6.2

1. Mar 29, 2013
    I cannot understand why critics are not in favor of this game, it's incredible. Everything from the amazing customization (masks, load outs, etc.) to the insane destructible environments, provided you use the brutal overkill mode, is just breathtaking. Its not a masterpiece, by any sense, the story and characters are pretty mediocre and there are some graphical glitches throughout. TheseI cannot understand why critics are not in favor of this game, it's incredible. Everything from the amazing customization (masks, load outs, etc.) to the insane destructible environments, provided you use the brutal overkill mode, is just breathtaking. Its not a masterpiece, by any sense, the story and characters are pretty mediocre and there are some graphical glitches throughout. These cons however, are vastly overshadowed by solid controls, equally up to par co-op action, and countless ways to differentiate your T.W.O operative. Overall a great entry in a ridiculously fun series. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    i'm amazed how the current so called reviewers hited a new low. they list a serious of cons and then axe the score but at same time with the same con but in another shooters we know they give perfect scores. double standards and hypocrisy at best! is not the best shooter and it never wanted to be a call of duty or battlefield. this is a shooter made for you and a friend only and have a ai'm amazed how the current so called reviewers hited a new low. they list a serious of cons and then axe the score but at same time with the same con but in another shooters we know they give perfect scores. double standards and hypocrisy at best! is not the best shooter and it never wanted to be a call of duty or battlefield. this is a shooter made for you and a friend only and have a a good time with some jokes and explosions. this is a game that makes you feel good and have a great time, resuming this is a game that understands what games are made for!! if you dont buy this game because of the reviews then you're missing out a great game. Collapse
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel is an amazing edition to the series. The graphics are gorgeous on the Frostbite 2 engine from the developers of Battlefield 3. The overkill mode you get from performing co-op maneuvers adds a great edition to fights and helps you eliminate tougher enemies like nothing so save up overkill for when you really need it. This game is by far the best in the seriesArmy of Two: The Devil's Cartel is an amazing edition to the series. The graphics are gorgeous on the Frostbite 2 engine from the developers of Battlefield 3. The overkill mode you get from performing co-op maneuvers adds a great edition to fights and helps you eliminate tougher enemies like nothing so save up overkill for when you really need it. This game is by far the best in the series and probablly the best shooter of this year. Amazing 10/10 Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    The best Army of Two so far, A lot of action, destructive enviroments, funny moments and the arcade gameplay that the franchise do so well. If you wanna have a good time with some friend, and you love shooters, this is for you.
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    Another great addition to the franchise... in action sense. Not very heavy on story, but just killing and enjoying the arcadic feel. The gun play is awesome, and the overkill mode makes it feel empowering. Long campaign, with short levels to test your capability of teamwork.
  6. Mar 31, 2013
    Good:
    + Great story
    + Good co-op
    + Cover system
    + Simple weapon customizations

Bad:
    + Camera angle is really bad
    + Some graphical glitches

Very good game! Great story, nice game. Nice co-op and cover system. Yeah there is some bad things like camera angle, but game is still good. So far, the best game this spring!
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    The best AoT yet! This is a true co-op game. Don't bother playing if you don't have a co-op buddy. The game wont be the same. The use of Frostbite 2 takes the series to another level. It's the best looking AoT by far. Weapons customization is great and so is the mask editor. The voice over work is marvellous too. The only weak aspect is the story, but who cares when you are shooting up!The best AoT yet! This is a true co-op game. Don't bother playing if you don't have a co-op buddy. The game wont be the same. The use of Frostbite 2 takes the series to another level. It's the best looking AoT by far. Weapons customization is great and so is the mask editor. The voice over work is marvellous too. The only weak aspect is the story, but who cares when you are shooting up! Recommended. Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2013
    destructoid is once again smoking crack, giving this game a 4 out of 10, it is an easy 8.5, everything is destructible, great graphics, story avg but gameplay really fun, haven't found bugs or glitches and i been playing the game alot, and it is more fun than lotta new games,
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    so much swag in this game, that the swag outweighs everything else, you just wanna play until your swag has run out, which is never cos this game has so much
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    Army of Two the devil's cartel is the amazing game of the coop.
    The customize is just amazing, the graphics are georgous, it's a one of the best game of coop.
    I love this serie
  11. Mar 31, 2013
    I LOVE THIS GAME i do not understand why the critics are being so picky with this game its better than the last TWO [ha ha] and the gun/mask creator is very neat and polished this game deserves more praise
  12. Apr 3, 2013
    I had fun with it. Truth is, there aren't enough solid third person shooter's out there. This one has good controls, the guns have a good kick to them. The story is not spectacular but is enough to keep you interested in how things turn out.

