Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Xbox 360

8.3

1. Nov 16, 2010
    This is easily one of the standout titles of the year. Hope the critics understand its worth and its uniqueness. This is because it is for the first time that the gamers will get their hands on the multiplayer component of a pure action adventure game.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout andAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout and feverishly complete every Subject 16 puzzle, collect every item and refurbish every shop, aqueduct, faction building and underground tunnel you come across. Achingly beautiful to behold and incredible to play, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be the best Roman holiday you'll ever have. Expand
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to aAssassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to a much polished, yet familiar game. The narrative is one element that has received increased attention. No longer is Desmond an inactive rascal performing pointless tasks outside the animus- he's now a platforming pro. Ezio's story arc is more focused, with Cesare as the main antagonist, as vanilla and scared as he may be. Combat is far more fluid, with new chain attacks and satisfyingly meaty combat. And enough can't be said about the outstanding attention to period detail. The only real disappointments here are the general lack of variety, (a series sore point) repetitive misson varieties and some awkward parkour chinks in an otherwise spit shined armour. Brotherhood is better in almost every way than the great ACII and proves that the series can offer more depth to a progressively legendary franchise. Expand
  4. Aug 6, 2011
    I thought this game was excellent. Really well polished and I was surprised how well the Assassin Brotherhood game mechanic worked. The only problem I had was the game has issues with the controls, when you're trying to gently push a person and end up dragging a guard of his horse it can be very frustrating.
  5. Nov 25, 2010
    This is an amazing game the great single player returns and the multiplayer is amazing. The only bad thing I would say is that the storyline is not as good as Assasins creed 2s.
  6. Mar 5, 2011
    For sure one of the best games of the year. Multiplayer is probably one of the best i've ever played and the campaign is just as satisfying as all the other games in the series. How ever if your not looking for a multiplayer game your better off with one of the other creed games because they are cheaper and probably have just as good of a campaign
  7. Nov 20, 2010
    AC:Brother Hood is nothing short from amazing as Ezio is back in this spectacular sequel to AC 2. It has a good story and and enough content to keep you going fro ages with there being even more new and exciting things to do around Roma whether that be an assassination or scaling up to the top of the Colosseum. The games combat is basically the same as it was in AC 2 but that doesn't meanAC:Brother Hood is nothing short from amazing as Ezio is back in this spectacular sequel to AC 2. It has a good story and and enough content to keep you going fro ages with there being even more new and exciting things to do around Roma whether that be an assassination or scaling up to the top of the Colosseum. The games combat is basically the same as it was in AC 2 but that doesn't mean it isn't satisfying considering the vast array of wepons you can use hell you can even use a broom, the climbing however has changed slightly requiring you to be more precise with where you are going, but tbh it rarely does what you want and the climbing is a lot less fluent as it was in AC 2 which is a major disappointment.

Graphics are breathtaking on the environment as every detail is captured perfectly, but the graphics on the face aren't done that well and the splash effect on the water is badly done, the water itself is done really well though. Sound is as authentic as it gets with the Italian voice acting and every step move and crumble of a cliff when you scale it is captured perfectly.

