3.3

1. Nov 28, 2011
    I'm going to break this up into sections: Single Player and Multiplayer. Single Player: It's very good--short, but sweet as we've come to expect from COD campaigns. One change that I noticed in this one is that even on Veteran difficulty, your teammates actually shoot people--in the past, it seemed like this wasn't happening at all. The story is very strong and closes out Modern Warfare nicely. The campaign is by far the best part of the game. Multiplayer: So, here's where it gets ugly. You'll also notice that I place general complaints about the game in this section, but that's because I wanted to be fair to the other sections and not bog them down with critiques that I can easily place in the already horrible multiplayer section. Ok, so to summarize it's MW2 with different perks, kill streaks (packages), etc. There is some good here though--they've balanced out certain things and made the overall experience better. Problem is that this should have been done before MW2 was released--they let a game go two years with the most ridiculous imbalanced **** I have ever seen, and then they charge me $60 for the same game, but with the bull**** removed? This game is what MW2 should have been--plain and simple. The graphics aren't bad or anything, but they do feel dated now, as the engine is now 4 years old without any major improvements. Again, nothing horrible, but for this game I expected much more for my $60 considering the gameplay is a carbon copy of the previous entry in the MW series. Gameplay is again the same as before, however, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the quality of online play has seemed to decrease in every MW entry. Hit detection is at an all time low in terms of quality, and you'll find yourself many of times shooting ghosts that just won't die, but kill you in a single bullet. Then you watch the kill-cam only to find out that you weren't even shooting, or no one was there and the person that killed you with one bullet actually layed a half a clip into you. I'm not saying this hasn't happened in past games, but it just seems to be more frequent in this game--much more frequent.

The maps are an absolute disaster--this causes other issues as well (I'll get to that in a bit). The maps feel like a giant circle filled with objects--after the initial spawn, there is no sense of helping my team push forward, there are just people everywhere and massive amounts of spawn killing. This is partly due to the map design having no sides--it's constant shooting in the back and side. Not that this shouldn't happen from flanking, but the spawning coupled with map design causes it to happen far too frequently. The maps overall feel like a cluster **** There are a couple of gems in there like Bakaara, but a large percentage of maps are garbage.

ELITE was a great idea, but most of those statistics were available in Black Ops, so pitching it with the DLC as a pay service is a little offensive--it doesn't help that for the first couple of weeks that the service wasn't available. You didn't know how many people were going to log in? Really? Because you seem to make announcements about breaking pre-order records and such, so it's pretty obvious you have some idea of the number of players you'll have.

Matchmaking hasn't been a problem for me, so no real complaints there, but I do have a small beef with them including the modes Gun Game and One in the Chamber, but only making them available for a private match--I mean, what the **** good is that? Yeah, I have 8 friends available all of the time to play COD, so I can enjoy these two incredibly good game modes....nope I don't, and what a shame that I can't enjoy these modes online with other player not on my friends list.

Finally, I'll close out with the biggest issue with COD--not just MW3, but with the series in general: the community. The COD community are vile, ignorant, hateful excuses for human beings. There, of course, are normal players out there, but I've never seen such attention starved losers in my entire life. My favorites are the people who just make random annoying noises in the mic for the entire game. I truly hate interacting with most of these people--U MAD BRO?? lowlslzzz Seriously, the lack of sportsmanship is disgraceful--I remember playing MW1 and people saying "good game" to the other team. Nothing like that here--a bunch of raging, cheating, losers that enjoy attempting to make other people miserable, it really is pathetic.

In closing, if you have been a Modern Warfare fan from the start, at least pick it up for the campaign. For new players, tred lightly as the series is at an all time low, in my opinion.

If this game wasn't the sequel to the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time, I would give it a 5-6, but since it is I give it a 0 to display my disatification with the way Activision has handled this once glorious IP.
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    Ill cut this short. I bought, I played, I returned.
    This game is an utter rubbish and fails to deliver any sought of hype. MW2 supposedly the biggest selling entertainment in the world has spent all their profit on stupid advertisement. There is nothing new and TWO COMPANIES DEVELOPED IT! Maybe if this was a $30-40 expansion for mw2, i wouldnt mind but come on, u must be joking
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    The latest installment of the "Call of Duty " (also dubbed "flock of the gullible") franchise is in perfect alignment with the current level of incompetence found anywhere else you look in the world today. It is well represented by the same old knock-off rehashed/recycled piece of **** graphics, and game engine, with a side of packed to capacity full of belligerent 15 yr old FPS enthusiasts. The came looks, plays, exactly as - and even in some ways takes a step backwards from its predecessors. Activision (also the creators and copyright owners of fellow addict-funded franchise World of Warcraft) clearly continue to deploy circumvent marketing practices to lure young new potential customers into their crosshairs, once bright individuals turned rabid fan-boy. This game is just proving ground for the direction that these greedy corporations are trying to take. It's an abomination to all of us, clearly contributing to the dumbing-down of our society, already deeply troubled. tl;dr You're not missing much if you have ever touched a CoD game in your life before, it's a worthless pile of market abuse -- you're still playing Cod 4 + updated killstreaks and a lousy map download. let the butt hurt tears flow Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    Re reviewing Due to sometghing fishy, in one hour (from about 2:30pm - 3:30pm) over 500 positive reviews were made for this game, some under the 150 character minimum..........This stinks, almost as bad as MW2.5
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    The campaign was short. Its story was so generic that even a retarded child can make it. The graphics is worse than CoD4. The sounds are just recycled junk from old CoD all guns sounds like a toy gun. Its streak system become from worst to worstser(i know there's no such word). To make it simple. This game is a joke. Its a CoD4 DLC.. And Cod4 is much better. Save your money and buy other games.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    This leech of company is lucky for the legions of children who beg there parents to buy these games for them. Gamers deserve better then a rewashed game year after year, while they sit amused as bank account balloons. They are afraid to change, afriad to loose money, afraid to loose respect. Hmm check that last one because there is no respect left. I call for a boycott! PEOPLE CONTROL THE SWAY THE INDUSTRY, WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT LET ACTIVISION RUIN IT WITH GREED! Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    I've never been so disappointed over a game in my life. I expected a lot from this best-selling shooter and I was regretting the purchase after fifteen minutes of online gaming. I thought Modern Warfare 2 was a step down from Call of Duty 4, but not as bad as Modern Warfare 3.
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    Absolute garbage. The same bs rehashed and repackaged with new cover and marketed to 11 year old boys across the world. Why would anyone want to play a game where the primary demographic while online is squeaky voiced 11 year olds calling you a f@g?

