7.8

1. Dec 4, 2013
    I actually wanted to like this game for its setting, atmosphere, and style, but I just couldn't. The voice acting isn't the worst, but by no means is good. The story is boring and uninteresting. The shooting mechanics are weak and irritating.

I usually finish most games that I start playing even if I don't enjoy playing it, but with this one I couldn't even make it half way through the campaign before calling it quits. I was expecting a decent game because of the "good" user ratings (I don't really give much weight to critics' reviews), but all I got a was a disappointing experience.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    Below average in every area. Plot is shallow, graphics outdated, puzzles easy (push button or shoot button) and mainly the shooting and action is not fun. This could work as a cheap downloadable arkade during summer when there is no competition. But selling it for full price is joke. Seeing all these perfect scores and "best of 2013" makes one wonder how many of these user reviews areBelow average in every area. Plot is shallow, graphics outdated, puzzles easy (push button or shoot button) and mainly the shooting and action is not fun. This could work as a cheap downloadable arkade during summer when there is no competition. But selling it for full price is joke. Seeing all these perfect scores and "best of 2013" makes one wonder how many of these user reviews are posted by developers? Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2013
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    Dumb story, linear, bad shooting mechanics, and bad graphics. This game is the definition of bad, do not waste your money on it, i repeat; This game is a waste of money and should not be played, not even if they pay you!
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    this is pure garbage.This game is yet another where even the studio and publishers know it is bad and are trying to artificially inflate the score by posting overly positive reviews. This is pathetic. Just look at all the similarly phrased, 'Google translate' English being used. Don't be fooled. This game is not worth your time or money.
  6. Feb 11, 2015
    What is there to say about this game? There is little I can think to report as I've already forgotten most of it even though I just recently finished it. Everything about this game is painfully average. It is clear what Nordic Game's was trying to do with this release - make an Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider type adventure game, but it just fell short. The combat mechanics were poorly done.What is there to say about this game? There is little I can think to report as I've already forgotten most of it even though I just recently finished it. Everything about this game is painfully average. It is clear what Nordic Game's was trying to do with this release - make an Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider type adventure game, but it just fell short. The combat mechanics were poorly done. Some weapons seemed wildly under powered, while others, like the shotgun, were extremely overpowered (but fun). The story was wildly stereotypical and predictable. Graphics were below average for a 2013 release.
    The most confusing part of this game was the protagonist. For a main character he just wasn't likable at all and had no substance or depth whatsoever. He seemed to have no interest in archaeology even though it was his life's ambition. Furthermore, he was a complete moron in most dialogue, making fun of the other characters for reading and learning, but then in some cut scenes he would be sitting at his typewriter pounding out a thoughtful, well written transcript. It just didn't match up, there were too many character inconsistencies and he was completely unlikable. A disappointing experience overall.

1. Jan 11, 2014
    An exasperating experience. [Issue#106, p.85]
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Darkfall Adventures is a middle-of-the-road Lost World adventure, where our wisecracking Indiana Jones-like hero spends more time saving and re-saving the girl than recovering a purportedly priceless and powerful treasure that ultimately doesn’t come off as all that pricey or powerful in the end.
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    I certainly appreciate what Deadfall Adventures was going for and I'm always open to adventuring on a less-than-AAA scale, but the over-reliance on shooting and the abysmal voice acting knock this afternoon-matinee romp down a few pegs.