Bully: Scholarship Edition Xbox 360

8.2

1. Mar 31, 2016
    I first played Bully on the Wii back in 2008 and loved every second of it; I then bought it for PC in 2014 and completed it. This is the Xbox 360 port I'll be reviewing but I will mention some points from the former consoles. I will also explain as much detail as I can based on characters, story, music and graphics.

Bully starts of with introducing Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year-old who has

Bully starts of with introducing Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year-old who has been expelled from so many schools for multiple reasons; he arrives at Bullworth Academy after his mother and step father abandon him so they could go on their honeymoon. Here we are introduced to three important characters: Dr. Crabblesnitch, Gary Smith and Pete Kowalski, I'll get to them later; Jimmy has to go through the school year and rid the Bullies within the grounds.

The school is filled with a few buildings with their own turfs for the students; the main building houses many of the lessons on two floors; two dorms for both male and females (you are not allowed in the girls dorm for obvious reasons but you can go in); a library which the Nerds own; a autoshop for the Greasers; a prep house for the Preps and the gym for the Jocks.

You can attend lessons to unlock more items and gain new abilities as well as collecting items; honesty, the lessons themselves are well developed and fun, excluding the autoshop lessons. You can interact with all of the studens as well as other NPCs throughout the game and do errands for them, I rarely ever do; missions are how you progress through the game. Many of the missions are great and fun to play but a few of them can be a bit repetitive like three missions in the third chapter; there are six chapters in total with the final chapter being a endless summer (complete any mission that you've missed out).

The story is a detailed and opens up more about Jimmy, showing us that he's not what we think he is; Gary turns out to be the backstabbing, lying type that really hates Jimmy and believes that he will take the school away from him; Pete is a weakling that many underestimate his intelligence and Crabblesnitch intends to change Jimmy but realises that he thinks of Jimmy wrong. You really have a connection to every character with how they feel and think about others around them.

The music has that 1980s vibe and it's better than most games that use dubstep and heavy metal throughout; it's a different taste and depending on what you're doing or who you're fighting... speaking of fighting, because you assume the role of a bully, you can and must fight to get through and defeat other opponents inside and outside the school as there are other locations to visit.

The graphics are alright, though the are outdated; I honestly appreciate how Rockstar focused on the game's story and characters more than the graphics unlike recent games. I give this game a 9.5 out of ten, it's a really fun and gorgeous game when you're into the story and characters; I highly recommend this game to all gamers.
  2. Sep 13, 2015
    Bully: Scholarship Edition is similar to the PS2 version, with a few tweaks here and there. Although it is nowhere near as popular as its creators other franchise, Grand Theft Auto, Bully has a more engaging storyline and characters, denser open world, interesting and varying missions and more attractive art style. However it does suffer from a lot of issues from the original. The drawBully: Scholarship Edition is similar to the PS2 version, with a few tweaks here and there. Although it is nowhere near as popular as its creators other franchise, Grand Theft Auto, Bully has a more engaging storyline and characters, denser open world, interesting and varying missions and more attractive art style. However it does suffer from a lot of issues from the original. The draw distance is appalling, the graphics are nothing short of ugly, and the frame rate dips below 20 every so often. Although if you can look past these common problems you will find 50 hours of pure fun and enjoyment. Expand
  3. Dec 15, 2014
    Being a fan of the PS2 (EU) version of Canis Canem Edit, and having 100% completed it, i thought i would dive back into the world of Bullworth Academy and see what the scholarship edition has to offer.
    The first thing i noticed were the graphics, they have been improved since the previeous gen version and look more colorful and vibrant. textures are alot better and overall characters, and enviroments look more detailed and presentable. Gameplay is pretty much the same, with 4 added classes to unlock extra clothing content, these include, Maths, Geography, Biology and Music.
    There are also 8 new missions which act as more of a filler rather than an extension of the story.
    This is an excellent game, i just wish they included a few extra weapons and vehicles.
    Overall you are getting a great game with updated graphics, a few new missions, classes and an improved cast of the most bizzare characters you will ever see in gaming.
    The original deserves a 10/10 and also this, but because there are still littles things they could have done to improve it further i will settle for an 9/10.
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    Both the Wii and Xbox 360 versions retain the wit and deep gameplay of the previously released PS2 title "Bully" and boasts additional new content. Bully: Scholarship Edition takes place in the fictional New England boarding school of Bullworth Academy and tells the story of 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he experiences the highs and lows of adjusting to a new school. Capturing the hilarityBoth the Wii and Xbox 360 versions retain the wit and deep gameplay of the previously released PS2 title "Bully" and boasts additional new content. Bully: Scholarship Edition takes place in the fictional New England boarding school of Bullworth Academy and tells the story of 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he experiences the highs and lows of adjusting to a new school. Capturing the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence perfectly, Bully: Scholarship Edition pulls the player into its cinematic and engrossing world. Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2014
    This is one of the best games ever made.Its full of secrets and unlocks but I love it because of this mo-ped that u can get,I called mine Sasha! And of course the game plays fun and fluid,but mostly the mo-ped thing.If you haven't already played this game then go and pick it up right now!its an absolute 10 out of 10!
  6. Feb 9, 2014
    If you ignore the somewhat outdated graphics and long load times, it is an amazing game. The whole idea of Grand Theft Auto in a school setting sounded like a bad idea, but when I played it I was very impressed. The combat system doesn't get that repetitive in my opinion, and all the different weapons can be useful in different situations. You are on edge whenever a prefect or policeIf you ignore the somewhat outdated graphics and long load times, it is an amazing game. The whole idea of Grand Theft Auto in a school setting sounded like a bad idea, but when I played it I was very impressed. The combat system doesn't get that repetitive in my opinion, and all the different weapons can be useful in different situations. You are on edge whenever a prefect or police officer chases after you, and- It's just so big! I highly suggest anybody who is a fan of the GTA series to at least give this game a try. Expand
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    For a very long period of time, this was the only game (aside from Twilight Princess) that I had. I played this game extensively and loved every minute of it. The story is original and well written, it has some of the most memorable characters in any game I've ever played, and brought a very new concept to the well-known GTA style of games.

