Call of Juarez Xbox 360

• Also On: PC
6.9

1. MikeG.
    Jun 6, 2007
    Great game offline and online, worth every dollar its cod2 but in the western era. Its a must play buy or rent,you wont be dissapointed.
  2. StevieB.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Buy this game! dont listen to the moron critics this game is ace! climbing up on top of a wild west bar and shooting everyone below you is immense! its so original too as you play as too characters who a both trying to kill each other! if that isnt great gaming then i dont know what is! techland should give them selves a pat on the back. they have well thought out the maps, story and Buy this game! dont listen to the moron critics this game is ace! climbing up on top of a wild west bar and shooting everyone below you is immense! its so original too as you play as too characters who a both trying to kill each other! if that isnt great gaming then i dont know what is! techland should give them selves a pat on the back. they have well thought out the maps, story and everything else! the only thing missing is side missions. for instance at that little town in the first few missions (when i say town dont think that this is a free roaming game. it is a VERY little town) you should be able to run errands or something for people. i dont like to score out of ten so id give this game 88%. the best fps on 360! please god let there be a sequel. now yall go out and buy this now ya here me. Expand
  3. juanita
    May 7, 2007
    this baby is what the xbox 360 needs. be sure to jump on this when it arrives. in a world of million shooting games, there isnt a decent western shooter...which is to me, unbelivable, considering thats where all this shooting stuff comes from. the sole purpose of the western movies is to show people getting wacked in bars and duels, indians on horses right?...we are so buried under lazerthis baby is what the xbox 360 needs. be sure to jump on this when it arrives. in a world of million shooting games, there isnt a decent western shooter...which is to me, unbelivable, considering thats where all this shooting stuff comes from. the sole purpose of the western movies is to show people getting wacked in bars and duels, indians on horses right?...we are so buried under lazer beams and made up stupid looking aliens that we forget where the nuts and bolts of action and fps games should be. so, judging from the pc version...this is gold. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2011
    Apart from I've always been saying, that you should play the games at the time they released (not 2-3 years since) this game is awesome. I played it 3 times in last 3 years on PC and XBOX360. Yes, it's not epic and not american game as well, not a blockbuster, but... It HAS soul, very big soul. Your compassion to main characters and full involvement in plot are pretty rare nowadays andApart from I've always been saying, that you should play the games at the time they released (not 2-3 years since) this game is awesome. I played it 3 times in last 3 years on PC and XBOX360. Yes, it's not epic and not american game as well, not a blockbuster, but... It HAS soul, very big soul. Your compassion to main characters and full involvement in plot are pretty rare nowadays and Call of Juarez has it all. Controls are Ok, you just need to get used to it -- just like in any other game. 10 of 10 from me. Definitely.

