7.6

1. Aug 28, 2013
    Every so often, a new 'mii series' game comes out for wii- these are basically a party series that exclusively uses your wii's miis to play. They have ranged from great ones, like Wii Sports Resort, to mediocre ones like Wii Play.
    But the basic make-up of them all is generally similar: minigames.
    But the basic make-up of them all is generally similar: minigames.
    Wii Party is the latest entry in this series. This minigame collection sees players using the wii remote to play various mii-exclusive minigames. Some are good, some are bad. Some use the wii remote in clever, enjoyable ways, others abuse it. Some don't use the motion sensing capabilities at all.
    But overall, what you're getting is a rather predictable however entertaining package. On your own, there is not a single thing to do- all the options are available from the start. But that's fine, because since when was a game titled 'Wii Party' a single-player experience?
    The issue with the game comes with some of the modes. In addition to minigames, there are some modes that use these minigames- balance boat is a good two-player mode which uses only co-op minigames. The aim is to balance 20 miis on the boat. But to get the right size miis, you must succeed at the co-op minigames. But for every great game like Balance Boat, you get an unengaging minigame like Globe Trot, which is a competitive game that requires players to explore the world in between playing minigames.
    Wii Party is a good multiplayer game, a riot with friends, but the fun wears off quickly.
  2. Dec 12, 2010
    No loving for a hardcore gamer, the game from the start is an obvious family game. However, I also consider it Mario Party 8 with Miis. It isn't impressive for a game, but at the same time, its not garbage.
  3. Oct 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a good game for play in family and with friends, it has good graphics and a lot of games , you can play with 2, 3, or 4 friends , the only thing bad is that it hasn't got on line mode. This is one of the best party games on the wii. It must be 10 in score. I love this game , is very simple, everybody can play, but if you play alone you get bored. I love all the mini games of this game. I hope Nintendo makes more games like this. When I played with my friends or with my family they say that it is the best game ever on the wii because it is very funny. I think Nintendo should do a Wii Party 2 with many games more and with a On line game mode for play with my friends with their wii Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    Enjoyable but short lived fun. Probably meant for a less hard core audience. There are about 20 mini-games with a decent variety of play styles but for many of them I did not feel like there was much skill involved.
  5. Dec 25, 2011
    The best party game on Wii you can buy. It contains a diverse selection of mini games and modes that you can play alone or bring some friends a long to enjoy the experience.
  6. Oct 10, 2017
    This is a pretty fun game with some fun games.

It has some really clever game ideas and it's fun for the family.

If you want a pleasent party game for the Wii, you might want to get this.

#13 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#24 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    Nowhere near the shallow quality those infernal Miis would suggest. [Issue#102, p.114]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Surprisingly, Nintendo did it again. Despite the almost saturated mini games market we have found new gameplay mechanics in Wii Party, and the low price for the game plus controller is almost ridiculous.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    Wii Party is a very interesting proposal which will be like by everyone and allows us to have some fun with friends. Maybe the game does not invent anything, but it brings a broad an varied minigame colection, with good balance.