4.7

1. Nov 16, 2012
    . the game deserves a 1 but i gave it a 0 because of people who give this game a 10, so the user score will go up. so that is all i wanna say Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only. the game deserves a 1 but i gave it a 0 because of people who give this game a 10, so the user score will go up. so that is all i wanna say Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    Disappointment. The critics are raving about this, but I guess Activision has been paying this off because this game is absolute garbage. People will buy it anyways because they are sheep.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    3 words: Same Graphics Engine. Seriously, its been forever and the graphics are run off the same engine as MW4? and they expect people to believe it took 3 years to make this? lmao get real do NOT buy this game.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't say we didn't all expect this. Basically the same game and graphics we saw in 2009. Hoped in a new beginning to a great series, but was just disappointed and out 60 bucks. This series has some great potential that is just wasted because of a greedy company looking to plunder your bank account.
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    This game does not deserve to be released. I would rather eat chicken nuggets without sour cream than playing this game, yes i said without sour cream. The game is a cancer to the gaming industry and that is all that needs to be said.
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    Worst iteration out of them all, this game is a cash cow and offers nothing new. Same weapons, same types of matches. It is just a very tired franchise and should be put out to pasture. Let the Kiddies keep the CoD Franchise, Halo 4 reigns supreme as always.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't know how people rate this game 10/10, 9/10, or even 8/10. The campaign of this game was kinda weak, and like all CoD games, its very short. Just because they think adding bunch of explosions in one screen would make this game awesome...lol no...Multiplayer...oh man...the reason buy this game is multiplayer. The online of this game is basically the same sh!t as the otherI don't know how people rate this game 10/10, 9/10, or even 8/10. The campaign of this game was kinda weak, and like all CoD games, its very short. Just because they think adding bunch of explosions in one screen would make this game awesome...lol no...Multiplayer...oh man...the reason buy this game is multiplayer. The online of this game is basically the same sh!t as the other titles..similar perks and all. They might have added a few new additions like some new tech into the game multiplayer but still it feels the same. This game deserves 5 or lower out of 10. Its not worth the 60$ people...your basically buying the same game except with a new story and new toys added to your online experience. You guys please open your minds and face the fact that this game is not worth it. PS: Only positive thing about this game is zombie. Expand
  8. Nov 17, 2012
    I give it a zero for the fact that no major changes were made to the game besides the new killstreak system.There is almost no reason to buy this game other than saying you got the new COD. When in reality if you had MW3 in your collection you don't need this.
  9. Nov 14, 2012
    The dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last greatThe dirty little secret of the Call of Duty series is that the original creators left Infinity Ward to start Respawn Entertainment, and with them they took the intelligence and innovative spirit of the series. What was left were the bones of a great series left to be recast by two back to back developers who would futilely attempt to revamp the series again and again. The last great Call of Duty was Modern Warfare 2, and since them fans have been slowly exposed to a dying series that will eventually be a parody of itself. The core of Black Ops 2 multiplayer is broken because it doesn't not deal with fundamental aspects of fun and gameplay. The maps are chicken scratch attempts at creating an adrenaline fueled rat maze with no sense of intelligent direction. The spawns are absolutely horrid: spawn can often be a throw of the dice to see whether you manage to live or die. Finally, the lag in this game is still at a lower level than the MW1 and MW2 variations, the lag still puts you into that situations where you thought you had the jump on a guy, but the killcam reveals that you didn't even pull up your gun. Without addressing these core issues, the series is slowly withering away its hardcore fans, and eventually the rest of the community will start to catch on. Treyarch is a shady mom and pop used car sales lot who will praise the paint, but refuse to fix the engine.

If the gun classes were balanced, the online gameplay fixed, and the maps completely redesigned with strong team deathmatch gameplay I would be inclined to give this game at least an 8 or a 9.
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    I wasn't expecting much, but I expected too much. The graphics would have been good, for 3 years ago. The campaign is weak like always and the Multiplayer is nothing new. Even the zombies, the one reason I had faith has been ruined. Tranzit is fun, but that's all there really is. Nobody in there right mind could possibly like this game.
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    Boring! MP is complete garbage,zombies is the same and the campaign is meh at best. I have been a huge fan of the series but now i'm done! The fun factor doesn't exist in this game.
  12. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buyingThis is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buying this because you've already played it. Do not get it, it's glitchy, stupid and boring. Expand
  13. Nov 17, 2012
    I've got so many problems with this game I don't know where to start.

I've got so many problems with this game I don't know where to start.

Campaign. I've played up to the mission where you are leading an assault on horseback against helicopters. Are you serious? What is this crap? Multiplayer. This is the worst FPS multiplayer I have ever played. The guns are too easy to use, all that is gonna happen is you are going to explode multiple times. The snipers aren't worth using, the maps are too cluttered that you'd be more surprised to not die whenever you turn a corner. And zombies. What the hell did Treyarch do to zombies? This isn't fun. Go into the fog, and you get attacked by zombie monkey things that climb on your head like the Jockey from Left 4 Dead 2 and claw you until you die.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst COD ever, worst kill-streaks ever, and you only get 1 killstreak (scorestreak) for all of your classes. Assault rifles are a joke, the handguns kill more than them. No pro perks, what you see is what you get.....
    Sounds: All the guns sound the same, footsteps sound fake and are really loud, even when you use dead silence. Connection: (when you enter a game) Incomparable lag compensation issues, you can fire a whole clip in an enemy, he will kill you with 2 bullets, and looking at the killcam your character won't have even fired on shot. Not to mention that you will spend more time in the lobby than actually playing. If you want an "almost decent connection" you will have to spend 60% of the time in lobbies (on PS3). The hit detection is a joke, it was bad in BO1 but this one is even worse. Weapons: have the weirdest name (Like PDW 47 WTF is that????), and beside the MP7 none of them are real, seems that Treyarch wanted to cut costs (as well) on license names.
    The graphics don't look real, they look like a HALO, or a cheap Scifi shooter Game, full of unlikely colors.
    Back to MW3, and will wait for MW4. Don't throw your money away.
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

All I can say is, OH MY GOD IT SUCKS SO BAD I'VE CRIED THE FIRST 5 MINS.

There is absolutely no fun at all. I've played MW2 and Black OPS, it's really getting worst. Wish I didn't follow my friend and loose my money for something that don't deserve it. I mean, I could have help a kickstart project with the money instead of giving it to greedy monster corp. There is no excuse for the lack of graphics quality, the small maps with no inspirations and the lack of "smooth" actions. If you're a fan of COD and keep saying "well, it always been like that" well guess what, little studio with no budget do better now. You've been kick in the nuts. Buy anything else like harry potter games or kinect games you'll have more fun. Eck ! Go outside see the light.

Don't buy that **** whatever your fan COD friend says. Don't help them make money.
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    When I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almostWhen I saw Black ops 2 for the first time, I thought it looked cool. I had played previous Call of Duty's and found the first one to be great. Then, only every game afterwards, was the same thing. As great as Black Ops 2 looks, it is, the same damn thing. The campaign is ok, not going to keep you after your first play through. The multi-player is crap. Remember Modern Warfare 1? I almost thought I was just playing an awful map pack. It might be okay if the maps were well structered, but no, they are just awful and invite camping and cheap tactics. Zombies is the only thing I can say anything good about. It will keep you for a little while, but soon, and quickly, will get boring. I wish Black ops 2 was better, at the same time, I had wished, previous Call of Dutys had been better. Call of duty is just a cash cow now. Don't waste your money. Expand
  17. Nov 14, 2012
    just awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make somejust awful! Treyarch seem to mess up whenever they get the chance. I used to really enjoy playing call of duty but Treyarch keep on churning rubbish out. They know people will buy into the call of duty franchise so seem to make little effort to make them even better. Why not change the whole FPS genre again. Mix it up. Using the same engines as years gone by. Come on Treyarch, make some effort! At least MW3 was playable. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    Once again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely newOnce again. CoD has done it. And not in a good way. They have butchered the campaign, and zombies is now a repetitive gametype that is only a shadow of what it was in World at War. The multiplayer is the same issue as it was in Modern Warfare 3. Repetitive and unsatisfying. Unless CoD wants to ram itself into the ground, they need to reboot the franchise and possibly have an entirely new company develop the games. Expand
  19. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gosh, I hate this game. Never mind the fact that this is same game as the other games and have same multiplayer like other games from this franchise (only with different HUD), my biggest problem is that this game shouldn't be a sequel! I mean sure, you play as Mason half of the game but the other half is a futuristic FPS. WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH FIRST BLACK OPS?! To be fair, future part of this game has some pretty good features such as camouflage, sticky gloves, that let you climb a rock mountain and sky diving section. Sadly this happen only one or two time in this game. Anyway I don't understand a point of playing both Mason's campaign and future campaign, if Black Ops 2 only contains a Mason's campaign then that's will be fine. Only resemblance in future in BO2 is Woods... that's it!

