Binary Domain Xbox 360

8.0

1. Feb 29, 2012
    Surprise Hit of the Year : I'm having an absolute blast playing this game! It is refreshing to see heart and soul in a video game again, pure Japanese glory. In short, blowing robots is fun and rewarding, shards and explosions abound. The game has a wonderful pace that keeps you in the action and enthrals with good story-telling. The multiplayer is not as flushed out as it could be,Surprise Hit of the Year : I'm having an absolute blast playing this game! It is refreshing to see heart and soul in a video game again, pure Japanese glory. In short, blowing robots is fun and rewarding, shards and explosions abound. The game has a wonderful pace that keeps you in the action and enthrals with good story-telling. The multiplayer is not as flushed out as it could be, nonetheless, it is an enjoyable experienced that is added to the package.

This game is the best robot shooter I have ever played to date. The soundtrack provides a fusion rock and electronic music that blends well with the slick environments, from calm to intense battles. You have a new fan, Thank You Toshihiro Nagoshi and Team! - A Californian
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    binary domain is an all round good game its not bring anything new but wot it does, it does well, is got a great story an action to keep you playing,for me this game play a lot better than syndicate ,i got both game on the same day and out of the 2 binary was the most enjoyed
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    Binary's Domain theme is a mixture between "Terminator" with "I Robot" (the movie with Will Smith) in a third-person shooter, with a gameplay action that resemble "Vanquish", with the same quality, and is very well worked graphically, with really cool effects and details, especially on the Bosses.

The game's story turn around the 21st century, when global warming worsens, and thus, 70% of large cities are flooded, many uninhabitable, and much of the population dies - the governments decide to build new and modern cities above the ruinned and old parts of the cities, that are partially flooded and, where the people still live on extreme poverty - but a problem arises: who would build the new city now that the labor was scarce?

The answer came in the form of robots, which invariably causes a company, in this case American (called Berger Industries), becoming the world's largest megacorporation and the U.S. become the sovereign nation in this new World. Due to the U.S. global hegemony and the increased use of robots, a new Geneva Convention is made in 2040, and includes a clause 21 to deal with Robots.

40 years after these events, after an attempted assassination of U.S. President, and it becomes public that there are robots among us, with human skin covering metal skeletons (Terminator style), called "Hollow Children", and they did not know they are machines... at this point enters your team, which is part of "Rust Squad", which deals directly with clause 21 of the New Treaty of Geneva, and is a multi-national Team with several specialists, and in this mission of the game you're infiltrating Japan where a scientist is involved with some prohibited matters.

The share of action in the game, is punctuated by history, very well written and dramatic, and I was impressed with the quality of it for a Shooter - the graphics are great, especially the struggle against the Bosses - the giant spider will be the first Boos that will impress many people, and you must destroy the armor pieces of it in order to hit nuclei of energy in the legs, while protecting from being crushed / struck by his bullets and missiles.

Enemies will splinter and break acording to where you shoot them, and the damage varies with the location shoots (ex: if it loses a leg, it will drags it on the ground, and chest, he will lose armor plate). The acting and music are well done.

There also big enemies, that impress and frighten by their size, and through the phases are linear (the only negative thing), it's still a lot of action, and the game is a great surprise from SEGA, like Vanquish was last year.

The game has also a Skills system: these Skills are activated by nanochips that you buy from vending machines you find in every stage, and fit into a Grid in the Satus Menu, each one with a limited space, and the Skills vary between diverse powers, eg 10% Bonus Defense, Faster reload, more damage to enemies, etc.. and the nanochips has variable size and shape to be fitted into the Upgrade Grid.

Binary's Domain also feature a Trust system, based in your responses and combat attitude: if it is negative, the Team don't obbey your orders; a negative point of the gameplay comes in the form of the Team AI: the people stubbornly get in front of you while you're shooting... and this gets your Trust level down; the bid of loyalty and trust do not seems to have any impact on the overall history, but sometime is a little annoying, because in the middle of the game you have to stop and read the pre-set responses, since they often vary according to subject the speech.

