BioShock Infinite Xbox 360

8.5

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Columbia where dreams are made and destroyed. Political Turmoil plagues our world of Columbia and one mans search for a girl eventually turns into a quest to defeat a tyrant. Bioshock Infinite blew me away as soon as the opening scene of Columbia is revealed. I'll start off with the Visuals, Graphics were pretty well done nothing groundbreaking as Crysis but nonetheless the iconicColumbia where dreams are made and destroyed. Political Turmoil plagues our world of Columbia and one mans search for a girl eventually turns into a quest to defeat a tyrant. Bioshock Infinite blew me away as soon as the opening scene of Columbia is revealed. I'll start off with the Visuals, Graphics were pretty well done nothing groundbreaking as Crysis but nonetheless the iconic monuments, areas and enemies make this game look beautiful, Booker Dewitt is a great protagonist fearless and wont stop till Elizabeth is safe. Gameplay wise if you have played the previous Bioshock games you'll feel right at home switching between vigors and and weapon is done by a selection wheel, combat is fluid and done well even though AI is not the smartest its quite satisfying striking a guard with a Skyhook to the face. The story is what makes this game so amazing you think you know what to expect but in the end you just don't. Bioshock Infinite is a game everyone should play this year and if you have not please do yourself a favor and go down to the nearest game shop and purchase it you will not be let down. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has been on my radar ever since it was announced. Now that it's out I can now say, it's one of the best I've ever played along with the first Bioshock and The Mass Effect series. It adds so much diversity in the gameplay and the story is incredibly intriguing. Once I finished the game, I wanted to play it again. And you will want to too.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    BioShock. If you’ve played the series, you know the feeling you get when you hear the name.

We all grew to love the underwater city of Rapture, splicers, little sisters and big daddys through the first two parts of this epic series. With Infinite, we are given a completely new setting and story. BioShock Infinite is set in 1912 during the growth of American exceptionalism, the game’s

BioShock Infinite is set in 1912 during the growth of American exceptionalism, the game’s protagonist, former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, is sent to the floating air-city of Columbia to find a young woman, Elizabeth, who has been held captive there for most of her life.

You are pursued by the city’s warring factions; the nativist and elite Founders that strive to keep the city for pure Americans, and the Vox Populi, a rebel grouping representing the common people. There is quite a hint of racism in this imaginary place they call Columbia. The way they handled religion, certain beliefs and old school values couldn’t have been handled in a better way.

This game is totally in the running for Game of the Year. It takes a lot in a game to make me feel the way Infinite did upon completion. I was sad to see it end, but glad to find out the ending and have everything make sense.

You’ll be scratching your head for a while when this one ends, but don’t worry. Let it stew for a little bit and it’ll finally click.

A quote from our community talking about possible titles for Game of the Year:

“Do those games let you speed around on air rails while jumping off to execute somebody after you possessed a giant mechanical George Washington looking mother F’r wielding a chain gun and mowing down enemies that you stunned with a murder of crows?”

‘Nuff said.
  4. Apr 4, 2013
    Amazing game, on console sometime it can be foggy, but its due to the huge environments. It doesnt take away from game though, such a unique setting, you want to just take your time and actually stop and look at your surroundings. Love the skyhook too, like a rollercoatser with a gun. GOTY candidate.
  5. Apr 5, 2013
    This game in one word: Unbelieveable!! From my ascension into Columbia to the epic final battle at the end, this game had me gripped. I played the game in 2-3 hour sessions as i didnt want to spoil it and get to the end too quickly. The music along with the overall story made my hair stand on end at certain points. Upon my completion of the game i was left thirsty for more and immediatelyThis game in one word: Unbelieveable!! From my ascension into Columbia to the epic final battle at the end, this game had me gripped. I played the game in 2-3 hour sessions as i didnt want to spoil it and get to the end too quickly. The music along with the overall story made my hair stand on end at certain points. Upon my completion of the game i was left thirsty for more and immediately started the story again. This game is a must buy, trust me you wont be disappointed. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the most anticipated games in recent memory. With its sky bound setting, revolutionary ai and the legacy with the origianal bioshock, it's sure to be one of the most compelling games to play this generation. Don't worry it is!

