Deus Ex: Human Revolution Xbox 360

8.3

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    Role-playing games are becoming more and more an illusion these days. With modern graphics and other detractions truely taking away the experiences that created the genre we all love. With Deus Ex HR, we can finally go back to some of the RPG roots we have forgotten. Given the amount of choice and freedom you are given, it doesn't ultimately forgive that there are some short-comings toRole-playing games are becoming more and more an illusion these days. With modern graphics and other detractions truely taking away the experiences that created the genre we all love. With Deus Ex HR, we can finally go back to some of the RPG roots we have forgotten. Given the amount of choice and freedom you are given, it doesn't ultimately forgive that there are some short-comings to this masterpiece. All in all, Deus Ex HR sings the songs of older genre games that we older gamers long for. Well done! Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is awesome the fact that you have choices on how you want to approach an enemy and take them down there is so many hiding places and secrets to find to help you though the game out of 10 I would give it a 9.5 out of ten
  4. Aug 23, 2011
    Whoever stands behind this game took this stuff seriously. You really can't blame a game these days only because of an outdated hardware on which it is supposed to run. Visuals, sound, AI, mechanics, dialogue, RPG elements are crafted generally the way they should be. Making it more complex could let you lose most of the audience who haven't played it prequels. This game is reallyWhoever stands behind this game took this stuff seriously. You really can't blame a game these days only because of an outdated hardware on which it is supposed to run. Visuals, sound, AI, mechanics, dialogue, RPG elements are crafted generally the way they should be. Making it more complex could let you lose most of the audience who haven't played it prequels. This game is really challenging. If you lose you know it's because you didn't think of a correct solution to the problem. Deus Ex universe is what gets as close as possible to what you could possibly witness in the next few decades in your own world. I think that's the main reason to check it out. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2011
    Having a lot of fun with this game so far. I feel like it is a good combination of old school Splinter Cell and the MGS series. Like many reviews have said the setting is very Blade Runner-esque, which is very cool IMO. The story is bound in conspiracy and corporate espionage which is a fun thing when you are an augmented badass. There are many ways to approach a level as the developerHaving a lot of fun with this game so far. I feel like it is a good combination of old school Splinter Cell and the MGS series. Like many reviews have said the setting is very Blade Runner-esque, which is very cool IMO. The story is bound in conspiracy and corporate espionage which is a fun thing when you are an augmented badass. There are many ways to approach a level as the developer states, though if you are like me and are a completionist, you will need to augment in several different areas. I recommend spending some augmentation points in hacking (at least to level 2 or 3) fairly early on. You will eventually encounter side mission objectives that can't be completed without a decent hacking skill. That being said, you are still free to shotgun your way through different levels. The game supports run-and-gun approaches but I have to say it is somewhat weighted heavier to a stealthy approach to problem solving. Love the graphics, dialog options and music of the game, all done in good taste. The game is not without a few flaws though. There are exploits you will find that take advantage of the cover system and allow you to breeze through some levels, but just avoid this to keep the game challenging. I recommend this game for fans of stealthy, techy shooters with some decent RPG elements thrown into the mix. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a Blade Runner atmosphere mixed with innovative combat mechanics and a compelling story.
    Human Revolution is prequel to the original game set in 2027. Players take on the role of Adam Jensen, a former SWAT officer who has been hired as the security chief for Sarif Industries. The company him and his girlfriend work for is attacked and he is almost killed. Sarif rebuilds Jensen using "augmentation" which allows players to mold Jensen into a truly unique character according to how they want to play the game. You can go through this game like Call of Duty: Black Ops or take a more tactical approach like Mass Effect 2. There is a way for the more stealthy characters or ones who enjoy manipulating conversations. It all depends on how you want to play. Guns and gadgets are heavily varied and combat never gets old. I will replay this game using a different "pillar of gameplay" as the developers put it. The closest game I could compare this is to is probably Alpha Protocol. Only it doesn't have all the bugs and problems Alpha did.
    The graphics may seem a little dated to some, but in my opinion fit this game perfectly. Settings are beautifully designed and characters are interesting and unique. One of my few gripes is there really isn't any way to make Jensen seem "closer" to the characters like we see in games like Mass Effect. Nonetheless, this doesn't detract from the story at all. The soundtrack seams perfectly with the game.
    The story is brilliant. Excellent voice actors convey the characters emotions perfectly. Biotechnology and political (and industrial) espionage is rampant in this game. The plot continues at a steady pace and ends on a satisfying conclusion.
    Other than a few A.I. glitches here and there, this game is stellar. If you enjoy fun FPS, RPGs, or just want to try something new. This game is recommended for you.
  7. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is by far one of the most intelligent and adult games I've played in years! By far the biggest surprise AAA experience of the year so far and absolutely deserving of every penny spent on it. I've played nonstop 9 hours already and my jaw has been on the floor the entire time. Do yourself a favor and buy this game as it's one of the most original concepts out right now. Picture aThis game is by far one of the most intelligent and adult games I've played in years! By far the biggest surprise AAA experience of the year so far and absolutely deserving of every penny spent on it. I've played nonstop 9 hours already and my jaw has been on the floor the entire time. Do yourself a favor and buy this game as it's one of the most original concepts out right now. Picture a cross between Bioshock and Mass Effect and you'll be on the right track. Can't give enough praise to this product-simply blew me away! Expand
  8. Oct 27, 2011
    I loved this game!! Great storyline, graphics and gameplay. I love sneaking around hiding and taking out people one by one. I never played the original and thought that i would give this game a chance and i am glad i did. 10 out of 10!!!
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Having seen this game when it was first released back in August when my friends were playing it, I took little interest as I hadn't really followed the story up until this one. However, seeing this game preowned for £10 last week, and needing something to bar my boredom until I obtained Skyrim this weekend, I decided to pick it up. Let me first just say that this game is notHaving seen this game when it was first released back in August when my friends were playing it, I took little interest as I hadn't really followed the story up until this one. However, seeing this game preowned for £10 last week, and needing something to bar my boredom until I obtained Skyrim this weekend, I decided to pick it up. Let me first just say that this game is not one of those games you dive into immediately and requires some time before you get used to it. Anyway, on with the review:

Gameplay (8/10): This game is not like most games currently on the market today. With most games pushing you to kill everything in sight one way or another, this game will really catch you off guard if you intent to bring along the same attitude. This game is stealthly. While you may play offensively, you will find that the game often promotes being stealthy far more than it does going head-on (Two achievements for being stealthy+more XP, it is rather apparent what the developer wanted you to do.). Either way, if you enjoy this sort of game then the controls are fluid and nothing really feels out of place. Even the objective markers are convenient and easy to use.

Graphics (5/10): These are nothing really special. It seems that Eidos caught the Gears of War disease where everything feels brown. It adds to the dark feel, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary. You will have seen worse, but you'll also have seen a lot better. Don't expect Skyrim graphics here.

Sound (4/10): Perhaps the biggest let-down for me was the sound. There's really nothing to write home about here: The voice-acting is bordering on a shambles and the main character really should've had a better voice. Still, I like to give a game a chance and the background music does add to the tense feeling of the game. It's just... The voice acting... Oh, the pain.

Multiplayer: N/A.

Lasting value (8/10): Not something you'd expect from a game so linear, but this game can actually be surprisingly long. There's an achievement for getting all four of the endings, and because the game offers different moral choices as well as several achievements that require different styles of play, this game could easily last you 60+ hours.

