8.2

1. Jan 19, 2013
    On the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completing certain challenges) and there are fewer missions that are nothing but glorified fetch quests.

All this and a host of other minor tweaks meant that, while I bored of the first title before seeing it to the end, there was never any danger of me stopping before I saw Borderlands 2 through to its finale. This is co-op gaming at its very best.
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four starting characters. They're basically next gen variations of the four main characters from borderlands 1. But the Mechromancer did change that a bit. Overall won of my favorite games of all time and a must buy for anyone with a passion for gaming. Expand
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    B2 feels more like a B1 expansion pack with re-skins, a few tweaks and some really annoying gameplay bugs. Games too long for a just a rental, and just not worth the full price.
  4. Oct 4, 2012
    Borderlands 2 brings you back to Pandora for another wild goose chase with some brand new vault hunters. However this time the focus is on something much more important than the vault. After Roland, Lillith, Mordecai and Brick awakened the destroyer eridium has been spewing out of the ground faster then grass, it has also shown the whereabouts of another vault. After Hyperion had a close eye on the operations going down with Atlas, the Crimson Lance and the original Vault hunters they decide to move in and go on the hunt for the vault lead by the tyrannous Handsome Jack. Invited by Jack the new vault hunters (Axton, Maya, Salvador and Zero) you soon realise you are being led into a trap and escape into the plains of Pandora on a epic 50+ hour adventure to stop Jack opening the vault and allow Pandora to be at peace for longer than five minutes.
    Lots of old characters return as well as many new faces, a loot chest full of side quests and an epic storyline full of unexpected twists, turns and heart wrenching moments.
    Borderlands 2 is a must buy for fans of the series and as good a place as any to pick up the game and start if you haven't played the first. A real GOTY contender
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popular with the CO-OP experience, its better than ever! Handsome Jack the villian has to be the best vilian in a game by far, I mean I hate him, love him, think hes' halerouand so on. The only con to Borderlands 2 is how it kept freezing a lot and glitchs I had with it, but you guys might not be having the trouble. Borderlands is an a game you should buy nw as so as you read this review. Borderlands 2 9.2/10 Collapse
  6. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  7. Oct 28, 2012
    This game is waaaay better then the first borderlands, its funner, smother and looks **** awesome this is easily one of my newest Favorite games of all time, defiantly worth buying
  8. Sep 18, 2012
    Brilliant!Far superior in every way than its predecessor,though vehicles remain under utilised.The narrative is so much better this time around that I rarely felt lonesome during solo play.The writing is superb and consistently laugh out loud funny and even occasionally surprisingly touching.Whilst the games major claim to fame is the millions(sorry,Bazillions) of guns,once again 99% are useless,which is unfortunately expected and necessary in this type of looter,so I can't complain there.It also makes that one great weapon find so so excellent...The four(soon to be five) classes with their various skins and Abilities are great,though ZerO and Axton are much better for solo play,but that could well be because of my particular playstyle.Nevertheless,especially since its it been a quiet year for decent games,this is a must have title. Expand
  9. DME
    May 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plain FUN. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and care into the making of the game.