In other words this game will be better if they focus mostly about Mason storyline rather than on future soldiers one. If Activision wants to make a futuristic FPS in Call Of Duty, that's fine. But please don't put Black Ops name on it. Called it, I don't know, Futuristic War or something.
  20. Apr 10, 2013
    If you played a Call of Duty game before, then you've played this game aleady. The creaters seem to have no intrest in taking a few years to invest time and money in order to innovate something that feels fresh. But then again why would they? lol If I knew all I had to do was slap a new skin on an old game in order to make billions upon billions of dollars, I would do the same.
  21. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm a 34 y/o guy that is a huge of shooters but if you think this is an improvement, you are nucking futs! The graphics are terrible and they borrowed the color scheme from Serious Sam. Multiplayer is king these days and the pick 10 system does not redefine this title. The levels are small, easily campable and just plain dull and boring. I give it 1 for how smooth it feels but couldI'm a 34 y/o guy that is a huge of shooters but if you think this is an improvement, you are nucking futs! The graphics are terrible and they borrowed the color scheme from Serious Sam. Multiplayer is king these days and the pick 10 system does not redefine this title. The levels are small, easily campable and just plain dull and boring. I give it 1 for how smooth it feels but could not shake the feeling like I was getting killed when I clearly had the upper hand in gun battles. I've already lost interest here after 2 days of trying to give it a chance. I hate HALO but i'm trading in BO2 in for it today. Expand
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    Well once again, Treyarch refuses to fix even one of the issues that makes anyone that respects and plays any sort of first person shooter cringe. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a disgusting mess of a game. It features a grand total of four different spawn points per game, a shallow thoughtless campaign, rehashed graphics from 2010, and hit markers that are once again dysfunctional. I reallyWell once again, Treyarch refuses to fix even one of the issues that makes anyone that respects and plays any sort of first person shooter cringe. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a disgusting mess of a game. It features a grand total of four different spawn points per game, a shallow thoughtless campaign, rehashed graphics from 2010, and hit markers that are once again dysfunctional. I really need to stop giving this franchise chances, because they don't even try anymore. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  23. Aug 25, 2013
    Pay for the same game since MW2! I hope these stuping people who is buying every year the same game dies or goes to hell right now, and when the "Ghosts" game releases it will be the same, shiit as hell!!!
  24. Mar 8, 2013
    Okay when Modern Warfare 3 came out it ruined the franchise. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty I prefer Halo and Gears of War. When I got Black Ops 1 I thought it was pretty good they did a good job, the multiplayer was balanced which is what I look for in multiplayer games. So when Black Ops 2 came out I gave it the benefit of the doubt but when I played it I was more thanOkay when Modern Warfare 3 came out it ruined the franchise. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty I prefer Halo and Gears of War. When I got Black Ops 1 I thought it was pretty good they did a good job, the multiplayer was balanced which is what I look for in multiplayer games. So when Black Ops 2 came out I gave it the benefit of the doubt but when I played it I was more than disappointed. For multiplayer they took Black Ops 1 and combined it with Modern Warfare 3, that combination just doesn't work. Its like putting Fruit Loops on crap. Zombies was good but if you want a good zombie apocalypse game get ArmA II: Combined Operations for PC and download DayZ. I will make a promise to the people that watch this if they make a Black Ops 3 i will dedicate my life to destroying every copy. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    My problem with the Call of Duty games is they have a ton of potential. A TON of potential. This was really well exposed with CoD 4, when the series took a turn from crappy usual WWII shooter to fantastic Modern shooter.

I don't care how much Black Ops II has improved from Black Ops or MW3. With the amount of feedback and ideas they get from the community, this game should look nothing like the previous two.

This game has so much potential if the devs just listened to the community and actually worked on the game. People think the Pick 10 system is different. All it does it let you chose double on certain things and nothing on other things. Barely any different.
  26. Dec 5, 2012
    I think ZOMBIES is RUINED ! same old crap, This is meant to be skill and region matching, Nearly all lobbys im in they level 40+, im lvl 23! AND none of 85% of matches are with GERMANY, FRANCE, USA, NETHERLANDS & f******* NORWAY! Just gaurenteed to spoil the game! WHY WHY WHY
  27. Feb 27, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, but it feels so half assed. Every game since Call of Duty MW2 have been the exact same thing. Why can`t Treyarch and Sledgehammer realize there is no need to have 20 overpowered kill streaks. Go back to basic COD 4, UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper, they work a lot better. Pistols are hideously over powered and quick scoping runs rampant. Please make the nextI really wanted to like this game, but it feels so half assed. Every game since Call of Duty MW2 have been the exact same thing. Why can`t Treyarch and Sledgehammer realize there is no need to have 20 overpowered kill streaks. Go back to basic COD 4, UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper, they work a lot better. Pistols are hideously over powered and quick scoping runs rampant. Please make the next Call of Duty something original and not just a copy of last years game with an updated campaign that takes 2 hours to finish and a couple new multiplayer maps. This game is basically Call of Duty Black Ops 1.5. It really should have been an paid downloadable update to the first black ops, not a completely new release. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is pretty much garbage. The campaign is one of the worst of any "AAA" title I've played. Sure it's cool that you can choose what weapons you want at the start of the mission, but everything is so poorly thrown together it feels like it was designed by a team of poorly trained monkeys. The multiplayer is the same old crap from before. No changes were made, and a few of the mapsThis game is pretty much garbage. The campaign is one of the worst of any "AAA" title I've played. Sure it's cool that you can choose what weapons you want at the start of the mission, but everything is so poorly thrown together it feels like it was designed by a team of poorly trained monkeys. The multiplayer is the same old crap from before. No changes were made, and a few of the maps are pretty much just reskinned versions of old maps. The only thing that is keeping me from giving this game a zero is zombies. Zombies is moderately fun, but gets old fast because lets face it: its still pretty much the same thing as it has been for the last three treyarch games. I would not recommend this game, and I urge everyone to quit buying these games.... actually, I don't care. This game pretty much killed my enjoyment of video games in general Expand
  29. Dec 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After having a go at this game, I was begging for it not to as a major flop as Modern Warfare 3, unfortunately, it is and it will, no matter what. The good things about the game is that zombies are back and it fun, grief and tranzit make useful features of the game, and that's it! Now we can resume to the negatives, the campaign is a joke, now I have been a victim of some very crappy games with a humiliating plot line, I can now forgive some of these games, the way to get an ending is very confusing, 5 endings in total to give you an alternative. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!! I will rant on the best ending, first of all, we do not have a clarified idea of why Karma is now famous, secondly, Farid could've been shot in the arm or leg while taking the bullet, so that pretty much was confusing, and the very stupid twists involved, it's good and all that the Mason's reunite, but there was a major lack of substance involved. Now I will go with the multiplayer, where can I start? The guns are very overpowered, hackers are still there, but 'action' is being put in force, my Nuketown map is not there, even though I unfortunately wasted my hard saved money to test the game and bought it BRAND NEW! The pick 10 needs to be cleaned up, as they need to balance the guns to make it a stress free game. Now, the zombies. Although I said I enjoyed the mode, it needs improvements, the AI are brain-dead just like in campaign, some guns are underpowered and need to be improved and the maps are too small to be roaming in, either way if you opened or not opened all of the doors. Overall, it is a flawed game which needs to have a major improvement to keep up with shooters such as Halo 4, Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Borderlands. Expand
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    I play it frequently, because it's like cocaine in video game form. It numbs your mind, but doesn't do much else. I've come across far too many bad glitches and crashes that it renders the game almost unplayable. In hardcore, you get kicked (and placed on 'probation') if you kill your teammate too many times. Most often it's because they are stupid as hell or they die in unavoidableI play it frequently, because it's like cocaine in video game form. It numbs your mind, but doesn't do much else. I've come across far too many bad glitches and crashes that it renders the game almost unplayable. In hardcore, you get kicked (and placed on 'probation') if you kill your teammate too many times. Most often it's because they are stupid as hell or they die in unavoidable ways. I've seen weapons fail to spawn in classes (leaving you with no primary weapon), 7 (sometimes 8) players to a team in 6v6 matches, and spawns so bad you die instantaneously on maps way too large for that to happen. I feel like Activision has turned it's back on their fans; it's not about the quality, only the money. Save your time and play some indie games or stuff by less autocratic developers. Support the people who still make good games. Expand
  31. Feb 23, 2013
    POS black ops clone. new character models and "scorestreaks" thats it. Its a copy and pasted piece of garbage. Another horrible campaign, which is yet another waste of disc space. Latency and Lag compensation is prevalent throughout your entire mulitplayer experience. Including the inconsistency of good lobbies. No dedicated servers yet again. And finally its copy and pasted hit detection.POS black ops clone. new character models and "scorestreaks" thats it. Its a copy and pasted piece of garbage. Another horrible campaign, which is yet another waste of disc space. Latency and Lag compensation is prevalent throughout your entire mulitplayer experience. Including the inconsistency of good lobbies. No dedicated servers yet again. And finally its copy and pasted hit detection. Overall the game is a piss poor excuse a FPS. Expand
  32. Nov 16, 2012
    ok so its that time of year once again where we all have our fingers crossed hoping this iteration of the annual franchise will once again blow our minds just as it did in 2007.

