4.7

1. Mar 3, 2013
    Treyarch and Activision made a wonderful game Call of Duty Black Ops 1 but also this game was really good. The whole Call of Duty series is good personally MW2 was the best.
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    I have a great idea for a video game. You control a character that just runs around and gets killed from other characters behind him. Then you respawn and do it all over again. You just die and die and die some more. Doesn't this sound like fun? Well to the people at Activision this sounds like a great idea. The multiplayer maps are way too small. Because these maps are so small itI have a great idea for a video game. You control a character that just runs around and gets killed from other characters behind him. Then you respawn and do it all over again. You just die and die and die some more. Doesn't this sound like fun? Well to the people at Activision this sounds like a great idea. The multiplayer maps are way too small. Because these maps are so small it becomes a game of being in the right place at the right time. Which unfortunately takes the emphasis away from skill. This is a total exercise in frustration. This has to be the worst multiplayer of any video game ever. It's certainly the most frustrating ever. How can anyone think this was a good idea? I am all done with the Call of Getting Killed From Behind series. Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    Although similar to previous CoD games, Black Ops 2 had new and exciting missions and a cliff-hanging campaign, taking the action to the next level. With new weapons, locations, and tactical exploits, I recommend this game to any gamer of the FPS genre. Not only are the graphics ideal, but they are suited for directx11 and all future OS installments. For a great time and addictingAlthough similar to previous CoD games, Black Ops 2 had new and exciting missions and a cliff-hanging campaign, taking the action to the next level. With new weapons, locations, and tactical exploits, I recommend this game to any gamer of the FPS genre. Not only are the graphics ideal, but they are suited for directx11 and all future OS installments. For a great time and addicting multiplayer, pick Black Ops 2! Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2013
    is this a call of duty game? yes. does it play like call of duty yes! is that a bad thing? well.....in my and many others opinion...YES!! they have been using the same formula since modern warfare 1! now yes of course they have added extremly minor new features, yes i get that. the only thing this game is truly good for honestly is its zombies mode.
  5. Apr 21, 2013
    By far the worst call of duty game I have ever played. MW2 was my first call of duty and that was by far the best one for sure. black ops was good too, i had no problem with that. MW3 was terrible and then Black ops 2. it just shows me this series is dying very quickly. only because call of duty is really siding torwards one side of the audience only. MLG's. which is cool and all but whatBy far the worst call of duty game I have ever played. MW2 was my first call of duty and that was by far the best one for sure. black ops was good too, i had no problem with that. MW3 was terrible and then Black ops 2. it just shows me this series is dying very quickly. only because call of duty is really siding torwards one side of the audience only. MLG's. which is cool and all but what about the other average audience that doesnt spend hours on call of duty practicing to be pro? whatever happened to just having fun?
    i was hoping quickscoping would disappear since it did in the first black ops which was great, unfortunately it came back and worse than ever before. you're shooting the hell out of a guy and in the meantime he pops off a shot and no scopes you, one shot kill. so stupid. in mw2 i first played very stealthy cuz thats my sort of gameplay style, silencer, cold blooded so no air support can see me, ninja, & claymores cuz i never have good game for grenades. but now as the games move on, they're forcing people to be more run and gun instead of campers. which is stupid because people are going to camp regardless. all the time, everytime. it's never going to end. so just stop and let them do what they want to do. the spawn points are so confusing and frustrating as well which forces the average player to run around like an idiot and spray their gun hoping their connection beats the other persons. that's another thing about this game too, i'd be shooting the hell out of a guy first but he would somehow kill me. this is by far the most frustrating game ever too.
    i literally have lost interest in this game too maybe a month in.
    i definitely dont recommend buying it. i might just have to find a new series thats actually worth playing than pissing me off all the time becuase of its bullcrap in it. i can guarantee you that if infinity ward employees hadnt gotten fired, they fixed one man army/noob toob, took out the ridiculous commando lunge, and still put out new maps.....people would still be playing MW2 to this day
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4.The only thing this game is good for is being a time waster, a very expensive time waster. You pay 60 dollars for the same game you've been getting every year thinking "this one will actually be good!" but no, you get 5-7 hour single-player campaign that i'm guessing no one even plays. Call of duty is all about their multi-player which hasn't made any significant change since CoD 4. Different guns with the same stats as the previous games. Do not buy it. if you want to spend 60 dollars in order to screw yourself, buy a really nice instead. Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    Treyarch's Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is an excellent game. From its Past to Future storyline Campaign which has points in the story that let you pick what you will do and influence the story later in the game to the Multiplayer gameplay which now includes a mode for competitive gamers like myself. This is by far one of the better Call of Duty's I have played. Also the Zombies side of thingsTreyarch's Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is an excellent game. From its Past to Future storyline Campaign which has points in the story that let you pick what you will do and influence the story later in the game to the Multiplayer gameplay which now includes a mode for competitive gamers like myself. This is by far one of the better Call of Duty's I have played. Also the Zombies side of things returns and if you get tired of playing the campaign and multiplayer and you want to do something different you will enjoy killing herds of zombies while trying to find out what led to the outbreak in the first place. Expand
  8. May 11, 2013
    The call of duty is my favoruite FPS serial.And this game brings a possibility to choose a one of the 5 ends.This isn't a best Cod,but it's very good because it brings lot of new things in CoD series,like a optional Strike Force missions,5 ways to end a game,two stories and more.
  9. Jun 17, 2013
    When it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affectsWhen it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affects the outcome of the game it was really great. I felt that the single-player was the best of all the Call of Duty's to-date, just surpassing Black Ops 1's single-player. The zombies mode felt like it was done before and better at that, but that's not saying there isn't any fun to be had here, quite the opposite actually. The implementation of easter eggs in a desirable achievement wrapping makes it all the more fun when you're plowing through hundreds of zombies with your friends. The Tranzit map was definitely blown way out of proportion at E3 and what not, saying that a bus drives you all over an entire country-side to randomized locations and a huge open-world sandbox. All of that wasn't true. It was a set course that drives you from one location after the other, and I believe there are five of them. All in the same order. Anyways, about the multiplayer. I felt that it was one of the best multiplayers of all the CoD's, but I felt that they definitely took big missteps in their marketing strategies and the actual quality of the DLC maps. All of the DLC maps except a few are literally HORRIBLE. No innovation or even attraction in any way and the strategic placement of the objects is basically non existent. Anyways, this is one of the best CoD's to date and I think that if you enjoyed MW2 and/or MW3 than you will enjoy this one. Expand
  10. Jul 1, 2013
    Okay, obviously this review is late and will probably be pointless by now, but here is my opinion on the entire game. Now, take note I have reached Prestige Master in Multiplayer and have beaten the story.

Now, Black Ops 2 is certainly a change of scene within the Call of Duty universe, the story while not the best or even the most interesting will keep you fixated on your screen on the few hours it takes to beat due to the many amount of endings that could happen due to YOUR choices. Now, this was a great thing to add and I personally felt this gave the singleplayer a bit more replay value.

