4.0

1. Jan 13, 2012
    It has some good ideas and promise. But that slowly fades as the game is stopped by boring game play, annoying combat, screen tarring and constant frame rate slowdowns. The controls feel very sluggish and stiff. Its not unplayable but you can spend ten bucks on somthing else
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    The developers of Amy are a bunch of lazy, untalented, unimaginative people, who doesn't understand what gaming is about and shouldn't work on games. Making the game hard is one thing, using cop-out tactics widely despised to do so, is why Amy didn't make it to shelves and why it doesn't deserve any ones time.

It gets a 1 because there's a genuinely interesting and original idea behind

It gets a 1 because there's a genuinely interesting and original idea behind the game and storyline, and how the game SHOULD work, but it doesn't deliver.
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    The worst game that i have played in my life, bad gameplay, zero originality, what are de developers doing whit this game, is like a PS1 game in graphics, but whit zero gameplay, **** history and no characters to enjoy...sure is a crap, please don buy this game is a ****
  4. Jan 12, 2012
    WORST GAME EVER. What the hell were the developers thinking? everything about this game is awful. Not only does it look like crap there is screen tear constantly. The controls are awful and clumbersome and the gameplay would feel out of place on the playstation 1. There is nothing to recommend in this horrible piece of garbage.
  5. Jan 12, 2012
    I got this game for $10 and I must say, if you have the skills to beat this game you sir deserve a golden star. As it is one of those rare video games that truly makes you want to put a shotgun in your mouth and pull in trigger. Amy is to Black Ops as MW3 is to MW2, that sir is the best analogy, If you bought MW3 then Amy is something you will also enjoy without a doubt :)
  6. Jan 16, 2012
    This game was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, then they delay for more then 8 months so it release both on PC and 360. Then, the developpers charge PS3 owners more?!

Glad this game bombed! Looks so boring and awful
  7. Jan 15, 2012
    Enough people have said it, but it begs saying it again, this game has no redeeming qualities. The concept is certainly a solid one, but the games description is by far the most tantalizing aspect of it. The gameplay is one third escort quest, two thirds cheap death mixed with a total lack of direction, frustrating camera angles and graphical glitches and every other god-forsaken issueEnough people have said it, but it begs saying it again, this game has no redeeming qualities. The concept is certainly a solid one, but the games description is by far the most tantalizing aspect of it. The gameplay is one third escort quest, two thirds cheap death mixed with a total lack of direction, frustrating camera angles and graphical glitches and every other god-forsaken issue that would cause a game to get hammered in the review scores. Expand
  8. Jan 12, 2012
    The rare game that truly does deserve a Zero. The fact that the developer are actually trying to make money off of this game is utterly appalling.

Look, even members of the development team here on Metacritic reviewing the game can't even give it higher then a 7. They know a higher score would make their position obvious...lol. I imagine if these guys ever want to make another game they

