5.1

1. May 12, 2011
    F*ck corporation greed! i dont give a flying.. how great the maps are (they are generic cod stuff) The zombie map should be sold for 3,9e alone and the maps for 4,9e or as a bundle 8e or something. CoD keeps its place as the platform where you can charge players quad the amount of contents worth and get away with it. Some corporations *cough* valve *cough* for example have given dozens of FREE maps for TF2, left 4 dead 2 has already gotten 3 free new maps and is waiting for the port of all the rest campaign maps from the first game. Whoa you can do that, give players something for free? Nah treyarch and infinity ward are all about the maximum profit. Wont support their greed by buying any of their add on **** nor wont be buying their newest instalment to the saga of "give us all your money". But hey if you are high on money you can buy this generic map pack with little to nothing new (zombie map is cool) or i think the publishers would also accept (soon they will most likely enforce it, like say pay 2 play) direct money donations to their bank accounts. Expand
  2. May 5, 2011
    Not worth the money at all. You would think a game with so much money would actually give what the community wants. I am happily going to say that I will never be buying another CoD product again.
  3. May 8, 2011
    Anyone who pays a quarter of the game's price for some silly maps should be shot on sight. And if youre one of those people reading this review, youre giving in to what is simply corporate greed and nothing more. You are a sheep, nothing more. Although I am surprised by the title "Escalation"- I was expecting a metaphor for a $20 map pack.
  4. Jun 11, 2011
    What a waste of money. Not only this map pack but black ops itself. I definitely will never be preordering or getting any more COD games without some significant metacritic feedback from now on.
  5. May 8, 2011
    Yea, I regret paying $15 for this, way too much for a map pack anyways. The last map pack was pretty good but I can't say the same for this. Maybe it will take some time to get use to them but at this point I do not like any of them at all. I really can't tell you why I don't like them, they just don't feel right.
  6. May 10, 2011
    I have no problem with the cost, £10 for 4 extra maps is actually good value I feel. Not for these maps though, damn they are soo so bad. Unless you are a camper/sniper...yawn....then stay away from the maps. I downloaded these on release day, the day after I deleted them from my hard drive so I didnt have to put up with the rubbish maps no more. Its not that Iam unsuccessful on the maps, there just not enjoyable. Anyone that snipes I just do not understand why you play, when black ops was released it was praised for getting rid of quick scoping and having no nasty sniper friendly maps. Then they just release a whole bunch of them as an add on, backwards step for me, what a shame. Expand
  7. May 10, 2011
    It was quite disappointing, not worth the money at all. The maps are too rigid, the game play is extremely unintuitive and the overall feel of the game is accumulated and something we have seen over and over again.
  8. May 28, 2011
    What is a game? I believe it is an adventure into a storyline. So naturally, I cannot understand how anyone could even begin to play a game so devoid of character, plot, and gameplay. Call of Duty is the embodiment of all things wrong and evil with the video game manufacturers. I will not be one of the people who simply express their disgust for the game. I will take you through the faults step by step.
    1. No plot whatsoever.
    is there a campaign...yes. does it suck....yes. is that why people play it.....No
    2. No point whatsoever
    most people play the game for its online multiplayer. What do you get for your time....NOTHING
    3. No skill whatsoever
    the game is set up so that no matter how skilled you become at the game, you still will die. Anyone who likes this game only plays it for the online multiplayer. Read the reviews. almost all good scores are raving about multiplayer map packs.

Is this a game worth your time....You tell me

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Compared to some of the other DLC's for the Call of Duty series, I think Call of the Dead is far my favourite because of the intricacies of the map that pay homage to all things Romero. With new weapons, enemies and some great team action to be found, Call of the dead is a must have download from XBox Live and really goes above and beyond the current DLC maps.
    Escalation is a good additional content and is not exactly cheap, 1200 AM (15 €), but it has its quality.
  3. May 25, 2011
    Everyone that is still playing Black Ops should consider buying this new map pack. The four new multiplayer maps are a lot of fun and the new zombie map is a refreshing bonus.