8.8

1. Jul 18, 2014
    I decided to give ' the best game in the series ' a shot. After completing it i felt...like I was missing something. Don't get me wrong, when I was playing I couldn't stop, but in the end... I didn't really care.

First of all, I didn't like the game at first. I took a break from it, because I thought it just wasn't my thing. I came back later and it still failed to appeal to me. After a
    few tries, I simply decided to sit through because I really didn't want to miss this adventure. Having played the game, I must say that I still have mixed feelings about it.
    So let's get straight to the point here: The gameplay is fantastic. You can really feel like an assassin. Climbing, killing, stealing, etc. It's all executed well. What I didn't think was so great was the story. I still have no clue what is going on and I don't see a reason to find out what was going on in that game. Something about a guy in this Animus project, being Ezio, who had his own story... It was hard to grasp. And this is one of the things where I think the game kind of missed the boat. Don't get me wrong, I hear people talk about this game like it's one of the best games they've played and I can see why, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no idea what is going on. I don't care what Desmond's or Ezio's motives are, I'm playing the game because I want to feel like an assassin. Not play through some story that I don't care about.
    Another thing where the game felt clunky were the fighting sections. The combat system had a lot to it and you could win by using a variety of moves. However, I never had to use these moves. Dominant strategy is what I stuck with. You see, you can make this complex combat system, but if I don't have to use any of it, and I can just go through the game by blocking, counterattack and dodge... then either I'm doing something wrong or the game didn't really force me to use these complex moves. I think the latter applies to my playthrough, which, in all honesty, is too bad. I would've loved to use some cool moves, but if I don't have to, why bother?

All in all, all of this doesn't take away from the fact that Assassin's Creed 2 is a great game that everyone should try, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. If people call this the best AC, then I'm afraid I don't have to check out another game in the series, because I won't really care anyway. Which is a shame though.
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    That game was amazing, was better than one, because it innovated thousands elements, the script is one of the best in the series. the environment is very very beautiful, many cool details
  3. Jun 2, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II. After I got my Xbox 360, there was one franchise I really wanted to try because all of my friends at school played it and said it was good, and that franchise was Assassin's Creed. Because this game was cheap at a Gamestop, I decided to buy the game and give it a try. So, is this game the one my friends all love, or are they completely wrong in saying this is an amazing game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game could fuel pretty much any generic action open world game. There is literally nothing that Assassin's Creed really does that makes it stand out from the rest of the open world sandbox games out there other than its setting. I'll admit, the setting of this game is unique, just like Far Cry 2 (ironically enough, they were both made by the exact same developer), as the game takes place in Renaissance Italy. There was no other game out there that used this setting before this game, so it is very unique. However, the big question here is: does the setting of this game save it? Unfortunately, unlike Far Cry 2, no. Far Cry 2 was unique because it was an open world shooter. Before that game came out, this had never been done before. However, Assassin's Creed's gameplay is basically Grand Theft Auto if it were set during the Renaissance. Every kind of mission from the GTA series is in this game, except that it is set during the Renaissance, and there are no cars of any sort. There is another big difference however: there are no guns in the game at any point whatsoever. Instead, you must resort to slashing people with swords and knives to kill them. This can be fun, however, it is still nothing we haven't seen before, as the game resembles a more beat'em up centric style. There is also quite a bit of stealth involved, but stealth in this game really is not as fun as it could be. Even the stealth in this game is nothing we haven't seen before. All you have to do is hide in the shadows, and attack unsuspecting enemies that might wander near you. Not to mention, by the time of this game's release, Batman Arkham Asylum was already out, and it took stealth and beat'em ups to a whole new level. While the gameplay of this game can be fun, it is nothing special, and overall, nothing we haven't seen before. As for the graphics, they are also on the just okay side. They would look good on the original Xbox, but not on the 360. You could make the argument that this game came out in the early days of the Xbox 360, but I would immediately counter that argument by naming five games that came out before this game, and looked better than this: Far Cry 2, Crysis, BioShock, Fallout 3, Mass Effect. That's not to say the graphics are all bad, they actually do look good in some parts. They just don't look as good as other games that came out before it. The setting looks beautiful, but the character models need some work. The character models all look a little weird, perhaps a little too bright, but the setting is nice. The graphics of this game are dated in some spots, but look great in others. As for the story, it sucks, and not much more needs to be said about it. Still though, I'll go into it anyway. Basically, you play as a man named Ezio Auditore. A lot of people said they love Ezio, but I personally think he's overrated. In fact, I don't like him at all. He's basically just an Italien version of Spider-Man who makes out with women a little more. Speaking of Spider-Man, I noticed several moments in this game that not only rip off Spider-Man, but other heroes as well. For instance, Ezio's family is murdered, and he rose from this to become a hero. This is practically the same story as that of Batman, Spider-Man, Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker, and Superman. They all lost family members (in Superman's case, it was his entire race), and they all rose from this to become heroes. They also throw in a story set in the present, but this story is so terrible, that I'm surprised they kept it for the other games in the series. Not only does it make the story more confusing then it needs to be, but you'll also find it to be a complete rip-off of the Matrix. The hero goes into a computer program to save the world. Overall, the story of this game is just bad. Overall, I have no idea what my friends were talking about. If you ask me, this game deserves a rent more than anything else. The only people I can really recommend this game to are people who love the Renaissance, and no one else. For everyone else, it would be best just to skip this game entirely, and get Batman Arkham Asylum instead. It is so much better than this game.
    Gameplay: 5/10
    Graphics: 6/10
    Story: 3/10
    Overall: 5/10
  4. May 27, 2014
    Masterpiece. Looks like you're really in Renaissance Italy. Good graphics, outrageous (in a good way of the word) story and character and gameplay. This is one of my favorites 7th generation games and my Ubisoft's favorite.
  5. Apr 21, 2014
    the assassin's creed franchise is highly overrated. I tried playing through this game but it's missions are so repetitive that I simply got bored like 15 hours through and gave up. the whole concept is more complex than it needs to be with the going into your ancestors memories and stuff, I would have been a lot happier with just actually being in the settings they give you in the games and not some matrix bull crap. the game does have its perks though, there hasn't been a game that actually makes you feel like a bad ass assassin, oh wait, yes there is, hitman and splinter cell do that and they do it better. sorry for sounding so negative though, the parkour is fun and there is a great sense of freedom, and kicking people's butt is fun, but that's it, its a pretty shallow game in my opinion. and yeah I know the story is pretty good but It means nothing if they don't execute the telling of it in an interesting and gripping way, that's how many great stories are ruined in games and this is no exception Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2014
    Turns out my initial impressions of this game were wrong. It's true, it does suffer from a bit of miasma early on, but once you get going and get a feel for the controls, it's an engaging feast of action and adventure. I played it relentlessly to the end, and while the finale could have been better, this is still a very solid game.
  7. Apr 13, 2014
    After playing this game after I played "Assassin's Creed III", I found myself disliking III more and more. This game has and insane scope to it, and not a moment is left dull. The story will keep you hooked for the entire journey. And I am proud to say that this is one of my favorite games of all time.
    I definitely recommend this game to any gamer who has not yet had the joy of
    experiencing this master peace. Expand
  8. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassins Creed 2 set new heights for the series as well as some new standards in open world games. AC2 also had some of the best characters and story ever conceived in a video game. The open world in Italy felt massive in scope and immersed you with it's authentic detail to every single building.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    Big open world.
    Lost of missions.
    Great protagonist.
    Amazing graphics.
    Gameplay has been improved.
    Climbing is now faster

