5.1

1. Apr 14, 2011
    This game is awful, even for an XBL arcade game. As a modern FPS, it has some glaring errors that I'm surprised the developers didn't take the time to fix. The controls are slow and sluggish, forcing you to move around from battle to battle in tiny, fenced in maps to kill a few aliens and repeat... over and over and over. The character models don't even look down the barrels of their guns,This game is awful, even for an XBL arcade game. As a modern FPS, it has some glaring errors that I'm surprised the developers didn't take the time to fix. The controls are slow and sluggish, forcing you to move around from battle to battle in tiny, fenced in maps to kill a few aliens and repeat... over and over and over. The character models don't even look down the barrels of their guns, but stare off to the side while they fire to the front. The AI is a joke and basically consists of "pop up here, then fire from here till the player kills you".

The audio is annoying as you'll hear the same things from your AI "allies" repeated about 10 times per level. The cut scenes look like they were made in a high school animation class - think low budget south park. Even on the hardest setting the game is easy completely killing replay value.

The positives of getting to lay waste to aliens as a marine gets old after the first level and you feel like you're being punished for buying the game. I think the only positive reviews are by the developers themselves or poor souls who are gullible enough to appreciate any rushed, half-developed game made to increase sales based on a weak IP.
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    This was fun! I played it on all four difficulty levels, and enjoyed opening up all the cool modes and mods and videos and artwork--plus the last level is seriously hard. Overall, I think it looks better (shadows, lights, effects, texturing, and on) than Call of Duty . It was a bargain at under ten bucks. I'm kind of shocked that I actually enjoyed a movie licensed game. And it wasn't asThis was fun! I played it on all four difficulty levels, and enjoyed opening up all the cool modes and mods and videos and artwork--plus the last level is seriously hard. Overall, I think it looks better (shadows, lights, effects, texturing, and on) than Call of Duty . It was a bargain at under ten bucks. I'm kind of shocked that I actually enjoyed a movie licensed game. And it wasn't as short as some people in forums noted. I'm not the fastest player on the planet, but beating it on all four difficulty levels was most of my day (after I saw a Battle Los Angeles Matinà Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    For an arcade game it was better than expected but still very repetitive. I bought it after I saw the film and it was neat seeing the same faces among the crowd. If you love arcade games and have an extra 800 MSP laying around then this might not be a bad buy. Just dont expect to get hours of play out of it.
  4. Mar 22, 2011
    What a happy surprise. This looks and feels like a regular game instead of an Xbox Arcade title. It was in 3D--and played very well. Opening up all the unlockable content was a blast--and playing an Arcade title that looked as good as a full price game at less than ten bucks had me feeling like it was by far the best money I've spent on the Xbox this year. Go Battle: LA.
  5. Apr 23, 2011
    Positives: The game is mercifully short. Negatives: This game is awful! NPC's look to the side while firing forward. Too short, overpriced, terrible fps. The cut scenes are laughable and even on the hardest setting this game is too easy. Ignore the inflated ratings by HG42, which is obviously a clone account sent to skew the score as this is his/her only review.
  6. Sep 10, 2011
    I'm going to give this game the benefit of the doubt... The developer for all I know, and through all my research probably had less than a year, maybe even a month to make this game, and for under a year/months work this game isn't half bad and is really good, as long as you play it like it's an Alpha. But that's just the thing, nobody, except Bobby Kotick, should have to pay $10 for anI'm going to give this game the benefit of the doubt... The developer for all I know, and through all my research probably had less than a year, maybe even a month to make this game, and for under a year/months work this game isn't half bad and is really good, as long as you play it like it's an Alpha. But that's just the thing, nobody, except Bobby Kotick, should have to pay $10 for an Alpha. Those are usually free & leaked. Expand
  7. Jul 21, 2011
    When I found this game on XBLA a few months back I wasn't too sure what to expect. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. Anyway it was only 800 ms points and I like the fps genre so I downloaded it. About 45 minutes later I beat it on the normal difficulty. Needless to say it left a very very sour taste in my mouth. Where should I start? Should I talk about the lack of weapons? There areWhen I found this game on XBLA a few months back I wasn't too sure what to expect. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. Anyway it was only 800 ms points and I like the fps genre so I downloaded it. About 45 minutes later I beat it on the normal difficulty. Needless to say it left a very very sour taste in my mouth. Where should I start? Should I talk about the lack of weapons? There are only 3 plus useless grenades. The lack of enemy types? There is only 3. How about the bad acting, or intermissions? Well, at least I got some easy achievements from my 45 mins. The developers couldn't even get those right. One would figure that when you beat the game on normal or hard (its not really hard at all) that you would get the achievements from the lower difficulties if you hadn't gotten them already. Nope, instead the game forces you to play though 3 times to get em all. Finally how about the games glitches. On my several short playthroughs of both the 360, and PS3 versions I encountered numerous glitches. These ranged from standard freezing, to doors that are supposed to open not opening. Didn't this game go through bug testing?

In the end the only people who should buy this game are achievement/trophy whores. Even then I would hold out and hope they lower the price to $5 as as $10 is simply too much.
  8. Apr 10, 2012
    This is a short FPS with Aliens, based on the movie, for 800MS Points: actually I find this game fun. It have COD 4 graphics (er not bad), with a nice theme, a nice but repetitive gameplay (actually it's a nice shooter), it's an easy 200GS, for a price of 800MS points (when it was launched, a just price, nowadays it would be fair 600MS Points). But have downsides: it's very short (3 mainThis is a short FPS with Aliens, based on the movie, for 800MS Points: actually I find this game fun. It have COD 4 graphics (er not bad), with a nice theme, a nice but repetitive gameplay (actually it's a nice shooter), it's an easy 200GS, for a price of 800MS points (when it was launched, a just price, nowadays it would be fair 600MS Points). But have downsides: it's very short (3 main missions), few weapons (machine gun, sniper rifle, grenades, rocket launcher and the Hummer machine gun), with cutscenes made with archaic, hand drawn, still scenes. My score: 6,5 / 10,0 . Expand
  9. Apr 11, 2012
    This game is bad, ok, the movie can have some moments, but the game is terrible, is expensive, and is short, when you believe that you finish "the first mission" you finish the game. A big disaster.

1. Jun 18, 2011
    Although the looks of Battle: Los Angeles are acceptable, the length of the game is not. The price doesn't justify the quality of the game and you'll find yourself longing for a good game even before you reach the end of this incredibly mediocre game, that doesn't even last two hours.
  2. May 26, 2011
    A middle-classed first person-shooter for fans of the motion picture as well as hunters of aliens – not innovative at all, but solid in action and presentation.
  3. May 22, 2011