Borderlands 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Jul 26, 2013
    I have played through this game about 1.5 times. It is an absolute masterpiece of gaming. Great characters, rewarding loot, and infinite weapon combos. Do not doubt buying this game. One of the best fps/RPGs of this generation.
  2. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each playerBorderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each player but shared making getting one of the BAZILLION new guns hard when not playing with a friend. Never the less, this is a great game I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun enjoyable time. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Outstanding game, it really improves upon the first game. In all areas, large or small, this is a truly superior game. Not to badmouth the very good original game.
  4. Sep 19, 2012
    I just need to score this game to level out the number of poor reviews. This game is incredible and anyone who scores this less then an 8 doesn't know fun when it shoots a hole through there face. An absolute must by!

By the way, this game contains one of the greatest intro videos of all time.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is a amazing game that truly keeps me entertained. I cant stop playing this game because I love it so much if I had to be reborn I would want to be bord in this sick game.
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    I missed all of the press / advertisements of the first game and had it recommended to me from a friend. Once I picked it up, I fell in love with the game....sure it had its quirks but I enjoyed it immensely. I would give Borderlands 1 a 8.5 or 9, so with that in mind I can't understand how some people who loved the first game, or gave it a high score and either gave it a worse or evenI missed all of the press / advertisements of the first game and had it recommended to me from a friend. Once I picked it up, I fell in love with the game....sure it had its quirks but I enjoyed it immensely. I would give Borderlands 1 a 8.5 or 9, so with that in mind I can't understand how some people who loved the first game, or gave it a high score and either gave it a worse or even review compared to the 1st Borderlands. This game improves upon every single area that I had gripes with in the first one, I love the sound from the vehicles, I love the differences between the gun manufacturers, I am lvl 18 currently and there are people whom I've seen that are a much lower than myself that have weapons with a certain style that I haven't ever seen before at all, which I thing is wonderful.

The most impressive thing, is that this game is HARD. I could play the first game with maybe dying 3-5 times through the main storyline....I think I've died 3-5 times at the character selection screen. Some may not like it, but I find it so refreshing.

Best game I've ever played
  7. Sep 19, 2012
    Great game! Everything from the first game has been significantly improved, and new exciting features have been added as well! The campaign is simply epic and even better with a friend.
  8. Sep 19, 2012
    Probably one of the best games i have ever played. Loot heavy isnt the word for it , and the guns you get are CRAZY cool looking. The special effect of the weapons ever even cooler ranging from a pistol that shoots sticky like explosives to a grenade upgrade that when thrown it slits into 5, 500 plus grenades. Only thing stopping me from giving it a ten is i wish they gave you moreProbably one of the best games i have ever played. Loot heavy isnt the word for it , and the guns you get are CRAZY cool looking. The special effect of the weapons ever even cooler ranging from a pistol that shoots sticky like explosives to a grenade upgrade that when thrown it slits into 5, 500 plus grenades. Only thing stopping me from giving it a ten is i wish they gave you more creative control over the characters. You do get to change there heads and outfits but obtaining certain items in game but id rather full control , other then that , perfect game . ( lets just hope the ending is better in this then in the first ) Expand
  9. Sep 19, 2012
    There isn't much to say about this game. It is truly fantastic and improves on the original in every way. Any fan of the original would be doing themselves a great disservice if they chose not to play this game. Actually, the same goes for any gamer. Play this game.
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    Borderlands 2 feels exactly the way a sequel should - lots of little improvements, not too many big changes, and the sense that the baton was simply passed from the original to the successor.

I played the first game for over 1,000 hours, completing both playthroughs on all 4 characters and most of the challenges as well. Even just 10 hours into my BL2 playtime, I'm still remarking at each new discovery "that's EXACTLY what I was missing in the first game". Improved game mechanics, better use of challenges & goals, easier progression - it's all exactly what Dr. Zed ordered.

You SHOULD ABSOLUTELY buy this game and not stop playing it for any reason...
  11. Sep 20, 2012
    MUCH better than Borderlands 1 (which is a great game)... I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but I can tell you the game runs smooth with great graphics, great gameplay, and really good voice acting.
  12. Sep 21, 2012
    neilsmif1980 is clearly a troll, since borderlands has an autosave that would prevent "starting from the beginning like he claims this bug did" so grats, troll was trolling. Anyway, the game is awesome, improved gameplay and co-op from the first (split-screen co-op woot woot). If you liked the original there's no way you don't like this
  13. Sep 26, 2012
    Exactly what a sequel should be, It takes everything good about the first game improves it, and adds its own flavor and humor into what was already an amazingly perfect game. Endless hours of exploring side quests and a thrilling story (in addition to play through 2) Borderlands 2 is not one to disappoint.
  14. Sep 27, 2012
    Masterpiece! A review written after 70 hours of game play and completion of normal mode...
    Recently, FPS have become a bore, and Rpg's have taken a wrong turn. Borderlands 2 takes the best of two old worlds gone sour, and makes them sweet again! Seriously.

