Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.8

1. Jul 4, 2016
    Lets all be honest here, cod black ops 2 is the exact same game as the first. The story is just about some guy with Vietnam flashbacks I guess, but it's still pretty dull. The multiplayer is the exact same thing as the first, with one good map once again in the same game. The only reason why it wasn't lower was because of the zombie mode, which has better maps.
  2. Apr 17, 2016
    Bueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super marioBueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super mario o fifa son repetitivos, pero son divertidos(Siempre compro nuevos mario pero ya no fifa, con tener uno basta) Expand
  3. Mar 17, 2016
    This is not a game to play because of its single-player mode (short, linear, cliche...), but because of the multiplayer. This game has one of the best FPS gameplays of the VII generation of games; it's smooth, easy to learn and has a decent balance. By far the best Call of Duty since MW.
    We all know the problems with the community, the story mode (maybe playing at the highest difficulty will add a little challenge to it), silly and expensive DLCs... but playing it is a good experience.
    But... is it worth the initial price? Absolutely not. This game should be just about $25 or $30. That would be perfect. $70 is too much for such a product.
    Nevertheless, the 'naked' game has a decent amount of content; multiplayer and zombies mode. Personally I had a nice experience playing it with friends at home and online. Of course, this franchise has been 'casualized' but that should not be necessarily a bad thing if we talk about gameplay alone.
    The really bad things about this franchise are DLCs, bad single-modes and high pricing.
    Buying this for $30 or $25 is a very good investment though.
    There are also nice easter eggs...
  4. Aug 27, 2015
    This game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks areThis game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks are rather dull and uninteresting, and despite the fact that this is the most populated CoD, the lag is still rampant. I'd recommend if you're a fan of the series; otherwise stay away. (And ignore the people giving this game zero. That's false.) Expand
  5. Jun 17, 2015
    Jogo muito bem pensado , mais quando saiu do papel ficou com altos bugs e lag reinando , tirou 6 pelo seu planejamento , multiplayer e campanha do jeito que a treyarch sabe fazer mais o pessoal da progamação falhou bem !
  6. Apr 15, 2015
    This might be the one call of duty game I still play. I don't know what it is about the game, but its very addictive and fun compared to ghosts and advanced warfare. Target Finder is a downside for multiplayer though, and the entire "quickscope" community.
  7. Feb 25, 2015
    As one of my favorite games of all time (with the season pass), I hate giving it something it deserves, so I'm gonna try my best to give the STANDALONE GAME a rating it deserves.

First of all, I like this game, ok? I really do like it. That doesn't mean it's a good game though. The graphics are pretty bad. The gameplay is quite annoying. The campaign sucks. (seriously though, what did you expect when you clicked on campaign?) The multiplayer is OK, but I don't really like playing it that much. The only thing that makes me like this game is when I bought the season pass, I felt amazing! Yes it was pricey and had pretty crappy multiplayer maps, but the zombies was improved SO MUCH. SO FRICKING MUCH MAN. Since I'm reviewing the standalone and no dlc, the zombies sucks and the game is pretty bad for someone who doesn't like cod that much. If you're a fan like me, then you should like this game a bit.

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now if you want to like this game, you have to buy the season pass. sorry ):
  8. Dec 7, 2014
    The return of zombies mode helps this instalment beat last year's disappointing MW3. It is however little consolation as Black Ops 2 now marks two Call of Duty games in a row that have not been up to scratch.
  9. Nov 22, 2014
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Gameplay haphazard and desperate.. Some futuristic warfare, some past warfare, a bit of RTS / Tactical mode for no reason, and lots of random gameplay styles, from flight to swimming, to wingsuits.
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks. I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found
    Terrible story, even weaker than Black Ops I
    Treyarch throws everything at a wall, and nothing sticks.

I've played through the whole game, and witnessed all endings, and honestly found the plot so incredibly thin and ridiculous that it even seemed less plausible then Homefront, another fps with a crazy plot.

I'm glad I didn't buy this at launch prices.
  10. Nov 13, 2014
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

The campaign felt very iffy at times with confusing ways for it trying to connect with the first Black Ops. A good feature that came with the campaign though was the option to choose the weapon you wanted to go to battle with, which was a new feature that hasn't been seen in other CoD games. Now let's get to the
    One of my most favorite CoD games when it comes to multiplayer.

Now let's get to the multiplayer.

Good DLC, good maps, good rank system, and good semi-balanced weapons.
    The only issue with DLC was the minimal weapons added to the game. There was only one new weapon: the Peacekeeper.

I'm not going to get into Zombies, as I have not really played it that much to be able to give my full honest opinions on it.

Overall, my favorite CoD game for it's multiplayer aspect and would definitely play again if I wanted to.
  11. Aug 29, 2014
    When I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It'sWhen I heard about this game, I thought: here we go again. The campaign is very interesting, and offers choice elements which fit in very well. The gameplay is also very fun, but all the future missions feel like the same. The past missions are the best. Also, the game features a Zombies mode, which is TERRIBLE. They've milked it too much. However, the Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. It's imaginative, and really fun, but it feels like they've overdone it with micro-transactions, which ruins it a bit. Overall, the game is good, but we've seen it too many times. Expand
  12. Aug 16, 2014
    This game has a very easy gameplay, even in veteran. At the campaign, you always have to do the same thing at every mission (kill and run) and it's really boring. The multiplayer is almost the same thing that "Call of duty: Modern Warfare" 's and stills very easy to learn.
    I think that "Call of duty" would be a perfect game with dynamic maps, a harder gameplay (not just "kill and run") and a new game engine. I put 6 as score for only one reason: I had good experiences with my friends.
  13. Jul 17, 2014
    The Call of Duty series needs another refresh. I very much enjoyed the convoluted spy thriller / psychological drama that was "Black Ops". I did not enjoy the mess of the story in the sequel. When the game ended, I felt like vomiting, but you can't regurgitate memories.

Despite the future setting, the game play is familiar Call of Duty. Shoot waves of enemies until you get to the check point, hide until you health returns. They even added another "follow me while I whisper" psuedo stealth mission. Every use of future gear is brief, such as climbing gloves or a wing suit, and there is little sense that any of these gadgets provide any advantage in warfare or any advantage over current tech. One weapon, a gun with an x-ray scope that can shoot through walls, stands out, but you can only use it in two missions.

The game further deepens the terribleness, with "Strike Missions". These RTS missions are tacked on and unfortunately necessary to achieve the "best" ending. (Though even the best ending will make you nauseous, I assure you). I have plenty of time wasters, I want to play a game with a narrative!

The biggest disappointment is the perfunctory multiplayer. How is the multiplayer any different than the prior 5 years worth of Call of Duty multiplayer? You have new maps and some new weapons, but everything else is exactly the same. Then of course the multiplayer experience for new players is hampered by the perks system. To keep a competitive advantage, you really have to buy the game on day one and keep playing it religiously until the next release, which you have to buy on day one. For anyone picking up the game later, like me, multiplayer is unbalanced and less fun. Plus, unless you buy a map pack, the few bundled maps become old rather quickly.

The best "Black Ops 2" has going for it is the high product value. The game plays well and multiplayer can be a fun experience. Some of the scenes are also memorable, just not enough of them for what should be the pinnacle of AAA shooters.
  14. Jul 16, 2014
    This game (like everyone's trying to tell you) not the worst **** ever neither the best ****.It's in between.

The mechanics are solid and polished, The multiplayer is nice, and the zombies mode is almost flawless. For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer

For most of you out there this is what is needed to make the game the best game ever right? Well........ NO, of course a good game nowadays needs a solid multiplayer experience to be considered a good game, even though i agree %80 with that there is always something else needed in a game in order to make it a complex and well thought universe. And that subject is: A good story!. Have you ever seen the CoD universe as a deep world with it's own events and people? No you just played the multiplayer the moment you got it and played it for a year until the new version came out. It's a unstoppable loop hole of cash-whoring.

Granted the CoD universe was never had a rich story or a single player mode because that was put in the game only in order to satisfy a certain number of single player lovers and lore freaks (including myself) but it doesn't need to be this way, you can just wait one more year for the love of quality over quantity and make a rich story and a great multiplayer mode.

Now other than that, the voice acting and the sound effects are quite solid, the graphics are fine but the topic that i was shocked by was the physics they were in fact really good.

So i give this game a 7/10 because it is a 7/10 means a good, not great but good game in my book. I hope that the future titles get a lot better by story.
  15. Jun 7, 2014
    I got Black Ops 2 hoping that it would be different from the others. It turns out I was foolish to think that because all I really got was more of the same except with a sci-fi setting, and a slightly better story. If you're hoping for something different BO2 doesn't deliver but if you're looking for another CoD that's what you'll get.
  16. May 3, 2014
    you know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which isyou know what, I really liked the first black ops, but this one is a bit to over the top to me, I mean, at least most of the story in the first black ops is believable, but this game is just to nuts for me and most people and it begins to feel like there are just way to many gimmicks. and obviously none of the game has really changed since the first CODBO, except for the zombies, which is pretty cool. but that's about the only really interesting thing about this game, because I prefer multiplayer on older titles. Expand
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Great multiplayer experience. There is a lot of cool unlockable weapons and perks when you level up that are actually worth it. Fell short on the singlepplayer, however.
  18. Apr 16, 2014
    Black ops II isn't too bad. Campaign is boring, but you can still have some fun in multi player with friends, and just mess around there. The only part of this game that I really come back to is Zombies, which feels a lot more fast paced and fun compared to the other things. It isn't the best game ever, but its good if you want to play with friends.
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    While I absolutely hated the multiplayer and thought it was really bad, the campaign is what really stood out to me. The campaign was really good, and I mean REALLY good. The World at War/Black Ops storyline overall is really good and has a great story to it. For Black Ops II, the cutscenes were great, story was great, gameplay was OK, weapons were quite good, characters were beyond great,While I absolutely hated the multiplayer and thought it was really bad, the campaign is what really stood out to me. The campaign was really good, and I mean REALLY good. The World at War/Black Ops storyline overall is really good and has a great story to it. For Black Ops II, the cutscenes were great, story was great, gameplay was OK, weapons were quite good, characters were beyond great, and I liked how it switched off missions from the Mason/Woods era to the 2025 era at times. The campaign is unforgettable and is great like almost all of the other Call of Duty campaigns. The addition of player-choice decisions to decide which ending you'd get and what could happen mid-story is a new feature that I really liked. For instance, killing this person and then getting a story-affecting result and something that could affect the ending. Really liked that. And after the campaign has been complete, you can see Old Woods, Menendez, and Avenged Sevenfold play a new song together, with some Black Ops II characters in the audience, which was an absolutely amazing and epic spectacle to witness. The multiplayer wasn't enjoyable (almost at all), and the Zombies mode wasn't good, except for its DLC, but the campaign was very enjoyable. The multiplayer gets a 3, but the campaign gets a solid 10. So I'll give it a 6, which seems fair, sort of. I wouldn't necessarily buy Black Ops II, but rather rent it to play its amazing campaign. Expand
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    Acceptable but not great. Graphics are good but not as good as Battlefield and Crysis. The campaign follows WOW and BO but is a bit of an improvement. I am quite disappointed in the Zombies mode as it could use improvement. The multiplayer is pretty good, especially the League Play despite all the little dumb 7-13 year olds shouting through the microphone.
  21. Jan 9, 2014
    I think my review of this game sums up what the Call of Duty franchise is but in one word, uninspired. This game is just nothing new at all and it brings nothing new to the world of first-person shooters. It's saving grace is it's local multiplayer (Zombies especially) but it's just not enough to save this game from being just.....uninspired and lazy.
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    Would much rather play this game over ghosts. I thought this game had issues til ghost came along. Fresh breathe of air after switching discs. This cod game has a much better multiplayer unless you're a camper, then feel free to play ghosts and never come back
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    Better than MW3. The multiplayer is more fun, and the futuristic weapons and ideas really seem to work, the zombies remains mostly the same, adds a few small things, and the single player is just decent. Don't expect much different from the basic CoD formula with this one, decent game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II gets a 7.7/10.
  24. Nov 20, 2013
    Another year, another action game for 12-year-olds.

The singleplayer is a basic CoD 4-hour-long experience. New changes include custom classes and player choices. The choices you make changes how the game ends. And that's about it. While the singleplayer isn't that bad (I'm not saying it's good either), the multiplayer is just utter garbage. The balance between weapons is horrible,
    Another year, another action game for 12-year-olds.

The balance between weapons is horrible, the constant lagging even with low ping makes the game unplayable, and there's almost nothing new compared to MW3. I guess it's safe to say that BO2 multiplayer is the worst CoD multiplayer of all time.

Now here's the best part of the game: Zombies!
    This game would've received a 4 from me if they didn't include our smelly, screaming friends in the game.
    The map, Green Run, is a giant map. That's why you travel around it by bus. There's also an easter egg "mission" to complete.
  25. Nov 17, 2013
    The weapons are pretty good. But it seems like they are just way to freaked out about getting Raul Menendez. Well, it's better compared to ghosts. Plus the way that these characters act make no freakin sense.
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm going to start this positively. It's a fun casual game to play for semi-long intervals, be it campaign or multiplayer. The campaign: The artwork is not GTAV or Shadow Of The Colossus good, but still amazing. It's bright and jumpy, unlike most CODs. The campaign has seen the debut of moral chooses, that permit 3 endings. These ending are wellish thought-out, with some minor flaws. ThisI'm going to start this positively. It's a fun casual game to play for semi-long intervals, be it campaign or multiplayer. The campaign: The artwork is not GTAV or Shadow Of The Colossus good, but still amazing. It's bright and jumpy, unlike most CODs. The campaign has seen the debut of moral chooses, that permit 3 endings. These ending are wellish thought-out, with some minor flaws. This campaign is incredibly easy, and fairly stereotypical, it feels more like a point-roughly-at-the-enemy-and-click game. It has an OK amount of levels, and I haven't found any bugs, which I find surprising. Now, the multiplayer. Re-textured and partially re-animated MW2 but worse. The snipers feel OP as crap, the SMGs are almost dominant, LMGs are middle of the pack and the ARs are at the bottom. Only 1 shotgun is good, 1 is overpower, and 2 are The C4 is massively over-abused. It's basically the same thing as BO1 but retextured and made worse. I give this game a fairly goodish 69.7. Expand
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    After a year I decided to finally review this game. And man, it took some consideration
    On one hand you have a really well polished cod game, with a great zombie mode (that requires DLC to fully enjoy) and the same old multiplayer. Oh and maybe the campaign, if you're into dark psychopath stories.
    Then we have the darker aspects of the game, the hit detection, overpowered guns, host migration, boring tri-lane maps and the silly graphics.
    **** it, I try to find something positive about this game other than Zombies, but I just can't.
    Been playing Call of Duty regularly since Modern Warfare 2 and have invested considerable time into every cod, maybe apart from WaW. It's the same rehashed game, but it's the best rehashed game out there. The main thing that keeps CoD on edge to me, is its 60 fps. And if not for that, it would be outnumbered by Battlefield in every single way imaginable.
    But this game doesn't deserve a 0 either, but it sure as hell doesn't deserve a 10.
    5 is a nice middle ground, for a game that's the same old thing since Cod 4.
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Black Ops 2 is not a great game, but it's not horrible, either. I usually don't judge a game on its graphics, but BO2's are outdated and blocky-looking. The single player is okay, but it's far too short, zombies is fun, and the multiplayer is decent. The multiplayer is what I'm most familiar with and I must say that it isn't quite as good as Black Ops 1, but it's much better than MW3's. IfBlack Ops 2 is not a great game, but it's not horrible, either. I usually don't judge a game on its graphics, but BO2's are outdated and blocky-looking. The single player is okay, but it's far too short, zombies is fun, and the multiplayer is decent. The multiplayer is what I'm most familiar with and I must say that it isn't quite as good as Black Ops 1, but it's much better than MW3's. If you can find Black Ops 2 for around 25 US dollars (or cheaper) then buy it. Anything more than $25 is too much. Expand
  29. Oct 11, 2013
    Call of Duty is kind of like the bowling of the video game world. It's a game that you play with you're friends when you're bored and you want to chat but you want to do something while you're talking. It's also a game series that can be taken seriously to the point of rage and starting clans to compete with other hardcore CoD players. That's really all CoD games are meant to be now a daysCall of Duty is kind of like the bowling of the video game world. It's a game that you play with you're friends when you're bored and you want to chat but you want to do something while you're talking. It's also a game series that can be taken seriously to the point of rage and starting clans to compete with other hardcore CoD players. That's really all CoD games are meant to be now a days and the real question is does the newest cod game have enough new features to keep players interested. CoD Black Ops 2 is marginally better than Modern Warfare 3 with a fairer gun distribution between levels and better map design. Black Ops 2 for the most part also seems to have a decent internet connection for multiplayer. Zombies mode is also back, and it's still the same survive as many rounds as you can mode CoD players love even though I feel that the zombies mode in BO2 is a bit too story focused and the maps aren't nearly as creative. Campaign mode is, well, campaign mode. You go through an assortment of different missions to reach the goal, even though you can choose your equipment before each round it's still just your classic CoD campaign mode. The CoD series is meant to be a game series that is set to get a fresh code of paint every year so CoD fans can mindlessly shoot away with their friends with better graphics and new guns. There's not a whole lot of innovation trying to be made because, hey, why fix what's not broken? All the innovation is put into the campaign mode which nobody notices because CoD haters are too busy about how similar the multiplayer is to the last CoD game. Just judge the CoD series on the game it is, not what it could be because the formula stays the same for a reason, as a CoD game Black Ops 2 gets the job done just fine for anyone who wants that "new" CoD game. Expand
  30. Oct 3, 2013
    While the developers tried to add new elements to strengthen up an otherwise dominating franchise, it doesn't cover up the glitchy multiplayer, toned-down hit Zombies Mode, and an otherwise boring game.
  31. Sep 18, 2013
    Just a big disappointment. The story is nothing new and the online is broken in so many ways. As usual the story is as boring as ever and nothing exciting comes into play. The online is by far the worst of all the CoD series.
  32. Sep 16, 2013
    "Sigh" Do we have to explain much its just your average call of duty with a repackaged multiplayer with a few tweaked features every now and then. Activision you need to try something new why keep milking the same idea over and over? Oh and be warned squeakers play this game so play with caution xD.
  33. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a okay but the campaign is horrible and the multiplayer is fun for a quick blast but it gets old really really quickly and the zombies is fun but overpriced DLC so get it only if you really want to lay COD I got it to play zombies with my friends but it is just so easy even on veteran
  34. Aug 20, 2013
    Great ideas for multiplayer online, good dlc contect for those who loved the black ops 1 favorites, some issues with the online lag comp, if only everyone needed a wired connection to play fps games then it wouldn't be such an issue but having to work around people using wifi from next door with 6 devices already using it and trying to make the game good for them is what makes it so hardGreat ideas for multiplayer online, good dlc contect for those who loved the black ops 1 favorites, some issues with the online lag comp, if only everyone needed a wired connection to play fps games then it wouldn't be such an issue but having to work around people using wifi from next door with 6 devices already using it and trying to make the game good for them is what makes it so hard for them to make it more stable. Also lack of game modes given to hardcore players is a let down. Expand
  35. Aug 14, 2013
    A good Zombies mode which has been innovated and improved from previous Call of Duty games. This game has actually made me enjoy Zombies which is something I haven't done in World at War or Black Ops.

The campaign is the same as any other really, despite the small changes that were made it was mainly full of cut scenes. I did like the storyline to it and I liked the choices you can make which affects the outcome of the game.

The Multiplayer has been changed more so than any previous Call of Duty game. Black Ops 2 popularised Call of Duty Competitive and introduced League Play which allowed players to play competitive-type game. I like this because it takes out the frustratingly overpowered guns that you find in Public Matches. Public Matches are nearly unplayable for me now. Guns are too overpowered, the match lobbies are swarmed with snipers people going knife-only, and spawn killing can be done far to easily.
  36. Aug 5, 2013
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HATRED FOR THIS GAME? people have given this game a 1. I find that stupid this is not the best game ever and COD GHOSTS will be new so it could be better but this is still amazing. People complain that theirs NOTHING new well there is like a new campaign, new guns, new kill streaks, new camos, new maps and better multiplayer than black ops 1 along with new zombieWHY IS THERE SO MUCH HATRED FOR THIS GAME? people have given this game a 1. I find that stupid this is not the best game ever and COD GHOSTS will be new so it could be better but this is still amazing. People complain that theirs NOTHING new well there is like a new campaign, new guns, new kill streaks, new camos, new maps and better multiplayer than black ops 1 along with new zombie features like TranZit and building things and new wonder weapons. So there are new things! This game is tons of fun and will take up lots of your time! Expand
  37. Aug 2, 2013
    Sure there is no innovation and is just basically the same thing as the other games that came before it, but that's what some people like. Besides, a video game and video game maker's main goal is to entertain the player with a good experience with the game they're making, regardless if they bring something new or innovative or not, and this game definitely does that with it's newSure there is no innovation and is just basically the same thing as the other games that came before it, but that's what some people like. Besides, a video game and video game maker's main goal is to entertain the player with a good experience with the game they're making, regardless if they bring something new or innovative or not, and this game definitely does that with it's new futuristic setting, the controls work just fine, the graphics look good, and the multiplayer is still fun. Surem this game is just another rehash of the past games, but at least they're rehashing a GOOD game. But since it's basically the same as the other Call of Duty's it does feel repetitive and kinda boring to do the same thing as the other games. So bottom line, this game isn't exactly the best game ever, but it's nowhere near horrible, in fact it's not even a bad game in general, it's just repetitive to play the same game over and over, but besides that, there's nothing really wrong with it. Expand
  38. Jul 17, 2013
    The game for 60 is NOT always good. Graphics are slightly improved, which is a big plus, but the repetitive gameplay, same formula for singlplayer and multiplayer are bad for REALLY popular FPS. Plus there are kids all over the servers and they are crying all over the microphone! Pretty much same with upgraded graphics.
  39. Jul 12, 2013
    It was fairly entertaining. The Campaign was a bit dull but the Guns on Multiplayer were completely different. The guns were a bit unbalanced but the zombies was my favorite part. The thing I liked about this game was that it was nothing like the other games. Even the attachments changed. All of those people who say this game deserves a zero don't have a clue. I strongly suggest anyoneIt was fairly entertaining. The Campaign was a bit dull but the Guns on Multiplayer were completely different. The guns were a bit unbalanced but the zombies was my favorite part. The thing I liked about this game was that it was nothing like the other games. Even the attachments changed. All of those people who say this game deserves a zero don't have a clue. I strongly suggest anyone should get this. Just wait for it to go on sale :3. Expand
  40. Jun 19, 2013
    It was a pretty good game but I dislike these short games because 60 dollars for a short game is never worth it unless you have multiplayer and I don't so.....Its weird that theres more dislikes.
  41. Jun 19, 2013
    Black Ops II is a decent Call of Duty game, but doesn't peak any records. The campaign was interesting and introduced a new twist. The characters were forgettable and the missions were somewhat fun. Campaign is a 6.

The multiplayer was as awful as Black Ops with bad hit detection, huge amounts of lag, and bad map design.got to 1st prestige before I found myself back in Modern Warfare 2 and 3. Multiplayer is a mediocre 4.

Zombies was fun and entertaining, but nowhere near the amazing entertainment that Black Ops packed. Zombies is the only reason I still play Call of Duty Black Ops 2. It deserves a 7.

Overall, Black Ops 2 earns a five from me, below normal Call of Duty standards. I've found that almost every game made by Infinity Ward surpasses Treyarch's crappy games. Hopefully Ghosts will raise the standard a little.

Overall 5
  42. Jun 19, 2013
    This game was fun at the for the first month then i was done. Call of Duty's formula is really running thin. I appreciate at least an effort in trying to make changes in story and multiplayer but it still is relatively unchanged. The story, well i never finished it because the strike force missions were so bad that i didn't bother finishing it. I can't recommend Cod anymore there areThis game was fun at the for the first month then i was done. Call of Duty's formula is really running thin. I appreciate at least an effort in trying to make changes in story and multiplayer but it still is relatively unchanged. The story, well i never finished it because the strike force missions were so bad that i didn't bother finishing it. I can't recommend Cod anymore there are better Fist Person Shooters out there. Expand
  43. Jun 17, 2013
    When it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affectsWhen it first came out, I thought of this game as an 8 out of 10. But now that I've seen Activision's horrible DLC marketing strategies such as the camo packs and the purchasable calling cards, that are flipping country flags, my opinion has changed. I loved the single player. I thought it wasn't anything spectacularly innovative but in terms of story-telling and how your choice affects the outcome of the game it was really great. I felt that the single-player was the best of all the Call of Duty's to-date, just surpassing Black Ops 1's single-player. The zombies mode felt like it was done before and better at that, but that's not saying there isn't any fun to be had here, quite the opposite actually. The implementation of easter eggs in a desirable achievement wrapping makes it all the more fun when you're plowing through hundreds of zombies with your friends. The Tranzit map was definitely blown way out of proportion at E3 and what not, saying that a bus drives you all over an entire country-side to randomized locations and a huge open-world sandbox. All of that wasn't true. It was a set course that drives you from one location after the other, and I believe there are five of them. All in the same order. Anyways, about the multiplayer. I felt that it was one of the best multiplayers of all the CoD's, but I felt that they definitely took big missteps in their marketing strategies and the actual quality of the DLC maps. All of the DLC maps except a few are literally HORRIBLE. No innovation or even attraction in any way and the strategic placement of the objects is basically non existent. Anyways, this is one of the best CoD's to date and I think that if you enjoyed MW2 and/or MW3 than you will enjoy this one. Expand
  44. Jun 17, 2013
    Th game itself is a lot more enjoyable than past titles trying desperately to offer something new to the series with optional side missions that can alter the outcome along with important changes that can affect the ending as well, but it still manages to come out as the same game offering absolutely nothing new with multiplayer and zombies feeling again like a sloppily thrown togetherTh game itself is a lot more enjoyable than past titles trying desperately to offer something new to the series with optional side missions that can alter the outcome along with important changes that can affect the ending as well, but it still manages to come out as the same game offering absolutely nothing new with multiplayer and zombies feeling again like a sloppily thrown together side feature.

45. Jun 14, 2013
    SP was fun, Zombies is ok. only the dlc maps are fun) Tranzit is pretty bad. MP is boring as hell, I preferred MW3 MP and that says something. Get it for the zombies but don't expect anything amazing.
  46. Jun 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a game which tries to be original but ends up being another good shooter.
    Concept: 6/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Entertainment: 8/10
    Total Score: 7/10
  47. Jun 9, 2013
    HONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPSHONESTLY IT DOES HURT THE GAME INDUSTRY THAT THESE REDUNDANT COD GAMES SELL 30MIL COPPIES EACH. People buy 20-30mil copies of CoD and miss out on truly unique games like metro 2033 or the darkness 2 and these are in the same genre they are FPS's and damn good too. How many people can say they truly bought call of duty black ops AND Metro 2033 Not many if any and at least metro is an FPS too. Can anyone say black op2 was actually pound for pound better than Deus Ex H.R.? Now i don't always agree with critics but even they thought deus ex was much better than black ops2 and look how deus ex sells maybe 2 million including pc and Call of doody black oops2 sells 10 times that on xbox alone. Even worse a great immersive FPS with ten times the heart and story Metro 2033 sells under 500,000 copies, yes it sold in the ball park of four hundred thousand copies...shameful that a quality game like that sells all together less than what CoD sells in one day. Is this because CoD blows ops2 is soooooo much better than metro....? NO, it is not but brain washed sheep buy the same game with the same engine in it with the same graphics every single year, they just change the name or put a creative (1),(2),or (3) next to it and the lambs come running to shell out 60$ instead of getting a truly unique experience and maybe having some taste or style or any uniqueness of your own. Even a mega hit multiplatform game that in my opinion might be the best of all time the vaunted "Fallout 3" pales in comparison with around 8mil sold while each CoD game more than triples those sales. Can even a CoD fan name any CoD game that even comes close to being as great as Fallout 3....wait i forgot to say that modernwarfare 2 doesn't count........just kidding that would be too cruel because that is what you were gonna say right CoD fanboy you original gamer you, and i bet you play CoD on your XBOX too how original and i bet you don't even play the 4hr campaign do you? All you 14yr olds and 40yr olds alike just grab a slim jim, take a swig of Monster if you are 14 and of course Budweiser if you are 40 and start on that CoD multiplayer with all that great story and non repetitive MP gameplay, of course you do this while waiting in anticipation for bungie's next sterile, super unique( i.e. halo 3 odst) game. Oh wait bungie is actually doing something good now (i.e. Destiny) so i guess 343 or whatever their name is will be copy and pasting a new label on the same old halo game, but at least halo doesnt come out twice a year. Good luck on not being as good as Battlefield 4 Call of Doody Ghosts (scary ghosts) but hey there are enough dumb people out there so you will outsell them even with last gen graphics and the same exact engine as model warfare. Greedy, Greedy Activision shoveling crap and calling it caviar when will you stop buying it. Expand
  48. May 28, 2013
    I am a bit shocked at the low reviews, thought more COD fanboys would be all up in here!

As others have said, its just another COD, but this one is even more polished,
    Matchmaking is a total joke tho,
    Not really sure why they put in so many weapons when SMG's are so dominant.

I never even bother with COD campaigns, so my rating is only based on MP.
  49. May 26, 2013
    When Black Ops II was announced, I didn't know what to think. another sequel in CoD, and another one taking place in the future? I was skeptical at first, but when I actually played it, I realized my original thoughts on the game all turned out to be opposite. The gameplay is the same as always, but some aspects of the campaign add to the mix. The campaign is actually the best part aboutWhen Black Ops II was announced, I didn't know what to think. another sequel in CoD, and another one taking place in the future? I was skeptical at first, but when I actually played it, I realized my original thoughts on the game all turned out to be opposite. The gameplay is the same as always, but some aspects of the campaign add to the mix. The campaign is actually the best part about the game. The story is well-written, and I say it's story is up there with CoD4. I like how you can now customize a class before starting a campaign mission. the access kit perk you can get is pretty nice, as it adds the sense of nonlinear gameplay, which is something I really like. The strike force missions, however, are one of the game's worst aspects. I didn't like the fact that RTS missions were in a game like Call of Duty, but the way the Strike force missions are set up is downright confusing. Unless you're going for the best ending of the game, ignore all of these missions. Black Ops II is the first to feature multiple endings. While I wasn't anticipating this to work, especially for Call of Duty, Treyarch manages to make it work just fine. The multiplayer is just like previous titles, with a level 55 cap before reaching prestige. the new game modes add to the fun, but I usually don't play multiplayer that often. That's because of the worst aspect of the game: the Pick 10 System. The Pick 10 system is terrible; I don't understand why the classes are now limited. Sure, there are more customization options, like the wildcards, but their effect doesn't matter when you reach the limit. It should have been like previous titles, and just have one or two wildcards. the custom classes were doing just fine in Black Ops, MW3, and even this game's singleplayer, so what happened here? The zombies mode, while good, isn't as good as previous zombie modes. the transit mode didn't entertain me that much, grief mode is a mess, and survival isn't as fun anymore since new gameplay options are being added. You may call adding new modes to zombies is a positive, but I usually don't like it when more things are added to something simple, like zombies. that may just be because I had a lot more enjoyment with past games than this one. Overall, Black Ops II isn't a bad game, just a decent, kind of bland one. The campaign will have you playing it again thanks to nonlinear gameplay, the multiplayer is butchered thanks to the Pick 10 System, and the zombies, while still enjoyable, doesn't seem as fun as past zombie modes. IF you're a CoD fan, you've probably already picked this up. If CoD doesn't interest you at al, this one won't change your mind. Expand
  50. May 22, 2013
    I usually don't get many CoD games since, they have the tendency to lack in change, after playing WaW, BO and MW3 at a friends, i realized the game just lost its innovation, if you get this game every year, I'm not sure why you bother, but anyways, after playing this game, I feel like it was worth while. I mean the story mode was pretty alright, took me about 5 to 6 hours off an on, onI usually don't get many CoD games since, they have the tendency to lack in change, after playing WaW, BO and MW3 at a friends, i realized the game just lost its innovation, if you get this game every year, I'm not sure why you bother, but anyways, after playing this game, I feel like it was worth while. I mean the story mode was pretty alright, took me about 5 to 6 hours off an on, on Veteran. Multiplayer is still the same as ever, although repetitive from previous games, I do give Treyarch a thumbs up for the new pick 10 system, it adds new ways to set up your equipment. I say if you're iffy about the game and have the previous one, don't bother, stick with the one you have, if you're like that haven't bought a CoD game since MW2 give it a try but don't bother with the season pass or dlc, to my opinion it just isn't worth it. If you're a fan of the series, well there's nothing I can tell you to change your mind, you're probably playing it AND have the season pass. Expand
  51. May 18, 2013
    ever since black ops 1 the call of duty games have lost their wow I mean the only great thing about this is its story but everything else is just awful like the graphics its just the same thing over and over again and the shooting it is just awful.
    Activision has to let call of duty rest for some time then the games could be more polished and also with a new graphics engine this is what i want but no they wont because is such a big money maker and will never stop being a money maker I have basically lost hope on the call of duty series now its just gone
  52. May 10, 2013
    This game is is one of those games that you constantly hear is terrible then when you actually decide to play it your blown away this is one of the better online experiences and with everyone complaining about it being unbalanced yet these guys will go ahead and play mw2 don't miss this game if the price is right its fun with friends and good by your-self
  53. May 9, 2013
    Basically once again, Recycled goods? First off I'll start by explaining that I do not hate the CoD franchise in anyway, in fact I was a severe lover of the original games and of course that one particular game that set the bar for all FPS games in the future Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

CoD4 easily took at least 25 days of my life away from me, I couldn't put it down at all. The simple feeling of gaining two helicopters (7 Killstreak) in one TDM just made you feel like rambo. I remember actually being credited for my performances sometimes, back in the good old days when party chat didn't kill the social aspect of gaming. I enjoyed every mode on that game, for it's simple mechanics and challenging multiplayer.

Now though? CoD has become nothing more that constant cycle of well yes Recycling. All the new games in the series really add is more killstreak variations, new guns (some old) and new maps. It's because of this, I couldn't find any enjoyment out of reaching max prestige and consistently playing even after that. I would state the single player isn't all that bad but who really buys CoD for the single player? The only reason I've ever bought the latest installments of the franchise is due to friends wanting me to get it, so I'll sit there at the midnight release each year with my pals hoping, just hoping that the next release will hit my gamer heart so hard that I will want to grind the hell out of hitting max prestige again. Sadly none have done this, and I think I will definitely be giving the next game a miss.

I will however state that regardless of the creativity the game lacks, it's still a fun shooter. Of course it can be frustrating but what FPS isn't. It's worth getting just to shoot a few peeps, but don't expect anything special out of it. I think I will defo be sticking to Battlefield from now on.
  54. May 8, 2013
    The only reason this score is so low is because of two words: Lag. Compensation. While you see something on your screen, the server has essentially decide your fate. The person you shot at is already two steps behind you and knifed your back. And don't even get me started on the knifing. Clunkiest melee combat system ever devised. The campaign was interesting, suspensful, and the best ofThe only reason this score is so low is because of two words: Lag. Compensation. While you see something on your screen, the server has essentially decide your fate. The person you shot at is already two steps behind you and knifed your back. And don't even get me started on the knifing. Clunkiest melee combat system ever devised. The campaign was interesting, suspensful, and the best of the series. Zombies is back and better than ever. Zombies was the main reason I bought this game. But I digress. If you come for the multiplayer, you are going to throw your controller at your screen a couple of times...like always. Expand
  55. May 6, 2013
    MW3 and all BF games these BO games

MW3 and all BF games these BO games

I am a shooter fan. I don't care about COD versus BF, I want both to be good. The people making these black ops games should go work for resident evil team (since they can't make a good zombie game), and stop trying to make PvP shooters. The only good part about this or BO 1 is the mini-game, and this is supposed to be a warfare simulator not freaking Resident Evil.

It is really bad for new players; the matchmaking does not separate the games by rank, only the teams. Which means if you are level 5 and you are in a game with 10 other max level players, you are going to be highly outgunned no matter what team you are on. The only people who ever use their mic's are 10 year old boys. All around poor playerbase, with very little focus on teamwork. The only way to get a good group with microphones is to be in a clan (or is it klan?), and they expect unrealistic level of dedication from people who play video games in their limited spare time between work and college courses.
  56. May 1, 2013
    CoD, CoD never changes. Well that's not completely true. They do try to add new things to the each successive iteration. But the problem is that the changes done this time do nothing to make things better. Assuming that the rest of the game is the same old same old lets look at the changes shall we? (focussing on sp here) :
    -loadout screen in front of each mission ala ranbow six. While
    -loadout screen in front of each mission ala ranbow six. While this might have been welcome addition, it really doesn't matter so much in the CoD universe. i mostly keep switch guns and the game also keeps many different types of guns for us to use during checkpoints anyways.
    -Semi optional tower defense/rts tactical game. Let me tell you, i am a rts enthusiast and even i was thinking "what is this doing inside CoD"? Besides, the units take too long to respond, new units spawn very slowly and the whole mission takes way too much time.
    -Choice system and multiple endings. While i have no proper with such a system,i wonder why was it suddenly given suddenly in blops2? and since the series is such a linear gameplay experience, i was kinda annoyed.
    A point comes in the game where u have to snipe a masked target. I tried to shoot at the guards holding the target and i got a game over screen. But its out you could've saved the guy by shooting his limbs off! Really? Why doesn't it give me a game over wen i do that
    -Story. Implausible on all levels. The bad guy gets caught and escapes so many times, its laughable.

So there u go. 4 changes that could have improved the game but end up making it worse. Essentially because they are tacked on to the same old game
  57. Apr 30, 2013
    Remember BlOps 1? Well... this game has similar feelings attached. Sometimes, the levels are AMAZING, and sometimes, you just want to throw your controller through the screen. The Storymode is pretty ok. That's about it. The multiplayer is pretty whacky, because there are a LOT of camper spammers. Ugh. Zombies is a mixed bag; I really enjoy this mode the most, yet... I wish there was more.Remember BlOps 1? Well... this game has similar feelings attached. Sometimes, the levels are AMAZING, and sometimes, you just want to throw your controller through the screen. The Storymode is pretty ok. That's about it. The multiplayer is pretty whacky, because there are a LOT of camper spammers. Ugh. Zombies is a mixed bag; I really enjoy this mode the most, yet... I wish there was more. Plus it is MUCH harder than BlOps 1, due to finding the dang Box. Ha, that aside, I'd say a solid $20 dollar game. Too bad they want $50 for it. Expand
  58. Apr 27, 2013
    To be honest, I think CoD Black ops 2 was actually great. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either; it's average. The game is good and I really liked the story line. the zombie mode has become more fun but the multiplayer however has still not changed and fixed its flaws that people like us have been complaining about since Modern warfare came out. Other than that it is OK.
  59. Apr 24, 2013
    I came to the Call of Duty party fairly late, some time after Modern Warfare 2 and World at War, and I sincerely mean what I am about to say.

The single player is the worst I've ever seen in a CoD game. Texture pop in, forgettable story and utterly annoying Strike Force missions. Still enjoyable for what it is but when compared to the previous campaigns it pales in compaison.

Multiplayer is as good as ever. Nuff said

Zombies is better than ever, easily the best part of the game. The same arcade action Treyarch improved with Black Ops with more features that just make it fun. Not to mention a return of the loveable over the top characters thatalso help characterise the mode, with voices new and old.

All in all a good game, but at the same time the worst Call of Duty I've played thus far.
  60. Apr 18, 2013
    I have been playing call of duty for a while and I will have to say, Black ops II is a mixed bag. The campaign is player driven and gives you choices throughout the single player experience that will eventually make a big outcome in the end. I feel that the single player campaign was the best thing about this game.
    As for multiplayer, it is basically a copy-paste of former games, having
    As for multiplayer, it is basically a copy-paste of former games, having little innovation and broken spawn points. I feel that the multiplayer was a big dissapointment, but if you liked previous COD multiplayers before, you will probably like this one too.
    Zombies now and I thought that the zombies mode was similar to mulitplayer, as in little to innovate and having copy-paste mechanics to the gameplay. On grief, I thought of more ways to troll my fellow teamates than just butterflies, but as i said again, if you like previous COD Zombies, then you will probably like this one.
    Overall, Black Ops II is a good addition to the Call of Duty series, with a great, player driven campaign and a hit-and-miss Multiplayer and Zombies. The visuals are great and the gameplay is satisfying. I would suggest getting it if you are going to focus on the campaign more and less on the other game modes.
  61. Apr 12, 2013
    Love or hate it COD is here to stay, if you are looking for something new then yes they have med some. But most of the game is the same as the other in the series. i am however really impressed by the story as it has to be the best in the series yet. With multiple endings and choices you have that impacts the campaign i love the new direction the story took. By far the best in the seriesLove or hate it COD is here to stay, if you are looking for something new then yes they have med some. But most of the game is the same as the other in the series. i am however really impressed by the story as it has to be the best in the series yet. With multiple endings and choices you have that impacts the campaign i love the new direction the story took. By far the best in the series even though it`s the same ol formula Expand
  62. Apr 12, 2013
    After playing multiplayer for a few months, I can honestly say this game is broken. The spawning system is so F'd up it's not even funny, enemies will literally spawn behind you and kill you once re spawned. The only map with legit spawning is hydro(dlc) cause there's literally two spawn points. There are also so many times where I shoot someone first and get killed, and people willAfter playing multiplayer for a few months, I can honestly say this game is broken. The spawning system is so F'd up it's not even funny, enemies will literally spawn behind you and kill you once re spawned. The only map with legit spawning is hydro(dlc) cause there's literally two spawn points. There are also so many times where I shoot someone first and get killed, and people will literally be aiming at my legs and when I shoot them; their flinch makes their gun jump up for a head shot. WTF cod!? This is a game where pistols are more reliable than AR's, people run around with snipers quickscoping. Man 80% of all my deaths are getting killed from behind, or people that I didn't see. The only good thing is the pick 10 system. It's playable, but definitely over-hyped for what it is. Expand
  63. Apr 2, 2013
    I’ve played a lot of shooters, but not a COD game until now. I haven’t missed much. The game offers a forgettable campaign that is more interactive movie than shooter. The story is convoluted and sloppy. It's essentially an on rails shooter with equal parts gameplay and cinematics. For us older gamers who appreciated the heydays of ID and Valve, this is a dreadful combination. Is theI’ve played a lot of shooters, but not a COD game until now. I haven’t missed much. The game offers a forgettable campaign that is more interactive movie than shooter. The story is convoluted and sloppy. It's essentially an on rails shooter with equal parts gameplay and cinematics. For us older gamers who appreciated the heydays of ID and Valve, this is a dreadful combination. Is the expeexpectation that shooters involve tons of shooting asking too much? Treyarch added RTS elements called Strikeforce missions to the series. Unfortunately, they’re half-baked additions that detract from the experience. Completing the missions affects the ending, but the ending is chaotic either way. If you want an engaging campaign, look elsewhere. Who am I kidding? COD games are known for their multiplayer experiences. The zombie mode is disappointing. The maps are cramped and dull. The zombies are dull. The gameplay is dull. It’s just plain dull. If you want zombies, pick up Left for Dead 2. The Left for Dead series sets the gold standard for zombie games and has an active online community. After all the hype surrounding the zombie mode, I’m left scratching my head asking myself: Why is this so popular? Perhaps I’m missing something. BO 2’s zombie mode demonstrates why Valve games have such long self-lives.The regular multiplayer is appreciably better. The game performs admirably on Xbox with smooth and swift action. That is the hallmark of COD games: performance. That being said, there is little innovation. The graphics are noticeably dated and almost cartoonish. The “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality of Activision is hard to justify after playing this game. It’s just another twitch finger multiplayer. The customization system is OK, but most upgrades feel useless. Also, footsteps are inaudible. Being stabbed in the back feels cheap because you literally never hear it coming. The multiplayer maps are tiny which negatively impacts gameplay. The result is an overabundance of SMG users. These guns possess absurd short to mid-range stopping power. Hip firing SMG's easily clears out rooms full of baddies. There is also an overabundance of quick scoping. Players running around with sniper rifles getting quick, close-range kills is just ridiculous. The scorestreak system is flawed as it only rewards the top 10-20% of players with the best bonuses. Since scorestreaks can be carried thru multiple rounds they are spammed during tiebreakers. The argument that the COD multiplayer is an unrealistic arcade shooter certainly applies here. You can snipe with SMG’s and get kills on the run with sniper rifles. All that said, once you master the game, it can be fun. Thankfully, combat training allows players to hone their skills without affecting their much revered stats. You can still rank up and unlock attachments for your weapons, but the round bonuses are reduced by half. The online community for COD is massive. Lobbies are always full for all game modes. If you have a fast internet connection, change your settings to only connect with players with an equally fast or faster connection. This can significantly reduce lag and bullet warping. However, the COD community is a bittersweet asset. It’s brimming with sore losers who love nothing more than to pester players for violating the “rules”. Camping and “noob toobing” are apparently grave offenses and merit harassment and name calling against those engaging in such reprehensible behaviors. Using an LMG with a target finder is also deplorable and deserves racist and homophobic taunts. The amount of harassment and name calling I’ve experienced in Black Ops 2 is unrivalled on any Xbox game I’ve play. It's nasty at times. What’s saddening is that children are just as nasty as adults. I blame parents for this. Still, Xbox and Activision do poor jobs enforcing the Code of Conduct that everyone agrees to. The general consensus in a BO 2 lobby: Reporting someone brings zero results. The notion that Xbox’s reporting system is broken fosters this behavior. Considering Xbox Live Gold is a paid service, they should do a better job censuring players. Black Ops 2 does a lot of things, but it doesn’t do anything well. The campaign is awful. The multiplayer unbalanced. And the zombie mode is just plain overhyped. Ghost Recon Future Soldier didn't receive the hype and is a excels as shooter. But Future Soldier is tough because it involves heavy tactics and teamwork which turns most players off. COD games are popular because the games are technically easy to play. This is unfortunate because there are much better games out there which are left cowering in the shadow of a subpar, overhyped behemoth. Expand
  64. Apr 1, 2013
    The game may seem okay,not everything seemed as it needed to.I felt like if i was playing Black Ops 1 again.Only 3 missions in the campaign were good while the rest were just terrible just like doing the same thhing again and again,The Multiplayer was exactly the same.
    I loved Zombies,though
  65. Mar 29, 2013
    If this was a new IP, this would be a fine game. probably a 7.5/10 or an 8/10. Instead it is plagued by many of the problems of it's predecessors. This is the biggest problem that i find with the CoD series of games. They are broken and then the next one is not fixed. Lets get on to BO2 though. 1st, presentation, the look of the game is fairly fluid. It runs at a smooth 60fps butIf this was a new IP, this would be a fine game. probably a 7.5/10 or an 8/10. Instead it is plagued by many of the problems of it's predecessors. This is the biggest problem that i find with the CoD series of games. They are broken and then the next one is not fixed. Lets get on to BO2 though. 1st, presentation, the look of the game is fairly fluid. It runs at a smooth 60fps but that still isn't enough to ignore the graphics that look like they are about 3 years behind. It's had to play a game like this after playing something like BF3 or Halo 4. When you actually stop and look at something you can tell the textures are very sub par. This wouldn't be a huge deal if that was the standard, but I know that there can be so much better. Best that I can tell, the developers are hoping you would be moving to quickly to notice such poor graphics. This is true for the most part. Most of the game play moves along very quickly which does help the graphics problem. Story, It's Call of Duty. It's a massive scale war that has Michael Bay as the Commander in Chief. It looks cool, it is adrenaline pumping, but after 6 games of the basically same massive scale war, different day. It gets old. The jumps in time are cool and an interesting way to break up the game. The game also tried to introduce something new called Strike Force mode. It is terrible, you are suppose to be able to control different units from above and jump between them and it just doesn't work. They are not smart enough and it ends up just being annoying. I found myself doing the one required strike force mission then skipping the rest. Gameplay: It's a CoD game, it plays very much like every other CoD game. Multiplayer: I've played a lot of multiplayer and it is fun. It can also be very frustrating. It, like many other CoD games is very unbalanced. The other problem is that they don't fix it. When the lifetime of your game is only 1 year, there isn't much of a motivation to actually release patches to fix issues with the game. So there are many things that ended up being heavily unbalanced and have been left totally unfixed. Also, the map design is the standard 3 lane maps. Zombies: I have not played much of zombies, from what I have played, it does not feel nearly as solid of flushed out as it was in BO or WaW. I feel like they tried to do to much and forgot what zombies was all about.

This once a year release gets lots of money for activision but it doesn't help make good games. I could probably right the same review for the past 4 CoD's. They all share the same issues and these issues are never fixed. The graphics also need to catch up. They are way behind. Like I said before if this was a new IP, I would give it a 7.5/10 with hopes that where they go from here will improve the problems. But, seeing as how this is the 6th game in the modern CoD series, there are really no excuses at this point. I give it a 5/10
  66. Mar 25, 2013
    I was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is notI was never a COD fan but I have to say that COD is never a bad game. People hate it just because Activision is abusing the same shooter stuff. To be honest, I don't really like this game and I only play zombies. Most people hate it because they spent (and they are going to spend) $60 on a shooter game that looks ALMOST the same as the game the bought last year. But hey, the problem is not about the game itself. Imagine if it's the first time you play this game. The graphics is awesome and the game runs at 60 FPS which is amazing. The multiplayer is intense and fun (in the beginning). The zombie mode is the best and very addictive. I wish Activision could release COD games every 2 or 3 years instead of 1, because people will get bored really fast. Expand
  67. Mar 25, 2013
    It's not bad but the Over-popular and overrated Black oops 2 doesn't give the entertainment awesome video games need. Fans(or should I say lunatics) will not be pleased.
  68. Mar 17, 2013
    The game was decent. I was disappointing by the plot with it's obliviously short and easy ending, plus the weapons being way too powerful. Multiplayer has a poor selection of maps and no new, appealing game modes. Zombies, was decent on the other hand. I preferred the original BO in a long shot, but it's the same dog on a hot sidewalk.
  69. Mar 16, 2013
    Its okay........ It isn't bad by any means. It is certainly better than the first Black Ops. Treyarch actually tried this time around. Treyarch actually could have made something great, but unfortunately, Activision demands that a CoD game must come out every year. Had this game been in development for 3 years, it would have been a really good game.

But yes, I agree, it is the same as

But yes, I agree, it is the same as the other CoDs.
  70. Mar 15, 2013
    This game is fun. Basically every criticism I've heard about it is true (i.e., doesn't innovate, is the same game as CoD4, etc., 100% linear). But it's fun. The linear CoD design has solved my biggest pet peeve from pre-1990s games: not knowing where to go next and feeling like I'm wasting my time. Before, I would just look up a walkthrough, but the objective marker just keeps meThis game is fun. Basically every criticism I've heard about it is true (i.e., doesn't innovate, is the same game as CoD4, etc., 100% linear). But it's fun. The linear CoD design has solved my biggest pet peeve from pre-1990s games: not knowing where to go next and feeling like I'm wasting my time. Before, I would just look up a walkthrough, but the objective marker just keeps me immersed in the game. Aside from the sandbox shooters, all the competitors copy CoD because it works. Also, it's a pretty, polished game with lots of spectacle.
    So why not a higher score? Because it doesn't innovate and it is more like an expansion pack to CoD4 than the 5th sequel. The new stuff (a pseudo-rts mode and a cool see-through-walls scope) is pretty minor, and I probably won't be replaying the single-player mode ever again. Also, while I really liked the revenge-driven plot of Modern Warfare 3, the plot of BlOps 2 doesn't really do anything for me. So I'd say slightly above average. Worth playing once if you like the linear FPS genre, but not something I'd stake my reputation recommending to my friends.
  71. Mar 10, 2013
    The game overall is okay, but the campaign really really sucks. The only part which improved was the zombie mode. The zombie mode is probably the best part of the game because it provides a lot of epicness in the game and the levels in the zombie mode are newer and better than the old ones, that game mode is the only mode thats good in this game
  72. Mar 10, 2013
    finally some improvement to the game. But just not enough all the same with new modes, and the story has been improved a little. They added AI to play against finally so i can just chill out and play the game now and a point to it for almost every area except creativity +3, game-play +2
  73. Mar 4, 2013
    There is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that wasThere is nothing too wrong with this game, but that is also the problem. Treyarch did little to innovate outside the pick 10 system and released a buggy and lag-comp heavy mulitplayer. While the campaign is fine as always, I feel as if they ruined zombies too. They tried to hard to innovate while not preserving very much. I really had high hopes for this game after the travesty that was Modern Warfare 3 but I haven't touched this game in 2 months and it does not look like I will be returning anytime soon. Expand
  74. Mar 3, 2013
    Treyarch and Activision made a wonderful game Call of Duty Black Ops 1 but also this game was really good. The whole Call of Duty series is good personally MW2 was the best.
  75. Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able toWell, I told myself I wasn't going to buy it and as always I ended up getting it. However, unlike most people I am actually somewhat impressed. Don't take that the wrong way though. Black ops 2 is definitely not the new innovational COD everyone was hoping for, but it isn't as bad as some people proclaim it to be. As usual, the campaign is short and predictable but you'll still be able to get at least some satisfaction out of it. The multiplayer is actually quite good. For the first time they actually got the gun power right. Not one gun is over powered and used by everyone in the game, but instead each gun seems to be ment for a certain playing style/map. Speaking of the maps, they are by far the least innovational part of the game. I often times find myself thinking of a map from a previous COD while playing the multiplayer. (I swear to god, Hijacked is just Nuketown on a boat.) Then we have zombies. Now, I absolutely loved the zombies in the original Black ops and I must say that I am kind of disappointed with transit. It just feels like a giant cluster to me. Too complicated I guess? Then when you play on one of the four locations by itself it just feels too small. On the other hand though, the DLC's zombie map is much more enjoyable and I hope to see much more like it in the future. In my opinion, the game is definitely worth owning. I give it a 7 out of 10 Expand
  76. Feb 16, 2013
    Campaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, butCampaign is decent in comparison to other CoDs but still pretty mediocre. Multiplayer maps are also mediocre, and the game has some serious technical problems. The weapon balance is excellent, however, but in typical Treyarch fashion, there is very little variety among the weapons. Generally not enough recoil on them either. Zombies is actually a lot worse than it was in WaW and BO, but still playable. The game is decent overall, but it lacks in innovation and change, as we have come to expect from Call of Duty titles. Overall, very meh. Expand
  77. Feb 16, 2013
    Not nearly as bad as most of the negative reviewers would have you believe, but Black Ops II is definitely suffering from a strong case of Beenthereitis. The "Pick 10" system is a nice little addition, and I also liked how you could customize your load-out before campaign missions. Nice touches indeed.

