6.7

1. Jun 7, 2013
    Assassin's creed 3 is not the perfect sequel AC fans have been waiting for, Dose it live up to the hype? No. It has lackluster side missions except the naval missions), a convoluted story overall, and some game play hiccups. What it dos have is some solid voice acting, and fun combat.
  2. Aug 12, 2013
    a well done open world game with very immersive environments and a good not great story although Connor the main character is a little boring, but overall, the game is full of exploration and cool missions.
  3. Sep 15, 2013
    Connor was assassin. His character sucked. The ending was sick but other than that, all of the characters sucked except for Charlie. Haymitch and everyone was awful.
  4. Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed III was a extremely smooth and featured easy controls. There was always something to do in AC3 even after you've completed the main story. Desmond's story is still weak and confusing and gives you little to keep you interested. Meanwhile, Conner's story was always interesting and showed extreme depth. The way the game started introducing you to a bunch of characters, that you will eventually kill, was a very nice touch that gave the story even more depth. The introduction of the Aquilla was done perfectly. Controls were easy. It will be interesting to see if you will be able to explore the world via ship in future AC. Expand
  5. Aug 10, 2013
    This was my first AC game and i loved it to bits. It's huge, great graphics, lots to see, lots to do, lots of reliability, i just had so much fun with it. I've played through it twice so far and will deffo play through again sometime. My only problem with it was the story line was weak in places and i didn't like the modern day sections and the whole animus thing.
  6. Aug 23, 2014
    I have made another user review that overdid the hatred a bit, this is to fix this, Assassins Creed 3 is an acceptable game It made steps in the series, some right and some wrong, Some of the right things is that is established it's own framework from which the game formed, it gave us new mechanics and gameplay. But Connor is such a bland character in relation to Haythem, I would ofI have made another user review that overdid the hatred a bit, this is to fix this, Assassins Creed 3 is an acceptable game It made steps in the series, some right and some wrong, Some of the right things is that is established it's own framework from which the game formed, it gave us new mechanics and gameplay. But Connor is such a bland character in relation to Haythem, I would of prefered to play the whole game as haythem. Also does this time period really appeal to anyone Outside the UK or America, you can't get an Australian like me to care about the things that those to carried on with, it just doesn't tick, the crusades and the renaissance as appealing to everyone, especially since the majority of us aren't in Italy, it helps boost the fanbase, and I shouldn't need to mention th time it takes to properly escape the linear boundries. In conclusion It's an OK game but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Expand
  7. Aug 25, 2013
    5th installment of the Assassin's Creed series. Average User Score of 6.8, much undeserved. IGN rated it 8.5, Gamespot-8.5, and Game Informer 9.5. Those are the scores this game deserves.

Drawing upon the success of the previous installments the new one follows the story of a new hero(finally.) Conner. And as such also takes place in none other than the middle of the Revolutionary War. Meanwhile Desmond finds himself in yet another hideout, living out the memories of Conner, but being much closer to his previous goals that will inevitably tie up the series by the end. Or will they? Bumbumbum. (*cough*Assassins Creed: Black Flag*)

Desmond's side of the story is much more expanded now, there is a lot more freedom, and most definetly the most action for Desmond out of all the installments. (Guess he got fed up with laying down in the animus all day.)
    The game as much improved it's combat system since Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The NPC's are no longer brain dead as with Brotherhood and Revelations. This is a much welcome change for veterans of the series and new comers to the series. Combat flows much smoother, and enemies pose bigger challenges. Given a myriad of new weapons, such a dual pistols, and Ropedart. (strangle people and hang them off of varius objects, now doesn't that sound fun?)

The story and dialogue are both very unique in their delivery through the eyes of a Native American posed as an assassin, it gives you a glimpse at the life of the Natives during the 1700's and the time of settling colonists. Conner himself is much different then Ezio and Altair, and that is a good thing that makes him unique and stand out as a character. His journey for righteousness and justice is exactly what it is to live by the Creed. But at the same time his softness and will for justice obstructs his goals, along with his naivety. From the outside many people might not like this new Assassin when looking back at Ezio, but if time is taken to see where he had come from, and how he was raised, it is much easier to understand him as a character. Even from the beginning, Conner is shown in a sentimental light, and this light only grows brighter as the story comes to a climax, and he is faced with choices, and tragedies that really show what it means to be an Assassin in the Brotherhood. This installment in the series, has had a lot of sentiment and emotion, the relationships between Conner and myriad of other characters are really fleshed out for an emotional story from middle to the end.

