3.3

1. Nov 14, 2011
    Stop being such a fricking hater and rate the game negative without even playing it. I would probably give it an 8 or a 9, but i give it a 10 just to counter all the haters. Seriously, if you don't like the game, just don't play them, don't waste your time hating on it.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    So Infinity Ward think MW3 warrants a better score,well.... NO, it doesn't. These are the comments of the consumer, not debatable, it's their opinion. So I also find myself in a disappointed position, Infinity Ward your 'game' is deplorable. Unimaginative, boring and downright lazy. I was never a Battlefield player but now thats where my money is staying, I waited so long for MW3, I had the Limited edition pack and all. Within 3 days it was out the door and back in the shop. Worst 'game' of the year award. And another thing that has put me off Infinity Ward is their Market Model, What? after your one year membership on elite runs out we can no longer access or maps and DLC? You already overprice for map packs that offer nothing but another place to play this boring crap. Have you not sullied our wallets for too long? I wipe my hands of you COD MW and Infinity Ward....you are dead to me. Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    this poor game, graphics is horrible. sound is horrible, horrible campaign = all horrible. graphics: 5 sound: 2 innovation: 1 recycled: 10 ¡very good activision!
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    when I started playing the game the first thought I had was "this is the same engine as modern warfare 2." as the story progressed I found myself asking where in this campaign is there a level that I would want to play again and again. In both modern warfare 1 and 2 there were levels I just wanted to play over and over. But this time I would probably only play the campaign to get achievements at most. There is nothing new to the campaign besides awesome weapons. The story is short about 4-6 hours on normal at most. And what little story there is, it is just a reboot of the combined ideas of modern warfare 1 and 2. I had no "wow" moment I had more of a "here we go again". For the campaign the gameplay is the same but the story is old and feels like a reboot. The multiplayer has become more "balanced" or as I like to call it become more "unrealistic". Shotguns are now pea shoots at most. And the multiplayer is mostly the same as modern warfare 2. The addition of survival adds a lot of fun but getting stuck with the guy who leaves his post to take your kills and results in you getting flanked by the enemy gets old fast. Survival is enjoyable but it does not allow you the customization nor the number of guns that you can get in multiplayer. As a result it feels unfinished and not as enjoyable as it could have been. Spec ops is back with no difference what so ever to modern warfare 2. All and all the campaign is a disappoint; as it brings nothing new to the table, same with both the multiplayer and spec ops. The only thing remotely new is survival and that is incomplete. All I can say is congrats Activision on sucking the life out of another great game. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Seriously?... this game is a crap.. is the same over and over again... the campaign the same like mw2, poor graphics and that crap sound system gosh!!! doesn't worth $60 for this piece of **** game....
  6. z1p
    Nov 15, 2011
    Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! It is a slightly adjusted version of the previous title, MW2. The challenges for multiplayer are EXACTLY the same as MW1! Story is okay, I say just give this one a rental. Not worth your money or time. Buy BF3 if you want a good shooter.
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2, I mean 3, is basically a decent game... however since MW3 basicly is a dlc to MW2, I cant justify the price. I rate this a 0 for greed.
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    The same graphics, same game play, everything is the same, not innovation, not fun. if i want to play COD i think my best option still COD:MW2 for far...
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    Developers begging for help with community ratings, people raging on forums, Youtube, and gaming sites such as this one. All of this was very foreseeable and has simply made me happy that I got this game for free from a friend who can't play it anymore after his PS3 broke (little sister poured milk on it :P).

The main problem with Call of Duty is the constant use of the same exact
    gameplay with close to no changes in each sequel. Now, you might be saying, "Well if Call of Duty made a huge innovation many people wouldn't be happy!" and you would be right. However, there is a solution to this. Stop. Making. New. CODS. The series is already on its eight title, and has failed to make large changes since the fourth one. Even worse, the only good change since the first one is the graphics. The major change in call of duty 4 was the addition of class customization. However, it's safe to say this wasn't a good change. I'm not saying that Russians shouldn't be using M4A1s, and that Americans shouldn't use an AK-47, like how it is in Battlefield 3. Call of Duty isn't meant to be realistic. If it was realistic, no one should be running around with a 30 pound sniper rifle faster than with a 10 pound light machine gun. However, the problem with all of this customization is that due to the serious lack of limits, players are free to exploit a single imbalance with the correct customization kits, forcing everyone to use the exact same class if they want to play a fair game. In battlefield 3, with the exception of a certain scope (which is being fixed soon anyway), the limitations on our customizations balance the game quite a bit. Expand
  10. Nov 17, 2011
    What were you expecting? You get exactly what you expect. A first person shooter with slightly enhanced graphics and new skills and story added in to it. Of course it's not going to be that innovative because it is not trying to be. Games like this are repetitive as they have been for some time. Besides that, about 2/3 of people rated this game negative but I'm going to guess that quite a few of those people will be the people who will end up playing endlessly on the multi player game. I guess time may prove me wrong and nobody will be playing on the game after this month but I'm willing to guess that Modern Warfare will still have millions going on multi player every day. In short, if you do want something different then go out and buy Arkham City or Assassins Creed Revelations because they are good initiative games. But for the game that you could just play time after time on multi player this is the game to buy. Expand
  11. Mar 9, 2012
    I was a BIG fan of cod4 and mw2 but the shine has definitely worn off for me with mw3. Pretty much everything felt the same as the previous COD games. The kill animations were still rag doll, the same sounds, the same non-destructable environments with the same measly amount of environmental bullet damage. How cool could it have been to pull out your light machine gun and totally shred the environment? Instead we have same same superficial bullet holes that guns made back in COD4. How cool would it have been to have dynamic environments? You air strike a building and then have 3 different types of rubbled building that would appear in its place for the remainder of the game. How cool would it have been to shoot somebody and have them fall off a ledge and come crashing down with a THUMP in a cloud of dust or nail them with a shotgun and have them fly backwards crashing into a table or wall? But no, we're stuck with the same old 1997 animations.