I remember first playing the beta of COD4 with my mates way back in the day and how it all made us come together on xbox perhaps for the first time and share great stories about how we did this and that.

Sadly very few of my friends still play COD due to its present stale nature and its with regret that that I shall be giving this game a low score.

Activision just hasn't done enough to keep my interest and I still look back at COD4 as a golden era of gaming where the bar was truly raised in terms of next gen gaming.

Perhaps were in need of a new system? I dunno...all I know if that playing this felt stale and really no different to what ive been playing for the past five years.

If you like cod fine but if youre like me and expect more for your money then I would avoid getting suckered and say no this year.
  33. Dec 6, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is just **** in a box its somewhat incomplete having 10+ updates in the past 2 months to fix glitches and such and the campaign has a bad plot that it feels like it was ignored by treyarch and the gameplay is completely broken with little to none improvements.
  34. Dec 3, 2012
    Zombie mode is alright. Campaign is boring. Multiplayer sucks. Treyarch fix the spawn system on this busted game. I'm tired of spawning right in front of the enemy team.
  35. Dec 22, 2012
    This is probaby the worst iteration of COD. The Single player is a throw away and has added nothing to the series. MP the main reason to buy the game and it has the most problems of any COD. Its fundamentally broken since the online experience is nearly unplayable. All the issues with lag means you instantly die with one bullet, while you can unload a full clip into them and hit air.
  36. Jan 28, 2013
    I lost my money The graphics are awful the story is horrile and idiot, withouth a good meaning...
    I think this game was for Ps2 or gameboy when I was playing...
    Horrible, negative
    The multiplayer is just annoying with many abilities in advantage for the players who unloked the good weapons and powers... but in compare to the campaign is better
    I would have buy a random game instead of this
  37. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is the same thing as all the other Call of duties, but with different graphics. Maybe if they added new stuff it would get something better than a 4.4 as its score. However despite all that i did like the zombies, but not enough to bring the score up any.
  38. Aug 26, 2013
    [2.5] Call of Duty has more than overstayed it's welcome, and is becoming increasingly generic. A terribly poor, and illogical narrative, a repetitive, and painfully basic multiplayer don't help Black Ops II in the slightest bit.
  39. May 13, 2013
    Call of Duty 4 was great, Modern Warfare 2 was playable but everything after that went seriously downhill.

Just as in MW3 there's a lack of inovation, Yes it might be a succes formula but there are people (most of them who do recognize a good game) who start seeing that nothing is improving. I had myself skip Blops and MW3, because of the lack in improvement that were already noticable in the trailers, but thought by myself I'll give CoD one more chance. I've never seen 55$ wasted this bad.

Singleplayer: Wasn't bad, maybe quite enjoyable but a multiplayer game shouldn't rest entirely on the campaign mode.

MultiPlayer: If I have to sum COD's multiplayer up in a sentence it's free for all team deathmatch, You are in a team yet there's no need to help eachother, because having one good player in your team can win the game and this isn't a good thing, It's TEAM deathmatch, not working together should result in failing miserably.

Hacking and lagg issues still haven't been solved, They had 3 games to fix this and they still didn't do it.
    And there's nothing new to make MP more enjoyable.

BLOPS 2 brings nothing new on the table, Same different day. Although the Singleplayer is still enjoyable it doesn't really mean anything for it's unchanged multiplayer, sligthly tweaked engine and graphics and still awfull soundeffects
  40. Mar 2, 2013
    I used to love black ops 2 on ps3, thought it was the beat cod game in the series, now however there seems to b something wrong, its gon as bad as the others since the new maps came out, its as though its bn hacked the same as the rest of them and them prestege crap hings did they give them out in a fire sale it seems everyone has one now. I allways leave a lobby if it has more than 3 or 4I used to love black ops 2 on ps3, thought it was the beat cod game in the series, now however there seems to b something wrong, its gon as bad as the others since the new maps came out, its as though its bn hacked the same as the rest of them and them prestege crap hings did they give them out in a fire sale it seems everyone has one now. I allways leave a lobby if it has more than 3 or 4 prestegers cos there is no point in playing ur dead bfore u respawn and snipers get a real gun in the game r u that afraid to face ppl u need to hide and pick ppl off who actualy play also them ppl that use the settings on insane speeds whats the point in playing against that u get 1 kill dead four times and since new maps came out zombies not working the only reason i downloaded the pass at £41 was to play zombies and i cant play new maps y whats the point fix the game mk it fair get rid of snipers n prestege game was brill till they tampered with it i got to 55 xp ages ago and have not presteged i think its cheating the new players y not creat a lobby just for prestegers n not allow them access to the lobbys were ppl dont want to play against the experts at the game let them fight it out together and have a room just for snipers u would soon see the sniper rifles not being used if they cant get to just sit n kill passers by get a life snipers

Hughtrainer@hotmail.com
  41. Mar 27, 2013
    Generic and repetitive gameplay, awful campaign mode and nonsensical zombie mode make black ops 2 a game that didn't need to be release.
    So let's start by the campaign the whole six hour campaign is playing through different sections of just shooting dumb and suicidal AI that not do anything more than just be annoying then watch a non interesting not necessary cutscene and that pretty much is all that there is.
    For multiplayer you have your basic game modes (tdm, dm, dom etc...) the new game modes are not innovative at all and are just game modes from different games plastered into this game every weapon feels exactly the same aside from the way they fire, (full auto or bust fire or semi automatic) i find myself sleeping after playing for a while.
    At last zombies is just... awful... the new so called zombie campaign is just the same survival mode but with a different name the stages feel exactly the same and is just not fun.
    the only reason why this game is getting a two and not a one or even a 0 is just because the graphics are decent and the campaign even if they are terrible have different endings and choices.
    In conclusion i wouldn't buy this game at all is completely skippable it doesn't innovate in absolutely anything and most of the copy paste ideas are just badly performed, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  42. Apr 19, 2013
    is this a call of duty game? yes. does it play like call of duty yes! is that a bad thing? well.....in my and many others opinion...YES!! they have been using the same formula since modern warfare 1! now yes of course they have added extremly minor new features, yes i get that. the only thing this game is truly good for honestly is its zombies mode.
  43. Apr 25, 2013
    The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4.The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4. Different guns with the same stats as the previous games. Do not buy it. if you want to spend 60 dollars in order to screw yourself, buy a really nice instead. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    "CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money"CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money for a team who's patient on their release dates, and as no game is ever finished when released, the Dice team puts more effort into their games than the CoD franchise ever will, I'm putting my bets on BF4, and until it comes out, I'll be playing BF3. Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    The game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stayThe game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stay as a rental. Expand
  46. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 equals Activision's copy and paste tactic just to make a yearly quick cash in. They ran Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero into the ground with the same tactic and they are doing the same with Call of Duty. Do not buy to send Activision a message that its not acceptable rehashing and rereleasing the same game yearly. Buy BF3 or Halo 4 instead.
  47. Nov 13, 2012
    I am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will alwaysI am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will always be better regardless. Campaign is eh the usual. I just like Treyarch's Games for the Zombies sorry to tell you Simple Chart
    Multiplayer Singleplayer Other Gametype(Zombies/Spec Ops) -Infinity Ward -Infinity Ward -Treyarch
  48. Nov 13, 2012
    This franchise has not changed it fundamentals ever, just same old every year.
    Even as they make billions they spend nothing to improve the games, graphics are old, sound is bad, gameplay is just broken in today's market. 2012
    My last COD ever, fool me once...
  49. Nov 13, 2012
    Another re-hash. Every iteration seem's like an add-on/expansion. Nothing new or innovative about this series. It still uses the same graphics engine from 2007. The sound is sub-par compared to other games such as the Battlefield series.

