5.5

1. Apr 18, 2011
    FAMILY FUN AND PARTY ENTERTAINMENT

(aka...Kinect Adventures 2) This has been one of my purchases for Kinect this weekend along with Michael Jackson: The Experience. While the latter provides a nice breakaway from Dance Central, this one again will provide variation on Kinect Adventures. Both new releases almost come close to leveling both their predecessors on par...almost. After having
    FAMILY FUN AND PARTY ENTERTAINMENT

(aka...Kinect Adventures 2)

After having bought Carnival Games I was rather anxious to try the gameplay out at home, fearing I might have just wasted my money on a dud. I am happy to report though that I'm rather impressed with this game as it will definitely go down with family "functions" and game nights for everyone. This title definitely delivers on the Kinect experience.

Gameplay - Carnival Games feature mini games, in fact 20 of them, which you can play single or with another. This was done pretty well and the second person can join very easily and opt out just as easily. My wife and I got this going for a while and were pretty impressed by the co-op ability.

Games are similarly structured to that of Kinect Adventures. Menus are easy to navigate and not that complicated as other Kinect titles have proven.

I don't have much negative feedback for this game, as I truly didn't expect a masterpiece. This is entertainment for everyone after all. My wife and I agreed that Wii will have to shape up on this front if it want's to keep the family from leaving their "experience", as we also have a Wii at home and since Kinect has come out we have not used the Wii for family entertainment again...a little sad though as it gave us hours of fun with Wii Resort and other titles. As long as Kinect regulates the release of these games to ensure they aren't all released at the same time, the market should not be saturated by ttiles such as Kinect Adventures and now Carnival Games soon. The only problem being that of quality as other titles have proven to lack recently.

Overall, a good buy. For kids to enjoy, families to hang loose a little, and a crazy addition when the 'party' gets stale.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Some of the games seem similar to one another, and occasionally you'll find yourself frustrated at a performance, but the younger gamers to whom this is geared will almost assuredly have a blast.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK