Call of Duty: Black Ops II Xbox 360

4.8

1. Dec 31, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is an improvement from the other Call of Duty games; this instalment has better graphics, well-constructed action sequences and a serviceable plot. But the gameplay is far too similar to the other games and is not as entertaining as its predecessor.
  2. Dec 11, 2016
    Black Ops II is by far my favourite Call of Duty. It had everything I wanted; an amazing story driven campaign, a fun online multiplayer, and a fun zombies mode. The campaign brought back fan favourite characters like Woods and Mason, it introduced branching storylines never before seen in Call of Duty, and had a really amazing villain. The multiplayer was slightly futuristic yet stillBlack Ops II is by far my favourite Call of Duty. It had everything I wanted; an amazing story driven campaign, a fun online multiplayer, and a fun zombies mode. The campaign brought back fan favourite characters like Woods and Mason, it introduced branching storylines never before seen in Call of Duty, and had a really amazing villain. The multiplayer was slightly futuristic yet still boots on the ground combat. The guns were fun to use and the map layouts were great. The fast paced action of the multiplayer and the cool kill streaks made the multiplayer addictive. They also introduced some of the best dlc maps I've ever seen, including Grind. The zombies mode was my favourite yet. They introduced a cool ranking system, new game modes like grief, and created two of the greatest maps in zombies history (I'm looking at you Mob of the Dead and Origins). Overall Black Ops II was exactly what I wanted from a Call of Duty game and never disappointed. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2016
    this game basically is really really really awful i played it a few years ago at a youth club and gave up after about five minutes it is one of the worst games i have ever played i will never touch a call of duty game again
  4. Jul 4, 2016
    Lets all be honest here, cod black ops 2 is the exact same game as the first. The story is just about some guy with Vietnam flashbacks I guess, but it's still pretty dull. The multiplayer is the exact same thing as the first, with one good map once again in the same game. The only reason why it wasn't lower was because of the zombie mode, which has better maps.
  5. Jun 28, 2016
    I feel that this game was actually one of the few call of duties that was actually something new and fun. This was by far the most I have ever played a call of duty game and still to this day I sometimes go back and play the zombies mode. I just love the atmosphere this game provides.
  6. May 2, 2016
    Terrible game . I dont like this game . I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 , 3 , Call of Duty Ghosts , Advanced Warfare and even Black Ops 3 . I dont really like COD series , Battlefield better than COD . Call of Duty Black Ops ll is worst game on series . Terrible graphics and this game just for kids . This game is one of the worst shooter for the last 7 year . Terrible , SUCK , bad ,Terrible game . I dont like this game . I think Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 , 3 , Call of Duty Ghosts , Advanced Warfare and even Black Ops 3 . I dont really like COD series , Battlefield better than COD . Call of Duty Black Ops ll is worst game on series . Terrible graphics and this game just for kids . This game is one of the worst shooter for the last 7 year . Terrible , SUCK , bad , FUUUUCK , **** , ass . 1/10 . Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2016
    Bueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super marioBueno este es de mis juegos favoritos de la historia.Por que tiene un 4?ami antes este juego me gustaba pero con el paso del tiempo y de darme cuenta de que todos mis call of duty anteriores eran exactamente iguales,que las rachas no me gustan nada,de que su campaña sea una basura(El modo zombies esta bastante bien)y de dlc de 15 que son basura.Me dejo de gustar.Si, juegos como super mario o fifa son repetitivos, pero son divertidos(Siempre compro nuevos mario pero ya no fifa, con tener uno basta) Expand
  8. Mar 17, 2016
    This is not a game to play because of its single-player mode (short, linear, cliche...), but because of the multiplayer. This game has one of the best FPS gameplays of the VII generation of games; it's smooth, easy to learn and has a decent balance. By far the best Call of Duty since MW.
    We all know the problems with the community, the story mode (maybe playing at the highest difficulty will add a little challenge to it), silly and expensive DLCs... but playing it is a good experience.
    But... is it worth the initial price? Absolutely not. This game should be just about $25 or $30. That would be perfect. $70 is too much for such a product.
    Nevertheless, the 'naked' game has a decent amount of content; multiplayer and zombies mode. Personally I had a nice experience playing it with friends at home and online. Of course, this franchise has been 'casualized' but that should not be necessarily a bad thing if we talk about gameplay alone.
    The really bad things about this franchise are DLCs, bad single-modes and high pricing.
    Buying this for $30 or $25 is a very good investment though.
    There are also nice easter eggs...
  9. Feb 24, 2016