Cons:
    Still too easy.
  10. Jan 25, 2014
    For me this is the peak of the series, this game feels like a proper sequel to the original, building off what was good about the first game and improving what was good while taking out what was done poorly in the series debut. I also think this was the last Assassin's Creed game that's ambition was beyond making money as the Hitman aspects of the gameplay seem to get forgotten about after this instalment. Getting back to this game the maps are fantastic and huge, the story is good but not great, this game seems to be the start of the series being present at important events in history just for the sake of being there, I mean I don't see Da Vinci's presence being that important to the overall story, he seems to be there just so the writers can show off some pretentiousness as apposed to actually writing some good fiction with original characters. However the game does do a good job at showing how corruptness is part and parcel of religion and high society throughout history. The game mechanics haven't changed a lot, every thing has being improved in terms of movement, flow and combat. There is plenty of climbing to be done which is fun but the amount of good stealthy killings seems to have gone down slightly with the main storyline assassinations being more focused on action set pieces and the Hitman style plan, wait, pounce method seems to have been assigned to the side missions. Overall this is a must own title of this generation and if your only going to play one Assassin's Creed game then make it this one. Expand
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    This game made the Assassin's Creed series what it is today. Renaissance Italy remains an excellent world to explore and works as an amazing backdrop for the Assassins versus Templar feud. The missions are compelling, collectibles are plentiful, and you find yourself with no shortage of things to do. This games fault, however, comes from the problem that it may seem to feel a bit repetitive after a while as you begin to get into the thick of the game. That feeling goes away as the game begins to climax and things pick up more, and the game should be played by anyone who is at all interested in Assassin's Creed. Expand
  12. Dec 29, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time it had a beautiful story great character development and so much replay value it is the best xbox360 or ps3 game money can buy it won more awards than l4d because l4d has no innovation.
  13. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a great game in my opinion the best storyline of a game yet.Ubisoft did a great job the story,characters and sound track is awseome an assassins creed game can never be good as this A 9999999999999999999999999999 review Expand
  14. Dec 8, 2013
    awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    assasins creed 2 improves on absolutely everything from the last
    pros: combat improvement, better story, better characters, desmond was more involved and useful here, ezio is even cooler then altair, a more interesting setting, better side activities
    cons: I kind of miss altair sometimes
  16. Nov 24, 2013
    It's such a shame that they just couldn't make you feel like it really was Venice. It's historical accuracy is lacking a bit too much. Games shouldn't be history lessons, but I think they could've done more than a silly Matrix-like Sci-Fi story, it's an old trick. But it's still a great game. It's graphics and exploration (via rooftops) stand out. 8/10
  17. Nov 20, 2013
    An excellent all round game, went forward in leaps and bounds from the first, still can be a little repetitive and probably a little too easy but all in all an excellent adventure.
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    This is what a sequel should be. Assassin's Creed 2 has almost anything you could expect. Fantastic visuals. Deep complex story. Rich varied characters. A large variety of missions and side missions.

Ezio is by far superior to Altair in every way, being extremely charismatic and likable. Not to mention this game also starts you off with Ezio as a nobody and shows you his ascent into
    becoming a full fledged assassin. This creates a strong bond between the player and the character, making it easy to identify with Ezio.

AC2 carries over all of the gameplay mechanics from the first game and improves upon the immensely. Travel outside of the city is now more fluid and doesn't feel as forced and limited in the first game.

Story this time round is better flushed out and well paced. The writers still keep allot in the dark, as clearly this franchise is far from over, but not so much to be maddening (like in the first game.)

