2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2035 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

It was a simple impulse buy. 30 minutes after buying it, I regretted supporting this horrible trash company. The servers lag constantly, the graphics are trash thrown in your face, and all fan favorites were removed. The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features included, and I feel offended. CoD will not be getting my business ever again.

I'm considering buying two copies of Battlefield 4 just so I can REALLY support a great game.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Sad just sad stop spending money on these games and they will stop making them or at least make improvements this game is worth a third of what it costs including the season pass your looking at $120 of wasted cash wow this game offers nothing that is worth that price please don't wast your hard earned money again stick to the cods you already have there all the same anyway
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    This game was crazy.
    There are too many bugs. And why 6gb ram for this game and will need?
    Compared before and better, but I still long is too low.
    Lost to Battlefield 4 is clear.
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    This should be announced the scam of the year. The game is so terrible it hurts. Wooden animations, low quality textures, small maps, camera going through objects, poor sounds, etc.
    They even copied Modern Warfare 2 ending.... pathetic. And they ask that much for this? Stop treating gamers as idiots already.
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  6. Nov 11, 2013
    When I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down toWhen I got this game I was excited as hell. I spent all if my Friday just playing the campaign and I was unsatisfied. I noticed several times that the material for the story was recycled from other COD's. So I didn't mind, but when I went to the multiplayer to try their "customization options" they had exaggerated so much about. To sum it up, the game was a money-raker that fell down to hell with any potential it may have had. 4/10 and no more. Expand
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    The same bad game with no innovation. This old dog hasn't learned any new tricks. Spend u r valuable money and time elsewhere unless u r 10 then please play this game so I don't find u in other games
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    CoD has been the same reskinned game since MW2. Same multiplayer, single player is always boring. CoD Ghosts is no different. Only entertaining things in it are the loading screens. CoD just needs to finish. They should have finished with the last GOOD CoD, Call of Duty: World At War.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Generic shooter, low texture, suck multiplayer!

I hope Activision make a better game on the next time!
    The singleplayer is ridiculous, i sinished this in 4h!

Worst game of the year!
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    Activision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene fromActivision clearly thinks their customers are fools who will buy the game regardless of what they do. A next gen game using an 11 year old modified quake engine. So much for all the "we are building a new engine". Adding some poor lighting effects (google ghosts two suns lighting) and upping polygon count doesn't equal a new engine. Then there is the issue of one of the final scene from MW2 being recycled into the start of ghosts. Been playing since cod2 and cod4 is still the best. Not because of nostalgia (as Vonderhaar has claimed) but because the server lag was way less notable to the point that skill actually played a part. Expand
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Call Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over andCall Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over and over, cause they simply hate change....Anyways, enough of my babble....This game is the same ol same as before....Guns and enemies....Let's KILL!!!! Sell a million copies and do it again next year....YES....Oh yeah and they added Shark Attack Deathmatch to the game HAHAHA which is laughable.... Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    Not saying this is a bad game. However, I am extremely pissed at the practice of coming out with the same game every year which effectively make my old COD and related purchased DLC content obsolete since all friends/other people would move onto the latest COD.

Improvement? Yes, minor. Charging another $60 with god knows how many in DLC? Go to hell!
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    It receives so much hate (and deservedly so) and yet still makes $1 Billion on it first day. Another mediocre game and another billion dollars, this has gone on for far too long.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    Yet another Call of Duty, yet another zero. This is a series for braindead 13-years. Avoid at all costs this piece of garbage. Lalalalala-lalalala-lala-la
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Is the same the same the same the same the same... for what!? is call of duty 4 but with some graphic tweaks, i don't know how people buy it! why!?... the multiplayer is for nuubs...
    play real games like quake arena,Borderlands2,Bioshock.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    As many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the firstAs many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the first time that I did not buy a Call of Duty game; instead I decided to rent Ghosts and see how it was. After playing Ghosts for a couple of hours, I can officially state that Call of Duty: Ghosts is not only the worst Call of Duty game in the franchise's history, but the worst FPS I have ever played. This game's visuals are atrocious in motion, there are extremely rough textures as well, and the gameplay is horrible. The hit/miss marker is horrific, just like BO2 and the maps are poor as well. The story mode, unlike the previous CoD games developed by Infinity Ward, is terrible. The story is extremely short and I lost interest 30 minutes into it. Do NOT buy this undeveloped atrocity of a game, even when it goes on sale in about a year! Expand
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Same gimmick every single year, yet still they expect to make a lot of money, this year they have disappointed, call of duty was dead last year now they are just poking the dead corpse hoping it would give more!
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked Ghosts up this morning and had high hopes that this would be the one that stepped forward with an new awesome touch to the old "COD formula". After about 8 hours of gameplay I feel extremely disappointed... Same old outdated stuff, that has been milked for YEARS now.

COD:Ghosts is nothing more than a glorified MW2 reskin sadly...
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible! I've played call of duty since the start and this has to be the worst! It's honestly a joke. I can't even finish this review due to the badness of it.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    COD lost its way once Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired. COD 4 and Modern Warfare 2 are still the best till this day. Titanfall FTW!!! Respawn Entertainment!
  21. Nov 7, 2013
    In all honesty i was looking for a better call of duty than black ops 2 was and all i got was a $65 dollar piece of dump that disgraces the world of call of duty. I have never been this un-pleased with a video game. I would rather drop another 60 bucks on Resident evil:Operation Raccoon City than Call of Duty Ghost
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    This game compared to battlefield 4 is halarious even this compared to battlefield 3 lol this has the graphics of battlefield 2 boring boring boring boring dud sterio types boring gunplay no imersion honestly why do they think they can keep going with this lol there only community is 12 yearolds spend your money on other games that have depth into them not a half year game that is for 12 yearolds
  23. Nov 6, 2013
    There is ZERO strategy to be found in the multiplayer as the maps lack any direction or flow whatsoever. If you thought there were any gametypes available to change that, THINK AGAIN because HQ, S&D, demolition, & CTF are all gone.
  24. Nov 7, 2013
    I've been saying it since MW2. Same thing every year. Nothing innovative at all. Activision has figured out how to exploit addiction. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Activision and Bobby Kotick.
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Didn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way tooDidn't play the single player. I only bought this for the multiplayer. I wouldn't mind another COD iteration, but this one feels clunky and I just don't have any draw to it. After about an hour that was enough. In particular most of the maps play too large. Most of them are just a LOT of intersecting corridors with no line of sight beyond one or two rooms. As a result you spend way too much time roaming these corridors and kills just seem to be one player stumbling up behind another. Also, why are there no merc matches anymore? COD has never compensated for parties in their matchmaking algorithm, so for those of us who can't wrangle up a full squad you'll get dominated. Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    Its like a pirated DVD of a game it looks rough plays like a games from 2004 and is just bad this is not a new engine total BS lazy cash in yet again some good ideas but the choppy story and ugly graphics and 1980s story line.
    This will be traded in for BF4 i gave COD one more chance they are ripping the piss now.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Cod needs to die. I havent bought the last 3 but ive still played them stop buying and maybe they'll change the game until then Just do yourself a big favor and get battlefield 4
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    Wow.. Is all i can say.