P.S> MC should add the reviewed game completion date to the reviews just to clear things up. There are lot of the games that shined once in the past and you'll never touch them today just to keep that airy nostalgic feeling of something beautiful and unique. Something you'll never feel again...
  5. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game not afraid to take chances and have fun with itself. The atmosphere is excellent, thanks to a great cinematic score and a great variety of gameplay including horses, dueling, stealth and flat-out action. Expand
  6. FPSMaster
    Jun 18, 2007
    I don't really know if I should review this since I only played it for about 30 minutes, but that's all it took for me to see this game was crap. It had really nice lighting and graphics, the controls were OK if a little clunky, but the shooting just felt boring and the way the game is designed is you have to do very linear objectives or you die instantly. I started off moving I don't really know if I should review this since I only played it for about 30 minutes, but that's all it took for me to see this game was crap. It had really nice lighting and graphics, the controls were OK if a little clunky, but the shooting just felt boring and the way the game is designed is you have to do very linear objectives or you die instantly. I started off moving around in the first level, I went through the training course and after about 10 minutes of just walking around looking for the objective because the game tells you nothing remotely close to where the supposed objective is. I finally figured this out and finished it, walked into a town, went up to see a hooker, had to jump out a window, then another objective told me to sneak out of town as I was being chased. After about another 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to sneak out of town with 4 people standing in my line of sight, I figured it out. As a sneaked out, those 4 guys started chasing me and I had triggered a terribly long chase scene along the edge of a cliff that seemed to have spots you had to just fall down. I died at least 5 times during this linear objective and said to Hell with it. A note to developers: if you're gonna make your game as linear as a PS1 game, you need to give the player some kind of freaking idea what they are supposed to do and not make the only single way you can go hidden from the player. The fact that such a linear game can keep you looking for the next place to go for 10 minutes is mindboggling. In the end, this was a nice looking game marred by terribly linear and unforgiving, boring gameplay. It's up there with Vampire Rain and Bomberman for worst games on 360. Expand
  7. CraigK.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Beautiful looking landscapes and seemed to have a lot of promise. But the gameplay was lousy, the controls felt clunky and really, the opening level was horrid. Rent this first before you decide to own!
  8. May 17, 2012
    I heard about Call of Juarez soon after finishing a game called Gun, and I spent months looking for it. Then finally in the clearance section of a music store I found Call of Juarez for $20. I got home, played it for an hour, then never touched it again. The voice acting is so horrible I hope they're not professionals, Ubisoft must have rounded up a bunch of artists and programmers andI heard about Call of Juarez soon after finishing a game called Gun, and I spent months looking for it. Then finally in the clearance section of a music store I found Call of Juarez for $20. I got home, played it for an hour, then never touched it again. The voice acting is so horrible I hope they're not professionals, Ubisoft must have rounded up a bunch of artists and programmers and made them read the lines. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    You may notice I am writing this review in 2013 when most are from 2007, this is when I played the game and I have to say it has not aged well, all I can say is it is a western romp if you are looking for that sort of thing and whilst I could go without having played it, completing it did make the storyline for it's sequel bound in blood more interesting.
  10. ChadH.
    Jul 19, 2007
    This game starts out slow but definitely develops into a fun experience. The levels vary, I didnt care much for the exploration levels but overall they help create an atmosphere for when the bullets start flying. The storyline is so lame that it's cool.
  11. ChrisS.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Not so bad considering the fact that the Western genre has never really bin exploited or fully fleshed out in video games. It's nice to see this as a solid if not flawed diversion from the Call of Duty's and Halo knock-offs lying aaround on store shelves. I'd recomend it for those who've worn out their copies of Halo and Call Of Duty 3.
  12. Argonaut74
    Sep 5, 2007
    All I have to say, is that for the ten minutes I tried playing this game: 1. I fell down a steep slope breaking my neck 3 times 2. Got caught and told off by a farmer about six times. This was the training level and it frustrated me to no end.
    Then when I couldn't kill any NPCs I got really pissed. So I started throwing bottles and mugs at them. The game explained that this was not allowed. So after throwing one more jug at a guy's head, it ended and told me that harming innocents or horses in this game is not allowed. R u Serious? I Quit and uninstalled it.
  13. davee
    Jul 26, 2009
    Call of Juarez 2 Bound In Blood is one of the best western games made to date. The story is amazing, the graphics are really good, the online has more replay than most online games and the single player experience keeps you wanting more and more. CoJ BiB is the prequel to the first CoJ and it is soo much better. You dont have to play the first CoJ to get the story but if you do the story Call of Juarez 2 Bound In Blood is one of the best western games made to date. The story is amazing, the graphics are really good, the online has more replay than most online games and the single player experience keeps you wanting more and more. CoJ BiB is the prequel to the first CoJ and it is soo much better. You dont have to play the first CoJ to get the story but if you do the story is soo much better the second time. In CoJ BiB you can play as either Reverand Ray [oops Ray dont wann give to much away] or Thomas, Rays brother in each level. They both have different abilities and each level can be done 2 times to get different gameplay experiences. The levels are well done and there are new duels in the game. The user must walk left to right and control the height and reach of the characters hand when trying to draw the gun in a duel. The online part of the game is even better than the first game as well as it feels like a western Call Of Duty. The online offers up to 12 different characters to choose and some are unlockable through in game points given on how well the user does. Each Character can also be upgraded 3 times but this only occurs in the current game playing. meaning that everytime you start online with a character you start at level 1 but can upgrade to 3 or legendary in game. Other game modes online include deathmatch, team deathmatch, Wanted, and Wild West Legends which includes real life battles that were faught, like Billy the Kid vs Pat Garret and company, The Dalton Brothers raiding banks and so on. If you like westerns and are into unique stories as well as a game that truly has a great replay value than Call of Juarez Bound in Blood is for you. Expand
  14. SD.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Good game ! Enjoying each and every minutes of it ! Unique style, have control of two different characters. Graphics are really good...remind me of Oblivion. Beautiful landscapes and atmospherics effects. A great shooter with variety and substance.
  15. Apr 11, 2015
    This game is awesome if you like old westerns 8 or 9 out of 10, if you don't about 7 out of 10 great atmosphere, great storyline, fun gameplay (not as good as some of the other FPSs out there though), the two protagonists handle differently one is more stealth based but can fight for short periods of time, the other is more direct and can use a Bible to distract people, decant graphics.This game is awesome if you like old westerns 8 or 9 out of 10, if you don't about 7 out of 10 great atmosphere, great storyline, fun gameplay (not as good as some of the other FPSs out there though), the two protagonists handle differently one is more stealth based but can fight for short periods of time, the other is more direct and can use a Bible to distract people, decant graphics. But not worth amazon.com's asking price of $55, get it of the Xbox store for $10 Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Call of Juarez could've been a uniquely hard-boiled journey through the late 1800s, but it kicks up too much distracting dust to be worth the trip. [July 2007, p.78]
  3. If Call of Juarez skipped its forgettable multiplayer and adopted a sandbox world more like Oblivion with fleshed out areas to explore and side missions, it could have been the gunslinger I’ve been waiting for all these years. As it stands, it’s a respectable if unambitious title that should tide over Western fans until the holy grail of six shooters rides into town.