7.7

1. Oct 18, 2012
    excellent DLC, definitely worth 800 MSP, amazing new landscapes, weapons and 6 hours worth of Story gameplay, and over 5 hours of side missions. The same humor, new vehicle, excellent. My quarrel: the side quests are all extremely repetitive (fetching mainly). Either way, I'd say: get this one, Mechromancer? not so much
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 continues to deliver all we expect and more from this fantastic franchise. In its first major Downloadable Content pack titled Captain Scarlett and Her Pirates Booty you continues the adventures of your chosen vault hunter on Pandora. This time your taken to Oasis, a desert plateau surrounded by dried up sea beds and cliffs that are miles high. You are there to find a lost treasure that have claimed many a pirates life however the infamous Captain Scarlett agrees to assist you in finding it.
    The DLC will last you around 5 hours for just the main questline but around 8 or 9 to 100% it, its a large DLC by any standards including new character customisations, a new vehicle and new weapons. Captain Scarlett is a must own for any Borderlands 2 fan.
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    Excellent DLC, you would be a little greedy to ask for anything more. I love this game bc of the expansive maps, engaging story, and loot. In this dlc I get all of that. Just as I was in the campaign, I was surprised at how big the maps were. Nothing felt repetitive about the locations, I feel as though the developers did a great job of making every location new and fresh for the player. It's a pleasure to look and explore each environment. In Pirates Booty, you will get LOTS of booty. Mad loot. I finished it in a few days, I do believe it could be a little longer. But there are a good amount of side missions and places to explore so you really can't complain. Get this dlc today! (my iPad is not letting me give this a 10, it only let's me choose 8) (sorry) Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    Compared to the DLC's from Borderands 1, this particular DLC is a fine improvement from not only the improvements over the gripes from Borderlands 1 but also the gripes of it's DLC's. Particularly, my biggest complaint with the BL1 dlc's is that they only had 1 FAST TRAVEL SYSTEM in the DLC, so you were forced to keep backtracking from where you started off, especially with the Armory of General Knoxx. Also, a smaller complaint I had with these particular BL1 DLC's is that each DLC either focused on All Vehicle travel or all Foot Travel, which is a pain considering that a lot of the DLC's from BL1 were also a development test to bring out BL2 with that kind of innovation. Thankfully, this first BL2 DLC suffers from neither of those issues. Now there are multiple Fast Travel Networks in this DLC (so far), so you won't have to backtrack, A New Vehicle (which in a way is pretty decent once you get used to it) and most importantly, this DLC balances both Vehicle and On-Foot Combat spetacularly. Also, I enjoy the new familiar and added enemies in this DLC, as well as the fact that they have been completely re-skinned and voiced over to represent the whole idea of "Pirate's Booty". The new guns also stack up to the whole pirate mythology, with 'Cursed" guns (although I didn't tend to notice these negatives as much), and overall this DLC altogether has a lot more effort put into the content that they give. Although, the story aspect for me is kind of a return from the BL1 DLC content, but the dialogue is still funny and a riot to listen to. Fortunately, this DLC doesn't suffer too hard from the spontaneous dialogue leakage that either interrupts or overlaps other ECHO logs you were currently listening to. I would wholeheartedly suggest not only getting this DLC but the season pack, as I can tell this attention to detail by Gearbox will keep coming with later DLC's. Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, this DLC not so much. The story is a story that's been recycled almost as much as zombies have been. You hear about a treasure, join forces, get stabbed in the back, fight massive monster, get loot. That's it. It takes 5 to 7 hours to complete. I should also say that the amount of loot you get is rather disappointing, after all that you've done to get it. The side quests are a reprint of the missions from the actual game, just now they have a pirate feel to them. The main hubs, Wurmwater and Oasis are so identical that I forget which I am in after a while. Now that I have all of the bad stuff detailed, I can say that this DLC is hilarious and well written, too. Shade lives in a dead town in which he took some corpses, attached a tape to each of them, and talks to them. Like they're real people. It's creepy, weird, and funny, all at the same time. I like how Scarlett keeps reminding me that she will stab me in the back, it makes me never feel safe. The Sandskiff is a cool vehicle, just not a good one. It goes, at normal speed about as fast as you can walk. The first DLC to Borderlands 2 isn't a must buy, but it does have more Pandora, which is a very good thing. NOTE: I have the Season Pass to Borderlands 2. Shortly after I complete every DLC, I will post a review for it. Check back every month for more reviews! Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2012
    A very nice add-on, plus, with lines that cracked me up - I really enjoyed this DLC; however, the story felt a bit short and was somewhat easy to complete. A definite purchase for fans of Borderlands 2
  7. Jan 24, 2013
    A bit bland, but good none the less. A few more interactive NPCs would have been nice. I found Shade annoying and was glad when his missions were done with. I was never fond of Hunter S. Thompson, so a parody of him wasn't appealing either. Captain Scarlett on the other hand is really good and I loved her character. If ..... sorry when, they make a Borderlands 3 I hope the keep her as a main NPC like they did with Moxxi in this game. Overall a decent DLC that does not lack in content, but could have used a bit more substance. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are things that make Borderlands 2 one of the best RPG/FPS titles of today, and that's clever writing and pure trolling. This expansion, in comparison, is literally BORING. I doesn't matter if you play 4 player co-op, the travel to one place to another is the most tedious and lackluster experience of all time.

Recycled enemies that have next to no variation, some are even cheaper than they needed to be. Missions are not funny, The whole concept of "pirates" is wasted, your vehicle is barely controllable and in general, it adds very little to the whole vault hunting experience, in this case, replaced with the thematic of having to find a bad-ass treasure.

Having next to 0 NPC's in all the sectors that you can explore, and the few that are there that deliver very few funny lines, are not enough to compensate for the 6-10 hours of gameplay (depending if you do missions other than the story mode), in which at least one third will be spent on going to one place to another, and one hour in the final boss which is one of the lamest there can be in this game. In the end, you feel like very little was accomplished other than getting above-average equipment, and a couple of bad-ass levels.

Over-all, it's not the ultimate challenge experience for hardcore players. It's more like an excuse to keep playing the game and keep getting new exiting guns. But when it comes to what's the taste the game leaves at the end of the original story mode, the characters, the looting, the NPC's, the clever writing, everything that made your experience not a boring and mind-less farming, it's not found here.
  9. Dec 13, 2013
    The first dlc for borderlands 2 was a disappointment in my opinion. Don't get me wrong the characters were fine, the story if it just dragged on and I found myself very bored in the last quarter of this dlc. The enemies in the dlc are mainly just new skins apart from a few which are actually new. Although one if the new enemies is particularly overpowered, this enemy has the ability to steal health from you if he hits you which gets quite annoying after a while. Overall I didn't really like this dlc but other people may still enjoy it. Expand
  10. Dec 13, 2013
    Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlet and Her Pirate's Booty is fun add-on for the already great Borderlands 2. However, compared to the overall game, this expansion feels weak with enemy variety and a dissatisfying ending.

Laggy texture pop-in dulls some of the shine, and some of the more minor goofball characters are more intriguing than Scarlett herself. But you'll find enough charm, loot, and gritty challenge to merit getting some sand in your boots.
    There are some enjoyable moments and I don't doubt that the Borderlands faithful will enjoy what is offered as the visuals, continued humour, main story, and proven gameplay is evident here, it just seems to be a little less then what was established in the main game.
  3. Oct 26, 2012
    Another juicy chunk of action, with a new cast of iconic characters, lots of new missions and even more loot-zilla. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty needs yor help: what're you waiting for, Vault Hunter?