The maps were probably the biggest disappointment. There wasn't one pure sniper map in the game (nothing even close to wasteland, afghan, or derail). The maps didn't seem to cater to team games (having your team pinned down in a firefight with the other team); they were all just run around solo and get shot in the back. In cod4 especially, it seemed like there was a sense of friendly and enemy territory and I found myself respawning with my team who were engaged in battle a lot. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everyone got UAV so there was a better sense of where the enemy was. IDK, i'm starting to ramble...

In short, I just thought they needed to innovate more instead of relying on the same old engine.
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    The Modern Warfare games were once innovative and interesting, but this is simply a copy and paste of Modern Warfare 2, with absolutely no saving grace. The story is predictable, the graphics are unchanged, the gameplay is identical, and the story is boring. Unless something is done, this game could be one of the final nails in the first person shooter genre.
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    This year, even more so than last I have been extremely let down by COD. The maps are so poorly constructed that at you are open to attack from several angles AT ALL TIMEs due to the abundance of tight corners and back passages. This forces you to roll in a pack and or get gunned down as soon as you let off a round exposing your position. I realsie they did this to stop camping but its merely does this at the cost of playablity. You basically find yourself FORCED to roll with a pack of noobish amauters mindlesy avenging the death of d guy next to you while your enemy does the same. IT JUST ONE BIG CLUSTER **** like me you play alone this is doubly anoying as you want to go your own way but realsie this means at best getting one kill before being shot in the back. Infinity Ward have apparently suufered the loss of several key members of their team causing them to bring in Sledgehammer Games to compensate. They Failed! Expand
  14. Nov 18, 2011
    You would think that after six years they would at least have made a new graphics engine. The game is almost the same as Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, except for some maps, perks and a new killstreak system. How about some real originality, huh? Seriously, if you want a good shooter, buy Battlefield 3.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Sadly MW3 has ruined the franchise for me - multiplayer has lost it's fun thanks to an unbalanced kill streak system that just takes all the skill (and the fun) out of the game. If you like being blown to bits by random explosions, predato missiles or attack helicopters every 15-20 seconds (it really is that bad), then go nuts - but it's not for me...

I've not played the campaign, but
    that's not what I buy for - think I may finally have to give Battlefield a chance. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2011
    I just got screwed by the marketing machine. I was expecting a game with improvements in gameplay, graphics and sound. Kinda works like that otherwise we would all be still paying pong and pacman.

Not in this case. Exactly the same as his predecessors which are two year old games. I paid a lot of money for a game with little effort. The 1 is to compensate for the fanboys give this 10's
    and that includes that corrupt game journalist whose sites shall not be visited anymore ( just gamespy who gave a fair judgement) Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    I legitimately did not think the game was very good. Same old stuff that I got bored with back in the MW2 days. However, I wasn't going to give it a 0 until IGN insisted on writing TWO full articles crying about "Metacritic trolling." Sorry not everyone agrees with you, IGN.
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    So terrible, where to begin? Bugs galore, and for a linear single player game that's not good. Boring, feels like ive played this before. Oh, wait i have. It was called Call of duty modern warfare 2.
  19. Nov 30, 2011
    These multiplayer maps are a tangled mess I've never been killed so many times from behind in a video game. The maps are like vertical mazes. Where are the open areas? am i complaining that these maps are to small??? ......... YES
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    This was a Great game when it 1st came out, but sadly everything that was done in the last few year could have all been done in patches and really there is nothing new to keep me there i fill like i am paying money for MW1.3
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    what to say about this game.....plenty. Graphics: i read an article by Glenn Schofield in which he defended that the graphics had changed. thats a load of bull****. There is absoultely no big difference in the graphics, the sound effects have been recycled and you can hear the SAME sound effects on multiple guns (i.e. M4A1, M16, and ACR reloading sounds.) They clearly ran out of ideas for improving animations as the new sprinting movements look ridiculous and quickly implemented as a way to cover up this copy and paste of a game. Campaign: The campaign is even shorter than mw2 with even more unrealistic plot and action sequences. It is cheesy, predictable and the plot pacing is even worse than mw2's. Spec Ops: There are EVEN LESS spec op missions than before, sure they added Survival mode, but wait. thats just Zombies with guns! the missions are longer yes, but that also backfires when going back multiple times to beat a level. They are uncreative and mostly similar.
    Multiplayer: Oh look, its the same gamemodes as cod4 AGAIN. there is absoultely NO innovation whatsoever. every map has been balanced out yes, but this makes them all pretty similar and boring layouts. Most guns from Mw2 are back with the MP5 and G36C from cod4. Kill confirmed is just team deathmatch, team defender is capture the flag with headquarters inspiration. Every gamemode is still the same. the perks are uncreative and its clear that they ran out of ideas and just broke down old gameplay elements and turned them into perks. Although the Prestige Shop is a nice addition, there isnt much to use and double xp is a waste. Theatre mode makes a comeback, but for some reason the game begins lagging horribly when its turned on, black ops did not have that problem. This game is mw2 with different maps, less spec ops, campaign and innovation. if anything this game takes steps back and should be called mw1.9.

