7.8

1. Dec 21, 2010
    Graphics: 10 - Same BC2 graphics that are amazing and destructible. They eat up all the system resources at 720p and deserve nothing less than a 10.
    Playability: 10 - Easily playable, Control scheme is nice, and everything works as intended.
    Sounds: 10 - Amazing guns sounds, and now 40 Vietnam era songs that play in vehicles. Value: 9 - You get 4 (5 with the community challenge) large
    Value: 9 - You get 4 (5 with the community challenge) large maps, 15 new guns, 6 new vehicles, 40 songs, Vietnam settings, and all for $15.
    Replayability: 9 - Everything seems perfect, my only gripe is that once ingame, you feel like you lack weaponry. Most weapons are unlocked from the start, and you only get about 3 choices with each class (excluding allkits). There is only the RPG, no M72 Law, and you can't fire smoke grenades (a dire need on a couple maps for rush).

Conclusion: 9.4 - Since this a multilayer only expansion, the total score is heavily based on the value and replayability. I have seen very few expansions that are this good and are this cheap.
  2. Apr 24, 2011
    Bad Company 2 takes the FPS genre and brings some refreshing changes into the mix, especially with its multiplayer component. The campaign is fun, the story isn't fantastic but there are some interesting sections to play through and the characters have some mildly amusing dialogue, although not as much as the first game. The online multiplayer is where this game really impresses. There areBad Company 2 takes the FPS genre and brings some refreshing changes into the mix, especially with its multiplayer component. The campaign is fun, the story isn't fantastic but there are some interesting sections to play through and the characters have some mildly amusing dialogue, although not as much as the first game. The online multiplayer is where this game really impresses. There are only 3 modes, squad death match is where 4 teams of 4 players go around the map and try to reach 40 kills before any other. Rush involves one team of 12 attempting to destroy two points before advancing, up to five times depending on the map, and doing so again. Conquest is the classic Battlefield game type where 12v12 teams attempt to gain control of flags and elimate all enemy respawn tickets (250 each I think); the more flags you hold, the easier is it to deplete their tickets. There are four combat classes, assault where you get access to many assault rifles, and have the ability to resupply comrades with ammunition to earn extra points. Engineer has access to silenced SMGs and RPGs, as well as the ability to repair friendly vehicles, or hi-jacked enemy ones. The Medic class can revive recently killed team mates, as well as supply health packs to those who have been badly wounded in a gunfight; this class can use machine guns. The Recon class has access to sniper rifles, and can stay back from the main fight a spot enemies (all players can spot, but recon class can spot from a distance and pick off enemies). Recon can call in mortar strikes on a position.

The maps are huge and destructible, virtually every building and tree can be razed to the ground and huge craters appear in the ground where mortar fire rains down. You can play with 4-squad mates, whom you can chat with, and you can respawn on them if they're in trouble or safe, depending on how daring you are. Respawning is the best of any online shooter, you only get killed on spawning if you spawn on a squadmate in imminent danger. You can spawn quite safely in the team's base. Vehicles play a huge part, with different kinds of choppers and tanks and others to take the attack to the enemies. The guns looks and sound fantastic, and with the volume turned up and 'War Tapes' sound setting on, it really immerses you into a proper battle. Be warned, if you're used to playing Call of Duty, there is a steep learning curve to get used to the heavier feel of the game, but once you get through it, there is no game better at making you feel like part of a battle or part of a team. It's the best online shooter out there, so give it a go.
  3. Feb 15, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company series is my second favourite shooter behind Gears of War, and this add on pretty good. However the Vietnam setting and weaponry is so frustrating at times, as all the foliage has turned it into a campers paradise. Also the US soldiers are far more heavily armed than the N.V.A, and leveling up of weapons is a mystery! If it was 800 points then I would have given itBattlefield Bad Company series is my second favourite shooter behind Gears of War, and this add on pretty good. However the Vietnam setting and weaponry is so frustrating at times, as all the foliage has turned it into a campers paradise. Also the US soldiers are far more heavily armed than the N.V.A, and leveling up of weapons is a mystery! If it was 800 points then I would have given it an eight, but there isn't enough for me to justify buying it for 1200 points. Good but not great, went back to playing the normal Bad Company multiplayer after a few days. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2011
    Best DLC of last year. Easily worth the 1200MS points. More of Battlefield's unique brand of strategy and mayhem. The graphics seem to look better than in the original game. The sounds and soundtrack are fantastic. 5 maps, of which two are outstanding (only one poor one in my opinion).