Overall:
    Assassin's Creed 2 is a fantastic game that has firmly established this franchise in the annals of gaming history.
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    in comparation with the first assassin's creed this game is much better in all aspects,it has a great story and an great world but the problem is that don't have so much secondary missions.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    This was the pinnacle of the AC franchise. This review was written well after 3 came out with 4 coming in the next few weeks and I don't believe the series gets better than this game. First of all they fixed all the issues from the first game, including the poor camera, better combat balance, and a better story. This was also the last game in the series not to sell out for more money and that was evident by the sheer amount of work that was put into the story, characters, and locations in game. The 3 games that followed this (Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC 3) were either just a a money grab or just severely lackluster and, in the case of the upcoming 4th game, at least this game had it's own identity. Something that you could say was truly original in the long run. 3 and 4 are combined by a plot line that isn't really interesting. I won't say 4 will be a bad game but this was the last truly great game in the series bar none. 4 will have a long way to go to catch up with this game and put the series back on the map. This is easily the only game in the series, currently, worth playing and the best part is that you don't have to play 1 to understand what is going on here. Pick this one up for super cheap and enjoy it as you won't get as much enjoyment from any of the sequels in this series. Expand
  21. Sep 26, 2013
    This is the way you make an Assassins Creed game. This is the game that will get you high on Venice. The game that will change your life.The way you see things, they way you act around others. This game is legendary. The gameplay, story and graphics are TOP NOTCH.
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    Ha a year ago I confess that I did not care for this series, but AOPs play this game completely changed my vision, as it presents a fascinating story of betrayal, violence and extremely competent honor that takes the player to ancient cities portrayed faithfully and tastefully which makes the game a great product of entertainment for many types of people, ranging from the most laypeople seeking distraction to intellectual cults Expand
  23. Sep 25, 2013
    I have already written a review of this game once, however, I ultimately decided that that review was just bad, so I've decided to write a brand new one. What do I have to say about this game? Well, it is just about the most overrated piece of crud that I have ever played. Many of my friends at school played this game, and they claimed that it was awesome. However, all I have to say about it is that they are wrong. Dead wrong. Not just about this game, but also the entire Assassin's Creed series. There is really nothing so awesome about this series at all. As for this game, in case you are wondering why this is overrated, well, let's start with the gameplay. The gameplay of this game could fuel pretty much any generic action open world game. The only thing that really sets it apart from the other games in this genre is its unique Renaissance setting. Admittedly, I do like this game's Renaissance setting. It is more unique than most other games in its genre. However, the unique setting does not save this game if you ask me. As I said, the gameplay is just way too generic. Not to mention, by this point, Batman Arkham Asylum was already out, and it really made this game look bad. Also, I may or may not be the only person who has had these problems, but I also noticed dozens of glitches in this game that could only be fixed through restarting my Xbox. I've played several games with bugs and glitches in them, however, those could usually be fixed in easier ways than restarting my console. For example, on the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, if there was a glitch, I would not have to restart my PC, I would just have to restart the game. This doesn't take anywhere near as much time as restarting my Xbox, waiting for it to load, and then finally restarting the game. As for the story of this game, and the entire series, everyone keeps on telling me that it's awesome. It is not. Not by a long shot. For one, the interlocking stories set in the present and the past just make the game that much more confusing than it needs to be. Also, I'm stunned that I'm apparently the only person in the world who has realized this. The stories of these games just rip everything off. The story of Assassin's Creed II is pretty much just the Renaissance version of Batman. Some of Ezio's family members were murdered, and he rose from that to become a hero. That is exactly the same story as both Batman and Spider-Man. Their family members were also murdered, and they also rose from that to become a hero. Also, I don't see why everyone loves Ezio so much. I don't like him at all. He is pretty much just an Italian version of Spider-Man, who loves making out with women a little more. As for the story set in the present, all I can say is that it is just awful, and should just be removed from the series entirely. Not only does it make the plot more confusing, however, it is also a rip-off of the Matrix (one of the greatest Sci-Fi films ever made). It is all about the character Desmond Miles going into a computer program to gain the knowledge of his relatives, and save the world. The Matrix was pretty much the same scenario, with the main character Neo going into a computer program to save the world. As for the graphics, everyone keeps telling me that this series has quite possibly the greatest graphics ever. If you want my opinion on them, all I can say is that I don't see anything special. As a matter of fact, I'd say these graphics are good...for the original Xbox. This game's graphics were so outdated for their time. I can name at least five games right now that I believe had better graphics, and came out before Assassin's Creed II (Batman Arkham Asylum, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Half-Life 2). So yeah, the graphics of this game are completely outdated. I am convinced that there is nothing, I repeat, nothing Assassin's Creed can do that no other action game can't do already. This game, no, this whole series is every bit as overrated as the entire Call of Duty franchise. The gameplay is generic, the story rips off just about everything, and the graphics are really outdated. If you are a true gamer like me, stay as far away from this game franchise as you possibly can. If you want a much better experience, buy Arkham Asylum or its sequel Arkham City. These two games have amazing gameplay, a non-cliched story, and beautiful graphics. They are definitely much better choices than any game in this series. Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2013
    Assassin's Creed II took a formula of a great new IP and made it even better. It really did. everything about this game is great. The huge upgrades from the last game to this one are absolutely tremendous. This game focused more on adding numerous elements to gameplay, while also having one of the best stories and characters of any game I've played. The journey Ezio Auditore goes on to becoming an Assassin is a great example of how to develop a character. Throughout playing the game, you connect with Ezio in his situations, like when his father and brothers are murdered. You begin to care for him and his quest, as with all the other characters. As for Desmond... I never really liked Desmond's side of the story, but this game probably has the best story involving him, mainly because the growth between Desmond and Lucy, and his growth with the other characters, Shaun and Rebecca. The gameplay, like I mentioned, adds tremendously onto the last game, but it doesn't to the extent that it's too overwhelming, like Assassin's Creed III. Each area is big, but not too big, which adds the sense that makes each area confined. And thanks to elements such as buying armor and weapons, the combat system has improved a great amount. The control for the game is much better this time around. Ezio maneuvers much faster than Altair, and it makes the control faster and fluent. The soundtrack is great for this game. every track is beautifully composed, and fits perfectly with each area and scene. Overall, Assassin's Creed II steals the spot for my all-time favorite video game. It's perfectly written, has better control, better gameplay mechanics, more gameplay mechanics, pretty much more and better of everything. Expand
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. The graphics are breathtaking, the characters are all likable the atmosphere is great and has a unique feel to it that I can't explain. The story is very good as well probably my favorite in the series. The gameplay changes a lot and it stops it from getting repetitive. There's assassinations, stealth, combat and many others. The only thing that stops it from getting a 10 is that the combat can get very annoying when fighting brutes and spear men but I still strongly recommend this game. Expand
  26. Sep 5, 2013
    Assassin's Creed II is a step up from its predecessor in every way. It improves everything more combat mechanics, a deeper story, and better sense of progression. The dialogue can be cringeworthy at times, especially in any level set outside the Animus but it's nowhere near as bad as more recent AC games. At the time of AC II's release I had only rarely been amazed by the graphics of the 360's many games and it really impressed me. The attention to detail in the environments, the fluid animations, the slick UI it all added up to a beautiful looking game. AC II has a few small problems and annoyances but it felt fresh, polished and satisfying to play. One of Ubisoft's last great achievements. Expand
  27. Aug 23, 2013
    The game you wished the first was and more. Perfection of the free running elements as well as beautifully told storyline and incredible vistas. I have not yet played the third but I am warming myself up for disappointment, because there is really nowhere left to go after this, possibly the greatest game sequel of all time.
  28. Aug 16, 2013
    Absolutely terrible in every way. The graphics look like they're from an original xbox and the controls are awkward and use difficult timing. Missions are repetitve and the game is slow throughout. The original assassin's creed was much more fun and engaging.
  29. Aug 15, 2013
    A sequel that added so much to the original that you can't help but marvel at the achievement of the game. It's a game that convinced me to play to 100% and one that made exploration and collectible hunting as enjoyable an experience as the gripping storyline. There's also something to be said for introducing Ezio, one of the most well developed characters over the course of his story, originating from this great introduction. Expand
  30. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Many things in Assassin's Creed II are great, but there are also aspects of the game that aren't really that good.
    In Assassin's Creed II you play as a young man named Ezio Auditore da Firenze whom lives in Florence with his family of bankers. After seeing his father and brothers being executed, he decides to follow in his fathers footsteps, the way of the assassin. And believe me, there's more to this story that meats the eye.
    The gameplay of Assassin's Creed II is pretty simple and easy to learn. The four face buttons does one thing each. The X button sorts out different attack manoeuvres. The A button lets you run, jump and do other kinds of acrobatics. The B button will make you grab and interact with the world around you. And lastly, the Y button turns on your Eagle Vision, the sixth sense of the assassins. But while the gameplay is easy to learn it's not fun or easy to maneuver.
    Then there is the graphics whom sometimes are colourful and sometimes as grey and dull as the said "colour".
    And last, but not least, is the music composed by Jesper Kyd. And while the score is good it's not great. This is because all the songs in Assassin's Creed II sound the same, something that makes you really tired of hearing the same track over, and over again.
    So, in the end, Assassin's Creed II is a pretty good game, with a pretty good story, good gameplay and so-so graphics and music. And my final score is a 7 out of 10.
  31. Aug 7, 2013
    One of my top ten favorite games ever. Blows the first game out of the water and that was a good game.
    Rebuilding Monticello is clever and lots of fun and makes you feel like your accomplishing something.