    simplesmente o melhor jogo da série call of duty. o black ops 1 foi muito bom, mas esse foi espetacular. além de uma ótima história e boa jogabilidade como visto no 1. o call of duty black ops 2 oferece um multiplayer com telas melhores, diversos modos divertidos como o jogo de armas. o modo zombi ficou bem melhor que o do black ops 1, dando pra jogar até 4 pessoas, tendo nível desimplesmente o melhor jogo da série call of duty. o black ops 1 foi muito bom, mas esse foi espetacular. além de uma ótima história e boa jogabilidade como visto no 1. o call of duty black ops 2 oferece um multiplayer com telas melhores, diversos modos divertidos como o jogo de armas. o modo zombi ficou bem melhor que o do black ops 1, dando pra jogar até 4 pessoas, tendo nível de dificuldade e mais telas. o modo transi também é bem interessante. Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2016
    I'm not a big Call of duty fan but I'm not going to call this game sh*t because I would be lying to my self,this is not only my favorite Call of duty game but it is easily one of my favorite multiplayer games to date. The story in this is surprisingly great as what you do in the missions and how you perform them effects the ending either badly,bittersweet or greatly it's a lot of fun and II'm not a big Call of duty fan but I'm not going to call this game sh*t because I would be lying to my self,this is not only my favorite Call of duty game but it is easily one of my favorite multiplayer games to date. The story in this is surprisingly great as what you do in the missions and how you perform them effects the ending either badly,bittersweet or greatly it's a lot of fun and I won't spoil it. The multiplayer in this game is decent but with friends I had an incredibly great time this is even better in zombies especially on the map tranzit as you survive,craft weapons and purchase better weapons and if its getting to hot you can run into the bus and travel to a different area and I haven't even gotten into the Easter eggs and secrets. Overall I would highly recommend it. Expand
  11. J0e
    Jan 16, 2016
    It has a the best story in the series the best multiplayer and the best zombies even though it is the same call of duty but has great new and old characters great choices that change the story and ending and such great zombies maps even transit it is the best in the series and since it is call of duty anyone can play it gamers and non gamers great story alone great zombies alone and withIt has a the best story in the series the best multiplayer and the best zombies even though it is the same call of duty but has great new and old characters great choices that change the story and ending and such great zombies maps even transit it is the best in the series and since it is call of duty anyone can play it gamers and non gamers great story alone great zombies alone and with friends great multiplayer alone with bots and with friends. Overall it is a fun game and is the best in the series I would recommend it for gamers and non gamers because call of duty is so simple and fun even if each game has little changes. Expand
  12. Jan 7, 2016
    Black Ops 2 is one of the best Call of Duty entries to this day. With perhaps the most gripping campaign of all, and refined online gameplay that would fix the errors of previous games, Black Ops 2 looked to put the franchise back on track. Even now the zombie mode in BO2 remains the outright best of all, and with some of the best looking maps and most fun weapons to use, BO2 took what wasBlack Ops 2 is one of the best Call of Duty entries to this day. With perhaps the most gripping campaign of all, and refined online gameplay that would fix the errors of previous games, Black Ops 2 looked to put the franchise back on track. Even now the zombie mode in BO2 remains the outright best of all, and with some of the best looking maps and most fun weapons to use, BO2 took what was good from BO1 and enhanced and innovated brilliantly. Expand
  13. Nov 24, 2015
    I've tried every COD game to date since BOP II's release and keep going back to this one. It's simple, arcadey and fun. Good game to put on with friends and veg for a few hours. Starting with Ghosts, the devs have tried to make more realistic maps which results in more annoying camping spots. Playing any of the games after BOP II are unbearable. I've given Ghosts and advanced warfare aI've tried every COD game to date since BOP II's release and keep going back to this one. It's simple, arcadey and fun. Good game to put on with friends and veg for a few hours. Starting with Ghosts, the devs have tried to make more realistic maps which results in more annoying camping spots. Playing any of the games after BOP II are unbearable. I've given Ghosts and advanced warfare a fair try but BOP III looks like AW part 2 and isn't worth my hard earned money. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2015
    A very fun multiplayer tainted by poor hit detection and terrible lag compensation. The first half of the match 2-3 bullet kills. "Switching sides" 5-6 bullet kills.
  15. Oct 20, 2015
    Best BO game. The campaign was engaging and very fun to play. The multiple options having different effects later on in the game was something new that I enjoyed. Online was fun but I felt they went too far with the customizability. A little structure in COD is always good IMO. Zombies were fun but unfortunately I bought the seasons pass and lost interest in the game before the 3rdBest BO game. The campaign was engaging and very fun to play. The multiple options having different effects later on in the game was something new that I enjoyed. Online was fun but I felt they went too far with the customizability. A little structure in COD is always good IMO. Zombies were fun but unfortunately I bought the seasons pass and lost interest in the game before the 3rd DLC was released. Expand
  16. Oct 16, 2015
    If you’ve been living under a rock over the last couple of months let me bring to your attention, Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Formed by the team at Treyarch and brought to the world by Activision. BLOPs II as it’s widely known takes us on a journey from 1986 all the way to the future, 2025 to be exact.

