Banjo-Kazooie Xbox 360

8.2

1. Nov 17, 2012
    Back in 1998 when Rare was actually a video game company, they released Banjo - Kazooie, a platformer which could compete against Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time to be the best game on the system. 10 years later, this masterpiece has been re-released and it is as good as ever.

In a quest to save your little sister Tootie from the evil which Gruntilda, you take controll of Banjo and his trusty feathered companion Kazooie to stop her. In Gruntildas Lair which serves as a hub world, you will find world gates and a corresponding portrait. In each of the 9 distinct worlds, you will find 10 jigsaw pieces - or just "jiggies" - which are used to fill up a portrait to then unlock the next world. Clever puzzle solving and mad platforming skills has to be used to acquire these jiggies in each world. While the jiggies are the main collectible, this game has so many things to collect to help in your journey.

While the classic and marvelous soundtrack still sounds great today, the graphics has gotten an improvement. while the game still looks like an N64 game, it has gotten a very nice HD paint job. While it might not impress someone, it still looks very beautiful.

There is not a whole lot to say anymore. This downloadable game wont break the boundaries like it did 10 years ago, but it still can be considered to be at the top of its class,even among today's standard. The gameplay is spot on, the controlls are perfect, the envoirment is creative and beautiful, a memorable soundtrack and with tons of secrets and collectibles to find makes this game one of the most complete packages of all time. With new additions to the XBLA version being leaderboards and a fully intergrates Stop 'N' Swop function, Banjo-Kazooie will last you a long time and is among the best out there!
  2. EvanB.
    Jan 1, 2009
    This is a fantastic game that is the most underrated game on Xbox Live! I love how the Stop-and-Swap features are back from the N64 days, but this time they work! All you need is to have a Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts save file in your system, and the Ice Key and secret eggs are unlocked and able to be collected! This is one of my favorite games of all time, and you will not beThis is a fantastic game that is the most underrated game on Xbox Live! I love how the Stop-and-Swap features are back from the N64 days, but this time they work! All you need is to have a Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts save file in your system, and the Ice Key and secret eggs are unlocked and able to be collected! This is one of my favorite games of all time, and you will not be disappointed with this one - a must download! Expand
  3. EvanB.
    Dec 7, 2008
    This is a fantastic download with some of the catchiest music I have ever listened to in a video game! I can play this game all day long and not realize where the day has gone! This is a fantastic platformer download with over 20-30 hours of gameplay! Don't hesitate - DOWNLOAD it!
  4. StuartHunt
    Jan 13, 2009
    It's still one of the best platformers made and even feels fresh in some ways today. If you enjoy collecting things and like platformers, you won't be disappointed - despite what EuroGamer say! It is pricier than it should be (especially when you already own it!) and although the textures look very basic in places on a big HDTV, you do get used to it.
  5. MT
    Feb 22, 2009
    Banjo-Kazooie still manages to recreate the classic N64 original's style by creating the great level designs, superb and fun gameplay, and the easy-to-pick-up-and-play controls that the N64 version's had. While a fun and brilliant recreated platformer, and a stunningly detailed puzzler, it still doesn't have the feel that the Nintendo 64 version had, albeit with such promise.
  6. HagenM.
    Dec 3, 2008
    What a blast from the past. I never owned this game but have had the pleasure to play it at friend's houses when I was 7-10. I see what I was missing. Nostalgia is a must here.
  7. SparksterK.
    Dec 7, 2008
    I think Eurogamers review is a bit harsh. There are a few annoyances with the controls, but they should not be enough to put you off. The characters, a nice mix of exploration and platforming, and just the general charm of this game make it a winner in my books. It has a very fun feel to it, which a lot of modern games sadly don't these days, epically performers. You could do much I think Eurogamers review is a bit harsh. There are a few annoyances with the controls, but they should not be enough to put you off. The characters, a nice mix of exploration and platforming, and just the general charm of this game make it a winner in my books. It has a very fun feel to it, which a lot of modern games sadly don't these days, epically performers. You could do much worse than try the trial and see for yourself. And in the intro when they are playing the instruments is and always will be amazing. Expand
  8. DylanR.
    Dec 8, 2008
    Re-experience the fun of running through the nine worlds collecting music notes, saving jingos, and solving interesting puzzles to collect the jiggies that will leave you one step closer to facing Gruntilda. The music is also a nice touch, it really captures the areas that they play in. Never have I heard anything so absurd, as the adventures of a bear and bird.
  9. SteveL.
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clearly Eurogamer is in the minority with there 50 score. I never played this game when it originally came out. After purchasing BK:N&B online and having to wait a few days for it to be delivered I decided to try this one. I am so glad that I did. It is really good! And it holds up extremely well (much better than Mario 64 IMO). The graphic look good enough so that I don't feel like Clearly Eurogamer is in the minority with there 50 score. I never played this game when it originally came out. After purchasing BK:N&B online and having to wait a few days for it to be delivered I decided to try this one. I am so glad that I did. It is really good! And it holds up extremely well (much better than Mario 64 IMO). The graphic look good enough so that I don't feel like I am gonna go blind and the camera is good 80% of the time. Really enjoying this one. Now I see why fans are complaining about the new direction for Nuts and Bolts. A modern BK in the same vein as the old one would have worked very well IMO. While I do like the new game, I hope they release a "Real" Banjo Kazooie sequel someday. Expand
  10. BrentL.
    Dec 21, 2008
    Regardless of what the critics say, if you enjoyed this game as a kid you will enjoy it even more now. Several improvements, such as not having to recollect all notes upon every death, polish this platforming masterpiece. With being able to unlock features and parts in Nuts n' Bolts through this game, the benefits just keep coming. The one thing I would've liked to have seen Regardless of what the critics say, if you enjoyed this game as a kid you will enjoy it even more now. Several improvements, such as not having to recollect all notes upon every death, polish this platforming masterpiece. With being able to unlock features and parts in Nuts n' Bolts through this game, the benefits just keep coming. The one thing I would've liked to have seen from Rare was MORE additions to this masterpiece, but this was totally worth the 1,200 MS points for me. In short, if you like platformers at all, or you enjoy a fun, lighthearted story, you will enjoy this game. Expand
  11. Oct 21, 2010
    A real classic. To be fair this game has a few small annoyances but none of these will really bother you if you're experienced with old-school gameplay styles (like me.) It's right up there with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 on my list of great N64 games, possibly even surpassing both of them because it's just so much fun. Ignore the negative reviews like the one from Eurogamer if you loveA real classic. To be fair this game has a few small annoyances but none of these will really bother you if you're experienced with old-school gameplay styles (like me.) It's right up there with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 on my list of great N64 games, possibly even surpassing both of them because it's just so much fun. Ignore the negative reviews like the one from Eurogamer if you love older platformers, because Banjo-Kazooie is one of the best. Expand
  12. Mar 26, 2012
    Quite possibly THE best retro 3D platformer you can get your hands on for 360. Now if only they could get Super Mario 64 on here......
    I played and completed both Kazooie & Tooie first and second time around and even though you can get them running smooth enough on emulators who wouldn't pay for this one again.
    Truly one of the classics from the 64bit era & I still have both in cartridge
    Truly one of the classics from the 64bit era & I still have both in cartridge form for N64
  13. Sep 7, 2011
    Great N64 era game, memorable characters, great locations and a wise cracking bird.
    Only marred by a sometimes silly camera positioning...
    Recommend to All, Great game!
  14. Mar 25, 2016
    Tedious platforming, poor fighting mechanics, confusing swimming controls, horrible mini games, repetitive challenges, and an insulting pop quiz level comprise the complete failure that is Banjo-Kazooie. It is a nostalgia driven experience beyond anything else.
  15. May 22, 2012
    One of the best adventure arcades ever made. The graphic may be old compared to the modern games, but the fun is the same as in the N64. Absolutely must have.
  16. Jan 16, 2013
    Banjo Kazooie is one of my childhood favorites, but several problems hold this game back from being as great as the original release. 1. No note collecting penalty. When you die, the notes don't reset. This was either poorly influenced by Tooie or the result of a problem with leader boards. 2. The note glitch. It is possible that some notes will just disappear or never load in any save.Banjo Kazooie is one of my childhood favorites, but several problems hold this game back from being as great as the original release. 1. No note collecting penalty. When you die, the notes don't reset. This was either poorly influenced by Tooie or the result of a problem with leader boards. 2. The note glitch. It is possible that some notes will just disappear or never load in any save. This wouldn't be a problem if it happened early in the game, but it rears it's head in the final level which means you'll be spending another 2-8 hours replaying to get that achievement or complete the game 100%. 3. Jinjos can't be recollected. This and notes gave the game replay value without starting a new game on the N64, the lack of this feature is the final point holding it back from being a great remake. Expand
