6.0

1. ChrisS
    Jul 12, 2010
    If you liked the original then you will like this one since its not very different. They improved a few things but failed in some areas too. I would recommend waiting till it drops to the $30 price range since it will be dropping soon...believe me.
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    This game is truly terrible. I wish I had not rented it and donated my money to charity. Go here, stand on this blue thing and repeat 1,000 times. There, I just saved you 9 bucks at blockbuster. Finding a way to get to the rooftop where the blue beacon was became a nightmare. The best part of the game is the leaping, it's like the game didn't want you to have fun. I hope RuffianThis game is truly terrible. I wish I had not rented it and donated my money to charity. Go here, stand on this blue thing and repeat 1,000 times. There, I just saved you 9 bucks at blockbuster. Finding a way to get to the rooftop where the blue beacon was became a nightmare. The best part of the game is the leaping, it's like the game didn't want you to have fun. I hope Ruffian Games goes out of business after this one.

I have had more fun at church.
  3. Sep 9, 2011
    A truly pathetic sequel.A rehashed,rushed abomination and THE example how not to make a game.Set in the same,unchanged city as the first game,C2 fails on every level.Stick to the first game please.
  4. Oct 16, 2010
    i felt the original Crackdown was good, but too short. I was anxiously awaiting the release of Crackdown 2. I could not have been anymore disappointed. The 2nd one sucked and was too long. too many repeatative missions to drag out a long inevitable end. I completed the game w/o getting the helicopter because my agility wasn't high. and the movie at the end made me say "WTF" who wasi felt the original Crackdown was good, but too short. I was anxiously awaiting the release of Crackdown 2. I could not have been anymore disappointed. The 2nd one sucked and was too long. too many repeatative missions to drag out a long inevitable end. I completed the game w/o getting the helicopter because my agility wasn't high. and the movie at the end made me say "WTF" who was that chick? Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    They took Crackdown and removed features, and didn't add ANYTHING. The entire game is just the one mission, go stand on 9 different pads for 30 seconds each. That's it. That's the whole game.