If you like Battlefield get this now.
  5. Jan 28, 2011
    I have been playing battlefield since 1942 came out and since then the franchise has lost a bit of its luster in my eyes. Battlefield 2142 was a sham and battlefield 2 had an extremely short lifespan thanks to COD 4 (online multiplayer wise). Even Battlefield BFBC2 felt a bit rehashed. With Vietnam all my angst has been washed away. I have a blast every time I play. From Fortunate SonI have been playing battlefield since 1942 came out and since then the franchise has lost a bit of its luster in my eyes. Battlefield 2142 was a sham and battlefield 2 had an extremely short lifespan thanks to COD 4 (online multiplayer wise). Even Battlefield BFBC2 felt a bit rehashed. With Vietnam all my angst has been washed away. I have a blast every time I play. From Fortunate Son blasting from the choppers to the dirt on my M-16 this game gets the Vietnam atmosphere spot on. I would have thought that having everything unlocked from the get-go and having no attachments would take away from the joy, but it does nothing but enhance it. With downgraded weaponry, fire discipline becomes paramount and decides who wins a firefight, not who has unlocked the better scope and the upgraded ammo. The maps are fun even after hours of playing them over and over. The Hill ### (forgot which 3 numbers go there) map blew me away and by far is the best I've played in any battlefield game to date. Expand
  6. Dec 21, 2010
    Where the onslaught expansion failed to bring long lasting fun and value, Vietnam more than makes up for it. You can enjoy a fully new multiplayer experience with realistic, original and authentic radio voices and music as well as be stunned by the new maps (with a new one promised very soon by DICE). If you were a massive fan of the multiplayer of BC2, then this is highly recommended asWhere the onslaught expansion failed to bring long lasting fun and value, Vietnam more than makes up for it. You can enjoy a fully new multiplayer experience with realistic, original and authentic radio voices and music as well as be stunned by the new maps (with a new one promised very soon by DICE). If you were a massive fan of the multiplayer of BC2, then this is highly recommended as the experience is the same at heart yet feels like something completely new - and the end product is amazing! If however, you are a CoD regular, and never quite understood Bad company 2, then save your money for the later to be released "black ops map packs" being released next year. In conclusion, it is definitely better value for money than onslaught, the new maps are simply stunning, the battlefield feeling is still there but brought into a new package Expand
  7. Jan 7, 2011
    Total waste of money. If I could I would return the game in two seconds. I love BF BC2, but this is a whack expansion. The games never last long enough to have fun, the maps are small, chopper gets shot down way to quickly to have any fun. Save your money for Battlefield 3, this game is enjoyable for about 1 week and then it just gets frustrating to play.
  8. Dec 22, 2010
    Great game, great expansion. If you have ever played 1942 you will love this. Has a really classic battlefield feel to it mixed with BFBC2, the maps are great too. Loads of authentic music which adds real character, and the gun skins are ten times better than black ops. Well worth the 10quid or so to add hours more playability to battlefield a must buy for all BFBC2 fans!
  9. Apr 1, 2011
    Out of this great multiplayer expansion, I lament only two things: Lack of weapons and the Huey has the armor of a soda can. Maps are good, but Cao Son Temple and Phu Bai Valley are camper's paradise. The lack of weapons really hurt this game, and if there were even just two more weapons in each class, and you had to unlock them, this would easily be a 10. But Hill 137, however, is.... IOut of this great multiplayer expansion, I lament only two things: Lack of weapons and the Huey has the armor of a soda can. Maps are good, but Cao Son Temple and Phu Bai Valley are camper's paradise. The lack of weapons really hurt this game, and if there were even just two more weapons in each class, and you had to unlock them, this would easily be a 10. But Hill 137, however, is.... I can't even describe how gorgeous and amazing this map is. If you complain about PBR boats, your just sitting out in the open! And, one final word and complaint. The Huey. Its powerful, but it gets shot down WAY to easily. The Blackhawk in BC2 never got shot down this easily... I was expecting some ass-kicking missle launching armored death! But, I get a poorly armored, Powerful, But only the missles are good. I can't recall being more disappointed in a gameplay feature. If my two complaints were solved, this would be 2985492845984305893284590284390532905809283290523 googloplex times 3 million Expand
  10. Jan 14, 2011
    Just received the game for X-mas. I am a long time gamer since the start of gaming, seen it all. Played a bit of the campaign but mostly on X-box live. Lets start with the graphics that everybody is saying so great. My TV is 53" 6 year old HD projection (witch weren't that great to start with) so the graphics look like sh** and I have trouble seeing enemies and tanks even close up someJust received the game for X-mas. I am a long time gamer since the start of gaming, seen it all. Played a bit of the campaign but mostly on X-box live. Lets start with the graphics that everybody is saying so great. My TV is 53" 6 year old HD projection (witch weren't that great to start with) so the graphics look like sh** and I have trouble seeing enemies and tanks even close up some times, you have to look for motion for something to stand out. Especially with all the constant smoke and dust obscuring visibility. You shoot an enemy up and a cloud of smoke obstructs further aiming. Not knowing where your enemies are is very realistic but it seems like most of the times you die you never see it coming, sometime the radar will light up enemies when they are shooting at you but allot of times it doesn't which is very frustrating because you can't rely on it. They are trying to take 3D life where you have your 6 senses working 360 degrees and peripheral vision - and then translate it to 2D which doesn't work. They have to give you alternate senses to rely on to replace the ones lost. Allot of times it ends up being just a free fraul off killing and deaths unless you are on a drastically winning team or are on a private