Final comments: This game is not for the people who prefer to rush through their games and massacre everybody, although there are fewer things more satisfying than tapping a guy on the shoulder, then punching him, knocking him out cold and dragging him into a closet and proceeding to do the same to three of his team. If you're looking for a change of pace from all the Call of Duty and Battlefield, then get this game.
  10. Dec 6, 2012
    WOWOOW!!11111111!!!!!! I AM FRICKIN ROBOT CYBORG I KICK A$$$$$$$$$!!!! THE SUNGLASSES ARE SICK... but i wish he had beats, cus that wuld make him like listen better the bad guys and kick more A$$$$ !!!!!1111
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    Dues Ex: Human Revolution is probably one of the best stealth games I ever played. I'm a big fan of stealth games and Deus Ex: Human evolution easily holds its place as one of the best in the stealth genre. The story is really good and interesting but that varies between people. Some might find it boring but in opinion I enjoyed the story line and the characters.The story takes play in theDues Ex: Human Revolution is probably one of the best stealth games I ever played. I'm a big fan of stealth games and Deus Ex: Human evolution easily holds its place as one of the best in the stealth genre. The story is really good and interesting but that varies between people. Some might find it boring but in opinion I enjoyed the story line and the characters.The story takes play in the future where people have augmentations that are pretty much robotic hands and arms. But not all is good because there are humans who oppose these augmentations to humans. The game also offers choices that can change the storyline outcomes. Which actually has differant results so some people might reload their game to choose differant choices. The game looks great overall but some of the cinematics sometimes look worst the Game play itself. I found it funny how people in the cinematic look like they were covered in grease like a cheesy McDonald commercial. The gameplay is also fun with a mixed of first person and third person action. Suprising it works well with the game and before you know it you get well used to it. You can also run and gun through the game if you want to but the best choice is probably stealthy all the way through. There also many role playing elements that work well with the game. Such as augmentations that give you more health or more energy. The game also offers many different paths you can take to your objective. You get alot more if you thoroughly explore the area instead of rushing from point A to point B. There are also a good amount of weapons that can suit everyone's needs. The only complaint I probably have is the boss battles which hardly requires any stealth mechanics. All you do is get the most powerful weapons you can find and spray all you bullets into the bosses. So players who went through the stealthier approach and invested their skill points in stealth skills they will have a harder time. Also I would have preferred it better if you had the option to kill the bosses or let them live. Since you can complete the entire game without killing the anyone except the bosses. Overall, if your a fan of stealth games or enjoy like a futuristic story you should pick up this game. Expand
  12. Sep 18, 2011
    This game puts Splinter Cell to shame. The dark environment, NPC's, hacking system, and stealth combat are all awesome. The only complaint I had was Deus Ex was a linear story line. I prefer an open world non-linear story. I LOVE that combat cannot devolve to a first person shooter take on the world approach (even on the easiest level) as gunshots are lethal. FANTASTIC game!!!
  13. Oct 20, 2011
    As I have never played a Deus Ex game before, I was unsure of what to expect. Having been weaned on first-person shooters during my early childhood and later action RPGs I have always been on the hunt for a game which combines RPG elements with meaty combat that is different from the slow action of Fallout 3 but also distanced from the arcadey shooting in Mass Effect 2.

Well, that search

Well, that search is over. Human Revolution gives you so many options in every choice you make. What shall it be today, charging in with a minigun or navigating a vent to reach my objective? Every decision you make feels important, and can have certain consequences too. In one scene you must defuse a hostage situation. If you choose the right conversation options, the kidnapper will free the hostage and you will be congratulated for your efforts. However if you make a wrong decision and the man kills the hostage, you will be given an unexpected reward. EVERY choice you make has a consequence of some kind, which makes the game infinitely replayable.

Another remarkable thing about this game is that it achieved the impossible: it made me hate CoD. I was once furiously addicted to gunning down enemies on Nuketown in Black Ops' multiplayer and playing through the long campaign. But when I played Human Revolution that all changed. Now the Black Ops single-player mode was extremely boring and linear. Why walk in a straight line, only being able to shoot or stab one bad guy after another when you could be running past them, taking them down, turning turrets against them or even convincing them to join your cause? Human Revolution has the best combat I have ever seen. The guns feel great and encourage ammo conservation, the cover system is perfectly implemented, the brief take-down 'cut-scenes' are cool and you always, ALWAYS, feel like a bad-ass. And even if shooting isn't your thing, there are many other ways to complete a mission. How about crawling into a secret room and hack a computer to deactivate cameras, giving you an advantage? Or you could just simply adapt to the (exceptionally intelligent) enemies' patrol patterns and avoid them completely. The choices are yours.

If this game still doesn't sound good enough to you, then an extra layer of depth is added via Augmentations. When you earn enough XP you unlock Praxis Points, which are spent on Augmentations. These can range from the ability to see through walls to giving you dermal armor or even invisibility. THESE are the icing on an already very tasty cake.