The story follows a troubled Pinkerton named Booker DeWitt, who must travel to the floating city of Columbia to repay a debt. The only way to repay this debt is to rescue a girl named Elizabeth. From rescuing her, from the tower, the journey to reach Bookers and Elizabeth's final desired destination takes along time and many turns along the way! The story is incredible, at one moment the story reaches its peak with a hidden easter egg! Another reason the story is so good is because of Elizabeth. When you are accompanied by Elizabeth you care about her and more importantly what combat advantages she gives you. At the end of the whole story you will sit back and admire what a well crafted plot this is, and appreciate that you will probably have to wait a long time to play a story like this again.

With all the hype on the story, the combat can get over looked. Many people assume that it's easy to have a precise and fun combat system, however Bioshock Infinite has all of these and more. What makes bioshock unique is the vigors! Throughout the game you collect a maximum of 8, which all assist you in combat. When using these my favoured vigors were the death of crows, and possession (these helped the most). Although the vigors are a big part of the combat system Bioshock Infinite is a FPS, so it's good to know that each of the 8 guns feel very precise and unique. The only disappointment in the combat would be he fact that you can only carry two guns at one time. This limits the variety in combat and is frustraiting when you are in need of a gun you dropped earlier. The best gun (I feel) in the game is the shotgun, it dispatches enemies the quickest and also gives you the best experience. Another addition to Infinate is the skyline. The skyline is a transportation method, which not only gets you from a to b, but assists you in combat. It's amazing to be flying round on the skyline, then jump down on a un expecting enemy to ram the skyhook in his face.

The floating city of colmbia is a unique place to set a video game, with stunning graphics and incredible detail. The first hour of the game is spent walking around listening convosations and playing mini games in the fair. This is probably the best level in the whole game! The textures can feel bad at times on the consoles, but this is not a problem on the pc. If the floating city and the superb combat wasn't enough to make a great game, then the voxophones are are. Voxophones are collectibles which add backstory to the game and also make the levels and enemies feel more meaningful when you know what there doing and why there doing it. For example comstock, we know early on that he's racist because of the voxophones. Eighty of them are scattered throughout the game!

The world of bioshock infinite is amazing. With a brilliant plot, superb characters (especially Elizabeth) and one of the best imaginitve worlds ever created; Bioshock infinite shouldn't be missed by anyone! The only issue I have is that you can't carry more than two guns at one time, however that's a small complaint. Bioshock Infinite is amazing, pick it up now, you won't be disappointed.

Story 10
    Gameplay 9
    Setting 10
    Score 10
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    I like this game. You can shoot stuff and use these things called vigors to really mess up your enemies. But the best part about this game? Elizabeth. She may not make you a sandwich, but she'll give you things depending on the situation. She may toss you health, mana, coins or more ammo. She's awesome!
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the future of gaming as a respect for of entertainment and as art. I have never been sucked into a game like I was for this game. Truly a masterpiece.
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    (If its too long for your taste, I round it all up it the last paragraph, use ctrl+f and type ~~)