I literally have to start with commending: A bad ass intro! it will bring a tier to an artists eye, and motivate even the most unlikely of gamers.

Controls: Let's talk about the core mechanics of this gem, and how it translates from your sweating palms, too your watering eyes. The controls are slick (on the 360), I never felt so comfortable with a games controls, especially a FPS. I get the feeling that I'm 100% in control, and no mistakes will be made unless they were my own.

FPS Mechanics: In my opinion, it's a very realistic shooter, and this topic deserves some recognition. The reticules and kickback on almost every weapon feel as realistic as any COD game, but have a chance to be further interesting through RPG elements such as; getting an SMG which improves accuracy (shrinks reticule) while shooting. I can't express how much flavor this adds to a FPS. Every weapon feels different even if it's comparing two of the same weapons types, such as two assault rifles. When adding a wacky element like shooting explosive shots from an assault rifle, the mechanics adapt to a realistic feel such as; reloading time increases as the character is stuffing explosive ammo into the gun, or a delay in the burst, or a spread in the reticule. No matter how ridiculous the weapon modification may sound, the game adjusts to realism through mechanics. I commend the FPS mechanics and adore the RPG elements. A perfect and seamless blend that should not go UN-noticed!

Art Style: WOW! simply wow! it speaks for itself, but my favorite part is that you journey around the color wheel, with environments dedicated to colors. Blue ice-lands, waterfalls, & dams. Orange & yellow dry lands / deserts. Green toxic swamps, and highlands. Purple Errideum lands, red volcanic finally! I truly appreciate the beauty of the color wheel in this game! Story: Story telling is important in games! The best part about this game is that it doesn't try to hard to be professional, but it delivers a rich heartfelt story that grabs you and sucks you in. I remember every aspect of plot, story telling, and the characters which delivered them. It's an emotional roller coaster of feelings which has you on the edge of your seat and almost falling off it! A good game will leave you feeling love for the characters, upset or angry at times, and wanting to reap vengeance, which will carry you through. That's exactly what this game is, and does! Some people actually gave this game a bad review, because they were emotionally broken or depressed with some of the story outcomes. That's Brilliant! I personally am left wanting to relive the experience even after completing the game. Some games like Halo: (not trying to bash, but making a point) I got lost in the story because every detail had a detail and the game tried to hard to cover to much professional explanation, and I got bored / fed-up with it. In BL2, everything has a purpose, but doesn't rabble on and on about it. Simple, to the point, and very rewarding. Sequel: This game is the definition of what makes a true sequel! If you played borderlands 1, you will not only be rewarded in game, but your soul will be rewarded through relationships and story telling references. A lot of the NPC's from borderlands 1 have made an appearance here, and they even talk / reference stories from borderlands 1. You don't need to play BL1 to understand what's happening (unlike the mass effect series (which is a great thing!)) However, you will appreciate and love the characters that much more! And possibly even want to go back and revisit the first game! This is a true sequel, and brilliant marketing system for the franchise.

Questing: I HATE mindless questing for petty rewards... Optional side missions, are just as rewarding as the main story, and this is why story telling in games is so important to me. They literally suck you into wanting to know what happens in a minor side quest. You build a relationship with characters which become meaningful to you, and curiosity pushes you into finding out what happens. The reward is the outcome of the side plot (and often hilarious), and as a bonus you get a sweet ass weapon and some exp! Game designers really should look to borderlands as a base mesh of what makes a good game!

Re-playability: Don't fix what's not broken! Borderlands 2 kept what was working well, and made it better! All the classes feel unique and deserve a full play through. with 100+ hours of amazing game play PER-character. your looking at a 400+ hour game with guaranteed amazing DLC already in production. You got yourself the best re-playable game of the decade (and that is an understatement!)
  15. Oct 1, 2012
    This is a humorous and thoughtful addition to the Borderlands series. Guns and baddies get bigger, better and more powerful. Some familiar faces help along the way, along with some new personalities. The graphics were that same almost-cartoon-like design that I greatly enjoyed in the first game. Overall, the game was very good.