Multiplayer: Well, after almost a year of playing and hitting Prestige Master (vMerqz, xbox360), here is my view, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 contains (personally) the most balanced Call of Duty experience to date, any problems I have had in the past have been fixed with the Treyarch hotfix patches that generally come out every week or two, it has gotten to the point that I am fully satisfied with what I bought. The multiplayer has a ton of replay value due to the many things you could unlock differently every prestige, however this might get boring to the general gamer and might leave you irritated considering how long it takes to get from 1 to 55.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies.. come a long way from World at War, running on the multiplayer engine, yet it lacks what I'd call anything interesting, however, if you're willing to fork out $15 and buy some of the recently released DLC which includes new Zombies maps, you will find that these are far more better than those released with the game and you might have a more enjoyable experience that way.
  11. Jul 2, 2013
    Very well balanced. Guns, perks and equipment contain no single item that every pro player uses; in fact, you'll be surprised to find more variety amongst the best players than the mediocre. Multiplayer is more enjoyable than ever.
    The campaign, however, isn't really anything special. The choice matters, but gameplay remains the same as ever.
    Zombies is also an improved mode over Black
    Zombies is also an improved mode over Black Ops; both graphically and in gameplay. Secrets and easter eggs will keeps fans of the mode coming back over and over.
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Call of duty black ops 2 is the recent game in the series. Black ops 2 story is great for Call of duty standard's but there are problems with it. The multiplayer is better than ever with the pick 10 classes and using tokens is better than using Cod points in the original black ops. Finally the zombie mode is like the same as black ops and the modes (tranzit, gular, and survive) feel theCall of duty black ops 2 is the recent game in the series. Black ops 2 story is great for Call of duty standard's but there are problems with it. The multiplayer is better than ever with the pick 10 classes and using tokens is better than using Cod points in the original black ops. Finally the zombie mode is like the same as black ops and the modes (tranzit, gular, and survive) feel the same. Call of duty black ops 2 is great and if our a fan of the series you may enjoy it, but it doesn't beat Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare in story. Expand
  13. Sep 18, 2013
    Just a big disappointment. The story is nothing new and the online is broken in so many ways. As usual the story is as boring as ever and nothing exciting comes into play. The online is by far the worst of all the CoD series.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    After playing Ghosts this game is gold. Plus the engine doesnt make me feel like Im playing CoD 4. CoD 2 is better than Ghosts. 10/10 for a game that works.
  15. Nov 2, 2014
    first off THIS IS THE SAME GAME AS BLACK OPS THE GAME IS BORING AND TERRIBLE THE STORY ISN'T INTERSTING BAD GRAPHICS BEARLY ANY IMPORVMENTS OVER MODERN WARFARE 3
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    Great Game, im guessing the people giving out Zero's haven't even played it. Happens every year, for some reason alot of people get offended by a popular game and a company making money, i think thats what companies are supposed to do.

Anyway dont let these immature people deter you from buying it, lots of fun.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    "CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money"CoD. . . CoD never changes." I'm disgusted to see how many more of these Treyarch is willing to release. I can't fathom the amount of people going out there and buying one CoD after the next, only to expect the same gameplay, graphics etc. Changing the gun sounds, tweaking their engine, and adding new guns won't satisfy any FPS player looking for something innovative. I'm saving my money for a team who's patient on their release dates, and as no game is ever finished when released, the Dice team puts more effort into their games than the CoD franchise ever will, I'm putting my bets on BF4, and until it comes out, I'll be playing BF3. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    If you are a long time fan of the Call of Duty franchise I would advise you to stay away, Call of Duty has not been the same since Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops 2 is a just another turd dropped in the toilet of FPS turds.

Black Ops 2 is a giant mess of a game, not much has changed, and the things that were changed have very little impact on the actual gameplay/setting. Black Ops 2 boasts future warfare, yet I am still able to make a class based around knifing people and end up on the top of the leaderboards. The weapons have not changed much, there is very little recoil, the differences between an LMG and SMG is next to none. The best way to describe this game is if Medal of Honor and Black Ops had rough sex and this is bastard child of that one night stand. The token unlock system is nice, I enjoy sacrificing certain things for more perks, but none of that matters, because there is very little difference between the weapons. From what I have seen, once people reach a certain level, everyone choose the Microwaver thingy, and camps in a corner. I remember this game touting the fact that it is anti-camper, have you seen the blackest night shadows in the broad daylight levels, you are practically invisible. The maps are way too big, not enough players to fill the maps, and the game modes are tired/old. The achievement system compared to MW3's achievement system is like comparing a mongoloid to Einstein. Play this game if you enjoy looking at or making emblems of chick's buttholes, because that is all the craze with the kids these days.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    The game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stayThe game isn't very fun. I played for about 2 hours and found the game very boring after about the first hour. And horses aren't exactly futuristic, If Activison and the 20 other companies they have to make these games would take time to plan them out and create an engine that would make the game look good then maybe I would give the franchise another chance. Other than that it will stay as a rental. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 equals Activision's copy and paste tactic just to make a yearly quick cash in. They ran Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero into the ground with the same tactic and they are doing the same with Call of Duty. Do not buy to send Activision a message that its not acceptable rehashing and rereleasing the same game yearly. Buy BF3 or Halo 4 instead.
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    i am not accepting graphics from 2007 and a gameplay that reapeats the whole same crap for the 1000x time.

its not even like i PLAY a game? its auotaime, autoheal auto.... get me out of here...
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    I am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will alwaysI am not sorry I had to put this but Treyarch always hypes up their games with great advertisements then there is the big disappointment when you buy the game, this game is pretty much Black Ops 1 with minor improvements in multiplayer. On the other hand there is Zombies which is great with the innovation but multiplayer is just outright HORRIBLE and Infinity Ward's Multiplayer will always be better regardless. Campaign is eh the usual. I just like Treyarch's Games for the Zombies sorry to tell you Simple Chart
    Multiplayer Singleplayer Other Gametype(Zombies/Spec Ops) -Infinity Ward -Infinity Ward -Treyarch
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    People, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for thePeople, don't listen to all the COD haters, this is by far the best COD game yet, with improvements in every single aspect. The graphics are great and the zombies and multiplayer mode are better than ever. The campaign is espescially great, with the abilities to change the story outcome with choice. If you liked past games you'll love this. Anyone giving this a 0/10 is just hating for the sake of hating. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    GOOD REVIEW: All these user reviews are ridiculous, this is a great game. All these countless comments saying "Bad campaign, bad zombies, bad multiplayer" truly are just hating on the series. Call of Duty games feel the same, that's a given! Want a new game that doesn't play like a CoD game? Buy Warfighter and see how satisfied you are. The game flourishes off of its simplistic controlsGOOD REVIEW: All these user reviews are ridiculous, this is a great game. All these countless comments saying "Bad campaign, bad zombies, bad multiplayer" truly are just hating on the series. Call of Duty games feel the same, that's a given! Want a new game that doesn't play like a CoD game? Buy Warfighter and see how satisfied you are. The game flourishes off of its simplistic controls and addicting gameplay, why mess with the secret formula? The multiplayer in my opinion is most comparable (gun play wise) to CoD 4. The hit boxes are much cleaner, so kills are quick, but shots have to be on target. People say its the same old game, this is far from the truth. The multiplayer is built from the ground up (obviously keeping the same feel and inevitable game modes/menus and such). No longer is it just another game where guns my look different but play the same (EX: Famas [MW2] Type 95 [MW3]). There is plenty of variety, from a burst fire-high cyclic rate SMGs, to LMGs that steady during sustained fire, to guns with different trigger sensitivity, to 4 burst and 2 burst assault rifles. The game has changed. Maps are colorful and through playing can remind you of maps from every CoD game. The entire multiplayer menu system is revamped and awesome, the Pick 10 changes gameplay drastically. Single player is what you would expect with any CoD game (frankly who buys CoD for single player?) . Zombies is awesome, playing a game of TranZit you could leave and join session with your friends, and the gameplay is addicting. But what it all comes down to is the multiplayer. It's impossible to give it a true review on 2 days, just look how the tone of MW3 changed after release, but from what I have seen, and after playing every CoD game since Finest Hour I can tell you if you are a CoD fan, or a video game fan in general, then you won't be disappointed. I feel like people want to hate CoD, that's what these user reviews are. It's embarrassing, we buy the game, we play it, if you can't tell me the countless hours you will spend on this game isn't worth even 5/10 from your angry mind then you don't know what a good video game is. I made this account just so people would know the truth, don't listen to these spammers playing devils advocate, they are just pissing and moaning a classic rant about the repetitiveness of a series. I'm pretty positive we all saw this coming, the formula doesn't change, and it shouldn't. I want CoD to feel like CoD and in that respect this game succeeds in holding true to its name, but breaking more barriers then let's say, MW3. If you want a game with engaging multiplayer you will have a hard time putting down, a singles later campaign not afraid to take risks, and a zombies mode destined to keep you up till 3 am dead-bolted to the screen then this is a game you should get. But don't take it from me, take it from some of the other user reviews who's history show them copy and pasting the same review to different games.. Talk about in depth Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Online is a blast zombies better than ever, a great change of pace. If you love the series you'll defiantly love this entry. Haven't delved into the campaign but we know what we're here for.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This franchise has not changed it fundamentals ever, just same old every year.
    Even as they make billions they spend nothing to improve the games, graphics are old, sound is bad, gameplay is just broken in today's market. 2012
    My last COD ever, fool me once...
  28. Nov 21, 2012
    BLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially theBLOPS 2 is a really good game, but never hits a great status. The campaign is really good and honestly, its actually a bit of fun on how you can actually change the outcome of the ending depending if you failed certain objectives or whatnot. The characters are classic COD but they arent annoying and while the plot is semi predictable, its still quite a bit of fun to play [especially the Afgan mission]. However, the top-down special forces missions are really not memorable and they are kinda difficult to use. Its also a little frusterating making those mission what determines if you get a good or bad ending. but whatever, its peanuts.

Mutliplayer is just the same stuff you are used to. Still tons of fun and addicting [everything feels more balanced] and kill streaks seem more reasonable. Maps arent all that great however. And the pistol as a secondary is ACTUALLY USEFUL for once. What I mean by that is just that pistols previously were decent in the campaign but always useless against players online. You always seemed really impervious to pistols and its nice to have a backup weapon that actually does damage that isnt a machine pistol.
    ZOMBIES: fun, addicting, and has a ton of eastereggs or little secrets you can unlock. The Bad? some annoying bugs, really difficult if you dont know what you are doing or what to do in Tranzit [not self explanatory]. The characters you are playing are also not memorable and have [from what it seems] less quips and lines than the previous games. They repeat the same thing over and over again to the point its noticable the first time you play it. Also, the bus idea is really cool and fun, BUT its there you can fall out of the map and die inexplicably, also, they shouldve turned collision off in the bus. Super and I mean SUPER FRIGGIN ANNOYING to have 4 people on a bus that is the size of a tin can. is it defensible? kinda yeah, but almost impossible later one due to the fact that eveyrone is getting stuck on everyone and cant shoot straight. However, long story short, its still a really fun game mode to play [PLEASE FIX THIS BY PATCHING THIS TREYARCH! :)]

Overall, its more of the same, and thats not really a bad thing. Graphics are outdated though but thats really just a minor annoyance]
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    Another re-hash. Every iteration seem's like an add-on/expansion. Nothing new or innovative about this series. It still uses the same graphics engine from 2007. The sound is sub-par compared to other games such as the Battlefield series.

Played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    This may be the best game in the series. If not, then it is definitely up there. The campaign is well constructed with an added feature to customize your load-out before each mission starts and new strike force mission give some variety to the story. Multiplayer is now very creative with many new possibilities for class set-ups. There is much more variety in the game now. It may not beThis may be the best game in the series. If not, then it is definitely up there. The campaign is well constructed with an added feature to customize your load-out before each mission starts and new strike force mission give some variety to the story. Multiplayer is now very creative with many new possibilities for class set-ups. There is much more variety in the game now. It may not be perfect, but it is a start. I am sure that the next game in the series will expand this further. This has been the most enjoyable fps I have played this year. A lot of time and effort was put into making this game what it is. Respect the people that made it and don't hate because it is "just another CoD game". Two years of development were put into this game and it has not disappointed me at all. I had high expectations for this game and lack Ops 2 surpassed them. Congrats and thank you Treyarch for making such a wonderful game. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    Taking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly oneTaking what other people/critics have said before about the people giving "0" scores being trolls, there is no real reason to give it a flat-out zero. A zero to me would be if the game did not work period, or every single little itty-bitty thing in the game was flawed to the point of not working. Anyways, on to the review. So, my thoughts on the campaign is this. The story is possibly one of the best, if not the best story to date in Call Of Duty history, considering they did get David S. Goyer, the co-writer of The Batman trilogy by Christopher Nolan, to write the script. Sure it's got the same intense, "everything blows up" parts, but it's got a kind of quieter side to it, and that's the part that really just gets you. Also, the choices you are allowed to make throughout the campaign that can affect the story dramatically are a nice edition. Of course, one thing that does bother me is the Strike Force missions, when the bots basically go "full-retard" and not do much. In other words, they're just dummies there that you have to control for virtually the entirety of the missions. MY CAMPAIGN SCORE: 8.5 / 10. Now on to the multiplayer that most everyone normally seems to buy the game for. Sure, it's the same basic gameplay from just about every other Call of Duty game out there: shoot to kill or play the objective. However, the new futuristic set-up(weapons, score streaks, and other new "upgrades") along with new modes are fun to play with. Sure there are glitches here and there that can potentially eff up the game, but doesn't just about every game have that? Nothing is perfect, but the still intense, fast-paced gameplay is always something to look forward to in my opinion. MY MULTIPLAYER SCORE 8.5-9 / 10. Now for zombies, which seems or seemed like the most positive thing that the general public looked forward to. With a different set-up of the look and feel for the mode, the zombies mode has definitely been improved in some aspects. The new "Grief" mode in which two teams of 4 face off to see which team can survive longer is definitely something to look forward to if you enjoy playing zombies whilst "trolling" other people. However, nothing seems too different besides just a few added things and different weapons. However, it still is a fun aspect of the game and always fun to play(with friends especially). MY ZOMBIES SCORES: 7.5-8/10. Hope this review helps if you are even slightly interested in buying it. I would suggest it, definitely, since it is probably one of the better Call of Duty game in the series overall. Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    This is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from myThis is basically the same thing as those Sports games, NHL, FIFA and son on. Just a yearly update with a few new things added to the old core game. If you're ok with that, then no problem. I am not. I never understood people who buy those sports games every year, don't understand CoD-fanatics either. It's just same **** different package. And NO I didn't buy it, I borrowed it for from my friend, who hated it. I hate it too. **** you Treyarch & Infinity Ward, **** you Call of Duty, **** you fan boys, **** your copy-paste style of game development. Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the worst game i have ever played, why did they ruin this series!!!!!!! I used to like it, MW3 was bad so i though this will be bettter but it wasn't, i'm sad, i i used to like this game series but now i hate, i really hate it with a passion, this game is bad, stop lying to yourselfs and go buy a real game.
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    A massive disappointment, barely any better than Modern Warfare 3. How anyone can rate the same game a 9/10 is beyond me. Halo 4 is the only answer left in the FPS genre, don't be a casual, buy Halo 4.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself.Anyone who gave this game a zero is without a doubt just a Call of Duty hater or went online last night after they bought it and got destroyed in multiplayer. Take out your noob anger somewhere else because this game is tons of fun with extremely high replay value. Giving a zero for this game absolutely annihilates your repuation on this website and you essentially embarrassed yourself. See the rest of you guys online! Expand
  36. Nov 14, 2012
    This game comes with a whole new world of call of duty we have never seen before with new zombies to the campaign based in the future and now my favorite part the multiplayer which to me is the best part of the game although it isn't the best call of duty it is still a must get.
  37. Nov 16, 2012
    First I want to say that the game has only been out for 3 days and people are saying that this is the worst COD yet? They are complaining about connection problems? The game is going to be hard to deal with at first, 1 million copies were sold on launch days so the servers are packed. This is the same problem that happened with MW3. Give it a week or two. In my opinion I think this is theFirst I want to say that the game has only been out for 3 days and people are saying that this is the worst COD yet? They are complaining about connection problems? The game is going to be hard to deal with at first, 1 million copies were sold on launch days so the servers are packed. This is the same problem that happened with MW3. Give it a week or two. In my opinion I think this is the best of the COD series. I think it is really diverse from the other COD games. People are pissed because they have to do some work for a change in the game. Not just go around and get kill so you can level up faster. This game is more team based not rush and hope you get a lot of kills by the end of the game so you can level up a bunch. So for all the haters calm down and wait for a few patches and wait for them to fix up on the servers. The game is great or they would not have made $500 million. If you don't like the game go sell it or give it to someone that doesn't have it and your problems will go away. Don't just complain and say that the game sucks and that its the worst one. People put a lot of time and money into this game give them some credit where it is due. Expand
  38. Nov 13, 2012
    I don't understand why so many people rates this game with a 0. You don't like the game? OK, but please, be a little more serious. Not even Superman for N64 deserves a 0...
  39. Nov 14, 2012
    The is the best of the Call of duty Games in the franchise. Brilliant story line the best multiplayer around. Zombies is also another nice edition offering some of the best maps so far as well as the new transit mode. Overall this is an epic game that deserves praise for changing the series more than the any other call of duty games apart from Call of duty 4.
  40. Nov 15, 2012
    Buying Black Ops 2 is like buying a burger that has some sort of "add on" that makes it seem tastier. E.g. burger with added hot spicy onion rings or some special sauce.

