Dishonored Xbox 360

7.8

1. Jan 10, 2014
    I know a large number of people enjoyed this game but I found it tiresome. While the game is sold on having deep and meaningful consequences dependant on which route you choose to take, I don't feel that's a fair description. The story is thin and the changes compared to your actions made are minimal. Also, being told that you can fight or stealth is a bit far fetched also, I found theI know a large number of people enjoyed this game but I found it tiresome. While the game is sold on having deep and meaningful consequences dependant on which route you choose to take, I don't feel that's a fair description. The story is thin and the changes compared to your actions made are minimal. Also, being told that you can fight or stealth is a bit far fetched also, I found the combat clunky and the selection of weapons unimaginative. I was looking forward to a Stealth game as I love Metal Gear Solid but this was disappointing. I'm not sure where the comparisons to Bioshock are made either?

The final problem I've got is the enemy AI. At one point on a No Kill run in the final level. A guard sat at the top of the stairs, not moving. Even throwing bottles behind him didn't move him. In the end I managed to get past him but it was ridiculous. The AI wasn't great all in all.
  2. Oct 12, 2014
    Nice graphics. Very interesting design. Okay story line. Confusing gaming elements. Not much fun to play. It was a good attempt at making an interesting video game. However, the pacing is off putting and there are ways to fail in which you cannot go back. You have to make use of the saves, which is not something I wish to do.
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    This is the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. May 22, 2014
    I've spent about 64 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill everyone you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, allI've spent about 64 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill everyone you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, all your actions will have a consequences.
    The main part of the game is dedicated to Corvo. Alas, he is silent, which I don't like. But in the add-ons (The Knife of Dunwall, Brigmore Witches), you're playing as Daud, who is much more talkative. Well, Michael Madsen, as Daud, is fun.
    For those who love stealth games, especially Thief 1&2&3: IMHO, this game is even more Thief-esque than the last Thief (2014). It has a good story, a nice NPCs and their dialogues, a lot of perfectly hidden stashes with loot, and you're free to hide from your foes and neutralize them in old Thief style - by sneaking from behind. Also, the game has a lot of tributes to the Thief series, so you'll definitely smile every time you see them.
    Bottom line: it's a must-have.
  5. Feb 17, 2014
    As a fan of stealth games i can positively say without a doubt that this game is nothing short of amazing. First off, its art design is charming and gritty to say the least and the city of Dunwall and it's lore are beautifully fleshed out. The game caters to anyone's specific play style whether you prefer to kill from the shadows, go outright with a sword in one hand and pistol in theAs a fan of stealth games i can positively say without a doubt that this game is nothing short of amazing. First off, its art design is charming and gritty to say the least and the city of Dunwall and it's lore are beautifully fleshed out. The game caters to anyone's specific play style whether you prefer to kill from the shadows, go outright with a sword in one hand and pistol in the other, or simply sneak by unnoticed, never taking a single life in your entire playthrough. The game also highly rewards exploration in its levels and offers many secrets to find and other "creative" ways of dispatching your foes (lethally or non-lethally.) I highly recommend this game to any stealth fan, especially one that desires less linearity in their games. Expand
  6. Mar 16, 2014
    Good game with a great art style but nothing to really make this game stands out. Textures loading is extremely slow and this can be really annoying at some points.
  7. Apr 29, 2014
    Although the gameplay quickly becomes repetitive, and the environment is rarely changing, Dishonored is still a good game - not quite the 100's and 99's others have given it, but a good title nonetheless. The art style is stylised similarly to Bioshock infinite, and the freedom the games give you is Hitman taken to the next level - whether you wish to shoot your way out or hide in theAlthough the gameplay quickly becomes repetitive, and the environment is rarely changing, Dishonored is still a good game - not quite the 100's and 99's others have given it, but a good title nonetheless. The art style is stylised similarly to Bioshock infinite, and the freedom the games give you is Hitman taken to the next level - whether you wish to shoot your way out or hide in the shadows, the game caters for that. Expand
  8. Jul 4, 2014
    Dishonored is a game to buy! At hard difficulty, you will need strategies and strealth to make it. The game offers so much possibilities and gameplay options. It's so fun and immersive! It lets you so many ways to kill enemies the craziest ways possible... I would immediately buy a Dishonored 2. Be creative with it !!
  9. Jul 1, 2014
    A moneycow, It's an "in-between-games" for Bethesda. There are so many cheaptricks in this game from re-using textures excessivly, movements in 3d UI, (and what you actually are able to do with your controller) to storyline and interaction-diversity from both objects to characters. What's good is that they used the AI well. But I might think Arkane Studios F*cked this game up. Even withA moneycow, It's an "in-between-games" for Bethesda. There are so many cheaptricks in this game from re-using textures excessivly, movements in 3d UI, (and what you actually are able to do with your controller) to storyline and interaction-diversity from both objects to characters. What's good is that they used the AI well. But I might think Arkane Studios F*cked this game up. Even with the good reviews, there is no way Bethesda is happy about this title. Expand
  10. Aug 14, 2014
    One of the best games of 2012, Dishonored excels in visuals, story and obviously gameplay. The stealth is very engaging and full of depth and care. And your targets actually feel repulsive and evil. The missions are very open, and you can even do extra side activities to boost your scores. You will constantly be replaying missions to see if you missed anything. The story is compelling, andOne of the best games of 2012, Dishonored excels in visuals, story and obviously gameplay. The stealth is very engaging and full of depth and care. And your targets actually feel repulsive and evil. The missions are very open, and you can even do extra side activities to boost your scores. You will constantly be replaying missions to see if you missed anything. The story is compelling, and the voice acting is top notch. While the Good/Evil system works awfully, and missions get frustratingly hard. Dishonored is one of the most engaging stealth games of all time. Expand
  11. Aug 21, 2014
    I think of this game as a combination of lots of game so its basicly, Bioshock + Skyrim + Assassins creed = Dishonored but it doesn't make it the perfect game it was a short story with 10 missions (Not counting DLC) But I just didn't get that much gameplay out of it. I give it 7/10 it had good voice acting and good characters but not as good as some of my favorites.
  12. Sep 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm going to be honest, based on the reviews on this site, I was expecting such an over hyped game, but now that I've played it, here are my final thoughts about this game, It was good. The game wasn't ass good as I initially thought it would be, because the begging was kinda clunky, but after the 2nd mission, things REALLY started to pick up. The weapons can be VERY useful, the most useful that I used was the Sleep Dart for taking out important enemies like Sokolov and escorting them back to the boat. The difficulty was not that bad, but the Long Daddy's are VERY difficult to get around, especially in the final chapter. And the final chapter was a nice twist, you can choose to either clash swords against your "friend" or just shoot him. As well as choosing either to shoot Samuel before he betrays you, let him signal the enemies for them, or shoot him with a sleep dart and lay him to sleep. This game isn't perfect, some of the puzzle's suck, some of the puzzle's are easier than you'd expect, when you obtain the mask people still think you're wanted, Windblast is nearly useless, and the game suffers from Glitches. So this game does have it's faults, but I think you should shell out some dollars if you want to try out your first First Person Shooter.
    Engine: B-
    Difficulty: A-
    Gameplay: B+
    Final Grade: B