Played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.
  50. Nov 15, 2012
    Buying Black Ops 2 is like buying a burger that has some sort of "add on" that makes it seem tastier. E.g. burger with added hot spicy onion rings or some special sauce.

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks..... Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks.....

Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down and fight enemies in close quarter combat ? or be a sniper and support your allies?)

A good attempt at being innovative. Robots, future tech.... meh.................

Graphics- No changes

Multiplayer- Same thing

Zombies: Yeah, I admit this is better than Black Ops and fun with friends, but still.... meh

But at the end of the day, this is my opinion so don't be hating on me

Although I applaud Black Ops 2's marketing campaign of getting all these celebrities in one promo video, so that was good
  51. Nov 14, 2012
    i think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...noti think people are being too harsh about the graphics and sounds. i think they are vastly superior to mwf3. my issues have to do with treyarch and activision themselves. they were very mysterious and tight lipped about what was to be in the game and what wasn't. but based on the numerous reports i read prior to the game, i feel absolutely duped. drop zone was to remain in the game...not true. quickscoping would remain..i've yet to be quickscoped and in previous games that happened all the time. there was supposed to be a way to play sniperless games..not true. this game was supposed to reward objective oriented players. what a joke that is. they take away the support streaks and the rewards for playing the objectives is much less than in mwf but the risk is greater. case in point, hardpoint which appears to be drop zone is actually more like team defender. as long as you hold a point you get a 25 percent increase to the kills you make. well, in team defender it was 100 percent. so the objective is 1/4 as rewarding now (in regards to personal points).camping was supposed to be almost eliminated due to changes. you'd have to be on the move to be invisible from uav with the right perks. well, try keeping a uav in the air. it's usually there for about 3 seconds. so in turn, camping is every bit as rampant as ever. i think it's actually a bigger problem now. i'm an objective oriented player and i'll never be the slayer some are. i have zero reason to ever play this again. there simply isn't a mode on here that i can't swap for a more rewarding mode on mwf3. to me, treyarch either deliberately leaked bad info or allowed bad info out there. a clear cut explanation of what would be in and out of the game would have fixed that. it very much shows that they were scared some people would stay away if they were truthful. i'll never spend another penny on another treyarch or activision product. the game looks very good and sounds good. i think the aiming is much simpler and less jerky than mwf3. it is smooth that way and plays well. but i don't understand why they create maps where there simply aren't many jumps. in most mwf3 maps there are numerous spots where you have to know the game and have to discover ways to get up on things and sometimes get an advantage. treyarch does so little of that. that's actually a lot of the appeal, knowing the game and knowing little secrets. with how treyarch designs their maps it's like 2 teams playing paintball in a frickin hallway. the terrain needs to be somewhat interactive. but there is very little of that in comparison. i like the idea of league play but i'm not going to waste my time seeing how good or bad i am at a lousy game. i can't even force myself to play this stupid game anymore. there are a lot of good things with it. if you are a good non sniper slayer type that has little intention to play the objective, this is the game for you. but as it is at this very moment i have no intention to waste another moment playing this crap. Expand
  52. Nov 13, 2012
    This is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from myThis is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from my friend, who hated it. I hate it too. **** you Treyarch & Infinity Ward, **** you Call of Duty, **** you fan boys, **** your copy-paste style of game development. Expand
  53. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the worst game i have ever played, why did they ruin this series!!!!!!! I used to like it, MW3 was bad so i though this will be bettter but it wasn't, i'm sad, i i used to like this game series but now i hate, i really hate it with a passion, this game is bad, stop lying to yourselfs and go buy a real game.
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    i am not accepting graphics from 2007 and a gameplay that reapeats the whole same crap for the 1000x time.

its not even like i PLAY a game? its auotaime, autoheal auto.... get me out of here...
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    It's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of theIt's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of the idiots that still buys Call of Duty every year, go ahead and get this 60$ map pack. If you actually have a brain, don't buy this **** If you have never bought a call of duty game, just buy Black ops 1. It's the same game, but it's cheaper now. Until people put their foot down and say no to this bandwagon game, they'll keep releasing the same game every year just for your hard earned cash. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    A massive disappointment, barely any better than Modern Warfare 3. How anyone can rate the same game a 9/10 is beyond me. Halo 4 is the only answer left in the FPS genre, don't be a casual, buy Halo 4.
  57. Nov 15, 2012
    A miserable excuse for a sequel let alone a full game. This is more like a overly priced DLC expansion pack. Completely no innovation compared to other games this year. It's campaign is repetitive and suffers from the same world war military shooter "been there done that" shooter syndrome. It's Multiplayer is no different, a copy and pasted rushed Modern warfare 3 multiplayer with theA miserable excuse for a sequel let alone a full game. This is more like a overly priced DLC expansion pack. Completely no innovation compared to other games this year. It's campaign is repetitive and suffers from the same world war military shooter "been there done that" shooter syndrome. It's Multiplayer is no different, a copy and pasted rushed Modern warfare 3 multiplayer with the slightest tweaks that leave this game with completely nothing new to offer but a dent in your wallet for the same 'copy and pasted' non-innovative online experience that leaves us bored and swapping game disc's almost immediately after playing this re-hashed 'expansion pack'. A certain waste of my money and will be trading this game in on my next stop to my local Game shop. Expand
  58. Dec 17, 2012
    Im giving this game a zero because this franchise needs to simply die like right now it's destroying gaming as we speak. every studio wants their game to be like COD so they can just churn some cheap rehash every year and rake in billions. Example Resident evil 6 clearly said there is no place for survival horror
    in todays market. run and gun fps games all thnx to COD. another example MOH
    in todays market. run and gun fps games all thnx to COD. another example MOH clearly a COD ripoff with it's newly found killstreak system it used to not be like that but now it is. even Halo 4 to a small extent have COD elements in it.
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    Until they make a long campaign I will continue to give 0's on every edition they release. I've been patient since the first modern warfare but we're still getting these 3 hour campaigns. I WANT MY MONEYS WORTH!!! Multiplayer doesn't take any thought:just slap on a couple levels together, some perks, guns, and you'll please the lemmings.
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    i see all kids crying and grip about why this game is so low rate.. its simple this game sucks balls, play halo 4 if you want futuristic game this is another AD/HD shooter like every year.... sry my bad english..
  61. Nov 14, 2012
    I feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving aI feel it important to say first and foremost that i have never enjoyed the multiplayer of COD. The spawning is stupid, the fighting erratic and importantly the variety non existent. What mildly intelligent person actually cares about the relentless barrage of trophies and medals which remain as completely useless mementos locked away in the dark quarters of your console. Receiving a trophy does not make a game fun. Playing the game should be all the fun needed. COD is not fun. I started up the single player campaign to be blown away by the complete lack of 3D during cinematics. To clarify i have just finished AC3 in 3D and the 3D was awesome, the game, so so. Then the game finally started, thought id get my kill on. Instead i was left feeling sick by the poorly programmed 3D in the game. OK, i'll play without 3D then (dissapointing since 3D games are few and far between). I thought maybe i would stop feeling sick now. I was wrong. The urge to bring up breakfast, lunch and possibly dinner from the night before was simply to great. You see i am a sympathetic vomiter, i see vomit, i vomit. What was being served up on my beautiful 1080P 63" 3D TV was indeed vomit. The graphics are worse than bad. I can hear all you braindead fanboys now, "it runs at 60fps...how can it be bad when so many people buy it?..." Well first of all, in case you hadnt noticed, nobody cares about 60fps, as long as it can hold a steady frame rate of say 30fps and not stutter it is perfectly acceptable even imperceptible, ie BF3 which incidentally craps all over CODBO1 & 2. "Why do so many people buy it?" Easy. People are idiots! One need only walk down the street and witness a slew of teenage boys wearing their little sisters jeans with hair that must having taken all morning to style to understand this. More evidence you ask. Look at those that sit atop society in any region of the world, they are always a minority, why you ask again. Because people are overwhelmingly idiots. Back to COD. I am not a hater, honestly i want all games to be fun. I've been gaming for like 25 years, i do not discriminate. So where did my CODBO2 story end?? I was so disillusioned with gaming after just 10 mins of CODBO2 ( I know your thinking, "well you didn't even play it, you missed the options and story line blah blah blah zombies blah blah") I didn't and wont miss anything. If i want to be bored and have options that lead to different endings i'll read one of my old chose your own adventure novels. If i want zombies I'll watch The Walking Dead (which is awesome BTW). So... I digress. After attempting to play and ending up heaving in the toilet i was depressed. I thought to myself i cant wait until the end of the month for Far Cry 3 or more importantly the end of the year for more expansions for BF3. I need to have my new found hatred of games quashed. Now i must tell you that i have never owned an XBOX always PC games and Playstations. I did the only thing i could. I bought a XBOX and Halo 4 and whilst is very far from the greatest game ive played, it has all but erased the sour taste left by CODBO2. Shame on you Treyarch for dishing up such a pile of steaming hot turd when you have the resources and fan base to do something truly revolutionary. Shame on you, you masses of idiots out there who will buy and love this game for no apparent reason other than you liked the one before it and before that and so on. Shame on you professional critics for giving this game such a high score. I have never posted anything online before, not a blog, not a tweet nothing. This game has brought out the entitled **** in me that so many of you had embraced so long ago. I feel that what i have to say is important enough that the world need access it. Shame on you CODBO2 for making me an internet posting geek who thinks that people care what i have to say. Please stop buying this dribble. Please start thinking for yourselves. I gave it a zero because im sure i played this already...in the '80's. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    Do not know why i wasted my money on this franchise again.
    Graphics are still **** gameplay is the same, campaign is still heavily scripted and very linear and the strike force missions are ALRIGHT at best