~Lets clear something up right off the bat, what will make this game either a 8 or a 10 for you is your ability to follow complex ideas, because to truly enjoy the story at its fullest, you can not be lacking in brain power. That being said, we can talk about the game play, which is pretty darn near flawless. The shooting and Vigor's work much like they did in Bioshock 2, though obviously the gun load-out is more robust and aiming down sights has been added, and there are less vigors than there were plasmids. Switching between weapons and vigors is a breeze, as long as you don't begin button mashing. You've also been given a regenerative shield, like the one in Halo: CE (separate from health, which goes down when your shield is down) and this allows for much more active combat and more combatants at once. The one thing I will knock the game play for though is the Auto save feature, which replaces straight up saves, like the ones seen in the original Bioshock. That though alone is not enough to ruin anyone's experience, unless they have anger issues and cant play 2 minutes back from where they left off, if they shut off before they earned another one.
    ~Then You have the atmosphere, which completely captures the feel of the American society during the beginning of the Progressive era. If I were to sit here and list them all in paragraph form, it'd be quite a novella. Anyone who has ever taken AP US History, or just knows there American history, will pick up on this. Trust me, they got it right. Columbia's bright atmosphere on the outside evolves perfectly with the story, and the floating city's turn of the century charm is a refreshing for the recently generic modern warfare settings we've had in shooters recently. (not to knock those games, the story mode is not the main focus of those games anyways) Elizabeth is the best sidekick I've had in a game, she talks to Booker constantly (while not being annoying) provides supplies, and does other useful things. (trying to keep this spoiler free) I actually cared about her, and it actually effected decisions I made in a game. The atmosphere actually blew my expectations out of the water, which was not a small feat by any means.
    ~Finally to touch on the story, which like I said is very complex at points, mostly as you reach the end. I applaud Ken Levine for his creativity. I will say in the last five to seven minutes while playing, my jaw was just hanging loose in absolute awe. Nothing short of excellence. Also just like in the last two installment, back-story is provided through recordings by characters, (Voxaphones in Infinite, Audio-logs in Bioshock 1 and 2 And one must hunt them down throughout the story. They can be either easy to locate, or stashed away in a hiding spot. Finding these help one to understand the story much better, and should not be skipped (you can miss a few if you don't feel like searching forever) unless one wants a less than satisfactory experience. You don't have to find them all, but finding at least 2/3's of them should be enough for anyone who is impatient, but wants to experience the game as it was meant to be.

~~Bioshock Infinite is smart, action packed, (while not being way too over the top) and overall a thrilling and enthralling experience. Its atmosphere is without flaw and is also refreshing. Its story is intellectual and just overall one of the most solid ones in recent memory, though if one can't understand some of the concepts it detracts a bit from the experience. (this game can make a smarter than average person feel dumb at points). Then you have the overall game-play, which has been slightly improved from both Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Fans of the previous two games, will love Infinite, though its still a great starting point if you haven't played any of the past games. This game, while some may disagree, shows exactly what a Mature 10 games is, intellectual and thought provoking while still entertaining and a blast to play.
  10. Apr 8, 2013
    Amazing Graphics, Game play, etc. but the thing that sold me about this game is that it touches religion and
    politics, also racial diversity and it is ironic how heaven can be so evil.
  11. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an incredible game. Ken Levine and Irrational studios have really created something special. I have beaten it twice and going through my 3rd play through on 1999 mode, haven't started quite yet. I would highly recommend this game to fans who enjoy an engaging story. The story really drives this game. In terms of gameplay it is again very well done. People are going toBioshock Infinite is an incredible game. Ken Levine and Irrational studios have really created something special. I have beaten it twice and going through my 3rd play through on 1999 mode, haven't started quite yet. I would highly recommend this game to fans who enjoy an engaging story. The story really drives this game. In terms of gameplay it is again very well done. People are going to play differently which makes this game unique. Plenty of guns and vigors to switch up your gameplay for a ton of variation. If you are a Bioshock fan, or a fan of FPS in general do yourself a favour and get this game. Expand
  12. Apr 8, 2013
    I grade games in five categories, each with a possible score from 0-2. At the end I will tally up the scores for the final verdict.

Graphics: There really isn't much too say here. You could watch the game for 5 minutes and know that it is easily one the best looking games out there. The characters, the settings, it all looks amazing, and still has the BioShock charm that we all know

Graphics:
    There really isn't much too say here. You could watch the game for 5 minutes and know that it is easily one the best looking games out there. The characters, the settings, it all looks amazing, and still has the BioShock charm that we all know and love. I found myself loving this setting even better than the previous two mainly because of how bright and colorful Colombia is. It makes you wish that Columbia were real...without all the corruption of course. Score: 2/2

Sound:
    This is another aspect that BioShock Infinite nailed. The music is fantastic and again fits the BioShock world perfectly. Then there are the sounds around you as you play (guns firing, skyline swinging, explosions, etc.) It all sounds amazing, but where BioShock really nails it is the voice acting. Never did any of the characters voices not "fit" them. I was amazed and greatly thrilled as I was never taken away from the story and experience and was allowed to listen and enjoy the story with no awkwardness. Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth), Troy Baker (Booker DeWitt), and Kiff VandenHeuvel (Comstock) should get special praise. They are amazing, and it is some of the best voice acting I have heard in a while. Score: 2/2