Im not going to give an angry review, All im going to say is, COD GHOSTS is 0/10.
    COD 4 was one of my favorite games of all time. I just think they need to re-capture what we loved about COD4
  29. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Listen, I'm not some BF4 or CoD fan girl. This review is my truly honest opinion... This game is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the Call of Duty title, the critics (and more of the community) would've agreed.

I usually look forward to Infinity Ward's games because MW and MW2 offered so much in terms of advancement and progression in the series (and in gaming at large). I think many can agree that while MW3 was a reasonable game, it was just a MW2 reshell...and I fear that while Ghosts is essentially a MW3 rehash...the things they DID change completely ruined the game.

- Campaign was only 4-5 hours long, and it was boring...honestly, I can't even remember the names of the characters. Campaign mode is supposed to be a great story that compels you to care about the characters and to hope to GOSH that they survive (Soap!?!?!). But alas, I couldn't have cared less.

- Multiplayer essentially encourages camping even more than previous CoDs, but increases the map size. Now IF you manage to find someone you're lucky. I just LOVE having to check every single effin' corner for a surprise.

- Lag issues.. We were promised dedicated servers AT LAUNCH which would greatly reduce the lag. They lied. They can't even tell us the expected date which means I doubt they'll happen. False advertising much?

- Spawns. Okay, I know it's a big difficult to not have players occasionally spawn near each other...causing one to inevitably curse. However, I thought the huge map size was to compensate for this especially in TDM, FFA, and KC? Wrong. Apparently the spawns are still non-sensical and I end up spawning directly in front of a camping little biyatch.

-Glitches... They happen, I understand...but I don't want to fall THROUGH the map into the black abyss.

-Graphics. Now I'm not sure how it'll look on the next gen (from what I hear they focused on those versions)...HOWEVER, on the 360 I feel like I'm playing MW2 which was released in 2009. I mean, seriously? Play Assassin's Creed or Bioshock at Infinity Ward, see how it's done. Freaking BEAUTIFUL games.

-Leveling up: Okay, I know it's not the most important feature...but I like to feel like I'm making progress when I'm putting 6,7,8,9...hours into the game. I'm a decent player and it took FOREVER to break level 20! Dafuq is with the leveling system, eh? Making me take longer to level isn't going to increase my desire to play this game.

-Squad points.... Eh. 500 Squad Points for a Squad Member? WTF do I need that squad member for exactly? Is this what you spent millions on? =)

I'm completely disappointed and in fact a bit angry that Infinity Ward has decided to trick us into shelling out the cash. They promised big and provided nothing but broken promises. Honestly, next time I will be waiting for the reviews from GAMERS, NOT the big names like IGN who give out 9s and 10s to piece of crap games like this.

I hope this honest review gives you some insight on whether to buy this game
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    Completely copypastes the ending of Modern Warfare 2 (and really, steals it frame by frame). Don't reward this company with your money. They're the joke of the industry.
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  32. Nov 9, 2013
    You thought IW will give us change? Why? It does not have a point. Seeing a trailer god dammit I see much better dog than ever before. Character customization oh hell yeah. I can be a female. Etc, Etc. That stuff could have been done years ago. Pre-release of CoD 4 such things would be given for a single price. Sure that developers would run out of ideas, but at least we would admit thatYou thought IW will give us change? Why? It does not have a point. Seeing a trailer god dammit I see much better dog than ever before. Character customization oh hell yeah. I can be a female. Etc, Etc. That stuff could have been done years ago. Pre-release of CoD 4 such things would be given for a single price. Sure that developers would run out of ideas, but at least we would admit that last Call of Duty was the best. It's all about money today; that's sad reality. Expand
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    So bad, I can't believe they get away with doing this every year. It's appealing to mindless drones as they have some new maps to play on in multiplayer so expect huge sales again. I kinda feel CoD is laughing at us, buying the same, uninspiring crap year after year.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    the game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back trackingthe game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back tracking there self not moving forward. Expand
  35. Nov 15, 2013
    What a horrid game, sometimes I even think modern warfare 2 looks better and that game is really old. I don't understand why people buy this game anymore, it's dead.
  36. Dec 2, 2013
    A truly awful multiplayer game. Even IW came out and said cod players are not gamers! That their way of saying we're a lazy bunch of so and so's, who couldn't be arsed designing anything other than crud. Apart from a few maps, the level design is just awful. The guns sound like air guns and you dont even know if the have a silencer on them or not. The sound is the worst i even heard, andA truly awful multiplayer game. Even IW came out and said cod players are not gamers! That their way of saying we're a lazy bunch of so and so's, who couldn't be arsed designing anything other than crud. Apart from a few maps, the level design is just awful. The guns sound like air guns and you dont even know if the have a silencer on them or not. The sound is the worst i even heard, and no options to change any of it. And last of all you get rewarded for having terrible aim. Just spray and pray cos accuracy doesn't even come into it. And i can never remember a cod game picking such terrible hosts, and then sticking with them for the entire match. All in all, i'm sick that i spent 60euro on the crap. I have never said that about a cod game before. I have been playing it since the beginning. COD4 and MW2 were the pinnacle. It's been downhill ever since. Only nazi zombies saved the Treyarch editions. You're nmo different to FIFA or TW golf at this stage. IW, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Expand
  37. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player runningbsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  38. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is so bad that I'm doing my first ever metacritic user review. The muliplayer severely lacks variety and its maps are very similar recycled components of earlier 'COD' games. The singleplayer is a scripted exercise in boredom and cliche.

This is what 'widening' the game audience had led to, a CRAP game. Bring back COD4 type COD games, simple and with variety in places where it's needed
  39. Nov 6, 2013
    I was so excited to play this game after waiting months! I am deeply disappointed. There are several things that need to be improved.

First, either the bullet damage, multipliers, or the health needs to be adjusted. When I watch the kill cam after dying it shows the guy pumping 4-5 bullets into me then I die. On my screen, however, i take about 1-2 shots then I'm down. Not sure what the reason for this is but it is a HUGE flaw.

