4.8

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Easily the worst DLC offering from Call of Duty: Black Ops. None of the multi-player maps are enjoyable at all. Hangar 18 is frustrating and is just centered around the Hangar, which makes the outer area's scarce. Silo is alright, but not a map that I will play over and over again. Drive-in was hyped up in the trailer to be the new Nuketown and just plain and simply wasn't. Hazard isEasily the worst DLC offering from Call of Duty: Black Ops. None of the multi-player maps are enjoyable at all. Hangar 18 is frustrating and is just centered around the Hangar, which makes the outer area's scarce. Silo is alright, but not a map that I will play over and over again. Drive-in was hyped up in the trailer to be the new Nuketown and just plain and simply wasn't. Hazard is extremely frustrating and wherever you go you will be sniped for sure. The zombies map Shangri-la is one of the worst zombie maps ever made. It is impossible to get to high rounds, and it doesn't use the jungle setting to its advantage. Annihilation is a map pack that you should skip for sure. Expand
  2. May 11, 2012
    This was a pretty solid map pack. The zombie map wasn't that great but it was a big and the achievements for it were enjoyable. Also, all of the multiplayer maps were solid as well, but none of them were amazing.
  3. Sep 5, 2011
    Admittely they have tried to patch this rotten apple with a decent map pack, but they can't polish a turd no matter how hard they try.... COD as a series is officially dead since Waorld at war thanks to console limitations being imposed on PC owners.
  4. Aug 23, 2011
    To tell you the truth, I love all the map packs except any Zombie packs. I thought it was a waist of time trying to play something that I could never beat.

At least with the regular map packs, the game would have an actual ending that rewards you.

Overall, I give this game a 8 out of 10.
  5. Aug 21, 2011
    unless you play black ops consistently, then theres little to no point in purchasing this map pack, thats a mantra alot of gamers say when considering whether or not it is actually worth shelling out the extravagantly priced map packs that activision insists on churning out, and its true. If you arent a frequent player of activisions block buster franchise then you are better off spendingunless you play black ops consistently, then theres little to no point in purchasing this map pack, thats a mantra alot of gamers say when considering whether or not it is actually worth shelling out the extravagantly priced map packs that activision insists on churning out, and its true. If you arent a frequent player of activisions block buster franchise then you are better off spending your money selsewhere. The maps themselves are your typical treyarchh fare, although they have listened to fans criticisms when it comes to certain issues that have plagued the title, they added a reskinned version of cliffeside from world at war, the long sight lines really adhere well to the amateur armchair snipers out there, and there is a nice little easter egg in the map hanger 18 with a nod towards a certain apple related glitch that i personaly really enjoyed, but aside from that the multiplayer maps are average at best and add little to the core multiplayer black ops experiance. As a massive fan of treyarchs zombies mode i was quite pleased with the offering of zombie imbued carnage that treyarch had so graciously layed out for me to feast upon, shan-gri-la is a fast paced, tight, tense run and gun affair with plenty of secrets for players to discover, not to mention some awsome new enemy types to mash up with your ray gun. So to summerise, if your a massive fan of black ops zombies or competitive multiplayer modes, thi is worth the purchase, if however you only dabble in black ops' multiplayer modes i would encourage you to resist the urge to buy this one. Expand
  6. Jul 31, 2011
    Another Call of Duty game, another boring map pack. Black ops is old news now, and crappy maps won't help save this worn out title. I'm so tired of hearing all the kids in my neighborhood "Did you get the new Black Ops map pack? It is so KEWL!!!!!" With MW3 coming out in November, I don't see why people are wasting thier money on stupid map packs for a boring game when they could be savingAnother Call of Duty game, another boring map pack. Black ops is old news now, and crappy maps won't help save this worn out title. I'm so tired of hearing all the kids in my neighborhood "Did you get the new Black Ops map pack? It is so KEWL!!!!!" With MW3 coming out in November, I don't see why people are wasting thier money on stupid map packs for a boring game when they could be saving up for the new game. Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2011
    Jeez... they aren't even trying more, are they? First Strike brought us a variety of new features. Escalation brought us some well-made (for once) multiplayer maps. Annihilation brings us... bigger maps. Even the Zombies map is lame. Like, lamer than Five. Treyarch, stop trying to rip people off and brings us quality maps. Like MW2 did...
  8. Jul 27, 2011
    In my opinion, a map pack of this quality is worth every cent. Whilst I have been a big fan of most Call of Duties, to me Black Ops has been by far my favourite outing. All DLC's have been enjoyable, and this third map pack is definitely the pick of the bunch.

There are 2 mid size maps- Drive-In and Hangar 18. Both are quite interesting maps, with some great sight lines for all types of combat weapons. I have had success on both of these maps with assault rifles, lmg's, smg's and shotguns! On top of this there are also 2 larger size maps, with Silo and Hazard- both maps which I have enjoyed thoroughly. The sight lines in these maps are great for long range engagements (great for a true sniper), yet there is enough complexity in the layout to move strategically around the maps and have success with closer range engagements using smg's and shotguns.

