8.7

1. Apr 16, 2012
    My favorite fighting game. Never get boring and lovely to play with friends. Al characters are based on metal music and the soundtrack is awesome. Every anime game lover should buy this game. Animations are perfect. But there is one thing i i disliked. There are not many characters. But a fighting game that has a nice story? Never saw it before
  2. AdamV.
    Jul 20, 2009
    Fighting games are my favorite genre, and I've played nearly all of them. This game is a blast to play, the combat is fast and each character is super unique. However, I do have a couple major gripes with this game that I haven't seen in too many other fighting games: You can combo into a throw. There's a reason that the Street Fighter series has a window where you CAN'T THROW the other player after you hit them, it's to prevent stuff like this. Yes, I know throws are pretty easy to break when you expect them, but being able to combo into one whenever you like is a bit much. Which leads to point number 2... Throws do too much damage. I'm not talking about the throw itself, I'm talking more about the guaranteed combo after the throw. Nearly every character has this, and it's a bit ridiculous. I end up burning my barrier burst right after I get thrown because I know I'm going to lose 50% of my health if I dont. Even the lighter hitting characters (Taokaka, for example) can make you HURT after a back throw. And if I get thrown by Iron Tager, I just put my controller down, because the match is basically over. 80% health gone if my barrier burst is gone. Other than that, fantastic game. Combos are fun, and not exceedingly difficult to do. Moves are flashy, backgrounds are gorgeous. Collapse

1. In the hands of an expert fighter this game is stunning, but joystick jockeys who are out of shape might want to start an intense training regimen. [July 2009, p.83]
  2. Every anime-riffic charcter - from Ragna, the slightly effeminate swordsman, to Taokaka, the obligatory catgirl - is beautifully drawn and totally bizarre. [Aug 2009, p.71]
    This has become one of my favorite fighters of all time and the level of polish and detail this 2D wonder has is amazing. The character designs are excellent, the fighting mechanics are top-notch and there are even extra animated scenes that feature chibi (super adorable) versions of the characters talking about the BlazBlue universe.