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks..... Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down

Essentially you're purchasing the same game but with some minor tweaks.....

Black Ops 2- Futuristic setting, Multiple endings, Choose 2 choices in game which lead you back to the same linear path (i.e. rappel down and fight enemies in close quarter combat ? or be a sniper and support your allies?)

A good attempt at being innovative. Robots, future tech.... meh.................

Graphics- No changes

Multiplayer- Same thing

Zombies: Yeah, I admit this is better than Black Ops and fun with friends, but still.... meh

But at the end of the day, this is my opinion so don't be hating on me

Although I applaud Black Ops 2's marketing campaign of getting all these celebrities in one promo video, so that was good
  41. Nov 16, 2012
    The hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot ofThe hate for this game is based strictly because it has "Call of Duty" in the title, the game is a step in the right direction don't let the negatives fool you. First, the campaign which was written by David Goyer (writer of TDK trilogy) and it's easily the best to date. Multiplayer is better than ever with more customization than ever, you'll have a blast. Lastly (the reason alot of internet users buy this) zombies, I'll be honest this is why I gave this a 10 because it's just too awesome this time around. Expand
  42. Nov 13, 2012
    I am so sick of hearing people whine about COD games! Why do people say they waited in line and were so excited about the game, then say oh it's just the same old crap and its boring and the AI sucks and blah blah. It's COD people! you know what you're getting before you even buy the game, so dont **** about how you just wasted $60, trolls!!! It still remains one of the best FPS in historyI am so sick of hearing people whine about COD games! Why do people say they waited in line and were so excited about the game, then say oh it's just the same old crap and its boring and the AI sucks and blah blah. It's COD people! you know what you're getting before you even buy the game, so dont **** about how you just wasted $60, trolls!!! It still remains one of the best FPS in history and a great online multiplayer experience. If you don't like what's popular simply because it's popular, then go listen to your underground techno music and leave us be. Expand
  43. Nov 14, 2012
    "No differences," people who haven't played this game will say that. Single-player has at least three different endings (that I know of), it involves choices, not many, but it tries to change the linear feeling of ALL fps games. The campaign also INTRODUCED strike force missions, I have to admit it was poorly executed, in my opinion, but it introduces strategy to the campaign of COD. The"No differences," people who haven't played this game will say that. Single-player has at least three different endings (that I know of), it involves choices, not many, but it tries to change the linear feeling of ALL fps games. The campaign also INTRODUCED strike force missions, I have to admit it was poorly executed, in my opinion, but it introduces strategy to the campaign of COD. The campaign allows you to choose your own gun for each mission, small detail, but it helps. Yes, if you are a marathon video game player, the game does get boring, but all games do. Zombies also changed a lot, no need to go into that area, mostly because I haven't played zombies a whole bunch: multiple pack-a-punch uses, the work bench thing, other stuff. Multi-player introduces a new "Pick-ten" system (weapon loadout), a new sensitivity system, a different feel (for me), Pointstreaks, camping "restrictions," etc. The sounds are magnificent, they also help throw you into the game, I loved the colors of the game, I feel like they did a good job. Graphics aren't the best, but the game runs at an average of 60 frames per second, so don't complain; by the way who cares about graphics, I grew up with crappy graphics for games, so I see that the game play is what matters; for my experience to this point, I find the game to be amazing, one of the best COD's, I don't want to say "since COD 4" because that just makes me sound like a kid who has never played COD before, even though I played all since COD 2. If you are on the edge to buy it, go to amazon and wait for used games to pop up, they are usually at an extremely lowered price, I find that it is worth spending $60 on it, it is a fun game, the campaign, the multiplayer..... and the zombies (fingers crossed.) People mostly rate 0's because they haven't played the game, they just want to troll, so if you want a better and more honest review, go to youtube and watch "First Impression" videos from some commentators, and find the good and bad things in the game. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    It's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of theIt's funny how people still buy call of duty. Xbox 360 players are not only paying for Xbox live at least once a year, but also paying for the same **** COD game that comes out every year. Literally, I think call of duty is one of the only games that comes to my mind that doesn't improve its graphics from game to game. If anything, its graphics get WORSE every year. If you are one of the idiots that still buys Call of Duty every year, go ahead and get this 60$ map pack. If you actually have a brain, don't buy this **** If you have never bought a call of duty game, just buy Black ops 1. It's the same game, but it's cheaper now. Until people put their foot down and say no to this bandwagon game, they'll keep releasing the same game every year just for your hard earned cash. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is a good game period. Everyone is judging it on being the same as the older versions. If this rating system was to be this way any sports game should all have a 1. Assassins Creed 3 should have like a 2. Halo should have a 1 as well. If you dont like Black Ops 2 then thats fine but you should have more of a reason than that its like the other games in the franchise. If youBlack Ops 2 is a good game period. Everyone is judging it on being the same as the older versions. If this rating system was to be this way any sports game should all have a 1. Assassins Creed 3 should have like a 2. Halo should have a 1 as well. If you dont like Black Ops 2 then thats fine but you should have more of a reason than that its like the other games in the franchise. If you insist on comparing them, you shouldnt compare it to Modern Warfare because they are from complete different developers. If anything you can compare it to WAW and BLOPS, its a pretty good game. You can tell that Treyarch tries to make a great game and and overall the suceed. Expand
  46. Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, I guess we now know where all the COD haters congregate. A user score hovering around 4.2 is complete and utter BS. This game is through and through fantastic. To all those saying that nothing has changed, what rock have you been hiding under? With the implementation of the Pick 10 system and scorestreaks this completely changes the game going forward. Those are only two of the manyWow, I guess we now know where all the COD haters congregate. A user score hovering around 4.2 is complete and utter BS. This game is through and through fantastic. To all those saying that nothing has changed, what rock have you been hiding under? With the implementation of the Pick 10 system and scorestreaks this completely changes the game going forward. Those are only two of the many changes that the franchise needed and made. I'm giving this a 10 out of 10 not to skew the ratings but rather because it deserves that rating. This is the best fps game on XBOX 360 (right there with Halo 4) that we are going to get. Expand
  47. Nov 13, 2012
    Way too many haters trying to bring down the user rating. Just look at their profiles and you'll see. Idiots like VidsRule,LoLthe Owl,Azazel1911 aand more are just tryimmg to bring the score down. Do you really think these loser haters have the $ to buy BLOPS2 on every system? Be smart not like them
  48. Nov 13, 2012
    Do not know why i wasted my money on this franchise again.
    Graphics are still **** gameplay is the same, campaign is still heavily scripted and very linear and the strike force missions are ALRIGHT at best

cannot wait for mw4 -.-
  49. Nov 13, 2012
    It seems like these people are just sick of call of duty. Go play other games then. Lol stop disliking it because your 13 and you can't play it. Grow Up I enjoyed the game
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. God Bless America. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Video game propaganda. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. DiShoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.e. Respawn. Zombies. Americans are all consuming zombies. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
    Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Terrible. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn. Shoot. Kill. Die. Respawn.
  51. Nov 15, 2012
    -4 player split screen zombies
    -score streaks are awesome
    -balls
  52. Nov 18, 2012
    People voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the TreyarchPeople voting this down are probably just watching videos on youtube and basing their reviews on that, like the typical Call of Duty hating trolls. Black Ops 2 is an amazing game. Multiplayer is refreshing with the Pick 10 system, Zombies TranZit is genius and The Campaign is amazing. I will be the first to admit that the Modern Warfare series is stale and outdated, but the Treyarch series is always original, engrossing and addictive. If Battlefield sold as much as Call of Duty, would you hate that franchise too? My gut instinct is yes. Success brings haters. But thank god the non-trolls out number the trolls by roughly 220:50. Check the sales, compare it to the hating trolls giving it 1' and 2's. I rest my case. Expand
  53. Nov 18, 2012
    greatest shooting game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    Black Ops II is the classic Call of Duty blue print at its best, with new ideas that only bring a positive experience for us gamers. The new game features involving drone warfare, the high tech but still possible weaponry and the attention to detail in the believably futuristic world of Blacks Op II brings an awesome Fps shooter to our game library.
  55. Nov 14, 2012
    Can't believe all of the zeros. I'm writing this review based on the multiplayer alone. Its great. Everything I love about cod multi player plus the inclusion of new modes , the new pick 10 system new weapons perks and score streak instead of killstreak (so players will actually help in objective based games instead of trying to rack up a high kd ratio) are all awesome. I'm guessing mostCan't believe all of the zeros. I'm writing this review based on the multiplayer alone. Its great. Everything I love about cod multi player plus the inclusion of new modes , the new pick 10 system new weapons perks and score streak instead of killstreak (so players will actually help in objective based games instead of trying to rack up a high kd ratio) are all awesome. I'm guessing most of these zero ratings have not purchased nor played the game and claim its the same old cod. Its not. And whatever happened to the saying if it aint broke don't fix it. The game looks great, handles great injects new life into a franchise that was getting stale with the last installment. I'm just waiting for the inevitable exclusion of a campaign and the cod franchise to give people what they really want and thats more multiplayer. Way more. Expand
  56. Nov 16, 2012
    The game is honestly a lot of fun. The graphics look a little outdated; but the engine runs smooth at 60 fps. As good as Medal of Honor and BF3 looks, it sometimes drops as low as 15 fps. In comparison, I'd prefer consistency over the "wow factor. "The gameplay is crisp and the new format for score-streaks and weapon load-outs provide a new value to the game.
  57. Dec 9, 2012
    Let me just start by saying this could possibly be the funnest Call of Duty I've played. Treyarch takes risks and brings the franchise in new directions with every release of their CoDs. Single player has great replayablility with it's ability to branch the story line and bring new results with every playthrough. The "Strike Force Missions" leave a bit to be desired but I found them to beLet me just start by saying this could possibly be the funnest Call of Duty I've played. Treyarch takes risks and brings the franchise in new directions with every release of their CoDs. Single player has great replayablility with it's ability to branch the story line and bring new results with every playthrough. The "Strike Force Missions" leave a bit to be desired but I found them to be engaging and perfect for breaking out of the gameplay rut. The story itself is quite dynamic, as it jumps you back to vietnam in some cases, but the majority of the campaign takes place in the tech-ridden world of the future. The story revolves around said technology; giving you many cool gadgets and weapons at your disposable, increasing the interest factor. The only thing that bothers me about the single player is the ending, other than that, everything in the story is great.
    The multiplayer, now this is quite the jump from other CoD's, ranking up feels the most rewarding as you get clear insights on your unlocks and can immediately equip said unlocks immediately after the game is done. The create-a-class system is very streamlined and boundless. Never before have I had fun creating a class quite like this, not to mention all the new attachments and guns that come with the game are unique and fun to use. Balancing wise, Treyarch did their best by making gun perks solely the effect of gun attachments and nothing more. No more last stand, no more "doubling up" perks and attachments to get an overpowered piece of warfare, it's all accounted for in the "pick 10" system, which I think is genius in it's own right. "scorestreaks" are a bit of a spin from "pointstreaks" from MW3, but used correctly. With this system you get points for your next scorestreak from doing just about anything to help your team. The ratio of points is determined by how well you execute the actions, and much they help the team in team-based game modes. The multiplayer is near perfect in my view.
    Theater mode, now this stunned me by how integrated and versatile this mode is. Instead of just viewing past games, it gives you the ability to create automated highlight reels, edit films together with clips from a game, use the "CoDCaster" screen to view the game like some sports game you would watch on TV, all these are fun and useful tools when creating brag clips to show to your friends using the file share. It may be a repeat of Halo's file share system, but in my opinion, better.
    After seeing all these negative reviews on this game, I'm left with a bit of confusion in my conscious, but like every game, it's not for everyone. Watch some YouTube videos, rent it or watch a friend play so you can make your own judgement on whether or not to purchase this game. Personally, I have no guilt or buyer's remorse for buying this game, so give it a shot with great expectations.
  58. Nov 15, 2012
    Let's be honest. Most people giving this game a bad score haven't even played the game. It's the popular thing to do these days. Any gamer worth his or her salt isn't going to judge a game like that without playing it. That said, who the heck is going to buy the new Call of Duty expecting anything other than what it is? The developer, Trearch, deserves more respect and recognition thatLet's be honest. Most people giving this game a bad score haven't even played the game. It's the popular thing to do these days. Any gamer worth his or her salt isn't going to judge a game like that without playing it. That said, who the heck is going to buy the new Call of Duty expecting anything other than what it is? The developer, Trearch, deserves more respect and recognition that this. They busted their hump after the MW3 fiasco last year (a separate developer btw) to bring innovation to the CoD franchises while not changing too much so that it wouldn't be recognizable. They brought major changes too the campaign, multiplayer and their signature Zombies mode. This internet cred/score/thing is getting ridiculous. Expand
  59. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a great sequel to Black Ops! Surprisingly tight campaign (something MOH games keep missing) with a great narrative, and great levels. Easily my favorite, and much better than MW3. Multiplayer is good as usual. Definitely worth the buy!
  60. Nov 14, 2012
    It's quite funny looking at people's review history and seeing them giving every Call of Duty a Zero and every Halo a Ten. If you don't like CoD, fine, just leave it to the people who do like it.

This is probably the best CoD since MW2, although I seem much worse at the MP compared to the other ones for some reason.
  61. Nov 18, 2012
    baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i think. Expand
  62. Nov 16, 2012
    i am a halo fan boy who hates cod but since everyone on my friends list has this, i bought it to amd heres an honest review.
    Multiplayer: 7/10 not that good its like all old cods but its improving and its fun
    Zombies: 10/10 Fun and amazing u will have a blast on tranzit
    Campaign: not played yet (will update when played)
    so you see you guys Bo2 isnt that bad.... zombies is amazing
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    This game really sucks, its an epic failure, the mods of this site must send these reviews to the developers of this useless no effort video game. -10/10 for me.
  64. Dec 2, 2012
    I must say. I do like the Game. I Think Over All - It is one of the Best COD's. Graphics, Thumbs Up
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up New Features - Thumbs Up (The 10 Point System for MP and the RTS Element (StrikeForce) Theatre Features and Integrating YouTube But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A
    Sound: Thumbs Up
    Game Play: Thumbs Up
    Story / Campaign - Thumbs Up

But I must Ask - How can people that gave MOH Warfighter A Low Score Give Black Ops A High Score

MP Spawning is The Same as Always - I love when 1 sec after I spawn in I get killed by A Killer Drown or an explosive that obviously was in motion before I was spawned in there.

