6.8

1. JobAdkins
    Jan 1, 2009
    Lets get real,Madden is overrated and not good football.It was good back in 2004,2005 but it is terrible on the next generation consoles.The 2K series has always had the best football but madden was close for a while.That is the reason,of course,that they snatched the license so 2K couldn't make anymore football titles.Here it is though and it is great!The game play is untouchable andLets get real,Madden is overrated and not good football.It was good back in 2004,2005 but it is terrible on the next generation consoles.The 2K series has always had the best football but madden was close for a while.That is the reason,of course,that they snatched the license so 2K couldn't make anymore football titles.Here it is though and it is great!The game play is untouchable and that is what really counts.I'm just knocking some points off because of the lack of features that they left out of this title.I'm writing this review way after this title came out and I've played madden 06,07,08,09 they suck and i don't think they will ever get it together on the next-gen consoles.Blitz the league I and II are better then the madden series,so take my word,play this and the other 2K football titles from the past and wait for the next installment.Don't waist your time with madden just because there the only football game out there,thats being a sell out.NFL 2K2,2K3,2K4,2K5 are incredible games.I give this title a 9.1 Expand
  2. Vic
    Jul 18, 2007
    Finally a football game that offers us different camera angles and the ability to adjust. Madden football games are wayyyy overrated and this is a breath of fresh air.
  3. JRock
    Jul 18, 2007
    Some of these guys posting low scores are paid EA sports publicity people for the negative. This game is truly the direction football needs to be going in. the graphics are good and the gameplay is awesome! Some will tell you that "oh they don't have real NFL players current season in there. Not to worry when EA's license is up, 2k8 is for right now as real as it gets when Some of these guys posting low scores are paid EA sports publicity people for the negative. This game is truly the direction football needs to be going in. the graphics are good and the gameplay is awesome! Some will tell you that "oh they don't have real NFL players current season in there. Not to worry when EA's license is up, 2k8 is for right now as real as it gets when playing football. The game is about teaching players football skill, no longer can you stand in the pocket all day and throw bombs down field, timing is precious! The stiff arm the, shoulder charges, the spins the juks, are insane. This game is going to cause Madden 08 pain and EA doesn't want that war! If any of these guys had ever really played 2k5, they would know it beats the last 5 Madden games made and it was created 2yrs ago. Here is why having the current NFL players in this game right now doesn't matter. You create your team, then the fun begin its about getting the job done, the tackle impacts, reading defenses, setting up the pick and even making challenges. When you get online you can truly test your mettle! I was online last night, there were over 3500 players online and 1500 active games! This is about to be a huge online live hit. Get in the season mode is neat, unlike madden franchise mode, no need to juggle money right for free agents, create what you need, gone is the superhuman player(100% in all areas). This game is a must have! do let the Madden clones fool ya! Expand
  4. MarkB.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Good gameplay/graphics/presentation. needs work on playclock/ commentary is redundent/d-line shifs.
  5. KingHBK
    Jul 23, 2007
    This is for Str8 players only and if you want just a deep muliplayer experience. The passing is hard and the running game is no Tecmo Bowl. So if your hard core about online football. This is the game for you. Tons of customize options. THATS IT THOUGH. after that nothing. This is the ultimate stradegy football game. Thank you 2K for a good starting effort looking foward to tha future.
  6. McBain17
    Sep 4, 2007
    If you read my review on this years Madden then my score here really reflects my dislike for this game. I wanted, NEEDED for this game to be awesome. Unfortunantly it just falls short. The legends portion is tight, but needs WAAYYYY more options. From there on out it goes down the tubes. Game play is aweful, graphics horrid, and depth nonexistent. Maybe a another year or two and 2k will If you read my review on this years Madden then my score here really reflects my dislike for this game. I wanted, NEEDED for this game to be awesome. Unfortunantly it just falls short. The legends portion is tight, but needs WAAYYYY more options. From there on out it goes down the tubes. Game play is aweful, graphics horrid, and depth nonexistent. Maybe a another year or two and 2k will be a contender again. Maybe... Collapse
  7. JohnI.
    Jul 18, 2007
    This is a real football game EA. I had been playing Madden since 199. But since All Pro 2K8 has hit the market, I will never spend 60 bucks for that other football game. Get it together EA.
  8. MatthewK.
    Jul 31, 2007
    Game is full of glitches. Four attempts to play a complete game resulted in the game locking up at some point. never made it past halftime. Very disappointed.
  9. JimR.
    Aug 21, 2007
    The gameplay is decent, but when you pay $60 for a game you expect a complete experience and this game is seriously lacking. It's good for a weekend rental when you want a break from Madden or something, but don't make the same mistake I did and buy this half-hearted game. 2K really disappointed me with this.
  10. davidk
    Oct 19, 2007
    great game alot more realistic then madden 08

shame on 2k sports for not bringing this to pal regions or making the game region free , no one in pal territorys play ice hockey but they release there 2k series each year why not all pro 2k ?