On the side, the game features a "community" sort of mechanic called "Homestead." Where Conner can help and bring new people to his community, where they lend him their presence and trade skills, while the community keeps on growing. Each of these settlers have unique personas that lend to the community feeling very alive. Conner can choose to help them out and as he does the settlers can produce better goods, the community grows literally, new builds are erect, new relationships are started. It is overall just a great side optional feature that fleshes out the side stories,and brings more life to Conner as he creates relationships with each settler.

There are TONS of side quests, from Frontiersmen spreading rumors about monsters, to courier, and delivery requests. Tons of collectibles to be found everywhere. One of the collectibles you are able to trade in for pieces of map fragments that later are used to uncover a great treasure.

Another new mechanic introduced to the Assassins Creed universe in this installment is the Naval Battle system where you commandeer your own ship. With this you participate in various sea battles, sink ships, take down forts, upgrade your ship, fare against rogue winds, all sorts of very fun things. (Who knew you could learn so much about commandeering a ship from a video game.)

Overall, this has been one of the best, and most refined Assassin's Creed installments to date. Some people will not like Conner or the new Naval Battles, but if you actually take the time to understand the character, and the various new mechanics in this game. It will be a very enjoyable ride, from beginning to end. Hopefully, Conner will grow on the players, because he is a worthy Assassin to the series, and shouldn't be disregarded as anything less. He brought a great story, and a very tragic and emotional one at that, that was not so very familiar to the series.

This game is worth the pick up, as cheap as 10 dollars in a lot of places, in used condition. Tons of content for that low price is a steal. This has personally been the most enjoyable Assassins Creed game for me so far, tons of side content to keep busy, a lot of different great personalities to meet in the game if you take the time, much improved and fun combat, great graphics and animations, the story is phenomenal it really connects the player to Conner, and feels his pain through the things he must endure, until the very end.
  8. Sep 11, 2013
    Un titulo interesante debido a su anterior saga, pero con unos altibajos notables: Los gráficos se podría decir que incluso han empeorado respecto a los últimos Assassin's Creeds, pero lo importante aquí reside en otras cosas como la nave Aquila, sin duda algo perfecto, un gran barco disponible para realizar batallas navales, el bajo: No se puede usar en un modo libre. En mi opinión, elUn titulo interesante debido a su anterior saga, pero con unos altibajos notables: Los gráficos se podría decir que incluso han empeorado respecto a los últimos Assassin's Creeds, pero lo importante aquí reside en otras cosas como la nave Aquila, sin duda algo perfecto, un gran barco disponible para realizar batallas navales, el bajo: No se puede usar en un modo libre. En mi opinión, el nuevo traje de Connor es bueno, recordando el estilo de la saga, pero en la compra de este articulo parece haber poco en lo que elegir, otra cosa que me gusto fue la posibilidad de llamar al caballo, pero el bajo es sus continuos errores, cuando entra en el agua en ocasiones se crea un bug, al igual que es muy ficicil montarlo si vas por el bosque. Como he dicho un buen juego, no me decepcionó, pero tambien tiene errores que necesitan ser pulidos. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    Finalmente, el sacar una nueva entrega de la saga cada año les ha pasado factura. Lo mejor que tenían los AC no eran los gráficos, ni el combate, sino la historia y la trama en general. Todo queda arruinado en esta "conclusión" hecha deprisa y corriendo (en particular, el protagonista queda muy pobre y sosainas). En general no está muy mal el planteamiento, pero repito, falla la ejecución.Finalmente, el sacar una nueva entrega de la saga cada año les ha pasado factura. Lo mejor que tenían los AC no eran los gráficos, ni el combate, sino la historia y la trama en general. Todo queda arruinado en esta "conclusión" hecha deprisa y corriendo (en particular, el protagonista queda muy pobre y sosainas). En general no está muy mal el planteamiento, pero repito, falla la ejecución. Si le hubieran dedicado el tiempo que necesitaba, igual les hubiera quedado mejor. Por lo demás, la mecánica bien, innova algo con respecto a sus predecesores que incluye nuevas áreas más grandes, para hartarse a explorar (cosa que a mí no me llama mucho la atención, la verdad. No creo que "skyrimizar" el juego lo mejore, pero...bueno) y algún que otro cambio -que no mejora- en los combates. Expand
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    after a very disapointing game(assassin's creed revelations)there wans't how make a worst game,the story of assassin's creed 3 can be good but the rest of the game isnt so good.
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    ok,i really put a 9 but this game is so hate for idiots
    the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring
    are you stupids? what de you want? another ezio s game?
    do you think ubisoft is like activision? assassins creed 3 has a good story,a good gameplay and a good soundtrack. it had excelent graphics and its very fun to play it
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, Ubisoft you did it again! You failed another multilogy of your games (another was Prince of Persia). You made me hate your сompany after this game! Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III is the not the bad game it has been worked up to be. The story is actually quite good, and Connor is an interesting character. My only issue is that the gameplay does not feel as fluid, and is full of glitches.
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    These are the negative facts in my opinion about the game. Overall it's a great game. It has amazing graphics and great environment and i enjoyed playing it, but there were some things that ruined my experience during gameplay.