As far as story goes, this game gets a perfect

As far as story goes, this game gets a perfect 10 from me; I can still name almost every supporting character even though I haven't played the game in about a year. However, the gameplay itself falls a bit short on this one. In the Wii port of the game (which I would recommend above the others), you get to use the motion controls to throw punches which provided a sense of immersion that isn't present in the more "traditionally" controlled versions. Mashing controller buttons gets dull VERY quickly in the the ps2 and 360 versions of the game. If you can, get the Wii version and experience the great little world of Bullworth.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    For a game with a brillant story, awesome characters, and cohesive gameplay can be push under the rug by grand theft auto. It deserves way more attention that it deserves.
  9. Jul 7, 2013
    One of the best games on the Xbox 360. Great music, nice storyline, humor isn't too over-the-top. You really get involved in the game world. The art direction is amazing, and the atmosphere makes you feel like a kid again. Its also a decently lengthy game.

The gameplay is fun, though a bit wonky at times. But, hey, who's made an enjoyable game about being a school kid before? Considering the uncommon medium, Bully does a fantastic job. Can't wait for the sequel.
  10. Jun 27, 2013
    I had bully on ps2 and LOVED it! So when I heard it was coming into 360 I was so pumped. And they did not disappoint at all! The graphics are better believe it or not. They seem much better than the ps2, but that's only because 360 has the power to do that. The gameplay is better, although on few occasions I find I freeze sometimes and it's a b*tch. But, don't let that stop you fromI had bully on ps2 and LOVED it! So when I heard it was coming into 360 I was so pumped. And they did not disappoint at all! The graphics are better believe it or not. They seem much better than the ps2, but that's only because 360 has the power to do that. The gameplay is better, although on few occasions I find I freeze sometimes and it's a b*tch. But, don't let that stop you from getting it. The story is fantastic, I like the characters a lot in this game, and it has easy and hard missions. The perfect mixture for an average gamer. Expand
  11. May 12, 2013
    Bully is a super addicting game with it's quests and the characters are crack up it's like GTA IV but for kids can't have M games so yeah i do not no what it's better on PC,Xbox 360 or ps3 but I'm sure on any of them its a great game waaaaaaaait i forget to add about the mini games they are okay fun but a bit hard for someone whos not a smart ass like me
  12. Jan 30, 2013
    I originally played the PS2 release but I felt it was only fair to review this version as it is the complete edition. As a PS2 port with a few extra bits tagged on it holds up pretty nicely on the next gen. Bully is what I will always regard as the GTA of the schoolyard. Voice acting is decent though it is a bit hard to tell how good they really are as all the characters are intentionallyI originally played the PS2 release but I felt it was only fair to review this version as it is the complete edition. As a PS2 port with a few extra bits tagged on it holds up pretty nicely on the next gen. Bully is what I will always regard as the GTA of the schoolyard. Voice acting is decent though it is a bit hard to tell how good they really are as all the characters are intentionally over the top. Like before, graphics are a little dated but for a port pretty good. Story is pretty much what you expect it to be, almost Disney in its execution. Overall: I just love this game. It isn't as serious or hardcore as many other sandbox games, but I kind of liked the light hearted approach. Bully is still my favorite game from Rockstar. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    As someone who has played and beaten every console version of this game from PS2 to Wii, this one only holds the middle ground due to the content added in Scholarship. Not only do I think the Wii release looks prettier, but it also has the advantage of unique and fun controls.

