Assassin's Creed III Xbox 360

6.8

1. Dec 28, 2013
    The single player makes you feel exactly like you are actually in the colonies. The mechanics in the gameplay were next to flawless and what was even better is the naval combat. The graphics were great and the A.I needed a tiny bit more work but still it was great. The only bad thing is the multiplayer was greatly uninspired and nobody likes the Desmond part. Overall, great game.
  2. Mar 7, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the badAssassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the bad habit of giving you excellent missions, with grandeur aesthetics and a palpable sense of scale, right before giving you tedious missions where one misstep triggers an instant failure. Connor is also an emotionless bore, really anchoring the sense of attachment which made Ezio so lovable and endearing. Assassins Creed 3 is a great sequel in a franchise filled with great games. But this isn't the AC we expected, for every brilliant mission comes a handful of truly rote and unfair ones. Luckily AC3 at its best provide some of the greatest moments in the franchise. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a great time-step forward for the franchise. It brings new characters, familiar moments of American history, sea combat, family rivalry, and the other typical AC franchise elements under one roof. This makes the game more vast and complex than ever before. Sometimes, the complexity betrays itself. I never felt like I totally understood the crafting system wellAssassin's Creed 3 is a great time-step forward for the franchise. It brings new characters, familiar moments of American history, sea combat, family rivalry, and the other typical AC franchise elements under one roof. This makes the game more vast and complex than ever before. Sometimes, the complexity betrays itself. I never felt like I totally understood the crafting system well enough before taking to the internet to get some more info from other players that had spent more time with it. The graphics are the best of the franchise on consoles and runs noticeably smoother than previous entries. While the awesome addition of assassin brethren from Brotherhood is still around, it felt way more sidelined and unnecessary to invest in. Other than that, you could make the case that this is the best foot forward AC has made since AC2 and was well worth my time. If I could make one gripe: the free-running mechanics are both improved and broken at the same time. Numerous times I would make leaps or climbs that I wasn't intending to make. On top of that, the British Artificial Intelligence were at times buggy and would detect me while Incognito and just walking down the street. These bits occasionally disrupted the game so harshly that it became frustrating and nearly inexcusable. The good news is that these experiences, while rough and disruptive, weren't too common and seemed to be non issues during most of the main story missions. Expand
  4. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really loved the WTF! moments in the storyline. These moments remain unsurpassed by any such moments in the original games, apart from maybe the ending to AC1 which everyone kinda saw coming anyway. The Haytham stuff was very well done, and the conclusion to that relationship with Connor seemed both inevitable and tragic.

The graphics are an obvious improvement on the previous games. I know this as I completed AC: Revelations and then went straight on to AC3. Character models are great and there is real depth. However, there have been buggy moments throughout and I have to wonder if the current-gen is being pushed to its absolute limit, or if we have some lazy debugging?

I felt like this was a very linear AC game. That I was being led towards the next mission and that any side-quests (and other stuff) was all there as filler. There seems to be very scant reward for doing many of the side-missions and, often, they would just get in the way. This is odd to me as I have always made an effort to 100% these games in the past here, I just don't care and can't be arsed. Maybe I'm Assassins Creed-ed out? After playing two games consecutively?

Connor is very dull, bless him. I suppose I warmed to him in the end, particularly with the Haytham stuff and the DLC, but when pitched against the mighty Ezio, he is just a sullen boy with confusing morals. I'd have much rather played the whole game with Haytham!

The whole currency system seems completely broken and money is at a real premium. In the crucible of the New World where there were many fortunes to be made, this seems to be at odds with the timeline. There is no chance of making enough money to buy items and upgrades from your usual activities and missions. So now we move to hunting (not much to be had there) and the very broken trading system. Which is not explained well enough. And in the era of paperless manuals "it's on the disc" things need to be explained really well, people! As did the new assassins guild(?) system which also felt very broken when compared to the silky, seamless offering in Ezio's world.

I hate climbing trees. I used to love climbing trees as a lad, but not in this game. In fact, I reckon that I could have scaled some of the trees myself faster than Connor's utterly ridiculous jumping around on the spot, or to his death antics that I have often experienced. User error, you might ask? Possibly. But the trigger system of free running often leads Connor to take short breaks to catch his breath so you feel it necessary to push the jump button and then, a few seconds later, find yourself to be bear chow with 97% percent of your bones shattered on an unforgiving frontier ground.

And bears? WTF? There seems to be one place in the frontier where bears must be respawning cos I killed 6 or 7 of the bastards before I legged it! Did I stumble on Beartown?

Guns are annoying. It takes away the fluidity from combat that we were able to demonstrate with Altair and Ezio and makes everything too busy for me. Also, is it just me, or are half of the British army in one borough of Boston or New York at any one time? No wonder the British lost the war it's because seven batallions were busy chasing some native kid around the streets of Boston! It seems to become quite unfair too quickly. And given that stealth is often a near-impossible option, the game can become quickly frustrating.

