8.6

1. Dec 18, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest online FPS of all time! Obviously it has fault at some points (campaign isn't great) but the online aspect of the game is outstanding. The maps are huge, they provide different sorts of enviroments and best of all, something that most online games struggle at, they are BALANCED. DICE really have discovered hidden treasureBattlefield Bad Company 2 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest online FPS of all time! Obviously it has fault at some points (campaign isn't great) but the online aspect of the game is outstanding. The maps are huge, they provide different sorts of enviroments and best of all, something that most online games struggle at, they are BALANCED. DICE really have discovered hidden treasure because the quality of gameplay, graphics and teamwork. I find myself playing the game 3-5 hours daily and not once do I ever "rage quit" or get bored. The Cod series really need to step up to the plate this time and come up with new ideas as revamping older games into new games and selling them off for 50+ just simply isn't good enough. I challenge anyone to play Battlefield Bad Comany 2 online for 2-3 hours for a few days in 1 week and prove me wrong. All in all, 10/10 is my verdict. Simply a masterpiece, thinking "outside the box" is a huge step forward for gaming innovation. Expand
  2. GrahamR
    Mar 10, 2010
    Sometimes when you trade a game in you may have regret's... not in this case however, one I got BFBC2 home after trading in MW2 in my local game store I only regretted buying MW2 in the first place. The single player (altough aint great) is still miles better than MW2, the characters, dialogue and settings for the games levels put it above any other FPS in recent memory. Sometimes when you trade a game in you may have regret's... not in this case however, one I got BFBC2 home after trading in MW2 in my local game store I only regretted buying MW2 in the first place. The single player (altough aint great) is still miles better than MW2, the characters, dialogue and settings for the games levels put it above any other FPS in recent memory. Multi-player.... best there is!!!... FACT! Nothing comes close to this, expansive maps, excellent vehicle's, great weapon loadouts and an all round superb joy to play. Forget what critic's have to say about this game and just buy it!! with new free (with the VIP code in every new edition) DLC coming it will remain fresh. Listen to real people judging a brilliant game and get it now! Leave the kids to play MW2!!!!! Expand
  3. Nov 7, 2010
    The best FPS you can get on a console. Great sound, great physics, great destruction this game is awesome. The only thing i can complain about is that there is just a small amount of lag when you shoot a building with an explosive but how many games are there on a console with complete destruction in the multiplayer mode?
  4. Nov 12, 2010
    This game is just the best game in Battlefield series to now and in my opinion the best shooter so far in the seventh generation. The single player is ok, but the multiplayer is indescribable. I can't understand why there are people who can't see its greatness. There are only a few flaws in multiplayer, but I think most of them is because of my connection (not so good). And sometimes theThis game is just the best game in Battlefield series to now and in my opinion the best shooter so far in the seventh generation. The single player is ok, but the multiplayer is indescribable. I can't understand why there are people who can't see its greatness. There are only a few flaws in multiplayer, but I think most of them is because of my connection (not so good). And sometimes the game gets kind of unbalanced, driving you crazy in a low level team versus a almost full of high levels team. I would rate it 9.5, but since I can only rate integers and there are a lot of haters' reviews (c'mon, how the heck this game could get less than 6?) I can only rate it a 10.
    I had to pay approximately 81 dollars in my country for this one month after launching time, and believe me, I do really think it was so much worthy.
  5. Mar 31, 2011
    I've had this game since it released and I still love it. The only knock I have is the weapons are not as cool as other shooters. The xm8 is a cancelled project and it is one of the main weapon systems in this game. The under barrel shotgun would be cooler as a traditional master-key.All that is so minor and this game is great where it counts. The single player campaign is entertaining andI've had this game since it released and I still love it. The only knock I have is the weapons are not as cool as other shooters. The xm8 is a cancelled project and it is one of the main weapon systems in this game. The under barrel shotgun would be cooler as a traditional master-key.All that is so minor and this game is great where it counts. The single player campaign is entertaining and maintains enough of the "sandbox" gameplay from the fist bc while providing scripted action sequences. The gameplay and fun factor of multiplayer is unmatched. This game is awesome and a must buy! Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    One of the greatest, action-packed games I have ever played. Next to the upcoming Halo 4, MW3, and Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a thrilling adrenaline pumping game that no one should miss. If you otherwise want to buy Bayonetta, then this is not the game for you.
  7. Jul 11, 2011
    Excellent game. The lowest leaderboard rank I got was 6,000. It's a great game, requiring teamwork for success. This game is best played with at least 3 friends to make a full "squad". Mics make it even better. A team with mics will always beat a team without. This game has great graphics, animations and good campaign. Couldn't have asked for more...
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is my favorite first person shooter of all time. Before i bought it i had already played modern warfare 2 and black ops, and i did enjoy them, but i found them repetitive and simple. To then play battlefield and have the freedom of flying around in UAVs, road killing snipers with tanks and grenade bombarding m-coms with boats was amazing. The campaign is pretty good, short butThis game is my favorite first person shooter of all time. Before i bought it i had already played modern warfare 2 and black ops, and i did enjoy them, but i found them repetitive and simple. To then play battlefield and have the freedom of flying around in UAVs, road killing snipers with tanks and grenade bombarding m-coms with boats was amazing. The campaign is pretty good, short but action packed and even funny at times. I give the singleplayer 8/10, but that doesnt bring the review down because battlefield is about the multiplayer. Customisation and leveling is perfect. Maps are superb in terms of gameplay and visuals, and there no other multiplayer experience like it in my opinion.
    I urge anyone to get this game, and any other battlefield game they can.
  9. Jan 19, 2012
    This game has nice Visuals and plays well but the single player was not worth it but battlefield is about the multi player. This game is not easy because you have to play as a team. Cod Tactics will not work because the maps are huge and destroyable. Destruction 2.0 changes the game because cover is gone then it will get harder as the match progresses. I would say this is a great game andThis game has nice Visuals and plays well but the single player was not worth it but battlefield is about the multi player. This game is not easy because you have to play as a team. Cod Tactics will not work because the maps are huge and destroyable. Destruction 2.0 changes the game because cover is gone then it will get harder as the match progresses. I would say this is a great game and a must have for battlefield fans (or bad company fans). Expand
  10. Aug 13, 2012
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 without a doubt is one of the best console fps games I have ever played. I picked it up again recently after more than a year of playing other fps games and it is still great.

Single player campaign is fun even when replaying and feels head and shoulders above bland and boring attempts at storytelling both of Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 to name a few recent failures. It has memorable characters which are not too serious about themselves, Battlefield signature destructible environments, plot with some rather predictable twists, is blissfully free of nuclear terrorists and it manages to conclude itself before getting too long and boring.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer has something that I have yet to find in any other fps
  11. Oct 13, 2010
    What makes BC2 the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played? It's the cinematic moments. Such as riding shotgun on a 4-wheeler through the Atacama desert as an Apache pilot flies low and close on your tail looking for the easy kill. Except, you pull out your Carl Gustav and watch it crash in flames on the ground after you catch it with your rocket dead on the nose. You and your squad thenWhat makes BC2 the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played? It's the cinematic moments. Such as riding shotgun on a 4-wheeler through the Atacama desert as an Apache pilot flies low and close on your tail looking for the easy kill. Except, you pull out your Carl Gustav and watch it crash in flames on the ground after you catch it with your rocket dead on the nose. You and your squad then laugh as your 4-wheeler dodges the derbris and flames of what's left of the Apache on your way to capturing objective Charlie. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2011
    This game is probably the best FPS game I have ever played on the Xbox360. I thoroughly enjoy the balance of the game compared to other games in the FPS genre. I like how most buildings can be completely demolished, and how you can change the tide of the battle with a single vehicle. Pros: Graphics, sound, replay value, squad system, controls, use of multiple vehicles (Sea, Land, Air),This game is probably the best FPS game I have ever played on the Xbox360. I thoroughly enjoy the balance of the game compared to other games in the FPS genre. I like how most buildings can be completely demolished, and how you can change the tide of the battle with a single vehicle. Pros: Graphics, sound, replay value, squad system, controls, use of multiple vehicles (Sea, Land, Air), unlockable items, Cons: Cursing players (I have kids, so I have to play the game late at night), no fixed-wing aircraft Expand
  13. Aug 30, 2010
    not a good campaign but the multiplayer more than makes up for. The multiplayer is the best i have ever seen in my life and i never get bored of it.
  14. Sep 4, 2010
    The single player game may be short, but it's a fun ride while it lasts. Multiplayer, however will keep you hooked for months. The competitive component of this game offers a well-implemented progression system, an assortment of cool vehicles, damn good maps, and enough explosive spectacle to make Michael Bay green with envy.
  15. May 1, 2011
    This has got to be the best game for the 360...I've played a good many of this Genre and this has to be the best on line game out at the moment. Graphics, playability, maps, All feel great.
  16. Sep 20, 2011
    After redownloading this game on the Xbox Live marketplace, I realised how terribly wrong I was in my past review. This blows MW2 and Black Ops out of the water, and is on par - in some aspects, better - with such classic COD games as COD5 and Modern Warfare. Can't wait for Battlefield 3, which i'm sure will be ten times better than this game. The only problems I can think of in this gameAfter redownloading this game on the Xbox Live marketplace, I realised how terribly wrong I was in my past review. This blows MW2 and Black Ops out of the water, and is on par - in some aspects, better - with such classic COD games as COD5 and Modern Warfare. Can't wait for Battlefield 3, which i'm sure will be ten times better than this game. The only problems I can think of in this game are the lackluster campaign that generally fails to impress and the slightly overpowered medic class.

Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Campaign - 6/10

Overall - 8.5/10
  17. Justin
    Mar 4, 2010
    This game is garbage. I can't believe that Jim Sterling still has a job at Destructoid, after giving this piece of trash game a 10 out of 10. He is a disgrace to all video game reviewers. This game is the worst of this entire generation, and he shouldn't be aloud to review games if he think this game is anything above a 4 out of 10.
  18. samueld
    Mar 2, 2010
    I've never actually played the game before, but from what i've seen on youtube, and what i've heard from friends who have played it before, it sound and look incredible. I have the first bad company on xbox 360 and i believe it is one of the best first person shooters ever, prior to cod4.
  19. Dec 26, 2010
    No doubht one of the best shooters of the year large maps on multiplayer and intense campaign gameplay make this one of the greatest games ever and a must buy!
  20. KevinM.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Way better than MW2,the online play is far better,single player campagian is just as rich as the first bfbc.mind you i been only playing for about 3 hrs now since i got it. don't care what system u have it is a must buy from the get go.from gameplay to graphic & sound, to mulitiplayer & repeat play i give all them all a score of 10.
  21. RassoR.
    Mar 2, 2010
    The best audio in any game this generation. Please make sure you do play with 5.1 surround sound so you can pinpoint where the enemy is, even if he's behind you. It's breathtaking. It's audio is pretty amazing if that's the first positive thing i say about bfbc2. The graphics are top notch. The single player is more linear now, the funny comrades are back, but like the The best audio in any game this generation. Please make sure you do play with 5.1 surround sound so you can pinpoint where the enemy is, even if he's behind you. It's breathtaking. It's audio is pretty amazing if that's the first positive thing i say about bfbc2. The graphics are top notch. The single player is more linear now, the funny comrades are back, but like the first one, it wasn't spectacular, nonetheless, the singleplayer is non stop action. Multiplayer is where it's at. The king of fps is back better than ever. They didnt add anything new to mp, heck they even removed some stuff from the previous game. But what it has are TONS of refinements that make the game near perfect. Go for the PC version if you have a choice. Better graphics(set up to 6 monitors to make a bigger one), 32 players(24 on console), better squad management(You can choose which squad to join in pc, on consoles you're under the mercy of dice's matchmaking). This game is gonna keep me busy for atleast months to come. Expand
  22. LouieB
    Mar 2, 2010
    Multiplayer is 100x more superior than MW2 mainly because it is not as irritating and unrealistic (I mean, normal soldiers would never being calling in harriers and ac130's!). Yes, like the official reviews said, the singleplayer is a BIT lacking, but that was expected considering how much work was put into the multiplayer (ie 2 betas and a bunch of vids for multi but only 1 vid for Multiplayer is 100x more superior than MW2 mainly because it is not as irritating and unrealistic (I mean, normal soldiers would never being calling in harriers and ac130's!). Yes, like the official reviews said, the singleplayer is a BIT lacking, but that was expected considering how much work was put into the multiplayer (ie 2 betas and a bunch of vids for multi but only 1 vid for single). Overall, if you're playing mw2 instead of this, you have problems. Collapse
  23. GunnarK
    Mar 3, 2010
    Great game! You can play hours and hours and hours and it´s every time great gameplay! but one singel minus is that several german stores sell it 2 days before officel release and pre-order ppl have to wait till release or longe because of the delivertime. EA should punish every shop/store which sell it befor release with high money-punishments. Thank you DICE and EA
  24. TheSalt
    Mar 2, 2010
    Multi-player game of the year. Seriously who gives these guys jobs as reviewers. No score should be under 9 with a multiplayer this good. Change your marketing angle to Single Player Warriors.com - you have no voice for the community when your reviews are so short sighted. Its 2010 its all about the multi get with the times.
  25. JayR
    Mar 2, 2010
    The fun singleplayer only compliments the huge and balanced multiplayer. The large maps are beutiful, and come with an asortment of vehicles that you can drive. Destructble environments add an extra layer of fun.
  26. JoanS
    Mar 2, 2010
    I had high hopes and even higher expectations for this one...well, as of right now i rest assured, DICE and EA outdid themselves. BFBC2 is every bit as awesome as i expected it to, and then some more. Simply put, it´s unmissable.
  27. DannyH
    Mar 20, 2010
    The best game ever made! From the awesome Singleplayer Campaign; a humorous yet serious story filled to the edge with great missions, to the mind-blowing, stunningly epic Online Competitive Multiplayer; featuring massive environments, fully destructible buildings and vehicles. Throw in great gameplay, epic graphics and huge replay value. That is some of the things that makes this game the The best game ever made! From the awesome Singleplayer Campaign; a humorous yet serious story filled to the edge with great missions, to the mind-blowing, stunningly epic Online Competitive Multiplayer; featuring massive environments, fully destructible buildings and vehicles. Throw in great gameplay, epic graphics and huge replay value. That is some of the things that makes this game the best of its kind - and any other kind, for that matter! Expand
  28. WesB
    Mar 2, 2010
    Wanted to give it a 9.7 but it wouldn't let me. This game blows any recent fps games out of the water. The single player is good for a typical FPS game and made better by the amazing graphics and HD sound. The multiplayer is the best I've played in years and that's saying something. I've been playing FPS games since competitive fps games first hit the scene.
  29. PaulV
    Mar 2, 2010
    This game is really awesome the graphics are clean the gameplay is a bit weird but after you play this for like a hour you will inderstand it.....the guns are awesome love this game this is modern warfare killer totaly u need to have this game if you like fps.
  30. AndreiA
    Mar 2, 2010
    Superb game. Battlefield series is not about single player AT ALL. IT's all about the multiplayer. And that's what this is game is about. The multiplayer receives a 9 from me, but because we get the epic single player campaign, it's a definite 10.
  31. pablos.
    Mar 4, 2010
    This game is simply said just amazing! The graphics the sound and... just everything is (almost) perfect. The single player is good. It could be longer but the graphics are just brilliant, and the environment and the lighting quality of it is stunning. Don't listen to those critizen who gave it lower than a 9 because of the dull SP and those who compare it with mw2. Like i said it This game is simply said just amazing! The graphics the sound and... just everything is (almost) perfect. The single player is good. It could be longer but the graphics are just brilliant, and the environment and the lighting quality of it is stunning. Don't listen to those critizen who gave it lower than a 9 because of the dull SP and those who compare it with mw2. Like i said it could be better, but Battlefield is more MP based than SP so. And as final, the multiplayer is also just brilliant. It could have some more updates, but i'm sure they will come along time. The way of the map design and the use of vehicles is well made which makes the MP even better to play. The option to customize your equipment is also cool and better worked out. You really are sucked into it, thanks to the beautiful graphics and the high quality of the sounds. You would almost think you are on a real battlefield. Well almost then...:P In my opinion it's way better than mw2, less chaotic, better balanced, bigger maps, destructive environment, way more squad based, better community, better matchmaking system and i can keep going. SEE YA ON THE BATTLEFIELD MATTIES!!! WHOO! Expand
  32. Silk
    Mar 7, 2010
    Fundamentally One of the Best Realistic SP & Online Shooters of it's era, it ticks all the right boxes for it to stand-out as an elite format in the Market for games on both consoles! Gameplay - graphics - sound - replayability - story & online all equal to the highest score possible
  33. RowanF
    Apr 9, 2010
    Brilliant game! Absolutely amazing! Fuck Modern Warfare! This is by far the best game in the realistic shooter genre! A kickass single player with an original feel, intuitive combat, intriguing story and great, relateable characters. And, an even more kickass multiplayer with excellent maps, just the right amount of players and a perfectly refined unlocks system. What stands out about the Brilliant game! Absolutely amazing! Fuck Modern Warfare! This is by far the best game in the realistic shooter genre! A kickass single player with an original feel, intuitive combat, intriguing story and great, relateable characters. And, an even more kickass multiplayer with excellent maps, just the right amount of players and a perfectly refined unlocks system. What stands out about the multiplayer, though, is the way it allows players to gather XP and level up whilst still remaining an enjoyable team experience, rather than MW2's XP guzzling approach where the only reason people play is in order to level up. For example, when playing MW2 with freinds all you can do is ignore each other and keep on harvesting XP, whereas in Battlefield you can spawn with your freinds and make a joint assault on the enemies base, or perhaps grab a helicopter and rain death from above with each person operating a different station on the helicopter, or one of many more awsome things. All of these create a real feel of teamwork and give great satisfaction at the end of every match, as well as many great moments you will remember for a long time after. Now who can honestly tell me they get that with MW2? Expand
  34. MichaelM
    Mar 2, 2010
    A FANTASTIC game! This seriously beats Modern Warfare 2 by far. Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, features, EVERYTHING! This seriously is a fantastic game. It has a short campaign like MW2 but is half the price(IW Raised the price for PC) and the multiplayer is great with amazing destructability and just great ambience too. Best game I have played in a long time. I will not stop playing this A FANTASTIC game! This seriously beats Modern Warfare 2 by far. Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, features, EVERYTHING! This seriously is a fantastic game. It has a short campaign like MW2 but is half the price(IW Raised the price for PC) and the multiplayer is great with amazing destructability and just great ambience too. Best game I have played in a long time. I will not stop playing this till BF3 comes out. Expand
  35. AlexG
    Mar 2, 2010
    Call of what? This game goes far beyond whatever call of duty has to offer, besides mabey graphics, but even that isn't saying much with the diverse expansive environments the multiplayer and single player has to offer. I mean seriously who would rather run around in a small room with a tac knife than explore the vast, open, and detailed maps in battlefield? An did I mention you can Call of what? This game goes far beyond whatever call of duty has to offer, besides mabey graphics, but even that isn't saying much with the diverse expansive environments the multiplayer and single player has to offer. I mean seriously who would rather run around in a small room with a tac knife than explore the vast, open, and detailed maps in battlefield? An did I mention you can do this in a number of well designed vehicals including blackhawks, atvs, tanks, and remote control uavs. Another thing does anyone really trust the metascore thing? It doesn't make sense: eurogamer clearly stated battlefield was the superior game between call of duty mw2, but was given a metascore of 90 for each. Expand
