4.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2084 Ratings

1. Nov 15, 2012
    If you are a long time fan of the Call of Duty franchise I would advise you to stay away, Call of Duty has not been the same since Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops 2 is a just another turd dropped in the toilet of FPS turds.

Black Ops 2 is a giant mess of a game, not much has changed, and the things that were changed have very little impact on the actual gameplay/setting. Black Ops 2 boasts future warfare, yet I am still able to make a class based around knifing people and end up on the top of the leaderboards. The weapons have not changed much, there is very little recoil, the differences between an LMG and SMG is next to none. The best way to describe this game is if Medal of Honor and Black Ops had rough sex and this is bastard child of that one night stand. The token unlock system is nice, I enjoy sacrificing certain things for more perks, but none of that matters, because there is very little difference between the weapons. From what I have seen, once people reach a certain level, everyone choose the Microwaver thingy, and camps in a corner. I remember this game touting the fact that it is anti-camper, have you seen the blackest night shadows in the broad daylight levels, you are practically invisible. The maps are way too big, not enough players to fill the maps, and the game modes are tired/old. The achievement system compared to MW3's achievement system is like comparing a mongoloid to Einstein. Play this game if you enjoy looking at or making emblems of chick's buttholes, because that is all the craze with the kids these days.
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    Good God, this game is just awful. These Call of Duty campaigns used to quite fun fun and exciting diversions, but this is just steaming pile of cowdung. Just an ugly, mean-spirited, pointless story full of idiots shooting at other idiots. Did I mention the violence is mean-spirited and nasty? It is. And the game even looks like it's five years old at times visually. When I think about theGood God, this game is just awful. These Call of Duty campaigns used to quite fun fun and exciting diversions, but this is just steaming pile of cowdung. Just an ugly, mean-spirited, pointless story full of idiots shooting at other idiots. Did I mention the violence is mean-spirited and nasty? It is. And the game even looks like it's five years old at times visually. When I think about the thrilling WWII campaigns that started this CoD series, and this godawful mess I just played through now, I don't know what it says about where we're at. And these games sell bajillions now. Way more than other games. People, man. Not the game we want, but probably the game we deserve. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turnedThis game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a medicore cash cow over the years, shame. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2012
    I will start of with a disclaimer saying that I am not a COD fanboy nor am I a COD hater. I bought an XBOX 360 exclusively for COD 4 5 Years ago. I have played every one since and enjoyed all of them (at least for a little while) up until Modern Warfare 3. I am giving this game a 4 out of 10 and will explain in depth why (unlike other fanboys and haters on here giving ignorant reviews).I will start of with a disclaimer saying that I am not a COD fanboy nor am I a COD hater. I bought an XBOX 360 exclusively for COD 4 5 Years ago. I have played every one since and enjoyed all of them (at least for a little while) up until Modern Warfare 3. I am giving this game a 4 out of 10 and will explain in depth why (unlike other fanboys and haters on here giving ignorant reviews). If you are on the fence about this game and whether or not to buy it then read this. I'll start off with the good. This game introduced the Pick 10 System which works well. It opens up a bounty of options for everyones unique play style. If you want 6 perks and a pistol then go for it. If you want a shotgun, rifle, and grenades go for it. There is a limit to what you can do, but the limit is set high. At 60 frames per second this game looks excellent. Graphics are cartoonish in a way, but it is consistent with the other COD gas compared to Battlefield 3. The guns look great, the soldiers look great, and it is just an excellent looking game. Along with the graphics is the sound mix. The guns