Desmond. To paraphrase another scribe, "What the f*ck was that all about?" Given that it was a completely unsatisfactory journey, I suppose that it was inevitable that it would be a completely unsatisfactory ending! I didn't mind the modern-day stuff. I actually found jumping around skyscrapers, Abstergo and UFC PPVs a nice distraction from Connor's dull life. And it was nice to see Desmond being quite bad-ass. But the backstory between the Templars and Assassins now seems likely to be shelved for an altogther more supernatural, sci-fi, whatever paint-by-numbers plot in future ACs. The Templars vs Assassins plot was fine for me I didn't really care where these items came from (e.g. Apple of Eden) just that they were powerful, important, and progressed the storyline.

And Lucy is dead. Well I'll never get back all those hours in AC1 that I spent chatting her up then! And BTW, that spoiler was given out by the production team at last year's Eurogamer when they started their demo with "Yes! Lucy IS dead!" Spoilers, people! The fact that it took place in some crappy Minecraft crossover DLC is a real slap in the face for such a major character in the modern plot. Not good. And the same production team from Ubisoft proudly presented the tree climbing stuff at Eurogamer. I should have seen that coming.

In conclusion, I found AC3 to be frustrating and pleasurable in fairly equal amounts. Too linear in places. Broken side-quests. Fiddly. But good characters. A beautiful world to play in. Ship battles were VERY good fun, which bodes well for AC4. Liked the stories.
  5. Nov 12, 2014
    Amazing game. I don't see how anyone could dispute that statement. I'd never played an AC game before this but can now appreciate it's standing as one of the best modern game series. Technically it's pretty mindblowing what Ubi have been able to achieve on aging console hardware. It's obscenely detailed and captivating on many levels: period atmosphere, freedom of movement, intricate storyAmazing game. I don't see how anyone could dispute that statement. I'd never played an AC game before this but can now appreciate it's standing as one of the best modern game series. Technically it's pretty mindblowing what Ubi have been able to achieve on aging console hardware. It's obscenely detailed and captivating on many levels: period atmosphere, freedom of movement, intricate story and massive gameworld. My personal favorite element were the naval battles ..just stunning. Ubisoft have set the bar crazy high with this. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a very well made game with minor issues. The story is engaging and strongly acted. The game's open world is large and split up into New York, Boston, and the Frontier but after finishing the main story there is not a lot of replay value aside from a few side missions and miscellaneous quests. The game play is fluid, but isn't very challenging and has a few cameraAssassin's Creed 3 is a very well made game with minor issues. The story is engaging and strongly acted. The game's open world is large and split up into New York, Boston, and the Frontier but after finishing the main story there is not a lot of replay value aside from a few side missions and miscellaneous quests. The game play is fluid, but isn't very challenging and has a few camera angle bugs here and there. No spoilers, but the climax of the campaign drags on and then ends abruptly, so I have mixed feelings about it. The visuals are excellent and really immerse you into colonial North America. AC3 will please long-time fans for the most part, but may or may not win over newcomers and skeptics Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III is a thoroughly enjoyable game. I really enjoyed the American Revolution setting and the brand new game engine performs fantastically. The new series assassin, Connor has a very brutal and fast paced combat style utilizing a host of new weapons. A favorite of mine is the rope dart which can wrap around the necks of enemies allowing you to pull them down or even hangAssassin's Creed III is a thoroughly enjoyable game. I really enjoyed the American Revolution setting and the brand new game engine performs fantastically. The new series assassin, Connor has a very brutal and fast paced combat style utilizing a host of new weapons. A favorite of mine is the rope dart which can wrap around the necks of enemies allowing you to pull them down or even hang them from a tree. This title's world is also far more expansive and gives you more side missions and activities. Players get a Homestead now instead of a castle or fort and like in previous games it develops as the game progresses. The story starts off very slow but picks up with a nice little twist to get you engaged. It's very fun to participate in key events of the American Revolution including events like the Battle of Bunker Hill. Lamentably the story slows down at the end and the ending leaves a little to be desired. Overall this game is fantastic and should definitely be played! Expand
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    I've played through all the Assassin's Creed games and I own each one of them on my shelf. So let me just say that Assassin's Creed III got an awful lot of hype, and that's about a 55/45 divide in fault between Ubisoft and the internet. I'm not making excuses for the game, but any gamer knows that to hype a game almost always (except in rare cases like Skyrim) adds up to it letting peopleI've played through all the Assassin's Creed games and I own each one of them on my shelf. So let me just say that Assassin's Creed III got an awful lot of hype, and that's about a 55/45 divide in fault between Ubisoft and the internet. I'm not making excuses for the game, but any gamer knows that to hype a game almost always (except in rare cases like Skyrim) adds up to it letting people down.