chat with 3 other friends to coordinate attacks and expose enemies by sacrificing your own. The ability to respawn on your own personal and bases makes dying only a minor inconvenience adding to the free fraul. In conquest respawning only at home base would solve this plus being made to take bases in order and the game ending when you posses all the bases would eliminate the craziness and late game home base blood baths creating a straight forward goal based battle. The next biggest frustration with the game is getting stuck on you surroundings either waking or driving. When walking anything over 6 inches tall (step height) stops you dead forcing you to jump as well as hills you think you should be able to climb up stop you and you sit there jumping like an idiot trying to get up. You will end up pulling your hair out because of this. When driving a tank you get stuck on almost everything. There is not much that can stop a tank in real life but when you get stuck on a wooden fence or building it's frustrating. Some things come down easy an others do not - very frustrating You should be able to flatten the grass/bamboo/tin huts in the Vietnam version without even slowing down. Some will break with effort but by then you are dead from enemy fire that you can't locate it's origin . Next is the weapons capabilities, as you build rand they give you more weapons not necessarily better ones. As you scroll thought the list of weapons you can't compare them directly, you find two you like at opposite ends of the list and by the time you scroll from one to the other you can't hardly remember where the bar was - to solve this give the power / accuracy / range bars a numerical value. As well the ability to only use one spec in each of the three spec columns is a piss off. You put hundreds of hours into the game to earn this stuff and only get to use 3. They make you choose between armor or ammo, targeting systems or speedy reloading ect............................It feels like all the time and progress is futile. You should be able to use them all, you put the time in you reap the benefits. If it gives you to much of an advantage make them harder to get or set up games where your entrance depends on ability. Low rank players play with other low rankers ect... Another thing that is frustrating is the aiming ability, whenever you hit the button it seems like I am always pointing at the enemies feet. If you set the sensitivity low it moves to slow and you end up dead, too fast and you over shoot the target every time, I can't seem to find a happy middle ground. Always liked some sort of mild auto aiming. Lastly the gun sights projected out in front of you whether walking or driving are either white or lighted red or blue. The white being the worst, you have a hard time seeing them especially when going though like back ground colours or smoke. Half the time you can't tell where you are aiming. The 4x red dot scope is a great spec but you have to pass up other good specs to use it. I should have waited for version 3. I hope they address all the problems with #2 and fire all their testers and hire some that know what they are doing and have some balls to say that the game isn't ready yet!â Expand
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    Fantastic maps, great atmosphere, and authentic battle chatter on each side make for one great expansion that is not to be missed. Worth every penny! I just wish you could call in napalm strikes! Maybe for Bad Company 3? Close air support, A10's and such? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge;)
  12. Oct 15, 2011
    I don't know why an expansion has to mean less weapons and less new stuff. It's nothing impressive. It's funny but DICE could have done it better. The Vietnam atmosphere is great anyways... but it has nothing to do with his big brother "Bad Company 2". This expansion is fine, but I expected much more from Battlefield.
  13. Mar 11, 2011
    Very solid DLC. Each class gets 3 new weapons, plus the M2 Flamethrower is available for all classes. New maps, new vehicles, and music from the period blasting from vehicle speakers. Generally, this expansion pack is lighter on vehicle combat than the core game, which is either good or bad depending on what you want in a Battlefield experience. Operation Hastings and Phu Bai ValleyVery solid DLC. Each class gets 3 new weapons, plus the M2 Flamethrower is available for all classes. New maps, new vehicles, and music from the period blasting from vehicle speakers. Generally, this expansion pack is lighter on vehicle combat than the core game, which is either good or bad depending on what you want in a Battlefield experience. Operation Hastings and Phu Bai Valley should have enough vehicles to keep you happy, whereas Kao Son Temple, Hill 137, and Vantage Point play out as more of an infantry meatgrinder. Expand
  14. Apr 17, 2011
    Overall: 9/10 This is a sick game people. If you are as tired as i am playing cod and are looking for something fresh try out bc2. In my opinion by far better than the call of duty series anyways.
  15. Mar 4, 2011
    I am disappointed, in this expansion. Only 4 maps (with many glitch spots on each) and very limited weapons (3 per class) left me wanting more. The only difference between this and the (much better) game is the lack of optics. I say pass unless you have achieved everything you want in the original game.
  16. Mar 6, 2011
    Extremely fun DLC. Definitely my favorite of the year. Honestly I think this is a better version than the actual game. The songs are great choices for Vietnam era and of course the sound is terrific which is something I have come to expect from DICE.
  17. Mar 13, 2011
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was not a game I use to like because Modern Warfare 2 was my favourite game, but when I got Black Ops I was getting tired of Call of Duty. Now that I played the game it is my Call of Duty Killer. The online is fantastic and with Vietnam is just outstanding, Vietnam is a new and fresh experience with new weapons from the Vietnam era which has totally balanced theBattlefield: Bad Company 2 was not a game I use to like because Modern Warfare 2 was my favourite game, but when I got Black Ops I was getting tired of Call of Duty. Now that I played the game it is my Call of Duty Killer. The online is fantastic and with Vietnam is just outstanding, Vietnam is a new and fresh experience with new weapons from the Vietnam era which has totally balanced the classes.