For me it was difficult to follow the story, because there's too much of information happening at the same time and i got confused. The maps are too big and exploring them gets tedious, the characters have no special personality. The main character (Connor) is too serious and cold, i missed Ezio's charisma. The start-menu is very confusing. The main message and meaning of the assassin's creed felt kind of weak in general.
  15. Dec 26, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I was swept up in Assassin's Creed nostalgia. The gameplay was smooth but refined, and the world was massive. The combat flowed well and all in all the voice acting was very good. After a couple hours of gameplay, I noticed the first issue, the opening sequence is way too long. It took me three hours before I met the protagonist, and left me feeling likeWhen I started playing this game, I was swept up in Assassin's Creed nostalgia. The gameplay was smooth but refined, and the world was massive. The combat flowed well and all in all the voice acting was very good. After a couple hours of gameplay, I noticed the first issue, the opening sequence is way too long. It took me three hours before I met the protagonist, and left me feeling like most of what I had done to that point was just a glorified tutorial. I finally got to Connor's storyline and expected the game to finally pick up, there were a few issues with that though. First off, Connor is boring. He just floats through revolutionary America taking jobs for a bunch of founding fathers and barely has any traits. There may be a scene where he challenges his teacher, but as soon as that's over it's like it never happened. The use of founding fathers is enjoyable for a little, but I like American history, and when this game decides to say, "Paul Revere didn't do the midnight ride, it was Connor, Paul was just kind of there" it becomes annoying. It undermines the efforts of all these real people to promote the protagonist, and it didn't need to do that. Finally, there's the biggest problem with the game, it's boring. There are long stretches of game where you just follow people around and wander between Boston and New York (no Philadelphia?). And while that also happened in AC I and II (and all the other games), at least you were someplace interesting where you could have fun exploring the environment. 18th Century Boston isn't nearly as big or fun as Damascus or Rome, for god sake, if there was a building over 3 stories it was a treat, while in old ones you could climb hundreds of feet in the air. The action is fun, but there is a bit of issue with the technology of the time, namely, guns. In the revolutionary war, everyone owned a gun. Using swords and throwing knives is fun, until you get shot, then you just need to pick up a musket. I think this was a poor choice for setting, because the system worked in the other games. The player would meet some people they had heard of, some people they hadn't and run around getting into sword fights. Here, the player knows all the major characters (or at least I did) and realizes they made them so much less interesting than they were. A conversation with Thomas Jefferson about slavery should be riveting, but he just vaguely talks against it while Connor accuses him of being a hypocrite, then agrees to do some bland chore for him. Along the way, Connor gets shot and has to run around dodging redcoats until he can hide. It just doesn't work as well. Maybe Ubisoft is just spinning their wheels, but this feels more like an uninspired peripheral game than the climax of the franchise (or at least the trilogy). I give it a 5/10, if only because I did like the older games so much. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III. Before I reviewed this game I played Assassin's Creed II. Most people seemed to love that game, but for some reason, I didn't. I thought the game was just plain overrated, and was mediocre at best. It's a game that you should really try before you buy. Having played through the sequel now, I have to say that this game has improved upon its predecessor in most ofAssassin's Creed III. Before I reviewed this game I played Assassin's Creed II. Most people seemed to love that game, but for some reason, I didn't. I thought the game was just plain overrated, and was mediocre at best. It's a game that you should really try before you buy. Having played through the sequel now, I have to say that this game has improved upon its predecessor in most of its flaws. So, does this game present a nice rendition of the American Revolution, or was it the right move for this game not to written in the U.S. Constitution? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is definitely better than Assassin's Creed II. However, that's not really saying much. The game is still little more than Grand Theft Auto set during the American Revolution. It provides quite a bit for an open world game, but is still nothing we haven't seen before. Of course, there are no cars to steal and drive, so you pretty much have to run everywhere. Running in this game can be fun, but it still isn't nearly as fun as stealing someone's car, and driving off. The open world is set in the cities of Boston and New York in the 1700s. There's a lot to enjoy in these cities. There are plenty of missions to undertake, a few mini games, and even some enemy bases to take. There's a lot to enjoy in these two cities, along with the wilderness surrounding them, but none of it will blow your socks off as none of it is anything we haven't seen before. The combat in this game is literally a copy and paste of the Batman Arkham series. It is an improvement over Assassin's Creed II's clunky combat, but it is still hard to excuse that it just stole this from Batman. It has many of the same beat'em up mechanics. The stealth is slightly different however. Despite this, the stealth in this game is actually worse than Arkham's. It can be hard to figure out when the perfect time to switch to stealth is, and when to beat people up. This can detract from the overall experience, and make it much less fun. Overall though, the gameplay of Assassin's Creed III is an improvement upon the second game, but