Overall: 2/10

Pros: Balancing, more maps, finishes the storyline

Cons: Same s**t we've seen for the last 4 years, same graphics, short campaign, less spec ops missions, no creative gamemodes, no creative perks, recycled animations and sound effects, 8-13 year olds will rule the online community. (isnt this game rated M for MATURE?!?!??!?!!)
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    My scores fair enough. Not saying this game is terrible its far from it. All im saying is if you own Call of Duty 4 or MW2 don't bother its just another reboot. Obviously with each game released it gets better, but I am not interested in the little extras which all fan boys love to brag about. Its the same old gameplay in single and multiplayer even the same old plot. In case no one else has noticed (which everyone obviously has) it seems like the series is running in an infinite loop. Also I dont get why they made the AK 47 look different and well lets face it, in the game its not the best choice of gun. This also makes no sense to me. To sum it all up, its good but also very similar to the older games and this has thrown me off completely. Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2011
    almost no new innovation. Pathetic, clumsy, small maps full of wall hacks...ability to play this game with any sort of strategy has been reduced to running in organised running around in giant circles. Perks and customizations have been reduced to forced choices instead of full customization. The spawning is by far the worst I have seen yet...you can't ever clear an area because the game will almost guarenteed spawn a bad guy behind you or you walk around the corner to shot one guy just as the game re-spawns 4 of his teammates on you. Rockets you have shot before you die still seem to vanish in mid air. You still get killed ten feet after making it around the corner when running from bullets...Server Snyching still is atroucious...Kill cams almost never resemble what you saw on your screen when you were killed...Shotguns still do ridiculous amounts of damage from 30 feet away, but assault rifles often can't take down a target with out using the full clip. Quick scoping the stupidest thing ever allowed to exist. Airsupport that you can't take down even when you are equipped to do so. Hit detection is weak at best. Being able to charge through bullets to knife or shoot....just an all around disappontment. More of the same. Most of my friends have already gone back to playing MW2, COD4, an even BF2. I have always held Infinity Ward in a much hirer regard than Trearch...and after Black Ops I said never again will I buy a trearch release...but I have to tell you, MW3 is about as bad as Black Ops...maybe you guys should do your homework better next time and actually go out and ask people what it is they really want and what they really don't want, because this pile of dung is a fail. Expand
  24. Dec 1, 2011
    First I am a cod fan I have played them all. I don't see how some on here can say Mw3 is like Mw2 really well Mw2 worked there was no lag which this is all the game has in MP play. Spawns are broken you will shot someone only to have them spawn right behind you that sure didn't happen in MW2 now did it.. They put out 2 patches so far and have not been able to fix the lag in this game or spawns yet. Maps are the biggest fail ever in this game. They are so small with junk everywhere no clear shooting lines lots of buildings which you can't even go though to get to the other side everything is closed off no big maps like waste land or over grown. If you haven't got this game yet I'm sure most have it now but if you don't wait till it drops in price I really hope Sledgehammer never gets another chance at making a COD game ever again you dropped the ball big time Expand
  25. Dec 6, 2011
    No stopping power, but Infinity Ward kept last stand. Terrible idea. No Ricochet on Hardcore modes. Another big mistake. Why change weapon stats from previous games? Totally unbalanced weapon loadouts. These single player campaigns need a major overhaul, enough with the scripted events already. Look folks this formula has run its course now. Call of Duty Elite is just a cash grab. Make a game worthy of tracking stats on and people will take it more seriously. These fresh developers simply cannot fill the shoes of the originals. R.I.P. Call of Duty. Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2011
    Hold on, all of this Battefield fanboy's idiocy must be stopped by a honest review.
    First of all - this is the best Call of Duty right now. MW2 was full of bad ideas, BO was laggy and glitchy - this game finally is balanced, performs well and gives hell lot of fun.
    Of course EAdrones never actually played the game for longer than 4 hours, so their "experience" comes from screenshots and
    videos, which can look a lot like MW2 - the artstyle hasn't changed, but thanks to that, the game can run smoothly on old computers, and also - games are about gameplay, not about the graphics.
    And the MW3's gameplay is amazing, like in every CoD. Every multiplayer game you'll play will be packed with action, explosions and firefights, and after every one you'll feel exhausted by the amount of pure fun you just got.
  27. Dec 28, 2011
    wow, this game is... HORSE **** i mean its more like mw2.1. cod4=badass, still play, mw2=kinda good, mw3=wtf. EXACT same game engine and graphics as MW2, more like a goddamn expansion if you ask me, or the millions of dissapointed users. the only good thing i found was to find out what happened to all the main characters, and even for that i couldve watched a youtube video.
  28. Jan 25, 2012
    Oh how the gods have fallen. I remember back in the day when a game from Infinity Ward meant a game carefully crafted, and sure to keep even casual gamers at the edge of their seats. Well, this couldn't be further from reality with Infinity Ward's latest installment. From the get go, Modern Warfare 3 feels like a bad case of deja-vu - graphics and gameplay deviate little from what we've seen in previous installments, go from point a to point b, shoot what moves along the way. What's worse, the campaign is even more forgettable than ever. No innovation in terms of plot twists or gameplay mechanics, just a straight line from start to finish. Even what was meant to be the most emotional moment in the game seemed trivial and pointless, especially after the events of the previous game. The campaign is over in a flash, and thank goodness; The less time spent playing this garbage, the better.