We as gamers need to wake up and support good games like this one, the critics won't do it as they fancy themselves as "art critics" rather than game critics. This game is not a work of art, and does not set out to be, but if you want a damn good time, where you can feel like a bad ass for 8-10 hours pick this up and other games like it.
  13. Apr 12, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Nothing wrong except occasional sound glitches. Really enjoy the destructible environment, the allowed dismemberment of people. All around a amazing game.
  14. Apr 24, 2013
    Honestly i'm giving this a 9 simply to counter all the terrible reviews about this game. It's an 8 at best, but it's fun, mindless and again fun. Pay it with a friend and especially if you enjoy the other games.
  15. Aug 27, 2013
    Liked this Army of Two game better than the previous two games. Sure Alpha and Bravo are not as likable as Salem and Rios but the Story was better and the controls didn't feel as stiff.
  16. Apr 2, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of the army of two series and this game sure doens't dissapointment me.
    The first one was one of my favorite games iv ever played. It was so orignal, so much fun and the amount of weapon customization was never done before. The second was was a downgrade but still had the charisma the first had,
    Well this one by far surpasses the first two. I just beat it and i was blown
    Well this one by far surpasses the first two. I just beat it and i was blown away by the ending. Also it's quite long, and took me around 13 hours to beat which is great. The first half of the game was alright, the story didn't kick off till half way threw but once it did I couldn't put the game down.
    You now play as alpha and your teammate is bravo. No longer Saleem and Rios but they still play a major major part in the game and fans of the original games will love what happens.
    At first the new characters really didn't do it for me. They were just too stiff and generic at first but they half way threw they started to warm up and got a personality of there own.
    The gameplay is greatly improved from previous ones. The cover system is I'd say one of the best. You can now blow up and shoot up walls and cover which is just purely sick. There's also a pretty detailed gore system. You can shoot off enemies heads, arms, hands, legs and there torso. An enemy sitting behind cover? Either throw a frag at it or shoot his damn head off.
    The rest of the gameplay is solid and so smooth as well.
    Also getting a total upgrade is the graphics. The game looks great and some of the effects are crazy good.
    Just like the previous installments there's a very deep customazation section but even better than before.
    You still get a ton of weapon attachment, and so many masks to choose from(over 20) and you can also custom make mask and give your guy an assortment of tattoos.
    Even with all these great additions some stuff that made ao2 different is missing.
    No more back to back shoot outs which were purely amazing. Also missing is the ability to mess around with your buddy by punching him, dropping him on his face on step jumps and no more Rock Paper Scissors! Are these major things, no but I still liked them all.

Graphics-9/10
    Sound-10/10(voice acting is top notch, as well as the guns)
    Story-8.5/10(started off too slow)
    Gameplay-9/10
    Customization-10/10
    Overall-9/10
    I truly love this game. Obviously it's gonna get looked over because its published by EA and being released with bioshock infinite but it deserves better. It's an unique shooter, an addicting shooter, and a fun shooter.
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    I'm not sure why this series gets a bad rap. When played with a friend, they're a blast. This entry is the best in the series, as it features amazing destruction/dismemberment effects and a deep customization system. Yeah, the story isn't innovative and there's plenty of juvenile dialogue (though not as much as the first), but it's definitely worth playing once or twice.
  18. Jun 8, 2014
    Army of two series is excellent this one was the pick of the lot. I thought the story was blinding and the graphics were awesome, I cant understand why people thought this was the worst. I just hope they bring out another army of two they are great ...
  19. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +In summary a great game, I actually liked the changes both of game play style and new lead Characters (Alpha/Bravo), the story was pretty decent too, all be it over a 5 year arc, which was hard to grasp at 1st.
    -What blew me away was the Salem character looking totally different from the 1st two games. While Rios just looks older. Very Strange. Also the plot twist (Spoiler Alert)....Salem going bad.
  20. Dec 5, 2014
    the three games army of two the've enjoyed, you can play alone or with friends, really loved it, and I want to play the next game, ea has great games, hope to see him prone on ea access with dead space
  21. Apr 4, 2013

1. Jun 9, 2013
    In the end, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel is a boring, meatheaded slog through about ten or so hours of predictable situations and sub par dialogue, and if someone told me that the development team had simply been handed a bit of cardboard with the words "sink this series" emblazoned across it as a design document, I'd believe it without hesitation.
  2. May 20, 2013
    As an entry into a series that has failed to realise its potential, this is safe and dare we say it, also a bit boring. [Issue#135, p.106]
  3. May 13, 2013
    A prime example of a gamified action film from the eighties. The story is only an excuse for bloodshed and the game is far from unconventional. Yes, I've seen this before at least dozens of times, but then again, there's always room for some good old-fashioned pointless violence. [May 2013]