The multiplayer although I haven't got the chance to play it can be nothing but a bonus from what I have heard and due to this being the only pure action adventure game with multiplayer on the 360 is worth buying on its own it probably rivals Uncharted's multiplayer
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Almost seems like an assassins creed expansion pack but it is still very good. i really like the main concept of the story and the multiplayer is also very fun. if more assassins creed games are made i hope they are somewhat like this.
  9. Jul 25, 2011
    I somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yetI somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yet miraculously, significantly improved, the story pacing is better and the graphics are, at times, spectacular. This is the first AC that I truly enjoyed from start to finish; and, while I got it for 20 bucks it would have been well worth full price. I'm now looking forward to Revelations. P.S. - check out the revelation CG trailer, probably the best trailer I've seen in a long time. Great game! Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2011
    I went from completing AC2 right into Brotherhood, and since the former title was fresh in my mind, I was immediately able to see the improvements in Brotherhood. In AC2 you got to experience Ezio's growth as an assassin, but Brotherhood was great, because from the start, your a bad@$$. The only fault I feel I need to voice is that you pretty much have to have already played the previousI went from completing AC2 right into Brotherhood, and since the former title was fresh in my mind, I was immediately able to see the improvements in Brotherhood. In AC2 you got to experience Ezio's growth as an assassin, but Brotherhood was great, because from the start, your a bad@$$. The only fault I feel I need to voice is that you pretty much have to have already played the previous game; they kinda just throw you into it, and the puzzles are more difficult from the beginning as well. But overall, I highly recommend this game. Expand
  11. Nov 16, 2010
    Wow!!! Incredible game. Brought everything back that you loved from AC 1+2, and got rid of everything you hated. Well placed new features, such as new weapon choices. Well developed story. Multiplayer is just perfect for this game. None other like it and it will keep you wanting to play it for years to come.
  12. Nov 26, 2010
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is definitely my Game of the Year. The story is still great continuing right where AC2 finished. Theres also a lot more to do this time with Leonardo's machines getting taken over by Borgia. Sending your assassins on missions, calling them in to help you in single player. Plus this time theres a great multiplayer mode!! 10/10
  13. Nov 25, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic sequel to AC2. But know it as that: a sequel, and be careful about expecting tons more over what you've found in the first two iterations of this game series. Brotherhood refines the series more than redefining it. The assassin's guild is a cool addition and Ubisoft did find a compelling way to continue the storyline. But beware, as theAssassin's Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic sequel to AC2. But know it as that: a sequel, and be careful about expecting tons more over what you've found in the first two iterations of this game series. Brotherhood refines the series more than redefining it. The assassin's guild is a cool addition and Ubisoft did find a compelling way to continue the storyline. But beware, as the closing acts of this game become a little harder to follow. The story jumping comes off as more disconnected than a cool storytelling element. All things considered, you'll enjoy the entire package, now with multiplayer mode, and get over any shortcomings you feel the game may have. Expand
  14. Jan 27, 2011
    The team at Ubisoft Montreal really nailed implementation of a new and great multiplayer experience. The premise of the AC: Brotherhood multiplayer is that you are one of six to eight Abstergio Templars placed into the animus for "employee training". There are several settings (some unlockable) and multiplayer modes. I have only played the "WANTED" scenario although there are also teamThe team at Ubisoft Montreal really nailed implementation of a new and great multiplayer experience. The premise of the AC: Brotherhood multiplayer is that you are one of six to eight Abstergio Templars placed into the animus for "employee training". There are several settings (some unlockable) and multiplayer modes. I have only played the "WANTED" scenario although there are also team scenarios.

in WANTED, you and the other players are playing against each other, but only one specific player is your target. Other Templars may also be after your target (I think the number of pursuers go up the higher the player's killing streak). Your objective is to take out your target (in the most covert manner) before any other pursuers do and before any of your pursuers take you out. It's basically 100 points for a kill or for a successful escape plus bonuses for finess such as killing from a crouching position, from being hidden, from three levels of covertness, and a host of other bonuses. Plus there are bonuses for using a variety of different bonus methods.

There are a limited number of character models in the game, so there are plenty of other NPCs wandering around who look exactly like your target and who look like you. This can be used to your advantage. You can hide in a group of NPCs where one or more of the characters looks exactly like you. If your pursuer kills the wrong target, he loses his contract on you and is penalized for a few seconds as a new target is picked for him.