is still nothing we haven't seen before. The graphics on the other hand, have had a huge improvement from the second Assassin's Creed. This time, they are actually great looking. In fact they are on par with many of the games released on the Xbox 360. It is not as good as Just Cause 2 or Grand Theft Auto IV, but it is still a beautiful looking game nonetheless. The characters and environments all look very good and rich with detail in this game. They may not be on par with some of its competitors, but they still look very good. As for the story, that's the only part of this game that has unfortunately seen no improvement over its predecessor. The story in this game is still absolutely terrible, just like the last game. The first thing I noticed after completing the story was how much of the game was a complete rip-off of Star Wars. Seriously, the main villain of this game is actually the main character's father, and his reveal is just terrible compared to Darth Vader's reveal to being Luke's father in Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back. Also there is a war within a war going on between the Assassin's and Templars while the Americans are fighting the British. This is basically the same thing as the Jedi fighting the Sith during the war between the Rebellion and the Empire. Also, the main character once again has everything taken from him, and it is almost exactly the same as Luke Skywalker this time. As for the storyline set in the present, all I can say is this: remove it. Just remove it from this game entirely. It is everyone's least favorite part of the story. It just makes the plot of this game more confusing than it should be, and it is still a Matrix rip-off. Plus, the ending is so terrible! I won't spoil it, but let's just say the main character has to make a choice, and you don't even get to make it for him! Overall, the story of this game is about as bad as a video game story can get. Overall, this game took several steps forward, but then it took several steps back. It is a decent game, but still not enough to take it out of a worth a rent status. It is better than ACII, but still not that great. I recommend this game to anyone who likes the American Revolution. Everyone else should just rent it, and nothing else.
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Story: 3/10
    Overall: 6/10
  17. Jan 27, 2014
    great game based on historical things if you like both history and action by the game multiplier is worth it by itself. i love history thinking it would be stupid i let it wait until iv came out decided to try it best choice in my life.
  18. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Is this assassin's creed or melee creed? What the hell were they thinking making this? The city is cluttered and stuffy with nowhere to really utilize the game mechanics. The guards are a joke. The story itself is tedious and unbelievable, even for a video game. The pacing is abysmal and clumsy the whole way through. The best part of it is the beginning with the boats. After that I'm at aIs this assassin's creed or melee creed? What the hell were they thinking making this? The city is cluttered and stuffy with nowhere to really utilize the game mechanics. The guards are a joke. The story itself is tedious and unbelievable, even for a video game. The pacing is abysmal and clumsy the whole way through. The best part of it is the beginning with the boats. After that I'm at a loss for how they could think this would be a good game. Expand
  19. May 27, 2014
    Very good gameplay and graphics. A lot of things changed since the first ACs, but it's still one of my favorites. Walking with Connor through the woods, covered in snow, the naval battles, the tomahawk (haha), all of this make an unique scenario for the Colonial United States.
  20. Apr 13, 2014
    This game being my first time playing anything from the Assassin's Creed franchise I was very impressed at how the story plays out, the game play, and just the look back in history premise these games bring. If you were to ask me what I thought about this game a little over a year ago I would have said it was fantastic!
    However after playing AC2, I became more and more disappointed in
    However after playing AC2, I became more and more disappointed in what AC3 was.
    This is still a good game (don't get me wrong) but it just does not compare to the previous entries in the franchise.
  21. Jul 3, 2014
    Well lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his littleWell lets start by saying im an assassins creed fan. Ive got them all completed them all and loved them all. Ac 3 was a great audition to the series I think the whole map was great, the hunting was good in the snowey forests. Lots of people hated the character but I think he was the best assassin out of them all, maybe im the only one, I loved the story that he wanted to save his little camp and family from the bad guys. I loved going round taking over the forts that were about, I thought that was a nice touch to the game, this isn't my best ac but it is still a 10 for me. Expand
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III continues the experiences of Desmond and the team, and moves on to two new ancestors of Desmond, Haytham & Connor, who are father and son respectfully. AC3 takes forever to get started, you actually play as Connor, but for the first two sequences you play as Haytham. This become rather droll and the story in the overall game moves very slow and with uneven speed. ThisAssassin's Creed III continues the experiences of Desmond and the team, and moves on to two new ancestors of Desmond, Haytham & Connor, who are father and son respectfully. AC3 takes forever to get started, you actually play as Connor, but for the first two sequences you play as Haytham. This become rather droll and the story in the overall game moves very slow and with uneven speed. This iteration of the series is also very cinematic heavy, you'll perhaps do 3-5 minutes of actual playing followed by a 1 - 2 minute cinematic (you can skip the cinematics, but then the plot is basically meaningless). This iteration feels very much rushed, a lot of things go wrong in the game.