I'd rather not play games with roomfulls of children tyvm.
  9. Nov 28, 2011
    Very very disappointed. I expected Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games to innovate on what was once one of the greatest franchises of all time. Instead they decided to churn out the same junk from last year and the year before. I'm just in shock they would let this franchise die such a horrible death. The weapon sound effects are the same, rank up sounds same, kill streak menus the same and the main menu is also exactly the same as Modern Warfare 2. Graphics have barley had a tune up. Thing don't look better just more glossy. As if everything in the world of Call of Duty is colored with Candy paint. The Campaign was a let down as well, I expected an epic climax to the story instead i got lead down a straight path to at the end, push keys it told me to, and with such dated graphics it just looks so cheesy. Theres no variety to multiplayer either. Basically its every man for himself. Everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off. In my opinion this game also takes no skill to play. The weapons significantly lack recoil making it very, very easy to aim and by aim i mean spray rounds everywhere because you wont be bumped off target. Not worth 60 dollars, hell not worth 20 dollars. I'm no fanboy, just a very disappointed gamer. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    What a bunch of monkey spunk.............. A complete and utter let down, the game has made no games it physics, AI, game play, weoponry, maps anything. My god of all sequels this has got to be up there with the ones that blows the most. I loved.....and i do say loved the COD MW series, and now they have completely turned me off as they produced this crap that did nothing for the genre of games in general.

Infinity ward just another money grabbing bunch of stokers, hmmmm they have become another EA sports.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Just the same as MW1 and MW2, just another city. Same multiplayer, spawn campers, boosters, yelling in the mic, crying, jack holes. Once sledgehammer can produce a "GOOD" game things might change. Untill then just another activision rewash.
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Modern warfare 3 is absolutely horrible, it managed to push the limits of my imagination BACKWARDS. The elite system is a horrible idea, max level'd players are capable of ruining games for players just starting.. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, save it for something worth your time like skyrim
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    I played Modern Warfare 2. This means I played Modern Warfare 3 and am fully capable of reviewing this game. MW3 is a 70 dollar direct carbon copy of MW2 with a map pack and a new god awful campaign. I would not take this game for free. It insults my intelligence and its fans do as well. The only reason to ever even watch a video of this game (never a reason to even rent) is to laugh at its idiotic 10 year old community during Christmas when the 10 year olds buy it. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    Nothing new!

That right there is probably the biggest problem for MW 3 there is NOTHING new about it. It has the same graphics, it uses the same engine, it has the same guns, most of the same perks and killstreaks. The only thing new are the maps. The maps are horrible. They are unbalanced and in general not very well made. We should have seen this coming though. Some people might
    remember that almost everyone at Infinity Ward up and quit after Activision didn't pay them their bonuses they they rightly earned by having one of the best selling FPS's of all time. The new teams that they brought in were Sledgehammer and Raven, neither of them had made an extremely successful FPS before and for being completely new developers to the franchise they did nothing new. They took MW 2 added some new maps a few new killstreaks and called it MW 3. This was just Activision's way to milk more money out of the COD franchise, IW had almost no part in this, the love that they put into MW 2 that made it fun is completely gone, MW 3 was stale before it even came out of the box. Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2011
    lol wtf is with all the critics giving it a 100? Seriously r they trolling or are they sucking activisions ass through a straw?
    Been playing the game for couple hours now and it feels just like mw2.I think this may be the last cod game i buy :(
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    Never played a game that has gotten to its third release and felt so much of the same. In a war between this and battlefield 3 i think a clear victor is apparent.
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    I wen't against what everyone said that its going to be the same game as the last, but it really feels like an expensive map pack. I't is a refresher compared to the cluster called black ops.
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    I love playing multiplayer in a game where you spawn right on top of a bouncing betty, or better yet spawning right in front of someone and getting shot in the back, or how about shooting someone in the back and then they have time to turn around and shoot you once and your dead, here's a favorite, planting a claymore, it clicks in front of someone and never explodes! But my f#cking favorite thing about this game is how it lags in the menus and I have to go back to my dashboard, sign out, and reconfigure my network just to play this game! Did they actually beta test this game or just rush it for the holiday season?! Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Story didn't make sense
    Game play felt overused and dated
    Engine is again out of date
    No new on-line mechanics
    Where are the advances in technology as shown in Battlefield such as new lighting effects techniques!

The main changes are the new perks and new guns thats all.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehicle's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain experience. The visuals are still comparable to my PlayStation 2, voice acting and sound of weaponry lack any realness in the game. There really is nothing new that this Game does that makes it worth the plastic it uses. Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty... Such a great series of games which brought whole new level to FPS type of games. Thanks to CoD the shooters look like they look. So where is the problem??

The problem is the technology. Activision didn't invest any money since CoD 2 to develop new engine (Yes Since CoD 2 its the same engine slightly modified), they managed to improve it up to CoD 4 but then they reached
    limit of it. Did they bother to develop new one? No. Since that time nothing changed. Same animations of characters, weapons and look of maps. They are trying to blind us through doing stuff like replacing zombies with 2 player co-op, new game mode and few new weapons model, but that's all. If you are going to get that game prepare for disappointment. Activision managed to sink all the way to the bottom of the sea one of the best FPS series in history of video games - Well done! From the king to the street beggar. I think it's time for CoD to retire for couple of years and come up with something new. Single player - stopping WW3 sounds great, you have the same characters (that didn't die) from previous version of MW. Map design is simple - get from point A to point B. Don't worry you won't get lost on the way. Guess why... CoD1 offered several different paths to reach objective and that's what should be restored! I don't care about fancy explosions!

Multiplayer - its just map pack for MW2.