(Disclaimer: I have never played the original Borderlands, so I can't compare the two games. Also, keep in mind, everybody will have a different experience depending on who they play with. Online play with randoms seems disastrous and solo play feels lonely and limited. I played through the game in offline splitscreen mode with a buddy. We only played with each other and neither of us ever played without the other. I do believe this was the best way to experience the game.)
  10. Aug 18, 2013
    I was skeptical at first,but when I got into it i was so Astonished.This game is one of the best Comic type games,i love the 4 Co play that's a rare feature in split screen not many games do that they require connection or going on line well i don't do that,i'm more of a single player.This is a good game to [buy]
  11. Dec 1, 2012
    Excellent game. Once again, we get the silly humor and funny characters that we all enjoy. The weapons are given extra types of stats to help build up the variety. The graphics and animations were given some nice improvements. The multiplayer is fun as hell. However, there are still some negatives. The performance was pretty bad for me, and I have a very high-end PC, but I was able to fix this by making a quick config file edit. There's also a lot of parts in the game where enemies are painfully spammed and you end up just mindlessly tossing grenades and spraying bullets until you have a chance of survival. Sometimes the enemy spawns get so repetitive that you might just dash back and forth to objectives without fighting because of the boredom of trying to kill every enemy around you. Otherwise, the game is something worthy enough where almost all types of gamers should play it without delay. Expand
  12. May 22, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a huge success. I didn't play the first one but heard and saw enough of the second one for me to be interested. I have to say, I thought it was a great game. Of course no game is perfect and it has its blemishes, like this game. But overall you play a incredibly well produced balanced game with a huge amount of depth.
  13. Apr 30, 2013
    I liked the first game, liked the art design, the humor and gun playing. this game improved from the first one, especially the story-line, which was a joke in the first game. it is also much fun to play co-op with a friend online. however, i just cannot put as much time as i did in the first game, too repetitive overall.
  14. Sep 18, 2012
    MUCH better than Borderlands 1 (which is a great game)... I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but I can tell you the game runs smooth with great graphics, great gameplay, and really good voice acting.
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  16. Jun 28, 2013
    Boring shooter, the only difference from this and an FPS is this map is way bigger and more repetitive. I played this with a friend and it was hard to get through it because it was so boring. The weapons are in no way "cool" or entertaining. The story is the enemies are absurd and the bosses are even more so. You could defiantly skip out on this one
  17. Sep 18, 2012
    Not many games learn from their mistakes, this one does, and does an excellent job at it, an improvement in almost every way, definitely worth getting if you didn't like the first one, and an even better choice if you liked the first one!
  18. Sep 21, 2012
    Improves on the first game in almost every way imaginable. Borderlands 2 is winner and starts off the fall season of triple A titles. Unless you're going through a very excessive playthrough it's near impossible to run out of things to do. Side missions continually pop up and are always a joy to run through, earning you more guns, supplies, and various loot. The games all about the loot, no two items are ever the same thanks to a new randomly generating loot and gun system, and the variety in weapons is at the top of the mountain; no other game comes near it. It's graphically appealing and prettier this time around. Environments are much more luscious and varied than it's predecessor. My only complaints are that the story is often predictable yet very enjoyable, and some missions get tedious as there's much backtracking to be done. Overall though Borderlands 2 is a must own for any gamer, it has the best of everything, great RPG elements, it's a solid FPS, and the game is hysterical. Expand
  19. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a step up from the original in every way, but there are technical issues and annoyances that keep it from becoming what it should be. The graphics this time around while similar in style, things are spiced up from the original by showcasing more variety in the environment and scope. The story this time around from the original's bare bones plot becomes one of the most hilarious and interesting ones this year thanks to solid writing an a witty villain. The gameplay is kept from the original but with improvements that make it better. However, the biggest annoyance is the framerate and the fact everything can happen at once. You will find moments where you are being pelted by bullet while listening to a log then a story log cuts in and starts playing all while your shields start bleeping and everything drops to low frames. It can be truly messy and annoying but that does not stop this game from being one of the best I've played in 2012. Expand
  20. May 27, 2013
    This is a super fun and funny game to play by yourself or especially with your friends the endless loot and humour of this game will keep you comming back for more. It plays much like the first with a few tweaks and an actual story behind the mayhem, great game!
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  22. Dec 31, 2013
    Improves in every way possible over the first, but for some reason I didn't like it as much. Maybe it just felt too familiar? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was just too much. I still enjoyed it a lot though, just not as much.

Borderlands 2 gets an 8.4/10
  23. Sep 19, 2012
    Incredible game. Everything is upgraded and smoother. My only nitpick so far is ladders, frustrating. Kudos to all involved for a great game. Keep iot up.
  24. Sep 21, 2012
    This isn't the perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have enough charm and versatility to justify the label of a "good game". However, the worrying trend of blockbuster releases receiving perfect 10/10 scores from major critics rears it's ugly head again - making it difficult to take certain review sites seriously.

That said, the game improves on it's predecessor
    in the key area of gameplay, even if it isn't as immersive as the original is in terms of character and quirkiness. The RPG elements are "OK" - it struggles to remain coherent as it deals with an absurd storyline (but then, the original wasn't exactly Dickensian in narrative either!) - but if you strip away the glitz and graphical glamour of this title, you're left with a by the books shooter at the end of the day. ITo be blunt, if you're buying this hoping to have an RPG experience, you'll end up losing interest in the lacklustre story and you'll be simply shooting whatever moves before long.

