Chromehounds Xbox 360

• Release Date: Jul 11, 2006
7.1

1. JacobV.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Doesn't seem like a "pick up and play" game. I rented this and didn't have the patience. It takes forever to get anywhere. I think my problem was that I wanted to build my own mech, but I couldn't get my hands on enough parts. I'll stick to the fast paced MechAssault games.
  2. Max
    Aug 3, 2007
    For those who don't have Xbox Live, this game is a waste of money. But online it's a different story. It is fun to customize your own hound and give it your own color pattern and emblems for everyone else to see. Every hound is different. The achievements are fun to unlock and the graphics are good. It's not the fastest game though. The mechs are incredibly slow and the For those who don't have Xbox Live, this game is a waste of money. But online it's a different story. It is fun to customize your own hound and give it your own color pattern and emblems for everyone else to see. Every hound is different. The achievements are fun to unlock and the graphics are good. It's not the fastest game though. The mechs are incredibly slow and the fights usually come down to aiming at far distances and whoever wins probably just built a better hound than you. Expand
  3. May 27, 2014
    Would give an 8 or so for the Multi. 7 or maybe 6 for Single/Campaign. However, with the servers now being down (I miss you, Chromehounds) my favorite builds are unplayable (due to some parts being from the 'online' portion) in Campaign. Oh well, still one of my fav mech games, so many hours in the garage!
  4. AnthonyW.
    Aug 14, 2006
    I am a sucker for mech games; however there are other things to consider. Obviously there are a few flaws to look at. First off the non-Live game play (training mode) is both frustrating and boring. The story can be easily passed by with out a look back. Some of the missions would make you believe that your mech has some sort of speed associated with it when it comes to having you move to I am a sucker for mech games; however there are other things to consider. Obviously there are a few flaws to look at. First off the non-Live game play (training mode) is both frustrating and boring. The story can be easily passed by with out a look back. Some of the missions would make you believe that your mech has some sort of speed associated with it when it comes to having you move to different places on the map. There where several missions that would advise you to move to a location to defend it or for the best firing positions but by the time you made it to the location you fail the mission. I understand this is Mech chess and not Armored Core reaction based Gundam Wing fighting, so I don Expand
  5. Andyman
    Jul 21, 2006
    I will be a happy man the day From Software starts making their mech games as fun to play as they are to look at. Where is the head's-up target acquisition system? Where are the elaborate next-gen explosions? Where is the intuitive mech design and customization interface? Simply put, WHERE IS THE FUN? You'd think that From Software would have this genre completely mastered by I will be a happy man the day From Software starts making their mech games as fun to play as they are to look at. Where is the head's-up target acquisition system? Where are the elaborate next-gen explosions? Where is the intuitive mech design and customization interface? Simply put, WHERE IS THE FUN? You'd think that From Software would have this genre completely mastered by now. After all, they've been making mech games for over a decade now. Chromehounds is a heavy-mech-sized disappointment. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (0/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (0/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (0/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (0/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

1. Overall the gameplay is pretty forgettable and is only saved by the interesting ideas presented online. [JPN Import]
  2. Chromehounds is really, really, really boring to play...Not one that I can imagine Xbox 360 players sticking with for more than a handful of hours tops, no matter how starved they are for new releases at the moment.
    Unfortunately, with such drab presentation and predictable gameplay, there isn't enough to sustain interest for long.