cannot wait for mw4 -.-
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    I used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. TheseI used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. These games only sell well because of their competitive nature, not because they are any fun. If you want to be competitive, go airsofting or paintballing. At least that way you will get some exercise. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2012
    Big suprise here, same game as last year, and the year before, and the year before. It just feels so stale now. Not as disappointing as previous games, but only because I wasn't expecting much.
  66. Nov 13, 2012
    This game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to payThis game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to pay off Critics anyways, why not spend some more? Anyways, onto the gameplay review. Campaign is a nice short 4 hours, and I'm glad it's short because it was bad and I wanted to play multiplayer. Multiplayer maps feel crowded and junked up with unnecessary **** Love the futuristic design of the new guns, but unfortunately, they feel like the old guns. The new pick ten system and the new perk system are good. So far though, this game plays exactly like Warfighter and IGN gave Warfighter a 4. That must mean the zombies mode is so good that it gives BO2 5 more points. Now I haven't played zombies yet, because all my friends are asleep, so I'm going to leave this here with a rating of 4, but I'll come back and make this rating a 9 if zombies absolutely blows my mind with how **** amazing it is. It had better not disappoint or else I'll know IGN is a corrupt review site who gets paid off by Activision so they can sell more copies of CoD and I certainly hope that's not true. On a side note, this game will probably be played at MLG and IPL because of how easy it is. MLG and IPL have to have SC2 otherwise it would be a casualfest. Expand
  67. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doingI'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Call of duty has ruined this generation and probably future generation shooters because they lack zero innovation and follow the same Hollywood path of squeezing out sequels in order to generate as much profit as possible while giving absolutely nothing back to its fans. Go fudge yourself, Satan, for infiltrating my favorite medium and industrializing it like you have my country - no longer to be the art it once was. I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    Utter garbage. The OVER lag compensation from MW3 is back, but it is even worse this go. All the guns are EXACTLY the same! They all have no recoil and have high clips and fast fire rates. The maps promote headglitching and have no real flow.

For some reason, they decided to mess with the sensitivity settings and make the X and Y axis different, without giving you the option to adjust both separately. Hit detection is just as bad as Black Ops, although they tried to mask this by not adding recoil to any of the guns.

Single Player is pathetically unlikable. Basic generic shooter campaign, which last for about 4 gruesome hours. I heard that they will be implementing the single player of this game as a torture device at Guantanamo Bay.

My copy is already on Ebay, save your wallet and your dignity by skipping this boring piece of recycled junk.
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    Same engine, Same formula, a few new guns... I'm not sold.

How year after year people flock to the new edition of the call of duty franchise I'm not sure. The best Modern Warfare game was the original, since then the franchise has gone slowly downhill with each new installation. I would advise people to stay away from this one and wait for it to hit the sale.
  70. Nov 14, 2012
    A copy and paste job, cheap lazy money grabbing offering, this franchise deserves more and gamers even more. What is achieved in this, could have been a £ 15.00 DLC update.
  71. Jan 7, 2013
    This is the third review I've written. I've had to tweak it some as I played the game more and more. Simply put, this is only a story extension from Black Ops. There is no evolution of gameplay, nothing fresh or imaginative. The biggest step forward has to be the Zombies gametype, where there's more than just the straight-up exhibition approach of pick a level, fight the zombies (rinseThis is the third review I've written. I've had to tweak it some as I played the game more and more. Simply put, this is only a story extension from Black Ops. There is no evolution of gameplay, nothing fresh or imaginative. The biggest step forward has to be the Zombies gametype, where there's more than just the straight-up exhibition approach of pick a level, fight the zombies (rinse & repeat). But the multiplayer, where the game is supposed to take its biggest strides, falls completely flat. For me, this comes for a number of reasons: bad weapon balancing, poor killstreaks, no dedicated servers (and their player-host approach doesn't do well most of the time), poor hit detection (including the impossible feat that is the headshot, for whatever reason this game rarely rewards the player with a headshot when the head is all that is showing!), uninteresting perks, the list goes on but those are the ones I can think of immediately. This game will be fun and compelling if you've barely touched Call of Duty in the past, but just like Modern Warfare 3, the franchise shows its age in all aspects of the game (especially the graphics department). One has to wonder where Treyarch and Infinity Ward are with hiring creative minds to bring the franchise into interesting and fun waters. Quite honestly, it might be time to let this franchise die out and start fresh. If I could put it in to one sentence, I'd describe Call of Duty Black Ops 2 as tiresome, boring, and overly recycled - to the point that it makes me want to never play the game every time I conclude a playing session. Sadly, people are rewarding the development and production teams on this game by playing it (with online populations in the 500,000s at times). Honestly, play MW3 as it has better killstreak rewards and a much better weapon selection. Play Black Ops only if you covet campaign and the zombie survival mode, because the story is okay (just okay, nothing more) and zombies is the only real challenge Black Ops carries anymore. I'd venture to recommend Halo 4 over Black Ops 2 simply because it feels like Halo but has incorporated popular trends in multiplayer gaming that never existed in the earlier games of the franchise. Expand
  72. Nov 13, 2012
    Truly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise whichTruly huge let down of game, the Call of Duty engine is beginning to show its age, annual releases are ruining the franchise the negative gripes I have with this game is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the game its the same game year in year out, unlike the FIFA franchise (noticeable upgrades to game play) little or any progress has been made to improve the franchise which makes it really disappointing, having been overwhelmed with Modern Warfare I am honestly starting to believe all hope has is lost with this franchise, after Modern Warfare 2 this franchise has taken a nose dive into oblivion and I don't think it will ever return to its former glory, the game is catered for the "casual" gamer the franchise was a lot better when it wasn't as mainstream as it has become now, the chewing gum has finally lost its flavor.

Negatives
    - Extremely linear, boring campaign
    - Same rehashed game engine (signs of aging)
    - Doesn't really improve on whats been done before Positives
    + Zombie mode (This should be a standalone affair and stray away from the COD franchise)
    + Pick 10 Leveling System
    + Hopefully this will be the last COD this gen before it is completely overhauled for next gen
  73. Nov 18, 2012
    baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i think. Expand
  74. Nov 13, 2012
    This game really sucks, its an epic failure, the mods of this site must send these reviews to the developers of this useless no effort video game. -10/10 for me.
  75. Nov 14, 2012
    Treyarch, congrats. You've officially embedded yourself in my mind as horrible at game making. Many people here are complaining about the lack of change, but I disagree. I hate the changes they've made. For this review I'll be talking about the multiplayer part of the game.

And it sucks. Sniping is absolutely impossible. The guns scope in incredibly slow and awkwardly. It's honestly so frustrating. The killstreaks in this game blow. You randomly die from being electrocuted or somehow explode. The game overall is very dark color wise which makes spotting enemies nearly impossible. Lastly, the create a class system is just plain stupid. So many perks are made into attachments and it's impossible to get a class that really fits your needs without making serious cuts.