Still not convinced? Well, there are so many locations and side-missions in the game that it's impossible to complete them all in your first playthrough. And while the graphics are nothing special up close, the visual style of gold and black is quite breath-taking. DO NOT dismiss this game just because of the graphical style; they are not some crappy anime visuals.

The writing, too, excels with a deep story and very memorable characters. I felt heartbroken when a certain character died towards the end of the game and continue to wonder whether I could have prevented their death.

After all of the lavish praise I have thrown upon this game, you must think that there are no flaws. But there are. Critical decisions are sometimes made for you during cut-scenes, making you curse to yourself and say 'I could have prevented her from getting away if this wasn't a God-damned cut-scene!' or something of the like. Along those lines, boss fights are very standard fare like in other games. You are given no options regarding the three in the game but to kill them. No talking, no hacking, just plain shooting until they're dead.

And during the course of the game I could have sworn that I was playing Oblivion. The game can be so buggy sometimes I occasionally recoiled and thought 'WTF?'. As an example, I once walked into a room to find a pile of clothes on the floor. When I hovered the cursor over it, the 'clothes' appeared to be a certain Doctor Colvin. When I pressed A to talk to her, a body suddenly filled those clothes and started conversing with me. And when the second boss battle begun, I took cover behind a nearby wall. After a few moments of nothing happening, I decided to see what she was doing. It turned out that the 'boss' was actually spending her time running into a wall, unable to move away. I took advantage of the oppurtunity and emptied to clips on her until she died.

Remarkably, though, these minor setbacks donnot detract from the game's excellence whatsoever. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a deep, though-provoking game that betters the original in every way. And if there's one decision that is clear, it's this: BUY THIS GAME.
  14. Nov 4, 2011
    I loved it for what it was. Sure the animations might be dated, the combat awkward at times & the boss battles uncalled for.

But this game is set in such a rich world, such beauty and depth.

I found myself just slowly walking down the streets of Detroit, just sucking in the atmosphere.