Gameplay:
    The gameplay in this game is much like the pervious games although your plasmids are now called vigors and eve is now called salts. As a first person shooter (fps) I find that they did a great job and it is extremely fun. In my opinion it is as good as any shooter I have played. The controls are great, and I also loved the new edition of the skyline. The enemies are not only challenging but at times can be funny. Now even though I loved playing the game and BioShock did a lot of things right in the gameplay department I also had some problems with it. One being the vigors. You could take the vigors out of the game and never miss a beat. Vigors never once felt important to what I was doing and found myself at times forgetting I had them and not even using them and this was on Hard. I will end on a good note though and that is Elizabeth. Not once and I mean once did Elizabeth get in my way. I never had to take care of Elizabeth, she was the one taking care of me. In the game Elizabeth will hand you equipment during a fight. Don't worry she doesn't do it all the time and at times she doesn't do at all. I remember running up to her at times screaming at the t.v. for health or ammo and this was a fantastic tense game mechanic. I never knew if Elizabeth was out of equipment or if she had one last magazine of ammo to give me. Elizabeth also helps by "tearing" objects from other realities into yours to help you, and this is just genius. You will think so too when you tell her to "tear" a box of health packs during a huge fight. I choose to take .5 away from the score because plasmids/vigors are so much a part of the BioShock experience and I found it strange that they weren't more important to the gameplay. Score: 1.5/2

Story:
    This is what games should be doing today: taking risks. The story can be complex but it is not impossible to understand as long as you are paying attention to the conversations. I loved that it was a story that you needed to pay attention too. It is a story that demands and deserves your attention. I found myself falling in love with Booker and Elizabeth's relationship and could not stop playing to find out what happened next. I wont give any details of the story away because this story is truly magical and something that should be experienced and remembered. I do have some nitpicks though. The progression of the story slowed down quite a bit in the middle. I was gonna deduct a half a point but that would be nitpicking especially since it was necessary to understand later plot points. Now you all know it isn't BioShock without a twist but my problem was I found out the twist way before the ending. I don't know if this was luck or me just listing to every tape recorder and picking up on the clues but either way I won't deduct a point because although I ended up being right, I didn't know I was right until the end. Score: 2/2

Game Replay:
    I found myself immediately replaying the game after I was done. You will have a whole new perspective of the game after learning all the twists and secrets and it only makes the story even better. On top of that the game is a blast, and 1999 mode is a must for all hardcore fps fans. Of course you have achievements and what not but the story and gameplay is what keeps you coming back. Score: 2/2

Overall: 9.5/10
    I know that it will only show up as a nine but my true score is a 9.5. This is a game everybody should experience. It's beautiful, intelligent, and brave. You can't ask much more from a game, and as I said before this is game that deserves your full attention.
  13. Apr 9, 2013
    This is one of the most ambitious and compelling games I have ever played. The nature and complexity of the plot won't be to everyone's taste as the story begins by tackling subjects including on racism, slavery and religious fundamentalism and ends by trying to melt your brain out of your ears, but it really is a joy to play through.

The floating city of Columbia is beautifully

The floating city of Columbia is beautifully designed and it's busy streets and hidden corners make it both fun to explore and a welcome change to the catastrophic aftermath of Rapture from the original Bioshock. Combat plays similarly to Bioshock 2 with the familiar mix of vigors (formerly plasmids) and firearms of various size. While combat might not be as slick as a hardcore FPS it's still a lot of fun, although you might want to look to the harder difficulties if you want to be really challenged on that front.

The real star of the show though is your (nearly) constant companion, Elizabeth. Usually, an AI controlled NPC is little more than a running commentary with a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but the AI behind Elizabeth is pretty much on the money. In combat, she helps by providing ammo and health, but I found the parts outside of combat the real revelation. While exploring Colombia, Elizabeth will mill about interacting and commenting on your surroundings. The conversations she shares with your character add real context to the story and make her character all the more engaging.