Second, spawn systems. I don't know what infinity ward does to the spawns but it's like they gave the 'spawning' division over to a group of disabled monkeys. Playing in a FFA match (although applicable to all game modes) I decided to stay put for about 15 seconds before running around to see if someone ran into my field of view. Well, I didn't have to take ONE step (not ONE STEP) before turning my head to my left, and seeing a player who had just been killed SPAWN WITHIN ARMS REACH of where I stood. This is a HUGE flaw.

Thirdly, I thought I bought Call of Duty: Ghosts. Not some cheap wal-mart rip-off attempt at a franchise behemoth. It is FAR too different from the past CoDs that there have been. I mean, sure, I get it. Make it different, that's fine. But keep the staples in the game. The game modes, and kill/reward streaks that we've all come to love (or put up with). They've changed far too much for this to be called Call of Duty. The squad point system is a HUGE flaw. First off, getting so few squad points, and the finding out that you don't even have any default classes so you're stuck spending your precious squad points on attachments/perks/guns/kill streaks/equipment/lethals?! GOOD GRIEF! Instead of having a point system that basically says, "Just pick what you want to play with because you ain't getting it all" they should have just left it a simple unlock system...I digress.

Why did so much have to change? Change is not good, at least not in this context. Why can't both companies brainstorm on what the BEST parts of the game are? Or better yet, ASK THE COMMUNITY!!!!!!! We're the ones paying your bills, the least you could do is build us a game that we want. (I know nothing is unanimous but majority rules here).

To sum up. Shame on you Infinity Ward. You turned an annual tradition into a disappointment.

I will wait for the patch to come out before playing this game and before giving two thoughts as to whether or not I'll buy it for my Xbox One on the 22nd. There will be a patch. It will fix these issues. Or they're going to lose a LOT of their supportive, loyal, fan base.

If not, I'll buy BF4.
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    Disapointment, game needs some fresh ideas. Not worth the purchase. The multiplayer maps are a let down, not as good as previous CODs. The weapons layout and perk system follows a guideline from the previous games but a lot weaker in regards to weapons selections.
  41. Nov 15, 2013
    At what point do you tell yourself, no more? Call of Duty Ghosts promises to revitalise the ailing franchise, but instead of injecting new blood into it, it exposes itself as the worst Call of Duty title yet. It never reaches the highs of Black Ops 1 and repeats the mistake of Modern Warfare 2 and 3. In fact, it even borrows animation from the latter.

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away at all cost.
  42. Nov 14, 2013
    I thought COD Black Ops 2 was a very enjoyable game. COD "Ghosts" is reprehensibly bad! I really wish I could get my money back. The characters are flat, the campaign dull, and the graphics simply unremarkable. Nothing special about this at all. If you are really bored and have no other game to play, then this game might serve as a temporary distraction until you can get your hands on anI thought COD Black Ops 2 was a very enjoyable game. COD "Ghosts" is reprehensibly bad! I really wish I could get my money back. The characters are flat, the campaign dull, and the graphics simply unremarkable. Nothing special about this at all. If you are really bored and have no other game to play, then this game might serve as a temporary distraction until you can get your hands on an actually good game! Do not waste your hard-earned money on this sack of scheisse. Expand
  43. Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah, so, uh, there's some crap in here about astronauts and guns and space battles and satellites but it's supposed to be cool and modern and edgy. What the f*ck is this?
  44. Nov 28, 2013
    COD Ghosts is a joke of a game, every year the same piece of crap. I would rather ride on my awesome donkey all day along instead of playing this garbage.
  45. Jan 11, 2014
    By far, the worst CoD of all time. Do not waste your time with this game. Here are the issues:
    1- Maps suck, meaning they have no flow and are a clusterf***, with sometimes as many as 3 different levels with 50 different entrances and windows.
    2- Spawns are chaotic. They are the worst out of all CoDs and it's impossible to control them. For example: you're playing Domination with a party, nobody is rushing spawns, and you have A and B locked down. Too bad. Enemies start spawning behind you.
    1 and 2- 1 combined with 2 gives me a headache when playing.
    3- There's no demolition, headquarters, CTF, ground war, hardpoint, and I think a few more. The only thing worth playing is Domination, and that gets old reeeaaaal fast.
    4. Most of the weapons in the multi-player are the same re-skinned guns.
    5. Limited 8vs8 games online.
    6. It feels like MW3 part 2, and that's pretty bad considering MW3 was MW2 part 2. Seriously, there's nothing new.
  46. Nov 15, 2013
    i totally wonder why the review are :
    10% omg this is sooo new and the grapichs are sooo good..."
    90% same copy paste like every year " i played bl2 and i enjoyed it ONLY BECAUSE MY PC ISNT STRONG ENOUGH FOR BATTLEFIELD OR SOMETHING BETTER bl2 on max setting works fine bf 3 lowest setting doesnt work) there is nothing new..no inovation in guns..no inovation in the maps..same
    i totally wonder why the review are :
    10% omg this is sooo new and the grapichs are sooo good..."
    90% same copy paste like every year "
    there is nothing new..no inovation in guns..no inovation in the maps..same destryed new alien thing in new..faster zombies...thats all...faster zombies...if they would realease a game with totally new guys inovating maps etc..ppl wont hate it only cause its a cod game...but for ghosts.
  47. Dec 15, 2013
    I didn't play it, but these other guys sound like they know what they're talking about.
  48. Nov 6, 2013
    No real leader boards, mute function is non-existent, the campaign was bland at best, the space scene was confusing, and the dog felt like controlling a drone in Black Ops 2. Very mediocre. I had no fun with it at all. Total disappointment.
  49. Nov 7, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars.
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    You should buy this game only if you have money to blow. There are so many truly amazing games that offer a real gaming experience that CoD: Ghosts fails to deliver.

The campaign is just your typical "last hope for humanity" type story that relies heavily on action packed sequences. But since this has been done so many times in the previous CoD titles, it's easy to simply overlook any otherwise exciting moment as a "I feel like I've seen this before" deja vu.

The multiplayer is what most people look for in a CoD game. And if you're buying this for the multiplayer, you're better off not buying it at all. Basically, if you've played one CoD multiplayer, you've played them all. And CoD: Ghosts stays true to this. It is your typical CoD run and gun style shooter with little to no innovation whatsoever.
    Why play this when Battlefield 4 does everything Ghosts does, and does it 10x better, not to mention it does way more.

Visually, CoD: Ghosts looks like any other CoD game developed by Infinity Ward. Hell, it might even look worst than MW2. Atleast MW2 had vibrant colors, Ghosts has a greyish gloomy look to it, justified by being a post-apocalyptic setting, but is is visually dull and boring.