Conclusion? Get different game because this one is worth only half of it's current price...
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a rehash and its pretty much solidifying the fact that gaming is dying. Every year expect more and more of these things to come out, receive inflated scores by paid off reviewers, and for them to break all sorts of retail records. COD is the new Madden of our time, only difference is it changes even less between installments.
  23. Nov 12, 2011
    i have had all the cods and this one is buy far the worst. i will never buy a game made buy sledge hammer games again thay have messed cod up im going back to black ops as it is a far better game. if you are thinking on geting mw3 dont bother im tradeing my 1 in on monday the only cod i havent kept
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    If you like to camp, pitch a tent in this game and get a KDR of 15.0 -> pure skill. Game isnt for me, literally if you want to do well all you need to do is hide in a corner. Black ops had it right with run and gun being viable eliminating campers. This game takes it back 5 steps. Not to mention they basically run the same code as the previous games barely changing a thing but the order you get the weapons in!

Game isn't for me, I'll stick with black ops
  25. Nov 18, 2011
    This is the exact same game as the other 3 Call of duty games that have come out in the past 3 years. Only with a more mediocre story campaign, and a few 'new' features added in the spec ops mode that are obviously just Activision attempting to cash in on the cash cow that was Nazi Zombies in the previous iterations. You'd be better off buying Black ops if you want a call of duty experience. For one it's cheaper, two, it has Zombies mode which actual GOOD co-op in action, and it's single player campaign is by far better. I know that whatever I wright here won't really matter because of the hordes of people in the world who will buy the EXACT same game over and over again, and to be honest, I don't know why they waste the money. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game as previous. Activision once again cheats with players and this 4 year-old engine with 0 physics. Nothing new. The MP part is the same as MW2. Only fanboys will like.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Sorry, but it's already become more than evident that this game is literally a repainted Modern Warfare 2, now with a subscription fee. Players are finding the exact same buildings and locations copy and pasted from the last game and it's ridiculous. Gamers are not going to tolerate this garbage, and if companies want to still be around next generation they better start putting effort into their games again. Don't like getting bad fan reviews? Then stop repackaging the same game and expecting us to pay $60 for it, you scammers. Expand
  28. Apr 16, 2012
    I seriously don't get all the good critic reviews, I'm not a fanboy for any other FPS franchise (such as Half-Life or Battlefield), but this game is BAD. Infinity Ward was seemingly too lazy to make a new engine, which now the current engine looks like a PS1 cutscene. The Campaign is predictable and generic, with no emotion whatsoever when it's supposed to be "sad". The Multiplayer is okay but gets boring and they removed what was my favorite feature of Black Ops, COD Bucks, and instead they keep the same formula, adding very little to what used to be the only redeeming feature about MW2 and so on. I swear to god, if they make another Modern Warfare game I'll see no hope for the future of the FPS. Expand
  29. Nov 16, 2011
    I live in Romania and i have issues playing this game online. I've spent 60 euros on it (that's huge in a country where the average wages are like 150-200 euros per month) and i cannot play a single game online because Activision decided that they should lock the multiplayer matchmaking so that players can connect to other players from their own country to solve the lag issues. However, that's caused more problems for people than ever before, since in smaller countries or fewer populated regions you cannot find other players to play with. We've done everything we can but Activision just ignored us in that matter. I've spent 60 euros for nothing. Collapse
  30. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty's next screwed up. The series sank in **** and noobs player. Multiplayer is disgusting. Graphics got sucked. I think i rather play Battlefield 3 getting **** in my toilet than play that with my girlfriend doing blowjob.
  31. Mar 9, 2012
    First of all lets get it straight that when I rate games I rate them OUT OF 10 so 5 is average 7 is good , 3 is below average etc. As a call of duty fan since the first modern warfare game is the best IMO, I had enjoyed the multiplayer of the past few titles even if they were a little imbalanced as they were immersing, fast paced games which I always had fun playing even in MW2, as it always included me in the game even when I was getting my ass kicked I could always still pull off a cool kill or save my team's ass by taking down a heli. This game was a huge let down compared. The first reason I say this is because, even though the guns have never really had any "weight" behind them, I still felt I was shooting a gun and thought this was specifically well done in WAW however in MW3 especially with some of the guns it just feels as though you are clicking a button to kill someone completely killing the immersion and enjoyment out of a kill.

Also every single year the cod franchise tries to add new things to spice up the same formula much like pop music instead of tinkering with the core gameplay itself being afraid they'll mess it up. This time they added gun proficiencies and altered the perks and a few other minor things. Now its almost like there are too many variables for the developers to be able to alter so leads the game to be unbalanced as there are so many combinations. This makes for a frustrating multiplayer for serious players and casuals alike. Third of all the games are quicker online, you die more quickly kills are racked up faster. Im fine with that concept but not how it has been introduced. Firstly when Im playing I feel way more sluggish, Im guessing this is to compensate for millitary realism but in all honesty you don't play cod to feel like a guy in afghanistahn you play because you want to feel like a bad ass soldier out of an action movie shooting guys in the face. I feel so slow and so much less smooth compared to mw2 its like im being left out of the game and I feel that Im just a bystander to the game itself.

The maps are awful generic pieces of crap in all honesty. They have become smaller and smaller throughout the call of dutys due to design laziness and to create combat realistic situations which once again we don't care about if the game isn't fair or fun. There is no safe way to get from one of a map to the other even though they are so small as they are ridiculously open leading to camping being the tactic low level players use as they find it impossible to beat higher level players.

The gameplay and the shooting itself hasn't changed, quickscoping which I enjoyed and thought did take some skill (IMO) has been altered however Im on the fence of whether this is a bad thing or a good thing as snipers were OP in MW2.

The campaign is a hollow corridor shooter which puts you in the same situation in every mission with a different cinematic and new textures. The only way you can use the environment is explosive barrels and you are breadcrumb lead through the missions by your commanding officer whoever that may be. Overall this game is a big lousy corporate sell out which should of been much more innovative and brave in its design. Greed has gotten the better of the franchise to a point where it provokes no feeling when playing the game, its literally like standing in my house doing nothing to me.

2/10 - a ruined franchise for no good reason.
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    This game was slapped together. The guns sound the same and nothing new is added. Quickscoping is now easier than using an SMG. Call of Duty has been completely casualized and Modern Warfare needs to hang it up.
  33. Nov 8, 2011
    How can console gamers put up with this ****
    2 hour campaign, Same engine as the last 4 COD games, Will probably be another $200 worth of DLC, Gets a point for boosting my ATVI stocks.
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the same game! Nothing new? Really? COD needs to retire they've beaten the dead horse! Still small maps. Nothing exciting about this game anymore and the Killstreaks are even more ridiculous than before!
    Graphics look the same!! COME ON!
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    3 hour campaing = insult
    engine = outdated
    multiplayer = copy-pasta of MW2 Map's = poorly designed Overall this Expansion Pack is not worth 70.00, I would wait until its on sale for 9.99
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    What you're really buying for $60 is the promise of DLC and more formulaic games in the future. The skill cap on this game is nil, and running from point A to point B to complete some non sequential objective while utilizing the auto-aim to shoot down generic soldier isn't all too exciting either. Skip this and pick up something more interesting, you might find something like Red Orchestra a bit more interesting! Expand
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Obviously, reviewers have been bribed, why? Because NO company in their right mind ASKS PEOPLE to make positive reviews on a website. BEGS people to make positive reviews on a website. Infinity Ward, this one is for you. Either way, I played this game and am so incredibly disappointed. I am a battlefield fan, yes this is true, but I loved Modern Warfare 2, before all went to hell. The multiplayer in MW3 is untouched, the Single player is just a continuation rehash, and while I give credit for the SpecOps mode returning, it seems like they just took the same materials and re arranged them and said "hey look! something new!" Honestly, if this is your first COD, just get COD4 (MW1), the game is a masterpiece among shooters. Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    Look at all of the reviews of the critics who gave this game a positive score. Many of them gave EVERY game 100/100. Bought! This game is terrible, read other reviews for details. Don't listen to the critics, they've been paid for.
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    I waited outside in freezing cold huddled around a trashcan fire like some hobo for 7 hours waiting in line for this game. All of a sudden a man dressed as batman came out of nowhere and threw a bucket of water on our fire before skipping away. Even after that trauma i pursued on for CALL OF DUTY cause i wanted to answer the call but I got home with the game and I thought it was modern warfare 2 cause it was pretty much the same thing. capmaign sucks and NO ZOMBIE MODE WTF? Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    I have been a die-hard CoD fan for years, but I have been growing tired of the series of late. So here it is! I gave this game the low score for many reasons. If Activision expects me to fork over $60 on practically the same game they have been releasing for the last 4 years with nothing more than a new story and minimal tweaks to the multiplayer, than they have seen my last dollar. They haven't done a single thing to innovate the franchise in years. This franchise has become nothing more than a shameless yearly cash-grab on the behalf of the developers. I won't even get into the CoD elite service which offers nothing gamers haven't seen with games like Halo and Battlefield. At least those two examples don't charge you. The fact that the DLC for this series has become known for overpriced and underwhelming extras has added to my disenfranchisement with the whole series. Plus the fact that game like Deus Ex has released DLC that is longer than the campaign of MW3 is laughable. Activision needs to put this series to bed for a while until they can come up with something substantial to offer the gaming community. Expand
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Score for re-selling Call of Duty 4 over and over again. Call of Duty will end up like Tony Hawk, Vigilante 8 or Guitar Hero series. Good work Activision!!! When games are made only just to earn as much money as possible they lose their charm.
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    More or less the same game again. Awful Field of view, bad graphics, textures. Incredibly short and linear single player campaign with no co-op option. Again no team work. Overrated game, to give a game such as this a perfect score of 100%, well let's just say you've not really played very many computer games at all.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    The mentality that went into creating this game was very flawed. This could easily have been a large patch/map pack release for Modern Warfare 2. There is no innovation in this series any longer. Clearly this is a large and easy way of creating money for Activision. They really don't care about the quality of the game, but rather the quantity of releases. Already they have set a standard for over priced DLC and little effort in yearly releases, which is hurting the gaming industry at large. The game might be fun when you initially play it, but you soon realize it is almost a direct copy and paste of the previous MW games (literally, they've taken the same textures, sounds, EVEN whole buildings from CoD4 and MW2.

At least MW1 to MW2 had a respectable amount of content added. This game is definitely not worth $60 and should have instead been released as $30. Unfortunately Activision has no plans of ever doing that considering people are eating these games yearly. What that little kid at Gamestop and his mother don't understand is the industry, specifically the consumers, are being negatively impacted by this (for the lack of better words) BS of yearly "$60 map packs."

Also, why is this game still using a peer-to-peer form of multiplayer? Instead of hiring Kayne West to CoD XP, they could have easily added dedicated servers and probably saved a million dollars. Thanks, but no thanks, Sledgehammer/Infinity Ward and Activision.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Same respawn crap only one no respawn mode and short rounds. No co op story either. Mw1 looked better IMO. I am done buying map packs for this game. Just keep playing black ops save yourself $60.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    This game came out in 2007 ... why is it just being reviewed now? I'm surprised it took them 4 years to release a patch that includes: more balanced MP, a big map pack, and faster frame rates. Spec ops is great. The rest is a regurgitation.
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Innovation Multiplayer = 0 .. Innovation Campaing = 0..