There are quite a few unlockables that includes weapons (such as the hidden gun and throwing knives, perks (you start out with the ability to change into another character model for a time), and characters you can play. There are challenges with multiple levels that can also award you experience. I think I like it because it takes patience and the typical Call of Duty techniques don't work. The "run-and-gun" method fails, because as soon as your target catches wind that you are on their tail, they start running and often escape. The camping method doesn't work because there are always one or more templars after your ass and you are a sitting duck if you don't keep moving. It takes real finess to score a lot of points, not just a bunch of kills. You will often find that the leader does not have the highest number of kills. The dynamics of a Renaissance city filled with people not only adds to the experience, it is key to gameplay. The cities are complex and beautiful. The presense of perhaps dozens of NPCs identical to each player makes it very challenging. When your "radar" shows that you are within a few meters of your target, there could be several others who look exactly like him and you must take out the right one. Or your target could be disguised to look like someone else. Or they could use the "morph" unlockable in which they stand in a group of NPCs and everyone in that group looks identical. There is a large sense of satisfaction from seeing the message that "your pursuer killed a civilian" and, perhaps, some points to go along with it if it was your cleverness that caused it.

I didn't plan on writing a mini-review of AC: Brotherhood Multiplayer. , but I guess that's kind of what this is. Still haven't touched the single player campaign and I won't until I get past that stupid capture-the-flag challenge at the Venice carnival in Assassin's Creed II. Nor have I tried the other multiplayer scenarios other than "wanted".

