6.5

1. JayD.
    Jul 16, 2009
    People pay money for this? I only give it a 1 because who doesn't like to hear "Wise Frum Yo Grave"?
  2. HaroldS
    Sep 12, 2009
    It was just terrible. I don't even think it would have rated as "mediocre" back in its heyday. Waste of points.
  3. MarkD
    Sep 14, 2009
    Blimy Sega! Why release this when you had so many other more worthy Megadrive games to choose from? This was a a bit of joke even in 1991. Maybe it's got some nostalgic cheese factor going for it but I'd rather forget it thanks.
  4. [anonymous]
    Sep 3, 2009
    ruled back in the day. rules now. need to rerelease this game compleatly updated for today's consoles.
  5. rolfö
    Jan 8, 2010
    so bad its actually good! ...In a bad way..
  6. ChriisS
    Sep 10, 2009
    Altered Beast was one heck of a hard game when it first came out way back in the day. I still have my copy on Genesis, so I won't be buying the arcade release. I hate when people give some of the old school games bad reviews because they had basic collision detection and rudimentary controls... These games are old people, rate them accordingly. I give the game an 8 because it was Altered Beast was one heck of a hard game when it first came out way back in the day. I still have my copy on Genesis, so I won't be buying the arcade release. I hate when people give some of the old school games bad reviews because they had basic collision detection and rudimentary controls... These games are old people, rate them accordingly. I give the game an 8 because it was challenging and it did have some great sound effects. It is definitely a game that still comes to mind some times and I found it enjoyable. The game however was not in my top 5 Genesis titles so I can't give it higher than an 8. See more of my reviews at http:\dkgamestudios.blogspot.com Expand
  7. ChrisT
    Sep 16, 2009
    yeah i know 10 out of 10 is a little much but i am not comparing it to new games. i remember getting this game off a friend for sega genisis. and i still have it. it is just real old fun. i really like the level when you get to turn into bears!!!
  8. Sep 11, 2010
    it ok it one of the game you play once and never play again.
  9. Oct 20, 2010
    Best of the classic sega games. Really, best of MOST classic arcade games... don't know what these other idiot's are talking about. Other than not really recognizing a true CLASSIC anyway!
  10. Dec 20, 2011
    It's a classic game, its not meant for everyone especially for modern gamers, the classic feel is good and the controls seemed to adapt well, it was a great game and it still is over here, unfortunately, unless you want achievements this game has absolutely no replay value, so you should think twice before buying this game.
  11. May 4, 2012
    This game is a classic title and was one of the best arcades in existence back in it's day. It's port was every kid's reason for buying a Sega Genesis. IGN is the **** of gaming websites and their 'journalism' is not to be trusted here. You can't review a classic title made available for cheap download by modern day standards. They should have their card pulled. 10.

Altered Beast is a relic of the arcade heyday that just doesn't hold up today.
  2. The graphics are horrible, and made even worse by that hellish "smoothing" filter. Your powered-up hero has a bulky weightlifter's body with a tiny comedy head on top, while enemy designs are lumpy and ugly.
    A quick time diversion and better left for those with strong nostalgic memories only.