7.8

1. Feb 24, 2012
    OMFG!! This game is by FAR the most UNDERRATED game this gen! Its a **** amazing game.. I dont know why some people hate it, i recommend every "REAL" gamer to buy this AMAZING MASTERPIECE!!!
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    Darksiders is by FAR the most UNDERRATED game this gen! Its an amazing game.. I dont know why some people hate it, i recommend every "REAL" game to buy this AMAZING game
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved it! Some people bash it because it feels like a Zelda game but for the grown ups. Which is fine with me because I haven't liked any zelda game since a link to the past, to childish I guess. Good story, again I loved it, and am awaiting the Sequel.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

One of the BEST games ever.. Simply AMAZING! The story is really, the characters are really likeable, and the game is FUN,, i recommend this game to EVERYONE!
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    Great game nothing similar matches it on the 360 for sheer scale, visceral combat and a great story. Reminds me of soul reaver which is a classic. Can't wait for darksiders 2!!
  6. Jun 23, 2011
    I didn't know what to expect when picking up Darksiders, I'd heard things such as "it's Devil May Cry meets Zelda" and after extensive hours of playing that statement is definitely true, however that doesn't make the game unoriginal or stale at all. In fact it combines everything so well that the game feels like a unique experience despite the fact that it barely does anything new. TheI didn't know what to expect when picking up Darksiders, I'd heard things such as "it's Devil May Cry meets Zelda" and after extensive hours of playing that statement is definitely true, however that doesn't make the game unoriginal or stale at all. In fact it combines everything so well that the game feels like a unique experience despite the fact that it barely does anything new. The one-button combat system can be a little frustrating for someone like me where it takes a while to get the rhythm down for different attack moves but once you nail it the combat feels incredibly satisfying. The puzzles aren't too difficult but they do engage you enough so that you actually have to apply some thought which is something that seems to be lacking from most games these days. All in all this is easily one of the best games I've picked up in a while and I'd seriously recommend buying it. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    A surprise hit for mine.Take control of War,a horseman of the apocalypse and fight your way through varied and detailed levels in search of the answer of who began the End Times early,and framed you for it.An excellent art style and good combat and upgrades have made me look towards the sequel with anticipation.
  8. May 10, 2011
    Fanboys with the progressive mindset will hate on this game (many, seemingly, without even having played it) just because it doesn't really bring anything revolutionary/new to gamers. And now the big debate seems to surround the comments originally made by a reviewer for IGN, who stated that it's a hybrid of God of War and Zelda. Well here's the deal, folks: this game is Zelda meetsFanboys with the progressive mindset will hate on this game (many, seemingly, without even having played it) just because it doesn't really bring anything revolutionary/new to gamers. And now the big debate seems to surround the comments originally made by a reviewer for IGN, who stated that it's a hybrid of God of War and Zelda. Well here's the deal, folks: this game is Zelda meets Dante's Inferno (or God of War, although I've only played the first installment). Yes, it doesn't bring anything new, but it's classic action-adventure fun. Enjoyed this more than Devil May Cry 4 or Bayonetta, which also seem to draw comparisons to Darksiders, but I found those 2 games to be extremely difficult and not as enjoyable. Yes, there are times where there is screen-tearing but I don't notice it because I don't seek it out to point to as a fault. Any jaggies or visual defects are minor and should, by no means, "ruin your experience" (as one reviewer put it). Play on Apocalyptic mode the first playthrough, IMO, because Easy and Normal are *too* easy. Verdict: If you've read "God of War meets Zelda" and that idea excites you, then play Darksiders. The IGN writer got that comparison spot on, and now that the game is available for $20 brand new, you'll surely find Darksiders to be one of your best value-to-fun ratio purchases that you've had for your Xbox 360. Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    Darksiders is great. There is kind of an open-world (pretty small compared to sandbox games, but big enough for this one) that you can explore while doing the main story, and as you proceed you will find collectibles that you will be able to get only when you unlock a special kind of gear. The collectibles you will have to get are very worthy, as they help increasing your maximum life,Darksiders is great. There is kind of an open-world (pretty small compared to sandbox games, but big enough for this one) that you can explore while doing the main story, and as you proceed you will find collectibles that you will be able to get only when you unlock a special kind of gear. The collectibles you will have to get are very worthy, as they help increasing your maximum life, wrath (so you can use special abilities), pieces of Abyssal Armor (if you get all the pieces you will unlock the armor and you can