Have fun.
  6. firesnotrose
    Jul 7, 2010
    The graphics were huge disappointment and I agree with the other commenter that the game feels rushed. No polish no shine, very very bad controls/targeting system.I have never played a game so awful. Bad guys from across the board shoot you while you choose cover. Vehicle placed haphazardly, Come on a in a rigg that so happens to be placed on a side of a building? Bad story bad voice The graphics were huge disappointment and I agree with the other commenter that the game feels rushed. No polish no shine, very very bad controls/targeting system.I have never played a game so awful. Bad guys from across the board shoot you while you choose cover. Vehicle placed haphazardly, Come on a in a rigg that so happens to be placed on a side of a building? Bad story bad voice overs. I am so glad i didn't buy this game!!! Avoid this at all cost, seriously!!! Expand
  7. AndrewT
    Jul 8, 2010
    Crackdown 2 was a big dissapointment for me. Ruffian in my opinion was a poor choice for a game franchise like crackdown. I'll start on the pros since there are not too many of them... It had a good base story, freaks all over the place and rising terror group. okay, cool. I get to play dead rising and grand theft auto in one game! unfortunately, the actual plot did not meet my Crackdown 2 was a big dissapointment for me. Ruffian in my opinion was a poor choice for a game franchise like crackdown. I'll start on the pros since there are not too many of them... It had a good base story, freaks all over the place and rising terror group. okay, cool. I get to play dead rising and grand theft auto in one game! unfortunately, the actual plot did not meet my expectations. I also liked flying the helicopter, but thats about it. There were no boss battles (dont even tell me that freak agents were bosses because they werent anything special), renegade orbs were just stupid, i beat the game in 8 hours, gameplay was too easy. oh and the ending. people dont even need a summary since it was 15 seconds anyway. "Nice job agent!" oh s**t, its catalina thorne! get her! *slice splat boom* game over". Expand
  8. Justin
    Jul 6, 2010
    This is a horrible game, that is actually worst than the first game. It literally looks like a N64 game on the XboX 360, are you freaking kidding me Ruffian Games? How could Microsoft let this crap come out, in this day and age? Its nothing but a quick cash-in sequel, which doesn't even live up to the low standards of the first game!
  9. EricM
    Jul 6, 2010
    This game is not what everyone was saying it was going to be. this game is horrible, its crackdown1.001. crackdown with monsters and same graphics and gameplay. this game goes nowhere.
  10. HurpJunior
    Jul 7, 2010
    Horrible compared to the first one. And look at the reviews which are giving it 80+ scores, most of them are Xbox 360-based magazines and stuff. They're totally biased because it's an exclusive. But compared to Crackdown 1, it's really just quite bad.
  11. RonaldD
    Jul 7, 2010
    You have to be borderline insane to buy this piece of sh%t at full price. Officially the WORST sequel ever created by not only failing to produce any significant improvements....but also by ruining things that worked in the first one. I've learnt my lesson the hard way, do yourself a favor and avoid the same fate.
  12. MattS.
    Jul 6, 2010
    How can someone give this game more than a 5? The first game is by far more superior and fun. This game obviously looks rushed. In Multiplayer there are lock on targeting, which makes to game extremely unenjoyable. Don't waste your time buying this atrocity, it belongs in the trash.
  13. JenK.
    Jul 6, 2010
    Okay. So bought the first game last week, in anticipation for this. Not happy. It's the same... but worse? I've just spent like 20hours on the first, so I can make a fair assessment, and say this game is much worse. You lose a lot of freedom, and the combat is well - a lot more boring. It's just repetative, kill everyone here... kill everyone there... that's it. Sure Okay. So bought the first game last week, in anticipation for this. Not happy. It's the same... but worse? I've just spent like 20hours on the first, so I can make a fair assessment, and say this game is much worse. You lose a lot of freedom, and the combat is well - a lot more boring. It's just repetative, kill everyone here... kill everyone there... that's it. Sure the first game didn't offer much else either but the assassination vs human missions at least offered a decent element of strategy in the approaches. This is just mind numbing, tedium at this stage. Seriously! It opens up with killing crap for 10minutes... I was bored, at the end of that 10 minutes. Hopefully I can get some kind of refund. Expand
  14. JoshC
    Jul 8, 2010
    I was so excited about this game and couldn't wait to play it but now that I have, I wish I rented the game. This is such crap to sell a game like this and charge full price. Should of been an add-on. The only thing that is fun about the game is the orbs, and the wingsuit thats sad. I would rather buy the first one again and play it than this. Its the same game. The only reason I can I was so excited about this game and couldn't wait to play it but now that I have, I wish I rented the game. This is such crap to sell a game like this and charge full price. Should of been an add-on. The only thing that is fun about the game is the orbs, and the wingsuit thats sad. I would rather buy the first one again and play it than this. Its the same game. The only reason I can stand playing it is because of the co-op. Don't buy this game, just rent it. Don't give money to companies that do a sequel thats worst than the first one. Expand
  15. JasonK.
    Jul 8, 2010
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It's a lazy Cash-n-grab from Ruffian and Microsoft. You people are out of your minds that have rated this 2 or above. THE ONLY REASON YOU FIND IT FUN is because there is nothing else out. Or you have awful tastes. You people are the reason Hollywood keeps remaking movies. "I thought Karate Kid was good, the critics are dumb". Right, did you like how he was in DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It's a lazy Cash-n-grab from Ruffian and Microsoft. You people are out of your minds that have rated this 2 or above. THE ONLY REASON YOU FIND IT FUN is because there is nothing else out. Or you have awful tastes. You people are the reason Hollywood keeps remaking movies. "I thought Karate Kid was good, the critics are dumb". Right, did you like how he was in China and he would have learned KUNG FU, a totally different fighting style. This is the laziest effort I've seen in my gaming history outside of Wolfenstein and Bioshock2. No car transformations, useless hordes of zombies ( Jesus, come on gaming industry with the freaking zombie thing). Oh, and did I mention ORBS are sometimes in the exact or close location they were in the original?? Try and argue that. One thing assured, this game is getting traded in quickly and there probably won't be a Crackdown 3 because hopefully it will create a poo storm that will swallow Ruffian. Microsoft- not so much. As indicated by the mindless slugs who gave this game a decent score. Expand
  16. JamieL
    Jul 9, 2010
    One of the worst sequels in the history of gaming. And THE worst sequel of this generation. What I don't get is that they thought the original was such a great game. In reality, most people bought this to play the Halo 3 Beta. And Ruffian actually made this one WORSE! This game is a total RIP OFF! DO NOT BUY!!
  17. Mar 13, 2011
    The mindless ground stomping and car throwing is fun for a little while but as with many sandbox games, when you are done causing chaos what do you do? This isn't helped by the fact that the city is the exact same city that featured in the original Crackdown. Speaking of which, the city is given a brown tinge that is sickening to look at and seeing how the game is not visually impressive,The mindless ground stomping and car throwing is fun for a little while but as with many sandbox games, when you are done causing chaos what do you do? This isn't helped by the fact that the city is the exact same city that featured in the original Crackdown. Speaking of which, the city is given a brown tinge that is sickening to look at and seeing how the game is not visually impressive, succeeds in dragging it down further. The three groups from Crackdown 1 are replaced with one gang, robbing the game of the personality given by the variety of villains. Crackdown 2 has the feel of a rushed game and does not have enough new ideas to justify its transition into a full priced game. Expand

1. Crackdown 2 looks sharper, the action is fiercer and the increased number of players pays dividends. Despite all this, we can't shake the feeling that it isn't the monumental sequel that the series deserved. The over-familiarity of Pacific City and the cropping of key features like the gangs and transforming vehicles will leave some Agency veterans feeling a little bit disappointed.
  2. It's gets a tad dull by the end of the game, and as your character levels up, it becomes less of a challenge as well (unless you're on harder difficulties, naturally).
  3. If you're coming into the series afresh, Crackdown 2 is well worth checking out, but for those of us who have patiently waited over three years for a sequel, it's a mild disappointment.