BO, MW3, The same cr4p, really. u need a new team for work in this game.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    game is just **** It is a copy of the other 10,000 COD titles. It is the most poopy game in existence. If you bought this game you are a retard. What has changed on this cod? Why would you buy cod when battlefield is a million times better?
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    I can't believe they have the guts to sell this for $60. The single-player is about 3 hours long and the multiplayer is virtually the same as the last. This is what should be considered DLC.
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    Another year, another Call of Duty game. This game is so uninspired and so predictable. So you are probably thinking that a 0 is a bit harsh, no it's not. I am giving the same score that is comparable to the amount of new features in this game, ie STUFF ALL. If you have played any of the Call of Duty games before, then no need to get this, its just a glorified expansion pack. The story is so cliched and so badly told it is laughable. The multi-player maps are just terrible. They are all so similar and lack any sort of innovation. With other games you usually have a few favourite maps, not so here. They are just so boring to play. Do not support this game, it is the only way developers will learn that simply rehashing games and offering them up as a brand new game is not acceptable. Expand
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    I've never looked forward to a game more and been disappointed by a game so much. This game is a copy and paste job from hell. MW1 and MW2 were both exponentially better games than this. There are a few cool new features that are keeping me playing it now but I will be going back to Black Ops soon. I hope Treyarch makes the next CoD. IW and Sledgehammer dropped the ball bigtime on this one. Horrible maps, sounds, footsteps, lobby wait times, everything! What happened to the playercards? How could this genius part of the game be dropped? I will NOT ever buy a COD game from IW. Expand
  51. Nov 12, 2011
    Worthless game. Honestly just a repackaged Modern Warfare 2 with a few different guns. What a waste of $60. Battlefield 3 might struggle on the campaign, but the multiplayer is so much more innovative and fair. The spawns aren't awful like this game either.
  52. Nov 13, 2011
    This game does not cater to players who wish to use the riot shield. Among the many flaws of this game, the fact that bullets actually pierce the riot shield in downright unfair, and really demonstrates the developers lack of attention in balancing the weapons in the game. The arc of the riot shield is also very limited in size at approximately 35 degrees. It is fairly obvious that a 360 degree riot shield would offer much more protection in the fray of the battlefield. I was looking forward to going to war with a riot shield, but now I am disheartened by the disadvantage they have. I am really disappointed in Infinity Ward's apathy towards the quality of this game, and equally disappointed in Activision's decision to publish such a poorly balanced game. So for those of you who are considering buying this game for the fun in riot shielding, I do not recommend it. Expand
  53. Nov 17, 2011
    This game has bad graphics compaired to other games first of all, second is the voice actors are horrible, third is the story is crap, the game looks dated, the only play is very laggy and sluggish for no reason, and it also freezes sometimes. Total waste of money.
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    Lets be honest you've had this game for around 4 years now. Do no waste you money on this especially when games like uncharted, skyrim, assassins creed, battlefield etc offer much more for your money. Dont give me the rubbish that the graphics have improved they have not. The multiplayer gameplay is exactly the same as the first MW but with more overpowered killstreaks that encourage camping gameplay. theres no doubting Call of Duty 4 was brilliant but to then release it again 4 years running is extremely poor. I'd rather they re released CoD 3 with HD graphics and played that Multiplayer because that was fun and addictive whereas CoD MW3's gameplay is boring, stale and irritating Expand
  55. Feb 20, 2012
    An Honest Review from a Typical Gamer:
    I have played COD since the VERY FIRST game. MW3, visually, is the game. But now multi player is getting all too familiar, and its losing the fun factor it had in the previous games. Infinity Ward once again chooses to help "noobs" by extremely strong kill streaks. Black Ops and COD 4 were one of the few games that made the player use their guns. MW3
    lets the killstreaks do all the work, no effort needed. Needless to say, it is not even interesting anymore. Kill Confirmed, many people just play to kill and dont collect the dog tags, once again forgetting about teamwork.

