8.2

1. Mar 18, 2014
    Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place. Plenty of side quests and DLC to keep you playing for days. Expand
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them with corrosive damage, electrocute them, and so much more. The voice acting is probably the strangest thing, although there is no direct curse words in here, there are so many vulgar references, funny for adults and older teens, but probably not a good thing for youngins. Definitely a great game, no doubt. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns. Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    If I where stuck in a room, with only one game to play forever, it would be Borderlands 2. After 18 months of playing this game, and still not tiring from it at all, I can easily say this is the best game ever made. Can wait to do it all again when it comes out on the PlayStation Vita.
  5. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  6. Jan 12, 2014
    I loved this game, it had a great campaign and playing online was just amazing, the DLC is really good if you loved the campaign as much as I did and want to play more ! :) (I have played more than 3 days all up on it)
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    Very fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping is much more difficult as the cross-hairs is very wobbly. The last one is that this game is pretty much made solely for co-op. It's not that you cannot enjoy this game on your own, but it is clearly intended to be play with another person. I had a great time playing with my friend but when he left (we're both married), it was difficult to continue on without him. My wife couldn't really get into the game either so I've been stuck in a limbo on playing it. Also, because the assault rifles aren't great and the sniping is annoying, it is hard for me to choose a character. It also seems like the character's special abilities are pretty lame compared to the previous characters (I really miss Mordecai's Bloodwing). But this is still a great game and I plan on convincing my wife to give it another try! One last thing, if you have played the previous Borderlands, there are tons of jokes in this one for you. Enjoy! Expand
  8. Nov 27, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a shameless loot grind.

Sorry... let me rephrase that.

Borderlands 2 is an extremely fun shameless loot grind, with great humor, wonderful cooperative play, tons of exploration, and wall sphincters.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts? What about duel wielding two automatic explosive elemental snipers that makes you feel like a raining wave of destructive only to be met with the same force of agression by the smart A.Is? This game is a must have for the addictive nature of its FPS smoothness. IT FEELS GREAT KILLING THE CHALLENGES OF PANDORA.

But that's the thing. Borderlands 2 CHALLENGES you to play smart or rage quit and try again at the first and second playthrough of the game. Some of the bosses are just brain melting that I needed to take a rest from because I wanted to beat them so bad but I couldn't because most of the times it is just unfair because you don't have the right weapons or there are just damage insta killers that are frustratingly hard to avoid. SO just take your time, pull out some of your hair from your scalp. respawn and try again

The humor is flat out funny and constant throughout the game with the special uber characters that give you awesomely well down side-quest. It doesn't feel like a chore anymorike in the first borderlands. Side-quest are a thing that makes you want to play the game even more. Most of the side-quest are even leads to the hundreds of well down easter eggs. THe dialog is priceless and fits into the game and story-line perfectly like children and candy.

The villian. Handsome Jack is probably the best or even the most epic bastard villians in my gaming experiences. You just want to straggle him until his eyes pop out because his the evil done so well that messes with you so very damn good. Example? I think his like the GLaDOS (Portal series) of Borderlands 2. Always teasing you and joking at you while you try to survive the thousands of enemies and wild lide tht he casually sends at your friends and you.

THe story is very well done and emotionally driven towards the end game even with all of the silliness, it's very serious. So grab a couple of friends and play this majestic game together in divine perfection.. Though it could of been better.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is improved greatly from its predecessor. The collecting loot is addicting and the multiplayer is very fun. This game is a must have for coop buddies or couples. 9/10
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    borderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and the graphics are greatly improved over the first game to make the environments and the enemies a treat to look at. the weapons are the star of the show however and there is always a new gun to use or a new shield to equip. the loot is handled well and the game also plays brilliantly with co-op. the story is not something the game is known for but i did enjoy the narrative of the game and handsome jack was a great villain.

this game is one of the best of the generation in my opinion for a fun based co-op shooter with plenty of content, great shooting, tonnes of loot and a funny cast of characters.
  12. Aug 19, 2013
    A unique take on the FPS, it greatly improves upon it's predecessor with tons of gut/ns, glory, and EXPLOSIONS!

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  13. Aug 17, 2013
    A game that plays on being a complete badass and the fun aspect of modern fps games. With an interesting world to explore, fun and addictive gameplay. With very memorable characters and over 1 bajillion guns and easter eggs to keep you on your feet as a vault hunter.
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    Having been a fan of the 1st game and its DLC (save for Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot), I had high anticipations for the 2nd entry. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The four new Vault Hunters (six if you include the 2 DLC characters) each have different abilities and skills, making each playthrough feel different. If there's one complaint I have with the first game, it's that the weapons all appear the same. Not in this game. Each of the 8 gun manufacturers have different shapes and designs for their guns, and the millions of guns in this game all look and feel different. You'll rarely see the same gun twice. Enemy variety is varied in the first Borderlands and even more so in this version, with a lot of returning enemies as well as several new varieties, each with different weaknesses and attacks. There's also an even wider variety of missions to undergo, everything from fetch quests to bizarre requests. But where this game really shines is in 4-player co-op. Like the first game, the game gets harder with more players, but hte loot enemies drop is much better. Everything is improved over the original, which was already a success. However, the DLC has been sub-par at best. But that hardly puts a dent in the overall enjoyment you'll get from this game. Any FPS or RPG fan will enjoy this game. Expand
  15. Aug 13, 2013
    I got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in later playthroughs. right now i'm on my 9th playthrough and i still have fun playing through this game. I enjoy this and this is my go to game when i just wanna go and find a good time to play in. Expand
  16. Jul 26, 2013
    I have played through this game about 1.5 times. It is an absolute masterpiece of gaming. Great characters, rewarding loot, and infinite weapon combos. Do not doubt buying this game. One of the best fps/RPGs of this generation.
  17. Jul 9, 2013
    Great game. Very fun. Very funny and im glad i tried it. They made this game very well. I cant think of any problem other than the loot being the kind that only spawns once so whoever gets it gets it and no one else (for the guns anyway). Other than that its all good.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    In my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick up Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, which features all 4 DLCs and is packed with hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of great gaming fun. Then, after you have levelled all 4 characters up to 61, you can pick up B2. If you love shooters and are a sucker for loot drops and RPGing, Borderlands 2 will not disappoint. Does anything even come close? Only Borderlands 1. Expand
  19. Jun 19, 2013
    Truly great experience the characters were funny the story was great the game is addicting. I played through the story many times and it never gets old, and I will continue to play it through out the summer until GTA 5 comes out.
  20. Jun 5, 2013
    This game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to play such an encompassing game but for adults, it's just fun and chock full. The game inclusions are second to none, a real delight and best overall game I have played on the XBox with every single incorporation. I hope they make a Borderlands 3 on the new XBox One. Such a good game that could be even more creatively added to with more compute power of the newer Xbox One platform. I look forward in wait and anticipation of an even mega Borderlands in the future. Expand
  21. May 27, 2013
    This is a super fun and funny game to play by yourself or especially with your friends the endless loot and humour of this game will keep you comming back for more. It plays much like the first with a few tweaks and an actual story behind the mayhem, great game!
  22. DME
    May 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plain FUN. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and care into the making of the game.

