5.8

1. Aug 29, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II's Apocalypse aims to bring the end of the Black Ops II DLC Season with a blast, but unfortunately, it doesn't quite do so. This DLC provides the same formula for Call of Duty DLC maps: 4 multiplayer maps and the Zombies map. The multiplayer maps include two new maps: Pod, a nice medium sized map located in Taiwan, and Frost, a decent, snowy map located in theCall of Duty: Black Ops II's Apocalypse aims to bring the end of the Black Ops II DLC Season with a blast, but unfortunately, it doesn't quite do so. This DLC provides the same formula for Call of Duty DLC maps: 4 multiplayer maps and the Zombies map. The multiplayer maps include two new maps: Pod, a nice medium sized map located in Taiwan, and Frost, a decent, snowy map located in the Netherlands. Two other maps are included in the DLC, remakes from former Treyarch games: Takeoff, a remake of the Stadium map from the Black Ops First Strike DLC, and Dig, a remake of the Courtyard map from World at War. Although it was nice of Treyarch to remake the Firing Range stage, I didn't want them to get in a habit of simply recycling previous maps from Black Ops and World at War into DLC packs and passing them off as new. It is a disappointment that they did not focus completely on making new, fun, interesting original maps but simply make decent, with few well done maps along with remakes of previous maps for all their DLC packs. Origins, the final Zombies map, is a nice addition to the Zombies saga and ends the game somewhat well done. Although it was cool to see how the original four characters met, I wanted to find out what were to happen to the TranZit survivors after the events of the Buried Easter Egg, or what happened to the original four survivors after the events of the Moon Easter Egg. The map was fun and entertaining to play as, while making it easy to adjust to than other Black Ops II maps, but I wanted to see more about the fate's of the original and TranZit survivors. Overall, Black Ops II's Apocalypse attempts to end the DLC Season with a bang, but merely offers decent and recycled multiplayer maps, and entertaining Zombies map that left me with many questions. Hopefully Treyarch will learn from their mistakes and make better DLC for Call of Duty or other games they develop in the future. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2013
    I have slated this game in the past, but I do feel that this is the best DLC for Black Ops II multiplayer yet. At the very least, this did contain MP maps, and wasn't just a Zombie-only DLC like the last DLC in first Black Ops.
    I especially like POD, which has a good balanced layout like COD maps of old and Dig, which is actually a laugh and suits my style of play. Takeoff seems a bit bigger than I remember Stadium being, but that's not a bad thing and Frost is also a good run and gun map. I do feel that including two remade maps were a bit of a cheat though, after all this is one of two or three top games for the current Xbox and it cheapens the franchise to just repackage old for new. Stadium was DLC itself so technically, Takeoff is a remake of 2 year old DLC. But in Treyarch's defence not everyone gets each and every COD and each and every DLC and Apocalypse is a good one. Now can we have a patch for the network code so that I can just play people in my country and not be grouped in with laggy, annoying, camping, unsporting, thick, retarded Europeans that would be great.
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Basically with this map pack you're paying $15 for 2 maps you probably own (if you've been playing cod since Waw) 2 new maps that are alright but not astounding and 1 zombies map that makes up for 2 bad ones. The map pod has it's interesting moments but nothing to really tell your friends about, frost is somewhat small allowing for slightly fast paced matches, Dig is simply Courtyard fromBasically with this map pack you're paying $15 for 2 maps you probably own (if you've been playing cod since Waw) 2 new maps that are alright but not astounding and 1 zombies map that makes up for 2 bad ones. The map pod has it's interesting moments but nothing to really tell your friends about, frost is somewhat small allowing for slightly fast paced matches, Dig is simply Courtyard from World at war a map that was free with the game and the launch pad (the name escapes me) which is a reskinned map from the last game that you guess what? Already paid $15 to obtain. Now Origins the new zombies map makes up for Die Rise and Buried bringing back the 4 characters that fans of zombies loved instead of the new 4 which are bland. The map itself is rather interesting as it brings CoD back to settings of old wars (and not the modern bull) by placing players in WW1 trenches. Overall the features in origins make it well worth your money if your're a fan of Zombies, and if you really need the maps well you've probably already purchased the map pack at this point. Expand
  4. Oct 21, 2014
    Really can not judge this DLC. I mean it was good but not that good, the problems is that it did had lazy remakes of map. My favourite part of the DLC is the zombie map. That's all...................

1. Games Master UK
    Oct 19, 2013
    Origins, a zombie-epic with giant robots, rivals TranZit for thrills. [Dec 2013, p.63]
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Ultimately, the big contrast in excitement between Origin’s overt craziness and the more ho-hum moments that frequently pop-up throughout the four new multiplayer maps makes Apocalypse an uneven experience.
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    Pod is an awful map, but the rest are very enjoyable. It does come off a bit cheap, with two of the maps being remakes of existing ones, but the Zombie-mode is once again original and offers a new piece of game, and the quality the series is known for.