What about the multiplayer, you ask? Just as boring and forgettable as the campaign. If you want good multiplayer, this is the last place you should look.
  29. Apr 7, 2012
    This game is horrible I think the multiplayer sucks just like the single player. Only thing I did like was survival mode it becomes boring about in one hour. I think its just like Modern Warfare 2 there is no difference except the weapons.
  30. Apr 8, 2012
    I've been playing COD since day one on the PC. MW 2 and MW 3 are the most disappointing games in the series. MW 3 even makes COD 3 look like and decent game. Leave it to Activision to ruin a great FPS franchise and a Developing company in the process.
  31. Apr 8, 2012
    First off I wanted to write a mw3 review for a while its a complete review from the story to spec ops all the way to the criticality acclaimed multilayer. Story: Its hard to give a review without giving out spoilers but il try :) The story basically takes off where MW2 left its WW3 and Soap Mactavish and Captain Price have to stop Makarov. Now without giving spoilers I will tell you that they're are fundamental plot holes in the story that dont require a genius to figure out. Apart from that, its still fun, missions are varied, entertaining and dont require much skill even on veteran compared to black ops that is but the ending will give you a great surprise. Spec Ops. Spec ops is very fun, mission are varied but are way to easy even on veteran, and survival was a brilliant addition to this spec ops. It's good to get the DLC from COD elite as well. Multiplayer: although the multiplayer is fun, its a copy paste from MW2, top to bottom, many weapons, game titles, sound effects, as well as kill streaks all come from previous titles (espacially MW2). Well some people do tell me why change what's great? Well I would normally agree the core gun on gun game play is still they're but is being hindered by MAJOR balance issues from perks to weapons, no dedicated servers, lack of team play as well as knife issues all that with a terrible spawn system. The maps all feel the same. Probably the most disappointing aspect of the game. Even Robert Bowiling the creative strategist said this in an interview : "I feel like we are in a f*cking era where everyone is so focused on subscriber numbers and all that stuff that we need to get back to what I feel like we did so much better in the old days of just plain good will, like stuff like the LAN patch, yeah it is lower priority but letâ Expand
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is very similar to the sequels but 10x better than black ops. It will still capture your attention and addict you to the beautifully constructed leveling system. Kill streaks are entertaining when you unlock them but just annoying when you become bombarded by the enemy. Anyway, the story is the usual, not realistic, and just confusing but fun to play. The co-op spec ops is one of the key essentials to this game. It is honestly the what I will be playing for awhile. Expand
  33. Nov 8, 2011
    The fact is, this game is just a huge disappointment. Why? It's boring, that's why. Nothing new, except for a few "new" guns, and some fancy new killstreaks to play on the incredibly tedious multiplayer. Don't get this game, you'll only be fueling the beast that is Call of Duty.
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    I don't get it. Anyone who bought this game and expected something different is a moron. At this point, COD is not going to change. If you thought you were going to boot up the disc and your character was going to be a small furry wolf shooting skittles and skipping on clouds, you're an idiot. The ground rules for COD are set a this point. You're going to kill people. You're going to have perks. You're going to have killstreaks. You're going to play game modes designed to kill people, to hold flags, to capture flags, or to blow stuff up. Sure there will be little wrinkles in each release, but at this point COD is less like a video game and more like a sport-- like football or basketball. The variety comes not in the changes to the rules, but in changes in the people you play against. Activision will not, and should not, dramatically reinvent this game every year. So IMO, the best you can do as a legitimate critic is to rate the game based on how the game plays, based on map design, and based on overall execution. Half these "zero" reviewers didn't even need to buy the game to complain about the things they're whining about, so they're not doing anyone a service with the reviews. If you don't like COD, just don't buy the game ever again and shut up.

So after all that, I'll say that the game appears to be an improvement over Modern Warfare 2. Gone are many of the player abuses from that game-- the constant grenade launching, commando knifing, etc. Only time will tell if new abuses will arise and how responsive Infinity Ward will be to fixing them. I like the addition of weapon proficiencies, where they have moved some of the weapon specific perks from previous installments. It's too early to tell what the full impact of the new killstreak system will be to gameplay, but the game does seem more frantic because so many killstreaks are active. That could hurt the quality of play in the long term. But the variety of having assault, support, and specialist killstreaks will also keep the game fresh so it's a balance. None of the new game types (kill confirmed, etc.) will supplant favorites like TDM or Domination but they do provide some interesting variety. The maps in this game are small, making this one of the fastest paced COD games, but it will take in the game to give a fair review of the map design. But for right now, I'd say this game is an 8 of 10.
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    Short and sweet, CoD MW 3 suffers from the sports game syndrome. A new season new game or is it? As with sports games annually they get a few tweaks and roster updates! Same is the case here. If you liked MW and MW 2 then you will like this game. Its up to you if its worth the 60 asking price! The campaign was good (6- 8 hrs) the multi player is more of the same.The MW series is starting to show its age. Its a fun game in its own way. But its just a New year new maps and some tweaks. Activsion better hold off for a yr or two and bring something new to the table. with the next instalment! Expand
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    I used to love the Call of Duty franchise, it gave you freedom, and had one of the most responsive series of gameplay mechanics out there. Now it is just a re-skined repeat of the same broken multiplayer. Nothing more than clunky, blinding fire to the back drop of never ending invisible walls.
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty MW3 is fun. I like the multiplayer but it just feels like a overpriced expansion pack.
    And at 55 pounds it is not doing itself any favours.
    If you are a die hard fan get it.
    If not don't because its a thrill ride for the first month i bet.
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    What did you guys expect? Way to pay 60-70$ and get excited for some new maps. This is why I enjoy battlefield 3 now. Seems a bit odd that all the critics are giving it such high ratings, very probable they are all getting paid a good amount under the table.
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty is the first person shooter equivalent of fast food. tastes like **** and lowers everyone's standards. There has been perhaps no negative influence greater in the entire industry on first person shooters. The quality of all FPS games from here on out will be lower as a direct result of this game's release. Congratulations.
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    MW3 seems to be the best game for a FPS this season. BF3 seems to be weeping on that fact their Multiplayer lags and runs at 30 fps.... 60 for the WIN!