Assassin's Creed III both does and doesn't do that. I have a little objectivity here because I actually started playing the AC series with III, then went back and played the others. Now, if you're comparing this to past AC games, it falls a little short, half because of hype, and half because of the actual game. The free-running system has been simplified to a point where I found it a little more boring than Brotherhood or Revelations, but that can be debated, and Boston/New York aren't nearly as fun to run around in as past cities (though the Frontier is definitely a success in that regard). What can't be debated is the glitches. I've hit no game-breaking ones like others, but there are a plethora of them and they really do detract from the game, which I think is mostly in part for this game having a very short development cycle with the new engine, and its a real pain. The combat system gets old and its rather predictable, since there are four types of enemies and you learn how to beat them in just a few minutes. The underground sucks, and is a drag to explore.

On the other hand, I can't speak higher of the storyline. Connor is a step into a new character design from Ubisoft where he is a vehicle to convey hurt, and unshaken conviction to his cause due to that hurt. He keeps his goal set: to ensure liberty for his people and for all, however he keeps questioning whether or not the side he's on is best for that. Many say that he's not likeable, and that's partially true, but he's not supposed to be likeable like Ezio was; he's supposed to be sympathy-worthy and a man you can root for. He's a vehicle to convey the story, the motive and the moral. And Connor's story is more compelling than ANY of the past Assassin's Creeds. I won't spoil it, but I have to give Ubisoft credit for making a very, very strong character.

The game is also stunningly beautiful. Its graphic leap from Revelations is far further than any of the past games in this series, with the amazing sites in the Frontier offering incredible vistages and Connor's home base looking more astounding than Masyaf, Ezio's hideout or any others. Naval combat, a new direction for this series, is a huge hit. It's simple, fun, doesn't get old even after a while, and offers you a great way to waste time. The soundtrack is brilliant, stunning and is only rivalled by Revelations' in this series.

In conclusion, if you go in expecting this game to blow you away after playing the previous games, you will be disappointed. Some of the mechanics lack, some completely fail, and a few have been improved. But if you have some objectivity and focus on its strengths in story and characters and the emotional investment it puts in its player, you will enjoy it immensely.
  9. Jun 23, 2015
    My favorite Assassin's Creed game in terms of story since it has so many emotional layers and thought provoking moments. The naval battles were a welcome adition to the gameplay, and playing as Connor is very empowering. The man is a human tank.
  10. Jan 16, 2013
    This is one of two retail games I looked forward to through out 2012, and the only one I got and played at launch. The story holds your interest up until the end where it slowed to a dull and or aggravating finish both inside the animus and outside it. While the final acts may be really slow, the acts leading up to it are very well made. The new fighting control feels fresh and requiresThis is one of two retail games I looked forward to through out 2012, and the only one I got and played at launch. The story holds your interest up until the end where it slowed to a dull and or aggravating finish both inside the animus and outside it. While the final acts may be really slow, the acts leading up to it are very well made. The new fighting control feels fresh and requires more thought than previous Creed entries to survive. 100%ing this game is tedious. Having to travel to every bar, shop, several side missions yourself is just annoying.