I don't want to go into any more detail than I already have as the little discoveries you make along the way are a big part of what makes this game so great. Suffice to say that aside from a few glitches and a slight loss of pace in the middle third this is a terrific game and I absolutely recommend you go play it now.
  14. Apr 12, 2013
    BioShock: Infinite exceeds previously high standards. It is a breath-tacking experience that pulls the player in and never releases you. Connections to not only Elizabeth are made that will make other NPCs seem just as important at times. The vibrant world of Columbia is absolutely astonishing and flowing with the perfect amount of color for each setting you're dwelled into. TheBioShock: Infinite exceeds previously high standards. It is a breath-tacking experience that pulls the player in and never releases you. Connections to not only Elizabeth are made that will make other NPCs seem just as important at times. The vibrant world of Columbia is absolutely astonishing and flowing with the perfect amount of color for each setting you're dwelled into. The mind-boggling story is basic to grasp onto but, requires some effort to understand. This does not take away from the game. If anything it adds to it giving it a very high replay value.

The game is near perfection. The only complaint that be made are the graphics. No, not visuals. The game is not supposed to look realistic, or even supposed to be compared to modern day shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty. On Xbox 360, and even on PS3, the graphics have been downgraded to fit the performance of 7 year hardware. At times it can really take away from the immersion when you are basking in the glorious scenery and the frame rate staggers due to the complexity of it's design.

This is a wonderful game and not one to missed. Games so fresh rarely come to surface. This is one you won't want to miss.
  15. Apr 14, 2013
    This is an absolutely gorgeous game even on the aging console. Entering Columbia will absolutely take your breath away. Once you peel off the shiny exterior of the city, you find a beautifully-crafted game with good mechanics. The vigors each have their own purpose, thought i doubt that you will be using many them and will most likely use three or four. The weapons look pretty but someThis is an absolutely gorgeous game even on the aging console. Entering Columbia will absolutely take your breath away. Once you peel off the shiny exterior of the city, you find a beautifully-crafted game with good mechanics. The vigors each have their own purpose, thought i doubt that you will be using many them and will most likely use three or four. The weapons look pretty but some feel underpowered. Elizabeth is an absolute wonder. Her AI is brilliant, she will toss you health and salts and ammo when you need it most. Her story is well fleshed outTears and Skylines are a brilliant addition to the game which brings out more options for combat in the game. The story is absolutely astounding. It is interesting well paced and makes you want to keep playing until you understand it completely, and when you do, oh boy is it worth it. Overall Bioshock Infinite is a brilliant game with a wonderful story, excellent graphics. But an average gunplay system prevents this game from getting a higher scores. This game is a must own for gamers looking for a game with a brilliant story and solid gameplay Expand
  16. Apr 14, 2013
    This Game. WOW!!!! What else is there to say. I have not played a game with a story this good, ever. I will say that it is probably not for everyone but I have yet to find someone that hated this game. I say play it. It is a breath of fresh air in an over saturated market of mediocre triple A games. Also there is no reason that you have to play the first two to be able to pick this gameThis Game. WOW!!!! What else is there to say. I have not played a game with a story this good, ever. I will say that it is probably not for everyone but I have yet to find someone that hated this game. I say play it. It is a breath of fresh air in an over saturated market of mediocre triple A games. Also there is no reason that you have to play the first two to be able to pick this game up. The story is only slightly connected. It's really more of a throwback for the players that have played Bioshock before. Anyways, I liked it, and you should play it!!! Do It!!!! Expand
  17. Apr 15, 2013
    Story- 11/10
    Gameplay- 10/10
    AI (Elizabeth)- 10/10 Graphics- 10/10 Music- 11/10 Simply put, buy this game. Actually, let me correct myself. Buy this MASTERPIECE! The last game I played that was this good was actually the original Bioshock and if you're expecting another "Would You KIndly?" twist, trust me, it's here. Just go buy it now and play the damn game. If you don't you'll miss
    Story- 11/10
    Gameplay- 10/10
    AI (Elizabeth)- 10/10
    Graphics- 10/10
    Music- 11/10
    Simply put, buy this game. Actually, let me correct myself. Buy this MASTERPIECE! The last game I played that was this good was actually the original Bioshock and if you're expecting another "Would You KIndly?" twist, trust me, it's here. Just go buy it now and play the damn game. If you don't you'll miss out on a once in a generation experience. Ken Levine you are the man!
  18. Apr 15, 2013
    Irrational Games is back in it, and boy did it deliver. This game is getting rave reviews, and is easily a contender for GOTY. It is the most sold game during the week of its release on the Xbox 360 and the PC, and is number 2 on the PS3, and when I got my hands on it, I couldn't put it down.