  36. FredD
    Mar 2, 2010
    Finally a game that makes you play WITH your teammates. Great graphics, tight weapon controls, terrific unlocks and glorious, huge, interesting maps. Battles are big and intense. A super sequel and just a better game than Modern Warfare. This is what Infinity Ward should be doing. Hats off to DICE and EA.
  37. ErikD
    Mar 2, 2010
    Critics, unfortunately, are going to knock this game comparing it to the likes of Call of Duty, as they do with every game that plays like another. If you look at this sites user score, along with other sites' user score, you'll see its rated higher than the critics. Enough said. This game delivers on every level.
  38. NicholasM
    Mar 2, 2010
    Single player was very intense and i thought was extremely, dosent match up to mw2 single player but the mulitplayer is 10x better than mw2! no gay ass knifers, no campin, no glitches, no overpowered killstreaks, no overpowered weapons its just awesome!
  39. WesleyW
    Mar 2, 2010
    This game is just terrific, from the visuals to gameplay. Ive been waiting a long time for a fps game that is actually good and now its finally here. Everyone should buy this. The single player is tons of fun but the multiplayer is just the best.
  40. SarkhanL
    Mar 2, 2010
    Absolutely amazing experience. The singleplayer is very polished and well delivered technically. The only downside is the lenght which is about 6-7 hours on normal settings. However if you put it on hard it may very well take you 9-10 hours to complete. The multiplayer is of its own league, completely surpassing MW2 in almost every aspect of gameplay. Truly fantastic game that any FPS fan Absolutely amazing experience. The singleplayer is very polished and well delivered technically. The only downside is the lenght which is about 6-7 hours on normal settings. However if you put it on hard it may very well take you 9-10 hours to complete. The multiplayer is of its own league, completely surpassing MW2 in almost every aspect of gameplay. Truly fantastic game that any FPS fan must buy. Expand
  41. KevinP
    Mar 2, 2010
    This game is simply put...AMAZING. The best FPS I have played in nearly a decade. There is no contender this year with this title. Multiplayer is amazing single is amazing. If you dont pick it up because you are playing MW its only your lose. If you preordered it you got a pretty good deal, 2 maps, guns, perks, among a few other things. Easily Game of the Year in my opinion so far!
  42. DanteA
    Mar 2, 2010
    This Is the CoD Killer, stop listening to these pathetic critics who think CoD is some kind of God. Cod4 was a god, Cod6 is just left over shit thats turned into a paradise, for fags.
  43. RobertÖ
    Mar 2, 2010
    This game is worth a 10 only due the awesome sound design! The gunfire and explosions you will hear in the background is not ambient sound it's other people fighting for their lives! The singleplayer was really good and well paced, it even had a good story something absent of most todays games. Destruction in this game is huge, someone sent a missile from the sky killing your mate? This game is worth a 10 only due the awesome sound design! The gunfire and explosions you will hear in the background is not ambient sound it's other people fighting for their lives! The singleplayer was really good and well paced, it even had a good story something absent of most todays games. Destruction in this game is huge, someone sent a missile from the sky killing your mate? Why not take cover in the crater it made. Expand
  44. RyanA
    Mar 2, 2010
    Pure, mindless destruction and fun over eleven missions, like an extended episode of the A-Team except you actually hit the people you
  45. JaqueS.
    Mar 3, 2010
    9.8 I based my rating on how fun this game is. Other areas may need addressed like some clipping but I've never put any merit into how pretty a game is. This game sucks you in and keeps you there. The SP is well crafted and, while isn't the best or most intriguing, is quite fun. The MP is truly what this game is about and it is hands down the most tactical and fun MP military 9.8 I based my rating on how fun this game is. Other areas may need addressed like some clipping but I've never put any merit into how pretty a game is. This game sucks you in and keeps you there. The SP is well crafted and, while isn't the best or most intriguing, is quite fun. The MP is truly what this game is about and it is hands down the most tactical and fun MP military shooter made. Don't believe some of these critic reviews...it seems some like alot of these "reviewers" had biased opinions of the game from the get go. If you are a BF fan well then...this game is for you. If not, things probably won't change. See everyone else on the Battlefield. Expand
  46. StefanosC
    Mar 3, 2010
    Everything I would expect from a Battlefield title. Sure it has it's flaws which is keeping it from a perfect 10 at the moment, but I am sure they will be fixed. The riveting, pure action of the Bad Company series is amplified by Destruction 2.0. Got a camper in a building? No problem, just blow a hole in the wall and there is your camper. I really am looking forward to the patches Everything I would expect from a Battlefield title. Sure it has it's flaws which is keeping it from a perfect 10 at the moment, but I am sure they will be fixed. The riveting, pure action of the Bad Company series is amplified by Destruction 2.0. Got a camper in a building? No problem, just blow a hole in the wall and there is your camper. I really am looking forward to the patches which will enhance this game further! Expand
  47. RyanF
    Mar 3, 2010
    Great Multiplayer and Singleplayer. All around great package with good graphics and gameplay. I really love the audio in this game. Sounds so real.
  48. ScuffPuppy
    Mar 3, 2010
    Blows MW2 out of the water, trenches, sky, and planet. One of the best war games ever made. Period.
  49. ErnJ
    Mar 3, 2010
    Intense yet fun single player campain that pokes fun of war movies and other "Modern" FPSs, this story is to be taken lightly while enjoying the fantastic gameplay. The multiplayer is eons above the competition. I was once a die hard COD fan now I think I have found a new love.
  50. DONAR144
    Mar 3, 2010
    Unbelievable...an 89!? really?! Ive been playing this game for about 6 hours exploring the campaign to see if I don't get that epic feeling and unlike those at "Total Video Games" im feeling it. I don't even begin to see why they would say that; their constant comparisons to MW2 and the Halo makes me wonder if they are even capable of rating games on a logical standard "However, Unbelievable...an 89!? really?! Ive been playing this game for about 6 hours exploring the campaign to see if I don't get that epic feeling and unlike those at "Total Video Games" im feeling it. I don't even begin to see why they would say that; their constant comparisons to MW2 and the Halo makes me wonder if they are even capable of rating games on a logical standard "However, poor design in the single-player makes for a campaign that's not only lacklustre throughout, but cripplingly buggy" how can they say that? i've just about beaten the campaign doing more things then the MW2 campagin had to offer. Although MW2 may have had more of a drmamtic story they realied COMPLETLY on cutscene narrations of what looked like to be a overview of earth. Battlefield BFBC2 had actual movies with theirs and your chracter actually spoke (Increadible isn't it?)...10/10 for me with all things considered...If i find anything bad though maybe ill right another review but for now this is the best representation of my feelings Expand
  51. VadimB
    Mar 3, 2010
    Absolutely stunning. MIND YOU: The reviewers that gave this game below 9 generally bashed elements such as uninteresting and short single player, and underdeveloped characters, while at the same time not saying anything like that on their Modern Warfare 2 review, which had an almost idiotic single player story with totally forgettable characters. As far as graphics, sound, and multiplayer Absolutely stunning. MIND YOU: The reviewers that gave this game below 9 generally bashed elements such as uninteresting and short single player, and underdeveloped characters, while at the same time not saying anything like that on their Modern Warfare 2 review, which had an almost idiotic single player story with totally forgettable characters. As far as graphics, sound, and multiplayer (24 players, huge maps, destructible environments and vehicles > MW2) is way superior to MW2 Expand
  52. tylerl.
    Mar 4, 2010
    Takes most of the things MW2 did right and takes them a step higher. Flat out, if you enjoy MW2 get this game, but if your one of those mindless run-and-gunners than stay the F away ! This game actually requires strategy and communication. MW2 rewarded being stupid, this game is on the opposite end of the spectrum. MP is terrific, its slower paced than MW 2 but is just as epic. The one Takes most of the things MW2 did right and takes them a step higher. Flat out, if you enjoy MW2 get this game, but if your one of those mindless run-and-gunners than stay the F away ! This game actually requires strategy and communication. MW2 rewarded being stupid, this game is on the opposite end of the spectrum. MP is terrific, its slower paced than MW 2 but is just as epic. The one aspect where MW2 reigns clearly supreim is customization. The customization is bare bones compareds to MW2. also, there are like 5 maps ( 2 more with downloads ) which feels shallow, especially after MW2s 12 or so maps. But to conter this... The maps in BC 2 are very well designed. Unlike MW2s textbook crappiness. All-in-all a terrific game. Taking 1 point off for technical issues. Dead bodies can be seen on more than one occasion getting caught on a ledge or something and having their arms swinging around, there is some minor clipping, and whenever i went down a steep enough hill in a vehicle in the 3rd person camera mode i could see under the map. Not huge issues at all though, more humorous than anything negative. Still, kinda weird to see. Also loses a bit for how slow MP setup feels, the gameplay is terrific, but for whatever reason it always feels so empty. Im assuming that once WOM spreads and people beat SP mode the rush will begin. Destruction of buildings is awesome !!! Expand
  53. RadeS.
    Mar 6, 2010
    One of the best war games I've ever played. The singleplayer campaign never felt tacked on and the banter between the members of Bravo Company was a nice change from all the serious characters from previous war games. As a fan of the CoD series I was dissapointed with how short MW2 was and the MP turned into the camp and boosting-fest the series is known for, just a few weeks after One of the best war games I've ever played. The singleplayer campaign never felt tacked on and the banter between the members of Bravo Company was a nice change from all the serious characters from previous war games. As a fan of the CoD series I was dissapointed with how short MW2 was and the MP turned into the camp and boosting-fest the series is known for, just a few weeks after release. It quickly became unbalanced. That's not the case with BFBC2. There are no kill streaks, you can spawn on your squadmates and the matches are objective based. There aren't as many weapons in BC2 as in MW2 but the selection is quite impressive with different classes having use if different weapons. The Assault class unlocks more AR's, Engineers silenced SMGs and anti-vehicle weaponry, Medics LMGs, med supplies and Recon unlocks Sniper rifles, C4 and Mortar strikes. There's also the WWII weapons and a few more. The game is a MP cake of deliciosness! Keep in mind the game works better if you play as a team. Lone Wolves will get ripped to peices. You might get a kill or two but then get taken out and watch as the medic revives the guys you just killed! Pros: Fun SP campaign, destructible environments, expansive maps, excellent graphics, large selection of weapons and add-ons and balanced MP. Cons: SP is pretty short even on hard, AI for your team can't seam to make a kill, MP can be frustrating if you're new to the BF series. Expand