import it for later playthroughs) and artifacts that you can switch for souls (which you also find in chests and killing enemies) and is the game's currency so you can buy upgrades and others with Vulgrim, a kind of demon (?) that is in most of the game's locations. Gears are awesome, there's from a crossblade which you can lock on to enemies to a kind of portal gun to solve puzzles, about 6 different gears. There are a primary weapon, the Chaoseater Blade, and two secondary, the Scythe and the Tremor Gauntlets, and plenty of combos for you to do with them (so the combat is not repetitive as many say), and more that you can buy with Vulgrim. Story is not perfect, but still great, and the main missions take you about 15 hours to do. Graphics are amazing, there is screen tearing but it doesn't bother you much, and the locals are just beautiful, from open places with waterfalls and grass to caves with big spiders. You will find a lot to unlock, the collectibles and some challenging achievements. This game is not perfect (as none is), and may borrow elements from other games, but is incredibly fun and you will find yourself coming back for more. An underrated title and a must buy for every hack and slash fan. Expand
  10. May 1, 2012
    Created by the talented team of Vigil Games and Joe Madueira, Darksiders is a real treat for the senses. The art direction is just superb, the gamedesign well executed, the combat is challenging and satisfying and the main character has just the right amount of "bad ass". The apocalyptic setting is well designed and looks fantastic with its mix of hand painted textures and normal maps, aCreated by the talented team of Vigil Games and Joe Madueira, Darksiders is a real treat for the senses. The art direction is just superb, the gamedesign well executed, the combat is challenging and satisfying and the main character has just the right amount of "bad ass". The apocalyptic setting is well designed and looks fantastic with its mix of hand painted textures and normal maps, a definite must have. Expand
  11. Oct 30, 2012
    What happens when you throw in a Blender The Legend of zelda and God of War, you get Darksiders, is a combination of those 2 amazing series, you explore dungeons to collect items and power ups and also you can beat the crap out the enemies but thid game manages to gain an identity of it´s own. The combat is really good yo can use 3 different weapons with different power ups and alsoWhat happens when you throw in a Blender The Legend of zelda and God of War, you get Darksiders, is a combination of those 2 amazing series, you explore dungeons to collect items and power ups and also you can beat the crap out the enemies but thid game manages to gain an identity of it´s own. The combat is really good yo can use 3 different weapons with different power ups and also the puzzles in this game are well made you´ll need various items to work them out, not only the main item of the dungeon you´re so it makes the game more inmersive and the storyline is also good, the problem with the game is that the map it´s not very clear in the overworld and most of the boss fight are ridiculously easy, most of the time to defeat them you just need to do certain action 3 times and you win they´re not bad but I expected more.
    Besides that this is an amazing adventure game and is way underrated
  12. May 14, 2012
    AMAZING. I am obsessed with angles and demons. AND THIS GAME DELIVERS. With great in both the characters and the way you swing your sword. MUST HAVE GAME.
  13. May 27, 2012
    One of the best gaming experiences ever. This game is masterful. Like a dark version of Zelda. It's such a blast to play thru. Can't wait to play darksiders 2. A true under rated gem.
  14. Jul 25, 2012
    This game took me by surprise when I first got it. Zelda mixed with a third person action game what isn't to love? Buying new upgrades for War was a great time as well. The story really well told well always keeping you hooked for the next part. The game also has puzzles mixed in as well which can really test your thinking abilities. The biggest gripe with this game is that it is reallyThis game took me by surprise when I first got it. Zelda mixed with a third person action game what isn't to love? Buying new upgrades for War was a great time as well. The story really well told well always keeping you hooked for the next part. The game also has puzzles mixed in as well which can really test your thinking abilities. The biggest gripe with this game is that it is really easy, almost too easy but playing on the hardest difficulty is when this game shines. No room for mistakes, only success. With the sequel due out soon I can't wait. Truly an amazing franchise. Expand
  15. Sep 8, 2012
    There are very few games that I have played that I have found nothing wrong with. This is one of them. Darksiders is one of the best games I have ever played. Compare Darksiders to a similar title, Prototype, and you'll understand why I am impressed.

The combat in this game is indeed button mashing, but that is entirely irrelevant. Taking on the bigger brutes is not button mashing. You have to charge around and avoid attacks and you have to select your attacks very carefully if you want to survive. Furthermore, the massive variety of attacks available require memorization, motor memory, and skill to master. Can you get by just using basic x x x x x attacks? Probably, yes. But the character animations for the various attacks look so good and feel so powerful that I have trouble not wanting to use them.