(Disclaimer: I have never played the original Borderlands, so I can't compare the two games. Also, keep in mind, everybody will have a different experience depending on who they play with. Online play with randoms seems disastrous and solo play feels lonely and limited. I played through the game in offline splitscreen mode with a buddy. We only played with each other and neither of us ever played without the other. I do believe this was the best way to experience the game.)
  23. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the original Borderlands characters with the exception of Salvador and Gaige. Also, there are lots of texture pop-ins which annoy me but it doesn't take away from the game. The story is interesting and I have to give 2K a big thumbs up for Handsome Jack as he is one of the most well scripted villains of 2012! There is also customization in this game with hats and skins for your suit. Overall, this game surpasses Borderlands and is one of the best 'shoot and loot' games of 2012. Expand
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  25. Apr 23, 2013
    There is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless days into leveling my assassin since day one to where I am, as well as digging into other characters. I would give this game infinity/10 if I could, but I can't, so I'll give it 10/10. Live long Zero!!!! Expand
  26. Apr 17, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games so be warned, I might be a bit biased. :)
    I honestly feel that of all my Xbox360 games (and I do have quite a few) this is the one that was the best "investment". As many have said before me, this is exactly what a sequel should be: bigger, better, smoother but still basically the same.
    I have never been disappointed in this game, every time I play it a
    smile appears on my face that won't go away until it's time to go to sleep (I do have to work, sadly). There is a ton of content in this game, the gunplay never gets old and the characters are different enough that you need to approach situations very differently depending which one you use.
    I just wish more of my friends would play it so we could do more co-op. Sadly, they are mostly BF3 fanatics.
  27. Apr 14, 2013
    This game makes my peepee hard. Great dialogue, possibly the best villain EVER, and tight controls. I'm not even a fan of FPS, but I loved every second of this game.
  28. Apr 14, 2013
    I loved the first borderlands and now I love the second one. I love collecting loot, especially gun loot that are randomly generated every time. I usually ignore the harder difficulties that some bosses posses and kill them so quick just to find the next awesome loot the perfectly suits my playing style. Yet, when playing in the awesome 4 player co-op, its not so awesome when loot inst shared between everyone! Lets just say, when a gun drops, the whole group will run to that gun and rapidly press X to get the gun first and this is extremely frustrating! Sort this out Gearbox! But, moving away from loot, the storyline is epic. Its hilarious, crazy and just overall amazing. Some lines that characters come out with too are incredible, especially Handsome Jack who persistently taunts you with funny one liners. Bosses and mini-bosses are great, they are all varied with wild names, like Flesh-stick. Some characters are dull, but those dull characters are removed from your skull because of the brilliantly designed characters found in the game, like CL4P-TR4P and Handsome Jack. The characters from the original borderlands also make a return which help you complete your quest to ultimate destiny! Overall, this game is amazing and is probably the best game of 2012, aside from Far Cry 3 of course!

Melson97
  29. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. The constant weapon/shield/class mod upgrades, BadAss points, skill tree and character outfit customization make this game very addicting. Online play is superb and very engaging. If you're looking for something to take over your life. This is the game. Highly recommend it.
  30. Mar 10, 2013
    Easily a 10/10, but with no real feel to travel fast kinda gets lame. Takes along time to level up after like level 3, best villain along with far cry 3, Vas. Love the look, great humor loads of guns, loads of explosives, and a good amount of environments. With a good co-op portion to the game making it harder to play and win. Not a variety of characters to play, or change of your own style. Game-play is a straight 10, fun same thing, maps lovely 10, story uneven 8 to 9. Guns he-he-he you know the drill. One thing the your not as bad-ass like in the first game overall. After a lot of playing though you'll get your self back to bad-ass. Expand
  31. Feb 21, 2013
    As someone who put countless days into the original, nobody was more excited for this game than I. Borderlands 2, is without a shadow of doubt, a Masterpiece! The nonsensical story of the first game, has been twisted, molded, morphed, and in some areas beaten to work with the new one. Explaining every action taken in the original. The new characters added are unique in their abilities, and personalities. Speaking of characters many from the original return, and have only gotten better with age. New NPCs added fit right in with the desperate wasteland. The majority of the game is spent fighting the Hyperion Corporation from the first game, under their new CEO: Handsome Jack. Amazing writing, and acting make this villain one the best to ever touch a game. The loot system is back, and more varied then before. With each manufacturer having a unique perk to their weapons. The driving has been greatly improved, (Thank God) they even have a few driving missions. The humor in this game is top-notch, even dark humor after dramatic events (Though terrible) still gets a chuckle. Borderlands 2 is a game you can play for months, and not lose interest. Playing with friends in co-op only increase the experience, as enemies become tougher, and more varied with elemental attacks. If you're a fan of the original, buy this game. If you're a fan of shooters, buy this game. If you're a fan of loot, buy this game. If you're a fan of feeling like a badass, buy this game. Expand
  32. Feb 6, 2013
    Hooked me in a way the first game never did, this game is fantastic by yourself and even more fun with friends. Plus it has the huge choice of weapons that all fans of the series are looking for. Here's to hoping that the rest of the series is more similar to this game than to the first.
  33. Feb 5, 2013
    This game is so good awesome gameplay the co-op is so much fun and there is so much content me and my friend are trying to do everything we have like 75 hours and we still have like 70 missions left even the villain is good but the story is just ok but you dont play it for story but anyways get this game
  34. Jan 19, 2013
    On the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completing certain challenges) and there are fewer missions that are nothing but glorified fetch quests.