I'm going to wrap this up and give it a 2, because I'm feeling generous.

Oh! And it has a dog and aliens, because... INNOVATION!
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    I've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say theI've been a faithful COD fanboy until now. Maps are way TOO BIG! Only marathon will get you back into the fight long enough before the game time runs out. I've never played so many COD games where the time expires before the game objectives are completed. If I wanted large maps I would have gone with BF4. Also, the level-up experience based on squad points is frustrating to say the least. I found myself getting upset and bored accumulating just a few squad points each game only to find out that I still couldn't afford the outrageously priced perk, gun, attachments, kill-streak, additional weapon class, etc, that I was looking forward to. Among other frustrating details, all-in-all, this game might quickly be replaced by BF4. At least they have vehicles that get you back in the fight. Expand
  52. Nov 6, 2013
    Got to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successfulGot to play this for the first time today. Through the campaign and multiplayer I just felt like I was playing Black OPs all over again. I have enjoyed playing COD in the past, but just like most of the other reviews, it just feels old and repetitive. With all of the advertising and build up, I was just left feeling let down and disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a successful line of video games. Expand
  53. Nov 6, 2013
    Until they decide to give us something new or slightly innovative I can get the COD shooter experience from the old COD game that sits on my shelf. This game offers nothing but a step back for the genre. There are far too many better games out making this one a waste of time.
  54. Nov 6, 2013
    Huge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's funHuge disappointment. All the hype and promise and we get this. When your single player campaign is the highlight of your game, a game which owes all of its success to online multiplayer, you've got a big problem. The single player campaign is intriguing to a degree, though it's pretty much the same as all the other COD games. The best part of single player is Riley the dog. He's fun to play as and you genuinely care about him. Other than that, boring.

Multiplayer. Oh dear God. Awful. Where do I even begin?

It takes forever to level up and in order to upgrade your guns, you have to level up and spend your squad points. I spent about four hours straight playing and I got to level six. Level. Six. Yeah.

There is no more Search and Destroy.

I primarily play Hardcore games in COD games, and they had to go and change that. When you die in HC TDM, you have to wait anywhere from 10-15 seconds before you can respawn. Absolutely unnecessary.

Inbetween multiplayer matches, you have about 10 seconds before the next match begins, which does not give you time to change your loadouts, perks, or scorestreaks.

When the match begins, there is a 15-second countdown before the match actually starts.

The maps are ENORMOUS. They obviously did this for the next-gen consoles which will be 9v9, but for now 6v6 matches are awful. It takes forever to find anyone and gain XP. No XP no weapon upgrades.

Quite a few of the MP modes involve AI bots in the Squads mode. The bots are extremely overpowered and basically headshot you 9/10 times. The bots have more health and one-shot you almost instantly. They need to be nerfed immediately.

The best part of MP is the Safeguard mode, which is basically a Horde mode. This is a lot of fun and is quite challenging.

Overall, this game is a huge disappointment and the Battlefield players are yukking it up. Do yourself a favor and skip this entry. Stick with Black Ops II.
  55. Nov 6, 2013
    Game was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on theGame was poorly released on short basis, although not a big campaign player, the multiplayer maps were poorly designed, and as were the guns and attachments. The way you earn credits for guns is highly oppressed and overused, as I have already seen MANY methods for farming the points in order to earn guns, attachments, perks and such. The graphics are good, but were highly overrated on the pre-release ratings. The AI was improved for the bots and "aliens", but were still to be improved. I feel like they REALLY rushed the date it would come out, and the new ideas should not stick. Zombies need to be brought back from the grave... Get it? But seriously, the whole idea of aliens makes NO sense, as there is NO back-story, and NO plot. As I've stressed, the multiplayer is bad, the guns to overpowered, and much more. #Savethezombies Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    Why not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly theWhy not actually play the game and then telling people what exactly you didn't like about it? I read through most of these reviews and most didn't tell me squat except that there are people who have not played it but still felt the need to score it.. Just play another game and stop submitting reviews to games you haven't played, losers. Onto the game. Campaign has its moments, mainly the first and final missions but it's forgettable for the most part. The use of Riley, the dog, really was exclusive to just a couple of missions which was a disappointment due to how fun his parts are. My main gripe with the game is its multiplayer. Not sure why but Hardpoint, Headquarters, Theater Mode, and Search and Destroy are gone. The maps are also pretty big and a bit complicated... too many rooms, too much space for a 6v6 battle. Playing Ground War might have been a solution but even that is gone. Killstreaks has replaced scorestreaks as well which for me is a big step down. This game really just makes me want to play Black Ops 2 again. I'd recommend people to rent it before deciding to buy it or not. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    COD is washed up and each installment feels like a DLC with more lag bugs then before. Big maps, slow movement, and small teams. Battlefield has taken over.
  58. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT, it completely copied the ending from MW2. Like seriously, same animations, same backgrounds, same athmosphere, same movements. The scene onyl uses a buggy instead of a heli. This is called 'Screwing fans', I hope this CoD get's pushed into the ground. The level design, weapons and animations suck giant Nothing has been improved. And also Infinity Ward completely ignores the best about CoD: the competitive scene. I wish this franchise would be extinct, just as their new sucky gamemode. Expand
  59. Nov 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed okI really enjoyed black ops 2. they had great weapon variety, simple and straight forwards maps, and took risks. Playing the multiplayer i found myself nearly throwing my controller at the tv. I was riding on this game being good because they took a few things from Black Ops 2. well I'll let you know what went wrong in the multiplayer specifically. the 1st day I played it, things seemed ok but nothing too drastic. the gameplay actually feels slowing than black ops 2 and honestly it doesnt help much with the appeal. most of the weapons dont feel like they suit the class type they are in. the 3 round burst assault rifle had horrible recoil for being a "mid-long range weapon." it was more life a mid range weapon period. I was Really excited for the marksman rifles but they arent as good as i predicted them to be. if you fire off more than 3 shots off quickly, the recoil makes it impossible to take out your target from that "mid-long range distance." they added dedicated servers in this game which i was really excited about but when you take somebody out they actually have a 0.25 second delay before registering. dedicated servers really dont seem to help the game all that much. I was raging when I know i put shots into somebody and i dont know if i should stop shooting until that delay ends. The maps are terrible mostly. only 2 of them are really nice but the others are just chaos. the map design is completely random and i feel that this game as more random in it then actually skill unless you camp. the levels are just a mess and they have very few lines on sight in comparison to even that of MW3. on the last note, the spawn system in the game is the worst i've ever experienced (or remember). an example of this was me playing free for all. i was just spawning the match and the system spawned me side by side with an enemy at the start of the match. Another time im playing cranked (because i enjoy the fasted paced action) and i spawn feet away from the enemy to get gunned down. in black ops 2 i felt some sort of life security when i respawned because i would never get spawned killed. now i spawn and get shot instantly. some features seem cool but getting customizable gear is very difficult for the average person to get. I was riding on this one being so good but it disappointed me to no end. I bought the season pass for the first time and everything. I'm done with infinity ward. they really screwed this up. Expand
  60. Nov 7, 2013
    Hmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! BecauseHmm, not surprising. The same old game they've been making for the past few years. Let's see what's changed, that's right, almost nothing. It's the same boring, no skill required game full of raging little children. The same horrific campaign that is the only campaign worse than some unmentionable campaigns (Battlefield 3). No story line just :"Shoot the guys!" Oh, wow! Drama! Because shooting every body and their mother who is apparently a Russian or some other stereotypical country gives me joy!?!?!? Now on to the multiplayer, the thing that everybody plays these stupid games for. It's the same old thing that's been getting made. Oh? But new guns you say? Well that doesn't really matter when your practically immortal! I'm pretty sure someone can't run behind a wall and regrow their lost blood cells and probably limbs in a few seconds! The multi-players also full of raging, squeaking little children that make me want to shove screw drivers into my ears! Oh, and lets not for get the maps the size of my living room! Filled with raging little children and people who think they're so cool with their little video game and their incompetent brain to do nothing but press a button, and be a derp. It requires no skill to do and has no immersion what so ever. People running around "Quick-Scoping" and stupid things and such. Finally, for the new Extinction mode. It's like peanut butter with silly string bound around it in a land fill on the moon! Activision thinks they can make a good survival mode? I think not! And neither does the rest of the educated world. In all, this game is worse then the dump I took in the morning, and at least it had some perks. This is a horrible game that's the same thing as all it's other previous titles! Expand
  61. Nov 7, 2013
    Expect the same game. Huge Disappointment will not be buying another one of their $60 DLC's. If you want to play COD just go buy COD 4. Also known as the last Call of Duty.
  62. Nov 7, 2013
    this game is you lag way to much on the game it feels like a mix of bf4 and cod they took out all of them old and good obj game types from multiplayer like S&D and much more so if you are a competitive cod player forget about this game cause it's not even close to the past cod multiplayer it's story was to short as they really try so hard to make it look like an amazing game it's not sothis game is you lag way to much on the game it feels like a mix of bf4 and cod they took out all of them old and good obj game types from multiplayer like S&D and much more so if you are a competitive cod player forget about this game cause it's not even close to the past cod multiplayer it's story was to short as they really try so hard to make it look like an amazing game it's not so save yourself 60bucks and buy another fps Expand
  63. Nov 7, 2013
    COD Ghosts is just more of the same old, rehashed ideas, put into a game. Infinity Ward's attempt to create more "interesting" maps by changing the 3-Lane map system makes for a frustrating user experience, as you'll more often than not be killed from behind by someone hiding in the bushes prone.