Outside the new content and achievements there isn't much this has over the PS2 then being in HD. That being

That being said the game is still fantastic. The characters are memorable like any Rockstar game, and while the title probably kept kids from getting the title, this is a kid's GTA that has actually consequences for misbehavior. Constantly getting detention will result in more an more tedious punishment.
  14. Nov 6, 2012
    A game that maintains the same Rockstar feel we have in the Grand Theft Auto franchise and transplants it into the schoolyard setting of Bullworth Academy. Bully is has a rather mundane storyline, but decent visuals and exceptionally fun gameplay. Definitely worth a buy if you're not one of the people that are convinced the game "encourages" bullying.
  15. Aug 29, 2012
    The perfect HD upgrade to the perfect Rockstar game. You play as Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year old delinquent sent to Bullworth Academy in glorious New England. As the new kid you must earn respect, make friends and decide which ones to keep, experience love and betrayal and cause havoc to bring Bullworth to its knees. A must play for any open-world action game fan.
  16. May 9, 2012
    Overall this is an amazing game that puts it's GTA brethren to absolute shame. It has one of the most humerous and content filled campaigns ive played and all of it's mechanics work to perfection. Graphically it's obviously dated and it's fairly short. However i'd certainly recommend this as a must-have for 360 owners that didin't experience the original xbox version.
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