  54. ColinF.
    Mar 7, 2010
    Incredible game. Just beat the single player today and I'll admit, it isn't amazing. Definitely compelling enough for a single play through, though. Despite a generic plot and run-of-the-mill FPS action, the four members of Bad Company keep things interesting enough and the set pieces are pretty impressive. Where this thing really shines, however, is multiplayer. Oh my gosh, it Incredible game. Just beat the single player today and I'll admit, it isn't amazing. Definitely compelling enough for a single play through, though. Despite a generic plot and run-of-the-mill FPS action, the four members of Bad Company keep things interesting enough and the set pieces are pretty impressive. Where this thing really shines, however, is multiplayer. Oh my gosh, it is so amazing. It's so refreshing coming to this from Modern Warfare 2, or really any other console shooter. It's so much more open and intense. And something I love is the balance between vehicular and infantry combat. Never do you feel like you have to be in a tank or a helicopter in order to accomplish something. Soldiers on the ground are pretty much equally as deadly as any vehicle. Firefights are intense and BC 2 does objective based games better than any other console shooter that I've played to date. There aren't any glitches or imbalances to note and it runs absolutely lag free thanks to the game's dedicated servers. Just an amazing experience. Absolutely worth the price of admission. Expand
  55. JaroidX3
    Mar 8, 2010
    BC2 blows... my mind. BC2 sucks... all of my free time. BC2 is lacking... imperfections and flaws. Gonna keep you playing, gonna never press pause. It beats COD to a pulp, and I ain't talkin bout the fish. First there was Wolfenstein 3D now FPS evolved to this. Modern Warfare 2 and MAG, both are great games, but BC2 is high above - putting everyone to shame. Fly a heli, parachute BC2 blows... my mind. BC2 sucks... all of my free time. BC2 is lacking... imperfections and flaws. Gonna keep you playing, gonna never press pause. It beats COD to a pulp, and I ain't talkin bout the fish. First there was Wolfenstein 3D now FPS evolved to this. Modern Warfare 2 and MAG, both are great games, but BC2 is high above - putting everyone to shame. Fly a heli, parachute out, put your C4 round a structure. Set it off, blow it up, watch your enemies as they rupture. No game offers such scope and such vast destructibility, it's even rumored that playing it will help increase fertility. Just make sure that when you play you use tactics and teamwork, and please don't hog the UAV like a big ol selfish jerk. Expand
  56. Chris
    Mar 8, 2010
    I believe that it's impossible to make a "perfect" game or movie, hence the 9. I started my BF career with 2142 which I enjoyed immensely and this gem was dropped off yesterday. I went to bed waaaay past my bedtime because i just had to keep playing the single player campaign as I was completely gripped by it. The sound, (after altering settings.ini) and graphics are stunning, only I believe that it's impossible to make a "perfect" game or movie, hence the 9. I started my BF career with 2142 which I enjoyed immensely and this gem was dropped off yesterday. I went to bed waaaay past my bedtime because i just had to keep playing the single player campaign as I was completely gripped by it. The sound, (after altering settings.ini) and graphics are stunning, only drawback for me in singleplayer is the feeling when you get to certain point on the road which initiates a fight, u can run back for cover.. Multiplayer servers were full up until late so I only got a brief taste of the multi experience. Im really suprised I didn't dream of the game when I slept.. Well done to the creators! Expand
  57. Nick
    Mar 8, 2010
    Very good game, I was waiting for this one to come out for at least a month, playing the demo daily pre-release. With a wide variety of classes and alterations that the game allows, you won't find yourself getting bored for awhile. The use of teamwork is crucial in this game, which is a tremendous part of this game. All in all I would of given this game a 10 but due to the servers Very good game, I was waiting for this one to come out for at least a month, playing the demo daily pre-release. With a wide variety of classes and alterations that the game allows, you won't find yourself getting bored for awhile. The use of teamwork is crucial in this game, which is a tremendous part of this game. All in all I would of given this game a 10 but due to the servers fluctuating the first few days of release I would feel guilty to give it a perfect score so at the very least it deserves a 9, and definitely a game no one should pass up. Expand
  58. ChrisO
    Mar 14, 2010
    This has definitely been one of the best MP games I have enjoyed on the console. Graphics, sound, gameplay, everything is just phenomenal. I have never experienced so many intense and close matches, as well as numerous hilarity than I have in this game. Maps are just fantastic from the design to the amount of detail and balance. The game offers everything you would want in a MP game, and This has definitely been one of the best MP games I have enjoyed on the console. Graphics, sound, gameplay, everything is just phenomenal. I have never experienced so many intense and close matches, as well as numerous hilarity than I have in this game. Maps are just fantastic from the design to the amount of detail and balance. The game offers everything you would want in a MP game, and in a BF game. As I said earlier matches can become intense that your adrenaline goes up. There have been matches where the attackers side had won with only 1 life left, or the defenders won with the crate 1 rocket away from being destroyed. If anyone is looking for a great online game look no further. Sure BF has its flaws like every game, but the flaws I have encountered are more so community ridden than actual game flaws. Expand
  59. BobboK
    Mar 14, 2010
    An extraordinary game. The campaign might be a little short and forgettable, but who cares? It's a multiplayer game. The creators, DICE, have said themselves that it is a long tutorial for the multiplayer. And that's what makes the game so good - the multiplayer. It's almost perfect! The only flaw I can come up with is that there's not very much maps and it can An extraordinary game. The campaign might be a little short and forgettable, but who cares? It's a multiplayer game. The creators, DICE, have said themselves that it is a long tutorial for the multiplayer. And that's what makes the game so good - the multiplayer. It's almost perfect! The only flaw I can come up with is that there's not very much maps and it can sometimes be a little buggy. Oh, and by the way, Bad Company 2 is superior to Modern Warfare 2 in every way. Expand
  60. KaiM
    Mar 15, 2010
    While MW2 goes out for cinematic experience and silly in a way that isn't supposed to be plot Battlefield Bad Company 2 focuses on what really matters in a modern shooter: intense combat, and enertaining single player. MW2 may top BC2 in sales but in multiplayer, BC2 will always be the gamers choice.
  61. BerkmanL
    Mar 15, 2010
    That game is a beast. Multiplayer is addictive and the single player is lovely with it's awesome characters and all aspects. If I were the developer in an other hand, I'd never give up on the previous single player design at all. This time it's more like COD, while the priority should be something unique. There are countless copies anyway. Even though that one is a great That game is a beast. Multiplayer is addictive and the single player is lovely with it's awesome characters and all aspects. If I were the developer in an other hand, I'd never give up on the previous single player design at all. This time it's more like COD, while the priority should be something unique. There are countless copies anyway. Even though that one is a great copy, it's still a copy. Expand
  62. AligoharA
    Mar 2, 2010
    Good FPS game gives you the feeling of being in a large scale battle, with all the vehicles, weapons, and unique classes really give the game the feel of satisfaction. A must by for any FPS fan or any gamer for that matter.
  63. BrandynP
    Mar 2, 2010
    My MW2 is about to get some shelf time as I just picked up my game and I am completely blown away. This game is EPIC on all fronts. The campaign is unfolding in such away that I am honestly in awe of what DICE has accomplished here. The multiplayer has been improved and Hardcore mode is where it's at! *digs back into the trenches*.
  64. JesseP.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Hands down, one of the best fps games out in the Market. Very well thought out and incredibly designed to promote team play and incredible story telling.
  65. GeorgeL
    Mar 2, 2010
    Amazing. If people would stop comparing this to the also great MW2, maybe people would see that they aren't just meant to be competing, and that they are separate and different games. I love this game from what I have played today (all 8 hours) and have enjoyed the feeling that seems familiar to me that dates back to the earlier BF games. Thank you, DICE. Thank you.
  66. LP
    Mar 2, 2010
    Great game i love destroying buildings while people are inside them and shooting rpgs are tanks engineer ftw everyone should really give this a try its worth the money only bad thing may be that you dont start out with much in the beginning but you can work your way up.
  67. JohnH
    Mar 2, 2010
    Finally something to take the place of Modern Glitchfare 2! BFBC2 has amazing graphics, a much improved single player campaign to go along with its addictive multiplayer. I actually would have scored this with a 9.5 if I could have and it is a must have for fans of the genre or anyone looking for something to take the place of Infinity Wards bug infested glitch fest.
  68. JamalH
    Mar 21, 2010
    Before I start this user review, how the hell does Modern Warfare 2 have a better rating then this game. Who got payed off? This game has all the elements of a outstanding game. The environment is destructible, the multiplayed gameplay is balanced, and the campaign is excellent. Just by the user reviews you can see these 'professionals' rating this game got it wrong. I would Before I start this user review, how the hell does Modern Warfare 2 have a better rating then this game. Who got payed off? This game has all the elements of a outstanding game. The environment is destructible, the multiplayed gameplay is balanced, and the campaign is excellent. Just by the user reviews you can see these 'professionals' rating this game got it wrong. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes to get on a game and not get off angry. If you like playing games to get you angry, pick up Modern Warfare 2, or shall I say Modern Campfare 2. Expand
  69. BoC
    Mar 20, 2010
    This is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Unlike gayass MW2, there are no javelin glitchers, akimbo ANYTHING, unlimited ammo (though that was the best part of MW2), ninja perks, super-speed carepackage knifers, overpowered weapons or overpowered perks. Multiplayer requires tactical thought and is heavily teambased. The classes are perfectly balanced, with a level system that This is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Unlike gayass MW2, there are no javelin glitchers, akimbo ANYTHING, unlimited ammo (though that was the best part of MW2), ninja perks, super-speed carepackage knifers, overpowered weapons or overpowered perks. Multiplayer requires tactical thought and is heavily teambased. The classes are perfectly balanced, with a level system that rapes MW2. The only flaw is that the maps seem more cramped than they were in BC1, and the controls (especially the vehicles) are extremely wonky. Since a map pack is coming out soon, I won't dock this, and I have gotten used to the controls. Campaign is funny and good too. P.S. If you are a fag or a glitcher, stay the hell away from this game. MW2 is for fags, this game is for real competitors. Expand
