6.7

1. Aug 25, 2013
    5th installment of the Assassin's Creed series. Average User Score of 6.8, much undeserved. IGN rated it 8.5, Gamespot-8.5, and Game Informer 9.5. Those are the scores this game deserves.

Drawing upon the success of the previous installments the new one follows the story of a new hero(finally.) Conner. And as such also takes place in none other than the middle of the Revolutionary War.
    Meanwhile Desmond finds himself in yet another hideout, living out the memories of Conner, but being much closer to his previous goals that will inevitably tie up the series by the end. Or will they? Bumbumbum. (*cough*Assassins Creed: Black Flag*)

Desmond's side of the story is much more expanded now, there is a lot more freedom, and most definetly the most action for Desmond out of all the installments. (Guess he got fed up with laying down in the animus all day.)
    The game as much improved it's combat system since Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The NPC's are no longer brain dead as with Brotherhood and Revelations. This is a much welcome change for veterans of the series and new comers to the series. Combat flows much smoother, and enemies pose bigger challenges. Given a myriad of new weapons, such a dual pistols, and Ropedart. (strangle people and hang them off of varius objects, now doesn't that sound fun?)

The story and dialogue are both very unique in their delivery through the eyes of a Native American posed as an assassin, it gives you a glimpse at the life of the Natives during the 1700's and the time of settling colonists. Conner himself is much different then Ezio and Altair, and that is a good thing that makes him unique and stand out as a character. His journey for righteousness and justice is exactly what it is to live by the Creed. But at the same time his softness and will for justice obstructs his goals, along with his naivety. From the outside many people might not like this new Assassin when looking back at Ezio, but if time is taken to see where he had come from, and how he was raised, it is much easier to understand him as a character. Even from the beginning, Conner is shown in a sentimental light, and this light only grows brighter as the story comes to a climax, and he is faced with choices, and tragedies that really show what it means to be an Assassin in the Brotherhood. This installment in the series, has had a lot of sentiment and emotion, the relationships between Conner and myriad of other characters are really fleshed out for an emotional story from middle to the end.

On the side, the game features a "community" sort of mechanic called "Homestead." Where Conner can help and bring new people to his community, where they lend him their presence and trade skills, while the community keeps on growing. Each of these settlers have unique personas that lend to the community feeling very alive. Conner can choose to help them out and as he does the settlers can produce better goods, the community grows literally, new builds are erect, new relationships are started. It is overall just a great side optional feature that fleshes out the side stories,and brings more life to Conner as he creates relationships with each settler.

There are TONS of side quests, from Frontiersmen spreading rumors about monsters, to courier, and delivery requests. Tons of collectibles to be found everywhere. One of the collectibles you are able to trade in for pieces of map fragments that later are used to uncover a great treasure.

Another new mechanic introduced to the Assassins Creed universe in this installment is the Naval Battle system where you commandeer your own ship. With this you participate in various sea battles, sink ships, take down forts, upgrade your ship, fare against rogue winds, all sorts of very fun things. (Who knew you could learn so much about commandeering a ship from a video game.)

Overall, this has been one of the best, and most refined Assassin's Creed installments to date. Some people will not like Conner or the new Naval Battles, but if you actually take the time to understand the character, and the various new mechanics in this game. It will be a very enjoyable ride, from beginning to end. Hopefully, Conner will grow on the players, because he is a worthy Assassin to the series, and shouldn't be disregarded as anything less. He brought a great story, and a very tragic and emotional one at that, that was not so very familiar to the series.

This game is worth the pick up, as cheap as 10 dollars in a lot of places, in used condition. Tons of content for that low price is a steal. This has personally been the most enjoyable Assassins Creed game for me so far, tons of side content to keep busy, a lot of different great personalities to meet in the game if you take the time, much improved and fun combat, great graphics and animations, the story is phenomenal it really connects the player to Conner, and feels his pain through the things he must endure, until the very end.
  2. Sep 11, 2013
    Un titulo interesante debido a su anterior saga, pero con unos altibajos notables: Los gráficos se podría decir que incluso han empeorado respecto a los últimos Assassin's Creeds, pero lo importante aquí reside en otras cosas como la nave Aquila, sin duda algo perfecto, un gran barco disponible para realizar batallas navales, el bajo: No se puede usar en un modo libre. En mi opinión, el nuevo traje de Connor es bueno, recordando el estilo de la saga, pero en la compra de este articulo parece haber poco en lo que elegir, otra cosa que me gusto fue la posibilidad de llamar al caballo, pero el bajo es sus continuos errores, cuando entra en el agua en ocasiones se crea un bug, al igual que es muy ficicil montarlo si vas por el bosque. Como he dicho un buen juego, no me decepcionó, pero tambien tiene errores que necesitan ser pulidos. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2013
    Finalmente, el sacar una nueva entrega de la saga cada año les ha pasado factura. Lo mejor que tenían los AC no eran los gráficos, ni el combate, sino la historia y la trama en general. Todo queda arruinado en esta "conclusión" hecha deprisa y corriendo (en particular, el protagonista queda muy pobre y sosainas). En general no está muy mal el planteamiento, pero repito, falla la ejecución. Si le hubieran dedicado el tiempo que necesitaba, igual les hubiera quedado mejor. Por lo demás, la mecánica bien, innova algo con respecto a sus predecesores que incluye nuevas áreas más grandes, para hartarse a explorar (cosa que a mí no me llama mucho la atención, la verdad. No creo que "skyrimizar" el juego lo mejore, pero...bueno) y algún que otro cambio -que no mejora- en los combates. Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    after a very disapointing game(assassin's creed revelations)there wans't how make a worst game,the story of assassin's creed 3 can be good but the rest of the game isnt so good.
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    ok,i really put a 9 but this game is so hate for idiots
    the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring
    are you stupids? what de you want? another ezio s game?
    do you think ubisoft is like activision? assassins creed 3 has a good story,a good gameplay and a good soundtrack. it had excelent graphics and its very fun to play it
  6. Oct 22, 2013
    I love the AC games and I feel like this isn't a terrible entry but I think they strayed to far from the stealth mechanics of the previous games. And it is way to easy to get out of impossible situations
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    This game might be entertaining, but it is a little bit boring. The storyline is a bit too draggy too. I liked the soundtrack of this game, A LOT. I think ubisoft should not have added 4 sequences of us playing as Haytham, because playing as him is extremely boring.
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, Ubisoft you did it again! You failed another multilogy of your games (another was Prince of Persia). You made me hate your сompany after this game! Expand
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    These are the negative facts in my opinion about the game. Overall it's a great game. It has amazing graphics and great environment and i enjoyed playing it, but there were some things that ruined my experience during gameplay.