My few complaints that kept this game from a 10/10 from my

My few complaints that kept this game from a 10/10 from my personal opinion. 1) I found Zer0's skill-tree to be incredibly disappointing. I'm replaying as Maya and already on level 10 I'm much happier. Going from Mordecai with Bloodwing to Zero and some nearly worthless 5 second decoy that was used more for escaping than flanking... was disappointing. Most of his skill points did exactly the same thing as the badass tokens. 2) I felt that the original characters had massive personality changes from 1 to 2. I was personally annoyed over this, but it doesn't really ruin the gameplay.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    This review is going to be quick if you have friends, love to collect guns, love rpgs then this is the perfect game for you. If you played the first borderlands the story wasn't that good, I don't remember the story actually, for borderlands 2 it is different the story is solid, the gameplay is excellent, it is a pretty challenging game. And trust me you will be playing this game for aThis review is going to be quick if you have friends, love to collect guns, love rpgs then this is the perfect game for you. If you played the first borderlands the story wasn't that good, I don't remember the story actually, for borderlands 2 it is different the story is solid, the gameplay is excellent, it is a pretty challenging game. And trust me you will be playing this game for a long time. The first borderlands was awesome this one is amazing. It is really worth your money and time. If you want the season pass don't hesitate buy it. Expand
  17. Oct 6, 2012
    This game takes you back to Pandora in a great way. The gameplay, guns, story, characters, and guns have been drastically improved compared to the original Borderlands and it makes it a fantastic game to play. At every moment of the game something (or someone) is trying to kill you and you get plenty of opportunities to try and kill them right back. This game is utterly lovely to play.
  18. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BL2 is a solid game. Is it as good BL1 not really. BL2 is a little harder than the first but game play is the same just coming at you fast and furious in all directions at times. You will not set back and snipe everything and you will not run in with your shotgun one shoting everything in the face. Why cause the guns seem fairly week. This game is about guns and guns are randomly generated but it seems they are more strictly generated. In BL1 every once in a while a really awesome gun would drop that made you feel like a OP badass for a few levels. I never really got that awesome weapon in BL2 the gun always felt like just a few baby steps better than the last gun based on my level. I liked the Marcus gun vending machines in BL1 in BL2 the vending machines are worthless except to sell guns to. We got slot machines to randomly kick out weapons most of which are worthless though you have a chance to get a orange purple or blue gun but the ones I got weren't as good as green and white junk I already had. I just not sure why everyone is so happy with the skill changes badass points was a good idea but the character trees are meh at best. Axton is a remade Roland so he is probably the best class for solo. Gunzerker is ok nothing special really just average. Maya might be good later on once you get deep into her skill tree ,but maya is far better than Lilith. Zero is the character I have beat the game with both play throughs and I can say he gets better by the end ,but he still feels weak. Characters from BL1 were better more focused and fun than the characters in BL2. Back to guns revolvers in BL1 were fun and powerful some had scopes allowing you to snipe with them though they were far less accurate then a real sniper. I was hoping for more awesome revolvers and pistols ,but they mostly were worthless. I had 2 pistols that were good one had low damage really but it's bullets were homing and did acid damage. The other was like the mashers from BL1 as in it shot like a shotgun it was fun ,but just to weak to be of use. Machines guns seemed improved this time at first but soon they got to be crap cause they reload to slow and have small clips which means constant long reloads bad for second wind. Snipers can be awesome but the enemies are almost always moving now making sniping harder than it should be. Also sniping the head has a smaller tighter area for crits. Shotguns still one of the best weapons if you find a good one and if it has exploding damage. Rocket launchers pretty much same as in BL1 nothing really to say about them. I don't see how everyone thinks BL2 is more funny than BL1 cause it is not nearly as funny or even has as much character. The best character in BL2 is tiny tina that's it ok well scooter is the same but the others have no personality. Lets talk gore and adult language gore is down from the first game. BL1 you could snipe and blow a head off the body would stay standing for a sec with blood squirting out his neck. In BL1 you could regularly blow bandits and skags to chunky bits it was fairly normal in BL 2 it did happen but very rarely. The language was cleaned up and characters seems to try and correct or apologize for their cursing....WHY it has a M rating don't water it down kick that crap up a notch or two or give it a T rating if your going to pull back. I like the chatter from the bandits in BL1 it was funny in a silly immature way. The enemies in BL2 it was flat boring. Your not going to here one of my favorites ( I'm gonna rip your face off and say hi to your mom) it's sick when you think about it but makes me laugh out loud every time. I can't even think of a BL2 enemies saying to quote cause nothing is said to remember. Ok that my 2 cents of opinion. It's a good game worth the money it's just not as good as BL1 it doesn't have the charm and character or music of the first game it's random guns aren't as fun or as random. Maybe BL3 will strike the right mix of BL1 and BL2. Have fun people enjoy what you have today cause tomorrow you may have nothing. Expand
  19. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Developer: Gearbox software Publisher: 2k Games Age Rating: 18 Platforms: Xbox 360, playstation 3, PC Review platform: Xbox 360 Welcome to Pandora. The bad-ass planet that is now under Hyperion, yet more importantly Handsome Jacks authority. You can take control over one of four even more handsome vault hunters: Maya, Zero, Axton or Salvador, each with their own unique abilities. You are on Pandora for some good old fashioned looting when you get mixed up in the crimson raiders struggle against Handsome Jack, meeting familiar faces along the way (of course Claptrap). Expect one hell of a ride.