sound like guns and the explosions sound like explosions. The sound is what really pulls you into the game. Other than the variety in load outs, graphics, and sound this game has big problems. First is the campers. Now I know every FPS has campers, but this game brings it to the next level. The maps are cluttered and filled with windows, corners, and barrels to hide behind. I have never been so frustrated with campers in any other COD game, or any other FPS game for that matter. And the fact that Ghost is not unlocked until level 55 just adds to that problem. You cannot hide from the overused UAVs. Next is the lag. In every other COD I could run and gun and beast. I have found in Black Ops 2 that when I run up on somebody and get the drop on them they can turn around and kill me. EVEN after they have been hit 2-3 times already. And if I meet up with somebody rounding a corner and I clearly get the first shot off, I die. In the kill cam I don't even fire a shot. It is very aggravating. I researched it and turned the "search preference" to "best" and I still have the problem. So, what ever is causing this needs to be fixed before I play again. The last this is the aim assist. Every console FPS has aim assist due to the inherent non-precise aiming that comes with joysticks. I have not had a problem with this until now. As I am trying to track a moving opponent or shoot a stationary opponent My reticle drifts off target to the right about 80% of the time. I tried to turn aim-assist off, but that is a pain in the ass. With these problems outweighing the good stuff I gave this game a 4 out of 10. Until these problems are fixed I am going to stick with MOH: Warfighter. Unlike the critics on this site I love the multiplayer. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    Okay. That's all that needs to be said about this game. This game was a big improvement from Black Ops 1, but still lacks the needs of a great shooter. The graphics are okay, gameplay is solid, same game modes, mediocre campaign, and a worse zombies mode. Mediocre underperforming game again by Treyarch, but not bad at all.
  6. Nov 17, 2012
    I imagine this game as a ''face-palm'' of the gaming industry world. What a failure. I don't see how any can enjoy this; it's literally the same thing as all other games with improved graphics and a couple of new, mainly aesthetic features. Why are we throwing money at something so terrible? We're only encouraging it.
  7. Dec 16, 2012
    Good: The game will load. Bad: Everything that follows from multiplayer, campaign, and zombies disappoints. I attempted over 3 weeks to reach activision. They kept not opening the call center because of the high call volume. Once I finally made it through, the questions pertaining to online play were insulting. I was informed the game has a lot of people and they were "surprised" byGood: The game will load. Bad: Everything that follows from multiplayer, campaign, and zombies disappoints. I attempted over 3 weeks to reach activision. They kept not opening the call center because of the high call volume. Once I finally made it through, the questions pertaining to online play were insulting. I was informed the game has a lot of people and they were "surprised" by the amount of people playing. The rest was my being told my fiberoptic internet was to blame. But being booted from lobbies because of connection errors wasn't bad enough. There is a new protocol for those that quit games and are penalized by waiting in lobby for 5 minutes or more. So the result was their server boots you and then you get penalized because of their stability problems. Bullet lag is about 5-10 times what it was in MW3. Also, hit detection is not present. 3-5 shots with a sniper rifle as a headshot and then getting killed is frustrating. Or worse, you pull the trigger and the sniper rifle doesn't even fire. I attempted to give the game a month to be fixed and I ended up getting my reseller to give a full refund because of the numerous issues and documentation where Activision even said to go get a refund. Result: I did get my refund and will pass on Activision titles from now on. Don't be their unsuspecting pray and waste $60 on a title that doesn't deliver a fraction of what it promises. Zombies is fun for about an hour, then it gets old. Campaign also fails to hold the player attention. Halo 4 has a great story and the multiplayer is fun. I like COD multiplayer better, but it's too unreliable or unstable.