The cities are beautiful and the game's gimmick (climbing high places) is tons of fun in this game because of the unique spots and the crazy high places you can reach. Assassinations
    are more fun because the targets have back stories that make them more intriguing to chase.

The quests are fun and revealing them from high points is a great way to do things. Enemies are more fun to fight because they wield different weapons, armor, and fighting styles.

Upgrading gear and having a room to strut your weapons off is fun. The side mission platforming is a great distraction from the main quest line and bears a great reward at its end,

Being Desmond no longer sucks and his part in all of this is more interesting.

The lame video searches and puzzles are really lame but you don't have to do them, and from what I understand, Having all that video reveals almost nothing anyway.

Ezio is a really great character and following him from 17 years old to his early 40's is a real treat. He matures mentally as well as in his skills.

Great Game
  32. Aug 6, 2013
    I'll start by stating that this game has some fun moments, and has a lot to explore which makes it fun at times but soon after playing a little while; it gets repetitious and a little boring. I did not like the main character as I didn't like his irresponsible and womanizing attitude, so it was hard for me to care about the story at all.

The AC series as a whole os overrated and just
    meh at times... Expand
  33. Jul 24, 2013
    amazing. the story, setting, characters, gameplay, plot, pacing, visuals, and u all great. my only issues are that there isn't that much replay value, and sometimes the game got boring.
  34. Jul 15, 2013
    El juego es muy bueno, historia, personajes, graficos, horas de diversion...lo unico que le agregaria seria un poco mas de dificultad (tanto en jefes como en misiones de busqueda)...
  35. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is a sequel done right. Every aspect of the first game is beefed up, making it bigger, better, and more remarkable. The various cities you visit are all detailed and large, the story is interesting, with a lot of emotional moments and an ending that'll completely shock you.
    Bonus points go to Ezio's uncle Mario, who promptly says, "It'sa me, Mario!" when you meet him.

This
    game is just spectacular. It's worthy of anyone's time. Expand
  36. Jun 25, 2013
    Taking nearly every element of its predecessor and elevating them exponentially, "Assassin's Creed II" gains a powerful story, an enduring protagonist, and an unmistakably perfect slew of gameplay elements.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    Assassin's Creed II is an all-around very solid game. The free-running is great and seamless, except sometimes Ezio has a mind of his own. You will be running and all of a sudden he will jump on a fruit stall or in a hay cart. The weapons are amazing. The statistics (speed and damage) really make a difference between being able to injure an enemy NPC after a counterattack or not. I got the DLC version so I got the amazing Flying Machine. What a great time waster and mission! The game is still gorgeous in 2013 so don't worry about graphics. The missions are very good, and there are a TON of side missions. Most gamers won't want to beat up 40 cheating husbands, IMO. The plot is good, but the end was weird. The Conspirators graph is VERY useful. The DNA and Animus are very interesting concepts that they implemented into this game. There were some parts of the game I found to be very frustrating and stupid, like the race in the beginning, the Capture the Flag during Carnavale, the Merchant Lieutenant mission, and the mission where you practice blending with the crowd. My only advice is don't run into people with boxes!! The guards can end missions easily when they aren't supposed to (stealing ribbons). The combat system is great. The blades, gun, poison blade, smoke bombs and butcher knife are my favorite weapons. Did I mention there is a free-combat arena in one of the towns? You can turn parts of the HUD off for awesome screenshots too. Awesome! Expand
  38. Jun 8, 2013
    Despite eventually completing the original Assassins Creed game I did find it a difficult game to enjoy. Having heard that this sequel was an improvement however I decided to pick it up having spotted it in the bargain bin of my local video game store. The ability to fast travel and more variety in the missions are certainly welcome additions but many of the same issues, such as boring sidequests and the overall slow pace, meant that yet again I just couldn’t find any real enjoyment in the game. Expand
  39. Jun 7, 2013
    I scored this game an 8.

I did so because like AC1 this game has an excellent storyline, and thoroughly interesting universe to play in and learn about. Ezio is also a much more fleshed out and interesting character than Altair in AC1. Another thing the writers did fantastically in this game is humour which is exceedingly hard to write you know and it made me laugh out loud many times
    while playing.
    This earns it the extra point I gave it over AC1.

Unfortunately while the game play is improved in places as fighting is no longer as difficult or annoying to engage in it still remains exceedingly frustrating and is literally something you suffer through for the dialogue, universe, and storyline. I know again it makes sense given who Ezio is (he is more the warrior archetype compared with Altair's rogue and being that he mows through enemies because of that makes sense) but it is still a pain.