In my review of Bioshock, I noted that I loved it for its ability to make me think and keep me on the edge of my seat thanks to its gameplay. The gameplay of Bioshock is complimented everything else. That gameplay type is most certainly NOT here. Although certain elements like Plasmids (now vigors) and upgradable weapons are still a major gameplay element, that feel of being alone and outnumber has been severed. The genre has changed from the first game and is simply now a shooter. In my review of Bioshock 2, I stated that it had the same difference, and that it was a real problem. This time, it isn't at all.

This time around, the story is what is complimented by everything else. Severing that feeling of being alone and scared to walk around the next corner was a genius difference, because it made way for Elizabeth. Elizabeth switched what Bioshock 1 had. Instead of having a 9/10 story and a 10/10 gameplay, Bioshock Infinite has a 10/10 story and a 9/10 gameplay.
  19. Apr 15, 2013
    I made an account for this website because of this game. Anyone who dislikes this game (I'm not sorry to say) is an idiot. Bioshock 1 was one of my favorite games ever and now Bioshock Infinite has been added to that list. This is the first game that has ever felt like a book to me; that's the best way I can describe this game.
  20. Apr 15, 2013
    Ken Levine proof that is one of the best developers in the last years, BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in every way. He fails to beat the first of the series But, who cares when is so good?
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    Definetly worth the money if you are a Bioshock fan. I really cannot find anything that is wrong with this game, and the game play is radical. This is a "must buy" for a Bioshock fan
  22. Apr 16, 2013
    Such an immersing story that has you realizing that you aren't really Dewitt yourself. Amazingly smooth game play, the only thing that I have against this is that I wish the campaign was longer, left needing more.
  23. Apr 18, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite: The game of our generation. Well, at least according to many game journalists and people. Is that a valid statement? Not entirely.
    The graphics of this game are just stunning. I spend around 20 minutes in the first hour of the game just sight seeing and absorbing everything I saw. And I'm talking about the Xbox version here, not even the PC one. If you can play it on PC, then just do it: You won't regret it. The soundtrack is just kick ass: It all just fits the mood perfectly. I just can't get enough of it. All in all, when it comes to esthetics, it's brilliant.
    Then we have the story and without spoiling anything: It's just something you have to experience yourself. And that ending alone just sells it. Irrationnal Games did a great job here, because it really takes some confidence bringing out this game the way it is. Respect.
    Lastly, the gameplay. It's a blast to go through it. However, it's not all gold that shines: It can feel a bit repetitve, because there aren't that many different strategies you can use in the game. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, and it's completely subjective, but still: It's there, and I can't deny it. I don't see that much of a problem in it, but maybe you will. There also isn't a large variety of enemies, but the previous Bioshocks didn't have that either. It's something that has been in the series for a while, but you still can't really excuse the developers for that if it breaks up the game. And I'm glad it didn't.
    So is Bioshock Infinite the game of our generation? Storywise, yes. Complete package, no. Does that mean you shouldn't buy it? No, quite the contrary in fact. If I have to say one thing about this game: Get it now and experience it for yourself. It's something you won't forget in a long time. It's that good. It truly deserves the 9/10.
  24. Apr 18, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are great, the game only lasted me about a week though but no matter what it was definitely worth the money. The game is VERY complicated near the end. The things you have to fight are really odd but amazing. I would strongly recommend this game to anyone. especially if you like FPS games.
  25. Rem
    Apr 21, 2013
    This game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff darkThis game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff dark history hero. His interactions with the young and beautiful Elizabeth paints an astounding chemistry of a father-daughter relationship. Finally the ending, the ending in short was not what I wanted. Does that it mean it was bad? No, it means that it was perfect in its complexity and design and the final scenes it has to offer got me rushing straight to the forums. Games like that are few and far between, but this one does it better. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is the game I wanted and a true successor to the original Bioshock and in some ways, may surpass it. Irrational Games have always created the most cherished and most ambitious games in history. Like their awesome games, Will the Circle Be Unbroken? Hopefully not. Expand
  26. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed Bioshock 1 & 2, and rate amongst them the greatest games ever made, so for Infinite was really a no-brainer.