You can change your Squad team members between the game stages, and the game has many refueling points / upgrades in the form of Vendor Machines, of course, since you have the credits of course... the game Save points are in the form of checkpoints, often unclear, which is when appear a small square made of rotating pixels at the corner of the screen.

The game has also several collectibles: it seems that there are 70 files with things about this game world, in a virtual form of spreadsheets, plus there is a gallery for enemies and weapons, with detailed data about them. About the difficulty I'm playing at the No Survior (usually Hard, and there's only one above, the No Mercy), and don't found it so hard in fact, you can play very well, especially if one is accustomed to third-person shooters. The game has also support for the Head-Set, you can use (or not, in this case using the LB to get the answers by text) to command your allies in your Team in Singleplayer Mode - and the game has Multiplayer modes in Live, and consequently, Xbox Live only achievements (this mode is said to be like Horde Mode in Gears of War).

Until now, this is the one of the best games of 2012 till now, for me (besides Syndicate), and is one of the best shooters in the third person I've ever played in the Xbox 360. My score: 8,6.
  4. Feb 29, 2012
    At first Binary Domain appears as a standard third-person-shooter. The fact that this game takes all the good things from other great third-person-shooters and combines it makes this game an awesome action game for every fan of the genre. The graphics mostly look great: The aimations of the characters,. the motion blur and especially the destruction of the enemy robots never gets boringAt first Binary Domain appears as a standard third-person-shooter. The fact that this game takes all the good things from other great third-person-shooters and combines it makes this game an awesome action game for every fan of the genre. The graphics mostly look great: The aimations of the characters,. the motion blur and especially the destruction of the enemy robots never gets boring couse it just looks too cool. The scenario seem to look quite boring, but it's fitting right into the setting of an incredibly modern society. And last but not least: the story is the best I remember of a shooter for a long time. Well written with interesting and funny characters, told with long and great cutscenes.
    The gameplay itself never gets old: Giant Bossfights, tactical & action-packed gameplay... and the possibility to actually talk to your squadmembers and also to answer if they're asking you for tactical options and totally random stuff, too.
    Binary Domain doesn't make many things new but almost everything perfect!
  5. Feb 28, 2012
    I'm not going to go into the story very much, because Xborn74 already made a very good account of it, but I can say that it is very gritty, and well produced. I especially liked the fact that the conversations in Japanese were subtitled, and there are some good twists abound near the end. Voice acting is solid and the banter between characters is also very good; it's hard not to like theI'm not going to go into the story very much, because Xborn74 already made a very good account of it, but I can say that it is very gritty, and well produced. I especially liked the fact that the conversations in Japanese were subtitled, and there are some good twists abound near the end. Voice acting is solid and the banter between characters is also very good; it's hard not to like the main characters, of which there is a good mix of ethnicity's. The story is fairly emotional and definitely aimed at an Adult audience. There are quite a lot of cut-scenes at a very high quality.

The single player is a decent length, clocking in at around just over 10 hours, and there is re-playability in the fact that you can pick different squad members who have different conversations throughout the campaign. The combat is extremely solid and the bosses are immense on a Lost Plant scale. There are no energy bars, so the only way to tell if your hurting them is the actual damage that they have taken i.e. when you start to destroy their armour. You can easily become immersed in these battles, and the bosses can take massive amounts of damage before they are defeated, just like the movie The Terminator. You get a real sense of achievement when you finally take one down and there are parts of the game where you face a gauntlet of tough enemies. You need to make good use of weapon upgrades and nanomites (skill upgrades), bought using credits earned in game, if you want to secede!

The voice controls work well, but it's just as easy issuing commands and aiming banter at your team mates using button presses (simply hold lb and use a face button).

The MP is decent, but the SP is this game's bread and butter.