MW3 core game modes and play are great, I feel they did play it a bit safe and stuck with what works which makes this game solid and fun to play. Why stray away from a formula that works and produces? And the new Spec Ops is refreshing to play.
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    Can't even tell the difference between this and original modern warfare. There's a reason they come out with so many games and so many map packs...its because they want one thing, and it looks like an "S" with a vertical line through it.
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    a 60 dollar patch, this is mw3, it's obvious to see how many reviewers gave this game 9's and 10's when honestly this game deserves a 5 at best. It just goes to show you how many idiotic consumers are out there in the world, hopping on the bandwagon and buying anything their friends are getting. They also love to dick ride devs like mindless brainwashed retards they are, willing to do anything these devs command. mw3 has only added killstreaks, perks and a few new guns.....THATS IT. If you bought this game because it's "fun", then i suppose mw2 was fun, and black ops and cod4 since they all play exactly the **** same. paying 60 bucks for a few stuff added when really all of this could have been patched just goes to show you the retards of the gaming industry. A month later wait till all these idiots complain about the BS in the game, wasting their money on yet another purchase on this yearly overhyped infested piece of crap. Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2011
    Excellent if you want an map pack for MW2 @ 60 bucks...right what??? if you played one you played them all repetitive action shoot shoot kill kill run run...no brains really no difference also outdated graphics dated engine...looks 98% ,like mw2. No anticheat features crappy graphics same multiplayer gameplay same old same old its done cod mw had its day now its time to move on. 1.5/10
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    The sound is horrible, the game play is horrible, the fun is negative, the excitement is none. This game is terrible. I loved BLOPS, and MW2, and COD4, they were all great. This game is exactly what a 13 year old on a sugar rush is looking for. Constantly being shot from behind, horrible lag, horrible hit detection. I want my money back. If you check gamestop they will give you $30 in store credit if you return the game before 1/7/2011. I am looking forward to that. Expand
  45. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is the biggest waste of money ever I mean its got the same graphics same game play and plus the maps seem so familiar. No one get this game as the al is so s**t and there are so many noobs and campers it just feels like the same game
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    Same as it's predecessors. Nothing ground breaking, original or intuitive has been added to this latest outing. Activision really just are selling people the same again with slightly updated graphics. Same old modders, hackers and racist 12 year old kids playing online. Elite is a rip off that is not even working. Spend your money else where on a more deserving franchise that doesn't treat people like idiots. Repackaging the same game every year is not on. Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the same game as modern warfare 2. Save your money and Just buy that.the I feel scorelike I've scammed. The same predictable slow motion scenes, same multiplayer, lack of maps ass last time. I assume they are just holding the maps to release as 'downloadable content' in order to make more money off us. Shame on meta critic for giving them the score they did.
  48. Nov 8, 2011
    A step backward in the series honestly. MW2 was better. Co-Op was a nice attempt, but just not enough substance to make it worth while. Multiplayer is also a negative. The new game modes are lame and they took out many of the new ones that made Black Ops at least tolerable. If you want to play a re-hash of MW2 with out any good maps then go ahead.
  49. Nov 8, 2011
    This is an Expansion of mw2? just a waste, black ops was kind of cool, the more this is looks like exactly the same mw2, a shame! mainly due to the price. there is no innovation or in multi-player.
  50. Nov 8, 2011
    Seriously, why are people ripping this game so hard? Are you Battlefield fan boys, salty, or suck? People give gears 3 amazing ratings when that game is THE EXACT same game, Halo series gets the same crap, amazing ratings for the same game... Yes it is about the same game, thats because its Call Of Duty and they will always do this. It is a SERIES and they will keep the FEEL the same with new features. I am NOT a fan boy by any means, I actually prefer Battlefield Series myself... but common guys this game is fun, well made, and seems polished off with great features. get over it PLEASE. it deserves MUCHHH better than what you are giving it. get over it. Good job to the Dev's of this game, they listened to the players and made a good game and I am enjoying it so far. PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS if they are like a 0-1 area, you know something is messed up.

I give this game a 9/10 because it is not perfect, and it is a remake and has the same feel but is very fun so far and I like the additions they made to this game.
  51. Nov 8, 2011
    All these negative reviews must be from BF3 fanboys or something. I find it suspect that EVERYONE went out and got the game at midnight, or early on 11/8 and despises it because it's the same as the other games.

Um.. what? Newsflash. ALL of these Modern Warfare games have been the same. If you played MW2, which was basically the same as MW1.. why would you expect innovation at this point?
    And yet, you still ran out and bought the game. Congrats. You just told IW and Activision that you'll buy the game regardless of what's inside the case. I'm sure you'll be picking up MW4 at launch as well, just to complain about it some more.

I don't get it. Anyway.. good game. Nothing innovative, sure. But it's enjoyable. Really, at this point, they really are just glorified map packs, but I don't mind. I play each game pretty religiously until the next one is out. I like the feel of the guns, and the new multiplayer modes are fun. The only complaint I can think of is that the maps are maybe too small and cramped.
  52. Nov 8, 2011
    It's not that Call of Duty is necessarily a "bad" game, per se. The mechanics are sound, the gameplay is polished, the graphics are good. The problem is they billed it as "the most anticipated game in history" and then gave us the same exact thing as the previous game. No innovation. Crap story. Rehashed multiplayer. No depth. No thought. The only time this game pushes the envelope is when it attempts to be controversial, in what are CLEARLY cheap attempts to grab media headlines - they understand that any attention is good attention in the gaming business. At this point, the so-called "critic" reviews are a joke. They may go through and give you a rundown on the game's faults, realize that the game's good points are few and far-between, only to completely reverse direction at the end and say, without any trace of self-awareness, "9/10." Because god forbid they be blacklisted from reviewing the next mega-hit that the company puts out (which, ironically, is a trend that they are helping perpetuate). At this point, we as gamers really need to step up and take notice of bias in our gaming sites.

We as gamers need to do a lot of things, actually. Most importantly, we have to stop letting them shove media hype down our throats. Is MW3 ACTUALLY bad enough to warrant the zero I give it? No. In reality, it should be more like a three. But we can't compromise anymore. We can't allow constant headlines on IGN to dictate our purchases. We can't allow companies to sell us generic, shallow crap and get away with it. We can't allow companies to copy (more or less verbatim) previous formats and shove them down our throats. It's time that we, as gamers, finally take a little pride for once in our chosen lifestyle and tell the gaming industry that we're not gonna to take it, no, we ain't gonna take it, we're not gonna take it, anymore. Innovation should be celebrated, not labeled as dangerous and used sparingly. And certainly not completely absent, as it is in Modern Warfare three.