  70. NodnarbC
    Mar 2, 2010
    Just picked up this game, have been playing most of the day. The online is very very solid, there is a vast array of land, air, and sea vehichles and a huge variety of weapons. The destructible environments add a lot of depth by allowing you to use literally any object in the game to your advantage. The team play is well organized and the visuals are spectacular. I have not played much of Just picked up this game, have been playing most of the day. The online is very very solid, there is a vast array of land, air, and sea vehichles and a huge variety of weapons. The destructible environments add a lot of depth by allowing you to use literally any object in the game to your advantage. The team play is well organized and the visuals are spectacular. I have not played much of the campaign as of yet but from what I have played it seems DICE has tried to immerse the player into a more cinematic experience than the first Bad Company. All in all this is a great game, campaign seems fairly good and the multiplayer is extremely solid. Expand
  71. RemingtonW
    Mar 2, 2010
    Coming from a long time battlefield fan, BFBC2 is well worth the money. Great graphics, shooting is solid and multilayer is as good as ever, please bring a mic as teamwork is what makes this game worlds ahead of the mindless killing of MW2. That said, the single player is the weaker part of the game, havnt spent much time there.
  72. SeanW
    Mar 2, 2010
    Excellent multiplayer. Destructible environments. Vehicles. Awesome sound production. Balanced play. Good maps.
  73. SuleimanY
    Mar 24, 2010
    The multiplayer is 10 out of ten if your a serious fps gamer like me however its not very noob freindly, which is why it wont sell as much as call of duty. The single player first two missions just blew my mind away then towards the end it just got wierd, repetitive and somewhat boring. Good things - best multiplayer on console Bad things - You cant go prone and Hardcore mode is pretty The multiplayer is 10 out of ten if your a serious fps gamer like me however its not very noob freindly, which is why it wont sell as much as call of duty. The single player first two missions just blew my mind away then towards the end it just got wierd, repetitive and somewhat boring. Good things - best multiplayer on console Bad things - You cant go prone and Hardcore mode is pretty retarded, (every one just uses the sniper rifle). Its a really good idea but they should have just left the health as it was, its just basically no one going after the objectives and people camping in bushes. My game of the year so far. Expand
  74. EchoingCalm
    Mar 3, 2010
    Does this game live up to the hype? Of course it does! Sure the single player may not be "all that it can be", with some minor glitches but it still provides a great experience and the different missions keep things varied from start to finish. Oh and the part where you fight inside a plane with an auto-shotty and every bullet rips holes in the walls and tears apart the seats in clouds of Does this game live up to the hype? Of course it does! Sure the single player may not be "all that it can be", with some minor glitches but it still provides a great experience and the different missions keep things varied from start to finish. Oh and the part where you fight inside a plane with an auto-shotty and every bullet rips holes in the walls and tears apart the seats in clouds of smoke and dust... EPIC. Now the only reason i give it 9 (if i could i would give 9.5) is because of single player, meaning multiplayer is truly flawless. This game will live for years to come with good DLC and support, unlike this other shooter i wont name. Still, the action is non-stop gut tearing fun and the sound effects are the best i have ever heard in a game, when you shoot your gun it actually sounds like its the real deal because you hear the loud echo with every shot. In my opinon, anyone who rates less then 8 is not a shooter fan and does not enjoy an extroardinary multiplayer experience - and should not be rating video games at all. Thank you. Expand
  75. ApocalypseBrown
    Mar 5, 2010
    Cutting out the BS simply put this game is far more enjoyable than MW2, but admittedly it does borrow a lot of aspects from MW2. I enjoyed BC2 single player more because the rather linear narrative does exactly what one should want in a shooter, intense action and less talking! Though enemies are bullet sponges and friendly A.I. is a joke, it's entertaining in a cheap Michael Bay Cutting out the BS simply put this game is far more enjoyable than MW2, but admittedly it does borrow a lot of aspects from MW2. I enjoyed BC2 single player more because the rather linear narrative does exactly what one should want in a shooter, intense action and less talking! Though enemies are bullet sponges and friendly A.I. is a joke, it's entertaining in a cheap Michael Bay kinda way. I enjoy the multiplayer far, far more than MW2 because of these three reasons: 1) Players need SKILL to achieve kills/good squad scores rather than the hacking camping gits in MW2. 2) Leveling up is way fairer, a guy with a lower rank can still stand a chance against a General rather than getting blown away instantly like in MW2. 3) NO POLITICS INVOLVED! I'm pissed off with the anti Middle East/ pro US BS, just deliver games than are escapism with no hidden agendas behind them! A solid 9, mainly for the multiplayer though! Expand
  76. simonp
    Mar 7, 2010
    I give the single player an 8 and multiplayer a 10. Single player is a blast and looks and sounds great. It is fairly derivitive though; nothing really new. What's there is very well done and there's a good variety to the levels, if not the core gameplay. Weapons have a great feel to them, which is important in a shooter. This game really earns its stripes with multiplayer. I give the single player an 8 and multiplayer a 10. Single player is a blast and looks and sounds great. It is fairly derivitive though; nothing really new. What's there is very well done and there's a good variety to the levels, if not the core gameplay. Weapons have a great feel to them, which is important in a shooter. This game really earns its stripes with multiplayer. I'm a late comer to the Battlefield series, having started with the excellent 1943. This has the same riotous unpredictability of that game, just on much bigger scale. CODMF2 left me cold but I am hooked on this - a much better multiplayer experience in my opinion. Enjoy. Expand
  77. AverageChris
    Mar 9, 2010
    If it wasn't for the campaign, I'd give this a ten. I was disappointed on how slowly the campaign was at the beginning, but it picked itself up afterward the first half was finished. With that said, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. Big Battlefields riddled with destructible buildings and environments is what defines this game. Intense moments arise when you find out the If it wasn't for the campaign, I'd give this a ten. I was disappointed on how slowly the campaign was at the beginning, but it picked itself up afterward the first half was finished. With that said, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. Big Battlefields riddled with destructible buildings and environments is what defines this game. Intense moments arise when you find out the building you are currently in is about to collapse. The graphics look excellent, and sometimes I lose myself to the backdrops of the multiplayer maps. Sound design is something to behold, with explosions deafening temporarily and even the subtle trash talking of the soldiers online. Controls are very fluid whether your running around the maps, driving in a tank, or flying a helicopter. Plus plenty of things to unlock, albeit they are somewhat easy to get. This is a game I highly recommend. Expand
  78. MigM
    Apr 3, 2010
    No clue why 3 companies gave it a 70... in my opinion, GameInformer's review is the best. They are professional and have people playing the game that actually like shooters, they don't compare to other games, they look at it as if Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3 never came out. And *laughs* I have never heard of a company named "Total Video Games", "Games (TM)", or "Teletext No clue why 3 companies gave it a 70... in my opinion, GameInformer's review is the best. They are professional and have people playing the game that actually like shooters, they don't compare to other games, they look at it as if Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3 never came out. And *laughs* I have never heard of a company named "Total Video Games", "Games (TM)", or "Teletext Gamecentral". So people, stick to the experts review (GameInformer, Gamepro, Eurogamer, Team Xbox, and Gametrailers) they know what they're talking about. Expand
  79. JacobR
    Mar 19, 2010
    An incredible game. Battlefield games have always been multiplayer focused and even though the story mode is nothing groundbreaking, it is still brilliant fun. the multiplayer is outstanding. Get together a gorup of battlefield franchise competent friends and just enjoy the best muliplayer on xbox live. The games are just as fun as any of the matches I've played on PC aswell!
  80. MichaelP.
    Apr 11, 2010
    An incredibly fun game online, and feels so realistic when in the heat of battle. Scares the crap out of you when a wall gets blown up right in your face...and you suddenly have to run for cover. I actually traded COD MW2 towards the purchase of this title, and have never looked back. If you want the real deal, that makes you think twice before hiding behind a structure in the An incredibly fun game online, and feels so realistic when in the heat of battle. Scares the crap out of you when a wall gets blown up right in your face...and you suddenly have to run for cover. I actually traded COD MW2 towards the purchase of this title, and have never looked back. If you want the real deal, that makes you think twice before hiding behind a structure in the maps...it's all here. Expand
  81. Aug 13, 2010
    This game rocks. BFBC2 clearly is more balanced in terms of guns and gameplay than MW2. I only have one concern, they should have provided more maps n modes for the game. If you want to play tactically in a squad, this game is for u :D 910 for multiplayer. 810 for single player.
  82. Aug 22, 2010
    Much much better then mw2. I still play mw2 but if i had to burn one of them games I wouldn't even think about it. Although i was not a fan on the campaign it was still interesting but the multiplayer is by far the upside of the game.
    Getting to pic guys off running around in rush. Reviving team mates, drivin cars, tanks, helicopters. It is a great FPS stratagy game. I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Review9
  83. Aug 24, 2010
    I couldn't wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2 to come out in March, sick and tired of Modern Warfare 2 and its alarming acceptance of the casual gamer. I was not disappointed. BFBC2 is better or as good as Modern Warfare 2 in every area, except for fanbase size (surprising considering this is a much better game) . This is the year that Battlefield has eclipsed Call of Duty in terms ofI couldn't wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2 to come out in March, sick and tired of Modern Warfare 2 and its alarming acceptance of the casual gamer. I was not disappointed. BFBC2 is better or as good as Modern Warfare 2 in every area, except for fanbase size (surprising considering this is a much better game) . This is the year that Battlefield has eclipsed Call of Duty in terms of enjoyability and gameplay.