For me it was difficult to follow the story, because there's too much of information happening at the same time and i got confused. The maps are too big and
    exploring them gets tedious, the characters have no special personality. The main character (Connor) is too serious and cold, i missed Ezio's charisma. The start-menu is very confusing. The main message and meaning of the assassin's creed felt kind of weak in general. Expand
  10. Dec 26, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I was swept up in Assassin's Creed nostalgia. The gameplay was smooth but refined, and the world was massive. The combat flowed well and all in all the voice acting was very good. After a couple hours of gameplay, I noticed the first issue, the opening sequence is way too long. It took me three hours before I met the protagonist, and left me feeling like most of what I had done to that point was just a glorified tutorial. I finally got to Connor's storyline and expected the game to finally pick up, there were a few issues with that though. First off, Connor is boring. He just floats through revolutionary America taking jobs for a bunch of founding fathers and barely has any traits. There may be a scene where he challenges his teacher, but as soon as that's over it's like it never happened. The use of founding fathers is enjoyable for a little, but I like American history, and when this game decides to say, "Paul Revere didn't do the midnight ride, it was Connor, Paul was just kind of there" it becomes annoying. It undermines the efforts of all these real people to promote the protagonist, and it didn't need to do that. Finally, there's the biggest problem with the game, it's boring. There are long stretches of game where you just follow people around and wander between Boston and New York (no Philadelphia?). And while that also happened in AC I and II (and all the other games), at least you were someplace interesting where you could have fun exploring the environment. 18th Century Boston isn't nearly as big or fun as Damascus or Rome, for god sake, if there was a building over 3 stories it was a treat, while in old ones you could climb hundreds of feet in the air. The action is fun, but there is a bit of issue with the technology of the time, namely, guns. In the revolutionary war, everyone owned a gun. Using swords and throwing knives is fun, until you get shot, then you just need to pick up a musket. I think this was a poor choice for setting, because the system worked in the other games. The player would meet some people they had heard of, some people they hadn't and run around getting into sword fights. Here, the player knows all the major characters (or at least I did) and realizes they made them so much less interesting than they were. A conversation with Thomas Jefferson about slavery should be riveting, but he just vaguely talks against it while Connor accuses him of being a hypocrite, then agrees to do some bland chore for him. Along the way, Connor gets shot and has to run around dodging redcoats until he can hide. It just doesn't work as well. Maybe Ubisoft is just spinning their wheels, but this feels more like an uninspired peripheral game than the climax of the franchise (or at least the trilogy). I give it a 5/10, if only because I did like the older games so much. Expand
  11. Dec 28, 2013
    The single player makes you feel exactly like you are actually in the colonies. The mechanics in the gameplay were next to flawless and what was even better is the naval combat. The graphics were great and the A.I needed a tiny bit more work but still it was great. The only bad thing is the multiplayer was greatly uninspired and nobody likes the Desmond part. Overall, great game.
  12. Jan 27, 2014
    great game based on historical things if you like both history and action by the game multiplier is worth it by itself. i love history thinking it would be stupid i let it wait until iv came out decided to try it best choice in my life.
  13. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Is this assassin's creed or melee creed? What the hell were they thinking making this? The city is cluttered and stuffy with nowhere to really utilize the game mechanics. The guards are a joke. The story itself is tedious and unbelievable, even for a video game. The pacing is abysmal and clumsy the whole way through. The best part of it is the beginning with the boats. After that I'm at a loss for how they could think this would be a good game. Expand
  14. Apr 13, 2014
    This game being my first time playing anything from the Assassin's Creed franchise I was very impressed at how the story plays out, the game play, and just the look back in history premise these games bring. If you were to ask me what I thought about this game a little over a year ago I would have said it was fantastic!
    However after playing AC2, I became more and more disappointed in
    what AC3 was.
    This is still a good game (don't get me wrong) but it just does not compare to the previous entries in the franchise.

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]