plenty of pal gamers play madden (its the only choice!)

woulda been a 10 if you's released it in pal 2k thank god for imported consoles
  11. BryanM.
    Oct 22, 2007
    This is a pritty good game. shure there is nothing like a francside mode. but who really cares. this is a game you and you friends can play with some of your fav players that are now retired! It is sad though you can not pick more gold players or have no silver players and more gold and bronze players like the created teams. but that is all I have a problem with this game. but it really This is a pritty good game. shure there is nothing like a francside mode. but who really cares. this is a game you and you friends can play with some of your fav players that are now retired! It is sad though you can not pick more gold players or have no silver players and more gold and bronze players like the created teams. but that is all I have a problem with this game. but it really is only worth a rental because if you don't have many friends or if your friends don't like football it gets pretty boring. the only games that are better right now for the 360 is madden 08, and madden 06, 06 only because it is almost the same game but with a ok francise mode. Expand
  12. TerranceN.
    Jul 18, 2007
    No franchise mode. Enough said.
  13. ScottyP.
    Jul 23, 2007
    This is BY FAR the best playing football game on the market. From a gameplay standpoint, it is everything you expect from a football game. All the little nuances are there. The players move and react like you would expect them to. The running and passing game are both spot on and some of the defensive glitches from 2K5 have been adressed and fixed. Where the game falls flat on it's This is BY FAR the best playing football game on the market. From a gameplay standpoint, it is everything you expect from a football game. All the little nuances are there. The players move and react like you would expect them to. The running and passing game are both spot on and some of the defensive glitches from 2K5 have been adressed and fixed. Where the game falls flat on it's face is features. What features? There are not many. Lack of a franchise mode, lack of a fantasy draft, lack of multiplayer season or franchise modes. It hurts. The graphics look good enough on an HDTV, but are not quite as polished as they could be. The animations are insane though. Every little movement has been captured and replicated. Overall, the game is entertaining. The gameplay is amazing, but the replay value may be lacking a little bit for some people. Expand
  14. BradB.
    Jul 25, 2007
    I have no idea how this game is getting low reviews. This is honestly the best football game I have ever played. Online play is superb, and the gameplay is excellent. RUN out and BUY this game if you like football games at all.
  15. MikeC.
    Jul 25, 2007
    This game is the worst! The stadiums look silly, every player on the player select screen chews gum?! The animations are not clean..they are sliding everywhere, no franchise mode?!?!?! This game is lame. Go get NCAA or Madden when it comes out if you want a real football experience.
  16. NeilV.
    Jul 25, 2007
    I'll keep this brief because everyone else has already touched on most of my thoughts. There are limited game modes, and the graphics are attractive, but don't feel quite right (player builds may be off). The stadium designs are awesome and very imaginative and the gameplay is excellent. I was always a 2K fan before this game, but having gotten quite adept with the Madden I'll keep this brief because everyone else has already touched on most of my thoughts. There are limited game modes, and the graphics are attractive, but don't feel quite right (player builds may be off). The stadium designs are awesome and very imaginative and the gameplay is excellent. I was always a 2K fan before this game, but having gotten quite adept with the Madden controls, there was a one game learning curve for me. Overall, a very nice game. Not better than Madden 07, but at least as good as Madden 06. Thank you 2K, here's to the future. Expand
  17. Moo
    Jul 28, 2007
    You guys that are rating this game very low are either brain dead to what real football should be like or just one track minded Madden Zombies. People need to STOP comparing this game to Madden. They are both football games but thats where the comparison should end. This is football realism. If you know and love the game of football you will truly love this game and appreciate the depth You guys that are rating this game very low are either brain dead to what real football should be like or just one track minded Madden Zombies. People need to STOP comparing this game to Madden. They are both football games but thats where the comparison should end. This is football realism. If you know and love the game of football you will truly love this game and appreciate the depth and control 2k8 gives you. Expand
  18. DrowM.
    Jul 29, 2007
    The superior football game is back! This is one of the best football games I've ever played. When it's all said and done, 2K sports will reclaim it's throne.
  19. BillyD.
    Aug 13, 2007