This is a game about creativity. You can be as interesting or as dull as you want. If the combat feels repetitive, make use of a different secondary weapon, buy some new attacks for everything, and wait until you get your next big character upgrade. Every little thing you buy or get as the game's story progresses makes it a whole new and exciting experience.

You fight a lot of the same enemies in this game, and in any other game it would probably be exceedingly boring. In Darksiders, these enemies are presented to you in spectacular ways. Brief cutscenes as the creatures emerge from portals on the floor and huge monstrous brutes crashing through a doorway or a portal really gets the blood pumping. It makes the fights feel very dire, and when you've decimated their ranks, you feel like a God.

The story is minimal, but excellent as well. Things are entirely focused. You know what you're doing and why you're doing it. You don't always have to follow the beaten path in this amazing open world, but the path is there and easy to follow,

And guys, you play as a horseman of the apocalypse... Need I say more?
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    By far, one of the most underrated games i can think of, Darksiders, gets almost everything right, and delivers in well worth your money level of quality and length experience. It is long enough to provide great entertainment but not feel too long. The world is beautiful crafted, and the characters are interesting and fun to discover. Combat is fun and challenging. It perfectly balancesBy far, one of the most underrated games i can think of, Darksiders, gets almost everything right, and delivers in well worth your money level of quality and length experience. It is long enough to provide great entertainment but not feel too long. The world is beautiful crafted, and the characters are interesting and fun to discover. Combat is fun and challenging. It perfectly balances something that is extremely hard to do especially in action adventure games: making your character feel bad ass and powerful, while still providing a challenge to the game. They do this with many difficult puzzles in the world, as well as having both War, and his Enemies be powerful. Slowly getting more powers and weapons allows for new access to the world. The various enemies also provides for a strategic gameplay. In my top five for sure. highly recommended. Expand
  17. Jan 3, 2013
    First of all, I've played games before like Zelda, Prototype, Devil May Cry, etc, and they're all good. Darksiders really surpasses them all though in my point of view. I'm glad that I bought this game because when I started it, it was already great from the beginning. War is such an epic Horseman. He gives his story in this game really well. The length of play is fair. It could be more,First of all, I've played games before like Zelda, Prototype, Devil May Cry, etc, and they're all good. Darksiders really surpasses them all though in my point of view. I'm glad that I bought this game because when I started it, it was already great from the beginning. War is such an epic Horseman. He gives his story in this game really well. The length of play is fair. It could be more, but that is not a massive issue about this game. The action, acting, and music are great as well as the graphics in the game. Highly recommended to those people who likes post apocalyptic action games! Expand
  18. Apr 28, 2013
    Great Combat with flashy combos that achieve, with monstrous enemies that hit hard, and your legendary weapons Darksiders is an amazing game. Proceeding as War throughout the very good story makes you feel like a complete bad ass that will kick anybodies ass to find out what he wants. Just some minor flaws of a lack of enemy variety, some puzzles could be too hard or too easy but funGreat Combat with flashy combos that achieve, with monstrous enemies that hit hard, and your legendary weapons Darksiders is an amazing game. Proceeding as War throughout the very good story makes you feel like a complete bad ass that will kick anybodies ass to find out what he wants. Just some minor flaws of a lack of enemy variety, some puzzles could be too hard or too easy but fun enough to get through and some bosses kinda feel plain while some are a complete stressful nightmare if you haven't played much hack and slash games before. The Ending Result is that it could of been better than it already is, Legendary. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    still better than god of war
    darksiders show us a great character
    war. yes,this game is a mix of zelda,devil may cry,god of war
    but i love it,it was very cool,it has a lot of good thinks
    its one my favourite games

Darksiders brings you everything you expect. A beautiful post apocalyptic world combined with excellent audio and a real cool gameplay, deserves nothing less than a high score.
  2. Darksiders looks like the result of a head-on collision between the Zelda and God of War-franchise. But instead of a big mess, both fuse together to form a hybrid with the best elements of both, combined with a great story. The game won’t win any awards for originality, but thanks to its long playtime, strong puzzles and great alteration between elements and scenery we can only conclude that Darksiders is already one of the first great games of 2010.
    At its best, Darksiders plays like an interactive compilation of this console generation's most interesting game mechanics. At its worst, it's like sitting through a mediocre cover band as they fumble their way through your favorite tunes.