Again like AC1, if you haven't bought it. Do so. You won't regret it.
  40. May 29, 2013
    This game uses the same formula as the first Assassin's Creed but make drastic improvements. Number 1.) The characters are all done a lot better and there is a lot more depth to Ezio, the character you play as, than you had for Altair. Number 2.) The combat was more refined and less tedious. When you got into fights with guards and such, it was a lot more fun than the first Assassin's Creed because it was far more polished and just easier to use. Number 3.) The Campaign is about 10 hours longer and there are a few other mini games you can do to increase its replay value, so with that being said, I have to give it a better score than usual, but my biggest problem with the game is how too polished the combat is. There are a lot of times where you have to take on swarms of guards and it doesn't really feel like Assassin's Creed anymore when you do. I liked the first one because if you got attacked by a swarm of guards, you usually didn't want to stick around. Granted there were a few times where you were forced to fight, it happened rarely and paced the game well. In AC2 there's just so much fighting it doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed anymore. Warrior's Creed maybe, but not Assassin's Creed. It's still a great game, just a bit misguided. Expand
  41. May 13, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 1 was such a s**t game and really had no fun with it. Assassin's Creed 2 on the other hand improve with everything about the game in my opinion, the best sequel comeback in gaming! Ezio was a awesome chracter and was way better then Altar. Story is beautiful and very gripping. Gameplay has improved. Side missions are great and no doing the exact same thing here(unlike the first game)! Overall a brilliant game and Ubisoft will never make another assassins creed like this again! Assassin's Creed 2 9.5/10 Expand
  42. May 7, 2013
    For me, the game improved in every possible way from AC1 (of course ,the first game only includes climbing up and jumping down). what good about this game is the city design, it is a true masterpiece, yeah, i like climbing up and jumping down in Venice, Florzi....
  43. Apr 25, 2013
    great game epic story. but afterward there not to much to do. the game combat is pretty legit with plenty of weapon other good thing of that nature. Leap of Faith is a neat idea.
  44. Apr 21, 2013
    It's really cool conceptually, and the gameplay is awesome too. But it can feel a tad messy at times, and somewhat repetitive. The good does outweigh the bad, and the result is a maddeningly addictive game with a great story to tell.
  45. Apr 21, 2013
    A pretty fun open world game, that captures the look and feel of the Italian rennaisance period amazingly. It really has an amazing atmosphere as you walk around the streets of Florence and Venice, not to mention the awesome aerial views from the top of towers dotted throughout the game. The gameplay itself is also fun, with fairly easy controls, climbing abilities and fight capabilties. Actually, if anything the fighting in this game is way too easy....never once did I ever worry about dying, because it was pretty simple to block and counter attack most enemies. This is one part of the game which I thought could have been done better. But the rest was well designed, including fast travel, climbing, running etc. The puzzles throughout the game also balance between fun and difficult very well, and there wasn't too many times when it was impossible to solve. I would probably say the game was a little bit too long as well, as by the end of it, I felt like I had started to repeat missions and there weren't too many more unique challenges. The final "boss" scene was also way too easy and I felt was an anti-climax (even despite the strange ending sequence) for all the build up and fun I had had playing the game up until that point. Still a great game though, and has aged pretty well. Expand
  46. Apr 11, 2013
    Even though the first game was the best thing since halo combat evolved and 3 was a- no pun intended-"revelation", the second game was the absolute best game I had played for the Xbox 360. the sequels were good, but nothing came close to the story, gameplay, replay-ability, sidequests and overall nearly perfect balance assassin's creed II brought to the table. not to mention the greatest soundtrack and characters that got more and more interesting as the game and story unfolded. needless to say this game kept me glued to the screen for hours on end and i hope playing brotherhood gives me as much excitement and play time AC2 did. nothing is true. everything is permitted. we work in the dark to serve the light. we are assassins. Expand
  47. Apr 5, 2013
    I love all of the Assassins creed games but Assassins Creed 2 is easily my favourite...in the sequel we are introduced to Ezio who is a lot if people's favourite character and had more personality than anyone in the assassins creed games, here we see Ezio go from baby to young adult and we see how much the story writing has improved in this as Ubisoft do a great job of showing Ezio turn into a much more mature adult as he he gets more experienced if being an assassin....the landscape is much bigger and also taller buildings to climb which are always fun...more interesting side characters are introduced...the amazing double hidden blades are introduced and are fantastic...but my one little gripe with this game is that the combat is too easy and doesn't do too well in using the stealth mechanics because you are just too much of a tank and can easily take out a huge group of guards...but all in all, the story is great, the characters are great, the setting is great, much more variety in levels like he introduction of the glider, and also very handy game for anyone wanting to boost there gamerscore as this game gives achievements out like crazy...this is a deffinite must buy in the Assassins Creed series Expand
  48. Mar 2, 2013
    The second AC game, is it good or bad? AC2 has to be the second best AC game in the series, it's better than AC1 but not better than AC: Brotherhood in my opinion. AC2 has amazing graphics especially on the PC, the singleplayer campaign is a great written story, and characters, especially Ezio, who is also my favourite Assassin in the series. But there is a bad thing as well it's glitches and bugs. Still AC2 is a brilliant game, 8/10. Expand
  49. Feb 26, 2013
    It is easy to fall in love with Italy and "Assassin's Creed 2". Comparing to the first game, sequel provides you with much action, interactive cutscenes, improved graphics that helps to get into Renaissance Italy more than I could imagine and helps to see more of the human side of game characters. Ezio, who is the protagonist in "Assassin's Creed 2", is believable character who will keep minds of gamers for couple of years in game's sequels. Combat was not a strong side of first game in my opinion, but it was improved this time. Game also provided dozen of new weapons and basics for improving cities, buying pictures and other stuff that I didn't find interesting. Also there was flying section in the game, that rarely but significantly added something fresh to the gameplay. Getting some action outside of animus was also a good addition. Chasing sequence was the thing that let me forget about some game's flaws.
    Unfortunatelly there were few. Two big episodes in the game were cut and later sold separately as DLC content. Although game's story was much better comparing to the original game, yet it was diffcult to follow and get everything that was happening. These two missing episodes just made me angry, because the next episode to follow was the final one.
    But the worst thing was that to start the final episode you had to visit main cities and collect feathers that were shown on the minimap. Ok, what a hell? I have no idea, whose "bright" idea that was but I felt like I was wasting time and not having fun. So I decided just to watch the walkthrough of missing episodes and the final chapter on youtube.
    Yet I must say, that all changes made the game better. Yes, it was not perfect, and having played half of the game it was easy to get bored of the story but yet it was better than the original game, and main improvements were soon to come in the following sequels.
  50. Feb 21, 2013
    It's an interesting concept with some good level design and visuals, but the plot never really took off with me. I'm not going to say it was bad, but it was a boring game at times and the combat wasn't as smooth as it could have been. It's a 6.8 in my books, but I had to round up to 7.
  51. Feb 19, 2013
    Definitely an advancement from the last game, it may have a long story but that is what makes you want to keep playing it, this new style of assassins made me want to keep playing Assassin's Creed and enjoy the new man in robes
  52. Feb 8, 2013
    A near perfect game. The only small flaw in the game is that after you get used to the combat it gets a bit easy (especially if you have Altair's sword), but this flaw is not enough to ruin the experience of the game IMO. Lots of side-quests and collectibles, great story and characters. I'm still playing it to this day. If you want a challenge in combat, fight a group of Brutes with only your fists, great fun and very satisfying if you win. Its also fun to fight with a sweeping brush. Great game, only €15 on XBL. In my Top 5 games of all time. Expand
  53. Jan 11, 2013
    I just can't love more this game, it's perfect. I loved first part of the series but this one is perfected. Ezio is the best character they could developed after great Altair. The story is interesting and intriguing, while the action is amazing, all the missions are great to play, the interaction between Ezio an Leonardo is magical and I also could see a deeper and powerful personality of Ezio, with more conviction, more ideas, he's always learning too the same time the player understands the core of the storyline. It's excellent, I recommend this without a doubt. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2012
    A much better and enjoyable game than Assassin's Creed I. Lots main and side mission to do and lots new weapon. The combat is still repetitive boring with counterattack animation and occasionally disarming enemy's weapon. Camera angle is annoying and the game economy is a major failure, and finally the game ending is ridiculous.
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is a great second edition of this series. Many changes were made to make the game more fun and the plot is more interesting. Overall a much better game than the first, still has room to improve though.
  56. Nov 11, 2012
    This game is amazing. The level of detail is unbelievable. Great story, graphics and game play.