All this and a host of other minor tweaks meant that, while I bored of the first title before seeing it to the end, there was never any danger of me stopping before I saw Borderlands 2 through to its finale. This is co-op gaming at its very best.
  35. Jan 12, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a game that gets just about everything right, including the two most important parts of an Action RPG, the Action and the RPG both of which are superb in this game.

Unlike a lot of games where all the guns only serve as a means to kill the enemy, in Borderlands 2 each type of gun is significantly different to the others to give you reason to choose whether to use the
    pistol or the sniper, this becomes even more varied with the different weapon manufacturers which gives all the weapons in the game their own unique characteristics. The icing on this cake is the elemental damage a lot of weapons offer, which if used right can make an important difference when killing some of the tougher enemies. All of which is supplemented by the fact the actual game engine is on par with any of the dedicated FPS shooters out there including the current king Call of Duty.

As good as all this is though, on it's own it would soon get boring, and that's where the RPG element comes in, not only do you have a variety of locations to explore, and some rather interesting characters to interact with but like any RPG a leveling system not only serves to improve your characters signature special power but also keeps the game challenging. You will find yourself facing tough enemies any time you enter a new area, really making you work for your kills and XP, but later on when you return to these area you will find yourself levels above the enemies allowing you the godlike satisfaction of mowing them down without breaking a sweat. As you continue through the game this up and down roller-coaster continues making sure the game gives you both a pretty decent challenge but also a whole lot of fun.

So to recap, Borderlands 2 is an awesome game... but wait... it gets better.

Unlike a lot of games where the downloadable content adds very little to the game other than to get more of your money into publisher hands, Borderlands 2 actually delivers DLC that is just as good as the main game, giving you reason to either break from the main story or return to the game.

Perhaps the best bit of Borderlands 2, the developers haven't shoe-horned in Multiplayer modes into it, there is no Team Deathmatch or King of the Hill, no flags to capture or bases to hold, just you and up to 3 other people running round Pandora, shooting and looting and occasionally getting your butts handed to you buy some of the games harder bosses.

This for me is the game of 2012.
  36. Jan 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four starting characters. They're basically next gen variations of the four main characters from borderlands 1. But the Mechromancer did change that a bit. Overall won of my favorite games of all time and a must buy for anyone with a passion for gaming. Expand
  37. Jan 2, 2013
    I don't know where to start with this review so I'll just start and keep it simple. Borderlands 2 is one of the finest games of the year, it appeals to so many sensitivities in the gamer in all of us. This is a must play for any shooter/rpg fan. One of 2012's must play games, heck one of this console generations must plays.

I've played through twice one in tvh mode and now I'm in for
    a third. This game is addictive and has tons of replay value, plus more dlc and level cap increase are on the way.

Play this game!!!
  38. Jan 1, 2013
    Everythig about this game says streamlined,professional,ingenious,witty, comical, hilarious, and of course, VIOLENT! I was skeptical starting this game, but now, i can't stop! it's rich storyline, nonsensical characters, intricate gameplay, and of course the millions of weapons available make this a gem to keep you enraptured for a long time.
  39. Dec 27, 2012
    I can't say enough good stuff about this game, but here are a few of the standout items. It's fun to play! The controls are tight, and it's easy to aim/shoot. If you like exploring every twist and turn of an area, looking for hidden goodies or collectibles, you will enjoy this! The colors are vibrant and the graphics are crisp. The missions are engaging and never seem like busy-work. There are a few fetch quests, etc. but they are rare and optional. You can skip side-quests if you want, and just concentrate on the story. Need to level up or at an area that's too tough for you? Jump in a public game, and play a bit with or go do a few side-missions to gain some XP and better guns. The character classes are varied so you should try them all to see which is your favorite. The skill trees make a big difference as well. Once I had enough skill points to fill our a whole tree, it made the character feel completely new! A neat feature is if you beat a "boss" you can revisit the area later, and the boss respawns, rewarding you with big time loot and XP every time you beat him. Not finding rare guns enough? Follow Gearbox on twitter or Facebook as they are giving out "golden keys" which you can use any time to get a level-appropriate rare weapon, shield, etc. Great game, fun to play! Expand
  40. Dec 26, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popular with the CO-OP experience, its better than ever! Handsome Jack the villian has to be the best vilian in a game by far, I mean I hate him, love him, think hes' halerouand so on. The only con to Borderlands 2 is how it kept freezing a lot and glitchs I had with it, but you guys might not be having the trouble. Borderlands is an a game you should buy nw as so as you read this review. Borderlands 2 9.2/10 Expand
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    I realize a 10 essentially means the "perfect" game, and while not perfect I have not had so much fun in a long time with a game. BL2 builds upon the successful aspect of the first game, and fixes much of what was lacking in the first. The classes all now feel more viable, guns are better, the humor is more frequent, it is a very well constructed game. It isn't just a copy paste like many games today. Expand
  42. Dec 5, 2012
    I have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have a four player brawl in Sanctuary would be amazing) but not enough so that it would keep me from playing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys FPS and loot-based RPGs. Expand
  43. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing. It has a very nice graphics and a wonderful cell shading style to it.
    I like how many guns there are in the game. One thing that is a bit annoying, is that there is no head shots, only critical hits. But you can get over that. I would recommend this game greatly for anyone who were a fan of the previous game .
  44. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  45. Dec 3, 2012