First, the sound FX and graphics are both extremely detailed. The environments are very large and well-rendered, and the game runs very smoothly even when there is lots of action on the field. The sound is stunning, featuring an excellent soundtrack by Mikael Karlsson (although I think MW2's soundtrack is better) However, MW2 does not have sound FX that are even close to the magnitude of BFBC2. A sniper shot. A mortar volley. A grenade launcher. All of these sound realistic, whether they are flying by you and around you or you are delivering them unto others. The campaign is much better than before, sporting less scripted gameplay with an average story. Gameplay in BFBC2 has been vastly improved over its predecessor. There is many more game modes, much more variety in weapons (statistically), more vehicles, enhanced destruction, improved physics engine, better servers, balanced gameplay, and (arguably the most important) feedback from DICE and response from them. Arguably, that is what sets ths game apart the most from IW's overhyped disaster. For example, nearly every glitch and balancing issue (including the dreaded M60 LMG Sniper and 1-hit kill snipers in Hardcore) has been fixed. Meanwhile, IW has fixed only a few, extremely large glitches that shouldn't have even made it into the game. This game is a must-buy if you enjoy fun, balanced shooters where you won't get killed randomly all the time.
  84. Sep 16, 2010
    I'll make this quick and easy.

Singleplayer - 9 (Not the best, but I really liked it) Multiplayer - 10 (Very balanced, vehicles, 24 players) Gameplay - 10 (AI isn't stupid, Graphics are amazing, Destruction 2.0) Playability - 10 (Small learning curve, Tight Controls, No Hosts for servers) Replayability - 9 (Maps are starting to get stale(Vietnam!), Very fun, Intense combat) Much more
    I'll make this quick and easy.