I can recommend AC: Brotherhood simply on it's multiplayer. It is an absolute blast. Oh, and the campaign is supposed to be good too, I hear.
  15. Dec 28, 2010
    Another great addition to the Assassins creed series. The storyline is much more flexible as you dont just aimlessly assassinate every enemy you come across there is much more bulk. I also found that in the previous assassins creed once you had completed the storyline you were left with little else to do. Brotherhood has made up for this by introducing subplot based missions aswell as theAnother great addition to the Assassins creed series. The storyline is much more flexible as you dont just aimlessly assassinate every enemy you come across there is much more bulk. I also found that in the previous assassins creed once you had completed the storyline you were left with little else to do. Brotherhood has made up for this by introducing subplot based missions aswell as the return of the tomb searching. You can also hire assassins to go on mission for you and level up making you money as you progress. The online is good but not great, its something else to do if your struggling to afford another new title out this season like teenagers like myself sometimes have to do. Only critism is the ending. With out revealing anything i just think it doesn't really reflect that of what you do throughout the story but to be honest it doesn't bring the games quality down by any means. Story 85/100
    Online 60/100
    Sub plot 80/100
    overall 75/100
  16. Feb 10, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has it's heights and downs for me. Firstly, to begin with something positive, the multiplayer is a RUSH. You constantly have to be aware of your surroundings to identify your pursuer and your target. It's an adrenaline shot, making you stand up when you are close to killing your target or it can make you gasp when out of nowhere your hunter found you. But,Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has it's heights and downs for me. Firstly, to begin with something positive, the multiplayer is a RUSH. You constantly have to be aware of your surroundings to identify your pursuer and your target. It's an adrenaline shot, making you stand up when you are close to killing your target or it can make you gasp when out of nowhere your hunter found you. But, other than multi player itself, singleplayer feels like it's the same over and over again. The only missions I liked at all was the one of rescuing Catherine Sforza and one of Leonardo's machine. Other than that, there are no missions which recreate what AC2 did. There are no new awesome gadgets and the story did feel kind of dull, and with the new addition of Assasin's Recruits, it turns to be a somewhat easy gameplay. So, to sum it all up, AC:B is worth getting for the multiplayer alone, but singleplayer is somewhat lacking. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2010
    This game is amazing in every aspect. The graphics are amazing, the combat is improved, the story is solid. Ond of the best games of the year and easily a game of the year contender.
  18. Dec 9, 2010
    Ok, this game is gorgeous. The graphics in this game are really good. Characters look the better than the previous two, and Voice acting is outstanding. But the story is very rushed, and not moving (lacking a lot of feeling.) It feels sometimes that your just rushing to go thru these memory sequences trying figure out what happens next. Instead whereas in AC2 the story flowed, you had noOk, this game is gorgeous. The graphics in this game are really good. Characters look the better than the previous two, and Voice acting is outstanding. But the story is very rushed, and not moving (lacking a lot of feeling.) It feels sometimes that your just rushing to go thru these memory sequences trying figure out what happens next. Instead whereas in AC2 the story flowed, you had no clue what was gonna happen to Ezio next, and it made u want to play more. But AC Brotherhood doesn't do that. Ur dropped in this story and rushed thru it. Disappointing ending as well. The final battle between Ezio and .... is fun better than the last ending battle in AC2 with Ezio fighting the pope. But the 'alien god' ending in AC2 was amazing, it gave me goosebumps when i watched it. But on AC Brotherhood, it didn't deliver, sadly. Combat is the best, the fluid strikes make u feel like a badass, sometimes i would just run up to some guys and fight them just to use the combat. A couple different counter moves but where the combat really shines is the executions (which is where u counter and then immediately attack a new soldier, then that automatically launches the executions which are brutal.) One execution with the Dagger is he shoves it up the guys chin thru his head. They are brutal (and awesome).
    ROUNDUP-Graphics and voice acting = Amazing
    Story lacks emotion and is rushed. I Give this game a 8.6 Gameplay is the best yet, combat is outstanding, better than last two combined!
  19. Sep 4, 2011
    After Assassin's Creed 2, I was wondering what Ubisoft could possibly do to improve this concept... well, they have. More things to do, better customization and in all improved gameplay in fighting from a horse, shooting and more. POSITIVE: Incredible story, still great wall climbing, training and using assassin's to aid you in your battle and send them to missions across Europe. GreatAfter Assassin's Creed 2, I was wondering what Ubisoft could possibly do to improve this concept... well, they have. More things to do, better customization and in all improved gameplay in fighting from a horse, shooting and more. POSITIVE: Incredible story, still great wall climbing, training and using assassin's to aid you in your battle and send them to missions across Europe. Great visuals. Atmospheric music. NEGATIVE: Climbing/running mechanics can work against you in quick sequences, leaving you behind or even dead by falling. CONCLUSION: 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' is excellent in almost every aspect, it's an improvement on the last one and quite satisfying to play. Expand
  20. Oct 16, 2012
    I confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) areI confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) are much improved (combat still confuses at times) and the setting of Rome is brimming with atmosphere. I exchanged Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for AC3 (NFSHP is one of the biggest disappointments of the year) and I'm so glad I did. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  21. Feb 28, 2011
    Ubisoft have taken AC:2, and tweaked it ever so slightly. I would recommend this game if you want to follow the story of the game, as it progresses both the story of Ezio and Desmond in his life outside of the Animus. The game also does a good job of balancing the story as well as introducing new players to the series. One of the big positives of this game is the multiplayer, which isUbisoft have taken AC:2, and tweaked it ever so slightly. I would recommend this game if you want to follow the story of the game, as it progresses both the story of Ezio and Desmond in his life outside of the Animus. The game also does a good job of balancing the story as well as introducing new players to the series. One of the big positives of this game is the multiplayer, which is thoroughly entertaining and probably the most innovative of any game. The negatives of this game are that the gameplay is almost identical to the last game, and playing through the game can be repetitive and boring at times. My advice is, if you are new to the series or have played the first two games and needs to keep up with the Assassin's Creed storyline, then this game is for you. If you are looking for a completly new experience, look elsewhere. Expand
  22. Jan 26, 2011
    This game delivered in many ways to please the current fans, and added features to attract newcomers. The multi-player gives a great experience as you kill your targets, knowing that they never saw it coming, but the time it takes to find a match and load is frustrating and may discourage those who don't want to wait. The campaign delivers in side-quest but not in the experience that AC2This game delivered in many ways to please the current fans, and added features to attract newcomers. The multi-player gives a great experience as you kill your targets, knowing that they never saw it coming, but the time it takes to find a match and load is frustrating and may discourage those who don't want to wait. The campaign delivers in side-quest but not in the experience that AC2 had given. But it's still fun to find every secret that Rome has to offer. Expand
  23. Nov 16, 2010
    Been playing this since midnight. It deserves a 10. The single player campaign will take your breath away. The city is so amazing. It enhances on the graphics of AC II and it seems the AI of the guards has been greatly improved. No longer will they simply attack you one at a time. They now have the sense to rush you, It causes you to be more assassin like, and not just run in there withBeen playing this since midnight. It deserves a 10. The single player campaign will take your breath away. The city is so amazing. It enhances on the graphics of AC II and it seems the AI of the guards has been greatly improved. No longer will they simply attack you one at a time. They now have the sense to rush you, It causes you to be more assassin like, and not just run in there with your sowrd out since when facing too many people, you WILL get beat. Multiplayer is new and fresh. And a word to ApocolypseBrown, shouldn't they filter you out since yours isn't even a review? Your the one bogging everything down with reviews that aren't real. Expand
  24. Nov 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This version of the series is the greatest release so far! Yet again Ubisoft has delivered a excellent product. It got a lot of variety and has a-lot of new game-play. The variety in the game with the training mode, the ability to buy stores and have your own little business, the assasin ssignments , recruting etc. The new achievement system for each mission where you can get 100% synchronization in certain conditions also brings a great challenge to the game. Game-play is as great as always, even now the developers have added more functionality to control your assassin the fun factor is greatly improved.