When i closed my ticket for support with Activision and informed their rude rep that I got a refund I was notified that my account was banned. I'm not sure if this was a punishment or not, but I find this is more of an accomplishment. Selling customers bad product is never acceptable.
  8. Feb 5, 2013
    this game kind sucks now. dont get me wrong I will still play it. Whenever I want to play a spray and kill type game. BO2 has become so reptitive, its starting to get boring. The single player missions were so short because Tryarch was just concentrated on the multiplayer. There is really nothing to it just be the first person to pull the trigger and you got yourself a kill. I still likethis game kind sucks now. dont get me wrong I will still play it. Whenever I want to play a spray and kill type game. BO2 has become so reptitive, its starting to get boring. The single player missions were so short because Tryarch was just concentrated on the multiplayer. There is really nothing to it just be the first person to pull the trigger and you got yourself a kill. I still like playing it, but its time for a new way to play the game if that makes sense. Expand
  9. Mar 2, 2013
    I bought that game because I hoped to get something new and fresh, because the setting promised the game to be something new in a certain way, but the be honest, I got the exact oposite, that game is 10 times worse than CoD 4. The campaign feels like a B Movie and its boring.. .boring.. oh did I say it´s boring Ok, screw the campaign, multiplayer is what counts.. I thought !

Maps are

Maps are extremely boring, very uninspired and there are hackers all the way.
    Guns are lame, sights with aiming helper, do I need to say more ?
    Graphics are way outdated and nothing special.
    Over all, that game feels like the 100st clone of the very bad MW 2, and isn´t worth more than 10 .
    I honestly give you the advice, to keep away from the piece of crap, play CoD 4 instead, the only good Modern Warfare that is around.
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    To summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It isTo summarise the whole game: it is weakest, most repetitive shooter to date. I don't even know why people invest to this franchise, but it is certainly not improving anything. The game contains an awful network of under-aged players, it is lacking visual aesthetics, it's poor story makes me want to puke, there is no destructible environment, too much DLC and the list goes on and on. It is sad when such franchise gets compared to Arma or Battlefield franchises, since it's the most pathetic copy paste game the developers made money on. So stop bloody buying it! Expand
  11. Jul 14, 2013
    I personally think that this game deserves a 8/10 because it's a good game but sadly they did not put much effort into stopping game glitches and other bugs/problems. Also they haven't changed anything about the game the game style, weapons and maps are still all the same.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    An all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. TheAn all new experience from the same people who brought you the fun Black Ops. Find any other title this year that has as much fun, tense multiplayer and exciting set pieces and you'll come right back to Black Ops 2. The sheer excitement and drama of each scene is astounding. The decision making will have you coming back many times which is an evolution in the Call of Duty series. The multiplayer is so intense it will have you on the edge of your seat. The customization options are unparalleled and will be the marque online shooter experience this year. The Call of Duty series is the top selling shooter series in the entire world year after year for one very good reason: uncomplicated and thrilling multiplayer. There is absolutely no other series that offers the same level of intensity online with such a low learning curve. Team play and lone wolf tactics blend beautifully just like every Call of Duty title.

There will be many skewed reviews on Gamespot because many people don't think players should have the right to fun. Think for yourself; play Black Ops 2 and don't look back.
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks to its yearly release schedule (six games in six years!) I personally now find it impossible to muster any sort of enthusiasm for new Call of Duty games. To be fair to developers Treyarch they have made more of an effort than usual to make changes to the well-trodden path walked by these titles but everything, from the scripted events during the campaign to the online multiplayer,Thanks to its yearly release schedule (six games in six years!) I personally now find it impossible to muster any sort of enthusiasm for new Call of Duty games. To be fair to developers Treyarch they have made more of an effort than usual to make changes to the well-trodden path walked by these titles but everything, from the scripted events during the campaign to the online multiplayer, that was once so fresh and new to console owners has all been done before. Black Ops 2 provides exactly what everyone would have expected and sales suggest plenty of people are still willing to buy each new version but I for one have no interest in purchasing new games in a series year on year when the formula was already virtually perfected back in 2007 with the first Modern Warfare. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    Okay, here is a completely unbiased review, as I do play all of the MP first person shooters equally:

Single Player: Easily the next best one to date behind CoD4. The switching between the Cold War and 2025 is quite refreshing and adds something new to an annual franchise. Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based

Multiplayer: Very balanced, much like BlOps1, but with balanced weapons this time around. Kill streaks are based on a point system instead of kills, which helps encourage more team playing. (Something they've needed to fix. Lol) Maps are balanced as well, this is something Treyarc has always done better than I.W.