For the Full Revew as it wont all fit in this window head over to -
  20. Oct 16, 2012
    I completed borderlands 2's normal play through and i am now about half-way through true vault hunter mode. so i though it would be timed to put up my review. I really enjoyed the game overall. it has good graphics, lovable characters, a good leveling system, and a crap ton of guns. Not to mention a storyline that is vastly improved. On the other hand, everything from BL2 seems to beI completed borderlands 2's normal play through and i am now about half-way through true vault hunter mode. so i though it would be timed to put up my review. I really enjoyed the game overall. it has good graphics, lovable characters, a good leveling system, and a crap ton of guns. Not to mention a storyline that is vastly improved. On the other hand, everything from BL2 seems to be recycled from BL1. after 20 hours or so in game, everything starts to feel bin there done that, and kind of gets stale and boring. Even though looting is fun, 99.99% of the loot is worse than what you already have. its a real pain in the butt to find guns that are on par with your level. even then stores sell guns that are about 5 levels below me. i also find enemies scaling to be off, iv'e run into enemies that are 5 or 6 levels below me that can kill me with a few shots (doesn't sound right to me). Those issues aside, i think its time for Gearbox to allow players to create their own characters. The main playable characters have little to no back round or story, not to mention they are really just a re skinning of the characters from BL1. i would also like to have seen more outfits for each character. All the skins are just color swaps. Overall , the fun in BL2 can be quickly overshadowed by the childish (un-funny) humor, or some odd game design choices. Expand
  21. Oct 30, 2012
    This will probably be the best game released by a major studio, that isn't a huge franchise (Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed), this year. That's hugely significant, and yet Borderlands 2 surpasses any and all expectations that come with that.

The game has a fantastic hook- basically Diablo with guns. That's a very interesting concept on paper, but when actually applied, is even better than you can imagine. You're constantly looking for better stuff, swapping and trading to completely arm yourself against the masses of enemies on Pandora. And trust me, you'll need it. Along with the guns, you have 4 (5 if you preordered or bought it) to choose from.

Along with that, the story is good. You're tasked with bringing down Handsome Jack, a tyrant who has Pandora in his grasp. This time it's not some lame, thrown together mess, like the first one. Rather than that, this story is compelling, emotional, and just good as a whole. Also, the game has stunning graphics. Even on a console they look vibrant, and I've seen it on PC as well. They're astonishing. The cel-shaded look really brings a slick, sugary layer to the violence that goes on in the game.

