6.0

1. Jan 20, 2011
    I almost didn't buy this game because of negative reviews - but I sure am glad I DID buy it. I love this game for all kinds of reasons. I think the graphics are colorful, sharp, clear. The action is non-stop. If they had put in 3 gangs again like last game, then that just would've been the same thing again. So I guess Ruffian decided to have just one gang "Cell". And Cell can be very tough, especially when there are a lot of snipers and guys firing rockets at you. I've played a lot of games like Gears of War, Fallout, Dead Space, Starcraft II, and I can honestly say I really enjoyed Crackdown 2 just as much as those other games. There is something really addictive about the game - collecting all those orbs, trying to get all your skills to the max, and those boot thrusters are awesome. Well done Ruffian Studios, don't listen to those fussy grumps who don't like this game. Can't wait for Crackdown 3 - YeeHaw! Expand
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    As I didn't have the original I can provide a rating for this game in its own right , without being angry that it is apparently rather similar to its predecessor.
    The Free roam is brilliant and you can have hours of fun jumping from building in a large open world city.Killing zombies is fun and doesn't get old quickly like in some games. Co - op is great with 'craziness' and fun on a level
    with Saints Row 2.There are hours of play to be had across the games multiple game modes and if you are going to pick up a second hand game to play soon , I recommend this one. Expand
  3. Feb 19, 2014
    I love this game, all the comparisons to the first game are void, this one has a better more detailed world, a new challenge, better physics and more weapons. Need I say more. Much better than the first one (which was amazing btw.)

1. Crackdown 2 looks sharper, the action is fiercer and the increased number of players pays dividends. Despite all this, we can't shake the feeling that it isn't the monumental sequel that the series deserved. The over-familiarity of Pacific City and the cropping of key features like the gangs and transforming vehicles will leave some Agency veterans feeling a little bit disappointed.
  2. It's gets a tad dull by the end of the game, and as your character levels up, it becomes less of a challenge as well (unless you're on harder difficulties, naturally).
  3. If you're coming into the series afresh, Crackdown 2 is well worth checking out, but for those of us who have patiently waited over three years for a sequel, it's a mild disappointment.