Honestly, I want more of the same. I want the old CoD 4 back. Not with these stupid "advancements",
  76. Nov 21, 2012
    Ever have the feeling of Déjà vu? well you will if you buy this game.
    They really is nothing new with Call of Duty: Black Ops II same graphics that are really outdated these days and gameplay as before.
    How long can Activision get away with chargeing full price for what should be half price or DLC?.
  77. Dec 9, 2012
    This is ridiculous, Activision really needs to take their time with their Call of Duty games. Before you guys go smartass on me, I know there are 2 other companies that publish the multiplayer such as Infinity Ward and Treyarch. COD games have been coming every single year, which are all a complete cash in since after COD 4: Modern Warfare. The only good thing I like is the campaign, itThis is ridiculous, Activision really needs to take their time with their Call of Duty games. Before you guys go smartass on me, I know there are 2 other companies that publish the multiplayer such as Infinity Ward and Treyarch. COD games have been coming every single year, which are all a complete cash in since after COD 4: Modern Warfare. The only good thing I like is the campaign, it always have a decent campaign but COD is mostly bought as a Multi-Platform Port for online multiplayer. Just like the previous ones, its the same friggin' thing as the other ones. Its the same exact multiplayer that you could be playing right now with the previous ones. Yet fans always defend it by the Maps and Weapon models, but I don't really care for that, I care for how its played and it is played exactly like the other ones. I'm surprised that they STILL didn't fix the annoying part with the bad health system and wobbling sniper aim. Let's not forget getting killed instantly by the Snipers and Campers which ruins the game. Some say I'm a noob for b*tching about that because they can pass it without a problem, well at least I'm not a noob for spending another $60 on the same FPS every year. Just rent it for the campaign, the multiplayer is not worth the $60. If you want to play this game, just play your MW3, Black Ops, or MW2 theres no difference at all. Expand
  78. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  79. Nov 15, 2012
    If you or your kid have been diagnosed with ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or Kalnienk vision disorder this game is designed especially for YOU ! This is not the Black Ops game you were hoping for... This is Super Turbo Edition ! Treyarch came to the conclusion medium size maps are boring and not engaging enough.Play area has been shrinked significantly (on most of theIf you or your kid have been diagnosed with ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or Kalnienk vision disorder this game is designed especially for YOU ! This is not the Black Ops game you were hoping for... This is Super Turbo Edition ! Treyarch came to the conclusion medium size maps are boring and not engaging enough.Play area has been shrinked significantly (on most of the maps) to accommodate extremely engaging close quarters play-stile of spawn chuck a grenade and then either kill something or get killed by whatever flew out of opposite side. Every map has been build around simple principle of tiny area and 3 corridors to flow the gameplay in the middle left and right side. I dont care about single player or will be talking about it but I assure you its Michael Bay style showcase from killing Vietcong soldiers, wing-suit flying all the way to some idiotic command and conquer RTS style mini-missions 0_o why ? I don't know... and YES ! There is dubstep, because every game in 2012 needs some of that wub wub. The only redeeming factor could be zombies, but why would you be willing to pay full price for it when there are more engaging brain eating themed games available for a lot less (L4D series) So far I've spend 5 hours in online battles and had no fun at all ! I'll try to sell this game by the end of the week or trade with somebody for something else. Meantime I'm going back to battlefield, maybe I won't have shiny 60 frames per second but at least game is not forcing me to have fun doing escapades inside rat maze size of a shoe box ! Expand
  80. Nov 16, 2012
    I've tried to like this game, but its just no use. There's just too many flaws especially in multiplayer holding this game back. Instead of fixing past mistakes like bad spawns, bad hit detection, lag compensation, and terrible matchmaking service they've decided to relabel these as features and sell the same old crap to you. Lack of weapons, game-modes and uninspired maps makes it evenI've tried to like this game, but its just no use. There's just too many flaws especially in multiplayer holding this game back. Instead of fixing past mistakes like bad spawns, bad hit detection, lag compensation, and terrible matchmaking service they've decided to relabel these as features and sell the same old crap to you. Lack of weapons, game-modes and uninspired maps makes it even less enjoyable. Zombies has been fun, though there's no real story in "campaign mode". It's just the same old move from point A to point B. The actual campaign for the game is not bad either, the multiple choices add some replay-ability to an otherwise forgetful 6 hour story. I fail to see how this game is "innovative or "the new COD standard" and not just the same thing you've seen every year. Expand
  81. Nov 18, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game. I kept thinking "Ok this game will change it up, its not gonna be just another cheap copy of the last game", but now I can see that was a fool to think that. They made it look so much prettier in the previews up until the games release, and I'm ashamed to say I fell for it. I mainly play for the multiplayer so that's what I'll focus on here. It's the sameI really wanted to like this game. I kept thinking "Ok this game will change it up, its not gonna be just another cheap copy of the last game", but now I can see that was a fool to think that. They made it look so much prettier in the previews up until the games release, and I'm ashamed to say I fell for it. I mainly play for the multiplayer so that's what I'll focus on here. It's the same crap, sure there a few new cool killstreaks and stuff but that's not enough to set this game apart from other Call of Duty games. I play on the PS3 and the PS3 version is plagued with problems. First I was not able to connect to any matches. Then I could connect to matches but my customized classes were not there for some reason. Then the stupid thing freezes on me. It's so ridiculous that these problems still exist and the morons that make the game try and act all sympathetic to the gamers by promising to work non-stop to correct the issues. Anyway, I have not given up on it 100%, but if these issues with connecting and disappearing custom classes don't get fixed very soon, I'm done with COD forever. Expand
  82. Nov 14, 2012
    Looks the same, feels the same, and it just simply is the same. Don't get me wrong, that game isn't that bad. But every single call of duty game shouldn't be the same. The game is living of its name, not its gameplay. For the people saying don't buy it if you don't want to play the same thing.. WTF? That's the kind of **** that promotes video game companies to ram their manhood into you.Looks the same, feels the same, and it just simply is the same. Don't get me wrong, that game isn't that bad. But every single call of duty game shouldn't be the same. The game is living of its name, not its gameplay. For the people saying don't buy it if you don't want to play the same thing.. WTF? That's the kind of **** that promotes video game companies to ram their manhood into you. The longer you say, "Hey, if you don't want to play the same CoD, don't buy it" the longer they decide to F off because they know people are going to keep buying their game. It's seriously disrespectful to the people who buy these games in hopes of having at least a slightly different experience. This game feels like MW3.. It was supposed to feel like black ops, but with more innovation.. They disappointed. Do yourselves a favor, get halo 4 and don't look back. Not that halo 4 was better by a long shot, but 343 did a much better job than Activision... Way to ruin another one Activision! Expand
  83. Feb 7, 2013
    Such a disappointment! The campaign sucks and its short. The multiplayer is boring and the maps is so small you spawn next to your enemies. The zombies was confusing at first but later it just got boring after 10 rounds! Its not like Black Ops at all just a cheap copy of mw3. Waste of money.
  84. Nov 24, 2012
    This game Is beyond horrible. For a "Record Breaking Launch" you would figure these morons would have enough cashflow to actually not have these connection errors. I will not Ever buy a call of duty series game again. As a matter a fact after I finish this im gonna go return this game. I played it for a few days multiplayer sucks, Errors, Errors, connection interrupted. The only thingThis game Is beyond horrible. For a "Record Breaking Launch" you would figure these morons would have enough cashflow to actually not have these connection errors. I will not Ever buy a call of duty series game again. As a matter a fact after I finish this im gonna go return this game. I played it for a few days multiplayer sucks, Errors, Errors, connection interrupted. The only thing decent was the campaign and that wasnt that great. Expand
  85. Nov 14, 2012
    Ok let me get with this. First campaign was all right but some parts were dull. Multiplayer same, repetitive, unbalanced. Zombies the only good thing there. Audio shooting was horrible. Graphics I really don't care and besides if CoD games had the best Graphics but everything else was crap would you buy it? That's exactly what i think about it.
  86. Nov 16, 2012
    all that was good has been taken away,to be replaced by very weak components,the actual MP gameplay is good,let down with a poor perks system,ugly playercards,a league play system that can put you in leagues you've no hope in,weapons aren't great,although attachments are an improvement,quick scoping and lag make a return,it doesn't have that addictive feel,that makes you play more,to getall that was good has been taken away,to be replaced by very weak components,the actual MP gameplay is good,let down with a poor perks system,ugly playercards,a league play system that can put you in leagues you've no hope in,weapons aren't great,although attachments are an improvement,quick scoping and lag make a return,it doesn't have that addictive feel,that makes you play more,to get that next unlockable item,challenges don't pull you in either,it could have been so much more,they were so hell bent on change,they never stopped to think if they should Expand
  87. Nov 18, 2012