Most importantly, the multiplayer gameplay experience is awful. Taking a step back from Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2, the host advantage and lag compensation makes multiplayer nearly unplayable. In fact, it seems that for about half the time, you'll be killed before the enemy player even comes into your field of view around a corner; because on his screen he's already popped his head out, whereas on your screen he's still taking cover.

This problem is apparent when you die, as you'll see a rubberbanding warp effect that pulls you back to where you were half a second to a second ago. While that might not seem like much time, it's an eternity for first person shooter games.
  64. Nov 7, 2013
    10 reasons why multiplayer is broken because:
    1. Maps too big for COD
    2. Lines of sight way too long 3. Maps have too much verticality/ nooks 4. Create a class/soldier is convoluted and desperate 5. Footsteps too loud 6. SMG get beat by AR in close range 7. Unlocking items ridiculously tedious 8. Silencers hardly nerf damage 9. SnD removed 10. Hard Point removed This is
    10 reasons why multiplayer is broken because:
    7. Unlocking items ridiculously tedious
    8. Silencers hardly nerf damage
    9. SnD removed
    10. Hard Point removed

This is absolutely the worst COD ever made. I'm a huge fan since COD and liked every COD until now. I will not purchase another Infinity Ward produced game ever.
  65. Nov 7, 2013
    The game doesn't even evolve with time. It's boring and repetitive! The storyline is like a cheap action movie with tons of special effects! This game sucks.
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    How do you go backwards in a franchise? DOG... Let COD ghosts multiplayer show you. Listen, I don't write reviews, but this is so bad I felt compelled to say something,. DOG... This game is absolute crap, we get a nice breath of fresh air from BLOPS2 and here come ghosts to take a dump on that. DOG... By far the worst cod that has been put out, please from now on let TREYARCH handle theHow do you go backwards in a franchise? DOG... Let COD ghosts multiplayer show you. Listen, I don't write reviews, but this is so bad I felt compelled to say something,. DOG... This game is absolute crap, we get a nice breath of fresh air from BLOPS2 and here come ghosts to take a dump on that. DOG... By far the worst cod that has been put out, please from now on let TREYARCH handle the COD titles. DOG..... when does Black Ops 3 come out? Any one know? sheesh.... oh and in case you didn't know, this whole stupid ass game revolves around a DOG. (PS sorry for the grammatical errors, I'm tired, but, then again why should I care, I put more effort into writing this review then they did into this game) gnite.... Back to BLOPS2 tomorrow. Signed ~GRENUG~ Expand
  67. Nov 8, 2013
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks... and Infinity Ward didn't even try.

You either hate it or love it, there's no in-between with Call of Duty. First of is it a good game? No, but is it a bad game? Yeah, kinda. On it's own it's a decent game but when it's part of a franchise like Call of Duty it just feels lazy. The game is something it shouldn't be; a generic FPS. There are
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks... and Infinity Ward didn't even try.

There are three main components of COD: Ghosts is the story, the multiplayer and it's 'zombies' mode which this time is aliens...

In the single player story you get what'd you'd expect from it an eight hour story play through filled with clichés and Michael Bay moments. The story is set in an alternate timeline that follows the nuclear destruction of the Middle East. The oil-producing nations of South America form the Federation in response to the ensuing global economic crisis and quickly grow into a global superpower, swiftly invading and conquering Central America and the Caribbean. Now, North America has been destroyed and you are part of the Ghosts, the super heroic secret army of the North. That's it really and your mission is to hijack the ODIN to destroy the Federation, just a massive cliché really. Oh and you get a dog.