The Graphics is the Same Engine but looks just as good! (Still only one disc, no hi res pack!)

No dedicated servers, I never get the Migrating Host message in MOH.

Yet, I can be fair and give Black Ops 2 an 8 - for it is a good game! So is MOH Warfighter, just a different type of FPS!

Metacritic is Loosing (actually all the Reviewing Sites are starting to loose) their ability to offer a good way to check if buying a game would be a good choice. I have found going to YouTube and searching for a GamePlay video helps me a whole lot more than any none Video Supported Reviews I get.
  65. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm almost 100% sure that most of the people who rated this game poorly haven't played it, or probably played it with a friend for maybe 20 minutes. This game brings MUCH needed changes to the series, in the Single Player, Multiplayer AND Co-Op modes. Each of these modes are almost perfectly executed (Besides minor server problems, and some missions in the campaign being a little strange).I'm almost 100% sure that most of the people who rated this game poorly haven't played it, or probably played it with a friend for maybe 20 minutes. This game brings MUCH needed changes to the series, in the Single Player, Multiplayer AND Co-Op modes. Each of these modes are almost perfectly executed (Besides minor server problems, and some missions in the campaign being a little strange). I really don't see how this is the same Call of Duty "As all the others after the first Modern Warfare". Treyarch brings in a completely different create a class system, a multiple path campaign and THE best co-op mode ever created. I will agree that the story was not nearly as good as Black Ops 1, but it is MUCH MUCH better than CoD 4s and MW2s. I was NOT a fan of Call of Duty 4, MW2 and MW3. I personally love anything that Treyarch has made so far, and the mindless hate just toward the Call of Duty title really makes me upset. I could go on and on about what great things this game has, but I will agree that it is not perfect. But it is FAR superior to any FPS that has came out so far this year, and is probably the 2nd best Call of Duty in the series. But oh well, the mindless gaming hipsters will continue giving mainstream games low scores in hopes of "taking down the corporations, man". Go back to playing your boring as hell Borderlands and your various other **** indie games. Stop giving these games mindlessly bad reviews, it's super obvious when you haven't played it either. Expand
  66. Nov 15, 2012
    Love halo kilzone cod borderlands, been playing games 20 years black ops 2 ticks all the boxes,extensive options and modes. great bot mode for checking out all the toys, good fun, is as serious a shooter as YOU want it to be. Highly recommended
  67. Nov 15, 2012
    This is one of the best action game ever, and I thing best action game on current gen. It seams that's another one CoD game game, but it something big, something serious and it HAS a really good storyline.
  68. Nov 16, 2012
    I perhaps wouldn't be giving this a 10 if it weren't for all the people who presumably haven't even played the game rating it 0, but anyway here's my review:
    Campaign is good, follows the same narrative style of the original Black Ops, which i think is a really nice feature, however strike force missions are definitely a let down. They're more Real Time Strategy game than First Person Shooter and a poor one at that, very unintuitive.
    Multiplayer though is the best in the series, with the new "Pick 10" system and balanced weapons, making it more about skill rather than what gun you have. The new "combat training" lobbies allow new users to get used to the game, in 1/2 XP games, deterring the veterans. The new league play is a better ranking system than the regular leaderboards, with thew choice of everything in create-a-class, and subdivisions make it easy to compare league spots.
    Zombies are decent, the "zombies campaign" promised turn out to be Tranzit, making it a bit of a disappointment, but Tranzit is still a fun mode to play. The new maps are a little difficult to navigate round at first due to all the fog and low-light but once you've got used to it, then its more enjoyable.
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    An awful display of how corrupt and stupid the gaming media are. How does a carbon copy game warrant a 9/10 score from anyone who has any degree of passion for games. This does nothing at all to improve on any aspect of what was already a tired and disfunctional series.

Single player campaign is another disgrace full arrogant mess full of mindless relative actions such as shoot the hundreds of brown terrorists in the face. The story is awful 80's action film tripe with every possible shock tactic thrown in to try and garner some publicity.

Multiplayer is the same as ever, which would be fine if they were not charging 40 pounds for something you probably already have let alone the cost of the always overpriced and inevitable dlc.

As for zombies my one last hope, its essentially a 40 pound map pack, same guns, same music, same sound effects, same everything just now with added Cappy fire all over the place and smoke to hide the ageing graphics.

Please don't fall into the meat grinder, just play something good like dishonored for single player and stick to one of the old games for mp, it is the only way to tell them to stop excreting these rectangular turds on a yearly basis.
  70. Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, so many Zer0es, the game is so bad that it deserves a 0. I don't love COD but i at least thinks it deserves higher than a 4. Changing the formula to a game that is very repetitive takes guts. They should at least get a 5 for effort. (plus an extra 4 for all the haters out there)
  71. Nov 14, 2012
    Treyarch, congrats. You've officially embedded yourself in my mind as horrible at game making. Many people here are complaining about the lack of change, but I disagree. I hate the changes they've made. For this review I'll be talking about the multiplayer part of the game.

And it sucks. Sniping is absolutely impossible. The guns scope in incredibly slow and awkwardly. It's honestly so frustrating. The killstreaks in this game blow. You randomly die from being electrocuted or somehow explode. The game overall is very dark color wise which makes spotting enemies nearly impossible. Lastly, the create a class system is just plain stupid. So many perks are made into attachments and it's impossible to get a class that really fits your needs without making serious cuts.

Honestly, I want more of the same. I want the old CoD 4 back. Not with these stupid "advancements",
  72. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't normally do this kind of thing but I'm sick and tired of reading reviews that say "The graphics are outdated". Obviously from little children who pay $60 for a game that looks pretty, same kids who would say games from past generations of consoles (NES, SNES, PS2, N64, etc) are bad because of the graphics . I haven't played the Campaign or Zombies yet, but the Multiplayer is fun,I don't normally do this kind of thing but I'm sick and tired of reading reviews that say "The graphics are outdated". Obviously from little children who pay $60 for a game that looks pretty, same kids who would say games from past generations of consoles (NES, SNES, PS2, N64, etc) are bad because of the graphics . I haven't played the Campaign or Zombies yet, but the Multiplayer is fun, just like it always is. Thats what a game should be rated on. Yes, there are campers, try-hards, and these elite super players that come on here and own every other game, but who cares, its just a game. I'm no expert MLG gamer, I didn't stand in line for hours in the rain like all of those other losers just to think I'm the first one who has the game, and I'm not a fan boy. I just like to play Call of Duty with my friends as a social thing and I think thats what separates the men from the boys. If you don't like it because its "the same old thing every year" then you're the idiot who paid the money for it. The people who generally gave the review a good score are the people who like the CoD games for what they always are, and what they probably always will be. Expand
  73. Dec 18, 2012
    Might have been a good game, if this was 2007. The multiplayer is decent, but is pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. If you've played games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3, this game looks laughable. The campaign is generic and has a basic story designed for simpletons. The zombies mode is fun, but there is only one map to play on, which means that if you don'tMight have been a good game, if this was 2007. The multiplayer is decent, but is pretty much the same as previous Call of Duty games. If you've played games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3, this game looks laughable. The campaign is generic and has a basic story designed for simpletons. The zombies mode is fun, but there is only one map to play on, which means that if you don't like the TranZit map, you'll have to shell out $15 for whatever DLC they make. The survival maps are simply sections of TranZit, unfortunately. As usual, a few minor tweaks were made to multiplayer to convince people that it's new and different, but it's really not. It is just like every other Call of Duty and is now desperately falling behind other shooters. Expand
  74. Feb 6, 2013
    I'm sorry i now that this game isn't perfect but it is a pretty good game, I just think that you fan boys are just about BO2 is a copy.
    The zombies mode is one of the best zombie games I've ever played and this a very good multiplayer.
    The only thing about this game is the strike force missions, were I just used 1 soldier for all the mission until he die ,but I think it,was good camping (a short one)
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    The value for money in this game is truly incredible. You essentially get three games in one i.e. the single player campaign, the multiplayer and zombies. The developers knew reusing an old formula again and again will get tiresome (this is the 9th in the series after all) so they've essentially redesigned the wheel and revamped the core game mechanics (that other devs take shamelessly).The value for money in this game is truly incredible. You essentially get three games in one i.e. the single player campaign, the multiplayer and zombies. The developers knew reusing an old formula again and again will get tiresome (this is the 9th in the series after all) so they've essentially redesigned the wheel and revamped the core game mechanics (that other devs take shamelessly). The 'pick 10 system' no longer forces you to have certain things you don't necessarily need so lets you customise fully. This will alter the way you play and increase replay value. I have yet to finish the story mode. The 'non linear' aspect does change the way the gameplay pans out but the actual play is similar to previous titles. The zombies again is above solid and is agreed to be a separate game in its own right. You wont see a huge improvement in graphics or the sound department but is still one of the most polished games out there in terms of textures and audio ques. It is not a perfect game but is definitely worth considering. A solid and the best in the franchise.