The maps are well designed and I have discovered no bugs or glitches on 360 or even PC, but some say they have and I've never found any or they were patched up.
    The environments are nice and big, no campers, boosters won't survive thanks to the destructible environments which change the map's experience so that you feel it's not just the same thing over and over. But will it last? The expansion pack contains 5 maps and in my opinion it's not enough, sure its worth 1200 Microsoft Points (£10/$15 on PSN or PC). A good price, better then Black Ops First strike. But if your going to buy it for the first time in 2011 then you'll have a blast! But if you don't like old shooter types then you shouldn't buy it. But BattleField 3 won't be out for quite some time until the Beta comes out on September.

But this expansion pack is going to last a lifetime, it has some bad sides but minor ones. But if your bored of Call of Duty and need a new FPS, you have bought the right game. A must buy.
  18. Apr 1, 2011
    Vietnam is just like the crappy multiplayer from the regular game, only this is with crappier older guns. It's barely playable for me. I played it for achievements. STRICTLY achievements.
  19. Mar 31, 2011
    Well worth the money, especially when compared to the garbage cod usually comes out with. The overall expirience is well balanced and this provides a nice change of pace from the original bfbc 2.
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam is the only big expansion released for Bad Company 2 and is priced at 800 Microsoft Points. The expansion includes new achievements, new weapons, new vehicles, new maps and a new era, plus a flamethrower. Vietnam has a grainy look to it, but it fits the Vietnam setting. With the expansion you'll find some classic Vietnam weapons like the M16A1, AK-47,Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam is the only big expansion released for Bad Company 2 and is priced at 800 Microsoft Points. The expansion includes new achievements, new weapons, new vehicles, new maps and a new era, plus a flamethrower. Vietnam has a grainy look to it, but it fits the Vietnam setting. With the expansion you'll find some classic Vietnam weapons like the M16A1, AK-47, M40A1, SVD and M60. A couple of the weapons you'll find here were also in the base Bad Company 2, like the M60, 870 MCS, M60 and Uzi, however, they are not just copies, they have new looks as well as modified stats to fit Vietnam's new damage model. And yes, in Vietnam, the weapon damage has been increased, in just about everything except the snipers which still require a headshot to kill (and are still overpowered as hell in hardcore). To fit with the Vietnam setting, some specs like pretty much all the sights except the 12X scope, and the coaxial LMG(replaced with a coazial flamethrower) have been removed. The Flamethrower (primary weapon) is really good and seems to be balanced, and lets you torch your enemies and your surroundings. The new vehicles are pretty basic, couple jeeps, couple tanks, couple helicopers (all of which have much weaker armour than in the base game), and the game includes 5 maps, all of which are available for use in all game modes. Now, consider all of this for $10, then consider the $15 COD maps maps (for 5 maps, some of which are reused from previous titles). Is Bad Company 2 Vietnam worth it? 5 maps, almost 10 new vehicles, about 15 new weapons, and the whole new era, absolutely. If you enjoyed Bad Company 2, so long as you don't have a problem with Vietnam, you should definitely take 10 of those 15 bucks you were going to spend on the new COD maps and get some more Bad Company 2 content for a much better deal. Expand
  21. Nov 23, 2012
    I love BC2, but I could have lived without this expansion. Its more maps and more guns, and its worth the money but I dont care for the guns or the maps. So this was a waste of money for me personally.
  22. Apr 24, 2011

1. Mar 7, 2011
    With five new maps, new weapons and vehicles, Vietnam is a good multiplayer-expansion to 2010s best first person shooter. Although a new mode would have given the package more meat to the bone, there is plenty of napalm to go around.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company Vietnam breathes new life in a game that already felt alive. It delivers a very memorable gaming experience, and is well worth the money.
  3. Feb 18, 2011