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  46. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is truly an upgrade from the first, which was still by far a a gem. Its fluid game play, "Biziliandy guns," and an incredibly memorable cast of characters and humor leaves just about nothing left to be desired. The DLC is also just as profound though quite shorter. If you love the loot mechanics and its FPS style and humor, don miss this game.
  47. Dec 1, 2012
    Gearbox software is a game developer that has really developed itself over the years. A few mediocre Half-Life expansions, to the infamous Duke Nukem series are a few of the odd titles Gearbox has churned out over its lifespan. Undoubtedly, Borderlands 2 stands out as the crown jewel of Gearbox's vault of games. After sinking about 5 days worth of playtime into this game, only a few minor complaints are what stand in the way of it being absolutely flawless. Borderlands is a mash-up of two distinct genres, FPS and RPG. The two are blended seamlessly thanks to some truly genius developing on Gearbox's part. Players start at level 1 and shoot/loot their way all the way up to level 50 through a rather hilarious adventure involving many different locations to quest across. Enemies require more thought and skill to take down than the original Borderlands, and it makes for a fun trip that rarely ever feels like it's just another RPG grind. Bosses are challenging but not impossible, and some enemy types are pretty cool. Another part of the experience is a loot system that randomly generates guns, shields, class mods, grenade mods, and relics that scale to the players particular level. Things like damage, fire rate, and recharge speed are all determined based on the level of the item looted. The difficulty and levels of enemies scale nicely to the campaign's pace as well, which is more challenging to make happen than you might think. Gearbox has really created a memorable world here as well. There are only a few characters that I wish had a skip dialogue button, lighting effects are magnificent, and the visuals are generally aesthetically pleasing. Some textures are ridiculously pixelated, but it doesn't really detract from the shootin' and lootin'. There are also many, many pop culture references such as Lord of the Rings and Minecraft just to name a few. On the negative side, the frame rate can be a pretty big issue. The game has a hard time keeping up (especially on the 360) during intense shootouts to downright freezing for a good couple seconds during a double conference call shotgun rampage. Also, prepare to see the "fight for your life" screen quite a bit. You can easily get back up by making a quick kill but you may get frustrated trying to run through enemies, or doing a quest you maybe aren't quite high enough level for. These complaints aside, Borderlands 2 is a game any fan of FPS games or RPG games should buy. I'm still having fun with it far after I hit the level cap on my Gunzerker. Well done Gearbox, well done. Expand
  48. Nov 29, 2012
    Take the original Borderlands, add direction and storyline. This is epic entertainment! Smart, funny and addictive. Tiny Tina alone makes it worth the fee! Take'em, Take'em, Take'em!
  49. Nov 27, 2012
    I played the first Borderlands which i really enjoyed. Borderlands 2 is a must have game in any gamers library. The group missions are awesome, challenging, and require team effort to complete. I have no complaints other than the matchmaking system can be improved, its a little difficult to navigate. For their first time implementing online multiplayer they sure did a great job. Like i said, no real complaints here for this must have game and a huge improvement over the first. Expand
  50. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is fantastic in combat. brilliant with combat and absolutely astounding with the amount of weapons that are in the game-play. I love the fact that there is a character fit for any gamers combat style whether it be that your a stealthy fighter (Zer0), a defensive and tactical fighter (Axton), an extreme powerhouse (Salvador) or a supportive fighter (Maya). The DLC character is another great addition as Gaige is a deadly foe to have as in a second she can have her robot Death-trap obliterate you within a second. So it is with great honour that I give Borderlands 2 a 10/10. Expand
  51. Nov 25, 2012
    It's an upgrade from BL1 plain a simple. What people don't seem to understand is that you don't play it once and that's it. It's meant to be played at least 2 times to reach max level and start play through 2.5. Your first time playing you might get to around level 35 or so before you beat the game. Your second play through starts True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM. Everything is scaled in the beginning to your level and enemies are of course harder, you keep your weapons and gear from your previous play as well. Once you've beaten the game the second time that triggers play through 2.5, where pretty much everything is max level for that related monster or NPC and will drop the best possible level gear. Expand
  52. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  53. Nov 21, 2012
    Here's how this goes: put game in, start game up, hilarity ensues. Great game, very entertaining,but eventually repetitive. I can only start up the campaign and listen to Handsome Jack so many times. Still a solid 9.
  54. Nov 20, 2012
    BL2 trumps BL in every conceivable way. Better shooting mechanics, better AI, better writing, etc. Personally I love the Borderlands art style and humor, but I also get that the art and humor isn't something everyone will like. The thing about BL2 is that it's so goddam engaging. By that I mean you fire up the game, and within seconds you can be in an insane firefight. Difficulty settings are spot on, weapons are awesome and extremely varied. Overall a fantastic game, this one is my GOTY 2012. Better yet, we've still got three DLC's to look forward to! Expand
  55. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

Graphics = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There are a few
    hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

Gameplay = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world seems Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

Controls = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

Replay = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! Over All! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't stop playing this game. It is so much fun. I enjoyed Borderlands 1, but I got bored of it fairly quick. This is not the case with 2. Over 60 hours and I am still loving it. It follows the same formula as Borderlands 1 but it improves on pretty much everything. It might not be the perfect game, but I am giving it a perfect 10, as I have enjoyed evey minute.
  57. Nov 13, 2012
    Never were a fan of looting games... thought i'd check this one out (also for coop with my wife)... it blew our mind. The gameplay in combination with the comicstyle, the looting system and all other features is simply ADDICTING (especially Splitcreen). Let me list up what i like:
    - Many variations of enemys and environments keep the game interesting even after tons of hours of playing
    Different types of Rakks, Bandits, Midgets, Stalkers, Skags, Bullymongs, Threshers, Robots, Endbosses and more... (DLCs bring you more types of enemys like Pirates...)
    - Different environments in smooth transition: Deserts, Hills, Ice, Industrial, Urban and more...
    - TONS of weapons and gear: It will never be boring to use weapons and gear, because of the large variation
    - 50 Hours BEAST campaign: Unique characters in a funny world and a tough storyline keep you entertained and excited - Many comprehensive elements in story, environment, gear and characters
    - Remarkable villain-endboss, which leaves footprints everywhere in the world
    - No cutscenes, you experience most of the story in egoperspective
    - Many Endbossfights
    - Witty anecdotes
    - Many quests that give you a deeper look into Pandora
    - Balanced, not overpowered or underpowered classes
    - Motivating gameplay mechanics, that prevent that you get bored
  58. Nov 11, 2012
    I'm impressed. BL2 is everything BL1 was and more. An even bigger variety of weapons and plenty of laughs. There's virtually nothing that hasn't been improved upon from an already entertaining game. The only downside I would say, and this is just my opinion, is no longer being able to pop a target's limbs off. I had hoped turning on the gore would cure that. But alas, it did not. Perhaps the purpose for that is future DLC/$. But there's a satisfying level of sadism when you take an enemy down with any of the elements be it from a weapon or an exploding barrel.. Expand
  59. Nov 9, 2012
    My brother originally picked this title up because he and I love co-op games, and BL2 had well-reviewed co-op play. In this respect, and many others, it did not disappoint. Although there are occasional glitches, gameplay is generally smooth and very fun. The incredible variety of weapons and customization throughout really adds to the game, and there's just the right proportion of humor to gameplay. Definitely a great buy, especially if you're looking for a game to play with someone else. Expand
  60. Nov 7, 2012
    Only one of the masterpieces of this console generation! While other game developers fall all over themselves trying to ape Call of Duty, Gearbox has perfected the cooperative experience and makes teaming up with your friends to fight the machine an addictive and endlessly gratifying experience.
  61. Oct 31, 2012
    They took the original borderlands game and improved everything about it. There are a lot of options for character customization and lots of options on the different skill trees to change the way your character plays. The action is intense and the looting is addictive. If you don't have it yet you should pick it up, you won't regret it.
  62. Oct 31, 2012
    This game is fantastic... its so much more fun than 1 see my review here at my school's site http://palyvoice.com/2012/10/30/borderlands-2-sets-the-bar-for-shooters/
  63. Oct 30, 2012
    I have played many hours of this game and can honestly say it is fantastic!!! After all this time since playing Borderlands I forgot just how awesome it was until I played this fantastic upgrade from the original. This game is hilarious and the game play is still fantastic. If this game didn't seem like a complete copy of the original I'd give it a perfect 10.
  64. Oct 30, 2012
    This will probably be the best game released by a major studio, that isn't a huge franchise (Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed), this year. That's hugely significant, and yet Borderlands 2 surpasses any and all expectations that come with that.

