7.6

1. Apr 24, 2011
    I bought this game to play co-op with my brother; we got quite far through the campaign before deciding it was so awful we couldn't bare to play it any more. There are some decent sections and the idea is good, but the execution is poor. I would have thought an EA published title could have invested some more time into making it a bit more interesting. On the plus side, gun customisationI bought this game to play co-op with my brother; we got quite far through the campaign before deciding it was so awful we couldn't bare to play it any more. There are some decent sections and the idea is good, but the execution is poor. I would have thought an EA published title could have invested some more time into making it a bit more interesting. On the plus side, gun customisation is very good but it doesn't come anywhere near saving the game. I can't recommend you play this game. 1/5, poor. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Short campaign, Pretty much no multiplayer interactment during campaign (which is the basis of the entire game, fail?), No replay value, and a poor multiplayer makes this game an epic failure.
  3. Jan 6, 2012
    This is a game for moronic idiots. The mercs are more suited to watching Spongebob than saving the free world. The friendly AI is some moronic that sometimes would run around in circles or fail to revive me. The gameplay is ripped off from gears of war but without the awe or enemy variety. Also how can a bunch of ill trained rebels hijack a carrier and kill Navy SEALs? **** this game andThis is a game for moronic idiots. The mercs are more suited to watching Spongebob than saving the free world. The friendly AI is some moronic that sometimes would run around in circles or fail to revive me. The gameplay is ripped off from gears of war but without the awe or enemy variety. Also how can a bunch of ill trained rebels hijack a carrier and kill Navy SEALs? **** this game and the developers, who should resign or kill themselves. Expand
  4. Apr 3, 2015
    Not the worst game I've played, but pretty bad.

It's all about the gameplay for me in 3rd person shooters, and this game fails in that department. Cover system is sticky and hard to control, aiming is terrible, and drawing the enemy fire is a pointless mechanic. Graphically the game is good, no problems there, and I like the customization options. The two protagonists are idiotic
    Not the worst game I've played, but pretty bad.

The two protagonists are idiotic meat heads, that hardly draw you in to the bland plot taking place.

There is one saving grace. Co-op. If you are looking for a decent co-op game to play with your friend and have a laugh, this is as good as any. Annoying, but also funny in places. I would never play this game by myself.

1. It has plenty of redeeming and rewarding features to offset its linear limitations, but it was designed to be played with a friend, so approach with caution if you don't have Xbox Live or a friend to partner up with.
  2. Calling Army of Two a poor mans Gears of War may be unfair, but the comparison is a reality as the game falls short on so many levels.
  3. Army of Two’s solo mission doesn’t match the firepower of its two-person co-op play, either in the offline game or online. But it does have plenty enough gun-filled action to satiate any violence-fans fill, and if the online gameplay is functionally free of lag or connectivity issues, Army of Two is one of the better recently released titles in regards to Xbox Live gaming.