As or the multiplayer it held my interest long enough to get all the achievements but that is about it really. Wolfpack is fun but it gets boring quickly like any other horde mode.
  11. Mar 3, 2013
    Admito que AC III evoluiu bastante se comparado com AC Revelations, porém seus personagens não são tão memoráveis quanto os demais. O jogo não possui um vilão principal ou com maior destaque, e isso também vale para os secundários. Connor um personagem forte e habilidoso, mas sua personalidade fraca comparada seus antecessores. Os problemas de comandos são frequentes e irritantes,Admito que AC III evoluiu bastante se comparado com AC Revelations, porém seus personagens não são tão memoráveis quanto os demais. O jogo não possui um vilão principal ou com maior destaque, e isso também vale para os secundários. Connor um personagem forte e habilidoso, mas sua personalidade fraca comparada seus antecessores. Os problemas de comandos são frequentes e irritantes, embora a jogabilidade tenha melhorado. Expand
  12. Jan 31, 2014
    Another great installment. You have a vast a array of weapons the multiplayer is still awesome. Fans will love this game...............................
  13. Dec 28, 2012
    Before I go further, I just wanna say this game isn't an 8. It's just not a 9. It's more like an 8.5, or an 8.7 but for the sake of people who are on the fence, it'll be an 8. But enough of that: Assassin's Creed 3, in the series, is the best. It isn't the most improved from it's predecessors like AC2 was. But it's still the best game out of all of them. Story wise, it's fantastic...forBefore I go further, I just wanna say this game isn't an 8. It's just not a 9. It's more like an 8.5, or an 8.7 but for the sake of people who are on the fence, it'll be an 8. But enough of that: Assassin's Creed 3, in the series, is the best. It isn't the most improved from it's predecessors like AC2 was. But it's still the best game out of all of them. Story wise, it's fantastic...for the most part. I remember vividly dropping my controller and letting out a cry of "holy **** during the story of Connor. As for the story of Desmond....it's ambiguous. It's great right up until the end where you feel almost Mass Effect-ed. It's just kind of a let down. Graphically, the game is superb, beautiful, and there's nothing else to say. The voice acting is good and the characters seem believable, and I just love Connor. Gameplay wise you'll feel like a bad ass cutting through tons of enemies, pulling off the perfect assassinations (since anything less is often, and sometimes annoyingly so, penalized), and destroying enemy ships. Multiplayer is nothing new, which means it's fun, though the addition of wolf pack is addicting and entertaining. On the whole it's a fantastic game: but it's not perfect. Glitches from phasing into trees, floating above branches, and graphical hiccups mar the performance. Very few times do i reset, and the updates help fix this, but with a game so good it's hard not to feel let down by this. Additionally, the story is great only after it gets started. The beginning drags on forever, the missions can be frustrating and by the time things picked up i felt almost tired. But once i got over that i could see AC3 for what it truly was and is: a fantastic game let down by a smaller issues. It may not have built a skyscraper on the ground of Revelations/Brotherhood like AC2 did on top of the original, but AC3 lives up to its expectations, gives you a huge open world to play in, and will provide endless (and i hardly exaggerate, i still play it for fun!) hours of entertainment. Expand
  14. Mar 17, 2013
    Graphics:9//Gameplay:6//Plot:7//Soundtracks:10
    ------------7.8 good---------
    i am a big fan of AC series,unfortuanatelly this one is not that good. the graphics are good ,but so many glitches ,sometimes you have to restart the mission because of that,the secondary objectives are weird and technically hard or impossible to do ,and while you are on the mean mission you will not notice
    Graphics:9//Gameplay:6//Plot:7//Soundtracks:10
    ------------7.8 good---------
    i am a big fan of AC series,unfortuanatelly this one is not that good.
    the graphics are good ,but so many glitches ,sometimes you have to restart the mission because of that,the secondary objectives are weird and technically hard or impossible to do ,and while you are on the mean mission you will not notice that they added a new secondary objective and new parameters,so you will accidantly fail full sync,riding the horse is very bad and mostly glitchey,the building and the history surroundings are not beautiful as in AC2 or AC1,although the woods and hunting is good
    the plot is boring(except for Desmond) ,the battleship is amazing ,but i expected to have more ,not only three missions .alamance: wtf,all i wanted is one ,but i finished the game with 0 ,they are impossible to touch,this is the first time i have this in AC games.also you will walk a lot to get to the mission and you often get lost in the woods,fast travelling is stupid and cannot deliver you to another cities,you have to walk and get 3 loading screens and then walk again!!!!wtf.
    it sill a good game,but it is the begining of the end for AC series imo.
  15. Dec 6, 2012
    Игра Assassin's Creed III значительно отличается от предыдущих частей серии.Игра Assassin's Creed III значительно отличается от предыдущих частей серии. Добавилось множество мелочей. Но к большому сожалению, игра немного кривовата. Сюжетные миссии сделаны на скорую руку. Больше всего меня порадовали задания на корабле и разные собирательства перьев, сундуков. Вообщем новый Assassin's Creed хорош, но не идеален. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    A game that aims so high its hard not to respect. The emphasis on your targets this time round over the protagonist is certainately different, and mechanics are streamlined, though in some ways the older schemes could have worked better. You do pretty much everything from board games to naval missions to sneaking & hunting. The big problem is that the actual assassinations have gone fromA game that aims so high its hard not to respect. The emphasis on your targets this time round over the protagonist is certainately different, and mechanics are streamlined, though in some ways the older schemes could have worked better. You do pretty much everything from board games to naval missions to sneaking & hunting. The big problem is that the actual assassinations have gone from openly exploring/ planning an attack to approaching them the game wants you to do so (scripted chases, quicktime events & areas where you get detected from taking any other route than the games expected path). On top of that there is not much focus on the assassinating in a game called Assassins Creed. It feels more like an American Revolution life simulator instead.
    Still, for all the faults its a breath of fresh air into the series, which was getting tired by Revelations, and if you liked the gameplay from the last few games this is one to get.
  17. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am huge fan of this series BUT yes their is a but the one thing i did not like was that i was not in control of the main character from the off I know that they had you play connors father to establish a back story but i think this could have been shortened or done in another way through letters or flashbacks.But apart form this i really enjoy this game and love the ship battles and side missions the main story is good and i like the way they handeled telling the war of independence in it being british i thought they handeled it fairly and the elements with desmond in are very good if few and far between the ending is not bad and i was happy with the choice they made this is a war after all and people die.To end this review a good game to end the current story on Expand
  18. Apr 15, 2013
    Alright, here is my review.

Alright, here is my review.