The game has a fantastic hook- basically Diablo with guns. That's a very interesting concept on paper, but when actually applied, is even
    better than you can imagine. You're constantly looking for better stuff, swapping and trading to completely arm yourself against the masses of enemies on Pandora. And trust me, you'll need it. Along with the guns, you have 4 (5 if you preordered or bought it) to choose from.

Along with that, the story is good. You're tasked with bringing down Handsome Jack, a tyrant who has Pandora in his grasp. This time it's not some lame, thrown together mess, like the first one. Rather than that, this story is compelling, emotional, and just good as a whole. Also, the game has stunning graphics. Even on a console they look vibrant, and I've seen it on PC as well. They're astonishing. The cel-shaded look really brings a slick, sugary layer to the violence that goes on in the game.

Overall, this game has almost no flaws that I can think of. Therefore, a perfect score. 10/10
  65. Oct 30, 2012
    Good Lord! Since when do graphics make a game good? Furthermore those aren't bad graphics, it's just a different art style than most games, when did people stop reviewing games based on replay value? As for the gore, someone mentioned that it's toned down in this game, and I have no idea what they're talking about. As an avid fan but reasonable critic of the first game I can confidently tell you that this game takes a great idea, and improves on absolutely everything. The voice acting is great and is complimented by some great writing, the settings are magnificent and diverse (unlike the first which had cool landscapes but they were all pretty similar), there is also actually a plot in BL2 as opposed to its predecessor, the guns are cooler, the skill trees are more balanced, and they added some skill tree options that are geared more towards multiplayer without forsaking us single player gamers. This game literally improved on everything from the first, and in my opinion the only way you won't enjoy this game is if you don't like FPS, RPGs, or both (or if you straight up don't get what all the fuss is about with this franchise, which is fine because everyone has their own tastes). Finally the vault is actually worth opening; instead of being disappointed by a few low rarity weapons at the end of the game, I was rewarded with two legendary weapons (rarest in the game), plenty of other valuable guns, and an itch to start "True Vault Hunter Mode". In conclusion, if you like FPS, RPGs, or both then check this game out, if FPS or RPGs aren't your thing then maybe not, but everyone should at least give it a try if they're given a chance; I live in a house with three non-gamer roommates and two of them are already hooked. Expand
  66. Oct 28, 2012
    This game is waaaay better then the first borderlands, its funner, smother and looks **** awesome this is easily one of my newest Favorite games of all time, defiantly worth buying
  67. Oct 27, 2012
    A great game with a unique art style and tongue in cheek humour. The technical side is great with good textures but let down by texture pop-in.The quests are more varied than its predecessor, but let down by some repetitive fetch quests. Overall 9.3/10-Outstanding
  68. Oct 27, 2012
    This game is excellent. Graphics and gameplay are fine but nothing too showy, though personally I find the indie pop art feel to the game to be fantastic. The real value though comes from the excellent writing. The story arch is well done and the optional quests are well-worth it. Great one liners from a host of characters and the main cadre is very endearing. It is very easy to get deeply involved and the respawn of units and bosses makes just mucking about great fun. This game is perfect if you are looking for something to throw a hundred or so hours of fun into. Plus, don't forget future DLC and Co-Op options. Expand
  69. Oct 27, 2012
    Borderlands 2 does a great job of building off of the success of the first game in nearly every way. In terms of graphics, you're not getting anything too new here, however the fine details and new customization skins really add flair, allowing users to personalize their adventure even more. The greatest thing about this series, is there is ALWAYS something to do - even if by chance you complete all of the side quests, there's plenty of fun to be had in roaming Pandora and exploring new things. Expand
  70. Oct 23, 2012
    I loved the first Borderlands, I picked it up thinking it was going to be a deep and rewarding RPG but when i put it in it was more like the smooth first person shooting of Call of duty, mixed with Rpg elements and the enemies are weird. Now ive scooped together sixty dollars and figured i would try this one out. The moment i was let loose to shoot stuff and loot, i was having an immense amount of fun. You;ll notice that the gunplay is a lot more satifying then the last game, and a lot smoother. The game says that there are even more guns in this game. Well from what ive noticed there is a lot more guns. But the system is basically the same, because youll notice that ninety percent of the guns you pick up are complete sh*t but they have tweaked the grenades and the shields as well so that each one is different no matter what. Ive found grenade mods that when i threw it four flamethrowers come out and deal massive fire damage. Cool. The character classes are the same but there abilities are different. The commando still throws out a turret but it can do alot more things thanks to the skill tree for you character. This game is very good and if your still wondering whether or not to pick it up stop thinking about it, and buy it. Even if you havent played the first game you will enjoy the hell out of this game its really fun, and an immense time sink. Expand
  71. Oct 22, 2012
    Love this game in all aspects. Great Story,Sound, Graphics and Game-play. Must own for any Borderlands, BioSchock or end of the world fans. Looking forward to all additional DLC. 10/10
  72. Oct 12, 2012
    If you were a fan of the first title and asked yourself "Boy I sure could use more guns, loot, enemies, and bigger maps" than look no further. Borderlands 2 exceeds everything the first game had to offer. The new characters are fantastic and very diverse, but also very zany. The more storied focus campaign is a welcoming addition with a robust group of interesting characters. The core game though is still the co-op loot fest that everyone loved in the first game. So grab some friends or go alone because there is much to be explored in Pandora. Expand
  73. Oct 11, 2012
    Bad.Ass.