One of the BEST games ever.. Simply AMAZING! The story is really, the characters are really likeable, and the game is FUN,, i recommend this game to EVERYONE!
  18. Feb 12, 2012
    Bully:scholar shio edition is by FAR.. The BEST game on xbox 360, its by far the most underrated game ever... The story is AMAZING!!! Ø
  19. Feb 12, 2012
    Bully is by FAR.. The BEST game on xbox 360, its sooooooooooooo underrated... The story is AMAZING!!! Ø
  20. May 2, 2011
    This was one of my most favorite games when i used to play PS2 and i got the new adittion of it and it added to what already was a great game. GREAT story and missions. You can easily fall in love with characters and their personality's, but i feel like the combat system is sloppy but thats how it is for ever rockstar made game but this was still a great game to have.
  21. Apr 24, 2011
    An awesome game for everyone. Adults can relive their childhood days by being back in school and giving the fat guy a wedgy. The younger people can have fun beating up the 'nerds'. The sheer rush of skipping classes to skateboard through the corridors and push the prefects into bins is what makes this game great. It has sloppy controls and slightly bad graphics but who cares when yourAn awesome game for everyone. Adults can relive their childhood days by being back in school and giving the fat guy a wedgy. The younger people can have fun beating up the 'nerds'. The sheer rush of skipping classes to skateboard through the corridors and push the prefects into bins is what makes this game great. It has sloppy controls and slightly bad graphics but who cares when your having this much fun. Expand
  22. Emmoo
    Dec 27, 2009
    this game is awesome sometimes you need a break from shooting people with brains all over the floor
  23. ShauneD
    Jul 22, 2009
    It may be a port of a PS2 game, their are 8 new missions and new classes adding fun to people who have played the PS2 version. For people who havent played the old version it is still the funny open world game as last time and very enjoyable. The gameplay is top notch and offers lots to do to get the 100 percent complete rating. The graphics have been improved in the backgrounds but the It may be a port of a PS2 game, their are 8 new missions and new classes adding fun to people who have played the PS2 version. For people who havent played the old version it is still the funny open world game as last time and very enjoyable. The gameplay is top notch and offers lots to do to get the 100 percent complete rating. The graphics have been improved in the backgrounds but the character models are very last gen. The graphics are the only downside to this game as their is some pop up as well as some glitches. However if you can see past the graphics Bully is a fantastic game Expand
  24. PJK
    Jul 2, 2008
    The game has some serious flaws on the Xbox 360 compared to the PS2 version that I played. Like the frame rate drops so low every couple of seconds and makes it feel terribly unplayable and they should've added an autosave feature. Other than that, it's pretty fun. Shame they couldn't shape it up for the 360.
  25. samw
    Jun 12, 2008
    This game is brilliant!! Personally i don't like the single player but when playing multiplayer with mates it is possibly the best game i have ever played. The take cover option means that you have to practise a lot. When you play it for the first time you get hammered, but when you get better and go to a better rank (i am captain At the minute,) you will think it is amazing!!
  26. Ken
    Apr 20, 2008
    If you take the violence out of grand theft auto and add a more coherent story and gameworld, you get Bully. Its not perfect: the graphics are well behind the curve and the missions are more structured so you cannot simply run around and do what you want as with Grand Theft Auto. I appreciated the excellent art design, story-telling, and sly humor. If you want a violent game this game If you take the violence out of grand theft auto and add a more coherent story and gameworld, you get Bully. Its not perfect: the graphics are well behind the curve and the missions are more structured so you cannot simply run around and do what you want as with Grand Theft Auto. I appreciated the excellent art design, story-telling, and sly humor. If you want a violent game this game isnt for you. Expand
  27. Brian
    Apr 12, 2008
    First time I've played this, and I have to say it is a fantastic and fun adventure. Although it has some technical faults, none have gotten in the way of it being an incredibly enjoyable experience.
  28. NateP
    Mar 31, 2008
    Fun game. The patch that was released fixed the random freezing and other issues some people had with the game. After installing the patch, I've played for hours on end without freezing. The graphics aren't spectacular, however Rockstar games never have amazing graphics. The game is fun and definitely worth picking up if you haven't played it before.
  29. JohnM.
    Mar 26, 2008
    While more could have been done to improve the graphics, (they really should have just ported it to the RAGE engine) its a very long and engrossing plot with a multitude of missions that are usually fresh and changing, I get the feeling the mini games would be more fun wii i think the only thing that bugs me about it is....no downloadable content, games like this NEED dlc nowwa days! but While more could have been done to improve the graphics, (they really should have just ported it to the RAGE engine) its a very long and engrossing plot with a multitude of missions that are usually fresh and changing, I get the feeling the mini games would be more fun wii i think the only thing that bugs me about it is....no downloadable content, games like this NEED dlc nowwa days! but still, definitely worth buying, just probably not if you've already beaten the ps2 version. Expand
  30. JReb
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game is lovely as hell and its ACTUALLY funny. Get this as a warm up for GTAIV if you haven't already played it on PS2.
  31. KevinR.
    Mar 6, 2008
    A re-issue of one of the best games on the PS2, Bully: Scholarship Edition comes off as one of the most impressive offerings on the 360 to date. A great story, interesting, relatable characters, and an open, yet not completely free world with plenty to do all make for a great experience. And while the graphics are somewhat hampered, they are definitely among the middle of the pack on the A re-issue of one of the best games on the PS2, Bully: Scholarship Edition comes off as one of the most impressive offerings on the 360 to date. A great story, interesting, relatable characters, and an open, yet not completely free world with plenty to do all make for a great experience. And while the graphics are somewhat hampered, they are definitely among the middle of the pack on the 360, and dwarf the graphics on both the PS2 and the Wii. Expand
  32. RonenR.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Completely and utterly excellent!
  33. BillE.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Hilarious game! There are some bugs and glitches, but the entertainment it provides is enough to overshadow the faults. Hopefully there will be a sequel that will be rated "M" instead of teenie weenie.

Though it has some limitations, particularly in the lack of depth of the social structure, there are many other great aspects to enjoy. And really, there is no other game like Bully on 360. If you haven't figured it out yet, Bully is a great game.
    It's disappointing really because Bully offers incredibly entertaining gameplay that's worthwhile, but the improvements that should have come with the jump to the more powerful Xbox 360 hardware just don't pan out.
  3. Bully was a fantastic release late in the life of the PS2, and I’m pumped that the folks I know who’ve become gamers this generation now have a chance to experience it for themselves. For those of us who’ve already had our fun the first time, I’m not sure a second run at high school is really in order.