I HAVE GIVEN 2 points out of 10, just for survival. Although it is NOWHERE as close as zombies, its different and interesting. Story, I was excited, but it just didnt work out as planned. I still dont understand the story.
  56. Oct 10, 2012
    This has got to be one of the most overrated games by critics ever. I used to be a COD fanboy so please listen to what I have to say. Lets start with some positives, the campaign as always is cinematic and decent and once again short. Specs Ops has new missions along with survival mode with waves of enemies. That's pretty much all the good I have to say about MW3, now with the negatives. While the multiplayer is fun sometimes, you can tell just by looking at gameplay that the designers were incredibly lazy and thinking were all just a bunch of idiots. Nothing at all is entirely new or original, there were just a few tweaks hear and there. Sound quality is horrible, and graphics again are the same. This is the only Call of Duty game I ever returned to the store after a few months of play. Save your money and never include this in your library. Expand
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    I can not put into words how repeatative and boring this series has gotten! Everything is being re used, same formula same everything. Now someone might say to me if it aint broke dont fixer it. well let me tell u this is the 5th game of the same shi* nothing has changed nothing i think i saw the same building model from cod4 so save your money! this is the same as the rest of the games that came before it if u wanna play this play black ops or mw2. I dont know how legit reviews can give a game like this 9.5 or even an 8.5 this a an fing 5. Expand
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    Consoles are to blame for this fps game's limitations and other fps too. This game was just affected more than any other, that's all. I was really looking forward to this title but the hype was all for nothing.
  59. Nov 9, 2011
    This game sucks it is a recycled update from Call of Duty Modern **** 2, no innovation, jus Copy and Paste everything, there are even videos on You tube that prove how lazy ass infinnity ward has recycled buildings from COD 4 into this game.
    If you like to play the same **** over and over and forever again, this is the game for you
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    Repacking the same game for the third time in a row. The SP is anemic, MP identical and the DLC gouging of customers remains the same. MW3 should have been sold as 15$ expansion to MW2. There is simply no excuse for the consistent lack of creativity and shady business practices revolving around this series.
  61. Dec 28, 2011
    I initially gave this game a good rating and got upset with all the people leaving negative reviews. Well things have changed. Elite service which I paid 50 dollars for still doesn't work. The lag compensation is so bad that this game is just not fun anymore. I have a 25 up and 25 down with a 17 millisecond ping to the call of duty servers but for some reason Infinity Wards punishes people with good internet connections with something called lag compensation which gives the guy with **** internet service the advantage. Even when that's not happening the game is just utter garbage. I mean really ??? No dedicated servers for a game that is going to make over a billion dollars. I will never buy another Moderen Warfare game again. Expand
  62. Nov 17, 2011
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL SIXTY DOLLA MAP PACK! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Even the fake so-called infinity ward developer tries to boost up the metacritic score with their babbies fans. "hey man, boosting should only be on your rehashed mw2 game"
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    What is about Infinity Ward making poor Call of Duty games. When they split up, Activision should have realised it was a sinking ship and would result in a below par game. The map designs feel very similar to BF3, albeit on a smaller level, and the MP feels incredibly unbalanced. Treyarchs games have their flaws but at least you don't feel as if you've been robbed every death. They got rid of one of the best leveling systems in any game (COD points) and replaced it with some dumb rank system. Hope to see Treyarch back on CoD next year but in the mean time, I'm back to Black Ops and BF3. Expand
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    o my god this game is so much a **** i try play but not norma. first of the gameplay all suck is mirror last year of game
    fck me why i buy this **** games there is same small ****maps with stupid knifestab and noobtubers then the single play is also super **** with campaign that i finish in over 2 hours lag on server and stupid ****game
    why you buy? do not
    not buy
    very big ****
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    I am insulted that this passes as a full game. This is not AAA material. Sound is terrible, graphics too. The maps are tiny, expect to get spawn killed repeatedly regardless of your favourite playlist or 'skill level'. Same unbalanced guns and create a class set-up. Expect the same stale multiplayer meta similar to the FAMAS in black-ops; The CM901 is its replacement. I knew this game would be disappointing, but this... just made me angry. Expand
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    After paying $60 on this game I went home and put it in my PS3. After a couple hours of gameplay I realized I had been ripped off! I looked in my DVD rack and grabbed a CoD game I bought 2 years ago, it looked the same but had a 2 on it instead of a 3. I then realized it is the same exact game, with a few minor tweaks. Biggest waste of money ever. Yet, there are still trolls on the internet like Destructoid's own Jimmyx Sterling getting paid big bucks to give it high review scores. Expand
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    This series hasn't changed since the first Modern Warfare; same game with different maps and guns. Really sad for a series that revolutionized war games with the first one. Battlefield 3 all day baby!
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 for story and MP, and Modern Warfare 2's MP and I never got along, but the story was great and action packed as usual and key features and gameplay additions were made. Spec Ops was a blast and provided hours of fun. MW3 doesn't feel updated at all. It feels like a zombie. The graphics are old, the facial animations stiff, the characters round turns like robots, the sounds are still terrible, and many of the environments still look like cardboard, which, in MW 1 and 2's case, I excused because of the exciting game play and story. MW3 is just a rehashed and uninventive copy of the first two. I played the whole campaign and never once felt the rush or compulsion I did in MW 1 and 2. Then I tried the MP, the three maps I played for mostly flat, mazes that were CQB and very, very bland. Everything looked exactly the same. I legitimately attempted to enjoy this. I did, but it's obvious that Activision is just grubbing for money. If Infinity Ward's original creators would've been at the helm, things might have been different. All and all, hugely disappointed. Expand
  69. Nov 9, 2011
    okay sooo lets get started. MW3 i have played the multiplayer, but haven't completed the campaign. Starting the online experience, it was horrible i agree infinity ward did some changes, but they're all bad changes. sprinting is way slower, and leaves very little sprint capacity. PERKS is also terrible i understand stopping power because its an easy kill, but the rest is really worthless i really didnt care what kind of perk i get. also the weapons are EXTREMELY easy to handle even the LMG's are very easy to get kills.graphics in my opinion it really looked like they down graded alittle bit i comepare it to COD 4 its sorta the same. COD modern warefare 2 graphics was an emprovement. i'am ashamed to say i bought this game but it only costed me 16.00 out of my pocket. im very tired of COD making new ones every year its anoying next year new COD by treyarch!!! whoopeeee! -_- COD jst really dosent want to lose they're reputation but they already have one. COD are infamously known for they're noob tubing and camping. like i tell everyone COD WAS great but now its like a CANCER slowly but surely its gonna die. i will stick to my BATTLEFIELD 3 and gonna sell this game to get assassin's creed revelations. everyone stop promoting this dying game its over COD ur time has come up. let DICE take over as the KING OF FPS!!!!! you know im right. Expand
  70. Nov 25, 2011
    for those who really thinks its an 8 or above...are pretty much idiotic fools that are paid to give them those good reviews. games worth **** and not worth 60. its literally expansion pack alike.
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    Congratulations on somehow milking more and more money out of each subsequent copy of CoD: Modern Warfare. This game would be more aptly titled "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ep 3," as it is essentially an expansion pack to the same game we've been playing for four years. Infinity Ward really phoned it on the single-player campaign, and the multiplayer is--yet again--another glorified map expansion and balance tweak. Modern Warfare 3: you get 9 for quality gameplay, minus 2 points for leaving that gameplay unchanged for four years, and minus 3 more points for charging us 60 bucks for the exact same experience. And you know what? Minus one more point for selling us over-priced DLC which was probably finished weeks before the game released. Expand
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    Welp, I've spent the majority of late last night and today playing MW3, so I figured I'd post a review.

Let me start off by saying I got a lot of grief from friends who told me my comments on MW3 are non-valid until I've played the game. Well, I played it, and upon reflecting on that experience from a non-objective, unbiased point of view, I have come to the conclusion that all of my
    previous predictions of the game were true, with few exceptions.

I began by playing the campaign, and what fun it was. This new development team did a better job at tying up the loose ends from the jumbled mess that was MW2's plot that I thought, and it was quite a fun ride. The levels were varied and expansive, characters were well fleshed out, and the experience was what I'd expect from a COD game. That being said, another bland shooter, delivering just another bland Michael Bay style blockbuster, with shallow characters, over the top story, basically a jingly toy with shiny lights to keep us amused for 5 or 6 hours. It doesn't investigate the complexity human morality like Batman Arkham City does with population control, crime, or the moral implications of justice. It doesn't delve into a story of survival, with the main character's desperately fighting for humanity while uncover secrets of the history of the universe as Halo does. The only challenge presented to players is how many bullets are shot at you and how many bullets it takes to kill someone, unlike Half-Life 2 and its physics puzzles. Nor does MW3 give players any variety in how to play, if you fail at stealth you automatically die, unlike Splinter Cell, which gives you a multitude of choices on how to proceed through the levels. The game is just too simple.

Now onto multiplayer. New killsteaks, new toys, new perks, new guns, new maps. Same gameplay, same experience as Black Ops, MW2, MW1, just more polish and new toys. Its fun as hell, thats right, you heard me, I loved playing it. But I can have the exact same fun and the exact same experience on any of the other COD titles I have. I knew this going into the game, and I figured I'd try this new system out, and I just can't distinguish the gameplay from any of the others.