This game really is a gem, and I would it recommend to anyone looking for an intense and immersive game. Personally I'm already on my third play-through and it still seems fresh and enjoyable. To get the best experience, it's best to play on either survivor or no mercy difficulty, both of which can be tricky, but not unfair.

I really can't see any negative points for this game, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a perfect 10. Certainly my favourite game of 2012 so far - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
  6. Feb 28, 2012
    An interesting and well directed story, good solid characters, a well balanced mix of humour and deepness that drive into suspense, an outstanding playability, the smoothness of controls, a superior AI, often above average graphics, the variety of scenarios, the ability to suck in the action and the best boss-fights ever seen since a long time now are just few of the reasons that makesAn interesting and well directed story, good solid characters, a well balanced mix of humour and deepness that drive into suspense, an outstanding playability, the smoothness of controls, a superior AI, often above average graphics, the variety of scenarios, the ability to suck in the action and the best boss-fights ever seen since a long time now are just few of the reasons that makes Binary Domain one of the best shot actually on the market, it's definitely worth the fee cause it's a real gem that will let play itself several time before letting you say "ok, now I definitely want Binary Domain 2". Few little things like some voice not always "perfect" at a given time, a sporadic repetitiveness of some teammates in few circumstances, or the smallness of some non-shooting areas doesn't scratch a bit the greatness of this game. Just do yourself a favour, it's a wonderful 2PS or "TPS", as good as GoW series if not even better, don't ruin it pick watching anything on the web, if you can think you could like the gender buy it blindfold, you will not be disappointed. I can highly recommend this game, I give it an overall 9,8 (better CG on PS3 but better controls and details on 360) cause it deserves it, happy robot wrecking to everyone...and thanks to you Nagoshi for this great game. Expand
  7. Feb 29, 2012
    If you like the idea of playing a shooter that has well developed characters, a thought-provoking (if somewhat wrote) premise, solid gunplay, a sci-fi Jap-anime art-style, a solid cover-oriented team shooter, and some RPG-lite player development aspects thrown in, then really this is among the best there is for that. If the above puts you off, then avoid or wait until it hits the bargain bin.
  8. Feb 29, 2012
    While it may not have the polish of some of the big budget titles on the market, it more than makes up for it in charm. This sleeper hit will surely surprise more than it will disappoint, especially with it's more than capable third person combat and fun and often times humorous banter shared between comrades that you have the ability to direct. The squad combat is great, but where theWhile it may not have the polish of some of the big budget titles on the market, it more than makes up for it in charm. This sleeper hit will surely surprise more than it will disappoint, especially with it's more than capable third person combat and fun and often times humorous banter shared between comrades that you have the ability to direct. The squad combat is great, but where the game really shines is the sense of destruction you cause on your robot enemies as their armor flies off and you tear them apart. It's an awesome game that unfortunately will be overlooked by many due to it not being a big budget game. Expand
  9. Feb 28, 2012
    I really wish I could give this game 9.5 as the only thing that bugs me is when my team mates walk into my line of fire and give me **** if they get hit. It's a tense 3rd person shooter with character attribute customization, party selection, a trust system, controls feel tight and the visuals are clean and convey a futuristic feel without having to make everything everywhere chrome whichI really wish I could give this game 9.5 as the only thing that bugs me is when my team mates walk into my line of fire and give me **** if they get hit. It's a tense 3rd person shooter with character attribute customization, party selection, a trust system, controls feel tight and the visuals are clean and convey a futuristic feel without having to make everything everywhere chrome which I didn't think was possible. This games made by sega's yakuza team and well worth the price. Oh if it sweetens the deal there's a french robot. Expand