There isn't much more to be said here. This was my first borderlands game. This game had me hooked from start to end, and then sunk me back in the new game + mode. Utterly brilliant design, simplistic yet with deep RPG mechanics blended in a FPS environment and an amazing artistic style, and let's not forget the best part .. the humor !!! So so funny, every character has so
    much personality. Can't wait for the DLC and any future games. Expand
  74. Oct 9, 2012
    Borderlands 2's tagline should read "For the community, by the community". I say this because literally every single aspect that i did not not like from the original Borderlands has been removed or amped up to be an enjoyable aspect of the game. The narrative is superb both funny and at times gut wrenching at others. Playing through once isnt enough as beating the game the first time unlocks True Vault Hunter Mode which raises the difficulty, changes enemy names and looks and includes more powerful loot and a chance at hitting the level cap. The NRA should endorse this wonderful game Expand
  75. Oct 9, 2012
    Worth the wait - better than the first one, and I can't put this game down. If you like loot-based games (who doesn't) and Diablo 3 was a disappointment to you (it probably was) this is your huckleberry
  76. Oct 8, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together to create the most entertaining experience that I have ever played.

Borderlands 2 tries to appeal to fans of first-person shooters, lootfests, and RPGs alike. The
    original focused more on shooting and looting, then anything else. Its story was clearly an afterthought, and the RPG element was unimpressive. Borderlands 2 thrives where the original failed.

The story, this time around is very entertaining. I find myself plotting the different ways I will kill Handsome Jack, the games antagonist. For reasons spoiler related, I will stop talking about the story. Side-quests are as strange as in the original. The missions are far more diverse, for example in one mission I
  77. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Developer: Gearbox software Publisher: 2k Games Age Rating: 18 Platforms: Xbox 360, playstation 3, PC Review platform: Xbox 360 Welcome to Pandora. The bad-ass planet that is now under Hyperion, yet more importantly Handsome Jacks authority. You can take control over one of four even more handsome vault hunters: Maya, Zero, Axton or Salvador, each with their own unique abilities. You are on Pandora for some good old fashioned looting when you get mixed up in the crimson raiders struggle against Handsome Jack, meeting familiar faces along the way (of course Claptrap). Expect one hell of a ride.

For the Full Revew as it wont all fit in this window head over to -
  78. Oct 6, 2012
    This game takes you back to Pandora in a great way. The gameplay, guns, story, characters, and guns have been drastically improved compared to the original Borderlands and it makes it a fantastic game to play. At every moment of the game something (or someone) is trying to kill you and you get plenty of opportunities to try and kill them right back. This game is utterly lovely to play.
  79. Oct 5, 2012
    I honestly didn't know much about this series. Doing research i read that the first borderlands game was somewhat like rage. which i had played so that's how i made the comparison. So my buddy calls me and says borderlands 2 is coming out were all gonna play online. So I bought it just to go along with it. To my surprise I was blown away how awesome this game truly is. Anyone who loves mmo's or loves games that have weapon upgrades,skills, talent trees,etc. Then this is the title for you. The co-op is flawless playing with a friend or just someone random is very enjoyable the mechanics the great voice dialogue and fun boss fights just work perfectly. This is not a rental this is a must have of 2012 Expand
  80. Oct 4, 2012
    This game was meant for so many types of gamers, and succeeds at every style it serves up. If you a) like to shoot things b) like to collect stuff c) like to explore d) like memorable, entertaining characters e) like to game with friends ... Borderlands 2 delivers, with a funny, polished game you will be playing for hours and hours. It oozes atmosphere with a colorful art style, and gives you a shooting mechanic to rival Halo or Call of Duty in precision. (You can fix your controller buttons to emulate whatever FPS you play most.) I played the original Borderlands, including all the DLC, and didn't think I could possibly play more of the same game, but Gearbox managed to improve on every aspect of the original. Now I'm hooked again. Expand
  81. Oct 4, 2012
    This review is going to be quick if you have friends, love to collect guns, love rpgs then this is the perfect game for you. If you played the first borderlands the story wasn't that good, I don't remember the story actually, for borderlands 2 it is different the story is solid, the gameplay is excellent, it is a pretty challenging game. And trust me you will be playing this game for a long time. The first borderlands was awesome this one is amazing. It is really worth your money and time. If you want the season pass don't hesitate buy it. Collapse
  82. Oct 4, 2012
    Borderlands 2 brings you back to Pandora for another wild goose chase with some brand new vault hunters. However this time the focus is on something much more important than the vault. After Roland, Lillith, Mordecai and Brick awakened the destroyer eridium has been spewing out of the ground faster then grass, it has also shown the whereabouts of another vault. After Hyperion had a close eye on the operations going down with Atlas, the Crimson Lance and the original Vault hunters they decide to move in and go on the hunt for the vault lead by the tyrannous Handsome Jack. Invited by Jack the new vault hunters (Axton, Maya, Salvador and Zero) you soon realise you are being led into a trap and escape into the plains of Pandora on a epic 50+ hour adventure to stop Jack opening the vault and allow Pandora to be at peace for longer than five minutes.
    Lots of old characters return as well as many new faces, a loot chest full of side quests and an epic storyline full of unexpected twists, turns and heart wrenching moments.
    Borderlands 2 is a must buy for fans of the series and as good a place as any to pick up the game and start if you haven't played the first. A real GOTY contender
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    Bigger, better and way more bad ass. That has been said before regarding sequels to other games, but it has never been more true than with Borderlands 2. The tweaks to the classes may throw some people off at first, but give the new characters a little time to get to know them and you'll find pure gold. The game seems more balanced overall, with tougher, smarter enemies and the need to utilize each characters strengths to ensure success. If you played Borderlands and even liked it a little bit, you should be playing Borderlands 2 right now. Thank you Gearbox for another gem. I wish there were more developers like you guys that put this much thought, love and attention to detail into co-op games. Borderlands 2 is easily among the front-runners for game of the year - and one of the best co-op games in recent memory. Expand
  84. Sep 30, 2012
    I made a 8 minute review for the Xbox360 version of BL2 and I am certain that I am the only person in the world so far that has made a review for the game and gotten every achievement which made me play in other ways no one else played the game and finding various bugs and different ways to play the game.