I've been a fan of AC3 forever, I loved all of them including Revelations. I'll start with the story, Ithe desmond story is a which I doubt anyone cares about, no point talking about it. Now, Connor is a great new character- in fact my favorite out of all the AC assassins, he is very realistic and deep character; I was into his story much more then Ezio. I'll admit it, Connor's story is one of my favorite stories in recent memory, albeit with some stedfalls.

The gameplay is great, I enjoyed it for fun- it wasn't a challenge whatsoever, but it was still VERY fun. Great game, buy it! 8.5/10
  19. Feb 7, 2013
    This was my first Assassin's Creed game and I absolutely loved it. The time period Ubisoft chose couldn't be any better. The colonial times and the American Revolution are my favorite historical periods in U.S history. The new Assassin, Connor, is a very good character with a sad backstory and you will enjoy playing as him throughout the whole game. The combat is very cool, but doesn'tThis was my first Assassin's Creed game and I absolutely loved it. The time period Ubisoft chose couldn't be any better. The colonial times and the American Revolution are my favorite historical periods in U.S history. The new Assassin, Connor, is a very good character with a sad backstory and you will enjoy playing as him throughout the whole game. The combat is very cool, but doesn't feel as smooth compared to a game like Batman Arkham city, however still manages to be easy to fight and fun to kill oncoming British soldiers. The story is something that people will enjoy and it is pretty cool to see historical figures like Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Samuel Adams, etc. From what I heard, in the previous Assassin's Creed games, there are side-missions that you can do and lets say that you failed the objective, you have to keep doing that side-mission until you get it completed. If what I am hearing is correct, Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't force you to complete the side-mission which is nice for a player like me which has a difficult time completing just a side-mission to leave the mission and try something else. Although there are a lot of good things about Assassin's Creed 3, there is a lot of issues. During the campaign, you will find fairly a lot of graphical glitches. Another problem is the battles are kinda disappointing. Instead of fighting an army of British soldiers one by one, you have to help the colonists help fight the British like shooting cannons at them, and running through rocks while British Soldiers shoot at you. Not what I expected. Last is the character Connor is good, but can be very bland sometimes and you really don't know whats going through his mind half of the time. Looking past these flaws, this game is really good and highly suggest you buy this game. Expand
  20. Feb 5, 2013
    Anyone giving this game a "0" just isn't giving this game any credit. There are plenty of other games out there that deserve the hate. AC3 isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it for what it was. There's a wealth of sources that cite that the game can get glitchy, and while that may be true I never experienced that myself, at least nothing mind-boggling. There's plenty of games that get buggy andAnyone giving this game a "0" just isn't giving this game any credit. There are plenty of other games out there that deserve the hate. AC3 isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it for what it was. There's a wealth of sources that cite that the game can get glitchy, and while that may be true I never experienced that myself, at least nothing mind-boggling. There's plenty of games that get buggy and while it's annoying if it doesn't deter you from finishing the game, it either means the bugs aren't that bad or the gameplay is engaging enough to keep you playing (i.e. Oblivion, Skyrim). In this case for most I think it's the former. I wasn't as big of a fan of the new engine, although it made things interesting enough to work around and see what new features it implemented. Fighting is more stimulating in the older games, but this one still works.

I read a lot of complaints about the architecture of the old games missing here, but if you knew the premise, what exactly were you expecting? How much in the way of large structures in colonial settlements could there be? The environment in this game is still enormous, and while you're not climbing Renaissance art deco cathedrals (not that 1700 North America would have any) the tree system is interesting, and there's still a ton of climbing to do out in the wilderness. I enjoyed exploring the cities of New York Boston and recognizing some landmarks I've visited in reality. While the US Revolution storyline might not interest people outside of the US (or even in the US), for the purpose of the story it makes the most logical sense seeing as Desmond is American. If it wasn't the Revolution Era it would be the Civil War era. If not that, then perhaps the Spanish-American War era. Point is, it has to end in America.

I'm not much of a multiplayer fan. I'd much rather have a game to complete on my own, and in instances where I'd want to play a multiplayer game I'd rather play with someone I know. But I gave the multiplayer disc a try with a X-Box Live trial and I actually enjoyed it a lot. The multiplayer environments are large and the amount of different modes to try will keep you interested enough to continue playing. I even considered getting an X-Box Live Gold membership to keep playing, so I suppose that speaks to its' quality.