Singleplayer - 9 (Not the best, but I really liked it)
    Multiplayer - 10 (Very balanced, vehicles, 24 players)
    Gameplay - 10 (AI isn't stupid, Graphics are amazing, Destruction 2.0)
    Playability - 10 (Small learning curve, Tight Controls, No Hosts for servers)

Much more teamwork w/o having to talk. For me it's an upside. Using the context sensitive keys you can designate what you want to do or want others to do with ease. From spotting enemies, to asking for ammo/health, or asking to ride in vehicles, it's mostly all there. If only you could have 2 channels, 1 for squad talk and 1 for team talk. I gave this game a 9 because it isn't perfect and doesn't deserve a 10 for me. Compared to other famous FPS's out there, this is the highest score I have given. CoD MW gets an 8, MW2 gets a 6, Halo Reach got a 7, and I won't even get Black Ops.
  85. Sep 21, 2010
    excellent game, exceeded my expectations and i actually prefer it to CoD as the multiplayer is less flawed and less cheaters around, variety of online games is a bit poor though. Story mode is quite engaging and fairly lengthy too
  86. Sep 28, 2010
    Simply the most explosive, unbelievably intense & varied battlefield experience you will be talking about with your friends until the next iteration comes out! Bring on the Vietnam DLC!!! Battlefield presents you with hundreds of WTF situations, in a good way (affectionately known as "Battlefield Moments") Simply outclasses all competition. BUY IT! (& I'll see you on the battlefield!) XboxSimply the most explosive, unbelievably intense & varied battlefield experience you will be talking about with your friends until the next iteration comes out! Bring on the Vietnam DLC!!! Battlefield presents you with hundreds of WTF situations, in a good way (affectionately known as "Battlefield Moments") Simply outclasses all competition. BUY IT! (& I'll see you on the battlefield!) Xbox live handle "|| BKSP ||" Expand
  87. Oct 6, 2010
    This game is very fun online for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. The maps are huge meaning brilliant sniping, tank or airbourne fights are immense. The campaign can be fun at parts but is very boring when your file save corrupts which it always seems to do. The online is great for tactical play as addictive rush mode is brilliant. However if you dont have xbox live or have dial upThis game is very fun online for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. The maps are huge meaning brilliant sniping, tank or airbourne fights are immense. The campaign can be fun at parts but is very boring when your file save corrupts which it always seems to do. The online is great for tactical play as addictive rush mode is brilliant. However if you dont have xbox live or have dial up the campaign alone probably isnt worth it. Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2010
    The single-player campaign follows the story of a bunch of soldiers as they travel around the world on the hunt for a mythical weapon of mass destruction which absolutely must not fall into the hands of the Russians. It's a typical story of unlikely heroes as they attempt to save the world, and it will take you across a great variety of locations that range from frozen mountains to denselyThe single-player campaign follows the story of a bunch of soldiers as they travel around the world on the hunt for a mythical weapon of mass destruction which absolutely must not fall into the hands of the Russians. It's a typical story of unlikely heroes as they attempt to save the world, and it will take you across a great variety of locations that range from frozen mountains to densely packed jungles.

Unfortunately, DICE still hasn't wowed us with its single-player design in Bad Company 2. Unforgivable bugs, linked to a weak trigger point system, cheapen a campaign that's far from brilliant in the first place - even without taking the bugs into account, Bad Company 2 still plays out unremarkably. Hopefully Bad Company 3 will make a strong campaign. (For once in the Battlefield series!)

But, for many, the campaign won't matter one bit. These people come for the multiplayer and that's where Bad Company 2 delivers. Here the destructible environments of the campaign take on a new meaning. Your target might be waiting inside a shack. An enemy squad may be using a tower as a spawning point. This can all change with just a few well placed explosives as you literally level the playing field. It adds an extra tier of strategy to the game as you struggle to work through extended fights, adapting your approach to the fight as the world around you crumbles.

Little squads can be created, making larger teams into strike forces which can each play a specific role. Then within that squad, players can choose between four load-out kits that range from the light machinegun toting medic to the SMG wielding specialist engineer. Each has its own weapons and unique tools that allow you to set yourself up as a small but integral part in the team's success. Teamwork is the key in this game so if your used to never playing with friends or sticking together with other players, you will die A LOT.

What impressed me the most with Bad Company 2 is how flexible the multiplayer game is. The class system allows you to choose what your approach to battle will be. It's the maps and modes that allow you to choose exactly what kind of game you want to play. There is a huge difference between the giant and extended team Rush games which is an attack and defend mode which plays out across expansive maps and features lots of vehicles -- and the tighter Squad Deathmatch games which can feel like there's an enemy around every corner. If you care for something in between, you can just hop into a Conquest game to try your hand at the classic Battlefield fight over specific areas controlled by raising and lowering flags.

In my view, Bad Company 2's online is the best around (Yes, BETTER than CoD and Halo) but has a weak campain so just misses out on 10!
  89. Nov 27, 2010
    This is the game to own if you like team work, and realism. Sure it has glitches, and time where you are ready to smash your TV, but there is nothing better than playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on hardcore on a rainy Sunday with a couple of friends. This game is 10x better than any Call of Duty, those games are for kids. This is a mans game
  90. Apr 11, 2011
    This game is great if you love good relaxing storyline and a intense Multilayer with a wide range of weapons and vehicles. by relaxing storyline, I mean you don't get frustrated that you died 2000 times.
  91. Jan 8, 2011
    Battlefield has always been a great set of games and Bad Company 2 is no exception. BFBC2's strength is in the online multiplayer game play across 5 game modes (you can download additional modes like "Vietnam" for more $$) & a good deal of unlock able weapons & gadgets. The single player campaign is worth a play through but you probably won't care about revisiting it. With EABattlefield has always been a great set of games and Bad Company 2 is no exception. BFBC2's strength is in the online multiplayer game play across 5 game modes (you can download additional modes like "Vietnam" for more $$) & a good deal of unlock able weapons & gadgets. The single player campaign is worth a play through but you probably won't care about revisiting it. With EA constantly upgrading /updating the game & a loyal fan base, you will have a blast with Bad Company 2! Expand
  92. Jan 16, 2011
    Bad Company 2 truly blows the recent Call Of Duty games out of the water. It's realism, intensity and fast paced action online just make the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. In comparison, Modern Warfare1/2 lack realism, with GI's calling in harriers and gunships every 5 seconds and Commando Pro allowing infinite drop height. Another feature that makes Bad Company so spectacularBad Company 2 truly blows the recent Call Of Duty games out of the water. It's realism, intensity and fast paced action online just make the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. In comparison, Modern Warfare1/2 lack realism, with GI's calling in harriers and gunships every 5 seconds and Commando Pro allowing infinite drop height. Another feature that makes Bad Company so spectacular online is the maps, of which there are many, and all are extremely well made. Destruction 2.0 also changes the way maps are played - if a house is full of snipers, knock it down. While the maps on Modern Warfare games are also well made, they are far too small, making real sniping impossible, and creating a pathetic and frustrating niche of 'quick scoping' and 'no scoping'. The campaign was great, though admittedly too short. It looked fantastic and played great, and with no set path and destructible buildings, every playthrough is different and intense. Expand
  93. Mar 23, 2011
    If there's any game that deserves to be called one of the best shooters of 2010, it's this game. I'm tired of hearing about the extremely hyped up Call of Duty Black Ops, the game that I gave a 5, not a 10 or a 9, but a 5. If you want to know why I don't like Black Ops, read my review. In my opinion, Battlefield BC 2 is not hyped up enough. The experiences I had with this game far exceedIf there's any game that deserves to be called one of the best shooters of 2010, it's this game. I'm tired of hearing about the extremely hyped up Call of Duty Black Ops, the game that I gave a 5, not a 10 or a 9, but a 5. If you want to know why I don't like Black Ops, read my review. In my opinion, Battlefield BC 2 is not hyped up enough. The experiences I had with this game far exceed Call of Duty. So with that said, let me explain the reasons why Battlefield BC 2 is superior to Black Ops. The game's multiplayer is actually pretty similar to Call of Duty, because it runs on a similar engine. However, unlike Black Ops, or any other COD game for that matter, Battlefield BC 2 actually adds MORE to it. That's called updating, Activision. You did a good job with GoldenEye, but not with COD, regardless of how popular the series is. Battlefield's multiplayer gives you everything that COD has, AND MORE! For example: you can't drive tanks in COD, you can't fly choppers in COD, you destroy buildings in COD, and it's easier to camp in COD. One thing I never liked about COD is anybody can play it, because it's so easy to play. You can camp in a corner the whole game, and be the MVP. In Battlefield BC 2, it's nearly impossible to camp since buildings and walls can be destroyed, exposing you. This means you'll actually have to run around the field and fight rather than just staying in one spot the whole time. Unless of course, you're a sniper, but it is more difficult to snipe in this game, but that's the magic of BBC2, it's challenging. The game is very realistic and chaotic in the multiplayer, the realism in this game far surpasses COD. Now I've never been a guy who cares about realism in video games, but when it comes to games that are trying to be a realistic warfare game, Battlefield delivers much better than COD does. My favorite things though, that BBC2 has that COD doesn't, are the vehicles. But much more importantly, it's not just tanks and four wheelers, but choppers too. You can put together teams on a vehicles and buff it up to start annihilating the other team. The chopper however, is the most fun. Imagine being in a chopper with your team and just covering up the whole ground with bullets. The other team hiding in doors so they can stay safe from you, but then you can just destroy the roof, and expose them. It gives you a much greater sense of accomplishment than getting a headshot in COD doesn't it? Another cool thing is the classes. The classes are almost as customizable as they are in a COD game, except you can choose a type of class that gives you special supportive abilities to help your team. Like Medic, who can heal or revive other players. Engineers, who can repair vehicles and other types of equipment. Recon, who are snipers, and can call air strikes to attack an enemy base. Or Assault, in which you can supply ammo to your allies, and better equipment for assaulting. But even if you're a medic, you can still do some great damage to the enemy team with light machine guns and grenades and vehicles. But the thing that makes the multiplayer superior to the COD multiplayer, is that it's much more like fighting in a real war than COD is. So the multiplayer in this game really shines, and is a whole lot of fun. My friends and I can't get enough of it. As far as the campaign goes, it's great. Best shooter campaign I've seen all year. The characters are very memorable, which is unusual for a shooter campaign, and the story is full of drama, action, and comedy. I have to admit, I havn't finished the campaign yet, but based on what I've played from it, it's really good. I'm almost finished with it though, pretty sure I have 2 more levels left befopre finishing it. And DLC? Tons and tons and tons of DLC. You'll be amazed by how much DLC it has. It has at least twice as much DLC, maybe even more, than any COD game. Lots of great maps and game modes, and unlike COD, this game actually requires skill. Overall, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a load of fun, and is a must buy if you are a big fan of shooters. Far better than COD Black Ops. Battlefield Bad Company 2 gets a 9/10, and is my choice for 2010 Best Multiplayer Game. Can't wait for Battlefield 3. :) Expand
  94. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece and it's the best FPS I am able to play at the moment on my Xbox. -Its realism is great. The only bad point is the necessity of sometimes have to empty an entire mag to defeat an enemy on multiplayer mode.
    -Its equipment kit - class system is original and foments team playing that's more realistic than being Rambo in such games like its main rival Call of Duty, and changes completely the view of the game.
    -Flawless graphics.