I imagine if these guys ever want to make another game they are gonna have to fund it themselves. WORST Game of the Year! Making that claim so early with 11 months to go should be a warning in and of itself.
  9. Jan 13, 2012
    Let me put it this way, Amy is NOT a good game, at all.
    Anyone who gave this more than 5 is just under denial that they bought a horrible game.
    The game runs bad (on Xbox and PS3 even), plays bad and handles bad.
    The graphics are not good or bad, they are just extremely dated and the game looks really old.
    If you consider buying this game, DO NOT buy it. There is so much else.
  10. Jan 19, 2012
    This is game sounded good in previews, trailers and the original info for it, but this game is a complete disaster. The issues can even be seen in the opening scene where the voices are very bad, the character animations are amature and the scene lags. Second problems are in game, the checkpoint system is very bad and it is not fair at all. You die, your doing about 2 hours worth ofThis is game sounded good in previews, trailers and the original info for it, but this game is a complete disaster. The issues can even be seen in the opening scene where the voices are very bad, the character animations are amature and the scene lags. Second problems are in game, the checkpoint system is very bad and it is not fair at all. You die, your doing about 2 hours worth of gameplay... AGAIN. I would recommend burning your game system instead, at least its better then this horrible game burning your eyes out. I mean, i will rate this better IF they fix the issues with this crap title. Do a full update like what happened to Hydrophobia... Then maybe... Totally wasted 9.99. Im sorry wallet. Expand
  11. Mar 11, 2012
    A nice history, spoiled with a bad execution: the graphics are a mixed bag, very nice in the characters, very poor in the enemies and scenarios, and with a lot of darkness to hide things. The voices and musics are well done, but the worst part of the game resides in some aspects of the gameplay: robotic movement, and one of the worst combat systems I ever saw. But it have some nicefeaturesA nice history, spoiled with a bad execution: the graphics are a mixed bag, very nice in the characters, very poor in the enemies and scenarios, and with a lot of darkness to hide things. The voices and musics are well done, but the worst part of the game resides in some aspects of the gameplay: robotic movement, and one of the worst combat systems I ever saw. But it have some nicefeatures too, like the puzzles and the use of Amy as your partner to solve them, and as a "radar" to enemies (like the radio in Silent Hill). I had too many expectations from this one, but I'm truly disappointed with the final game... it's a wast of MS Points in the end. My score: 3,2 / 10,0 . Expand
  12. Jan 18, 2012
    Now this is one heck of a bad game. Stay away from this game... like forever!!!!
    veryhting seems unconnected, broken, unfinished. The plot is terrible, graphics (u know those 2004 games, well amy got worse graphics) gameplay wow, long time i didn't play a game which gameplay sucked that bad.