Zombies: Same as before, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Overall I would say this is a game worth buying brand new. Still doesn't beat CoD4 in my opinion. But it is definately 2nd best in the series and a much needed pick me up after the abortion called MW3. Don't believe all the BF3 and Halo 4 haters, this really is a good game.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    So, here we are again, another Call of Duty game in the seemingly endless franchise. I'm not going to lie - when I read these reviews before getting home and playing the game, I wasn't expecting much.

Wasn't I wrong. This does not feel like a COD game, regardless of what others who have reviewed it say - the campaign is fantastic, diverse and written by the Co-Writer of The Dark Knight Rises, the zombies is as great as usual, and the multiplayer... well, it's the first time i've actually enjoyed the multiplayer during the first hour of playtime since MW2.

This is NOT the best COD game, that title belongs to the classics - however, it only just falls short, and deserves a solid 9.3.

NOTE: I warn you to disregard any 'RED' reviews. The vast majority are very likely to be bandwaggoning haters and/or Battlefield/Halo fans. It's a shame that men have to resort to such childish means to get 'one-up' on rival gaming franchises.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    One of the best Call of Duty games ever!!! The campaign is great, but not as good as COD 4, and the new features of the Zombie Mode and the Multiplayer (the most important for me) make this game a must have for every shooter fan!!!
  17. Nov 16, 2012
    I'm really disappointed in this game. The campaign is so-so at best. The multiplayer maps seem to favor those that like to wait in a dark corner or behind a half-wall. It's not terribly difficult to spawn trap the opposite team. (No matter the game type.) What has made it fun so far is playing with friends, but there are other games out there can do the same.
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    I give BO2 a solid 7. I love Treyarch as a company and believe they are a much better company than IW.

This game has been a blast to play. Right now Im level 25 Prestige 1 and its Nov. 15th. Treyarch has implemented so many things into this game to make it a better experience and I love them. There are, however, a few key things that just ruin my experience sometimes. Listed in order or annoyance/importance for me;

1) Sound - Before I got the perk Awareness I never, not even once, heard someone sprinting up behind me to knife me. I could be standing on top of a metal staircase and their can be nothing else going on in the game (gunfire, etc) and I still can not hear this guy sprinting up this metal staircase to knife me in the back. I have Turtle Beach X41's and I play with them all the way up. In Black Ops, I could quite easily hear people even without whatever perk it was. In MW3 there was SitRep Pro, which let me hear clear across the map where people where hiding in corners. Now, in Blops 2, I cant hear a damn thing. Someone could come up behind me and throw a party and I would never know it. I couldnt wait to get the Awareness perk thinking it would be similar to SitRep Pro, well, its not, not even close. There were a few games where I actually heard some footsteps, but, if there is ANYTHING going on in the background (gunfire, choppers, etc), you cant hear footsteps again. 2 - Aim Assist - Is it just me or does every single bad player all of a sudden have the most amazing aim in the world? It doesnt matter if Im clear across the map with just my eyeball peaking out while head glitching, that person just scopes in and starts spraying and every bullet is smacking me. You watch the kill cam and you see the cross hairs just magically find you as long as he went ADS somewhere in your vicinity. I look at everyone K:D a lot and you just dont see the really BAD players anymore. Everyone is at least a .8 K:D. Theres a reason and thats because of this crazy aim assist. Coming from PC gaming, I understand the need for Aim Assist in a controller operated game but my god, turn it down a little.
    3 - Headglitching - 50% of gun battles involve you having to try to take off someones head because thats all there is in this game. I dont even know how you would try to fix this but I've never seen so many people head glitching. Every 5 feet there is another obstacle for you to stand behind and head glitch.
    4 - Domination Game Mode - One of my old favorite game modes, now my most hated. Unless you are on a very good team, this game mode is one sided. There are only ever 3 flag captures per round. One team gets A, the other team gets C, and whoever captures B wins. Very few games involve multiple Dom point swaps. The spawns in this game mode are also responsible for this because even if you manage to sneak all the way around to try to capture their starting flag, if you die, you spawn all the way behind your own starting flag and you have to do it all over again. Its crazy how bad this actually is. On a side note, I would love to see a 5 second respawn delay or something in this game mode.
    5 - Partying up - 2 things - Im usually playing with a full party of 6 people and when you go to start a game sometimes it takes a minute or so. For some reason, once the leader of the party starts the game, he can no longer hear anything from his teammates until they actually all get into the lobby, but, they can still hear him. Its kind of a weird/glitch thing that Im sure lots of people are complaining about and should be easy to fix. Another is being able to switch the party leader. If Im the leader of a party of 6 and I want to pass lead, that person has to back out and start a whole new party and send out invites. Kind of stupid.