As most people have reviewed this game is plagued with bugs and glitches, now I actually am a game programmer myself (I even have a degree in it), and some of the bugs that have gotten through quality control are absolutely absurd. I had hoped that a few years down the road that most of the important and game break bugs would be fixed, but they aren't. I know the Xbox 360 doesn't have the most advanced hardware specs and given the size of the worlds the Assassin's Creed series has come to be known for, but this is a bit too much.

I can't count the number of times I'll be walking (this is later in the game around sequence 9 for whatever reason) and I'll be incognito and walk past a guard and suddenly all the guards in the area will attack me as if I had been Notoriety Level 3. This is awful, because it happens repeatedly, and I'm not talking 1 or 2 guards, I'm talking upwards of 7 - 10, not all of them infantry that can be killed using simply counters. I've also seen (and took a picture, wish I could post it) a manikin sitting on the seat of a hay trailer, it's like the texture for whatever person was supposed to be there is missing so what I see if the plain white model of a human. Also something you'll notice and these are actually acceptable bugs considering the limitations of the hardware, but texture pop-ins are a thing you'll have to get used too. You can be riding your horse and getting to a bridge and clearly see that when your about 50 meters from the bridge the higher resolution texture will pop-in and if you're running in a grassy area you can see the grass actually grow right in front of you. They just overlay the ground ahead of the player with a texture of grass, then as you get closer to be able to interact with it they pop the model in, well it's like watching time move fast because the grass will grow right before your very eyes.