    To what i got this game for; zombies. I was excited to have some new maps. Then I find i don't actually get nuketown zombies, I just get the nuketown map for multiplayer; If i wanted the map i should have gotten the more expensive or i can get the season pass for 4000 microsoft points... Okay, there are "3" maps. It's one map that in terms of "walkable" space is probably about the size ofTo what i got this game for; zombies. I was excited to have some new maps. Then I find i don't actually get nuketown zombies, I just get the nuketown map for multiplayer; If i wanted the map i should have gotten the more expensive or i can get the season pass for 4000 microsoft points... Okay, there are "3" maps. It's one map that in terms of "walkable" space is probably about the size of ascension. The other two maps are sections from the bigger map. The bigger map is limited by the transportation of a buss you take to areas. It's plagued by very little ammunition, it makes me think of a survival horror game such as Resident Evil where you used to get little to no ammunition. For exampled the town only has hand grenades which are only accessible by use of an item and they are off the beaten path. This game type feels very long simply because of the bus. Another problem is the connections. The game has been released for less than a weak but it already has serious connection problems in zombies and online. The online is the same how it usually is, exept in this one there is no ghost until the final level... It makes uavs a requirement to shoot down as they are often times mini blackbirds. The connections are horrible and as always the los of the kill cams don't match and dont make sense. someone sees your whole body before you see them if they are going around a corner etc. The saddest thing is this is my least favorite campaign of the cods ever. I could continue to go on, but i will stop. Expand
  88. Nov 19, 2012
    I have played MW2, BLOP1, and MW3 and I have to say that this game is the first to get me frustrated enough to throw it out the window. This game is unplayable, and there is no sign of fixing it. While @DavidVonderhaar is keeping silent and giving himself props for making a good game. He has giving himself the reality distortion field. The net code is garbage, with all the lag after weekI have played MW2, BLOP1, and MW3 and I have to say that this game is the first to get me frustrated enough to throw it out the window. This game is unplayable, and there is no sign of fixing it. While @DavidVonderhaar is keeping silent and giving himself props for making a good game. He has giving himself the reality distortion field. The net code is garbage, with all the lag after week one you would think they would have a patch by now. All they have done is made sure Double XP is in effect. Great Hot fix guys. Everyone and the Mother is using UAV so this game is now a read dot chasers dream. Hey don't worry you will get Ghost at Rank 55. They talk about balance, there isn't any this time around. He too busy giving themselves a job well done. In Short, don't waste your money on this game. It isn't worth it, your better off staying with MW3 for another year. Because this game is really broken at the moment. I wanted to like this game, but at this point Activision has started to Tony Hawk this franchise. I am done after this game. Even if they fix, if you plan to get this game wait till January. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2012
    Doing the same thing every year and the lemmings still buy it!!! FOR SHAME taking advantage of low IQs. Got this game for free. I would never pay for one of thses games past COD4. Lazy presentation, same graphics as cod4. Halo always improves the graphics from game to game why can't COD??? Playing this on a PC at 1080p and it looks like utter rubish!!!!
  90. Nov 23, 2012
    This game is an absolute waste of money. The multiplayer gameplay is nothing new from any other cod game and the online servers are not only poor quality but the lag in games and terrible respawn locations make the game unbearable. It's impossible to have a good K/D because the lag times. I have never been so disappointed with a game purchase and I'd rather pay GameStop to take this gameThis game is an absolute waste of money. The multiplayer gameplay is nothing new from any other cod game and the online servers are not only poor quality but the lag in games and terrible respawn locations make the game unbearable. It's impossible to have a good K/D because the lag times. I have never been so disappointed with a game purchase and I'd rather pay GameStop to take this game back than play another minute of it. Expand
  91. Nov 23, 2012
    I have owned every duty title and this is by far the worst. Massive lag spikes regardless of your own internet speed, terrible level designs, unimaginative level system, and terrible gameplay are only the beginning of the problem. The single player is the only reason this game got a 2, if i was rating only the multiplayer I would give a 0. Only sniper rifles can kill enemies with aI have owned every duty title and this is by far the worst. Massive lag spikes regardless of your own internet speed, terrible level designs, unimaginative level system, and terrible gameplay are only the beginning of the problem. The single player is the only reason this game got a 2, if i was rating only the multiplayer I would give a 0. Only sniper rifles can kill enemies with a headshot, other guns require 2-4 bullets in the head to kill. The lag is so horrendous you need to aim 5-10 feet in front of your target to make up for it. Only 1 new game type which is hardpoint is nothing but headquarters but leaving you more exposed which turns the game in to a die-a-thon. PLEASE do not buy this game. Expand
  92. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. in this review i'll write about both the campaign and the multiplayer but i'll start with the campaign. i personally like the campaigns story line, i always love it when sequels link there old characters into there new games (etc. borderlands 2) and it all seemed to link together very smoothly. however i found the ending extremely unsatisfying mainly due to the fact that after you capture Menendez the game just ends without providing any insight as to why the Russian's wont attack which personally i think sort of makes capturing Menendez completely pointless. Now onto the online play. IT IS AWFUL. in the first week or so i enjoyed it, it seemed to flow freely and people hadn't discovered any overpowered weapons but then by about 2 weeks in everyone discovered the power of smg's and snipers because smg's seem to have little to no recoil, a huge amount of damage and they have kept there fast draw ability which more or less means smg's are there king of combat in this game, Also something which i dont like in the slightest is the sniping of this game. In the last few CoD the sniping had been awful due to small maps which meant that even though they were almost unusable, they weren't completely overpowered, in THIS CoD however they had made sniping a joke if you hit someone in the top half of there body they will die and it just takes all of the skill out of sniping. in my view CoD needs to take a page out of BF's sniping as BF provides snipers with an extremely powerful gun but makes it hard to hit people like a true it should be. to sum this up quickly its a complete disgrace the fact critics have betrayed gamer's once again by promising us great online play and hugely improved game play in just don't buy this garbage for me the only thing which saves it from a zero is the fact the campaign adjusts to your decisions.if you hunger for a first person shooter i would spring for battlefield 3 or halo 4 (i 'm sure there are other games you could buy instead of this one, those are just the two that spring to mind) this is more a personal note rather than part of the review hence why i added it last, this is my message to Treyarc and any future companies that develop call of duty games, please just stick to WWII games it seems like those were the games you were good at rather than this BO and MW **** you keep on regurgitating Expand
  93. Nov 25, 2012
    Game sucks major. I figured the multiplayer wouldn't be that good, but I thought the Zombies would give it some value, nope. They tweeked something in the Zombies, it doesn't feel the same, headshots don't connect like they should, it doesn't feel right. There's to much fog in zombies, and there's this lava **** everywhere you go. It's just really lame, I don't see how anyone couldGame sucks major. I figured the multiplayer wouldn't be that good, but I thought the Zombies would give it some value, nope. They tweeked something in the Zombies, it doesn't feel the same, headshots don't connect like they should, it doesn't feel right. There's to much fog in zombies, and there's this lava **** everywhere you go. It's just really lame, I don't see how anyone could like this game. There have been some improvements in the multiplayer, the perk system is better for sure, I like the Snipers much more. The problem is as usual, the spawn system which gets worse with each game, the small cramped levels with hard to see periphrial views, to many hills, to many corners and sneak spots. The multiplayer just is the same every level, tight corners with first to get the lucky draw, depending on the variables of game connections and luck of the **** game engine draw. Game is fun for about 10 minutes, then it just feels like a badly made generic replay of previous games, trust me it's not worth the time in your life. Expand
  94. Sep 3, 2013
    The same unimaginative and boring gameplay and lack luster story that Treyarc and Infinity Ward pump out every year. I would much rather they spend 3 years taking their time with one game than what they do now, but I guess that wouldn't make nearly as much.
  95. Dec 22, 2012
    Absolutely horrible game, due mainly to developers. The iconic "multiplayer" (yes I put it in quotation marks) is completely aggravating. Lag issues, team death match works on certain days. Nuke town map was available 24/7 for everyone who pre-ordered the game, after a week hey changed it to whoever bough the season pass. Serious crooks, not only do they doop everyone. But in return theyAbsolutely horrible game, due mainly to developers. The iconic "multiplayer" (yes I put it in quotation marks) is completely aggravating. Lag issues, team death match works on certain days. Nuke town map was available 24/7 for everyone who pre-ordered the game, after a week hey changed it to whoever bough the season pass. Serious crooks, not only do they doop everyone. But in return they want more money to do whatever they want to do, so filthy rich that they could care less what the players think or want. Or could care less if the player even exists. The only thing this game is meant to do is to literally steal your money and make you feel stupid for having it in you system. Expand
  96. Dec 29, 2012
    Where to start on this one? The campaign of this game is fun with different endings depending on your choices but regardless of that it doesn't have a story that tempts you into playing the campaign for more than an hour at a time. And after you finish the campaign you'll have no desire to play it again.
    If you play games purely singleplayer then there are far superior games on the