Very glad that i had picked this up.
  15. Nov 18, 2011
    A rewarding RPG/shooter hybrid that is full of options that allow you to be the character you want to be. Eidos did an excellent job of giving the player options for every situation. Combat can occasionally get dull with an AI that lacks innovation, but the boss fights are excellent, stealth is rewarding, and the options for customizing your character are each functional and rewarding. TheA rewarding RPG/shooter hybrid that is full of options that allow you to be the character you want to be. Eidos did an excellent job of giving the player options for every situation. Combat can occasionally get dull with an AI that lacks innovation, but the boss fights are excellent, stealth is rewarding, and the options for customizing your character are each functional and rewarding. The graphics are great, but the transition to cinematics can be jarring. I wanted more for an ending, but like all the flaws I notices and mentioned, they were tiny things that couldn't detract from Deus Ex's high entertainment factor. Expand
  16. Sep 21, 2011
    This game is terrific, i even find myself passing time by hacking whatever i find and talking to janitors... It has one of the best single player campaigns ive played in a while and its SO IMMERSIVE OH MY GOD. Playing this on the xbox is much better than I anticipated and doesn't feel like a port. The only reason i don't give it a 10 is because playing none-lethal long range is a pain toThis game is terrific, i even find myself passing time by hacking whatever i find and talking to janitors... It has one of the best single player campaigns ive played in a while and its SO IMMERSIVE OH MY GOD. Playing this on the xbox is much better than I anticipated and doesn't feel like a port. The only reason i don't give it a 10 is because playing none-lethal long range is a pain to keep supplies flowing and the start of the game. I'd rate this game 9.99/100 Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2011
    A good game overall with some varied game play. A great break from the standard shooter games we have been getting a heavy dose of. The game also comes with a thoughtful story to go with it which is a bonus. If you do not like sneak games like MGS this might not be for you
  18. Nov 2, 2011
    My only complaint about this game is the boss fights are a bit annoying but that's just me personally otherwise it's a very worth while game. PS you don't need the missing link dlc but if you need more deus ex action it's worth your time.
  19. Oct 25, 2011
    It's hard to make a game that stands up to the original Deus Ex, and while Human Revolution didn't quite make the Benchmark, it is still a great game in its own right. The graphics are a little dated, but the visual art style more than makes up for this. The atmosphere it something to behold, as Human Revolutions really irks me, like in a good way. It makes me care about he plights ofIt's hard to make a game that stands up to the original Deus Ex, and while Human Revolution didn't quite make the Benchmark, it is still a great game in its own right. The graphics are a little dated, but the visual art style more than makes up for this. The atmosphere it something to behold, as Human Revolutions really irks me, like in a good way. It makes me care about he plights of its people, simply by the way it presents itself. The combat is good, even though the AI can be pretty goofy at times. Then generally just patrol the exact same route, so with careful study one can sneak by them pretty easily. You can play the game like a total badass commando, or be a stealthy player. i highly recommend the Stealth Route, as it's just a much more satisfying and rewarding experience. The story can get a little muddled, and I will admit that sometimes Adams voice makes me want to punch something. It sounds like he needs to clear his throat...for the whole game. It's still well written though, so if you can get past that then theres a unique and well presented story to be told here. Overall, I would say you should get this game, or at the very least, its worth a rent. Expand
  20. Oct 25, 2011
    This is a great game and one of the best this year. The action when it occurs is good and never too in your face but that was never my preferred way of playing this game. I liked to go stealth with the occasional gunfight and this is what the game is all about Choice. There is not one path which you must take, there are multiple paths with different advantages which makes this game shineThis is a great game and one of the best this year. The action when it occurs is good and never too in your face but that was never my preferred way of playing this game. I liked to go stealth with the occasional gunfight and this is what the game is all about Choice. There is not one path which you must take, there are multiple paths with different advantages which makes this game shine compared to most FPS. The RPG elements work really well and deciding which augment to choose next can be tricky. Though amazingly I actually loved the story which is one of the best I know, the only problem with game is the bosses which are a little generic and not as innovating as everything else. This is a must buy for all SP lovers Expand
  21. Apr 6, 2013
    A brilliant prequel to the original Deus Ex, Square Enix has definitely delivered with Human Revolution. Combining an absolutely brilliant story, along with fluid gameplay mechanics and a wide choice of playstyles to choose, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best Stealth/RPG/FPS games of the recent years. An excellent score of music also helps to reflect the dark undertone of theA brilliant prequel to the original Deus Ex, Square Enix has definitely delivered with Human Revolution. Combining an absolutely brilliant story, along with fluid gameplay mechanics and a wide choice of playstyles to choose, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best Stealth/RPG/FPS games of the recent years. An excellent score of music also helps to reflect the dark undertone of the game. Set in future Detroit, the game revolves around conspiracy, and secrets. Players will feel involved in the story travelling from Detroit, and other places such as China etc.

Overall, one of my favourite games from the past few years, and an excellent addition to both the Stealth genre, and the Deus Ex series too.
  22. Nov 2, 2012
    Put simply, Deus Ex is what games should be. The gameplay of Deus Ex will have you teetering on the edge of your seat while you grind away your teeth. It's a good frustrating that rewards you well at the end of achieving and accomplishing what you're required to do. The storyline of Deus Ex doesn't fall short and is set in a rich dark world that is highly polished, full of detail, andPut simply, Deus Ex is what games should be. The gameplay of Deus Ex will have you teetering on the edge of your seat while you grind away your teeth. It's a good frustrating that rewards you well at the end of achieving and accomplishing what you're required to do. The storyline of Deus Ex doesn't fall short and is set in a rich dark world that is highly polished, full of detail, and immerse. With plenty of things to look at, people to talk to, and lore to learn about. Deus Ex is what video games try to do when trying to tell a good story. And by that Deus Ex tells quite possibly one of the best stories in gaming. Through gameplay, to narrative direction Deus Ex does everything right. Making you full of emotion, stress, frustration, and happiness. It's a game that you must surely check out! If you haven't already. Expand
  23. May 27, 2013
    Amazing game! Upgrading yourself is fun and there are so many different ways to tackle a level. The story was well done and very engrossing. I hope they release more!
  24. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus Ex: Human Revolution(XBOX 360 Edition)

Intro- I had played Deus Ex: Invisible War and didn't really care about it. So when I heard about this game, I was hesitant to say the least. Kind of wish now that I had went with my instincts. This is a perfect example of why not to trust reviews from big game sites. Here are the reasons why:

Story- Basically, you play a guy that nearly gets killed in an attack on a science lab. Your friend/girlfriend does get killed, so you go after the people that did it and discover a larger conspiracy. This is all I made out of the story. Its quite boring, in a "been there, done that" sort of way. Not only is it boring, but it also gets really confusing. Pretty sure that I played through most of the game without a clue as to what was happening. Also the choices that you make through the game don't seem to make much difference. The only one that I saw that had any effect at all was near the beginning of the game, and that only decide if a women lived or not. Big deal. As a final f-you, the ending is stupid and rushed. All you get is a lame final "Boss" and a cut scene. Not worth the hours you invested to get to it.

Gameplay- The gunplay feels okay, but could have been better. It feels like every other out there. You can crouch, shoot, lean around cover, ECT. Basic stuff. The thing is though, its nearly imposable to run and gun. You have got to use your brain, your you are going to die. A lot. Not only are the enemies hard to kill, but the game is really stingy with ammo. You can sneak instead of fighting though and its likely that is what you will be doing for the majority of the game Especially since you really need to keep well supplied for the terrible, often unfair, boss fights). Even if you can manage to find a lot of stuff, its unlikely that you will be able to store any of it, as the inventory space is incredibly small( even if fully upgraded). Also, a word of warning if you deicide to go the stealth root and put a lot points into being better at that, watch out not to get caught. If you do get caught, its very likely you will die. Speaking of points, the game has a lame stat tree that it uses to pretend to be a real RPG. I assure you that its not, in the same way that Borderlands and Darksiders 2 aren't really RPGs. Also you have to play god-awful hacking minigames that will make you wish that you had never bought this game. And they are everywhere.

Graphics- Overall it looks pretty good. The look really adds to the dystopian world of Deus Ex. The cities look nice( even thought the area you can explore is small) and are interesting to look at. Cannot say the same for the people. They all look like lifeless dolls that stay in the same area forever. It really keeps you from getting immerged in the game. The other thing that bothered me was that the game was REALLY yellow looking. Maybe there was suppose to be a reason for that, but I just found it head-ach inducing

Sound- The voice acting was okay. The protagonist sounded sort of like Client Eastwood from the "Dollar" movies. That was pretty cool. The rest sounded fine. The guns sounded weird for some reason. They just didn't sound like what a real weapon firing would sound like. The music was fine, I guess( I didn't really pay much attention to it, so it couldn't have been too good).