-TheTrueReviews
  13. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is so epic it the people who say this is repitive haven't played for 10 minutes its a good game you a very strong assassin looking for revenge and the game is so realistic that you would want to sell your call of duty black ops 2 copy
  14. Nov 29, 2014
    A very interesting and unique stealth game. You play as the assassin Corvo Attano, who witnesses the murder of the royal empress kaldwin and is blamed for it, hence "dishonored". The world of Dunwall where the game takes place is a corrupt dystopian world with plaques, tyrannical leaders, and of course conspiracies. It doesn't say when it takes place, but it has a Victorian steampunkA very interesting and unique stealth game. You play as the assassin Corvo Attano, who witnesses the murder of the royal empress kaldwin and is blamed for it, hence "dishonored". The world of Dunwall where the game takes place is a corrupt dystopian world with plaques, tyrannical leaders, and of course conspiracies. It doesn't say when it takes place, but it has a Victorian steampunk hybrid look to it and it is awesome. Corvo escapes from the prison he was held in and joins some revolutionary movement that wants to take take down the corrupt leader and put empresses daughter Emily Kaldwin on the throne. Most of the characters are very boring and don't show any emotion at all, except for Emily of course. Every time your told to go assassinate some bad guy, sure you may know why, but the bad guy doesn't ever come off as truly evil so there doesn't feel like any true motivation to kill. I wish there where more cool villains in games these days like Vaas and Handsome Jack. There is a plot twist towards the end, you can see it from a mile away. While the story has some problems, the most important part of any game got the most love here, which is the gameplay. The game takes place over 9 different missions, and each one is a mini sandbox. They are fully explorable with no invisible walls that I could find and the only thing stopping you being the laws of physics. You are tasked with different objectives within each level, and there all very diverse. There's tons of different ways to approach these objectives which gives the game a lot of replay value. You can run in and stab and shoot every guy, or freeze time and just walk through, or set spike traps in specific places for enemies to walk into, or teleport all over the place to sneak around them, there is so much diversity. How much fun you'll have depends on how creative you are. And I like that the alternate endings and the way the story plays out depends on your actions in the gameplay itself rather than just pressing one button or another in a cutscenes like in other games. At the end of each mission you are ranked with either low of high chaos. If you set off alarms and stab every throat you see, you get high chaos, but play it stealthy and spare enough lives and keep it quiet, you will get low chaos. I mostly played stealthy but every once in a while got in a bloody sword fight because stealth was too tricky, but still got low chaos overall. No matter which way you play, the game will still challenge you. Big sword fights are frantic and tough, but sneaking around is also nerve wracking and can be broken with one little slip. At times the game can be a bit frustrating. A lot of times I would be trying to be stealthy and guys would come running after me and I had no way of knowing how I got caught. But god the most part it's a legitimate challenge, unlike most games these days. I didn't come across any glitches in my playthrough, and the graphics are very unique. Some people say this game has ugly graphics, we'll duh it's not trying to look photorealistic. It has a unique art style that goes with the steampunk world. The game also has great sound design, the weapons and magical powers have cool sound effects when you use them. The city itself has these sound of steam machines and metal clanking and buzzing sounds that really give it that industrial feel and it sounds awesome. I really wish there was there was more interesting enemies to fight. Most of the time you'll just be confronted with boring guards, but there are also infected zombie like people and other assassins who can teleport. The only stand out enemy is the stilt walkers as they are big scary and challenging to get around. If they see you prepare for a pain of a fight. If you like stealth games, then this is certainly a must have for it's stellar gameplay, after all that's the most important part. It's something unique, refreshing, and original and I would love to see a sequel and this being turned into a franchise. There's a lot more I want to learn about this unique world. Just don't have high expectations for the plot, I do hope they make a better plot if there is a sequel. Expand
  15. May 17, 2015
    Best game I played in a long time. I didn't know what to expect from this game, from start it was okay but then I got really into it. Game you need to play if you're a gamer.
  16. Mar 6, 2015
    Has been fun at stages, you know.....
    Oh who am I kidding? This game is amazing!
    Even though I repeated the game 5 times, it still surprises me
    in every choices I make. I really love games that let's you decide
    on a situation and carves the story through your decisions. Great work Arkane! Keep it up!
  17. Mar 23, 2015
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