But people don't play COD for the single player right? They play for the 'amazing' multiplayer! Yet it all seems the same just different maps, guns and sounds... The newest feature is the squad mode which in all honesty isn't bad but not enough to make it the game good. The multiplayer hasn't changed much since MW2, you can change your class add killstreaks, deathstreaks etc etc if you've played any previous Call of Dutys then you know what to expect. The extension mode is zombies but with aliens, yeah that's about it. You defend the base against a wave of enemies and you buy new guns throughout, so yeah zombies but with Aliens. Revolutionary!

COD Ghosts is a let down and that's putting it lightly. As a fan of the original Call of Duty it's sad how far it's fell. If you've played previous Call of Duty's you know what to expect from Ghosts. This game barely deserves the 4 I give it.

Good Points:
    None.

Bad Points:
    Recycled material throughout the game
    Repetitive Gameplay
    Nothing new compared to previous Call of Dutys
  68. Nov 8, 2013
    Not good enough. Single Player was very bland, rushed and in some areas confusing. I noticed a good deal of the motion capture was reused from previous CoD games which most of the time is fine, but to use the ending of MW2 and paste it into Ghosts as it was is downright lazy. Extinction is a poor take on Zombies. I haven't played Multiplayer online as of yet but I don't think I'll beNot good enough. Single Player was very bland, rushed and in some areas confusing. I noticed a good deal of the motion capture was reused from previous CoD games which most of the time is fine, but to use the ending of MW2 and paste it into Ghosts as it was is downright lazy. Extinction is a poor take on Zombies. I haven't played Multiplayer online as of yet but I don't think I'll be venturing onto it soon. Expand
  69. Nov 8, 2013
    The sound is awful, the maps are too large for the few players who play and seem to be predicated on camping out in a hidden spot and waiting for some fool to walk by, the customization of characters and gear load outs is overly complicated. In every way this entry is weaker than CoD Black Ops II and Modern War. Infinity Ward drops the ball again.
  70. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is just a GIANT step back. It doesn't feel like a CoD. It feels like a free2play CoD clone. Graphics look slightly better ,but nothing can be shown of it due to the fact the game is all one color. GREY! The single player is decent, but multilayer is nothing to wright home about. You die way to fast and the maps are to big for this game. Lag, glitches, FPS problems, and HACKERS areThe game is just a GIANT step back. It doesn't feel like a CoD. It feels like a free2play CoD clone. Graphics look slightly better ,but nothing can be shown of it due to the fact the game is all one color. GREY! The single player is decent, but multilayer is nothing to wright home about. You die way to fast and the maps are to big for this game. Lag, glitches, FPS problems, and HACKERS are already a big problem. The PC version is completely broken. Top notch PCs are struggling to stay above 40 FPS. The charter customization is the only thing new to this game but it's been done before. IW needs to step up their game if they wan't to stay as the top FPS in the world. Another CoD like this one and I think it's over for this series. Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    This games sucks in so many ways. Graphics look 5 years old, there is no challenge, there is nothing realistic about how characters move, shoot, fall, nothing. But most of all, gameplay is so brainless! This is the Pacific Rim of video games!
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    Let me say something about this game. first off this is a review so all the COD fanboys and haters Stop arguing over it, just stop. okay now to the review. This game is just like any other cod, NOTHING CHANGES people think it does but it doesn't, i mean look at BO2 they just now added a crawling animation!!! and once again it's a disappointment to a lot of people. The graphics!!!! Aw manLet me say something about this game. first off this is a review so all the COD fanboys and haters Stop arguing over it, just stop. okay now to the review. This game is just like any other cod, NOTHING CHANGES people think it does but it doesn't, i mean look at BO2 they just now added a crawling animation!!! and once again it's a disappointment to a lot of people. The graphics!!!! Aw man what can i say Complete even on my PC with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 Graphics card it still looks terrible, The atmosphere was really nothing special either.The games Campaign is not any better. The multiplayer is Bad too, its all the same, the Sliding animation is THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!! What and the Kinda animation is that, your gun stays still as and you hardly move your gun and you dont even see your feet when you do it, even when you jump over CANT SEE YOUR FEET!!! The Cod Creators don't put any effort in their games, i mean they ****in shoot out a game ever year, but Battlefield 4 Holy is that one good game, they have better running animations, better gun sounds, better graphics I'll tell you that the optical flares are amazing!!! Better animations you can even see your feet when you look down and jump over stuff, people don't like it because they think it's to realistic, no it's not, its just like any other FPS, but my point is COD is just a big disappointment now and i think if they waited a little long on releasing a game like spending 2 or 3 years on the game then maybe just maybe they will get a little more support on their game, but untill then BF4 has them beat. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2013
    Glitches,bugs,breaking the laws of gravity, and well, just plain bad. Only gun enthusiastic idiots enjoy like this.The fish swimming away didn't make this game seem anything different from something 5-10 years ago. Don't buy it!
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    Call of Duty is dead, old engine never upgrade, a lots of DLC, and bad online multiplayer connection for Asia region players, waste money and boring game, COD R.I.P. 2003~2009
  75. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm starting to think that they're called Infinity Ward because they are infinitely terrible at doing good things. Call of Duty has been a huge embarrassment to the entire gaming industry for years now, but this just takes the cake. Please, for everyone's sake, including your own, stop making games.
  76. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't know why they made a game designed for campers and the aggressive players are being shot down by ppl who jus sit and hide in corners and bushes.this call of duty ghosts is a waste of time n money waiting in line for it so be released.black ops 2 is way better than ghosts although i was a believer in the modern warfare franchise. Poor staff you guys had in developing ghosts.failure
  77. Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly.. everyone before me has made very good arguments regarding the flawed multiplayer, singplayer, and extinction modes but everybody failed to mention the lies that go along with players. I remember in old COD (been playing since 1) when you saw someone with a 2.00-3.00 KD they were fricken amazing players and youd want them on your team but NOOOW your KD rises by playing InfectedHonestly.. everyone before me has made very good arguments regarding the flawed multiplayer, singplayer, and extinction modes but everybody failed to mention the lies that go along with players. I remember in old COD (been playing since 1) when you saw someone with a 2.00-3.00 KD they were fricken amazing players and youd want them on your team but NOOOW your KD rises by playing Infected And you get a win for it too The problem with this is
    1. You can go 10-1 every single game (unless youre infected first.. which happens 1/20 games.. if youre unlucky)
    2. You always get a win for playing infected.. There is no way for survivors to win so you always win.. You can start COD Ghosts by playing infected and within 50 games youll have a 6.00+ KD and 100% win/loss ratio.. Not that that is such a big deal considering 30% of all cod accounts u see today are hacked and you dont know who is good or bad anymore..
    SIGH.. I miss COD
  78. Dec 3, 2013
    the multiplayer is the worse ever! the maps are way too big. the lag and hit detection is garbage. the killstreaks suck. everything about this game is crap. there is a guy on youtube search for theassistman who gives a very good review of how bad this game is. do not waste your money on this game you will be sorry and wont play it after a few days. i tried to like it like others but thatsthe multiplayer is the worse ever! the maps are way too big. the lag and hit detection is garbage. the killstreaks suck. everything about this game is crap. there is a guy on youtube search for theassistman who gives a very good review of how bad this game is. do not waste your money on this game you will be sorry and wont play it after a few days. i tried to like it like others but thats just not possible. i wish i could give this game a -10! Expand
  79. Dec 7, 2013
    Just an awful game. The campaign was the usual crap story we have seen time and time again,the multiplayer was linear, small map combat,sights which allow you to use essentially legal wall hacks. They are still using lap compensation and a host, causing issues with the games connectivity and hit mark detections. Although I enjoyed extinction mode, that wasn't enough to earn even 1 point onJust an awful game. The campaign was the usual crap story we have seen time and time again,the multiplayer was linear, small map combat,sights which allow you to use essentially legal wall hacks. They are still using lap compensation and a host, causing issues with the games connectivity and hit mark detections. Although I enjoyed extinction mode, that wasn't enough to earn even 1 point on this list. I have love CoD since the original, and I am sad to see it die, but it doesn't need to continue. The companies need to use the time they have to produce a game more efficiently and give the community what it wants, not rehashed maps,guns and perks. Expand
  80. Dec 7, 2013
    Let me preface this buy saying that I am a huge COD franchise fan. Let me follow that up with, this game has been nothing but a disappointment. Repeatability comes from the multiplayer experience, and it is completely lacking in balance. Extinction and the Campaign are fun but do not save how horrible the online experience has been. The system for grouping people together is completelyLet me preface this buy saying that I am a huge COD franchise fan. Let me follow that up with, this game has been nothing but a disappointment. Repeatability comes from the multiplayer experience, and it is completely lacking in balance. Extinction and the Campaign are fun but do not save how horrible the online experience has been. The system for grouping people together is completely unfair (my rank is 994000 and I got placed against a rank 54 and 130 today, that's 5 orders of magnitude folks). The lag factor (which all COD players know and despise) allows for a person to seemingly not know your there but when you watch the kill cam, low and behold they have really been looking at you before you started shooting. The Guns are unbalanced and it is completely designed to set up a cheap class system as opposed to unlocking as you level. The online experience is really poorly designed and leaves most players wanting and frustrated. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME!! I wish I could get a refund Expand
  81. Dec 7, 2013
    i am a huge fan of call of duty i played all the games of call of duty but unfortunately this one is a huge piece of garbage !!
    its the worst thing that call of duty made really bad i still cant believe that call of duty made this game
    any way stick to your black ops 2 or get battle filed this is my advice to any body who likes call of duty . cause ghost is a piece of garbage
    cause ghost is a piece of garbage and i regret getting it
  82. Dec 16, 2013
    The reviews for this game make me wonder whether popular gaming magazines are bought and paid for. The spawn points are terrible, the maps are overly large and cluttered, promoting camping. It's a less fun version of modern warfare 3, which was a less entertaining version of modern warfare. I regret I bought this game. Thankfully I was drunk so I can blame it on that
  83. Dec 28, 2013
    Ok, ok, we have called InfintyWard out on there faults, oh what's that InfinityWard? There is nothing good about your game? Well that is just to bad, once again Call of Duty has been done the unnecessary wrong that InfintyWard has brought to it since Modern Warfare 3. They thought single player was going to be good by adding a dog, well sorry Call of Duty cannot be sugar coated.Ok, ok, we have called InfintyWard out on there faults, oh what's that InfinityWard? There is nothing good about your game? Well that is just to bad, once again Call of Duty has been done the unnecessary wrong that InfintyWard has brought to it since Modern Warfare 3. They thought single player was going to be good by adding a dog, well sorry Call of Duty cannot be sugar coated. Multiplayer servers are not good and maybe taking advice from the community because what we want matters because we have all played Call of Duty for a bit of time now so listen to us for once. The maps are horrendously large and unfortunately campers paradise.the game, once again since Modern Warfare 2 is dominated by snipers, LMGs, and ARs. Please, were all not stupid take some bits of advice. Expand
  84. Apr 1, 2014
    This game is bad , the campaign is OK the multiplayer is **** and extinction is very fun, not as good as zombies,but still very good. The multiplayer suck mainly due to the maps and how well people blend in and the fact that all guns, except 3 or 4 are terrible no I dont' hate COD I just hate this one
  85. Nov 6, 2013
    Worse in the series. Graphics and textures are dated maybe 8-10 years, mechanics are just not there, the game was WAY overhyped and not even close to a "new" gen game, this one takes a huge step backwards from its predecessors. MP was already hacked first day (see all the vides and screenshots).
    Stay away and wait for the next Treyarch release, if the franchise recovers from this mess.
  86. Nov 7, 2013
    People complain because they think COD has gone stale. It's not stale. It's just bad. The game tries to be innovative and has made progress with larger multi level maps. But it all comes down to gameplay, and whoever has the upperhand because of connection wins. Skill plays little to no role in most online games I've experienced.