    If you play games purely singleplayer then there are far superior games on the market.
    Zombie mode is disappointing, there isn't much variation between the maps or combat situations and it gets boring to fight off the same horde of exactly the same zombies for longer than 15 minutes.
    Multiplayer however is where this game disappoints the most.
    The maps are the worst i've encountered in any Call of Duty game, with head glitching and camping spots galore. On top of that there's not much room in the maps for flanking the enemy without getting taken out by headglitchers armed with shock charges and bouncing betty's. And since the killstreaks are now more difficult to get, people camp even more trying to get a stealth chopper in the air.
    The spawn system is horribly random, too often you will find yourself scratching your head wondering why you spawned right in front of your enemy or why you spawned at the enemies flag in the domination game mode.
    The lag compensation system however is where this game truly falls flat on it's face, this was also a problem in MW3 from time to time but it was more rare than in Black Ops 2. Way too often will you shoot a guy full of bullets only to have him turn on you and kill you almost instantly. Every Call of Duty game on console had lag compensation but in this game it's completely screwed. Activision makes hundreds of millions of dollars annually with this franchise, you'd think it wouldn't be a big effort to host dedicated servers for this game..
    The gun balance in the game also lacks, well balance.. The SMG's are the way to go, they easily overpower most if not every other weapon in the game at almost all ranges.
    And yes, it still has the Quake 4 graphics engine with some modifications..
    Combine all this and you have a very lackluster game. I can't believe Treyarch developed a game for two years only to come up with this over hyped disappointment of a video game.
    Not only that, this game does not feel like Black Ops at all, it feels like a modded Modern Warfare game. Black Ops 1 was a superior title, not only in gameplay but also when it comes to originality and general atmosphere of the game, you put up with it's flaws because it was fun to play.
    This game however, is not. Why critics give this game such a high score is beyond me, because Black Ops 2 runs the franchise further into the ground instead of giving it a breath of fresh air. Steer clear of this one people, you will lament wasting your money on this.
  97. Jan 8, 2013
    Honestly, CODBLOPS is the downfall of modern gaming. Now you have to play this to be considered a "true gamer," and that's a pretty terrible president to be set. The same game comes out every year with a different skin and, like Madden and NBA, everyone just laps it right up. This is the game everyone looks at when they look at gamers as a whole and I find that repugnant. The only thingHonestly, CODBLOPS is the downfall of modern gaming. Now you have to play this to be considered a "true gamer," and that's a pretty terrible president to be set. The same game comes out every year with a different skin and, like Madden and NBA, everyone just laps it right up. This is the game everyone looks at when they look at gamers as a whole and I find that repugnant. The only thing that could make this situation worse is if EA published it. Expand
  98. Jan 14, 2013
    A fun game at times but the multiplayer is nothing new and gets boring after a day or two. The campaign is a bit entertaining but the only time you get to use new gadgets is normally once and is to just get to the next objective. If you're lucky you'll get 20 seconds with your new gadget. Anyway, bad campaign and a bad multiplayer. The Zombies mode is alright but soon gets boring seeing asA fun game at times but the multiplayer is nothing new and gets boring after a day or two. The campaign is a bit entertaining but the only time you get to use new gadgets is normally once and is to just get to the next objective. If you're lucky you'll get 20 seconds with your new gadget. Anyway, bad campaign and a bad multiplayer. The Zombies mode is alright but soon gets boring seeing as there is basically only one map. Expand
  99. Mar 3, 2013
    I have a great idea for a video game. You control a character that just runs around and gets killed from other characters behind him. Then you respawn and do it all over again. You just die and die and die some more. Doesn't this sound like fun? Well to the people at Activision this sounds like a great idea. The multiplayer maps are way too small. Because these maps are so small itI have a great idea for a video game. You control a character that just runs around and gets killed from other characters behind him. Then you respawn and do it all over again. You just die and die and die some more. Doesn't this sound like fun? Well to the people at Activision this sounds like a great idea. The multiplayer maps are way too small. Because these maps are so small it becomes a game of being in the right place at the right time. Which unfortunately takes the emphasis away from skill. This is a total exercise in frustration. This has to be the worst multiplayer of any video game ever. It's certainly the most frustrating ever. How can anyone think this was a good idea? I am all done with the Call of Getting Killed From Behind series. Expand
  100. Apr 22, 2013
    Ah, the Call of Duty franchise… What can be said about it which hasn’t been said so many times by so many people? It’s seems to be a franchise which continues to divide the waters of gamers: You either love it or hate it. There really doesn’t seem to be any middle ground on this one.
    So where do I personally stand?
    My problem with this particular FPS franchise lies very much with the
    So where do I personally stand?
    My problem with this particular FPS franchise lies very much with the developer, Treyarch, the overprotecting parents of game developers. Treyarch seems to live in constant fear of relinquishing some of their control of the game to the player, leading to one of the most scripted and linear shooter franchises on the market, at least up to this point. One notable thing about Black Ops 2 is that there are attempts from Treyarch to give more control to the player, but then it seems like they regretted their decision and pulls the players right back where they want them.
    One notable example of this is in Afghanistan where you have to stop a Russian assault with heavy armour, helicopters and infantry while on horseback. This initially seems like opening up for a bigger area with more freedom of movement and ways to take out the tanks and helicopters. However, this turns out just to be show, because in fact the whole stage isn’t as big as it would have you believe, there are really no options as to how to approach taking out the tanks and helicopters, and if you try to stray just a little bit, you are without warning killed off for going off the map.
    It seems like Treyarch tried a more open level design, but then thought better of it, making the player feel like a dog who just got a longer leash. Surprised by this it starts to run to stretch its legs only to get pulled back with a neck breaking jerk.
    Another attempt are a couple of tactical Strike Missions, which try to blend some real-time strategy into the franchise as well as giving the single player campaign a multiplayer “feel”. Now, this would have been a welcomed addition if it had been executed better than it actually is.
    The problem is twofold: First of all the strategy is extremely simplistic, leaving you with only four different squads at your command, and only being able to tell them where they to go using a quite useless overhead tactical map which I never used. You can then jump into any individual squad member and control it, whether a soldier, a gun turret, a rolling gun turret, or a small, slow walking tank. And this leads to the second problem: The AI. You get more out of just going commando on the enemy and try to do the tasks yourself, than rely on the orders given to your squads, as they will be killed off faster than a sloth on the MI5. On several occasions I have also seen squads taking the longest, and most enemy infested route possible to the destination I had set for them, resulting in them getting massacred in seconds.
    These strike missions are fortunately optional, but they are still frustrating to play.
    Other than that there really is nothing new in the single player campaign which, as usual for the franchise, is as short as ever and plays out more like a Michael Bay movie than anything else, though the cutscenes and set-pieces are as spectacular as ever.
    What really gets to me with this franchise is Treyarch’s reluctance to let go of the player’s hand. At one point you are on the side of a cliff, swinging on a line with you buddy using "high-tech gloves of the future" to stick to the side. Now, rather than actually letting the players do it on their own and actually climb around on a cliff surface, the whole thing is done with a tedious quick-time event.
    The following section which sees you gliding over mountains could have been a lot of fun, if it weren’t for the fact that it might as well have been set in a tunnel, as straying even a few meters too far from Treyarch’s very short leash will result in a restart.
    It's the same story with the "stealth". As usual you are left blindly playing "follow the leader", failure to do so results in you being discovered even if in cover.
    And that’s really my whole problem with the franchise and Black Ops 2. There are so many things which could have been so cool if you were just allowed to actually DO it.
    I like just a minimum of freedom and a minimum of control in my games and this franchise gives me neither.
    It treats the player like a little child learning how to cross a street, and never ever at any time does it let go of the player’s hand, squeezing it to a point of stopping blood circulation.
    That said, the multiplayer is still quite solid (if you liked it before) with a new league feature and other additions. The Zombies are back, but this time they are actually the most boring and quite ugly part of the game
    So other than the Strike Missions, Black Ops 2 is very much business as usual.
    If you like the franchise you won’t be disappointed, and if you like me don’t see what all the fuss is about… well, you still won’t.
  101. Apr 29, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is just another copy/paste/edit game. You search for a terrorist, surprise? Not so much. The gunplay is once again the same as it always has been. Just point and shoot and nothing interesting to mix in between. The multiplayer is just as tedious considering its nothing but more hard work for no rewards besides guns and stuff.

Lets face it, its a bandwagon that is milking the

Lets face it, its a bandwagon that is milking the gamers dry of good money they could be spending on a brighter game. Call of duty isn't worth it anymore people, so why not play something more fresh?

2. Jan 19, 2013