• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 7, 2007
  • Also On: PC
6.8

1. Jul 3, 2011
    Apart from I've always been saying, that you should play the games at the time they released (not 2-3 years since) this game is awesome. I played it 3 times in last 3 years on PC and XBOX360. Yes, it's not epic and not american game as well, not a blockbuster, but... It HAS soul, very big soul. Your compassion to main characters and full involvement in plot are pretty rare nowadays and Call of Juarez has it all. Controls are Ok, you just need to get used to it -- just like in any other game. 10 of 10 from me. Definitely.

P.S> MC should add the reviewed game completion date to the reviews just to clear things up. There are lot of the games that shined once in the past and you'll never touch them today just to keep that airy nostalgic feeling of something beautiful and unique. Something you'll never feel again...
  2. May 17, 2012
    I heard about Call of Juarez soon after finishing a game called Gun, and I spent months looking for it. Then finally in the clearance section of a music store I found Call of Juarez for $20. I got home, played it for an hour, then never touched it again. The voice acting is so horrible I hope they're not professionals, Ubisoft must have rounded up a bunch of artists and programmers and made them read the lines. Expand
  3. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game not afraid to take chances and have fun with itself. The atmosphere is excellent, thanks to a great cinematic score and a great variety of gameplay including horses, dueling, stealth and flat-out action. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2013
    You may notice I am writing this review in 2013 when most are from 2007, this is when I played the game and I have to say it has not aged well, all I can say is it is a western romp if you are looking for that sort of thing and whilst I could go without having played it, completing it did make the storyline for it's sequel bound in blood more interesting.

1. Call of Juarez could've been a uniquely hard-boiled journey through the late 1800s, but it kicks up too much distracting dust to be worth the trip. [July 2007, p.78]
  3. If Call of Juarez skipped its forgettable multiplayer and adopted a sandbox world more like Oblivion with fleshed out areas to explore and side missions, it could have been the gunslinger I’ve been waiting for all these years. As it stands, it’s a respectable if unambitious title that should tide over Western fans until the holy grail of six shooters rides into town.