Well thats my review, Im still having a blast playing the game and Im confident Treyarch will fix a bunch of these issues once they start hearing from the community.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    This game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to payThis game falls unbelievably short of the FPS graphic and sounds standards set by recent FPSes such as BF3, Warfigher and Halo 4. If you're the best selling FPS ever, the least you could do is spend some of that revenue and hire a decent team to build a new engine instead of using id Tech 3 for every single CoD game. Or buy the Frostbite Engine from EA, you're already spending money to pay off Critics anyways, why not spend some more? Anyways, onto the gameplay review. Campaign is a nice short 4 hours, and I'm glad it's short because it was bad and I wanted to play multiplayer. Multiplayer maps feel crowded and junked up with unnecessary **** Love the futuristic design of the new guns, but unfortunately, they feel like the old guns. The new pick ten system and the new perk system are good. So far though, this game plays exactly like Warfighter and IGN gave Warfighter a 4. That must mean the zombies mode is so good that it gives BO2 5 more points. Now I haven't played zombies yet, because all my friends are asleep, so I'm going to leave this here with a rating of 4, but I'll come back and make this rating a 9 if zombies absolutely blows my mind with how **** amazing it is. It had better not disappoint or else I'll know IGN is a corrupt review site who gets paid off by Activision so they can sell more copies of CoD and I certainly hope that's not true. On a side note, this game will probably be played at MLG and IPL because of how easy it is. MLG and IPL have to have SC2 otherwise it would be a casualfest. Collapse
  20. Dec 2, 2012
    If i had to sum up my feelings about this game in four words it would be "More of the same". The campaign is mediocre at best. The multiplayer is the same multiplayer you have played in the last 4 call of duty games. Yes, there are a few changes to the core systems but its not anything groundbreaking by any means. I've officially decided that i won't be purchasing any future call of dutyIf i had to sum up my feelings about this game in four words it would be "More of the same". The campaign is mediocre at best. The multiplayer is the same multiplayer you have played in the last 4 call of duty games. Yes, there are a few changes to the core systems but its not anything groundbreaking by any means. I've officially decided that i won't be purchasing any future call of duty games, the gaming industry right now is in desperate need of innovation. I'm getting incredibly sick and tired of seeing numbered sequels to everything. Expand
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    Unfortunately, Call of Duty games tend to have two bandwagons; Bandwagon A consists of non-gamers buying into the marketing and hype, and will often rate Call of Duty games a 10 because they don't have much else to compare them to other than Fifa. Bandwagon B consists of snob-gamers, who make up their minds to give the games 0 before even playing them, simply because it's popular andUnfortunately, Call of Duty games tend to have two bandwagons; Bandwagon A consists of non-gamers buying into the marketing and hype, and will often rate Call of Duty games a 10 because they don't have much else to compare them to other than Fifa. Bandwagon B consists of snob-gamers, who make up their minds to give the games 0 before even playing them, simply because it's popular and almost "cool" to dislike them and say they're made for 12 year olds. I'm 25, and I don't care for bandwagon's and the like, so let me give you a much more honest review: Black Ops II isn't a bad game - certainly not worth the 10 so-called professional critics are giving it, but definitely not deserving of a 0, which equates it to some rushed 007 game. Despite what people have said, it's not a cut and paste of its predecessor, as it introduces a whole new futuristic setting, complete with a very different soundtrack, weapons and on-rails scenes. It also introduces the new strike force missions, which are essentially strategy-based missions and a world away from linear first person shooting. Black Ops II also switches between past and future missions, which allows for a fantastic way to learn the story, which is packed full of plot twists and an opportunity to play from unlikely perspectives. Of course, the game isn't without fault; it does suffer from being a little on the easy side. Without intentionally c0ck swinging, even on Veteran, the game feels like it has been made to predominantly cater to bandwagon A (as stated above). Some of the weapons are a little overpowered (a sniper rifles that can shoot through walls) and there are constant weapon cache's with the chance to refill ammo. Not once will you feel as under pressure as you did in World At War or even MW1. It's also a little on the short side, and I don't care much for the zombie mode. With so many pros and cons, I was close to giving the game an average 6, but to be honest I enjoyed it too much to give it anything less than a 7 - it's worth a rent, but not the retail price tag. Alternatively just wait until the price lowers. Expand