I'm hoping that future iterations of the Assassin's Creed series will be benefited by the new hardware from the Xbox One and Playstation 4. I'd suggest you play this game only for the story to find what becomes of Desmond, but if you're looking for the charming character development like Ezio or anything like Brotherhood/II you'll be sadly disappointed.
  23. Jun 27, 2014
    I am big fan of the saga, but it game I thought very weak, few hours of gameplay, worst story just graphic is crazy this very beautiful.
    The person is very weak too.
  24. Jul 15, 2014
    The only reason I gave it as high as a 4 and not a flat 0 is because of how much I love using the tomahawk. And Haytham Kenway. Connor is just so hard to like.
  25. Jul 23, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, andAssassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, and there is a brand new hunting mechanic, which fits well. All in all, many may hate it, but I for one see the true brilliance inside it. Expand
  26. Jul 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played games since the original XBOX came out, so I do know what I'm talking about. I've also loved the Assassin's Creed franchise from the start of it. And personally, this game was a joke. The story is based out on during the Revolutionary War, yet, most of the entire story has nothing to do with it! When I saw trailers and gameplays, it was at a scene of an actually battle, making the player/buyer think that you are going to be in a lot of the actually battles between the Redcoats and the Patriots. But you aren't. All it really is is you running around trying to kill templars that have barely anything to do with the actual revolution. In after Assassin's Creed Revalations, i thought Ubisoft had given up. Luckily they were able to get there priorities strait for Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which was a good game. So please, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  27. Aug 13, 2014
    AC III has problems. It's the ultimate example of AC's "everything and the kitchen sink" design philosphy where they decided to keep piling features in like it was a hoagie. It doesn't work, and results in a muddled experience. The story takes a more serious turn as we follow Connor, a man with a very black and white view of the world entering the morally gray colonial period. ConnorAC III has problems. It's the ultimate example of AC's "everything and the kitchen sink" design philosphy where they decided to keep piling features in like it was a hoagie. It doesn't work, and results in a muddled experience. The story takes a more serious turn as we follow Connor, a man with a very black and white view of the world entering the morally gray colonial period. Connor is a great character, earnest and sincere, who is not served well by the poor implementation of the time period. It's just a stiff, uninteresting mess all around. Multiplayer is once again its saving grace. Expand
  28. Aug 22, 2014
    This game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting andThis game is quite possibly my favorite in the series. The hunting and tree climbing mechanics gave me a great sense of freedom, and running on the rooftops in the cities of the embryonic stages of America was great as well. The story was fantastic, making me really feel for Connor, and he is an excellent addition to the Assassin order, and using the tomahawk was super interesting and fresh. The character design is excellent, the characters are great and it is just a great gaming experience overall. I loved fighting for my people, and what is right. this game still continues to amaze me with the fun I have playing it. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2014
    One of my favorite Creed games, many dislike it for its story line, i'll admit it is very linear compared to AC2 but the gameplay of this game is great! There are many new items and weapons for you to use and new hunting features! Don't overlook this entry in the AC franchise
  30. Dec 14, 2014
    My first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly willMy first assassin's creed game, and now it's gotten me into the series. The story in this game is epic. Desmond and his friends are searching for some amulet in some caves in New York which is supposed to stop the 2012 apocalypse (the time it takes place and ironically when it came out) He of course goes into the animus to relive the memory of an ancestor named Connor who supposedly will reveal the location of the amulet. You are taken back to the 1700s colonial America. The story starts veeerrrryyy slowly. You start as a Templar named Haytham, then play as young Connor, then adult Connor and it's not until 6 hours into the game until you get your assassin robes. Haytham and Connor are the only interesting and memorable characters who show any real emotion. Even guest appearances from Paul Revere and George Washington aren't as cool as they sound. The Desmond sections are required this time, but there actually kind of fun and don't feel like filler. There are lots of cool twists and overall one of the best stories I've seen, I don't want to spoil too much. The gameplay is just like the previous ones you sneak, jump, stab, do parkour and climbin an open world, do side missions, etc. The open world is divided into 4 areas: Boston, New York, the frontier and homestead. The story missions where alright. There are some cool and tricky stealth missions, and some big sword fights you have to get into. Some missions let you choose between one or the other. There are also some naval ship battles which are really fun. Some levels where lame and forgettable while others stood out. The side missions however are awesome and lots of fun. There are collectible a such as feathers and trinkets to find and make you explore the more interesting and cool parts of the map. You can also raid forts and do liberation missions, and some naval side missions take you out of the colonies and out into the carribean. You can use money to upgrade your ship, buy maps for collectbles, new outfits, and cooler weapons. There is also an intricate hunting system, but it feels pointless because it's really easy to just go up and stab an animal right away. Some of the side missions where stupid and repetitive, such as delivering mail. The fast travel sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It's freaking annoying running all the ways across the map for something and extremely boring.The graphics look amazing for a 2012 game. Every texture is very detailed, and there where times where I was on top of a cliff and seeing the amazing forest landscape in front of me. During the cutscenes there are some weird facial glitches on the characters though. The sound effects are nothing special, but the soundtrack is **** amazing. The cool actiony music sounds very cool and actiony. The calm and spiritual music makes you feel calm and spiritual. The soundtrack alone makes the boring moments much less boring. Overall if you like assassins creed I can well recommend this. It's easy so anyone can play it and 100 preventing it will definitely keep you busy for a while, so you'll be getting your money's worth. If your just getting into the series like me, it teaches you everything just fine and the story easy to follow without having played the previous games. If you haven't played assassins creed at all yet then start playing them, there a lot of fun. (I've heard there all the same and this is the only one I've played so far). Expand
  31. Apr 3, 2015
    This game gets a lot right, but also a lot wrong.