I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but playing these games has taught me not to get so excited over it, because none of them (to me) have been particularly satisfying. To each his own, but I think it was inevitable that the ending would come to what it was. However, I seriously and truly doubt that this will be the last Assassins Creed game. The franchise is too profitable for Ubisoft to just end it. We might not ever be playing as Desmond Miles again, but there will be another character that will take over his role in the Animus. Perhaps they're be a series of games where you play from a Templar's ancestral view. They could make a dozen of these games and I would probably play them all as long as they keep the quality at the level they've presented the series with. I rate this at a 8 for gameplay, visuals, expansive environment, fun multiplayer, and challenge in the last installment (for now) of one of my favorite modern day gaming franchises.
  21. Mar 1, 2013
    The game started off kinda slow, with lots going on but as soon as you get a grasp and get into the world, you will not regret your decision to play this game. The world is very immersive, providing the players with plenty of ways to get around and tons of things to do. As soon as you become Connor and get your robes, you feel as if nothing can touch you. I have put more than 20 hours intoThe game started off kinda slow, with lots going on but as soon as you get a grasp and get into the world, you will not regret your decision to play this game. The world is very immersive, providing the players with plenty of ways to get around and tons of things to do. As soon as you become Connor and get your robes, you feel as if nothing can touch you. I have put more than 20 hours into this game and the one thing that never gets old is the combat. From using enemies as meat shields from gun fire to performing gruesome stabs with the hand daggers, this game has it all. This game is truly a high mark in gaming and should be played by everyone who wants to see what the future of gaming is going to. Yes there are a lot of bugs in this game, but most of them are small clipping or glitching issues. The flawless free running, assassinations and combat make up for any issue you may see. Expand
  22. Apr 6, 2013
    Ezio was my dude. He is the reson i loved the AC's. AC1 was rather boring. 2 BH and revalations was just wow. We realy got a view and feeling from him. Now on to conner. He is young. Its nice but i think we would need more of him to get that bond. I loved this game aswell as all of them. You know what your getting with this. Nothing new here. We see desmonds story. Sorry but I've neverEzio was my dude. He is the reson i loved the AC's. AC1 was rather boring. 2 BH and revalations was just wow. We realy got a view and feeling from him. Now on to conner. He is young. Its nice but i think we would need more of him to get that bond. I loved this game aswell as all of them. You know what your getting with this. Nothing new here. We see desmonds story. Sorry but I've never played for him. In the end its a good game. Great story and lots and lots of replay. Just as every AC. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles) and I cannot wait to see what Assassins Creed 4 has to offer come October 2013. Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is no doubt my favorite video game franchise, and this game is no exception. Well... mostly no exception. The story for this game is half and half for me. one on side, Conner's story is great. It isn't the best the series has written, but it's still nice. I found it really surprising that Haytham was actually a Templar. I think this was an awesome plot twist, and I thinkAssassin's Creed is no doubt my favorite video game franchise, and this game is no exception. Well... mostly no exception. The story for this game is half and half for me. one on side, Conner's story is great. It isn't the best the series has written, but it's still nice. I found it really surprising that Haytham was actually a Templar. I think this was an awesome plot twist, and I think Ubisoft should actually do more with playing as Templars. As for Conner's ending, it's alright. I felt that it ended to abruptly, but it isn't the worst ending; i'll get to that. On the other hand, we have Desmond's story, which is the WORST in the series. Like the other Desmond stories, while it's acted well, it's completely unneeded, and doesn't make sense whatsoever. and what I said about AC's worst ending? Desmond's ending in this game has to be one of the worst endings in video game history. I won't spoil it, but I will say that it reflects how useless Desmond's story really is. Now onto the gameplay. this game adds up a lot more mechanics, but I have one problem with them: the overworld. the overworlds in this game are absolutely HUGE. I find myself constantly fast traveling, and also ignoring side objectives and little extras. Basically, my problem is that the worlds are too big: they break the flow of the game, and make the replayability matter less. heck, I barely touched view points in this game, which I always did in previous games. Though the combat still manages to stay fresh, and much better thanks to additions such as arms and muskets. Something that really surprised me was the graphics in the game. the environments are surprisingly beautiful, and even more so, this game has a surprisingly fast frame rate. I loved this, as it made the control in the game feel much more tweaked and fluent. But by far the best aspect of the game is Multiplayer. Multiplayer is addicting and fun, and the gamemodes, level system, and maps are great. Overall, ACIII is a great addition to the series. Desmond's story may be awful, and the huge worlds may take away from the game, but thanks to Conner's story, improved gameplay, and epic Multiplayer, this is a great game that I recommend you pick up. Expand
  25. Jan 6, 2014
    Previously, I thought this franchise was just another mainstream Call of Duty-esque franchise. Until I realized the historical aspect each game carries. Being the US History buff that I am, I decided to teast this game out...and I loved it. It's so amazing to interact with huge historical figures, travel colonial America, and well, kick some ass. This game also brings in the issues ofPreviously, I thought this franchise was just another mainstream Call of Duty-esque franchise. Until I realized the historical aspect each game carries. Being the US History buff that I am, I decided to teast this game out...and I loved it. It's so amazing to interact with huge historical figures, travel colonial America, and well, kick some ass. This game also brings in the issues of freedom for all and slavery and questions our own morality of killing. Assasin's Creed 3 is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  26. Aug 12, 2013
    a well done open world game with very immersive environments and a good not great story although Connor the main character is a little boring, but overall, the game is full of exploration and cool missions.
  27. Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed III was a extremely smooth and featured easy controls. There was always something to do in AC3 even after you've completed the main story. Desmond's story is still weak and confusing and gives you little to keep you interested. Meanwhile, Conner's story was always interesting and showed extreme depth. The way the game started introducing you to a bunch of characters, that you will eventually kill, was a very nice touch that gave the story even more depth. The introduction of the Aquilla was done perfectly. Controls were easy. It will be interesting to see if you will be able to explore the world via ship in future AC. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2013
    This was my first AC game and i loved it to bits. It's huge, great graphics, lots to see, lots to do, lots of reliability, i just had so much fun with it. I've played through it twice so far and will deffo play through again sometime. My only problem with it was the story line was weak in places and i didn't like the modern day sections and the whole animus thing.
  29. Aug 25, 2013
    5th installment of the Assassin's Creed series. Average User Score of 6.8, much undeserved. IGN rated it 8.5, Gamespot-8.5, and Game Informer 9.5. Those are the scores this game deserves.