I refused to buy another COD game after MW3 without

I refused to buy another COD game after MW3 without renting it first. This is MW3 all over again. If you hated MW3 because of their network code, this is exactly the same if not worse. One shot kills, bad hit registry, players being 5 steps ahead of you, etc. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you might be one of the lucky ones and enjoy this game. If you know all to well these experiences with COD, spend your money on something else.
  87. Nov 6, 2013
    Bargbage! This franchise is dead. Reviewers were paid or something. This game sucks. Get BF4 or save your money and wait for Titanfall. I should have just kept my $70 and asked my girl to kick me in the nuts. Same feeling but at least I would still have my
  88. Dec 13, 2013
    Another bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fireAnother bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fire them as fast as an assault rifle, it takes 5-6 bullets to kill someone, despite the higher caliber round inside a pistol. Might as well not carry the damn things if you are handicapped for using a pistol. Players still have that crackhead level of speed, meaning that due to the horrendous latency, you'll get killed by someone storming a staircase before you can fire a round off. The hitboxes are also garbage: you'll hit someone 6 times with an assault rifle dead on and they'll still turn around and drop you in 2 rifle shots to the chest. The spawn system is absolute garbage, literally throwing you to the wolves as cannon fodder to the opposing team. Other times, an area you just checked and cleared will suddenly have an opponent warp in and kill you from behind. Killstreaks are pretty bland, and the devs managed to mess up iron sights of all things. The graphics are nice level wise, but the character models sometimes look like they were modeled on a gamecube. The single player is low quality drek and should be avoided. In fact, avoid this game all together. Rent it if you must but save yourself some agony and stress--don't buy this piece of crap. Expand
  89. Nov 6, 2013
    I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually...I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually... when I think about it is exactly the same as MW1 and even CoD1, just with a slightly different story and setting. OMG they've been selling me the same game for the past 10 years!!!! WTF?! i'm a complete sheep and dumb ass!!! What was I thinking? Expand
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 Dogs and Fishes mod This. Congratulations, Infinity Ward. You successfully released another craptacular game, fooled kids, subordinated the gaming media, and made yourself even richer. Well done!
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    I feel like I played this back in 2007. Oh wait. I did.