Firstly lets start with the good. The new setting of the American Civil War is great, and all the environments and areas you play in are excellent replications. The series needed a change in scenery, and its most welcome. The gameplay is good, and there are new mechanics we haven't seen in previous games. In terms of scope, this is
    This game gets a lot right, but also a lot wrong.

In terms of scope, this is the biggest and most ambitious AC yet. Huge environments, and each section in the game feels different to the one before. The repetition that plagued AC1 is well and truly gone.

In this title we finally get an end to the Desmond story arc. Which has been dragged on too long. The modern day levels are fun to play.

Now for the bad news.

The main character, Connor, is the most boring protagonist in the series so far. No personality, and the plot around him is OK but you never feel like you care about him. This is a shame considering Ezio was such a popular character.

The plot in general takes way too long. At times very boring. It takes you half the game before you actual make a proper Assassination. Just errand missions up till that point.

Enemy AI is average in this game, many times enemies run past you when in pursuit. Worst of the series so far.

Also I HATE the naval combat. I fail to understand why a Apache Indian is sailing around on a galley like a pirate. Annoying and not what I would expect from an AC game. The game is not 'Pirates Creed' so I don't understand why its included.

Overall i would say it is a good addition to the series, but not a vital one. Would recommend if you see it on sale!
  32. May 22, 2015
    In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them,In Assassin’s Creed III, you play as Connor, a half-English, half-Native American assassin. The game takes place during America’s Revolutionary War, with historical figures such as George Washington making appearances. As Connor, you will assassinate groups of enemy soldiers as well as specific targets (in which most of your enemy targets you actually get to know before you kill them, which can’t be said for every AC game) with a variety of weapons, as usual, but you can also hunt deer, bears, etc. This game introduced naval combat with both naval battles that were required to progress in the (above average) story and extra ones as side missions. Multiplayer is more of the same but it does add more value to the game overall. The game gets a decent deal of slack, but mostly for reasons I don't agree with (like some people think Connor is boring but I think it's fine that he's stoic). People complain that the architecture is less interesting but the game is only staying true to AMerica in the 1700's. I agree with some of the complaints, though, like the ending was kind of 'meh'. I still think this game stands above the AC’s before it as a more entertaining adventure (at least slightly). Expand

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]