I can't wait for Battlefield 3.
  95. Mar 3, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the way sequels should be made. It looks like DICE has listened to the community with regards to the gripes of the original Bad Company and has, in return, delivered a near-perfect shooter. First of all, Bad Company 2 has been built on the Frostbite 1.5 engine. It's basically a modification of the previous engine, nonetheless, it delivers with sharper textures,Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the way sequels should be made. It looks like DICE has listened to the community with regards to the gripes of the original Bad Company and has, in return, delivered a near-perfect shooter. First of all, Bad Company 2 has been built on the Frostbite 1.5 engine. It's basically a modification of the previous engine, nonetheless, it delivers with sharper textures, improved lighting and shading. Then we come to the destructibility, which was not quite we hoped for in the original Bad Company. It came across as a marketing gimmick. In Bad Company 2,everything you see on screen can be destroyed, from buildings to trees. That is why the player is unable to open doors, just equip a grenade launcher and blow a hole through the wall. The gameplay remains more or less the same, collectibles return from the first game, and that's by no means a bad thing. I enjoyed exploring the maps and discovering new weapons to make use of in the campaign. This time around, the weapons feel more satisfying to fire, unlike the than those in the original Bad Company. The AI is definitely smarter, and will attempt to flank you now and then, this can lead to some challenging, yet immersive firefights. The single-player lasts about 6 hours on normal difficulty, which in my opinion, left me wanting more.However, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a highly polished shooter that has bettered the original in every way. The campaign is no more a throwaway, and is driven by an engrossing narrative. In terms of single player, it's more rewarding than it's Call Of Duty counterparts. Expand
  96. Mar 4, 2011
    The best FPS I have ever played. Destructible environments, HUGE maps and a large variety of weapons and attachments leads to a completely customizable experience. I would have rated a 10 but the game lacks a true cover mechanic (Like Rainbow Six Vegas games) and its hard to distinguish an enemy from a teammate (the name above the head takes too long to emerge). I have played over 750The best FPS I have ever played. Destructible environments, HUGE maps and a large variety of weapons and attachments leads to a completely customizable experience. I would have rated a 10 but the game lacks a true cover mechanic (Like Rainbow Six Vegas games) and its hard to distinguish an enemy from a teammate (the name above the head takes too long to emerge). I have played over 750 hours on this game and keep coming back! Expand
  97. Mar 14, 2011
    One of the best games i have every played. The multi-player is superb and really has a team spirit that Call of Duty lacks. I hope there is a BC3 along with BF3. Keep up the good work Dice!
  98. Mar 19, 2011
    A "meh" campaign can hardly tarnish the incredible fun available online with Bad Company 2. The combination of tactical gameplay, destroyable environments, outstanding sounds, and group teamwork elevates Bad Company 2 into the category of elite online experiences found on the 360.
  99. Apr 7, 2011
    What has always separated Battlefield from other shooters is the shear size of the maps, speaking about multiplayer of course. One thing that has always irritated me was tiny small multiplayer maps with 12 people running around pumping as much lead at each other as possible. Its a cage match constantly, although does at some point require skill but no teamwork or real tactics are used.What has always separated Battlefield from other shooters is the shear size of the maps, speaking about multiplayer of course. One thing that has always irritated me was tiny small multiplayer maps with 12 people running around pumping as much lead at each other as possible. Its a cage match constantly, although does at some point require skill but no teamwork or real tactics are used. With Battlefield the multiplayer maps are huge allowing you to create a squad and use tactics and teamwork to defeat the enemy players. I love the huge maps did I say this already?....being able to snipe somebody at 1000 yards really interests me ya know? I have had a lot of holy sh*t and wow moments online with this game, its truly one of the finest online shooters I have ever played. The bullet trajectory is a really nice feature, most shooters you point your reticule on the target and shoot...well this game you actually have to adjust and make up for the distance as the bullet tumbles in order to burn your target. The over all feel of this game just fits from its destructible environments, to the vehicles and helicopters flying over head as you hide away in bushes or a blown up house. The single player campaign is descent, its kind of short and there are some pretty heavy moments in the campaign that can get somewhat frustrating on hard of course but no different then any other game. The real potential of this game is in the multiplayer, dedicated servers is a very nice addition to this game that alone is a plus. If your an fps fan and if you have not already played this game you really should because your missing out. Expand
  100. Oct 14, 2011
    Best FPS leading up to BF3. We all sank 500+ hours into it, and loved it. Slightly clunky controls, but more than makes up for this with audacious features in all departments. Infantry-centric with vehicles. Most fun for sniping in multiplayer of any shooter in history. Story that knew not to take itself too seriously. SkizDriz's game of the year 2010.

1. Not content to settle for second place, DICE throws down the gauntlet with Bad Company 2, delivering its best multiplayer package since Battlefield 2 and a remarkably improved single-player campaign that openly mocks its rival while cribbing from them at the same time. [Issue#203, p.84]
  2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is one of the best shooters of this generation. The game has steel-solid mechanics, top gen graphics and an incredible multiplayer. Call of Duty has a new rival.
    Bad Company 2 as an online shooter is flexible and engaging, offering several features that the competition can only dream of. If you're looking for a more strategic and team-based change of pace, look no further. This is the game for you.