However I did not think that at first - I am not alone in having trouble very early on during a level called Sibling Rivalry - there is a race - but in fact all you have to do is run forwards and straight up the side of a building. Very easy when you know how.
  57. Nov 2, 2012
    Violent, fun and really enjoyable. Assassin's Creed II surpasses its predecessor with it's story and improved gameplay and still manages to provide some creativity in it as well.
  58. Oct 29, 2012
    Ubisoft Montreal have proved the naysayers and doubters wrong and delivered an organic and truly immersive story, a vibrant world full of colour and personality, and a ton of fun. Once you pick up the pad, you won
  59. Oct 29, 2012
    In my eyes, the best Assassin's Creed game that has been created. Glitches are minimum, and you deal with such little lag. Ezio Auditore is indeed one of the best characters to ever play as, his back story is such cleverly made, and a lot of sympathy is given to him because of all the problems he faces. The graphics are amazing, and the plot actually fits into Italian history. This is one of Ubisoft's best games they have created, and is a credit to the gaming world. Expand
  60. Oct 13, 2012
    Graphics are a problem, but this game is an instant classic. Great challenging story, fun free play around venice and/or florence, and overall a great game. I hope AC III is like this one, not like revelations.
  61. Aug 25, 2012
    While people may say the original was a glorified tech demo, it at least brought something new to the table. This sequel suffers the same problem I never had with the original: pointless tasks leading up to the assassination. At least in the first game Altiar didn't take 5 year breaks in between killing people. Story wise this game keeps you interested throughout, but it's missions are still padding. The environments are overall well made, but getting around is still as much a pain as it was last game. The economy system is interesting, but it's really just padding that could be made more enjoyable through an experience system. Expand
  62. Aug 8, 2012
    Bioware took the greatness that was Assassin's Creed and created an epic second edition to the series, the new characters, the new story, it took Assassin's Creed to new heights, and it is a very memorable game.
  63. Jul 31, 2012
    I'm sorry but what a game this is its one of my favourite games iv'e ever played the story is good and the game play is excellent and i couldn't stop playing until the next game(which was incredibly disappointing) this game was very fun to play and the different weapons and places to explore was endless great game to play definitely a must buy!!

Story-9/10 Music-10/10 game play-9/10
    Overall-9/10 Expand
  64. Jul 24, 2012
    Any score below a 7 is absolutely asinine. The improvement is so substantial from the first that I wondered if this was even made by the same company. The environments are awesome, story is epic, main character really grows on you, and stealth kills have never been so much fun. This is tied for one of my favorite games this gen. So far, it blows the other AC games out of the water. Calling it a GTA clone is absolutely absurd and one critic review said that they were promised so much more. Are you on crystal meth? Expand
  65. Jul 17, 2012
    What an addictive game. I played through this entirely over a three-day period. The combat is fun and challenging, the graphics are beautiful, and--let's face it--who DOESN'T want to be a badass assassin in Florence Italy during the Renaissance? The sci-fi part of the story is a bit confusing and detracted a bit from the rest of the game for me, but fortunately you spend little time in this aspect of the story. There were some other parts of the story that were kind of goofy, but the conclusion of this game is incredibly well-done. If you are looking for fun action and buckets of blood, this is a good one. Expand
  66. May 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 2 is epic! The story is epic, gameplay is epic and graphics are epic. This game is a worth playing. The best part is that the world in AC2 is so huge, that you will be impressed by it. And It's a perfect action adventure game. (9.9)
  67. Apr 20, 2012
    What makes AC2 so great is the fact how big it improved upon the first game: Better more interesting storyline, Improved and fast paced gameplay with lots of side quests rather than the main storyline, Likeable characters with excellent voice acting and great visuals, the ONLY downside i have with the game is the fact that the facial visuals are not the best other than that AC2 is my most Favorite game of this generation and possibly of all times!