Good job Treyarch! My final recommendation is a 10/10, and this map is a must have for diehard fans as well as any fans who have enjoyed the game but need some different maps after all this time. I hear people call the developers greedy, but DLC like this give us all a chance to extend a game's lifecycle and keep it fresh- jump on in!

Here's to hoping for a map pack 4?
  9. Jul 20, 2011
    It feels Like they got a digital blender and through everything black ops into it and gave the piece of crap a name. I find it ridiculous that I must say something like that but when you get so lazy that someone would say that but it is my responsibility to tell everyone this and save them from spending 15$ for crap (Nothing on the Marketplace/Network should cost that much unless it's a game.)
  10. Jul 9, 2011
    The new multiplayer maps are all pretty solid with Hazard being my least favorite, not that it is without merit but I keep finding myself comparing it to the original from WaW ( a game that I favor considerably more).

New zombies map is a fresh approach however I feel it to be lacking in areas, such as the absence of purchasable traps and the level hazards become a nuisance if anything. All in all pretty good
  11. DME
    Jul 8, 2011
    Drive-In is fun in private matches but not as much online. Hangar 18 does well all-around and sems to remain awesome through every time of game mode (haven't tried CTF, though). Silo is my favorite. It's very large and there are a ton of places to explore. It delivers great games of TDM and S&D. The last map, Hazard, is awful. Sorry Treyarch, but i hate Hazard so much. It is myDrive-In is fun in private matches but not as much online. Hangar 18 does well all-around and sems to remain awesome through every time of game mode (haven't tried CTF, though). Silo is my favorite. It's very large and there are a ton of places to explore. It delivers great games of TDM and S&D. The last map, Hazard, is awful. Sorry Treyarch, but i hate Hazard so much. It is my least favorite map in the entire Black Ops game. It's too open and it seems that there is a lot of spawn-killing (obviously from distances). And it doesn't work well for snipers because there is no where to hide. I can see people liking this map, but I personally don't. As for Shangri-La, this is my favorite zombies map of the three DLC. I love the scenery and overall design. And the Time Travel Will Tell achievement actually gives you a worth-while reward for playing through. The Napalm Zombie is awesome because you can either fall to its might, or use him as an advantage. The Shrieker managed to be different without being boss-like. The only problem I have is this map isn't as big as the others. Overall, it's a pretty good map pack. However, I'm not so sure if it's better than First Strike. But it is better than Escalation. Expand
  12. Jul 7, 2011
    Its the third map pack for black ops, with 4 new maps and a new zombie map. I putted 4 hours into this dlc and it was rubbish. The maps are all but decent but it just doesn't really give anything 'new' to the whole experience and lets be true here. Black ops is 'boring', and 'boring' is black ops big problem. Some of the maps are fun but after a few goes on it, I just wanted to playIts the third map pack for black ops, with 4 new maps and a new zombie map. I putted 4 hours into this dlc and it was rubbish. The maps are all but decent but it just doesn't really give anything 'new' to the whole experience and lets be true here. Black ops is 'boring', and 'boring' is black ops big problem. Some of the maps are fun but after a few goes on it, I just wanted to play something else. The zombie map which I thought was going to be awesome turned out WTF? I tried to play by myself to get a feel for it, but I died quickly on round 3, this map WASN'T made for one, two or even three people, it was made for four! Yes, all the zombie maps are made for four but at least in the others I could get to round 10 on my own.
    So wrapping it all together. The new map pack is bad because the maps just doesn't give me anything special or new, it feels plain and old. The zombie map needs four people and good teamwork to even get to round 10 (good luck though). I don't recommend this for fans or newcomers, your no getting anything, fresh, but if your a big fan, buy it. A bad DLC.
  13. Jul 6, 2011
    Annihilation is a great map pack for dedicated Black Ops players. If you are just a casual player, you probably do not need it. If you were getting burned out on COD it brings new life to the game. If you are a Zombies fan, it is a must purchase. I think the maps are excellent and have great sniping spots, Hazard being my favorite. Treyarch did a fantastic job of giving us a greatAnnihilation is a great map pack for dedicated Black Ops players. If you are just a casual player, you probably do not need it. If you were getting burned out on COD it brings new life to the game. If you are a Zombies fan, it is a must purchase. I think the maps are excellent and have great sniping spots, Hazard being my favorite. Treyarch did a fantastic job of giving us a great group of maps, Annihilation contains a few of the best yet. Collapse
  14. Jul 2, 2011
    In my opinion, if you're not a die hard call of duty fan don't get this map pack. It seems to me like ever since modern warfare 2 came out, the guys who make call of duty have become money greedy bastards. The zombie map is good, but the multiplayer maps are boring. Skip this map pack.
  15. Jul 2, 2011
    Personally torn with this DLC. Lets start with the pros.
    Drive-In: I personally like this map, I've played it on TDM, Dom, and Demo and enjoyed all the experiences, the game flowed well and had plenty of spots for long range and up close combat.
    Personally torn with this DLC. Lets start with the pros.
    Hangar 18: I enjoyed this map for the same reason. Have only played this on TDM and Dom but it gave a nice feel for both. This map reminds me of a larger summit. Has the bit arena area in the middle where the SR-71 is but has little paths around the center that leads to close combat skirmishes.