Heres the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrja37eBRX4
  85. Sep 27, 2012
    Masterpiece! A review written after 70 hours of game play and completion of normal mode...
    Recently, FPS have become a bore, and Rpg's have taken a wrong turn. Borderlands 2 takes the best of two old worlds gone sour, and makes them sweet again! Seriously.

I literally have to start with commending: A bad ass intro! it will bring a tier to an artists eye, and motivate even the most
    unlikely of gamers.

Controls: Let's talk about the core mechanics of this gem, and how it translates from your sweating palms, too your watering eyes. The controls are slick (on the 360), I never felt so comfortable with a games controls, especially a FPS. I get the feeling that I'm 100% in control, and no mistakes will be made unless they were my own.

FPS Mechanics: In my opinion, it's a very realistic shooter, and this topic deserves some recognition. The reticules and kickback on almost every weapon feel as realistic as any COD game, but have a chance to be further interesting through RPG elements such as; getting an SMG which improves accuracy (shrinks reticule) while shooting. I can't express how much flavor this adds to a FPS. Every weapon feels different even if it's comparing two of the same weapons types, such as two assault rifles. When adding a wacky element like shooting explosive shots from an assault rifle, the mechanics adapt to a realistic feel such as; reloading time increases as the character is stuffing explosive ammo into the gun, or a delay in the burst, or a spread in the reticule. No matter how ridiculous the weapon modification may sound, the game adjusts to realism through mechanics. I commend the FPS mechanics and adore the RPG elements. A perfect and seamless blend that should not go UN-noticed!

Art Style: WOW! simply wow! it speaks for itself, but my favorite part is that you journey around the color wheel, with environments dedicated to colors. Blue ice-lands, waterfalls, & dams. Orange & yellow dry lands / deserts. Green toxic swamps, and highlands. Purple Errideum lands, red volcanic finally! I truly appreciate the beauty of the color wheel in this game! Story: Story telling is important in games! The best part about this game is that it doesn't try to hard to be professional, but it delivers a rich heartfelt story that grabs you and sucks you in. I remember every aspect of plot, story telling, and the characters which delivered them. It's an emotional roller coaster of feelings which has you on the edge of your seat and almost falling off it! A good game will leave you feeling love for the characters, upset or angry at times, and wanting to reap vengeance, which will carry you through. That's exactly what this game is, and does! Some people actually gave this game a bad review, because they were emotionally broken or depressed with some of the story outcomes. That's Brilliant! I personally am left wanting to relive the experience even after completing the game. Some games like Halo: (not trying to bash, but making a point) I got lost in the story because every detail had a detail and the game tried to hard to cover to much professional explanation, and I got bored / fed-up with it. In BL2, everything has a purpose, but doesn't rabble on and on about it. Simple, to the point, and very rewarding. Sequel: This game is the definition of what makes a true sequel! If you played borderlands 1, you will not only be rewarded in game, but your soul will be rewarded through relationships and story telling references. A lot of the NPC's from borderlands 1 have made an appearance here, and they even talk / reference stories from borderlands 1. You don't need to play BL1 to understand what's happening (unlike the mass effect series (which is a great thing!)) However, you will appreciate and love the characters that much more! And possibly even want to go back and revisit the first game! This is a true sequel, and brilliant marketing system for the franchise.

Questing: I HATE mindless questing for petty rewards... Optional side missions, are just as rewarding as the main story, and this is why story telling in games is so important to me. They literally suck you into wanting to know what happens in a minor side quest. You build a relationship with characters which become meaningful to you, and curiosity pushes you into finding out what happens. The reward is the outcome of the side plot (and often hilarious), and as a bonus you get a sweet ass weapon and some exp! Game designers really should look to borderlands as a base mesh of what makes a good game!

Re-playability: Don't fix what's not broken! Borderlands 2 kept what was working well, and made it better! All the classes feel unique and deserve a full play through. with 100+ hours of amazing game play PER-character. your looking at a 400+ hour game with guaranteed amazing DLC already in production. You got yourself the best re-playable game of the decade (and that is an understatement!)
  86. Sep 27, 2012
    Great game even better than the 1st love the charectars, story and humor. The side quests kept me interested for hours. old favourites make a fantastic return and gameplay has been vastly improved as well. I tilt my hat (if i had one)
  87. Sep 26, 2012
    Exactly what a sequel should be, It takes everything good about the first game improves it, and adds its own flavor and humor into what was already an amazingly perfect game. Endless hours of exploring side quests and a thrilling story (in addition to play through 2) Borderlands 2 is not one to disappoint.
  88. Sep 26, 2012
    I just finished my second play through of Borderlands 2 and thought i should give my opinion.
    This game is really really fun, if your playing alone or with friends the tight shooter gameplay and the loot driven system really makes you want to come back and play more, although this game does have some issues most of them have to do with the bosses, almost every boss is this game felt a
    little bit to easy during my solo play through (i was the commando) mostly i would throw my turret down and shoot for 10 seconds and win. but then I started playing with friends which increased the difficulty and made it much more fun, basically this game is a 9/10 when solo and 10/10 with 3-4 people. Expand
  89. Sep 26, 2012
    I have been a huge fan of Borderlands since I first heard about it, the original trailers were nothing exciting, but the idea caught me.
    When the game was released however, it was nothing like my expectations, it was far better. It took a fairly simlpe idea, and made it great.