Conclusion- Not a terrible game, but there are much better choices out there. If you can find it cheap( and you should be able to now) give it a try. Don't expect much out of it though.
  25. Oct 28, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not like other FPS's. You don't just blow s#it out, and kill people. You've got to be intelligent. Of course, you can just kill everything that move towards you. But the fun in this game, is to think, to make a fortress of boxes to hide, to find a vent and go through it, to hack, to hide bodies, and to think what's going to be your next augmentation. This gameDeus Ex: Human Revolution is not like other FPS's. You don't just blow s#it out, and kill people. You've got to be intelligent. Of course, you can just kill everything that move towards you. But the fun in this game, is to think, to make a fortress of boxes to hide, to find a vent and go through it, to hack, to hide bodies, and to think what's going to be your next augmentation. This game is not perfect (it's cutscenes are just awful, for example) but the way it plays, it's just incredible. It's a nice RPG and a nice shooter as well. For me, this is a candidate for GOTY. Expand
  26. Aug 28, 2011
    This is an amazing game. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this game, but it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite games. The cover system is reminiscent of something like Mass Effect 2 or Metal Gear Solid, so if you enjoyed those games this might be an option for you. You can approach every situation in a huge variety of ways which are dictated by a very well doneThis is an amazing game. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this game, but it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite games. The cover system is reminiscent of something like Mass Effect 2 or Metal Gear Solid, so if you enjoyed those games this might be an option for you. You can approach every situation in a huge variety of ways which are dictated by a very well done augmentation system (very similar to a level-up system). All in all this is a great game. The only problem I have with it is that male character models seem to have kind of tiny heads, but it's not a huge issue. PS - For anyone having issues with registering your product on square enix, I was able to register on release day (North America). Expand
  27. Aug 30, 2011
    Great atmosphere and nice story which seems to be a throwback to many sci-fi stories from the past (Bladerunner first came to mind). The combat is decent and so is the stealth aspect. The cover-system is a little screwy at times, and the load times seem a little unnecessary for the medium quality visuals. Boss fights are random as heck and don't go with the flow of the game. Good fun, overall.
  28. Aug 28, 2011
    A brilliantly realized world, a perfect mesh of realism and cyber-fantasy to create a stunning story that has kept me gripped in my playtime. The gameplay variety gives you many options, and though some are more limited and challenging than others, it still gives you an experience that allows you to do what you want, as long as you reach the objective some way. I do admit, there are cons,A brilliantly realized world, a perfect mesh of realism and cyber-fantasy to create a stunning story that has kept me gripped in my playtime. The gameplay variety gives you many options, and though some are more limited and challenging than others, it still gives you an experience that allows you to do what you want, as long as you reach the objective some way. I do admit, there are cons, being some poor voice acting in sections, and some animation issues with characters, but these small dishes never draw away from the main course. Just, overall, I was hugely amazed by this game; it gives everything you could want from an RPG, and more. Expand
  29. Aug 31, 2011
    Unbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game provesUnbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game proves that there is more to gaming than just pretty graphics. The story is consuming, the atmosphere is amazing, the RPG elements are PERFECTLY balanced, and the game play is addicting. This game is the closest game to perfection. 5 years from now, I really think that people will be voting this game to be one of the best of all time... it's that good. Buy it, get past the tutorial (about an hour), and realize what I'm talking about. Expand
  30. Aug 28, 2011
    Wow, I love these haters on here. They make a great Deus Ex game and either some strange loyalty to Ion Storm persist or you are one of those people who just like to **** with no foundation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first great game of the Holiday Season. The story is wonderful and a marvel of cyberpunk story telling. The game holds the Deus Ex name high and is a worthyWow, I love these haters on here. They make a great Deus Ex game and either some strange loyalty to Ion Storm persist or you are one of those people who just like to **** with no foundation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first great game of the Holiday Season. The story is wonderful and a marvel of cyberpunk story telling. The game holds the Deus Ex name high and is a worthy successor as it emulates the gameplay of the original game and expands upon it with grace and class. And game play is where it counts and is where DE: HR excels. Sneaking around cities, finding new paths to follow. Almost everything I could do in Deus Ex, I can do in DE: HR. The graphics are average at best but great graphics do not make a great game. The environments are great though and the level design is something a lot of devs (Looking at you copycat FPS creators especially Call of Duty). There are many ways to achieve your objective and beautiful Sci-fi cities and backgrounds await you. The music is just awesome and does not get in the way of you play. Yeah, a few of the tunes may take you back to the Mass Effect games but it is distinct enough to distinguish itself from that series. Plus, a familiar tune for those original Deus Ex players gets whistled by a few NPCs every once in a while, adding to the Easter Eggs and throwbacks to the beloved original. Pretty much, if you want a thinking man's game and the first great RPG to hit the market this season then get your 60 bucks ready and buy in. Only serious gamers apply as DE: HR has no patience for the twitch gamer who does nothing but push a button and go from scripted scene to scripted scene. For that matter how can you have problems with the bosses?? Seriously, they are nothing new and are pretty easy to boot. You have played other video game right? Ask yourself if they really differ from any other boos fights. To me, they did not disrupt the gameplay and actually gave me a different style to take in this great game. Ignore the haters and the fools, go get this game and enjoy many sleepless nights! Expand

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has happily been worth the wait and is a game that can hold its head up high next to the first game. Jensen isn't the most charismatic character, and the story is a tad patchy in places, but the game's world and its characters more than make up for it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution heralds the arrival of the cyber-renaissance, and it's pure gold.
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    Deus EX Human Revolution has been one of the more entertaining games I have played this year so far. Filled with a gripping story, interesting characters, and addictive game play Deus Ex is a game that would be a worthy addition to any collection. Fans of action or RPG games should find a lot of value in this retail title.