3.7

1. Jan 9, 2011
    Hey everyone, DarkZX here, I just want to say before you read this review, this game will piss you off in so many ways imaginable. Anyways continuing, the game introduces 10 sports, all of which are hard to play due to horrible controls. It was a ridiculous excuse for an idea that has been overused many many times. The only reason I am not giving this game a 0 or a 1 is because it is aHey everyone, DarkZX here, I just want to say before you read this review, this game will piss you off in so many ways imaginable. Anyways continuing, the game introduces 10 sports, all of which are hard to play due to horrible controls. It was a ridiculous excuse for an idea that has been overused many many times. The only reason I am not giving this game a 0 or a 1 is because it is a good filler game (game to let out your anger on while waiting for a new game). There isn't anything else to say about this game.

Final Rating: 21/100
    Consensus: Don't buy it.... seriously buy another game that actually has a little something called good controls.

If you want more reviews like this, sign up today at http://gamerspurgatory.darkbb.com , We have an awesome community where you can just chill, take part in contests, chat, play on online servers, and all sorts of other cool things. My username is the same there (DarkZX). Just request a review from me, I review video games, movies and music. Cya guys later!
  2. May 2, 2011
    When I first threw this game into my 360, I was a little excited...I wanted to see if a game with varying sports had any sort of depth. I was sincerely let down, the game lacks any linear gameplay, you can fight and play against the same opponents over and over again, mainly because defeating a character does not push you forward, instead you go back to the menu screen where you can againWhen I first threw this game into my 360, I was a little excited...I wanted to see if a game with varying sports had any sort of depth. I was sincerely let down, the game lacks any linear gameplay, you can fight and play against the same opponents over and over again, mainly because defeating a character does not push you forward, instead you go back to the menu screen where you can again choose play.

The controls, what to say about the controls...well first of all, I am not sure what XBOX was doing allowing this game to hit the market. I have seen the Hudson logo before, but this time I acquainted anger with its presence. Half of my 30 minutes of play were trying to navigate back and forth through the menus while aiming at the right options. Some options you hover over take a second or two to choose. Others just click as soon as you pass over them so you are stuck trying to go manipulate the hand to go around certain options very slowly.pfffft.

DarkZX said it well. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. I bought 5 kinect games with my system and this is the first one I tried. (Deca Sports) I am hoping the others are better. Fingers crossed.10/100 and next time you beta test a game, please make sure you can navigate through the menu.
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    Probably one of the worst games that I have ever played, the controls were awful you have to be really precise with your movements and thanks to kinect's poor tracking I failed a bunch of times. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

1. Feb 6, 2011
    Overall Sports Island Freedom is probably the worst game I've ever had to review. The best advice I can give you is don't purchase this game and instead purchase Kinect Sports or Motion Sports, either or will be a thousand times better and much more fun.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Sports Island Freedom is a bad game. This Hudson's franchise wasn't good on the Wii, and now it's really clumsy even on Xbox 360, due to its control problems. The sports selection is quite good, but the final result doesn't match Kinect Sports'.
    If you were to judge the capabilities of Kinect based solely on Sports Island Freedom, you'd be likely to think the device was a horrible failure. The menu is a mess that's hard to navigate, and things just go downhill from there. The controls are awful across almost all disciplines. Get Kinect Sports instead.