P.S Don't be disheartened to see all the negative reviews. Despite the fact some people really do have gripes with the game, the majority are if you will 'fan-boys' who have clearly not even purchased the game, making a review on a whim. If in doubt ask a friend to reassure you. This game is not for everyone but has the largest appeal in the genre.
  76. Nov 13, 2012
    Ugh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challengeUgh Hugh... Your not going to get us this time, users! Almost thru the campaign and so far it's freaking awesome. Multiplayer is still fun and the new and improved Zombies mode is the most addictive side games I've ever played. All of you haters are ruining the credibility of user reviews on this site. Don't believe the hate. Most of the critic reviews are spot on. This game will challenge for game of the year. Definitely shooter of the year. Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2012
    Okay, here is a completely unbiased review, as I do play all of the MP first person shooters equally:

Single Player: Easily the next best one to date behind CoD4. The switching between the Cold War and 2025 is quite refreshing and adds something new to an annual franchise. Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based

Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based on a point system instead of kills, which helps encourage more team playing. (Something they've needed to fix. Lol) Maps are balanced as well, this is something Treyarc has always done better than I.W.

Zombies: Same as before, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Overall I would say this is a game worth buying brand new. Still doesn't beat CoD4 in my opinion. But it is definately 2nd best in the series and a much needed pick me up after the abortion called MW3. Don't believe all the BF3 and Halo 4 haters, this really is a good game.
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    I used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. TheseI used to be a huge Call of Duty fan up to Modern Warfare 2. The series was all down hill from there. Once again, Activision settled for lackluster modifications instead of any real changes. Its going to take a lot more than a modified create-a-class system and a new score streak reward system to keep this series alive. They arn"t even offering any technological improvements anymore. These games only sell well because of their competitive nature, not because they are any fun. If you want to be competitive, go airsofting or paintballing. At least that way you will get some exercise. Expand
  79. Nov 14, 2012
    a welcome evolution to the hyper-popular franchise - and the best COD since the first modern warfare. complaining about the graphics in a COD game has become a de-facto passtime every november, but to my eyes black ops 2 is a gorgeous game, especially in 3D. treyarch have polished the visuals, while still maintaining the essential-to-COD 60 frames per second the game demands. the onlya welcome evolution to the hyper-popular franchise - and the best COD since the first modern warfare. complaining about the graphics in a COD game has become a de-facto passtime every november, but to my eyes black ops 2 is a gorgeous game, especially in 3D. treyarch have polished the visuals, while still maintaining the essential-to-COD 60 frames per second the game demands. the only stumbling point are the non-required strikeforce missions, that attempt to blend rts with fps and mostly fail. thankfully they're still interesting, and props to the developer for trying something new.

the multiplayer's class overhaul is perhaps the most interesting change. a system called 'pick 10' is implemented, that lets you mix and match your perks and loadout with a greater degree of precision than ever before.

and the singleplayer campaign, which follows the same rhythm as past iterations of the game, is bolstered by the new near-future setting and larger, wider and more detailed levels. its also considerably longer than MW3's campaign - at least 30%, if not 50%. add to that the much loved, and expanded upon, zombie mode and i can't quite fathom how anyone could be disappointed in this game (though i'm sure there will be legions that are, more out of spite at something so 'mainstream' than legitimate criticism).
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    The Most fun I've had in a shooter since the original Call of duty 4 was released, zombies have been refined and the multiplayer has been tweaked ever so slightly in a way that really brings out the action movie type of game-play that the franchise has always striven to perfect, they have come closer than ever now.
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    so far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine sinceso far the game is great. zombies is loads of fun and it is awesome to see that call of duty is trying to come up with new ideas those being the future. zombies is of course epic. from the multiplayer that i have played the game seems much more objective and rush based. the game is similar to the others but it is a series. i also do not have a problem with them using the same engine since valve has been using source for like ever and nobody has a problem with that. the idea of the time period switch to the future is nice. although it does make the game feel more like crysis. it is still too early for me to properly judge the game but i will say that so far i am having a lot of fun with the game. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more thanCall of Duty black ops 2 has some fresh ideas added to the familiar game play. Like all the other call of duty games there is going to be a lot of haters giving it bad reviews just because the game is hugely successful. The one thing about some of the haters is that probably most of them never played black ops 2 and just want to complain and whine about how this game sells more than whatever game they like. Back to the game. The campaign is still as epic as ever and the choices you can make is a nice addition. The multiplayer is as addictive as ever and the pick 10 class is very flexible and a blast to mess with. The graphics are not bad but the engine is in need of an upgrade. I have always enjoyed the call of duty games and have bought most of them. Black ops 2 is a good game it is not halo 4 but it is still a blast to play and I recommend the game to people who play games for fun and I do not recommend the game to all the haters that want to complain about successful games. Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2012
    A copy and paste job, cheap lazy money grabbing offering, this franchise deserves more and gamers even more. What is achieved in this, could have been a £ 15.00 DLC update.
  84. Nov 14, 2012
    Black Ops 2 is honestly the best COD to date. I have no idea why some people are giving it such low scores. Amazing campaign w/ multiple endings + new futuristic weapons + "Tranzit" mode for zombies = Best COD ever.
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doingI'm doing my part :) I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Call of duty has ruined this generation and probably future generation shooters because they lack zero innovation and follow the same Hollywood path of squeezing out sequels in order to generate as much profit as possible while giving absolutely nothing back to its fans. Go fudge yourself, Satan, for infiltrating my favorite medium and industrializing it like you have my country - no longer to be the art it once was. I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :)I'm doing my part :) Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    Utter garbage. The OVER lag compensation from MW3 is back, but it is even worse this go. All the guns are EXACTLY the same! They all have no recoil and have high clips and fast fire rates. The maps promote headglitching and have no real flow.

For some reason, they decided to mess with the sensitivity settings and make the X and Y axis different, without giving you the option to adjust both separately. Hit detection is just as bad as Black Ops, although they tried to mask this by not adding recoil to any of the guns.

Single Player is pathetically unlikable. Basic generic shooter campaign, which last for about 4 gruesome hours. I heard that they will be implementing the single player of this game as a torture device at Guantanamo Bay.

My copy is already on Ebay, save your wallet and your dignity by skipping this boring piece of recycled junk.
  87. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with aI'm not going to post a long review detailing specifics. I do enjoy all aspects of the game. It has high replay value too me. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years. The campaign has been improved with the outcome of the game determined by the choices made during. Zombies, while not quite an entire game by itself, is the best yet. Multiplayer is polished nicely with a lot of changes and additions.