Drawing upon the success of the previous installments the new one follows the story of a new hero(finally.) Conner. And as such also takes place in none other than the middle of the Revolutionary War. Meanwhile Desmond finds himself in yet another hideout, living out the memories of Conner, but being much closer to his previous goals that will inevitably tie up the series by the end. Or will they? Bumbumbum. (*cough*Assassins Creed: Black Flag*)

Desmond's side of the story is much more expanded now, there is a lot more freedom, and most definetly the most action for Desmond out of all the installments. (Guess he got fed up with laying down in the animus all day.)
    The game as much improved it's combat system since Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The NPC's are no longer brain dead as with Brotherhood and Revelations. This is a much welcome change for veterans of the series and new comers to the series. Combat flows much smoother, and enemies pose bigger challenges. Given a myriad of new weapons, such a dual pistols, and Ropedart. (strangle people and hang them off of varius objects, now doesn't that sound fun?)

The story and dialogue are both very unique in their delivery through the eyes of a Native American posed as an assassin, it gives you a glimpse at the life of the Natives during the 1700's and the time of settling colonists. Conner himself is much different then Ezio and Altair, and that is a good thing that makes him unique and stand out as a character. His journey for righteousness and justice is exactly what it is to live by the Creed. But at the same time his softness and will for justice obstructs his goals, along with his naivety. From the outside many people might not like this new Assassin when looking back at Ezio, but if time is taken to see where he had come from, and how he was raised, it is much easier to understand him as a character. Even from the beginning, Conner is shown in a sentimental light, and this light only grows brighter as the story comes to a climax, and he is faced with choices, and tragedies that really show what it means to be an Assassin in the Brotherhood. This installment in the series, has had a lot of sentiment and emotion, the relationships between Conner and myriad of other characters are really fleshed out for an emotional story from middle to the end.

On the side, the game features a "community" sort of mechanic called "Homestead." Where Conner can help and bring new people to his community, where they lend him their presence and trade skills, while the community keeps on growing. Each of these settlers have unique personas that lend to the community feeling very alive. Conner can choose to help them out and as he does the settlers can produce better goods, the community grows literally, new builds are erect, new relationships are started. It is overall just a great side optional feature that fleshes out the side stories,and brings more life to Conner as he creates relationships with each settler.

There are TONS of side quests, from Frontiersmen spreading rumors about monsters, to courier, and delivery requests. Tons of collectibles to be found everywhere. One of the collectibles you are able to trade in for pieces of map fragments that later are used to uncover a great treasure.

Another new mechanic introduced to the Assassins Creed universe in this installment is the Naval Battle system where you commandeer your own ship. With this you participate in various sea battles, sink ships, take down forts, upgrade your ship, fare against rogue winds, all sorts of very fun things. (Who knew you could learn so much about commandeering a ship from a video game.)

Overall, this has been one of the best, and most refined Assassin's Creed installments to date. Some people will not like Conner or the new Naval Battles, but if you actually take the time to understand the character, and the various new mechanics in this game. It will be a very enjoyable ride, from beginning to end. Hopefully, Conner will grow on the players, because he is a worthy Assassin to the series, and shouldn't be disregarded as anything less. He brought a great story, and a very tragic and emotional one at that, that was not so very familiar to the series.