The aspect of Bioshock I enjoyed the most was that it was based on Objectivism, which was a very interesting twist for a game, Infinite is based on the ideas of American Exceptionalism and labour unrest in the early 1900s... or so I thought!

This game is to big to review, and introduces multiverse quantum physics and parallel worlds and outcomes very cleverly. The ending is hard to swallow and is definitely a jaw dropping moment. The link to Bioshock is also cleverly and subtly executed.

In terms of gunplay, its not call of duty, and like in Bioshock 1, once you get to a certain character level you can dispose of foes relatively easily. The audio is also somewhat buggy at times but all of this is overlooked in the face of a monumental game, no not a game an idea.

I really enjoyed this game and honestly I believe it deserves 10 stars as it is one of the most ambitious games I have ever played!
  27. Apr 24, 2013
    An Outstanding Game, perfect for any newcomer to the series. The sounds are incredible, AI Brilliant. This is easily the contender for Game Of The Year.

Cant Wait for the DLC!
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    The game overall is great it had a amazing story but the game play was average. The game should have let players carry more then one gun to increase the options you can choose from. But instead with 2 guns I would end up choosing the guns the did the most damage instead of experimenting with other guns. It was also annoying how you could complete the game by using the same vigor's. TheyThe game overall is great it had a amazing story but the game play was average. The game should have let players carry more then one gun to increase the options you can choose from. But instead with 2 guns I would end up choosing the guns the did the most damage instead of experimenting with other guns. It was also annoying how you could complete the game by using the same vigor's. They should have made it so some enemies were weak against certain vigor. Though I really enjoyed the art style of the game but the graphics weren't to appealing in my opinion. Expand
  29. Apr 24, 2013
    Positives:
    Brilliant story with many plot twists
    Fairly good graphics for a 7 year old system (the Xbox 360) Fast combat pace will keep you on edge Great working mechanics Negatives: Some frame rate and pop in issues that hurt the eyes Small amount of end twists left UN answered (not sure if prequel/sequel baitiing but still) No real replay ability as the things you see cannot be
    Positives:
    Brilliant story with many plot twists
    Fairly good graphics for a 7 year old system (the Xbox 360)
    Fast combat pace will keep you on edge
    Great working mechanics

Negatives:
    Some frame rate and pop in issues that hurt the eyes
    No real replay ability as the things you see cannot be unseen

If you haven't played the other Bioshock games you will still love this game as it doesn't really touch on anything from the previous installments but if you have played the other games in the franchise, don't go into Infinite expecting the same things, be warned Columbia offers many new and different experiences and i'm sure you'll enjoy it either way

30. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is great, a real contender for GOTY, the story, Elizabeth and all of that awesome. But combat? It´s fun when there is skyline involved but some enemies and how they are combined... that´s pretty crazy, especially on 1999 mode.
    Definitely not a 10 for me, that would mean it´s perfect in every way, sadly the combat is only thing I don´t like on this game.

1. May 27, 2013
    An instant classic that should be kept in a special place in every gamer's collection.
  2. May 11, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a sure-fire game-of-the-year candidate, and definitely one of the standout single-player games of this generation.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    Fuzzy-headed narrative and thematically irrelevant auxiliary mechanics make Infinite feel sloppy even when it's working. Combat increases in frequency and decreases in impact after the Hall of Heroes, so for most of its length the game sinks towards a deflated ending rather than rising towards a climax. However, that slow descent starts from a great height, so there is still much to value in Infinite even as it drowns in its own shortcomings.