When Borderlands 2 arrived I was blown away. The areas look fantasic, there is plently to see and do, with
    areas that are large enough to have a good explore in, but small enough if you run and gun through the areas.
    The humour that has followed the game is very well written, I have caught myself laughing / groaning at some of the jokes, especially Claptrap, but the serious side is there as well, albeit still tounge in cheek for the most part.
    Its a very easy game to pick up and play. Some areas are unforgiving, but I never feel that dying is obtrusive to the game or the enjoyment. There may be some people that would argue "that would be the point of dying" but to me its the more enjoyment of the landscapes and the characters.
    The quests that I have played through so far have been failry simplistic, but an addition of some optional side quests and quest rewards have improved this.
    Generally I would describe this, personlly, as a perfect game. I have introduced new people to it, and they have all said similar things, "I have to get this."
    It may not be everybodies vup of tea, but I think it is an amazing game, and worth every penny.
  90. Sep 26, 2012
    This game is definitely better than the original Borderlands in terms of interface and how it looks and how it works. And I definitely like the new characters, but I think I'll be missing Mordecai as a playable character. There are more guns, better graphics, addicting gameplay and fantastic voice acting. It is definitely funnier than the original, thanks mostly to Handsome Jack and Claptrap, but in general, it has improved by far from the original. Expand
  91. Sep 25, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is one of the best sequels in gaming. Everything is sped up and streamlined and faster. The dialogue is wittier and more abundant. The story is the best improvement. It gives you the narrative that original failed to give. Each of the original Vault Hunters makes an appearance in a fantastic fashion. I've only done on play through with the Gunzerker so I can't speak for the other three character classes but I can say my experience with the combat was still awesome and fast paced. It's easy to get lost in the shoot and loot as well as the numerous skills options to customize you character. Overall Borderlands 2 is a highly addicting game and I highly recommend it! Expand
  92. Sep 25, 2012
    Once in awhile you pick a game up off the shelf and get it home and actually can't stop playing the damn thing :).

It makes us all feel good that we have spent our money on a product worth having as well as a company worth supporting. Every other company needs to stop and take a look at how these guys are doing it and reevaluate their development.

Love it!
  93. Sep 25, 2012
    This is everything that an action game should be. The story is much improved from the last edition, the characters are all great and feel unique, NPC's are cleverly written and help keep the story moving along while the missions are varied enough that you don't feel like you are constantly going to fetch materials or kill a random character. And as much fun as single player is the co-op is where this game truly shines. I haven't had this much fun blasting through bad guys with my brother and a couple of friends in a long time, if ever. With the amount of customization in the characters you really feel like you are working together as a team with your weaknesses being covered by your teammate's strengths. If you are a fan of action games you definitely need to check this one out, it's a blast! Expand
  94. Sep 25, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the funnest games of the years.

There's a lot from borderlands that has been mostly unaltered in the sequel. Thankfully though, they've improved on enough, and added just enough to make this a worthy purchase.

The gameplay itself is mostly unchanged, save for a few additions. The shooting is frantic and fast passed alone, but throw 3 other players into the fold,
    and enjoy as pure chaos ensues. The 4, soon to be 5, different character classes all play well with each other strengths, and the skill trees have been reworked to give much greater customization. Borderland's 'Bazillion' of guns are even 'Bazillionder', as the box says, with the inclusion of a new element 'slag'. The variety of grenades, shields, class mods, ect. have all been greatly improved on as well.

The story in the first Borderlands was almost completely forgettable, but it has received a lot more work this time around. Well written and humorous, the cast of bizarre characters and settings offers a quirky, interesting story throughout. The side quests may get dry from time to time, but the excellent voice work and unique characters will keep you listening to every line of dialog regardless.

In terms of pure quality, the graphics are fairly lacking. However, the insane, cell shaded style keep it a pleasure to look at, and the chaos during battles offer plenty of eye candy. Get enough chaos going at one time however, and there will be some drop in the frame rate. This doesn't happen too often though, and isn't always too consequential.

Borderlands 2 is definitely an worthy purchase, and with at least 4 more dlc packs on the way, I look forward to playing this game for a good long while. If you haven't yet gotten your hands on this game yet, I would strongly recommend it.
  95. Sep 24, 2012
    A gaming masterpiece. It's everything you could want in a video game, without spreading itself too thin. While it isn't absolutely perfect, Borderlands 2 exceeds any standard that could be set for a video game. It has a good story with highly memorable characters, including one that so few games get right: a believable antagonist. Great graphical style and visual effects (especially on the PC), insanely entertaining, maximum replayability, and absolutely hilarious. Let's list all the pros and cons. ** Pros **
    ++ Good story
    ++ Motivated protagonists and antagonist
    ++ Never have an identical experience
    ++ Awesome graphics
    ++ Liquid-smooth gameplay
    ++ 25-plus hours of play for the first playthrough (and there is a second one that takes longer)
    ++ Varied missions
    ++ Most hilarious video game of this console generation
    ++ Over twenty million guns - well over, I believe
    ++ One of the best co-op games ever made
    ++ Highly moddable for those familiar with .ini files (PC only) ** Cons **
    -- Under-utilized vehicle system
    -- Odd inventory interface (PC only)
    -- The difficulty of missions is not indicated clearly (some are unreasonably difficult even when the quest tracker says "difficulty: normal")
  96. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is great, it has really sucked me in. Wasn't so thrilled with the tutorial part at the beginning as it really has a super slow pace. I hope it is skippable on my second play through as I would hate to have to repeat it. Overall I'm really pleased with the game.
  97. Sep 24, 2012
    I've been playing this game for about 15 hours or so now and I'm loving every new area, enemy and gun as much as the first. Simply put, if you like FPS games you have to get this. The single players is excellent and the co-op is the best I've played since GRAW & Rainbow six Vegas. Normally I can't be bothered to collect everything but I find myself searching every nook to get ammo, money, eridium and guns. The guns all have a different feel and their own uses which means your selection is very important in battles. There is enough customization to keep you happy and the characters you meet have a personality of their own and sometimes a nice gun for you. Humour? it's got a lot and as for fun, there is nothing better than letting a midget run at you with your sniper sights trained on his head, then at the last minute....BOOM!
    I was looking forward to BLOPS 2 and Halo 4 but they will need to be something special to beat this game. I also normally trade games in as soon as I've finished the single player and played a couple of months of multiplayer but I will be keeping this game to play the DLC missions and characters. Awesome game and massive fun.
  98. Sep 23, 2012
    Spectacular game. Do as many of the side missions as possible. They are hilarious and sometimes both challenging and hilarious. It's spectacular. Everything from Borderlands 1 that made it amazing are here and improved 10 fold. I've never had so much fun finding new guns in a video game ever. It's like finding new blades in any given RPG, only these go boom.
  99. Sep 22, 2012
    This is a great game and a huge improvement over the original borderlands. Don't listen to the 3-5 hour in reviews, the quests and enemies get better as you go
  100. Oct 4, 2012

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.