    At the very best, the July release date of APF2K8 gave Maddenites something to do while waiting for August 14. This is virtually 2K5 repackaged with some HOF's and some not so HOF's (Merrill Hoge for example). The 2K sports series have some Cult followers who this may bother, but one of their biggest complaints about Madden is the similarities between the games in successive At the very best, the July release date of APF2K8 gave Maddenites something to do while waiting for August 14. This is virtually 2K5 repackaged with some HOF's and some not so HOF's (Merrill Hoge for example). The 2K sports series have some Cult followers who this may bother, but one of their biggest complaints about Madden is the similarities between the games in successive years and APF 2K7 is basically 2K5 repackaged in many ways (Tackling animations, Play selections, running engine). In fact this game has actually taken a step back since 2K5, and its not just the lack of a NFL license. The graphics are average and the plays develop at a very slow pace. Add this with poor AI and weak playbooks and what you get is basically a pre-season football game - Alright for a bit, but not the real thing. Expand
  20. BobS.
    Aug 21, 2007
    its is an OK game. It needed to be setup better. Because some teams are alot more amazing players than others.
  21. LeoF.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Gameplay is what a game should be worried about when first conceived and this game shows that, that formula works.
  22. StephenS.
    Jul 18, 2007
    APF gtes a 9 based on game play alon. From game play standpoint its a direct decendant of 2k5. The process of picking a team constructed of varying levels of legends adds depth. Ohh and lats I checked its teh football game that allows for online leagues. A must own for 2K fans and gamesr bored with Madden.
  23. MichaelB.
    Jul 18, 2007
    The game shines where we knew it would shine -- gameplay is pretty solid, though nothing better than what we've seen from other football games in the past. THe passing game feels too strict, without enough flow to the plays, but the running game feels spot on -- with a real ability to see and hit holes. The game, ultimately, feels featureless though and not polished. It reminds me a The game shines where we knew it would shine -- gameplay is pretty solid, though nothing better than what we've seen from other football games in the past. THe passing game feels too strict, without enough flow to the plays, but the running game feels spot on -- with a real ability to see and hit holes. The game, ultimately, feels featureless though and not polished. It reminds me a lot of Rockstar's Table Tennis -- a decent game, a good idea, and really solid gameplay, but with nothing to it past the solid gameplay... One major difference is that Table Tennis was a bargain priced game, at $40 when everything else cost $60. All Pro Football 2K8 would have been a great purchase at $40, but to charge $60 -- when the game is lacking every mode that other full price sports games feature -- is a ripoff. Rent it or wait for a price drop before picking this one up. Expand
  24. JoelC.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Amazing football gameplay. Im not a 2K fanboy, Madden is also a great game. But the gameplay in this is unmatched. Very realistic. I love the highlights. Two things, No NFL license obviously, and its missing a few features like franchise etc. but there is a season mode and everything is really customizable. Also I hate the music for the most part, there should ALWAYS be an alternative to Amazing football gameplay. Im not a 2K fanboy, Madden is also a great game. But the gameplay in this is unmatched. Very realistic. I love the highlights. Two things, No NFL license obviously, and its missing a few features like franchise etc. but there is a season mode and everything is really customizable. Also I hate the music for the most part, there should ALWAYS be an alternative to todays hip-hop. Its garbage. But to me, those things don't matter. What we have is an excellent solid football game, with excellent gameplay. Its just fun. Expand
  25. StevenS.
    Jul 21, 2007
    Not A bad game at all. It's a great rebirth for 2k Sports. Next year will be better. Great start though!
  26. Matt
    Jun 27, 2008
    McBain your opinion sucks. If you ever played football you would realize 2k8 is much more realistic than madden. There are like 4 catch animations in madden... they are repeated all the time. The animations in 2k8 are smooth and if you try a 10 step drop a la madden you will get sacked. It lacks game modes but online is great as you can try out new teams and see how you do.
  27. May 28, 2015
    Best football to date. 10 out of 10. Needs separate stadium for bowl game and experience, but still excellent. Haven't played madden since and it's 2015.
  28. Jun 6, 2013
    2K football games went under when EA Sports bought the rights in 2005. So what did 2K sports do? They signed a huge amount of legendary players and produced a very good football game. It lacks many features and little can be played, unlike NFL 2K5. But it is still a very good game.

This is a solid game overall -- and without a doubt, All-Pro Football should continue building on this foundation. But if you were expecting 2K euphoria after two years on the sidelines, you'll be disappointed, as this one's got rust in many of the wrong places.
  2. With no franchise mode, Crib, or many amenities apart from nice stadiums, it’s the lack of connection with the league itself, not the fact that the NFL is missing, that is a letdown. Bolster this aspect and make some gameplay tweaks, and All-Pro Football will threaten Madden’s NFL more than the XFL ever did.
  3. All Pro Football 2K8 doesn't quite reach championship status, what with its lack of modes and other small items. However, it turns out to be an excellent start for 2K Sports' newest football legacy. Can't wait to see what comes around next year.