What surprises me is the incredible amount of 0 negative reviews... People buy a game that has three parts to it, 1 Campaign 2 Zombies and 3 Multiplayer. They play the first mission on Campaign, skip zombies and go 3-15 on their first match of multiplayer while running around or camping on a map they don
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    Big suprise here, same game as last year, and the year before, and the year before. It just feels so stale now. Not as disappointing as previous games, but only because I wasn't expecting much.
  89. Nov 13, 2012
    An all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. TheAn all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer is so intense it will have you on the edge of your seat. The customization options are unparalleled and will be the marque online shooter experience this year. The Call of Duty series is the top selling shooter series in the entire world year after year for one very good reason: uncomplicated and thrilling multiplayer. There is absolutely no other series that offers the same level of intensity online with such a low learning curve. Team play and lone wolf tactics blend beautifully just like every Call of Duty title.

There will be many skewed reviews on Gamespot because many people don't think players should have the right to fun. Think for yourself; play Black Ops 2 and don't look back.
  90. Nov 14, 2012
    I usually try to write a detailed review...however this will be purely to boost overall user rating (uphill battle).
    This game to me is an outlet to gaming with friends pure and simple. It doesnt need to be revolutionary or industry changing. It only need to provide me with a fleshed out multiplayer experience. I respect and understand Activisions Business Model. You can tell time and energy went into this game. trolls be trolls and its cool to hate whats cool....society is a real peach :)
  91. Nov 13, 2012
    I've never been a big fan of CoD. I often found the storyline discombobulated and so off the wall that it didn't make sense and I appreciated the depth of the multiplayer some of the perks, and the player tatics and general attitude of let's run around like crazy until the other team is dead really turned me off. I've always been a Battlefield fan.

Having said that. This new game is

Having said that. This new game is amazing. There are choices and consequences in the story. The villain, while despicable, is a tragic figure that suffered through some true atrocities. I actually found myself caring about him at some point. The multiplayer has been revamped. It's to early to prestige but when you do you actually have options now. You get a token that you can use to unlock something no matter what level it is. They've tweaked the perks system which I like and they finally took the focus off of KDR. I've always been a 1.3-1 on average KDR guy myself. so this was a welcome change.

Bottom line is don't listen to these idiots who say the game sucks and nothing's changed. They're doing that to drive the score down because they've nothing better to do with their time. Plus the game's been out for 12 hours so there's no way to know if it really does suck.
  92. Nov 13, 2012
    Let's put it this way...Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Sure they keep on insisting that it's a different game but it's not. The campaign's storyline changes from previous installments, but it's just basically the same game over and over again. What's more mind boggling are the reviewers insistence to give this game a high score. Let's look at other AAALet's put it this way...Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. Sure they keep on insisting that it's a different game but it's not. The campaign's storyline changes from previous installments, but it's just basically the same game over and over again. What's more mind boggling are the reviewers insistence to give this game a high score. Let's look at other AAA titles released this year: Halo 4, Assassin Creed 3, Dishonored and heck..even the 'reviled' RE6; all of them showed or at least attempted to innovate and give players something new, for better or worse. I am not sure what sort of things, perks or whatever that Activision is giving these reviewers, but they sure are working. Buy this if you really need to upgrade for this year's installment. Expand
  93. Nov 13, 2012
    Campaign is the best in the series, and multiplayer havent been this good since cod4, and zombies is awesome as always. I really enjoyed Black ops 2 for the Xbox, and all of my friends are enjoying it as well.
  94. Nov 13, 2012
    Gee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin toGee Treyarch. The audio is awful. I've only played multiplayer. The guns sound crappy, I can't hear enemies' footsteps, and it's basically Black Ops 1 with a different skin. THE AUDIO IS NOT PASSABLE! I haven't played campaign or zombies, but 10 hours of multi today has left me a bit disappointed. I hope the campaign has something more interesting, The gun / grenade sounds are akin to something from the '80s. For shame, Treyarch. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2012
    Lol this game is just another COD, same as the rest of em, hope that activision goes out of business. If you have an xbox, invest your money in a better and go buy Halo 4.
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    This is exactly what I wanted from MW2 and MW3. If you were one of many who have been dissappointed by many recent CoD games, don't worry. BO2 makes a ton of changes and breathes new life into the dying series. And score streaks are way better than the kill streaks of previous games. The campaign is more refined than the crap known as MW2 and MW3. The online is better. This is the best inThis is exactly what I wanted from MW2 and MW3. If you were one of many who have been dissappointed by many recent CoD games, don't worry. BO2 makes a ton of changes and breathes new life into the dying series. And score streaks are way better than the kill streaks of previous games. The campaign is more refined than the crap known as MW2 and MW3. The online is better. This is the best in the series since Modern Warfare 1. Let's just hope that Activision can continue to take the franchise in to this direction, instead of the modern warfare direction. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turnedThis game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a medicore cash cow over the years, shame. Expand
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best Call of Duty games ever!!! The campaign is great, but not as good as COD 4, and the new features of the Zombie Mode and the Multiplayer (the most important for me) make this game a must have for every shooter fan!!!
  99. Nov 13, 2012
    This game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to payThis game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to pay off Critics anyways, why not spend some more? Anyways, onto the gameplay review. Campaign is a nice short 4 hours, and I'm glad it's short because it was bad and I wanted to play multiplayer. Multiplayer maps feel crowded and junked up with unnecessary **** Love the futuristic design of the new guns, but unfortunately, they feel like the old guns. The new pick ten system and the new perk system are good. So far though, this game plays exactly like Warfighter and IGN gave Warfighter a 4. That must mean the zombies mode is so good that it gives BO2 5 more points. Now I haven't played zombies yet, because all my friends are asleep, so I'm going to leave this here with a rating of 4, but I'll come back and make this rating a 9 if zombies absolutely blows my mind with how **** amazing it is. It had better not disappoint or else I'll know IGN is a corrupt review site who gets paid off by Activision so they can sell more copies of CoD and I certainly hope that's not true. On a side note, this game will probably be played at MLG and IPL because of how easy it is. MLG and IPL have to have SC2 otherwise it would be a casualfest. Expand
  100. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does nothing original. The multiplayer is the same rehashed crap that it's always been, the graphics wouldn't look out of place on a PS2, the campaign is a joke, and the zombies? 8 player co-op with campaign style missions? Resistance 2 did that three years ago.
  101. Nov 19, 2012
    I will jump to the point. This game is fun to play. That is my truest test. I knew when, after a full afternoon of playing, every time I went to set controller down I kept saying "maybe just one more round, this game was a hit. I do not condone the way this game is basically the same format COD has been promoting for years, that being said, this is the most fun COD game I have everI will jump to the point. This game is fun to play. That is my truest test. I knew when, after a full afternoon of playing, every time I went to set controller down I kept saying "maybe just one more round, this game was a hit. I do not condone the way this game is basically the same format COD has been promoting for years, that being said, this is the most fun COD game I have ever played. It feels balanced, there are tons of huge maps so you don't feel like other players are right on top of you and there are plenty of perks and gamemodes that de-emphasize camping and balance out gameplay. I love all the unlockables and I love the look and feel of the weapons. If you are going to play COD or Halo, this is the game to play. I still greatly prefer Battlefield but this is a different game with different objectives. Treyarch has surpassed Infinity Ward where it really matters...fun. ANyone can pick this up and start unleashing deathstreaks. Skilled players will be able to do much more and dominate in there own way and in their favorite modes, but this game has something for everyone and is really fun to play and I have not been able to say that since World at War or maybe the first Modern Warfare. It would be nice to expand this world into larger settings with vehicles and a cover mechanic, but this is the next step forward and will give us all plenty to do until the next gen. I am not ignoring the obvious faults and still complain like anyone at how frequently I get shot in the back or when an enemy spawns right behind me, but my complaints are few compared to the moments of joy when I scored a triple kill or defused a bomb with only seconds left on the clock. I have really only reviewed the multiplayer because that is all I play, I tried the campaign and it seemed okay, a little wonky with the collision detection on the shooting and skill didn't seem to matter much, but combined with the multiplayer and zombies, Treyarch has given us all plenty of bang for the buck. This and AC3 should be the only games you need...and Battlefield 3, let's not forget the king. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013