This game is worth the pick up, as cheap as 10 dollars in a lot of places, in used condition. Tons of content for that low price is a steal. This has personally been the most enjoyable Assassins Creed game for me so far, tons of side content to keep busy, a lot of different great personalities to meet in the game if you take the time, much improved and fun combat, great graphics and animations, the story is phenomenal it really connects the player to Conner, and feels his pain through the things he must endure, until the very end.
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    ok,i really put a 9 but this game is so hate for idiots
    the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring
    are you stupids? what de you want? another ezio s game?
    do you think ubisoft is like activision? assassins creed 3 has a good story,a good gameplay and a good soundtrack. it had excelent graphics and its very fun to play it
  31. Jul 14, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III is the not the bad game it has been worked up to be. The story is actually quite good, and Connor is an interesting character. My only issue is that the gameplay does not feel as fluid, and is full of glitches.
  32. Jan 27, 2014
    great game based on historical things if you like both history and action by the game multiplier is worth it by itself. i love history thinking it would be stupid i let it wait until iv came out decided to try it best choice in my life.
  33. May 27, 2014
    Very good gameplay and graphics. A lot of things changed since the first ACs, but it's still one of my favorites. Walking with Connor through the woods, covered in snow, the naval battles, the tomahawk (haha), all of this make an unique scenario for the Colonial United States.
  34. Jul 3, 2014
    Well lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his littleWell lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his little camp and family from the bad guys. I loved going round taking over the forts that were about, I thought that was a nice touch to the game, this isn't my best ac but it is still a 10 for me. Expand
  35. Jul 23, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, andAssassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, and there is a brand new hunting mechanic, which fits well. All in all, many may hate it, but I for one see the true brilliance inside it. Expand
  36. Aug 22, 2014
    This game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting andThis game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting and fresh. The character design is excellent, the characters are great and it is just a great gaming experience overall. I loved fighting for my people, and what is right. this game still continues to amaze me with the fun I have playing it. Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2014
    One of my favorite Creed games, many dislike it for its story line, i'll admit it is very linear compared to AC2 but the gameplay of this game is great! There are many new items and weapons for you to use and new hunting features! Don't overlook this entry in the AC franchise
  38. Dec 14, 2014
    My first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly willMy first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly will reveal the location of the amulet. You are taken back to the 1700s colonial America. The story starts veeerrrryyy slowly. You start as a Templar named Haytham, then play as young Connor, then adult Connor and it's not until 6 hours into the game until you get your assassin robes. Haytham and Connor are the only interesting and memorable characters who show any real emotion. Even guest appearances from Paul Revere and George Washington aren't as cool as they sound. The Desmond sections are required this time, but there actually kind of fun and don't feel like filler. There are lots of cool twists and overall one of the best stories I've seen, I don't want to spoil too much. The gameplay is just like the previous ones you sneak, jump, stab, do parkour and climbin an open world, do side missions, etc. The open world is divided into 4 areas: Boston, New York, the frontier and homestead. The story missions where alright. There are some cool and tricky stealth missions, and some big sword fights you have to get into. Some missions let you choose between one or the other. There are also some naval ship battles which are really fun. Some levels where lame and forgettable while others stood out. The side missions however are awesome and lots of fun. There are collectible a such as feathers and trinkets to find and make you explore the more interesting and cool parts of the map. You can also raid forts and do liberation missions, and some naval side missions take you out of the colonies and out into the carribean. You can use money to upgrade your ship, buy maps for collectbles, new outfits, and cooler weapons. There is also an intricate hunting system, but it feels pointless because it's really easy to just go up and stab an animal right away. Some of the side missions where stupid and repetitive, such as delivering mail. The fast travel sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It's freaking annoying running all the ways across the map for something and extremely boring.The graphics look amazing for a 2012 game. Every texture is very detailed, and there where times where I was on top of a cliff and seeing the amazing forest landscape in front of me. During the cutscenes there are some weird facial glitches on the characters though. The sound effects are nothing special, but the soundtrack is **** amazing. The cool actiony music sounds very cool and actiony. The calm and spiritual music makes you feel calm and spiritual. The soundtrack alone makes the boring moments much less boring. Overall if you like assassins creed I can well recommend this. It's easy so anyone can play it and 100 preventing it will definitely keep you busy for a while, so you'll be getting your money's worth. If your just getting into the series like me, it teaches you everything just fine and the story easy to follow without having played the previous games. If you haven't played assassins creed at all yet then start playing them, there a lot of fun. (I've heard there all the same and this is the only one I've played so far). Expand
  39. May 22, 2015
    In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them,In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them, which can’t be said for every AC game) with a variety of weapons, as usual, but you can also hunt deer, bears, etc. This game introduced naval combat with both naval battles that were required to progress in the (above average) story and extra ones as side missions. Multiplayer is more of the same but it does add more value to the game overall. The game gets a decent deal of slack, but mostly for reasons I don't agree with (like some people think Connor is boring but I think it's fine that he's stoic). People complain that the architecture is less interesting but the game is only staying true to AMerica in the 1700's. I agree with some of the complaints, though, like the ending was kind of 'meh'. I still think this game stands above the AC’s before it as a more entertaining adventure (at least slightly). Expand
  40. Jul 16, 2015
    It starts really well with Haytham and a surprise in the plot. But Connor... just runs behind the rest of main characters of the saga. Not as bad a AC:Brotherhood but worse than the rest.

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]