Overall, the game feels like its a five year old game that could have been an Xbox release title. The graphics are sub par compared to every other recent shooter, there's hardly any physics aside from glass bottles and cardboard boxes that get shot around (every thing that happens is scripted, not random, so its not physics), even the external gun models look like they came out of Counter-Strike 1.6. I can't find the article, but I read an interview with Activision CEO Bobby Kotick about the future and he said that someday COD games will have movie/film like quality, with more realistic character and facial animations, etc. He's right, eventually COD will catch up with Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, the Mass Effect series, Arma 2, etc.

A I'd also like to note a few nitpicky things that surprised me. Characters say "Roger Wilco" a lot. You never say "Roger" with "Wilco," the "Roger" is implied. Its just as bad as saying "Over and Out." You just don't do it. The charging handle on the ACR is ambidextrous, so why does the player character reload with his left hand, then take his right hand off the pistol grip to charge the weapon? Also, why charge the weapon at all? The M4, ACR, G36 and many more have bolt locking mechanisms, so theres no need to pull back the charging handle. I was actually surprised at this, even Battlefield 3 has the player model grips the foregrip with the "magpul technique," or uses the support hand to reach under an AK and charge it without removing his primary hand from the pistol grip, as they should.

In conclusion, its just another COD game on a five year old engine, brings nothing new or innovating to the genre, and is nothing more than an update to COD4.

I'm sorry if you blew $60 on this game, because you could've just rented it for $2 at a redbox for the campaign and continued to play Black Ops for the same multiplayer experience.

Lets assume COD4-7 never existed, I'd give MW3 a solid 7 for being original, and a joyful experience.
    If MW3 was only $20 and the other games do exist, I'd give it an 8 for being a worthy expansion pack.
    But, because its just another MW update, it gets a 2.
    Fun, but not worth the money, especially if you have any of the past three games in the series.
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    Same game different year, nothing really new on a franchise that Activision is running dry like they did with Guitar Hero. Seriously how can people keep playing something they played last year and the year before that.
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    This game should be DLC at best. Nothing special, but it does take some of the good things about its predecessors COD4 and MW2. Quick scoping is also back much to my chagrin. Main gripe is the maps, there is little to no open areas so legitimate snipers will be let down and controllable air killstreaks won't help out as much. The only great things about this game is the two player co-op and its story (somewhat). This game is NOT worth $60 unless you're a die hard COD fan. Wait til the price drops or if necessary, just rent it. Expand
  75. Nov 9, 2011
    Dissapointing rehash of MW2. Shame on you Activision. How could you let something like this get out the door? You have like 4 game development studios working on this game, and yet it looks as if someone made the multiplayer in 5 seconds
  76. Nov 9, 2011
    Whatever happened to innovation in games? Sure, MW3 introduced some new game modes and leveling system, but enough to be allowed to release a new game every year? Not at all. MW3 is nothing but a rehashed version its predecessors and there should be no reason that they make us buy a new title every year when they're not offering us anything new.
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a re hash of CoD:MW2, so embarrassed i spent money on it....Its like a big map pack for CoD:MW2. Everyone needs to stop buying these games from Activision because they are just taking our money and laughing at us. And when they come out with DLC, rest assured they price it $5 higher than every other DLC pack. O and did I mention that the story sucks...come on. Anyway, if you read this, don't buy it. BF3 kids are not trolling you, this game is NOT worth your money. Expand
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Extremely disappointing and lazy game development from the same graphical dated graphical engine to the HUDs, sounds and the gameplay formula. Multiplayer? Same over years. No strategy, only shoot ...
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just horrible if I wanted to play MW2 I would have played MW2! I really feel like the developers didn't put much effort in this game and I am extremely disappointed.
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't believe the marketing hype, this is the same product rebundled let it die and show investors we're not interested in being sold the same product year after year, the cash cow needs to starve.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    I was a big fan of mw serie and i bought mw3 and bf3 and now battlefield just conquer my heart. Sorry guys but mw3 is exactly the same compared to mw2.
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    I was a cod fan, played every single game of cod and mw3 too, but never again, this is a constant deja-vu, and the overpriced dlcs......... is very sad to see how activition kills his franchyses, tony hawk, guitar hero and now COD (R.I.P)
    Don't waste your money in a 60 dollars DLC
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    absolute garbage. it is just a reskined modern warfare 2. if you buy this game and like it you are bad. Go PLAY HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    I like call of duty, the game is adicting as hell, but thats everything i can say about it. everything else is the same as all call of duty MW , CoD MW2, CoD WoW and CoD BO, i think its time for activision and sledgehammer to try another concept, stop being lazy and try changing stuff, not only give weapons a minor tweek, another Russian story, c'mon, im just giving the zero to keep the score low, i know the game deserves more, but all modern warfare producers need to know they have to change. even tough the games sells like hot bread. Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    If you are a console gamer, the only reason to buy Modern Warfare 3 is because no one is playing the previous iterations anymore. If you are a PC gamer, you still play COD4 so there is no reason to buy it.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    I really wanted to like this game. Despite all the hate it got pre-release, I enjoyed MW2 when it came out and I wanted to have that kind of fun again with this one. Unfortunately, I was met with the disappointment that is this game. The singleplayer story is part of what I loved about the first 2 games, but in this one, they just copy what seemed to be awesome in the other games and hope that it's as effective here. What ends up happening is formulaic levels with absolutely no emotional involvement because you've seen it all before, not only in the previous games, but in the level you just played. The story is garbage and doesn't invest you in the characters like the previous games did. The multiplayer seems like an exact copy/paste except without good maps, class balancing, or meaningful gameplay. It seems as though no real thought was put into this game other than putting as much stuff in it as possible without thinking how it would affect the experience. The maps are small, unorganized, and frustrating to manoeuver compared to the maps in MW2 which had a good layout with strategic points that worked well with all gamemodes. Even after a few hours of playing online trying to force myself to get used to it and enjoy it, I still couldn't seem to like it. I bought this at the midnight launch hoping I would enjoy it as much as MW2 but I was frustrated by the mp right away and then was later disappointed by the sp. I'm trading this in within a week of buying it. Severely disappointed. Expand
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehash Samefare 3. This game is SO bad that the devs on twitter are asking people to uprate it here on metacritic. I've never seen a dev do that. This is exactly what Activision deserves.
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    I cant believe they re-released MW2. I am ticked off. Worst investment ever. NO new engine, same all copy paste scenarios from MW2 and lets not forget the minimal character development. Just because you have voice actors with a british accent that does NOT mean the campaign will be awesome. I hate this, I honestly do.
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    Anyone who says they're not disappointed with this game is either unfamiliar with previous call of duty games and unaware of the level of expectations they command, or is a COD fanboy who will never admit their game is flawed. You already know what everyone is saying (outdated engine, mp levels are boring and repetitive, etc.) and they're saying it because it's true. By far the most disappointed I've ever been with a video game purchase. Maybe it's because the expectations were so high, but they knew that going in.akes you wish Activision hadn't gutted IW. SLedgehammer should be ashamed of this product. Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    A total step backwards from MW2. No graphical improvement, no innovation, and worst of all, the maps are not well thought out and are just not that fun.
    Hopefully DLC can improve the last gripe at least
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    At least 360 version somewhat works. Ps3 owners are stuck with yet another broken product from Activision. Pathetic! this company really needs to stop leading people on with the whole "new game" rhetoric and actually make a new game!
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    So once again we have that familiar feeling of same you know what, different name. Well, slightly different name anyway. I think it's reasonable to say that this franchise is the main reason a large portion of the gaming community dreads reading the word "sequel". There is, however, a silver lining here. A decent number of multiplayer games are once again safe from annoying little morons with no taste in games and only a desperate need to be seen as making the "popular" choice. Anyway, don't buy it, it's rubbish. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    All I can say is WOW. I have never been as disappointed with a game release as I am with MW3. It's same thing we've seen over and over. Little to no innovation at all! Infinity Ward is just milking the series for as much money as they can. It's sad. The maps are horrendous. The game play is subbpar. Campaign mode is a joke. It's Modern Warfare 2.5 is what it is. This game feels like it should a map pack instead of its own video game. You would think that Infinity Ward would step their game up and make some major upgrades to game play, graphics, game mechanics, MP etc.. ever since BF3 was announced. BUT NOPE. Not in this game. Taking it back to the store for a full refund today. Thanks for nothing Infinity Wart. Expand
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    Seriously disappointed with this game. It shows that "too much of the same is not always a good thing." The engine is really showing its age, the chaos that went on with Infinity Ward has defiantly scared the creativity. The story was very muddled by repetitious combat and uninspired level design, MP was ok but the maps were too small and felt like a giant **** zone.