The reason this game is worth a purchase, even when taking on board the crowded market it exists in, is because the multiplayer is very good, and the humour is pretty unique in this genre - something missing since the demise of Duke Nukem as a credible franchise.
  25. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns. Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is one of the best sequels in gaming. Everything is sped up and streamlined and faster. The dialogue is wittier and more abundant. The story is the best improvement. It gives you the narrative that original failed to give. Each of the original Vault Hunters makes an appearance in a fantastic fashion. I've only done on play through with the Gunzerker so I can't speak for the other three character classes but I can say my experience with the combat was still awesome and fast paced. It's easy to get lost in the shoot and loot as well as the numerous skills options to customize you character. Overall Borderlands 2 is a highly addicting game and I highly recommend it! Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2012
    With all the improvements of the game that solved all of the issues I had with Borderlands 1, and considering that this game is not certaintly a recycled copy of the previous title unlike most other titles (*cough* MW3 *cough*), so I was initially pleased that this game was a more give than take kind of game, and It truly is: More skills are more unique to each class (and more beneficial), the badass rank pertains to EACH USER, and not each player, which is worthwhile for any class you make, as well as the challenges you get. The minimap is a lot more helpful in locating your waypoint, enemies and shops, and more rpg elements have been added to the limited RPG element of this RPS game from the previous title. This is one of the few Sequels that actually pertains to making it worthwhile in almost every aspect, almost, that is. There are some issues I have with this game, pertaining to the new graphics engine introduced in the game. While they have solved the issue with the pickup of items crowding the space on your field of view, the whole graphics engine feels quite too clumped with even more enemies, effects and objects. Although, this is a good and bad thing, and can be resolved if your eyesight can manage the over-the-top violence. But, the new menu system is an improvement from borderlands 1 especially with the split-screen play, but the gun stats will constantly get in the way of how much ammo you have, so you have to constantly screen your eyesight quickly enough to get a gist of the ammo you have. And, the ammo. Not to say this a problem, it is an improvement over how much you can get and how much is available, but I still have a problem with identfiying what ammo pack resolves to which. the ammunition in Borderlands 1 was much easier to identify, but nonetheless it isn't much of a big issue. The big new addition to borderlands is the favorites/trash option, which allows you to easily identify which guns you can use, and which guns you don't want. also, you can sell all items that you've identified as trash, which is really innovative considering the time it would take to sell each item individually. Eridium is a cool innovation, and has improved how easy it would take for you to allocate all the Ammo SDU's/Backpack SDU's, and is also important for the storyline. Borderlands 2 also takes some cues from their previous expansion packs, which also brakes away from the tedium that is Borderlands 1. Also, waypoints to locations you need to go will also show on the fast travel network, which is also a plus. Skill COMS will show additions to skills you need, rather than having to remember from scrolling between inventory and skill set in Borderlands 1. Money has been toned down to become more necessary and not as infinite as in Borderlands 1, and you pick up money and ammo automatically when dropped from creeps. You can find personal customization items for your character and your vehicles, as well as plenty of them being available at the start of the game (also, you can get a custom item from having played borderlands 1!). Most importantly, the open-world has been more opened from borderlands 1, with more vibrant, unique and dynamic landscapes with some more worthwhile bossfights and storylines, not to mention the easter eggs. This really helps, considering the side missions in borderlands 1 were like the generic cliche MMORPG-esque missions and the world was more like a snake trail with huge bulges in between. Overall, Borderlands 2 has some few issues that can be easily ignored by all the improvements and the greatly overall better effort produced by Gearbox, and I'm proud to say that this game was worth the money I got, considering I got a lot of bonus coupons off on it! Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    I have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have a four player brawl in Sanctuary would be amazing) but not enough so that it would keep me from playing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys FPS and loot-based RPGs. Expand
  29. Apr 13, 2013
    Played the first Borderlands and found it somewhat enjoyable. Playing BL2 was more of a grind towards the end. The level tree was somewhat tedious, the weapons never really kept up with the levels that you made, and the skill points were pretty much useless. Just a drone of a game, no replay value whatsoever.
  30. Oct 6, 2013
    borderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and the graphics are greatly improved over the first game to make the environments and the enemies a treat to look at. the weapons are the star of the show however and there is always a new gun to use or a new shield to equip. the loot is handled well and the game also plays brilliantly with co-op. the story is not something the game is known for but i did enjoy the narrative of the game and handsome jack was a great villain.

this game is one of the best of the generation in my opinion for a fun based co-op shooter with plenty of content, great shooting, tonnes of loot and a funny cast of characters.
  31. Dec 26, 2012

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.