7.6

1. Nov 5, 2010
    This game is most definitely the best display of what the Kinect can do. Not only that, but it is the best dancing game ever made. Sure, the options may be light, but it actually works. I'm glad the folks at Harmonix decided to focus on making the core gameplay great. Looking forward to Dance Central 2 and the inevitable Career Mode that will come with it.
  2. Dec 13, 2010
    So i bought Kinect with Kinect Sports and DAnce Central.
    Firt i played Kinect Sports and it was horrible. It was like 2006 i started playing Wii and back than it was something new.
    The firt try was great, amazing and fun. Now with Kinect it was a pain in my ass when i tried boxing, soccer and the other sports.
    Okay i was shocked first but i said to myself:
    Not so bad maybe Dance Central
    will be better.
    I started Dance Central and i was shocked. Again some very poor rehash from a Wiigame with a few better graphics and awfull control. So i bought Kinect for 150 bucks with a game for 200 to get a god damn copy of a system i allready have.
  3. Dec 12, 2010
    this game is the only reason why people should buy a Kinect. despite minor glitches with trying to capture motion, the potential of controller-less gaming is on full display with it. Dance Central has a fairly good choice of songs to dance to and the DLC's are worth paying for. it's the perfect party game for spacious living rooms with solid entertainment systems. it won't improve one's dancing skills or work up a sweat (unless you play 2 hrs straight on hard), but i like how it teaches simple dance moves and i bet users of this game will spot gym group class instructors or party-going clubbers who have stolen a few moves by playing Dance Central. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2010
    Easily the best game game on Kinect that I've seen so far, with great tracking, bumping tracks, and a game that will get the blood pumping. Harmonix really did a great job in getting this game complete as a launch title, with such polish and style...the true must have for Kinect. Dance Central 2 is going to really be a marvel, when it eventually launches either next holiday season or the one after. Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2010
    For sure the best Kinect game so far. From a tech point of view the most simple Kinect game out there (avatars don't follow you, you have to follow avatars), but it is a refreshing experience delivering fun, only fun!
  6. Nov 9, 2010
    Played it all weekend with the kids. Wore them out. Wore me out. And a ton of fun. I especially enjoyed it when the Kinect took actual video of us dancing. My only complaint, while I fully recognize at 40-something I'm not the target audience, I do wish there was some music more to my taste.
  7. Nov 14, 2010
    PRESENTATION GRAPHICS/STYLE: It is not a graphically intense game but it has got awesome visual style and effects. Dance Central gives the vibes of urban hip-hop and pop culture settings and styles. You will be dancing in the streets, clubs, or even on stage. Each avatar dancer has their own personality, and by default, each song is tied to a specific dancer. It is a very pretty and streamlined interface that gets the job done. STORY: There is really no story to follow in this game. Those avatars are just very eager to get on the dance floor and bust some moves. It would have been great to add story modes to each avatar. SOUND: There is a good variety of songs from all the danceable genres (Hip-Hop, Pop, Electronica, and others) and a pretty high chance you have heard some of them like Just Dance, Drop It Like Its Hot, or Satisfaction Expand
  8. Nov 25, 2010
    Definately the best Kinect launch title, with a nice set of songs, a polished look, compelling graphics and solid skeletal tracking. Fun for all ages and can teach a guy with two left feet some dance moves.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    Good stuff: Surprisingly fun. surprisingly good workout stuff i wish it had: wish it had more than 33 songs. also wish it had on-line multiplayer and an editor so you could make up your own routines with your own music. Details: Got it kuz it was a freebie at old navy for black friday thinking "well, it may be worth the achievements" but it's way, way better (and more fun) than i'd thought. you can do 4 player locally (2 teams, 1 player at a time) if you do a dance battle. way fun, great for parties with good friends. surprisingly tiring too. if you're lazy don't pick this one up :) Expand
  10. Jan 23, 2011
    Shows how great the kinect gets... Good songs and great calabration and tons of fun with great graphics.. hope to see more like this for the kinect...
  11. May 21, 2011
    Pros: Re-playability is the biggest pro this game has to offer. Over 40 Songs at 3 difficulties a piece. The song choices are fun to play and diverse. Character changing, although not affecting the game itself in any way make you feel slightly more attached to it. Dance Central is for dance rookies to excellent dancers making it for just about everyone..Another thing I though was fun was the freestyle segment which records the dancer and plays it in fast motion for about a 5 second clip.

Cons: The game has something called Workout mode, which is a bit difficult to find but fun to use. It tracks the calorie burning throughout your gameplay. An issue I find with most kinect games is the inability to choose where you wish to store photos and videos taken by the kinect itself, Dance Central seems to only store one 5 second clip at a time and overwrites the previous one...which takes away from the fun it could be to watch different clips. Overall" The game is fun and I could definitely recommend it to other gamers. Easy chevos too!
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    I wish this game was never created, because of how much fun it is for all of my friends and family which then forces me to partake in a dance off with videos and photos. This is the best game out there on Kinect.
  13. May 1, 2013
    I would give it a 9.5. but 9 is the only way to get 9.5. The multiplayer is not that good. but the normal gameplay is Amazing. different to Just Dance 4. as of if you have trouble with a song you can go to Break It Down mode. and the flashing red limbs when you are off. but in Just Dance you get nothing like that. AND the FreeStyle thing in the middle of each song also helps.
  14. Dec 30, 2012
    Who put this together???!!! Obviously not a dancer who knows how to teach!
    This is SO about making money. Anyone who has danced knows you have to give basics especially to non-dancers; 1. count out the moves: 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and... and must show more than 2 or 3 actual steps when showing the move initially, and more than once before going into it.
    2. state how many moves there
    are and in what sequence; i.e. Evacuate the Dance Floor: 8 ganks, 8 smush, 8 tap fronts, 6 double p e's, etc.???? There is NOTHING to guide one as to how many of each step to do and in what sequence to do them in.
    And the "performance" cannot be slowed down to get that information. Obviously the people who put this together were only interested in getting it out for the $$$, not teaching which is a real shame. Would be really confusing for anyone who doesn't know how to dance, learn steps and do a full routine.
  15. Jun 18, 2014
    Great example of what the kinect was made for, so much better than the imitation games used on the wii, especially since it requires and analyzes full body usage. Great variety of music, difficulty and options.

1. Jan 11, 2011
    Dance Central is a lot of fun, and it'll make you appreciate dancing more, but the lack of worthwhile multiplayer is very disappointing.
  2. Jan 5, 2011
    If you have a Kinect and are looking for a fantastic party game, don't hesitate to pick up Dance Central and start shaking your booty!
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    In the end, Dance Central is definitely the best dance game on the Kinect and really showcases the Kinect quite well.