But back to the so-called "reviewers." Most of the douche bags giving this game a 1/10 and so on are simply window lickers looking to bash CoD for the sake of bashing CoD. Plain and simple. I'd even go so far as to say that most of the aforementioned dickheads haven't even played the game. Sad when you think about it.
  78. Feb 15, 2013
    BO2 isn't one of the best COD out there but it'll do. The really only good thing about BO2 is Zombie mode. It is way more fun than the original but still has a challenge to it. I personally think they shouldn't make the zombies too hard until round 30 though. I perfer the first BO over BO2 because of many reasons also. The campaign is ok and the multiplayer could've been a whole lotBO2 isn't one of the best COD out there but it'll do. The really only good thing about BO2 is Zombie mode. It is way more fun than the original but still has a challenge to it. I personally think they shouldn't make the zombies too hard until round 30 though. I perfer the first BO over BO2 because of many reasons also. The campaign is ok and the multiplayer could've been a whole lot better. In mutiplayer there is a very small selection of guns and most of them are overpowered. The perks are ok but a lot of them seem to be part of the same categorey. The camos are very unrealistic. The maps were disappointing. Most of them were just crap they put together and make it seem amazing. There are only 2 maps i liked on this game. The rest are boring and have no point. But other than that this game gets a 6 mainly because of zombie mode. Expand
  79. Feb 13, 2013
    I'm not going to complain about the game being the same as last years (it works for sports game and no one says a thing). This game has a bunch of flaws. Ever since COD1 there's been a horrible hit box. You can miss a person completely and kill them or shot a person in the knees and get a head shot. If the hit box was more accurate like the previous games I wouldn't have an issue with this game.
  80. Jan 28, 2013
    i must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some ofi must say this is nearly has good as MW2, the changes with the campaign are great how ever the new tactical mode need to be updated the CPU are so basic that they can not shoot through a fence or hole. the multi player is still the same with all the modes that we love from black ops. but the main reason i like this game is because of how much they have improve the campaign has some of you decisions change the story Expand
  81. Jan 28, 2013
    Same old Same old. I was really dubious when it came to buying Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and I wish I hadn't the campaign and zombies are decent and the graphics are good but lets be honest everybody buys call of duty for the multiplayer . Call of Duty started go downhill in my opinion after Modern Warfare 2. Call of duty 4 and World at War are the originals and the best because they are soSame old Same old. I was really dubious when it came to buying Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and I wish I hadn't the campaign and zombies are decent and the graphics are good but lets be honest everybody buys call of duty for the multiplayer . Call of Duty started go downhill in my opinion after Modern Warfare 2. Call of duty 4 and World at War are the originals and the best because they are so basic and pay attention to detail. Expand
  82. Jan 26, 2013
    The campaign story is one of the best COD has recently offered. The one glaring (and frankly, unforgivable) flaw is with the Strike Force missions. If you are not planning on playing on the harder difficulties, they really are not that big of an issue, albeit poorly executed with respect to controls and friendly AI. On the harder settings, these become a gigantic nuisance due to theThe campaign story is one of the best COD has recently offered. The one glaring (and frankly, unforgivable) flaw is with the Strike Force missions. If you are not planning on playing on the harder difficulties, they really are not that big of an issue, albeit poorly executed with respect to controls and friendly AI. On the harder settings, these become a gigantic nuisance due to the terrible friendly AI. The multiplayer is also good, and I think I enjoy it more than the BO1. Overall, above average game that could have been great. Expand
  83. Jan 22, 2013
    If Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the CODIf Black Ops II were the first COD game you've ever played, then it'll probably be pretty good, but right now, it's pretty boring. I mean, it is fun when you play it with friends, but the gameplay is pretty dry. Although, the campaign is pretty good, the mutliplayer isn't. Zombies is pretty fun though. I would like to see more effort in making the game solid, as I believe the COD makers are just depending too heavily on the popularity of their series that they stop catering to the community's wishes. Expand
  84. Jan 21, 2013
    As a game by itself, Black Ops 2 is a pretty good game. However, with all the other repetitive shooters, this isn't anything new. The multiplayer is okay, but the only really redeeming feature is Zombie mode.
  85. Jan 18, 2013
    Treyarch has managed to come out of its shell from the release of CoD:Blops 2. now after looking through all the controversial bullish that is given stating that its like all the others there's nothing different. (keep in mind a developer can only go so far under the arms of a publisher [especially in a "triple A franchise"]). after peeling all that off you have a game that has a largeTreyarch has managed to come out of its shell from the release of CoD:Blops 2. now after looking through all the controversial bullish that is given stating that its like all the others there's nothing different. (keep in mind a developer can only go so far under the arms of a publisher [especially in a "triple A franchise"]). after peeling all that off you have a game that has a large amount of potential that strikes very hard key selling points. The stellar campaign given felt a lot (not completely though,) different. It gave players a little more freedom and choice throughout the game as well as a slight sense of emotional awareness within the choices they made as a character. From mission load screens to in-game non-avoidable choices. These things made me fall in love with the sometimes drooling campaign. Zombies of course makes its large return and greater than ever, with new maps and a long sought after theater mode. This combined with 4v4 chaos in grief mode ends up resulting in countless hours of play time (not including future DLC and modes). Of course as every CoD game has been in the past the multiplayer is EXTREMELY addictive, but repetitive in its level system. But to fix this Treyarch has added several things to keep the players busy and happy longer. With the inclusion of a "league mode" which allows for PvP action within certain skill levels makes any and every gamer feel like a professional in there own world while enjoying the game. Theater mode also returns as expected and feels a little easier to use and less task heavy. The greatest thing that makes the games multiplayer fall short is its poorly created and managed servers. this results in a lag compensation and the case where in the right game mode the winner (9 times out of ten) is the host. This makes the newest installment of CoD:Blops 2 a game that i would buy in a heart beat but with a lack of polish and finesse in certain cases Expand
  86. Jan 15, 2013
    Well what can be said that has not been said 50,000 times over?? I gave the the original Black Ops a 9 because I thought it brought a nice change of pace to the franchise. I tried oh so hard to like this game, I even managed to prestige once before I gave up in utter disappointment with what I saw. Campaign wise, some of your actions do have a degree of effect on the story (although by howWell what can be said that has not been said 50,000 times over?? I gave the the original Black Ops a 9 because I thought it brought a nice change of pace to the franchise. I tried oh so hard to like this game, I even managed to prestige once before I gave up in utter disappointment with what I saw. Campaign wise, some of your actions do have a degree of effect on the story (although by how much is up to you as it seemed to effect the game story only slightly for me). But alas, like most recent triple A COD titles the characters are weak and I felt no connection to any of them. The classic COD AI is back out in force wreaking havoc on the enemy's concrete pillars and plaster walls all the while screaming at you to do anything and everything in between. The Strike Force missions were a nice attempt but ultimately fell short due to bad AI and RTS commands. That's it, I wont bother ripping on the campaign anymore because lets be honest; who in their right mind buys a COD game for the single player?
    As for multiplayer, it is fun at first but the fun rapidly dissipates after the first few hours of play. The maps are OK if uninspiring, but I could never shake off the feeling of claustrophobia that plagued me as I was playing. The god awful respawns and the cramped CQC style of the maps essentially forces you into lugging around high-rate-of-fire smgs or the dreaded Remington wherever you go. Snipers and LMG users are like black sheep in this game with one making an appearance every now and then and shocking the COD community. There are some perks and equipment that are clearly better than others (C4, Bouncing Bettys, that-god-**** ghost perk) While others such as Hard Wired, Awareness, and claymores lie completely unused (at least in my experience). I could go on, and on and on about the class imbalances and such, but I know this will fall mostly on deaf ears at this point. Once again the stagnat mulitiplayer leveling system and just boring unchanged gameplay leaves much to be desired.
    The Zombies mode however is the one and only saving grace this game has and it is very enjoyable when you have friends or a good group. I played i,t no lie for seven straight hours on Tranzit and Green Run and it helped soften the blow somewhat about blowing three Andrew Jacksons on this game.
    In my closing argument I want to make it clear that I love COD, I played the original COD on my PC way back in the early 2000's and had great memories playing it. I agree completely that COD4, MW2, BOPS1, was the zenith period for COD but sadly as this game and another (made by IW which shall forever remain namless...) has shown me that the glory day are long gone now. I appreciate Treyarch for trying something new and trying to innovate, but c' mon guys lets be serious here you and IW and especially Activision, are trying to revive a hero that has been dead for eight years now and no amount of "updating" or "improvements" will fix that. No its time to wipe the slate clean and start over fresh with new ideas and innovations. Better yet, we should avoid this game and invest money into games and companies like From Softwares Dark Souls or Planetside 2 or Blacklight. These companies at least give a crap about their fans and customers. But knowing activision, you have a better chance of winning the lottery in Texas than you do at Activision actually changing. So in summary..........
    0/10 for graphics hey activision last time I checked it was 2012/2013 not 2005.
    Campaign: 1.5/10 ( I know this is irrelevant it just makes me feel better!)
    Multiplayer: 2/10 minus an additional point to avenge by PC brothers and sisters for the appalling lack of dedicated servers. Fight on people!
    Zombies brings this game to a 5 because I like it and its actually fun.
    Shame on you Activision for ruining another good video game franchise. Looks like its back to Dark Souls for me.
  87. Jan 13, 2013
    Well there doesn't seem to be a review section for the PC version of this game so I will write one here.
    I have played this game since release date. For starters as was promised to PC players Dedicated servers, a lie.
    We have the same old P2P network offered to us in MW3 and MW2. Big falling point for a PC game. Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag
    Low traffic this system works adequately but not well, High traffic the lag is unbelievable as is evident on any weekend.
    Treyarch really lost my respect with this release but the game sells well and I guess that is all that matters to them.
    Multiplayer gets a 6/10 would have scored maybe 2 points higher if we had Dedicated Servers.

Zombies is riddled with very weird glitches, anyone travelling on the bus will know what I am talking about. A zombie 10-15 feet away on the bus can hit you, zombies can come through totally boarded up windows.
    Then there is the totally inexplicable random player glitches, like getting pulled off into the fog by an unseen force. Weapons totally disappearing amongst other glitches to numerous to mention.
    I respect they tried to incorporate new characters into the game but boy do I miss Nikolai and the boys from Black Ops.
    Zombies 5.5/10

Overall a huge disappointment. 5/10 Overall Score
    Chances of me buying any DLC's with the game as is Zero!
    Give us dedicated servers for PC, to have any chances of gaining any respect from the PC gaming community.
  88. Jan 11, 2013
    To begin, I have played all the COD games since COD4. I have broken down my review into PROS and CONS to show what works and what doesn't.

PROS: 1) Campaign is pretty good and has a cool mix of missions from the 1980's and the near future. 2) Graphics improved over BLOPS 1. 3) Great sound - guns sound louder and more powerful. 4) Redone Nuketown for multiplayer and zombies! 5)

PROS:
    3) Great sound - guns sound louder and more powerful.
    4) Redone Nuketown for multiplayer and zombies!
    5) Create-a-class system lets you really customize your class to your liking.

CONS:
    1) Multiplayer maps are pretty limited and none really stand out.
    2) Zombies just feel unfinished - it is 1 big map with multiple locations, but none of the locations are memorable. New characters are annoying and boring.
    3) Still haven't fixed Zombie matchmaking, hard to find a good group in a timely manner.
    4) No guns feel all that great. Almost all the guns play almost the same way and the unique weapons from BLOPS 1 were nerfed, meaning there is no reason to use them.
    5) Scorestreak system means well, but the exciting scorestreaks are fairly unobtainable unless you are an amazing player or get one in a care package.

As much as I loved BLOPS 1, and how excited I was for this game, I found myself pretty disappointing with how BLOPS 2 turned out. Zombies was a big selling point to me, but it just feels lackluster. MP is the same as ever, but there is no excitement to it like in BLOPS 1. I find myself being more frustrated with this game and even though it works well, I would trade it in if I hadn't bought the season pass.
  89. Jan 6, 2013
    The only thing about Black Ops 2 worth buying is zombies... Level 26 if anyone is wondering.
    Played like 5 mins of single player and had to stop playing multiplayer because it is so terrible to play....

/Inserts MW3 disc
  90. Jan 3, 2013
    Plenty of money went into this game, that much is evident. But is it any good ? Well ' sort of'. I buy CoD for the single player campaigns firstly and multiplayer second, so for you it might depend on what you want out of the game. Treyarch seem to have maxed out the capabilities of their aging engine and code in an obvious attempt to one-up Infinity Ward in wow-power and over-the-topPlenty of money went into this game, that much is evident. But is it any good ? Well ' sort of'. I buy CoD for the single player campaigns firstly and multiplayer second, so for you it might depend on what you want out of the game. Treyarch seem to have maxed out the capabilities of their aging engine and code in an obvious attempt to one-up Infinity Ward in wow-power and over-the-top sequences. For all it's glitz and glamour though, I felt pretty tapped-out by the end of the campaign. The studio seems hell bent on creating a bigger ' the whole world in in the frying pan' feel than even MW3 and it's just too cliche now to really give a care what countries are under attack, again at the whim of another madman with his own private army. Yawn. The original BO had some style going for it in its cold-war era missions, tech and intrigue. The sequel, sadly, includes a few more missions that take place in cold war hotspots that serve only to provide a weak basis for the events that take place in the near future. There are few short clips of Reagan giving speeches and intelligence reports being inked out to give you that 'black-ops' feel, but all that takes a back seat because Treyarch seems to want the player to see what their take on 'modern warfare' is - high-tech gizmos and weapons with a wide assortment of attachments, being used to perform wild stunts on small, bullet-filled battlefields. Once the story no longer rests on the actions of Woods, Mason and Hudson (I miss Ed Harris' voice), it very quickly turns into a 'stop the nutjob madman and his private army before he screws the whole planet' affair. Yawn. Few shooter stories carry unique scripts, but this one is held together by a very, very tired plot line and characters that belong in a Uwe Bol movie.

Is it pretty ? Sure. Exciting ? In parts. Is this proof that you can't get a top-shelf title simply by throwing money at it ? Absolutely. It will fill a few hours of your time off-line and likely a bunch more online, but the unique things about it's predecessor are missing and in its place you'll find a big pile of glitter and a bunch of actors that could have been put to better use. Micheal Rooker and Tony Todd are great to hear though.