So when you're at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or where ever, do the industry a favor: Do not buy this game.
  53. Nov 8, 2011
    The same recycled trash. Don't even bother buying this game. Same sound effects, same visuals, same models, even the guns are the same. You might wanna play MW2 since its EXACTLY the same game for only $30.
  54. Nov 8, 2011
    One word. BORING. Absolutely boring and has no substance whatsoever. It is just another COD. I feel like I just bought a map pack for 60 bucks. Completely disappointed and if they poop another one out like this I will never buy a COD game again. End of story. I don't even know why I'm giving it a 4.... Like I said, just another COD with no substance that got pooped out for $$.
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    I'd there was eer proof needed that meta critic is pointless; this is it. A fantastic game which I will get so much joy out of getting slated by fanboys. I pity everyone who gives this a low score because they play battlefield. Battlefield is a fantastic game and easily one of my fans for this year (apart from the terrible single player). I will enjoy MW3 and BF3 as they are very different games but I love both. If you can only enjoy one because the other is popular and full of idiot 12 year olds (who can easilybe ignored) then more fool you. I love both, and the truth is, both are fantastic. Stop comparing; apples and oranges. Expand
  56. Nov 8, 2011
    wow this game looks like the same old **** as the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that! Why do they keep recycling this crap like anyone even wants to play this other than little kids! don't buy this game, spend the money on a loved one, or alternatively spend it on bleach to put in your eyes to go blind! That would be a better use of £40!!! Collapse
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    Not much different from the last modern warfare. Campaign is just pointless filler. Nothing innovative or new in this game. This is supposedly the end of a trilogy, but i doubt this will be the last modern warfare.
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    This game has been copy and pasted since 2007. The campaign is standard for a game in this series, linear and predictable. Nothing significant has changed in the multiplayer. The quality of the graphics has not changed. Still no full co-operative mode. As a consumer, I am insulted by the lack of innovation that has been made in this series. 4 years is a significant period of my life, spent waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen with this series, that I will never get back. And here I am once again, disappointed with this November's rehash of the game that came out in 2007. Expand
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    I got this game knowing it would be very similar to all CoD games but after playing for about 15 min I honestly felt scammed, its pretty much the exact same game....why an i paying $60 for a black ops expansion? I also bough battlefield 3, and while the game play is similar its greatly refreshed, CoD needs to go outside the box more...I think this will be my last CoD MWF game =(
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    MW 3 follows along the same path that the Modern Warfare series has been following the last several years. Lack of innovation in game play, graphics hardly improve over MW 2 (which are pretty poor now), and an extremely abbreviated / convoluted campaign (as usual), leaves me with the feeling that it's time to stop supporting this franchise. Call of duty has been repackaged so many times that it entirely feels stale this time around. Expand
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    Normally Map packs for MW2 cost $15, this one costs 4x that amount and has a bug where your profile will be reset when you buy it.

My advice, wait till its in the $5 bargain bin.
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    >2011
    >Paying full price for a map pack
    >ISHYGDDT

If you enjoy paying $60 for the same recycled crap over and over then feel free to purchase this. At most, this should be a $15 map pack + campaign. Oh wait, this is Activision we are talking about here.
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    I havent even played this game yet but I can honestly say this game is a flaming pile of **** The campaign looks like a blues clues episode thats been dipped in a homeless guys piss, the multiplayer is the exact same as MW2 except for the fact that it plays like helen keller trying to operate an AK, and the spec ops portion of the game makes me feel like Im playing a laggy session of toon town. I may only be 6 years old, but I feel experienced enough to say that this game doesnt deserve to exist. Maybe I will give this game as a gift to my pet monkey, because not only do I hate my pet monkey, but I know all he will do it use it as toilet paper. Expand
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    Pretty disappointed that MW 3 isn't simply considered an expansion of MW 2. There is very little fresh content with MW 3. I would strongly argue that the maps I've tried so far this morning have been the worst of the Call of Duty series yet. CoD is still gimmicky as ever.
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    i can't help but laugh at all the poor folks that fell for it....once again. i sure hope you all have learned your lesson THIS time around. vote with your wallets people, activision doesn't respond to negative reviews after the fact.
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    Evolution of Call of Duty. Call of Duty: The Start CoD Finest Hour: The Fix CoD 2: The Upgrade CoD 2 Big Red One: The Awesome Multiplayer CoD 3: The First Sack Of **** CoD 4 Modern Warfare: The Game That Made History CoD World at War: The Zombies CoD MW2: The Game That Was Fun For 1 Day CoD Black Ops: The Made You Pissed CoD MW3: The First Game In History That Endorses Suicide

Battlefield 3 anyone?
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    Where to start? I would give this game a 9 out of 10, but all the trolls are unfairly maligning a great game, so it's now a 10. First of all anyone who says this feels like the BLOPs is just nuts. Treyarch's shooters all feel sluggish and inaccurate, but Infinity Ward and now Sledgehammer deliver tight mechanics. I am now used to BLOPs, but it took a while, where it took no time to feel at home in MW3. I can't comment on the story as I played 15 minutes of it before bed last night, but so far it is looking to be a great ride. Multiplayer is where MW3 shines. The tweak of making streaks based on points as opposed to kills is huge! This makes the game more accessible to people like myself whose K/D ratio is below 1 because now I don't need to have a stellar game to contribute to my team's welfare. New game modes make the multiplayer feel fresh. I love Spec Ops. I wish it allowed 4 people, but MW3 got it right to limit it to 2 players. Overall, this is the best shooter out there right now. BF3 is great and I will continue to split my gaming time between it and MW3, but MW3 is just more intense than BF3. This is a tough month to be a game. Competing with BF3, MW3, Skyrim and Halo CEA in the same month. Four great games, 3 shooters, and one epic RPG. Right now, MW3 is top of the pile. MW3 is worth the price of admission and that's not even bringing the COD Elite service into the picture. Elite makes MW3 into a social experience to rival Battlelog and Bungie's stat tracking software for Halo. This enriches the gamer's experience by providing goals, bragging opportunities, and community to the franchise. Without Elite multiplayer seems more often than not feels like playing with a bunch of selfish monkeys. With Elite, you can team up with like minded gamers and forge an experience that satisfies and builds your gaming prowess while enhancing the community of gamers as a whole.