It is time for an
    upgrade! I used to love the series lots, but now I am indifferent. Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Please note that my review is based on the MULTIPLAYER ONLY! I love CoD, but the series peaked with MW2 IMO. The maps in MW3 are way too confined with no long sight lines at all, and the spawn system will STILL put you smack dab in the middle of 2-3 enemies which results in instant death. I've yet to find ANY map where I need any long range optics, because there aren't any. This is run and gun BS all day. Even snipers have said F it, and are going with nothing but sub machine guns. Where is the varied sizes of maps found in Black Ops or MW2? What's even worse, is these confined maps do nothing but promote camping. There is no way in hell anyone has played this game, and can disagree with me on that. Go play SeaTown and tell me I'm wrong. I just don't get what IW thought they were putting out. I heard Robert Bowling say how they've changed things up so camping is harder, and how the spawn system would no longer put you in harms way. Well that's just plain **** I understand ALL FPS will have campers and other forms unskilled play, but MW3 is just on another level when it comes to people sitting in corners and waiting for someone, anyone to walk by. Oh, and let's talk grenade launchers. The introduction of the XM25 was supposed to make it harder to spam the launchers, and it kind of has, but you STILL have the under barrel attachment launchers that.....you guessed it.....can spam til your heart's content. I waited in line to get my MW2 Limited Edition Console because I love CoD and I really thought Robert Bowling and Glen Schofield were being honest when they said they listened to the community and fixed our biggest gripes. I guess I was naive in thinking that some big time developers were actually being honest with the people who support their industry. Maybe they did try, but the masses say otherwise. This game has gone on to break records, and with all the BS STILL in this game, controllers will be broken as well. I think I'm done with CoD for this generation. It's gotten stale. I'm not looking for a revolution, I'm looking for some honest to goodness evolution of this franchise and it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon no matter who is at the helm of this famed franchise. I did love the campaign though. Expand
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't beg for reviews, bro. If you want good reviews, don't charge $60 for DLC. MW3 is an OK game, not worthy of the ridiculous sales numbers of lofty praise heaped upon the franchise. The Modern Warfare game has been riding on the laureates of the original Modern Warfare for the past 4 years now. It sets a scary precedent for developers: "Maddenizing" other genres of games, charging ridiculous amounts of money for what is otherwise a minor update. Expand
  97. Nov 12, 2011
    I have played cod since it started. When i heard that MW3 was coming out, I was pretty excited.
    But it all flushed out when i bought it.
    The graphics?
    They look like MW2.
    Gameplay?
    Didn´t innovate at all, and just terrible.
    But the worst was the hit detection.
    I liked it in the most cod games, but in this one, you just shoot anywhere and they give you 200 points.
    LAME
  98. Nov 12, 2011
    Awful game. They did nothing from MW2. At least MW2 had better maps, these maps are awful. There are no choke points so people spawn all over the place and you get killed by someone that spawned right behind you! HAD THEY HAD A BETA MAYBE SOME OF THESE BUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED! AWFUL GAME. The only people that are liking it are casual gamers that do not play often! FIX THE SPAWNS! I had a KDR of 2.5 in CoD 4, MW2, Black Ops and now its at a 1.5 because of all the spawn killing. Absolute garbage. Did anyone even test the game? Expand
  99. Nov 13, 2011
    my name says it all. what where they thinking when they designed the nightmarish rat maze maps, is beyond me... This just adds to the already outdated engine and stale game play. save your money or buy battlefield 3, its much more enjoyable. better graphics, more teamwork. vehicles. and its actually a new game instead of another rehash of yesteryear
  100. Nov 13, 2011
    Terrible. MW 2.5 is the proper name for this piece of crap....

I used to be a cod fan, but now I see how they rip off their customers. Until they learn to respect their consumers, I'm switching to BF3 and not giving Activision any more money...
  101. Nov 16, 2011

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.