Keep trying Treyarch.
  91. Jan 2, 2013
    As many will tell you, it's not as good as its predecessors, and because in general call of duty hasn't been making any notable improvements since Call of Duty 4. There are a few new features in campaign, that help, but don't exactly make it fun. The multiplayer is not as good as other Call of Duty Games. It does however still work better than a vast array of cruddy shooters that comeAs many will tell you, it's not as good as its predecessors, and because in general call of duty hasn't been making any notable improvements since Call of Duty 4. There are a few new features in campaign, that help, but don't exactly make it fun. The multiplayer is not as good as other Call of Duty Games. It does however still work better than a vast array of cruddy shooters that come out each year, so it's not the best, but its still better than many, thus a 5. Expand
  92. Jan 2, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty game. The multiplayer is still the laggy mess it was last year, the SMG's and Shotguns are the overpowered guns this time, the graphics are still the same low res textures we saw last year.

The campaign choices were nothing more than take path A,B or C and character deaths had little (or no) impact on the overall story. (Despite them hyping this up to the max)

I will praise the strike force missions and Zombies mode. As they are the only thing keeping the game from getting a lower score.
  93. Jan 2, 2013
    Campaign was fine, Zombies is great... and then you see the multiplayer..... awful multiplayer i swear you can shoot someone 30 times and they shoot you once and bam your dead. Obviously something is wrong i dont know if it has to do with lag or what but it needs fixed and unless you just like zombies and playing the campaign 300 times dont buy the game... bought it for 25 dollars and itCampaign was fine, Zombies is great... and then you see the multiplayer..... awful multiplayer i swear you can shoot someone 30 times and they shoot you once and bam your dead. Obviously something is wrong i dont know if it has to do with lag or what but it needs fixed and unless you just like zombies and playing the campaign 300 times dont buy the game... bought it for 25 dollars and it still is hardly worth it Expand
  94. Jan 1, 2013
    Another year another CoD. Black ops 2 was Treyarch's attempt to breathe new life into the franchise. Did they succeed? in a word, no. That's not to say the game didn't introduce some new concepts to the franchise, the introduction of player choice in the campaign is an example, or the pick 10 system in muliplayer, or Tanzit for zombies. Lets start with the singleplayer, you follow AlexAnother year another CoD. Black ops 2 was Treyarch's attempt to breathe new life into the franchise. Did they succeed? in a word, no. That's not to say the game didn't introduce some new concepts to the franchise, the introduction of player choice in the campaign is an example, or the pick 10 system in muliplayer, or Tanzit for zombies. Lets start with the singleplayer, you follow Alex Mason, son of David Mason from the original. Your mission is to stop a terrorist my the name of Raoul Menendez. You learn about Menendez's history through story time with Woods. Treyarch has tried to make a villain who you can sympathize, and relate too. This succeeded to some extent, Menendez was easily the best character in the game, i felt i could relate to him, but not sympathize for him, as he is still better off than a lot of other people. He is also a complete prick, which ended up making him more unlikable. Player choice is cool, and at times can greatly impact the story, but i felt it could have been better, many of the choices are optional objectives that have little impact on the story. I think this is a solid addition, but requires a longer, bigger and better campaign to have its potential fully realized. Then there is strike force, an attempt at RTS style gameplay, and to say the least it is **** there is no tactical element to it, you still pretty much do everything yourself, and it is immensely frustrating. Strike force however does alter the slightly alter the course of the story, so there is some value in it.Overall the story is boring, i didn't have a sense of purpose, or urgency. Thankfully this changes around the 2/3rd mark, and it became quite enjoyable. The graphics have had a minor tweak with facial capture technology, which makes the game look a lot better then it previously did, sadly i can't bring myself to award the game points for this, as the tech has been around for a few years now, and the graphics are still quite mediocre. The muliplayer is still the same, and is what you would expect, it has ridiculous killstreaks, OP guns, terrible spawning, and little variety for maps. The pick 10 system however is awesome, it allows for much more customization and creativity in loadouts, and is a solid addition to the game. Lastly, Zombies. Zombies has reinvented itself with Tranzit, you get on a bus and travel to multiple areas, while scavenging the area for equipment to build items to help you survive. This is a very cool mode, but does suffer, there are still bullet sponge enemies, the map also looks very unappealing, with very poor, dark, and muddy visuals. There is also a vs mode for zombies, where you try to stay alive while hindering other players, this can be quite fun, but could have been more inventive. Overall Black ops 2 is a 5/10, and i can't recommend this game. I think its time for CoD to take a break for a couple of years, and reinvent itself on the next gen consoles with a brand new engine built from the ground up. Expand
  95. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm going to be fair. You can only review in 3 different scores imo.
    Zombies: 7.510 They really screwed this one up.
    Multiplayer. 6.5/10 Same old crap with new maps, that are worse. All the bad things from BO1 mixed with MW3.
    Campaign: 4/10 Nice try, but it's still a piece of s***
  96. Dec 29, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the net Cod by Activision, so is it the next great Cod? No it is not! Campaign was good but boring story and Strike missions, god Strike missions were pointless and annoyin g and made me give the campaign a 5/10. But the campaign had some cool stuff like flying a jet and the first campaign were you have to make who lives or who dies. Multiplayer is by far theCall of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the net Cod by Activision, so is it the next great Cod? No it is not! Campaign was good but boring story and Strike missions, god Strike missions were pointless and annoyin g and made me give the campaign a 5/10. But the campaign had some cool stuff like flying a jet and the first campaign were you have to make who lives or who dies. Multiplayer is by far the worst thing in Cod BO 2. Nice new create a class system but terrible maps and still unbalanced witch now I have giving up all hope about the multiplayer coming back as it was in Cod 4 and WaW. Zombies I got to admit was amazing and I never had so much fun with zombies since WaW. The new tranzet mode is awesome and survival is great on 3 different maps, but grief is an okay mode but i just dont see the point in playing it. Overall, bad campaign, terrible multiplayer, amazing zombies. Call of Duty: Back Ops 2 5.3/10 Expand
  97. Dec 27, 2012
    this isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be ! , however it could have been alot better feels that the makers got lazy in some areas. there are some terrible map creation , the graphics are nowhere near up to standard of most games, the spawn system is awful, and it still takes the piss sometimes to kill somebody but the gameplay is decent , the score streaks and 10 token system forthis isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be ! , however it could have been alot better feels that the makers got lazy in some areas. there are some terrible map creation , the graphics are nowhere near up to standard of most games, the spawn system is awful, and it still takes the piss sometimes to kill somebody but the gameplay is decent , the score streaks and 10 token system for weapon customisation is unique and makes it more interesting and more of a challenge. overall its not too bad all depends what your in to . Expand
  98. Dec 27, 2012
    I own every Call of Duty. Love all of them to.

Except this one. This isn't the Call of Duty I fell in love with in 07'.

This is crap. Pure drivel. I will be playing Modern Warfare 3 instead.
  99. Dec 26, 2012
    I wanna start off honestly. COD Blacops 2 is a DECENT game. It is in the top percentile of games to come out this year. That being said, it would have made a fantastic 10/10 dlc for black ops 1. I honestly cannot tell how the graphics havent changed in years. Shouldn't a graphic update not be too much to ask for? Love the new hunter killer in multiplayer, but camping and constant rocketI wanna start off honestly. COD Blacops 2 is a DECENT game. It is in the top percentile of games to come out this year. That being said, it would have made a fantastic 10/10 dlc for black ops 1. I honestly cannot tell how the graphics havent changed in years. Shouldn't a graphic update not be too much to ask for? Love the new hunter killer in multiplayer, but camping and constant rocket launchers stuffed down your throat has ruined decent multiplayer yet again. This is not the fault of the company that created the game, but rather apparently the type of player this game draws in. *spolier alert* Finally in campaign is (once again) a scene where you kill someone with a knife and pistol. It is sad, because other wise this campaign was actually (at least in my mind) slightly better than mw3. The music, as always in cod, sucked. With all of this being said, if cod releases another game with such a lack of creativity or at least a HUGE graphics update, I will not buy another cod game. This was their last freebee. Expand
  100. Dec 24, 2012
    This one is kinda a catch 22. On one side it is one of the better ones. The prestige mode is done better, zombies is WAY better imo(i actually enjoy it a lot this time around) and for the most part hit detection is great, probably one of the better ones. On the other side lag comp is horrid, bad idea. I noticed it takes a lot longer for migrating host and causes games to fail a decentThis one is kinda a catch 22. On one side it is one of the better ones. The prestige mode is done better, zombies is WAY better imo(i actually enjoy it a lot this time around) and for the most part hit detection is great, probably one of the better ones. On the other side lag comp is horrid, bad idea. I noticed it takes a lot longer for migrating host and causes games to fail a decent amount. Of course spawning is done bad again. I mean I can't even guess how many times I spawned to die instantly or walk 1 ft and die. In Blops2 defense tho that is almost all cod games.
    All in all definitely a good buy.
  101. Nov 16, 2012
    As far as the campaign is concerned, the game fared better than I thought it would. There were some nuances, and although the story line was linear and predictable, the game play was decent. I give the campaign an 8. My problem is with the multiplier game play. The controls are clunky, the guns are generic and the registry is terrible. Don't even bother using a suppressor, you won'tAs far as the campaign is concerned, the game fared better than I thought it would. There were some nuances, and although the story line was linear and predictable, the game play was decent. I give the campaign an 8. My problem is with the multiplier game play. The controls are clunky, the guns are generic and the registry is terrible. Don't even bother using a suppressor, you won't get a kill. The spawn system is an absolute abortion. I die and spawn right in front of an enemy player. This happened twice in a row several times. Guns sights (including the ACOG) are an embarrassment. The multiplier just seems unfinished. There are too many kill streaks. The maps are boring and allow for too much camping. Knife kills register from 5 feet away. I give the multiplier a 2/10. The zombie aspect of the game may very well be the only saving grace. Its innovative and pretty darn fun. If not for the zombies this game would get a 2 or a 3. Zombies gets an 8/10. Save your money and don't buy this game. Might as well stick with the other CoD games. They're all the same anyways. Collapse

2. X-ONE Magazine UK