  10. Feb 29, 2012
    I really like this game its exactly what i want in a 3rd person shooter. solid cover mechanics, interesting animations, pretty good quality AI, fast paced. Voice commands are a little suspect but still not awful.
  11. May 9, 2012
    Recently picked this up after Syndicate ended up being a bust. It's a "Gears of War" style game with a "I-Robot meets Bladerunner" plotline. While not original it is a breath of fresh air compared to most new shooters. 10+ hours campaign and a mediocre yet playable multiplayer. You can use voice commands to talk to your squad in the campaign which is great. It has some RPG elements when itRecently picked this up after Syndicate ended up being a bust. It's a "Gears of War" style game with a "I-Robot meets Bladerunner" plotline. While not original it is a breath of fresh air compared to most new shooters. 10+ hours campaign and a mediocre yet playable multiplayer. You can use voice commands to talk to your squad in the campaign which is great. It has some RPG elements when it comes to your team's abilities and morale as well. Big surprise of 2012 so far. Expand
  12. Mar 5, 2012
    Some problems with voice recognition and a little lack of polish here and there are not enough to diminish this great archievement by Toshihiro Nagoshi's team. Great Shooting, enemy designs, story, and the cheesy characters kept me nailed to the couch 'til the credits started rolling. A must -play.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    It is very likely you, at present, do not own a copy of this very charming third person shooter. A game designed in the East with the mindset of the West at the forefront of its development, the result is something surreal. A game with balanced combat, great visuals, impressive boss fights and an enjoyable, if slightly surreal, plot to weave them all together in one of the most completeIt is very likely you, at present, do not own a copy of this very charming third person shooter. A game designed in the East with the mindset of the West at the forefront of its development, the result is something surreal. A game with balanced combat, great visuals, impressive boss fights and an enjoyable, if slightly surreal, plot to weave them all together in one of the most complete and enjoyable campaigns I have ever played in a shooter. The package is, however, somewhat let down by its multiplayer component. Its a tack on, and I have no other words for it. Obviously an obligation rather than concern, the developers have made no exemplary effort to set Binary Domain's multiplayer apart from the herd. It can, however, be enjoyable for small sessions at a time but will never raise you out of your seat or impress in you anyway. Is this a game for the competitive purist? Neigh, but it is likely the best campaign you will find in a third person shooter this year. Highly recommended. Expand
  14. Apr 15, 2012
    Binary Domain is a great game. I was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed it. For those of you who don't know much about it, BD is a third person shooter with some lite rpg elements thrown in and is drawn together by a well told and interesting story. The game is set in Japan and you play the entirety of it as one character in an extended team of specialists who form what is called aBinary Domain is a great game. I was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed it. For those of you who don't know much about it, BD is a third person shooter with some lite rpg elements thrown in and is drawn together by a well told and interesting story. The game is set in Japan and you play the entirety of it as one character in an extended team of specialists who form what is called a 'rust crew'. As things progress you get to