Now for the cons:
    Silo: This map is HUGE. The snipe spots are pretty mediocre that I have found and the map is filled with junk that makes medium range fights very limited. You will spend most of the round running around looking for people to kill.
    Hazard: I HATE this map. The spawn points are opposite of each other with only a small cliff blocking sight of the enemy. The start of the round feels like a old school showdown, first to pull the trigger gets first blood. The middle of the map is COMPLETELY open, you can literally see from on edge the other. There are two paths on the side. The flow is as follows : Team A go counter clockwise, B goes clockwise, the team using FAMAS win and you start over. You even step foot in the middle and the snipers will peg you. The flow is just broken and dumb.

As for the zombies map I've not played it, not a huge zombie person as for the MP maps I've played them all and there is limited success with it but not really sure its worth the $15 it costs.
  16. Jul 1, 2011
  17. Jun 30, 2011
    In my opinion the best DLC so far. Looks like Treyarch finally realized presenting buyers with trailer size maps is not a good idea.There are two mid-size maps (Drive-In and Hangar 18) and two big ones ( Silo and Hazard - which is a remake of popular map from World at War called Cliffside) all that plus new jungle oriented zombies level.Solid 8 from me because I'm still not used toIn my opinion the best DLC so far. Looks like Treyarch finally realized presenting buyers with trailer size maps is not a good idea.There are two mid-size maps (Drive-In and Hangar 18) and two big ones ( Silo and Hazard - which is a remake of popular map from World at War called Cliffside) all that plus new jungle oriented zombies level.Solid 8 from me because I'm still not used to Activisions greediness and their high price mark for dlc threats. Expand
  18. Jun 28, 2011
    I absolutely love almost all of the map pack. First, the zombies map, Shangri-La. Shangri-La is an interesting, innovative, challenging, and fun zombies map. It offers an entirely new feel to zombies. This map features tons of traps that have to be used to succeed. The map definitely gets frustrating sometimes, especially with the punji spikes and the maze. It is difficult to find your wayI absolutely love almost all of the map pack. First, the zombies map, Shangri-La. Shangri-La is an interesting, innovative, challenging, and fun zombies map. It offers an entirely new feel to zombies. This map features tons of traps that have to be used to succeed. The map definitely gets frustrating sometimes, especially with the punji spikes and the maze. It is difficult to find your way around the map, and is easy to get trapped. In order to do well, you have to perfectly know the entire map, and the aspect of it, and correctly use them. It is definitely the most challenging of all of the zombies maps. It might seem at first that it will be a light map, but once you start playing, you realize that it is a quick-paced game that keeps you scared of what will be around the upcoming corner. Second, the MP maps. I think the MP maps are great. Silo is a large map with tons of hiding and sniping spots. It is probably the best map to get killstreaks on. However, it is my least favorite because it feels too different from the types of maps you want in COD. It is too big and takes too long to find enemies. Hangar-18 is an overall great map. There are great sniping spots on the sides, that look upon the SR-71. There is also great close range action at and on the SR-71. The snipers battle to take out the close-range fighters and other snipers, while the close-range combatants fight to take over the SR-71. The building connecting to the plane provides great protection of allies on the plane. Overall, it is a great map that provides fun combat for snipers, long range shooters, and close range shooters. Drive-in is a good map that provides great close quarters combat. However, it is not as great as the famous Nuketown. Their is too much room and sniping spots that limits the close-quarters combat, and it is definitely larger. It disappointed me a little in that I felt it could have been just like Nuketown if they left out some of the camping spots. Hazard is my favorite map, and the most fun. It is modeled just like Cliffside, but is even better because of the fun feeling of being on a golf course. It is always a fun battle, that is medium-paced, and a great map for snipers and medium range shooters. This is not a close-quarters combat map, and actually is perfect in keeping it long range. It is not only my favorite map in this map pack, but my favorite map in Black Ops. I highly recommend this map pack. Treyarch has finally perfected a map pack. In escalation, the MP maps were the only thing that was great, and in first strike, the zombies map was the only thing good, but finally, they have made a great map pack that has a great zombies map and great MP maps. I highly recommend this map pack, although don't get to excited for the zombies map if your only goal is to get far in zombies, because it is difficult and you won't live that long, and also, don't get it if you aren't a true pro at zombies. But by all means, buy this, and play over and over again. Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2011

1. Sep 8, 2011
    Four quality new multiplayer maps and one for the zombies. [Oct 2011, p.85]
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    The Annihilation map pack for Black Ops has some enjoyable maps, like "Hazard", "Hangar 18" and the new zombie map "Shangri-La", but overall itʼs just another overpriced DLC.
  3. Jul 16, 2011
    Annihilation offers exactly the same as the last two map packs: great maps, but little innovation. Those who are just looking for some new terrain, will be pleased though. Those who look for a new experience, won't.