Overall, this game has almost no flaws that I can think of. Therefore, a perfect score. 10/10
  22. Oct 31, 2012
    This game is fantastic... its so much more fun than 1 see my review here at my school's site http://palyvoice.com/2012/10/30/borderlands-2-sets-the-bar-for-shooters/
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    Never were a fan of looting games... thought i'd check this one out (also for coop with my wife)... it blew our mind. The gameplay in combination with the comicstyle, the looting system and all other features is simply ADDICTING (especially Splitcreen). Let me list up what i like:
    - Many variations of enemys and environments keep the game interesting even after tons of hours of playing
    - Different types of Rakks, Bandits, Midgets, Stalkers, Skags, Bullymongs, Threshers, Robots, Endbosses and more... (DLCs bring you more types of enemys like Pirates...)
    - Different environments in smooth transition: Deserts, Hills, Ice, Industrial, Urban and more...
    - TONS of weapons and gear: It will never be boring to use weapons and gear, because of the large variation
    - 50 Hours BEAST campaign: Unique characters in a funny world and a tough storyline keep you entertained and excited - Many comprehensive elements in story, environment, gear and characters
    - Remarkable villain-endboss, which leaves footprints everywhere in the world
    - No cutscenes, you experience most of the story in egoperspective
    - Many Endbossfights
    - Witty anecdotes
    - Many quests that give you a deeper look into Pandora
    - Balanced, not overpowered or underpowered classes
    - Motivating gameplay mechanics, that prevent that you get bored
  24. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is fantastic in combat. brilliant with combat and absolutely astounding with the amount of weapons that are in the game-play. I love the fact that there is a character fit for any gamers combat style whether it be that your a stealthy fighter (Zer0), a defensive and tactical fighter (Axton), an extreme powerhouse (Salvador) or a supportive fighter (Maya). The DLC character isThis game is fantastic in combat. brilliant with combat and absolutely astounding with the amount of weapons that are in the game-play. I love the fact that there is a character fit for any gamers combat style whether it be that your a stealthy fighter (Zer0), a defensive and tactical fighter (Axton), an extreme powerhouse (Salvador) or a supportive fighter (Maya). The DLC character is another great addition as Gaige is a deadly foe to have as in a second she can have her robot Death-trap obliterate you within a second. So it is with great honour that I give Borderlands 2 a 10/10. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2012
    I feel that this game left a lot to be desired. When the game first started I found myself literally giggling at Jack every time he popped on the screen. That changed as the game took a very dramatic shift halfway through. I found it rather tedious to work through the story after that. The guns don't feel at all very powerful which is lame, because you spend a retarded amount of timeI feel that this game left a lot to be desired. When the game first started I found myself literally giggling at Jack every time he popped on the screen. That changed as the game took a very dramatic shift halfway through. I found it rather tedious to work through the story after that. The guns don't feel at all very powerful which is lame, because you spend a retarded amount of time farming for some of them. And the game has been causing a lot of system freezing for a lot of people who dropped between 70 and 200 dollars on it. I am one of those people. Overall the game was a fair disappointment for me. Expand
  26. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing. It has a very nice graphics and a wonderful cell shading style to it.
    I like how many guns there are in the game. One thing that is a bit annoying, is that there is no head shots, only critical hits. But you can get over that. I would recommend this game greatly for anyone who were a fan of the previous game .
  27. Jul 9, 2013
    I was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can everI was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can ever take, especially considering the FFYL timer is glitched and doesn't reset properly sometimes. I do like what they have done with character design. However having my inventory space cut in half is absolutely not fun at all. Inventory dumping every 5 minutes is terrible and repetitive. There is no ammo regen and the ammo capacities were lowered, making many ammo-hog guns worthless. The guns are kindergarten mockeries of what they were in the original, and several have been glitched to where they don't drop or are completely useless. (Cowboy Cannon) This is a level and loot game, and while they got the leveling right, the loot ruins it. And while everyone seems to rave about the story I have no Idea why. It's longer, not better. I love comedy when it is done right. I am a huge fan of Adult Swim and South Park. They are low-brow but brilliant and funny. This game is not. It tries constantly to be and usually fails. And the story is like some cheap pro-wrestling plot with the villain sneaking up from behind and getting away with dirty cheap tactics all the way till the end. Don't waste money on this sub par game. Go get the original if you haven't played it. If you have, wait till this one drops to the bargain bin. I'm very disappointed in Gearbox. I expected better. Expand
  28. Apr 14, 2013
    Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job,Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job, but if you were waiting for a sequel that was bigger and better I'd give it a miss. Expand
  29. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the originalThis game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the original Borderlands characters with the exception of Salvador and Gaige. Also, there are lots of texture pop-ins which annoy me but it doesn't take away from the game. The story is interesting and I have to give 2K a big thumbs up for Handsome Jack as he is one of the most well scripted villains of 2012! There is also customization in this game with hats and skins for your suit. Overall, this game surpasses Borderlands and is one of the best 'shoot and loot' games of 2012. Expand
  30. Aug 17, 2013
    A game that plays on being a complete badass and the fun aspect of modern fps games. With an interesting world to explore, fun and addictive gameplay. With very memorable characters and over 1 bajillion guns and easter eggs to keep you on your feet as a vault hunter.

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.