choose 2 characters of the rust crew to join you during your missions however the story makes it clear that the other characters on the roster are not inactive but are fighting the battle simultaneously undertaking their own specific missions. This gives the feeling that you really are a team tackling the bigger objective together and there are numerous times when all characters meet up at set points providing the option to change up your team. Changing up your team gives the opportunity to delve into the rpg aspects of the game which encourages interaction with the different members of the rust crew with the intention to help you either build up confidence and respect with team mates or diminish it. I loved this. If you max out confidence and respect with certain team mates it can lead to variations in terms of how the story develops in relation to your characters' relationships with the other members of the crew. But, I got the feeling that any rpg developments were always secondary to the direction of the main story and don't hold any real ability to deliver a different ending to the one programmed in. This is not Mass Effect. Still, the rpg elements add a nice touch that lead to a deeper and enjoyable sense of immersion with the unfolding story and are carried out subtly and satisfyingly enough to make it a good inclusion in an otherwise straight up shooter. As a quick aside, it would have been great if you could embark upon multiple play throughs as each member of the rust crew and explore different possible story developments nuanced to each character even if the ending is set in stone. The enemy ai include a good variety of rank and file types to mash up with some specialist classes mixed in and each enemy robot class has it's own distinct look. Let's make no mistake here, Binary Domain is an action title first and foremost so it is it is imperative that the action is decent and let me tell you, the fire fights are bloody fantastic! You will have to use cover appropriately and the cover mechanic works great. Though the arsenal of available weapons isn't extensive they still cover all the typical bases for a modern shooter including assault rifles, sniper rifles, pistols, smgs, shotties and LMG's.You can also spend points earned by destroying hostile robots to upgrade your main weapon and its unique special ability called the Bosonic Charge at vending terminals. Here you can also upgrade your own characters' augmented skills and those of your team mates and each of their primary weapons if you want to. I have to say the boss battles are excellent and there are plenty of them with very little repetition. In fact Binary Domain is not a short game, you get a good solo campaign for your coins and you can adjust the difficulty to bring further challenge especially if you want to play the whole thing co op with a mate. This all adds up to make the action in Binary Domain a highly positive achievement. Add in good lite role playing, fantastic boss battles, an engaging story and fun team mates to fight alongside and for me, BD is a surprising stand out in the third person shooter genre.I highly recommend it. Expand
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    This game was the biggest surprise for me. I wasn't waiting for it, skipped the trailers and haven't played the demo. First hour is kinda dull but then Binary Domain starts to shine with interesting story, fluid gameplay mechanics, likeable characters and boss fights (masterpiece!). It's decent game so well executed that it provides more fun than most of latest AAA's. It's polished and itThis game was the biggest surprise for me. I wasn't waiting for it, skipped the trailers and haven't played the demo. First hour is kinda dull but then Binary Domain starts to shine with interesting story, fluid gameplay mechanics, likeable characters and boss fights (masterpiece!). It's decent game so well executed that it provides more fun than most of latest AAA's. It's polished and it doesn't cut corners with QTE's or cutscenes instead of gameplay. You will do much more than shoot and cover here. Expand
  16. Dec 22, 2012
    Sad story of a brilliant game just not getting good enough advertisement.