Nothing in this franchise has really changed in the past 6 years. Guns feels the same. Maps feel the same. The community online (yuck) feels the same. Campaign is clearly worse.

Not sure why I keep buying these games, but it won't happen again next year.
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't say anything good about this game. It's the same thing as usual. There's nothing new. Same graphics, same gameplay, same engine, same everything.
  93. Nov 5, 2013
    The same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. HearingThe same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. Hearing gunshots, explosions and just hearing things like metal clanking is all but a annoyance. The multiplier is the same old, People think the MP is new and improved when really it is just an attempt to cover up an old style that worked in the past, but now they have the new game modes that are a "new" innovation to the MP when really people just prefer the old classics such as SnD, that's right they took out SnD and replaced it with Dog-tags. When you die you leave a Dog-tag on the spot you died, if a teammate picks it up you respawn, if an enemy pick it up you will repsawn next round. If you hated the Black Ops purchasing system, well then, Welcome to you worst nightmare. You purchase everything with Squad Points (SP) When you have enough SP to purchase a Create-a-Class you have to go grind away again to get the things you want. So now people can buy their superman class without using skill to get it. Multiplier still has the bad and unpredictable respawn issues, Rubber Banding which means there is still P2P and no Dedicated Servers. Seems to me that SMG's have been nerfed down to do the same power as a $2 water gun while Snipers are like the Tsar bomb hitting you in the face. People like to see bad reviews and assume these people just hate CoD. Some of that is true but in this CoD you really start to see the final downfall and see that the series has been well long over due. They think they are still the kings when in reality, their just sinking into the big black hole they created years ago. If you like CoD then you will buy it but let me warn you buy saying if your not a major CoD fanboy then you will be disappointed. Expand
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't!Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't! I give it a generous 2! CANT WAIT FOR BLACK OPS 3! Expand
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is another run of the mill Call of Duty joke. The campaign is just extraordinarily stupid, I laughed from how over-the-top the campaign was at certain points. Call of Duty used to be a game about innovation and a plethora of new features and now Call of Duty is just make one and throw it out the door to see how much of a profit they can make. It astonishes me on how this game isThis game is another run of the mill Call of Duty joke. The campaign is just extraordinarily stupid, I laughed from how over-the-top the campaign was at certain points. Call of Duty used to be a game about innovation and a plethora of new features and now Call of Duty is just make one and throw it out the door to see how much of a profit they can make. It astonishes me on how this game is a step down from its predecessor. A major selling point of this game was the "New"(and I say new in quotes because battlefield has been doing it for years) dynamic environments. I played multiplayer for 12 hours and I have barely noticed anything being destroyed or changing, even then it doesn't make a major change to the gameplay as it was supposed to. Another problem is that the textures are uglier than Black Ops 2, I would understand if the destruction actually was detailed and cool that the system probably couldn't handle the textures but it is not so why can we not handle detailed textures, IT'S 2013 PEOPLE, WE DON'T HAVE CRAP MACHINES ANYMORE! The changes that were made to the multiplayer mode shock me on how they make the game WORSE than Black Ops 2. They took out the pick ten feature from BO2 and added in a new system that makes the game totally unbalanced. Another thing that will anger any longtime CoD player is that they removed the game type Search and Destroy, one of the best modes!
    The Extinction mode is a joke that has almost no redeeming factors. The aliens you fend off from are so easy it takes a great deal of hits to kill you. This mode is just a joke that was probably added at the end just to have something to make DLC for.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FINAL SCORE: 0/10
    FINAL NOTES: This game has NO redeeming factors. If you are looking for a fun shooter experience I would reccomend buying Battlefield 4

-kikr48
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    When you try and show me off a fancy new engine for your game and recycle the animations from a previous one you don't deserve a score any higher than 0/10.
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    First time im review a game. Iv only played MultyPlayer yet, thats why i bought it in first place. Let me tell you the first thing, avoid buying this game !
    Im a player since the first ages, playing COD feels like returning to the first Wolfenstein with better graphics. Soldiers seem to be fluctuating, they dont seem realistic not even close and the gameplay suffers with that.
    Iv seen
    Iv seen alot of games, played a few, if you want to use multiplayer in the PC version, avoid buying. I dont know if BF4 is better, i played the Beta and it felt the same.
    COD Ghost is a Beta game that will be forever beta im sure, even correcting some things i dont think they will be correcting the big picture of the problem.
    Another thing, i felt nausea's playing COD Ghosts, its because of the FOV being to low, its ridiculous never had this problem with a game.
    I would love to have my money back
  98. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is the same as the other games! Exactly! Moving fish??? WHO GIVES A CRAP! Get this game when it's $20 or less... MW2 or COD4 are still the best games in the series. I can't believe they recycle everything in every game, and people still buy it! I rented it on Redbox, and played half the story and multiplayer for about 3 hours, so dumb!
  99. Nov 6, 2013
    game sucks. campaign sucks. multiplayer sucks.. story sucks. this all maps only have 2 teams fighting against each other and its always the same "Ghosts vs Fed" thing, at least make more like "Ghosts vs Something****ty" stuff, the only thing i enjoyed so far is just extinction. Overall this game is just one complete piece of ****

I'm going back to of Doody Modirn Gay****stupid. At

I'm going back to of Doody Modirn Gay****stupid. At least I don't have to bother with the ****ty things anymore. you In****iny Ward, I believed that you'd make a better game than BO ****ing 2. THE NEW OF DOODYs!!!!
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    What a joke of a game. Still the same game every year. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated thisWhat a joke of a game. Still the same game every year. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. IGN is full of shi^ when they rated this better than bf4. Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.