  22. Dec 8, 2012
    In all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decentIn all honesty, Black Ops 2 is not a bad game. The graphics aren't really all that they could be. But are you going to be running around seeing of you can see the details of a rock, or are you going to be shooting people? I am not defending the choice to keep using the same game engine with minor tweaks each year, but graphics are not what makes a game good or bad. The campaign is a decent length. They tried to make a story that is interesting and I believe they succeeded. With that being said, it is still similar to past Call of Duty's. Escort this guy, snipe this guy, get to the helicopter, all just to get the set piece that every mission has. Zombies is a bit of a hit and miss. I really like what they did with the new game mode Tranzit. What that is, is a very large map where you get from area to area via a bus. You can build these little machines and things out of parts that you find. And the neat part is that the areas you go to are the survival maps. But just playing the survival maps by themselves are not very good. No Pack-A-Punch, and very limited space. These maps are small. The majority bought this game for multiplayer. And, just like Zombies, is a hit and miss. The guns are decently varied, although they really seemed to guve everything a pretty high fire rate. The maps are small, which makes them ideal for submachine guns and shotguns. The new gamemode Hardpoint is basically a King of the Hill type mode. The Pick Ten system that replaces the old Create A Class is definately an improvement. Want two primaries? You can do that. Want to run with nothing but a combat knife and a lot of perks? You can do that.
    So there's quite a bit of good and quite a bit of bad. If you haven't played Call of Duty in a few years, you might want to pick this up. If you have played every Call of Duty before this, I would suggest waiting until you can get it for $30-$40.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    This game does nothing original. The multiplayer is the same rehashed crap that it's always been, the graphics wouldn't look out of place on a PS2, the campaign is a joke, and the zombies? 8 player co-op with campaign style missions? Resistance 2 did that three years ago.
  24. Nov 16, 2012
    I know what you are thinking Black ops 2 a COD game I've seen it all before, yeah that's what I thought too. So the newest entry in COD games is set in the 2020's and 1980's and 1970's, so the graphics are the same as in MW2, this game has nothing new to bring to the table, just good multiplayer, because thats what this was all about: Multiplayer and the Zombies, so I will if you are aI know what you are thinking Black ops 2 a COD game I've seen it all before, yeah that's what I thought too. So the newest entry in COD games is set in the 2020's and 1980's and 1970's, so the graphics are the same as in MW2, this game has nothing new to bring to the table, just good multiplayer, because thats what this was all about: Multiplayer and the Zombies, so I will if you are a fan the whole COD series you are pretty much gonna like this it's the same thing, but if you stopped playing COD after MW2 than you might not like this but if you don't like the whole COD than why bother you are gonna hate it, so I say Blops 2 deserves 2/10. Expand
  25. Nov 17, 2012
    That franchise is destroying the industry, stop buying it if you care about good games in the future, this cancer must be exterminated or there will be a day that all games will looks like it.
  26. Nov 17, 2012
    Derivative. That's all I can say of Call of Duty. It's a sad decline from the greatness of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A slow decay and entropy towards oblivion. It no longer became a shining sun it once was, no a crushing black hole for the FPS genre to slow die in. There's less "future" in it compared to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex. Only a few guns and vehicles areDerivative. That's all I can say of Call of Duty. It's a sad decline from the greatness of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A slow decay and entropy towards oblivion. It no longer became a shining sun it once was, no a crushing black hole for the FPS genre to slow die in. There's less "future" in it compared to games such as Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex. Only a few guns and vehicles are changed. The story line might as well been written by Michael Bay, even though they hired the writer for the Dark Knight. The fanbase and monetary transactions have become more and more cancerous, and I only see a cliff ahead for this speeding train. RIP COD, you will be remembered but not missed Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    i am not accepting graphics from 2007 and a gameplay that reapeats the whole same crap for the 1000x time.