Try it now you've finally heard of it, if you like cover shooters, you'll love it.
  17. Dec 21, 2012
    A unknown gem, I bought this game for $20 in a bargain bin and boy did I get more then what I paid for, the game basically combines Vanquish, Final Fantasy and Gears Of War together, giving a great RPG like TPS with command elements, the major reason that game succeeds so much thought is mainly in the story, which has a few different paths to go down and is made more emotional then manyA unknown gem, I bought this game for $20 in a bargain bin and boy did I get more then what I paid for, the game basically combines Vanquish, Final Fantasy and Gears Of War together, giving a great RPG like TPS with command elements, the major reason that game succeeds so much thought is mainly in the story, which has a few different paths to go down and is made more emotional then many other shooters which have become quite mindless in the past few years, the games voice controls may not work properly but it's rare that a shooter try's to get the player to care for the characters and therefore makes a good attempt at something different the only other major problems with the game is that it becomes quite monotonous after a few hours play time, but despite it, there's not much holding it back as one of the best games no one played this year Expand
  18. Mar 1, 2012
    Surprisingly fun. As a fan of RPG's foremost and shooters second, the demo caught my eye with it's squad loyalty system. And while it's not exactly the most complex thing around, it is enjoyable enough that it carried me through the story. Which I enjoyed much more then any call of duty or battlefield game I've played recently.
  19. Mar 2, 2012
    Binary Domain is a fun shooter and a decent sci-fi story that has plenty of intense fights, especially the boss fights where you are usually dealing with a huge robotic creature. The boss fights don't end quickly, but take time and perseverance to win. . .luckily most have stages, thus checkpoints within, so when you die you don't have to go all the way back to the beginning of the fight.Binary Domain is a fun shooter and a decent sci-fi story that has plenty of intense fights, especially the boss fights where you are usually dealing with a huge robotic creature. The boss fights don't end quickly, but take time and perseverance to win. . .luckily most have stages, thus checkpoints within, so when you die you don't have to go all the way back to the beginning of the fight. For the most part the checkpoints are well placed and plentiful which was a pleasant surprise for me. The game has plenty of length, taking me 10.5 hrs of in-game play time in normal mode. I couldn't give it more than an 8 for several reasons: 1) The cover system is too sticky and will frustrate you many times, especially in a lot of the boss fights when you need to run, gun, and get into and out of cover fast. The cover system got me killed more than a few times. 2) You have to die several times, at least, to get through many sequences involving button and stick pushing, in order to figure out what they want you to do. 3) Your squad will more than not get in your line of fire and then **** at you for shooting them. 4) Voice acting while not bad, has to contend with some really campy script at times. Bottom line though, even through the frustrations I have mentioned, it was action packed, I had fun, and you will definitely get your big time fill of shooting robots. Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2013
    The press does not do justice to this game. This is it a real GOOD third person shooter. It has nothing to envy to Gears of Wars or Vanquish, in plot is better than both. It has things that I liked a lot like the characters, and fun gameplay it offers. It can be purchased at a great price, I would not think twice.
  21. Sep 5, 2012
    Ok I'm going to be honest I bought his game recently for a steal of a price and it was worth it!! This is the game terminator salvation should have been! You feel the damage of every bullet! It neve gets old as you destroy countless robots! It plays just like gears of war and visually it is awesome! It's was a complete surprise to me! If you enjoyed deus ex and love the movie blade runnerOk I'm going to be honest I bought his game recently for a steal of a price and it was worth it!! This is the game terminator salvation should have been! You feel the damage of every bullet! It neve gets old as you destroy countless robots! It plays just like gears of war and visually it is awesome! It's was a complete surprise to me! If you enjoyed deus ex and love the movie blade runner I would recommend to pick this up! The storyline at times is silly as well as the charecters trademark catchphrases. However it just added to the pure fun of the game! I like my games simple I just want to put it in and shoot everything that moves just like the good old days! And this delivers! With epic
    Boss battles which you unload your entire arsenal into a robot that is HUGE!! It never gets old! The downside however is the lack of customisation it is very limited! And the acting is a bit underpowered at times. Another thing is due to my accent the voice recognition did not pick me up everything was frustrating! However as previous reviewers have said the cross and homage to terninator an Irobot are their and if u live those two things you shall not be disappointed!! Absolute steal and a surprise of a game which has sadly been overshadowed by "bigger" releases. This is a classic and all I can say is PLEASE SEGA DO ANOTHER!!! Honestly so far in 2012 this has been the standout game for me! And yes i have played mass effect 3!
  22. Mar 14, 2013
    The game is actually quite good in every feature. Animations are specially polished and the feeling during the shootouts is great.
    Maybe the voice commands are a little inaccurate but you can calibrate them as you please. This feature is a nice touch for third person shooters, for sure.
    I'm really enjoying this game and you will probably like it too.
  23. Apr 4, 2013
    Downloaded it on the cheap from Xbox Live Games on Demand, and I like it. It's basically Gears of War with Robots. And some things thrown in to make it a little different. A sleeper hit.
  24. Mar 3, 2012
    This is a game with very good story and characters. It has a lot of well implemented gameplay mechanics and combat feels really good. It's one of the best third-person-shooters I have played!
  25. Mar 28, 2012
    Wow. this game is so overlooked. In my opinion this game is way better then alot of games out right now. Its fun, has replay value, looks clean and crisp, plays well, and has a fun story. I wish more people bought the game so that i could enjoy the multiplayer.
  26. Feb 28, 2012
    Great story, unique and original in some ways, gameplay feels like a gow clone.
    Some nice memorable moments in the game for sure.
    Overall a great game, i give it 8.5/10.