In this fast paced First-Person-Shooter the campaign drops you in the boots of Alex and David Mason, a father and son combo along with other roles as sub-characters as the story progresses through multiple choices/ endings. Everyone was optimistic of how the game would lay between the past release and this current second title. But the link between the two time eras slot together in my eyes perfectly, laying down the storyline with force and action. Although there may be too many cut scenes for the personal taste, I stayed gripped and was fascinated by all the new tech and side missions, named Strike Force.

The Strike Force missions were a great insight into the multi-player maps as these are both two of the same, so when I did venture onto the huge multi-player goodness, I was equip with the Intel and ammo ready to take on the world. The only problem whilst aiming through the online MP was the host migration and connection problems, which are being ironed out. This still didn’t deter from playing endless games in the mass variety of play-lists from Kill Confirmed and Domination through to the good old Party Games of Gun Game and Sticks & Stones that BLOPS is renowned for.

A great new online feature to highlight is League Play, with the developers taking great thought into the pro gaming/ eSports following. Players are put through their skill base in different class leagues in a tournament style layout, the more you win the more you progress, from the Iron League or with the top flight in the Masters League. All weapons are unlocked also, so there is no blaming the gun that you have picked from the vast array that’s at hand. If all this is a bit too much for you and you just want to, I don’t know, shot Zombies?!? Then come on in!

Zombies Mode is a groovy addition to the BLOPS series, with a lot of people gunning to just play this mode alone. Many maps are available with a good chunk of achievements/ trophies being held here for endless zombie hordes and crazy voices. The new improved look & play is great and reminiscent of its predecessor. Party up or go it lone ranger it’s up to you, but believe me safety, is as they say, in numbers.