Long story short - this game is great. Totally worth every penny. Cudos to Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward. To all the people who say people shouldn't buy this game all I have to say is "Why did you buy it then?" This game will be played by millions for years to come.
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is highly disappointing. Also, I've noticed a trend in all the cod reviews. It's basically paid critics vs user reviewers. Obviously the paid ones are going to give the game a much higher score even though it's **** and the users are going to give the game the score it deserves.
  69. neo
    Nov 8, 2011
    This thing which you maybe would call a game is horrible, the controls are bad and the same as modern warfare 2 and the singleplayer has a horrible storyline, the graphics are nothing compared to today's standard and the multiplayer is really boring. The sound is low quality and the voices are a great example of bad voice acting. I had more fun playing kane and lynch 2 than this low quality product. The magic of this game is over, future generation will laugh at us for being so hyped for a game this bad. Do not waste your 60 dollars on this piece of s**t! Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    Most overrated game in history of video games for real boring maps same sound effect same 3 years old game copy and paste I believe this is last one from activision cuz they can't milk this **** for too long I waste my money and time please don't waste your money and time I'm not bf3 fun boy don't get twisted I play all cod games but this is it I'm done.
  71. Nov 8, 2011
    Unbelievable that anyone would give this game a zero. I sense some shenanigans here.
    This game is consistent with the quality we have come to expect from Call of Duty, and it is not only a progression of the franchise but also a new benchmark for the industry. It is an undisputed masterpiece.
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    Gameplay is a step down. Shooting feels weak, maps don't feel right, animations are cluncky. I don't understand how we are suppose to pay more for this when it is clearly not what we promised when pre-ordering. Single-player game is so boring after just a little bit. Multiplayer is horrible with maps feeling cheap and firing your weapon is no fun.
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    well what can i say , they added a couple of things and resold me mw2 after 2 years i thought they could atleast add real recoil and bullet physics.
    maps are tiny while mp seems to follow the same thing -run -gun-kill -run -gun - die , then repeat.
    this is a war game ? but i still cannot use tanks and so on.
    i loved mw2 but this just feels like they put no effort in at all its as bad as
    EA adding 3 things to fifa year in year out and reselling it. Expand
  74. Nov 8, 2011
    Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehical's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain expirence. The visuals are still comparable to my Playstation 2, voice acting and sound of weaponary lack any realness in the game. There really is nothing new that this Game does that makes it worth the plastic it uses Expand
  75. Nov 8, 2011
    Ok, it's quite obvious BF3 fanbies got up early to post their zeros and most of the negative stuff is "it's the same as all the others". It's made hundreds of millions people!!!. Their hardly gonna change such a successful formula. I buy the modern warfare series of COD because I want to have a absolute blast playing a game, and this is no exception.
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Have been playing MW3 online for a few hours now and it surprised me that a game I wasn't looking forward to, at all, still was able to... disappoint me. Have seen many of the maps and I haven't felt a presence of a classic map. Running makes you wiggle like a drunk duck, reloading is much quicker than switching weapons. The thing cod "had going for it" was fast fluent game play huh? Expand
  77. Nov 8, 2011
    I have played MW and battlefield games the past few years. I was excited for both this and bf3. So far I have loved battlefield. I have played this for almost 12 hours and can say I am not a fan. It is the same thing I have played forever, looks and it doesn't even feel as good to play. I would say try it if you like past games but don't get your hopes up. I am trading it on craigslist.
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    Why does it feel like 2002 again. I bought this game with the last $60 of my welfare money, got home, only to find that i had in fact gotten Modern Warfare 2.

Well, maybe not, but it sure as hell felt the exact same. With the only addition being a badly scripted campaign full of neckbears that jump out at me from NOWHERE.

It's time to give up the game market Activision, go back to doing
    what you do best, blowing.

P.S i had to wait in a line longer than the dole queue i had subsequently stood in the same day to get this game, and it took me 1 hour to get my copy because they only had one worker on the till and she had the flu.
  79. Nov 8, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game. A complete reslin of mw2 with a bunch of terrible designed, new gamemodes. A cheap, pathetic singleplayer with unnecessary explosions and action and a stupid spec ops mode that could never replace zombies.
    The worst COD by an absolute mile, by far one of the worst games Ive played this year, TERRIBLE!
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    There's not much to say about the Call of Duty series any more. They have used the same engine for years, the game itself offers nothing to the FPS industry, let alone the gaming industry apart from disappointment. MW3 seems more of a fix for the previous games and to correct the imbalance during online gameplay. If you ignore the statements above and look at the current state of the game it seems they have been aiming more towards the casual audience with more perks for ease of play that will drive some hardcore players over the edge and seeking other FPS games. Expand
  81. Nov 8, 2011
    I liked the first Modern-Warfare. MW2 used the same formula and started to the get boring. But MW3 is the game that Call of Duty series is so overrated, it's 60 bucks MW2 DLC, a copy paste of the same game over and over again. The multi-player is unbalanced and frustating, the single is short (again).
    I played Battlefield 3 beta and I liked, it's a fun game. But I really don't like FPS,
    CoD MW3 is the same game you ever played in 2007. Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Went this morning and got it, been playing it, beat the campaign and multiplayer, and now I am returning it. I actually managed to sell it to a 13 year old's mom standing outside the local gamestop for $65 dollars because they ran out of copies. Suggest waiting a few weeks for all the lag and glitches to come out. Not worth 60 dollars.
  83. Nov 8, 2011
    Same old crap, different year. Nothing has changed. The tryhard Machinima wannabes will have a ball with this mess as quickscoping is back. Oh, the joy. Do not believe the hype.
  84. Nov 8, 2011
    terrible game, reused Graphics and buildings from MW2, boring game-play, stupid cutscences, enjoyable to play as a whole, they need to stop making CoD games, PLEASE
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    Before dropping money on this series like I have in the past I went to a friends house to check his copy out and all I can say is i'm glad I didn't buy this year. Most reviews go in depth but i'm going to give you a short but valid reason why it's not worth $60.