Visuals - 90/100
    Gameplay - 100/100
    Sound - 100/100
    Story - 100/100
  68. Mar 30, 2012
    This game is so good in all aspects. Every aspect of the game has been so well cared, and offers a lot of improvements from the previous game. The only bad point in my oppinion are the DLC content that obviously was cut from the original release, expensive and without achievements.
  69. Mar 20, 2012
    Though not a fan of the first game, I gave this a try because a few friends recommended it highly. I found,, as with the first AC, it was highly repetitive and overall a lackluster experience. It kept some of the great mechanics, but lacked to improve in some of the areas I feel made the first one a chore to trudge through. Overall, I would recommend a demo or a rent, and if its your thing, cool. But personally I cannot get into the series, and could not advise a purchase Expand
  70. Feb 22, 2012
    easily the best game of the series (excluding revelations as i have not played that yet) the first game only impressed me so much as it was the first game i owned on ps3 but looking back now the story wasnt so good! this time though they got it so right with what i believe to be one of the greatest endings in a game yet! top notch play this and dont bother with brotherhood!
  71. Feb 6, 2012
    I loved the first game, this increases on every level. Although I miss Altiar we get an amazing character that is funny and interesting. Better characters, better graphics and a city to renovate and armor upgrades, and so much more. I think is is the way sequels should be done. The NPCs are great still, you can swim and drive boats now, NPCs carry out on normal tasks like, driving boats, playing gutiar, and more, the citys are again detailed and awesome (my favorite is Vience) Best AC (I still think this even in 2012) Expand
  72. Jan 13, 2012
    I liked it a lot better then the first game. However it still suffered from similar problems that the first game had - Insanely repetitive mission objectives and no replay value. An enjoyable game but it has flaws.
  73. Jan 6, 2012
    The setting is really what makes the game. Tromping through renaissance italy was a blast. Some of the gameplay can get a little repetitive but the scope, and story were both very impressive.
  74. Dec 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I felt like the game had okay graphics, not enough of a free fight like bman arkham city, glitches left and right, it also bugged me that when enemies died, they did a body jump, they like twitched or something, but still, its fun for how sneaky you can be, the details are spot on, and the more detailed costumes made it worth its price Expand
  75. Nov 21, 2011
    This game was awesome, it has a great story but doesn't get stuck with too much story telling either. Some games can get away with a ton of story telling but it was a good choice with this one to tell the story but not to get away from the action too much. Nice controls for free run and fighting has improved dramatically from the first game. I think some of the optional tasks at the end get repetitive partly because they don't have an impact on the game. They do serve their purpose though in giving you more too do during the game and not just having to stick with the main mission, side quests are important. Graphics are very good and the detail of the cities is well done. Expand
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    The first game disappointed me in its overly repetitive missions and quite simple combat. This was all corrected in Assassin's Creed II, with more innovative missions and combat styles being added. There were also major improvements to both characters and storyline, which really impressed me. The side missions added also provided an amazing past time to enjoy outside of the original missions. I have to say that the scenery wasn't as good as the last one, but only by a small portion, but beside that, this game corrected every fault I had with the previous game, and thus made this game a very enjoyable experience and sets the scene for an even better game next in the series. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2011
    The story is ludicrous. There is no stealth game play element, which one would expect with a game about assassins! I suppose by walking up (they will never hear you) behind a guard as opposed to running up behind him is about all you can do in that respect. If a guard spots you in a restricted area, he will shout at you saying, "Hey, get down! You aren't supposed to be here!" This occurs in a restricted area, where the man you are trying to kill is paranoid of assassination. You'd think his guards would understand this, and act as such. But no, all you have to do is comply with the guards demand. And by comply I mean walk out of line of sight for a second and the guard will actually say to himself, "Where did he go?" followed by an "Oh well," or something to that effect. Its actually kind of funny. In general, the game has obscenely ridiculous and unrealistic (in ALL aspects) game play. It was very fun though... Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    After testing the marketing waters with the first game, Ubisoft pulls no punches with this installment. The combat system breaks the mold of third person interaction and the building-scaling, roof-hopping travel set-up we all love is perfected. Expect this franchise for years to come.
  79. Nov 8, 2011
    A step up from the original in every possible way. Whereas ACI was a short, repetitive experience with only slight scrapings at any kind of tangible story, ACII is lengthy (20hrs for main story), varied, your character is heavily customisable and the number of ways in which you can play the game are multiplied vastly, and the story gets kicked up about ten notches, to the point where I finish wanting nothing but more Assassin's Creed. The art style is unique and beautiful, with every city having its own lively flare and a vastly greater size than your average open-worlder. The soundtrack is freaking amazing to the point where i found myself ceasing gameplay for minutes on end just to listen to the music, beautiful, inspiring and a real treat to listen to. The side missions are fun and the collectible items have been reduced to a sensible 100 (feathers), as opposed to the multitude of flags to collect in the original, however, you can only tell how many feather are left in each city, which means that if i've found 19/20 feathers in Florence (idk the actual amount of feathers, i'm just stating an example), there's nothing I can do but to scour the entire huge **** city to find that one **** feather, but the beauty of the cities easily detract from this, and I guarantee that searching for all 100 feathers isn't a task you'll tire of easily. The ending leaves a lot of questions answered and a lot more unanswered, leaving you waiting in anticipation for the next game (Brotherhood, which you'll find i've reviewed also). Overall, ACII slots itself snugly into my top 5 games of all time---Happy murdering :D Expand
  80. Oct 14, 2011
    Seriously over hyped, the gameplay quickly becomes repetitive and the story is not good enough to keep the player grinding on through the missions which all amount to the same thing and get boring very quickly. The problem is trying to be an assassin in daylight (mostly), you can climb like the prince of persia but things become fiddley in combat. At first I enjoyed this game but I got bored of it quickly, I feel it is very overrated with an over emphasis on being able to explore the world and climb everywhere etc which in effect is what prince of persia was but in my opinion prince of persia on the PS2 was a better game than this. Expand
  81. Oct 10, 2011
    Huge, huge, huge improvement over the first Assassin's Creed. Unlike the first one, 2 is far more varied and more fun. The open world free running platforming has more meaning to it than just being a "get from a to b" task as there is more to do than just assassinating people and the story is much, much better with more character interactions than the first. Ezio Auditore is a far better assassin than Altair from the first game because he's more explored than Altair. Overall, Assassin's Creed 2 is a complete revelation from Assassin's Creed, which I thought was really mediocre. Expand
  82. Sep 16, 2011
    Assassin's Creed II is just a superb and amazing game which improves upon its predecessor in almost every way adding a longer and a more in depth story, a larger map and more weapons, equipment and special abilities. This game provides an amazing ancient setting capturing the feel of that time and showing how the people used to live their lives back in the day and how much corruption and politics existed during that ancient time. The game's story is very deep and interesting it is divided into two parts one is about Desmond and the Assassin's planning to fight against the Abstergo corparation as they are losing the war against them which they are fighting for the sake of a freedom of the people and they want to teach Ezio the way of the Assassin's rhrough the memories of his Assassin's Ancestors and find out about the secrets in the ancient time. The second story follows the life of Ezio Auditore (Desmond's ancestor) and his family that became a part of politics and corruption which leads to Ezio becoming an Assassins and getting revenge and waging in war against the Borgia and the templars who are planning to take over the entire Italy. Both the stories are very well told and deep. The game is a mix of hack and slash and stealth elements and as the player progresses more and more he gets more weapons, armor and abilities there are alot of cool and fun ways to assassinate people and the addition of Guns, Flying machine and Smoke Bombs may put some people off as may not be perfect for the setting they add to the game and make the gameplay more fun and diverse also the player can hire courtesans or thugs to distracts guards and walk through them or assassinnate them. There is alot of side stuff in the game there are beat them up events, races, courier deliveries and every one's favorite Assassination Contracts and the game also has the Assassination Tomb missions which are a homage to the original Prince of Persia sands of time series another Ubisoft series for last gen consoles they have been implemented really well. The game also just looks great the character models look good but they can look a little stiff at times but they are still detailed well. The environments are just breath taking they look super realistic and awesome. The animations of assassinations are also fantastic. The voice acting brilliant even when they speak Italian and the music is just excellent and suits the environments. However I still feel some missions of the game were a lost opportunity as some missions in the game were just too short and not that interesting and the controls may take a while to get used to and will cause some problems. And the people who are looking for a challenging game may be put off by the fact that the game could be too easy at times apart from a few missions which are actually more annoying than hard. Overall AC II is not a game it is a true piece of art, a masterpiece If you haven't played it yet you don't know what you are missing. 9.5/10. Expand
  83. Sep 10, 2011
    Assassins creed was a great game and one would think, living up to it might be a big deal but Ubisoft did pull out all stops to come up with a great story, music and amazing game play in all new environments while addressing issues such as the drudgery of repeated game play.
  84. Aug 23, 2011
    Although it wasn't the sequel I was expecting, Assassin's Creed 2 as an amazing game, with beautiful visuals, excellent voice acting, great game play, and great story telling.
  85. Aug 6, 2011
    Where to start with this piece of **** The horrible graphics, the horrible controls, the horrible AI, the horrible fighting, or the texture popping?

I guess the controls. This game has horrible controls. If you like going faster than 2 miles an hour, prepare to have your character jump 20 miles off a building for no reason. Prepare to have your character jump onto a wall for no reason.
    It's called a JUMP button, Ubisoft. Would have made this game decent. The graphics are absolute **** And what's worse, there's constant texture popping! You could stand still, and the textures at your feet would pop! The AI is horrible not allowing for a stealthy approach "This guy has no friends, he must be the assassin!" also, the AI has eyes on the back of their head. You could walk up to a guy as slow as possible, and he would start running away. Do not get this game. It is the worst game I have ever played. The mere sight of it makes me want to puke. Expand
  86. Jul 26, 2011
    The game is great, praise the graphics, but not much the gameplay. Although their are new assassin's moves you can do, it's really harder to keep up from dying and desychronizing.

Ezio Auditore ain't much of a character. Altair is way better because gamers loves a character more mysterious and ambush predator like. Ezio is more of a kid, clumsy, unwitting and immature.
  87. Jul 16, 2011
    Never got the chance too play the first Assassins Creed game's but as far as i can tell is over the top. Getting the chance to jump from a rooftop is always a hobby to do. The story is well written and a n important factor in it. Gameplay sometimes is unresponsive,tho, thats a minor flaw. Innovative game .
  88. Jul 13, 2011
    It's a good action game. But don't go into it expecting much. It is definitely improved over the first game, for sure (except barring the story) but it is hindered by a horrible camera system and lack of imagination. You are no more an assassin than Duke Nukem, something that is corrected I hope, by the time this series reaches the modern era.