There is so much detail that can discussed but its best to just go and buy this game, you shall not be disappointed. If you do and come across some dude running around with Monk above his head, that would be me, so say hi & please… don’t shoot me.
  17. Oct 14, 2015
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is first person shooter game. It has a big selection of guns and score streaks. There are 15 standard maps and 16 DLC maps. Black Ops 2 has zombie mode which has 3 standard maps and 5 DLC maps. The graphics are average as game was released in 2012, but by that time the graphics were good. The sound is realistic. The pluses of this game are:
    • Good graphics
    • Good
    • Good graphics
    • Good sound effect
    • Excellent game play
    • Big selection of maps, game mods, guns
    I would recommend this game because it’s a good way to spend your time, and have fun with your friends.
  18. Aug 27, 2015
    This game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks areThis game is okay, but not great. The campaign is the same, Michael Bay-esque job in every game; the missions are rather dull and are borderline ridiculous. The story itself is pretty good though. Nobody really cares about that though. It's the multiplayer people care about. Most of the maps aren't very good, and neither are the spawns. Luckily, the gunplay is good. The scorestreaks are rather dull and uninteresting, and despite the fact that this is the most populated CoD, the lag is still rampant. I'd recommend if you're a fan of the series; otherwise stay away. (And ignore the people giving this game zero. That's false.) Expand
  19. Jun 17, 2015
    Jogo muito bem pensado , mais quando saiu do papel ficou com altos bugs e lag reinando , tirou 6 pelo seu planejamento , multiplayer e campanha do jeito que a treyarch sabe fazer mais o pessoal da progamação falhou bem !
  20. May 24, 2015
    Best one of the COD Black Ops series for the 360.

Love the crossbow and love the bot play.

Of course for me Treyarch cant do no wrong :)

Can play this one forever.
  21. May 7, 2015
    Ill explain the game with 5 words: LMG, Camper, Shotgun, Sniper, Launchers together it forms the word ****
    CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,CAMP,
  22. Apr 15, 2015
    This might be the one call of duty game I still play. I don't know what it is about the game, but its very addictive and fun compared to ghosts and advanced warfare. Target Finder is a downside for multiplayer though, and the entire "quickscope" community.
  23. Mar 28, 2015
    Once again Treyarch and Activision has done another successful Call of duty game. Black ops 2 has a somewhat underwhelming campaign, probably the most underwhelming iv'e played in a Call of duty game. There are choices you make which affects what endings you get but that doesn't help the fact that the campaign is underwhelming. The multiplayer has improved from MW3 and the new kill-streaksOnce again Treyarch and Activision has done another successful Call of duty game. Black ops 2 has a somewhat underwhelming campaign, probably the most underwhelming iv'e played in a Call of duty game. There are choices you make which affects what endings you get but that doesn't help the fact that the campaign is underwhelming. The multiplayer has improved from MW3 and the new kill-streaks are satisfying.The futuristic weapons help the Call of duty franchise move forward in originality. The zombies mode has some of the most memorable maps in Call of duty Zombie, especially Buried and Origins. This game is brilliant fun. Expand
  24. Mar 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I Love This Game Soooooooooooooooooo Much I 've played this game a lot the zombies mode was a masterpiece my favorite maps are buried Die rise tranzit mob of the dead and nuketown zombies I don't like the multiplayer a lot the multiplayer is great not amazing or a masterpiece campaign is good campaign 7/10 zombies 10/10 multiplayer 8/10 The zombies mode was sooooooooooooo good I give black Ops 2 a 10/10 because i love the zombies mode sooooooooooooooo much It Deserves a 10/10 I highly recommend this game to all of you in metacritic. Expand
  25. Mar 15, 2015
    My family loves Call of Duty, so I decided i'd give it a try, while the controls are responsive, the gameplay is bland, all you do is shoot stuff, the only part that I had fun with was seeing what random things I could shoot (Cans, Shuffle Board Disks etc.)
  26. Feb 26, 2015
    black ops 2 is my personal favorite and is still played now in 2015 it must be doing something right as it is enjoyed by most people that have played it loved it and still do it was just a overall amazing game i would honestly recomend this to everyone it is probibly the best game
  27. Feb 25, 2015
    As one of my favorite games of all time (with the season pass), I hate giving it something it deserves, so I'm gonna try my best to give the STANDALONE GAME a rating it deserves.