  17. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is not to great in my opinion. I love collectibles and this game is known for its collectibles, but the actual game play make it hard to enjoy the game as a whole. I feel that the game is very good game if you want to go on a collectible binge. The main problem I have with this game is that everyone has a cult following and loves this game and I can't figure out why. It has a fewThis game is not to great in my opinion. I love collectibles and this game is known for its collectibles, but the actual game play make it hard to enjoy the game as a whole. I feel that the game is very good game if you want to go on a collectible binge. The main problem I have with this game is that everyone has a cult following and loves this game and I can't figure out why. It has a few problems with it that I would consider nit picking like the side characters but the main problems are to big not to note. The first problem is that the worlds are way to big for there own good, second; the enemies are silly looking and that's really annoying to me, Mario has great enemies and are not silly looking for the most part but god knows that banjo-kazooie has some really dumb enemies, like the purple trolls or Sir Slush. Finally goggles is really useless outside of giving banjo and kazooie. Seriously he does nothing outside of teaching you how to spit eggs. That been said, there are parts of this game that are amazing for example Gruntilda is really great. She is silly but I like that about her. To may bad guys are crazy serious about there goal. In legend of zelda, all the bad guys are just monsters and know that they are not to be messed with, in banjo-kazooie however Gruntilda is just silly. Her goal is to be beautiful and that's it no world domination, no Genesis nothing but smooth skin and long curves for this evil witch. If the villain in this game is good then you know the hero has to be just as good and better. Banjo-kazooie is a great character they are for lack of a better term unique. At the time there were only a few good characters that had fur, this characters made the standard and even if the sequels were that wont make this game any worse but it will make this game end a little bit sad. I recommend this game to those who want a old game that changed a lot in games. Expand
  18. Jul 15, 2016
    Banjo and Kazooie will always have a special place in my heart and in my childhood. While everyone else talked about the times they played Crash Bandicoot as a kid, I would talk about my favourite bear and bird duo. "Banjo Kazooie" was the best platformer I have played; it was so clever in design, and it had so many puzzles, and the worlds were so expansive and so much fun to explore. I amBanjo and Kazooie will always have a special place in my heart and in my childhood. While everyone else talked about the times they played Crash Bandicoot as a kid, I would talk about my favourite bear and bird duo. "Banjo Kazooie" was the best platformer I have played; it was so clever in design, and it had so many puzzles, and the worlds were so expansive and so much fun to explore. I am so glad that it was remastered on Xbox 360, because, then, I can enjoy the game all over again as an adult. Expand
  19. Jul 11, 2015
    This game, is quite simply, almost perfect. The over-world is designed beautifully. It's not too big, and it allows you to go exploring, whilst still keeping you on a path throughout the lair. The levels are great. They allow you to come back to them and slowly unlock more knowledge about them until you get every puzzle piece and honeycomb imaginable! Discovery is not too cryptic, and theThis game, is quite simply, almost perfect. The over-world is designed beautifully. It's not too big, and it allows you to go exploring, whilst still keeping you on a path throughout the lair. The levels are great. They allow you to come back to them and slowly unlock more knowledge about them until you get every puzzle piece and honeycomb imaginable! Discovery is not too cryptic, and the game always gives hints towards what to do, without making it obvious. You really have to think, and that's what I love about this game. The world is full of secrets that have simple puzzles blocking your way to them. When you solve the puzzle, it's so satisfying! Mix that with good platforming, and you have the formula for a great game. However, when I say "good" platforming, I mean "good" and not "great", as the world is more set around problem solving. The graphics are nice and colourful, and the music is catchy. I like the way Banjo controls, though it took some getting used to. This game has a great merging of player and world! One problem however is that occasionally with the way the control is implemented, it can sometimes be frustrating in a part of the level, like in the part of Freezeezy Peak where you have to hit the alligators. it's weirdly non-functional! One of the other few flaws is the generic story, but since the game pays such a small amount of attention to it, it hardly matters. I LOVE this game, and give it a 9.5 (though because Metacritic doesn't have decimal ratings, I have to give it a 10) Expand
  20. Aug 30, 2014
    First game i ever played and probably one of the best game i played too. Even if it has been a long time since the game was shipped, i would still put it in my top 5 favorite game because as a kid i spent hours and hours in front of my television trying to get every puzzle pieces in each world and to this day i still play it from time to time because it's such a good game.
  21. Jul 3, 2016
    The bear and bird are on the Xbox 360? Well call me Bubsy what could possibly go wrong? Nothing went wrong in this game it's just like the N64 version but with better graphics. Not as perfect as the N64 version but it's still a perfect game.
  22. Nov 17, 2012

1. With a solid level design, unique transformation mechanic, and plenty of loveable charm, Banjo- Kazooie still holds up well to the stringent of today's gaming market.
    Banjo-Kazooie is a great game for a kid to play around with, something that the 360 library is often lacking, but many people will find this style of gameplay outdated by modern standards.
  3. Varied controls, unique challenges, and kooky characters make this old-timer a worthwhile blast from the past. [Holiday 2008, p.73]