All the extra new features, variety and game-play of this game has boosted it to be one of the best games Iwe ever played!
  25. Nov 16, 2010
    It's a perfect sequel to Ac2 and one of the best games this year! The graphics and gameplay has been greatly improved and the story is the best in the series. This is not an expansion, it's one of the greatest sequels in gaming history.
  26. Jan 25, 2011
    This game is with out a doubt a massive improvement on all other AC titles and is one the games of the year. The multiplayer is innotive and a change from the boring shoot em up titles.
  27. Nov 30, 2010
    Once again Ezio Auditore da Firenze is our protagonist around 15th Century Rome. I canâ
  28. Nov 22, 2010
    Ubisoft fixed almost every complaint I had about AC2, all within the space of a year - the economic system is now deep and worthwhile, side-missions are in abundance and each carry a bonus objective, combat is more satisfying than ever, and the new Lair of Romulus shrines are fantastic exploration sequences. The last game's graphical weaknesses - notably in the facial area - have also beenUbisoft fixed almost every complaint I had about AC2, all within the space of a year - the economic system is now deep and worthwhile, side-missions are in abundance and each carry a bonus objective, combat is more satisfying than ever, and the new Lair of Romulus shrines are fantastic exploration sequences. The last game's graphical weaknesses - notably in the facial area - have also been smoothed out, and Rome seems less white-washed than the cities of AC2. IGN have got this one backward - AC2 is an almost flawless experience, even without the multiplayer, and unmissable for fans of the franchise or games like Uncharted. Expand
  29. Dec 5, 2010
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is 'THE' BEST game EVER made. It single-handedly beats the crap out of every game out there. An Improvement over Assassin's Creed 2 in almost every area! Diverse Gameplay, amazing graphics, unmatched presentation in storytelling, breathtaking soundtrack and an epic combat system, gel together superbly well. This is UBISOFT's most Outstanding Achievement!!Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is 'THE' BEST game EVER made. It single-handedly beats the crap out of every game out there. An Improvement over Assassin's Creed 2 in almost every area! Diverse Gameplay, amazing graphics, unmatched presentation in storytelling, breathtaking soundtrack and an epic combat system, gel together superbly well. This is UBISOFT's most Outstanding Achievement!! "PERFECT" Sequel to Assassin's Creed 2. Satisfying epilogue to Ezio Auditore's story and a perfect jump start to Assassin's Creed 3. The Story will SHOCK the crap out of you! Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2010
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood surpasses the previous AC games and is the best Assassin's Creed game yet. The SP is different, but great and the MP adds a ton of aweme on top of that. Definitely a GOTY 2010 candidate!

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a pleasant surprise in every respect, even though some of the concerns you might have had regarding the single map and ageing formula still stand with the final product.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    Those wanting more from Ezio, and to revel in the period set in Assassins Creed II for a little longer, will find fond memories in Assassins Creed Brotherhood; however I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen it all before and was being dragged along for the same old ride.