Like i said, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME, Go to Mcdonald, buy a Happy Meal, the gift inside that box is way more entertaining than this game!
  13. Feb 1, 2012
    A disgusting piece of crap. I wasted 10 dollars on this. I was literally rooting for this game when others dismissed it. One thing I hate more then this game's missed opportunities, is myself for buying it. The ONLY reason this monstrosity gets a 2 is because I enjoyed Lana's death animation. SMACK GROUND DEAD. One helpful tip for those who consider buying this game. Download the trial.A disgusting piece of crap. I wasted 10 dollars on this. I was literally rooting for this game when others dismissed it. One thing I hate more then this game's missed opportunities, is myself for buying it. The ONLY reason this monstrosity gets a 2 is because I enjoyed Lana's death animation. SMACK GROUND DEAD. One helpful tip for those who consider buying this game. Download the trial. Then immediately delete it of your hard drive forever. BEHOLD THE AMY EXPERIENCE! Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2012
    Terrible. AMY IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES TO SURFACE THISTerrible. AMY IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES TO SURFACE THIS PLANET.TerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerribleTerrible Expand
  15. Jan 22, 2012
    It being '$10' does not make up for the fact that it is only a 5-hour game (renting a disk-based game would be cheaper), nor does it make up for the mediocrity of it. Bringing no originality to the zombie genre of video games, played out as they are, with the only horror aspect being the act of playing it in the first place.
  16. Mar 13, 2012
    This title is far from good. Its terrible. I have always played Horror games and seen many terrible games, and guess what? This is the worst game ive ever played and the worst money spent. First off, right off the bat the opening train scene is lagging. Then, animations are VERY amateur and mediocre. Also, the subtitles. Turning subtitles on is a must for some players who cant evenThis title is far from good. Its terrible. I have always played Horror games and seen many terrible games, and guess what? This is the worst game ive ever played and the worst money spent. First off, right off the bat the opening train scene is lagging. Then, animations are VERY amateur and mediocre. Also, the subtitles. Turning subtitles on is a must for some players who cant even understand what these horrible poorly done voice work is saying, however, the subtitles are not even right. Such as in subtitles, names are not spelled right, or some random name entirely. Example: "Mary, Lets call Regina". Neither of those names are even in this title. Next, Combat is broken completely. Hitting an enemy will be a 40/100% chance of working, due to faulty animations and broken configuration files. Save game points are terrible. Most chapters are about 1 hour long, and you die one time during it, YOUR STARTING THAT WHOLE CHAPTER OVER. 1 HOUR OF GAMEPLAY LOST! Some other issues is the game has HORRIBLE AI. Amy wont respond or come to you at times. Monsters sometimes just stand there like there mental. Then, here comes more! Theres a few areas in the game that have Mines. When this is bad. Because it takes alot of health away from you, and you need one of Amys powers for it, however a largely known bug causes that power to completely be removed from the power menu, making it impossible sometimes to use powers. The replay value of this title is TERRIBLE, and you dont even want to play anymore after 10 minutes of this poorly done BROKEN game. The controls are broken, clunky and very uncomfortable, so bad its unplayable for more then 1 hour before becoming disabled in your hands. The voice acting is poorly done, and is terrible. The graphics and visuals are better ON A EARLY ps2 game then this crap. So my final score? Graphics: 1/10, Sound: 3/10, Gameplay: 1/10, Replay value: 0/10. I do NOTTTTTT recommend you buy this game at all, in fact, i suggest you shoot your self in the face before you do. Like several other reviews said, $10 on your console of choice, can get you Hydrophobia, a fantastic survival horror game on a ship, you for $10 on PSN, you can get PRIMAL another fantastic horror title. So i suggest you go to your service... AND KEEP PRESSING THE FOWARD BUTTON, whatever you land on, no matter the price, im 100% sure its better then... AMY. Final notes: I WILL CONSIDER CHANGING MY SCORE IF THE DEVELOPERS FIX THE TITLE IN UPDATES. UNTIL THEN, IM GONNA WARN EVERYONE ON EVERY GAME FORUM I EVER GO TO, TO NOT BUY THIS GAME. VECTORCELL DOES NOT DESERVE THAT MONEY THEY GOT FROM PEOPLE WHO WERE SUCKERED INTO BUYING THIS GAME, AND THEY SHOULD BY LAW BE REQUIRED TO REFUND EVERYONE SINCE THIS GAME IS NOT WORKING RIGHT. SONY AND MICROSOFT, DO SOMETHING NOW! TAKE IT OFF THE STORE! Expand
  17. Mar 14, 2012
    its funny how everyone hates this game and i am going to be honest and say i haven't played it... but the real kicker here is that you've bought a bad game as DLC.... It's worthless. you can't even use the disk as a coaster because it's not printed on one. non physical media is worthless. a piece of paper has more value. at least it exists.
  18. Mar 29, 2012
    Horrible. One of the worst games ever made. Its boring and broken. I'm glad this is only a xbox live arcade title. Sadly, I still wasted my money on it.
  19. Mar 14, 2012
    In the end the only question which must be answered is how the publishers allowed such a shoddy, poorly designed title to sail out under their banner. This game is stagnant, repulsive and broken. The very small positives must be searched for, and the many flaws are far too apparent. An exemplary lesson in how not to develop a videogame.
  20. Dec 27, 2012
    Packing potential to be named "One of the worst" 'AMY' features countless opportunities for players to "Rage" as 'PS2' style game play stands out as out dated and unoriginal. AMY could even make games such as 'Duke Nukem Forever' and 'Velvet Assassin' look good, as player cry in desperation for a much needed end to this horrible game. 2/10
  21. May 18, 2013
    This game isnt even a game just an unfinished pile of mess i feel sorry for the people spent there hard earned money on this so really i feel sorry about myself
  22. Jun 3, 2013
    Amy is a stain on the gaming market. Poor mechanics and retarded A.I, this game is just baaaaaaaaad. I have to give it credit for at least trying to make an actual survival horror game, but that's about it. If you're looking for a GOOD survival horror game, I'd go with Amnesia: Dark Decent.
  23. Jan 12, 2012

1. Mar 13, 2012
    It has a certain old school charm and a couple of really good ideas, but it's also rather ugly, repetitive and tiring. [April 2012, p.82]
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    Intense, riveting, terrifying and masterful are just a few of the words we wouldn't use to describe Amy. One of the worst games on Xbox Live Arcade. [Issue#82, p.102]
  3. Feb 15, 2012
    Everything good about Amy is undone by laborious puzzles and miserable controls. [March 2012, p.95]