its not even like i PLAY a game? its auotaime, autoheal auto.... get me out of here...
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    Well.... I fell for it AGAIN. I've been playing Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3. It stopped getting good by Modern Warfare 2. This is what Call of Duty does. They play all these awesome trailers on YouTube and on TV, and you think.... "Well, I don't know if I want to get this game." And then around 2 weeks before the release date, they play the best trailer they got for their last salesWell.... I fell for it AGAIN. I've been playing Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3. It stopped getting good by Modern Warfare 2. This is what Call of Duty does. They play all these awesome trailers on YouTube and on TV, and you think.... "Well, I don't know if I want to get this game." And then around 2 weeks before the release date, they play the best trailer they got for their last sales pitch, and you really want the game. Okay, so I got the game Tuesday night and I hesitated to play it until yesterday. I beat the campaign last night, it sucked. Graphics were slightly improved, but it was typical COD style, no big problem there... The story was annoying. The whole future-istic crap is so over done. It felt generic and dumb. So, I played the multiplayer. Typical COD sh*t. Nothing changes but the maps and weapons, and people STILL hack the game so it ruins what little fun there is. I quit half way through a Team Deathmatch, because this was incredibly stupid. So I played zombies.... Fantastic stuff! It seems Call of Duty needs to release their own zombies installment instead of the same ole crap they spew at us every year. Zombies is the only thing they've gotten right. CALL OF DUTY, WE DON'T WANT A MODERN WARFARE 4 NEXT YEAR, WE DON'T WANT A BLACK OPS 3, WE WANT CALL OF DUTY: ZOMBIES. JUST A FULL GAME OF ZOMBIES. ZOMBIE MULTIPLAYER, ZOMBIE CAMPAIGN, ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Ugh. I would say I won't be buying next year's installment.... but I've said that since MW2. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    I usually try to write a detailed review...however this will be purely to boost overall user rating (uphill battle).
    This game to me is an outlet to gaming with friends pure and simple. It doesnt need to be revolutionary or industry changing. It only need to provide me with a fleshed out multiplayer experience. I respect and understand Activisions Business Model. You can tell time and energy went into this game. trolls be trolls and its cool to hate whats cool....society is a real peach :)
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    I've never been a big fan of CoD. I often found the storyline discombobulated and so off the wall that it didn't make sense and I appreciated the depth of the multiplayer some of the perks, and the player tatics and general attitude of let's run around like crazy until the other team is dead really turned me off. I've always been a Battlefield fan.

Having said that. This new game is

Having said that. This new game is amazing. There are choices and consequences in the story. The villain, while despicable, is a tragic figure that suffered through some true atrocities. I actually found myself caring about him at some point. The multiplayer has been revamped. It's to early to prestige but when you do you actually have options now. You get a token that you can use to unlock something no matter what level it is. They've tweaked the perks system which I like and they finally took the focus off of KDR. I've always been a 1.3-1 on average KDR guy myself. so this was a welcome change.

Bottom line is don't listen to these idiots who say the game sucks and nothing's changed. They're doing that to drive the score down because they've nothing better to do with their time. Plus the game's been out for 12 hours so there's no way to know if it really does suck.
  31. Nov 13, 2012