7.8

1. Mar 24, 2011
    a pretty decent RPG that feels alot and looks alot like dragon ball z . probubly because the guy who wrote it did DBZ as well . the voice acting is kind of pitaful . the story is ok nothing much special but its just intresting enough to keep you moving along . the graphics are ok nothing special . the combat with the shadows is kind of neat . the game is fairly long around 40 hours or so . theres some extra stuff to do at the end if you want to put another 50+ hours of leveling to kill some hardcore bosses. over all its worth playing if you like JRPG's just nothing very special. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    One of the best JRPGS I ever played. Up there with the best final fantasy games! The graphics and cutscenes were phenemonal! This game was a lot of fun to play! The major publication reviews dont do this game justice at all. The game is very long though. That can be a good or bad thing depending on how much spare time you have.
  3. May 29, 2013
    For JRPG's this is a very good game. It stands out of the crowd and is unique for what it is. Have to take points off it for being extremely childish and a somewhat silly storyline, but it's enjoyable and I really do love this game.
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    So I want to say from the bottom of my heart I love anime. Its great and its one of my favorite forms of animation.I hate this game because of two reasons; First reason: It was way to LLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGG, when I played this 15 years old I didn't want a really long drawn out game i wanted a nice clean turn base game with very little cut scenes but what i got was a game that felt it was ok to have one cut scene be five minutes long and that did that for every cut scene in the game! Nope i can't do that i want to play a game if i wanted alot of dialog I would watch the show.

Second reason: I hated the story, I know that I bought the game and hey if i bought it its cause i know a little bit about the show, well guess what that was the first time i have ever hear of any of those characters and you know what i hated all of them except that little dancing pikachu guy Marumaro and even he got really annoying. I only bought the game for three bucks, man i can't believe i wasted three bucks on that game. The game had some good parts to tho, the world the characters were in looked like Dragonball, and the art work for all the characters was really good. But a really bad story, and bizarre events that happened for no reason what so ever( the dance after you save pikachu's village) was what killed it. I recommend that you play a good RPG like Final Fantasy and stay clear of this horrible game.
  5. May 6, 2011
    Poor rpg game. Failed on all areas. Childish game, childish characters. Poor cheap and badly designed. No decent storyline and poor upgrade system. Would not recommend this game.
  6. Aug 26, 2013
    An amazingly great game with many likable characters, a great battle system (that many games have come to ripoff), graphics that started a hole trend of anime styled RPG's, and a great storyline.
  7. Apr 25, 2012
    A classic RPG in the style of the major Final Fantasies, albeit with a dramatically toned-down-for-children story with equally childlike characters and scenarios. The environments and music are bland but the leveling and battle systems are satisfying (if a little stale).
  8. Jan 3, 2013
    A game that the JRPGs fans worth playing.The game starts really slow and it gets interested after the first 5-6 hours.First of all the graphics are amazing,the turned based battle system is really interesting and the shadow classes are really interesting to play with,the store is really good and the only bad i can find in this game is the first hours of gameplay.Really underrated by some users and in my opinion this game is a 9/10 Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2011
    My Favorite RPG, user friendly controls, great graphics and storyline make this game fun to play.....I'm even playing it a second time through waiting on the 2nd one to come out. Would recommend this to everyone and anyone that like chill RPG games!!!
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    I played this game so much when i was ten and I still love it while not perfect and certainly hard in some areas (don't get me started on the end of disk two) a perfectly fun enjoyable rpg
  11. May 2, 2013
    i may not be a major rpg fan, but i have to admit, the game isn't as good as final fantasy 3 or chrono trigger on the super nintendo, but it is still pretty damn good

1. Blue Dragon finds the perfect balance between linearity and excessive freedom - it doesn't embarrass you by holding your hand, and yet it doesn't just leave you alone crying in the supermarket. Hironobu Sakaguchi (the FF creator and Blue Dragon mastermind) is as good a parent as Shigeru Miyamoto.
  2. Where so many RPGs deliver dry experiences that adhere too closely to traditional type, Mistwalker delivers an RPG that pushes the genre in all the right directions. With supreme technical qualities and gameplay to match, it’s little wonder that Blue Dragon has revived the 360 in Japan. [JPN Import]
  3. Blue Dragon's light-hearted charm and role-playing goodness fills a lacking aspect of the Xbox 360's lineup. [JPN Import]