Sega should make a sequel
  27. Mar 23, 2012
    Wow. Biggest surprise of 2012. Like Vanquish before it, Binary Domain has turned out to be another excellent, stylishly executed third-person shooter from Japan. Unlike Vanquish, however, Binary Domain actually tells a somewhat interesting story and although I didn't like the characters at first, they really grew on me and I came to find their banter oddly charming in a sillyWow. Biggest surprise of 2012. Like Vanquish before it, Binary Domain has turned out to be another excellent, stylishly executed third-person shooter from Japan. Unlike Vanquish, however, Binary Domain actually tells a somewhat interesting story and although I didn't like the characters at first, they really grew on me and I came to find their banter oddly charming in a silly action-movie kind of way. Unusual for a Japanese game in this day and age. The game looks and sounds amazing and the colorful, clean environments are about as far from a Gears of War style aesthetic as you can get which gives this game its own unique look that sets it apart even from the similarly stylized Vanquish. The game plays like a dream and the campaign is superbly paced. An absolute must-play for shooter fans looking for something a little different and anyone who still wishes there were Japanese games worth caring about. This is one of those. Expand
  28. Mar 12, 2012
    Binary Domain is basically Gears Of War w/ squad control and a MUCH better story. The voice acting is well done, the graphics are very good, the gameplay is awesome. This is the sleeper-hit of the year. The only downside to this game is that the multiplayer is probably pretty crappy. I didn't have a chance to give multiplayer a fair chance yet, but from the 5 - 10 minutes I did, I wouldBinary Domain is basically Gears Of War w/ squad control and a MUCH better story. The voice acting is well done, the graphics are very good, the gameplay is awesome. This is the sleeper-hit of the year. The only downside to this game is that the multiplayer is probably pretty crappy. I didn't have a chance to give multiplayer a fair chance yet, but from the 5 - 10 minutes I did, I would say it's pretty generic. THis game is definitely worth checking out for the singleplayer tho. Expand
  29. Jun 18, 2012
    This is one of my all time favourite games. The mechanics are awesome, the voice acting and the writing are fantastic and the fun factor is constant throughout multiple plays. It is a shame that more people aren't playing this game as the developers have done everything right with it. Any flaws it has are minor, one being that we don't need a character explaining what we already see , aThis is one of my all time favourite games. The mechanics are awesome, the voice acting and the writing are fantastic and the fun factor is constant throughout multiple plays. It is a shame that more people aren't playing this game as the developers have done everything right with it. Any flaws it has are minor, one being that we don't need a character explaining what we already see , a fault that many games suffer from, give us credit for seeing what you have put before us. Buy this game, you will love it. Expand
  30. Mar 4, 2012
    An excellent game, with only a few flaws that keep it from greatness. The cons include, slow melee controls, poor execution moves, and glitchie wall leaping; however all these are masked inside an enjoyable story and excellent gun play. Robots are demolished piece by piece, bosses take up the entire screen and just enough gun variation to boost the customizable factor. I cant wait for theAn excellent game, with only a few flaws that keep it from greatness. The cons include, slow melee controls, poor execution moves, and glitchie wall leaping; however all these are masked inside an enjoyable story and excellent gun play. Robots are demolished piece by piece, bosses take up the entire screen and just enough gun variation to boost the customizable factor. I cant wait for the second installment and hope its just as good, if not better than the original Expand

1. May 19, 2012
    Binary Domain wants to be more than a generic shooter, but unfortunately drops the ball with the unique gameplay elements. What remains is an entertaining, reasonably interesting and good looking shooter that could've scored better with an extra layer of technical polish.
  2. May 6, 2012
    It's a fun, frivolous sci-fi narrative with just enough strength of writing to provide some memorable moments of dialogue; satisfying combat and set-pieces; and a competent grasp of pacing. After some bad experiences with the genre, Binary Domain has convinced me that there's still some value in cover shooters.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 17, 2012
    A Japanese adaptation of the Gears of War franchise with voice commands. Besides the mechanical novelty, which would have been better executed with buttons, the game is just another regular shooter with some interesting boss fights. [Apr 2012]