It's laughable, because there are points in
    the game where Ezio, a master "assassin" is told by lowly chums how to be more stealthy, and the guy wants to run into palaces like Rambo and kill his targets. Really? There's no stealth to this game, no finesse. The way guards detect you is poor. The game is thus, at times, boringly easy, and unfairly hard (there are certain missions where you must not alert guards, even if you kill the immediately after alerting them, forcing you to restart over and over), especially when the 'context camera' comes into play - there are certain timed platforming sections where, I would rather have Tomb Raider I's camera system than ASII's. It's like Ubisoft hasn't learned from over twenty years of 3d platforming. I don't intend to purchase any more of this series, I've been burnt out by this awful mess (22 hr complete time too, which is kind of short for a single player action game). Expand
  89. Jun 17, 2011
    This is one of the most amazing games I've ever played, ever. They really improved the shortcomings that were present in the first game. This is just an outstanding game that I believe that everyone should at least rent if they haven't played it yet.
  90. Jun 17, 2011
    What can I say. A major mark up from the first Assassin's Creed outing. The graphics are better, the combat is better, the locations are better, the missions are not as linear but definitely better. The addition of a money system really works well but in my mind the overall game length is too long considering the reason I bought AC2 was to explore. On that matter, the environments are huge yet at times too small due to in the beginning parts been sectioned off. The difficulty was the only issue. Too hard? No way it was far too easy. The feathers are also a good edition with all 100 feathers unlocking a cape and the last 2 achievements for me. That however I have yet to overcome. A great game for anyone who likes to roam around or who likes combat. Expand
  91. May 9, 2011
    This is definately an improvment over the first game.It is less repetative,with a little more variety,& have built on the already great combat system,but the developers are still insisting on keeping the pretentious & unnesasary Animus & Desmond parts of the game!... This really kills thewhole game for me personally,& i actually prefered the character & setting in the first game,but it is a better game technically,hence the higher marks,but said Animus/Desmond fiasco keeps the score low.Drop all that rubbish,& just set it all in the historical setting,for crying out loud! I cant say it clearer than that.. Expand
  92. May 7, 2011
    Great gameplay and storyline but, it has the some of the worst, not to mention most complicated controls I have ever expeienced in any Xbox 360 video game!
  93. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = A Scale and ambition of this game stands out so much when playing through it. It's such a unique idea which allows for a broad opening of unique gameplay and narrative as well.
  94. Apr 24, 2011
    I enjoyed the first game in the series, and I enjoyed most of this one. But about two thirds in I just wanted it to end, it became a chore. Perhaps this was because I didn't really sympathise with Ezio but the missions seemed to me a wasted opportunity. They crafted this beautifully, intrinsically detailed world with varied locations but the gameplay, while interesting at first with Da Vinci's inventions, became tedious and the ending was a complete mystery to me, especially with the arduous task of collecting some sort of video sequence which seemed to have nothing to do with the game. I got 30 hours out of this game, and the first 20 or so were enjoyable with improvements over the first game in many areas, but I preferred the setting of the other game. 2/5. Expand
  95. Apr 12, 2011
    Assassin's Creed II completed the structure the first series entry fell short of. And what a brilliant structure it is. The graphics are vastly changed, and improved - new, higher resolution textures are plentiful, cities more detailed, and motion blur less intrusive. The gameplay has been tweaked to good effect, with far more weapons, armour, and decorative capes around. You even get to go into the world of real estate not too long after the games start. Combat is more rewarding this time around, with dodging made possible, and combos more deadly. One of the few things people might consider a flaw would be the endless amount of content here. Although, after getting 1000/1000, which means doing pretty much... everything... can't complain. Some long, repetitive platforming elements pop up here and there in gameplay, but Ubisoft have tried to improve them. It's a very strong, beautiful world from Ubisoft. Highly recommended. Expand
  96. Mar 18, 2011
    This game is pretty fun and has a very interesting story. I love the way the game plays, from the fighting, to the climbing, to the running. I loved the sword fights. The controls are perfect as well. My only complaints are that it wasn't hard enough and I would have liked a longer story. If I was still a kid, I would be Altair for Halloween.
  97. Feb 26, 2011
    I felt that the play control in AC1 was not that good, and since I was only renting it, I didn't finish it. I gave Assassin's Creed 2 a shot and loved it! They made great improvements from the first game. Awesome visuals, great story, and the main story arc with Desmond is really cool.
  98. Jan 31, 2011
    **** the people who say that "the graphics are worse" or "THE ONLY REASON I LIKE THIS GAME IS BECAUSE OF THE GRAPHICS" since when does graphics make the game? The graphics are good for assassins creed 2. Its an amazing game in almost every aspect. I think the stories great, and how can there be "too much" in the game? Its like saying "I have all this money, But i dont want THAT much". This game is great and i stayed up through all hours of the night playing this. They fixed the repetitiveness alot. Every mission is fun to play, and the story is really good. If you havent played 1, its ok, you didnt really miss much and they do a good job at explaining the story in the beginning. GET THIS GAME Expand
  99. Dec 15, 2010
    Music: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Replay Value: 7/10
    Achievements: 9/10
    (+2 point = Ezio, Terrific Character)
    (+2 point = WTF Ending)
    Total = 87.5/90
    Rating = 9.72/10 Result: Breathtaking Experience. Game of the Year. The Best Sequel Ever. Must-Play before you die.
  100. Nov 28, 2010
    Wow, what a great game. I have almost completed everything and am looking forward to Brotherhood. Hope that is good to, so whatever you do, do not listen to people saying this game sucks, because this game is by far one of the best out there for graphics, action and overall fun.
  101. Feb 22, 2012

1. The first Assassin's Creed's charm was in the sumptuous graphics and straightforward action - that incredible climbing and free-running, and the visceral thrill of stapling evil people to the dirt with a wristblade. With AC2 the rest of the game has caught up with the brilliance of those central ideas to create a complete and coherent experience. We can think of plenty of words that could describe Assassin's Creed 2 - involving, exciting, cinematic - but there's only one word that sums it up beautifully. Killer. [Dec 2009, p.74]
  2. Assassin's Creed 2 is miles away form the first chapter. It's a whole new game, different in many aspects. The main quest is involving and nice to play, and the number of side mission and extra activities is impressive (and all of them are fun to play). The setting is peculiar and unique, and the panoramic views are sharp and, somehow, magic.
  3. Assassin's Creed II delivers a great story driven experience. Solving most of the problems of its predecessor, this accomplished sequel offers compelling action, beautiful environments and a great plethora of well written characters. A must have for every action-adventure fan with a taste for history, and one of the best games of this fall.