First of all, I like this game, ok? I really do like it. That doesn't mean it's a good game though. The graphics are pretty bad. The gameplay is quite annoying. The campaign sucks. (seriously though, what did you expect when you clicked on campaign?) The multiplayer is OK, but I don't really like playing it that much. The only thing that makes me like this game is when I bought the season pass, I felt amazing! Yes it was pricey and had pretty crappy multiplayer maps, but the zombies was improved SO MUCH. SO FRICKING MUCH MAN. Since I'm reviewing the standalone and no dlc, the zombies sucks and the game is pretty bad for someone who doesn't like cod that much. If you're a fan like me, then you should like this game a bit.

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now if you want to like this game, you have to buy the season pass. sorry ):
  28. Jan 20, 2015
    I may not still be super addicted to this game, but it is one of the best games ever made. YOU MUST PURCHASE IT!!

PROS
    -HD graphics
    -OUTSTANDING zombies
    -Realistic
    -Awesome gameplay

CONS
    -Poor campain
  29. Jan 11, 2015
    Campaign - Good storyline, set both in the 1980's and 2025. Adrenaline fueled missions with lots of death! But what I like most about the campaign is that it is the first Call of Duty game to have the choice to do something as this leads to different outcomes. I thoroughly enjoyed the futuristic missions set in 2025

Multiplayer - Good maps for doing death-matches online and I'm glad now

Multiplayer - Good maps for doing death-matches online and I'm glad now that you don't need Xbox Live to be able to play with bots. But what I enjoyed the most was...

Zombies - 3 Maps. All present a challenge. There has been some speculation about TranZit but I actually enjoy playing TranZit online as it is something new. You are able to go from place to place, it is a brilliant idea. There can be some ways to improve it...(get rid of denizens mainly).

Overall I had many hours of fun playing Black Ops II, and there are many more hours to come
  30. Jan 3, 2015
    This campaign was amazing. What I loved about it was the multiple endings. Seriously, there are so many things that vary. Also, the side missions from the story were pretty cool. I don't remember what they were called, but you could control a bunch of cool drones. Again, the multiple endings. There were at least 10 different possibilities for story lines. I fail to see how you can not findThis campaign was amazing. What I loved about it was the multiple endings. Seriously, there are so many things that vary. Also, the side missions from the story were pretty cool. I don't remember what they were called, but you could control a bunch of cool drones. Again, the multiple endings. There were at least 10 different possibilities for story lines. I fail to see how you can not find the campaign good. And the multiplayer was pretty good. I actually liked Ghosts (MULTIPLAYER ONLY) a little more, but this was even better than Advanced Warfare (OVERALL). This had one of the best campaigns ever, a multiplayer you can just keep playing and playing, etc. Other than Assassin's Creed IV, I think this was the best game ever. Especially for its time. There's a reason some guy got the record for a gaming marathon playing BLACK OPS II. Expand
  31. Aug 9, 2013
    The newest installment of the Call Of Duty franchise is not really that new the campaign is repetitive but alright but you wont remember it from the start to the end the multiplayer is a broken mess people running around with OP guns and the most unfair kill streaks. Zombies is BAD! Tranzit is stupid they just ride around in a bus going to point A to point B and there is a zombie calledThe newest installment of the Call Of Duty franchise is not really that new the campaign is repetitive but alright but you wont remember it from the start to the end the multiplayer is a broken mess people running around with OP guns and the most unfair kill streaks. Zombies is BAD! Tranzit is stupid they just ride around in a bus going to point A to point B and there is a zombie called the avagadro he stops the bus and shock's you and if you hop out you have these things that hop on you and claw at you're face and you might not survive long enough because they is lava EVERYWHERE! DON"T BUY THIS GAME! Collapse

2. X-ONE Magazine UK