Def Jam: Icon Xbox 360

6.3

1. BillG.
    Mar 11, 2007
    I've seen so many great ads for this game I had to go and pick it up. Unfortunately, it might look hot, but the game plays really SLOW and is way too complex for my taste, though maybe that's because I've been playing so much NBA Street lately. Anyhow, I just can't figure this one out. I recommend giving this one a look, but be prepared for quite a learning curve.
  2. SteveG.
    Feb 19, 2007
    Typical EA Chicago, long on visuals, short on gameplay.
  3. D
    Mar 13, 2007
    The Gameplay are good but the soundtracks are Crap. They aren't real Hip-Hip just only wannabes hip-hop track (ex.The Game, Big Boi). I didn't understand why they choose the songs, characters from the wannabes. "This is not a real HIP-HOP!"
  4. Oct 29, 2012
    If you consider yourself a fan of rap music, you're almost guaranteed to have a good time using your favorite artists to beat the snot out of your least favorites. Even if you're not a fan of the music, there's still a lot of fun to be had here due to a solid, albeit somewhat flawed fighting system. The story is excellent for a fighting game, and the voice acting performances are among theIf you consider yourself a fan of rap music, you're almost guaranteed to have a good time using your favorite artists to beat the snot out of your least favorites. Even if you're not a fan of the music, there's still a lot of fun to be had here due to a solid, albeit somewhat flawed fighting system. The story is excellent for a fighting game, and the voice acting performances are among the best I've seen, with every major character voiced by their real life counterpart. The graphics are great for the most part, although the color filters that flood the screen after the musical track is switched can be a bit jarring. The audio is outstanding, with the most impressive licensed track library I've ever seen and some phenomenal voice acting jobs done by the rap artists in the game. While there's a few issues that hinder the game, it's still a perfect addition to any fighting fan's library. Expand
  5. Jul 20, 2014
    Def Jam Icon is good but very disappointing. It has better character Customization, graphics, a better plot, and clothing than Def Jam NY, but it fails to b better it.

1. Too bad the slow-as-molasses combat (and too-savvy computer-controlled opponents) keep this fighter from rivaling classics like "Tekken," "Street Fighter" and "Soul Calibur," but the innovative use of music, as both an aesthetic and a weapon, adds depth.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    A beat 'em up that is both pretty and a lot of fun with interesting music-related gameplay ideas. The controls are a bit too complicated for a beat 'em up, though. And where has the 4-player game gone? [Mar 2007]
  3. Even if you don't own every Ludacris album, watching the rich environments rattle to the music is reason enough to give this a play. Just don't expect much depth from this beat 'em up.