It's nothing more than an expansion pack. That series is going no where. Same game engine, same animations and the same sounds.
    Nothing has really changed at all and doesn't warrant a $60 price tag. Just your run of the mill generic FPS which brings NOTHING new or innovative to the table. This game feels like nothing more than an over priced map pack. Press reviews obviously feel differently but i'm a gamer, and from a gamers point of view who actually spends more time with these games than a few hours (such as the press) i'm going to be honest. This game, is garbage. Save your money and buy Battlefield if you already haven't. Expand
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    Put in the game, went straight to multilayer and it just didn't give the same feeling that mw2 did. Everything felt slow, lethargic and it just felt cheap. Graphics were surprisingly terrible. Everyone things they are not all that bad but battlefield 3 and many other games out there today are miles ahead of this. I was laughing with my friends at how poor a quality some of the textures are. They truly did copy paste almost everything from this game and just painted it a different color. As far as value goes, you are not getting your $60 worth for this game, you pay mostly for graphics when you buy a game and you clearly didn't pay for that in this one. Perfect example of quality vs. quantity, Activision just keeps pumping the games out like a mill and they keep degrading in quality as the years go by. It disappointing too because I used to love god as much as the next guy but I am gonna stick to battlefield for awhile. Time was clearly put into that game unlike this one. I am not a fanboy I am just a smart consumer. Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played all the popular modern shooters, and this is the worst of them all. It isn't a "bad" game, but it is 2011 and they are sending out a $60 map pack of MW1. Please, it is pathetic. Nothing innovative or impressing. You can buy this game in the bargain bin at Walmart for about $5.
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    This game deserves no credit at all. Its running on an idea and engine almost 5 years old. If u think thats what ur money is worth, go ahead, but the game is crap and will always be. I think its time to put an end to this very disturbing reality where developers get away with things like these, so please think twice before buying rehashed crap that will only lead to more abusive companies.
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    $60 for new box art? No thanks.
    The problem with this series isn't the number of rehashes, but their frequency. It seems like just the other day MW2 and Black Ops were released and MW3 offers no incentive to even rent the game. RIP CoD
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    The critics were paid by Activision to give this game a good rating so none of the critic reviews mean anything. The ones who you should be listening to are us. The consumers. The ones that actually have to save money because we don't have the money to just buy every game out there like those big companies do. And this game ladies and gentlemen, is just awful. Terrible graphics, boring game play (worst than Black Ops), stupid cutscenes and the multiplayer is just the worse part about this game. Save yourselves $60 and spend it on games that are actually worth spending this holiday like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim. Those games deserves your $60, not this. Expand
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    Its Modern Warfare 2 with new box art. I guess Activision assumed they could make money buy repackaging the same game. And Hell, they were right! for a company like naughty dog, this would be $10 DLC. theres no where near enough improvement to warrant spending $60. I borrowed this game from a friend thank i God i didnt waste my money.
  92. Nov 8, 2011
    Hmmm no negative reviews from critics... maybe that says something about the game. Dont listen to the whiney kids who were expecting something revolutionary. This game is solid and a lot of fun, just like the rest.
  93. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm liking this game a lot. it does what it says on the tin. If you expected it do be massively different from MW2, then I guess it was not MW3 you were expecting.

Plays well, looks good and it's fun to play.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    Unfortunately, Activision released exactly the same game for the third year in a row. Never saw that one coming.. As they have proven time after time since the merger, Activision is really only concerned with the bottom line. It's much easier to release the same game with an "upgraded" engine year after year than it is to actually create anything even close to resembling an innovative product.
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    I was soo pissed about this game i gave it a 10 on accident. This game deserves a 1 so here it is

I was kinda excited to play this game until i started playing it... I forced myself to get off BF3 to play this **** I played MW3 for 6 hours now and i am DONE Campaign- Sucks Graphics- Sucks Multiplayer-Sucks Game-Sucks Spec ops- ok Maybe they should use that BILLION dollars they make every
    year and make a new engine or better yet a new game. Cod it dead I give it a 1 for the great plan they had that made them another billion dollars MW3. Back to BF3 Expand
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    Same exact game just new maps!! I traded mine in already. Nothing
    New at All. BF is way better and I'm no fan boy but honestly
    I see activision doing the same thing they did with guitar hero trying to Put a new coat of paint on an old house !!!
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll give this game a 1 for effort. I really shouldn't because the guns, multiplayer, graphics, and perks are all the same. If you want a comparison, it would be like Justin Bieber to me. ITS **** GAY just stop this **** already. Expand
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    As much as I hate to admit it cause of my love for COD but BF3 has won me over. MW3 is good but seems nothing more than new maps and few new features. It's a glorified expansion. It's a good game but compared to the competition it loses.
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    I tried to get into this game, hoping that the critic reviews were accurate, but GOD THEY MUST BE BLIND!
    They led me to believe it would be better than BO or in the same class as Modern Warfare 2(which was my first CoD game). But to be honest I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 more, and that game was repetitive in multi-player. The multi-player was good for the first few hours then it got
    ridiculous. Like I was expecting a game that had that same original thrill as Modern Warfare, but that thrill lasted 2 rounds. Same with Co-op, which was fun for like 20 minutes. Guess Skyrim will be the only good game to come out this month. Expand
  100. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is garbage, absolutely the worst game so far, no improvement from MW1. I can't believe I thought about actually paying $60 for this garbage.
  101. Nov 8, 2011

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.