So much variety, so much fun - so much replayability. Wonderful environments with many paths to completion.

Beautifully consistent tone.

Great DLC, too - expands on the main story and adds new mechanics that fit well in the established setting.
  18. May 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Visuals
    Although Dishonored may not have the crazy pixel count of some games, it more than makes up for it with its stunning art direction. It looks like an oil painting come to life, and is a pleasure to look at. 9.5/10.
    Story
    (Minor spoilers, seen in trailer) The story follows Corvo Attano, the emperor of the whaling city of Dunwall's personal bodyguard. He is framed for the emperors murder, and sent to prison, where he will be executed. He escapes with help of a mysterious secret society, and is whisked of on an adventure to exact revenge on those who framed him, and rescue the emperors daughter. Along the way he will meet many characters, some more fleshed out than others. There are plenty of plot twists throughout the game to keep the player entertained. The game has a moral choice system which equates to three different endings, and when you finish you'll want to try to get the other endings on your second go. 9.3/10.

Gameplay
    Dishonored is a mixture of stealth and action. Level design encourages several different ways throughout each level, with most levels having multiple endings, depending on what actions were done in the level. For weapons there is a gun, a crossbow, a knife, a spring trap (detonates when enemies come near), grenades, and magical abilities such as stopping time or summoning a horde of rats. These abilities can be bought and upgraded by runes that you find throughout the semi-open world map. All weapons can be upgraded. The crossbow has about three different types of bolts. 9.2/10.
  19. May 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good Stelth Game . One of the best Stealth game , but I not really like Stelth , but I like Dishonored , Watch Dogs , Assasin's Creed and Hitman , Splinter Cell and MGS , but I cant estimate Stelth Game up to nine , but MGS 3 Subsistence an exeption . In Dishonored good graphics and amazing storyline . In this game somebody kill the queen and substitutes main hero . Main Hero must escape from prison and revenge those who framed him . 7/10 . Awesome Game Expand
  20. May 28, 2016
    What can I say, It is a great game, the graphics are superb, the story could be better, but the game imerses you from the start and takes you an a fun and moving very exciting journey in this fabulous victorian/ 21 st century mix of a world.
    Unusual choice of setting, but this allows the character to move though a very intricate and stunning world. It vaguely reminded me of bioshock with it's old world and advanced technology, but this added to the plot.
    In short, a must play.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Nov 14, 2012
    Precise and elegant systemic design engenders an absurd degree of player agency, but is marred somewhat by a sloppy, unconvincing narrative and soulless characters. [Dec 2012]
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    What is there is so compelling that the lack of additional stages can't help but feel like a disappointment. The game's strengths are a double-edged sword. Regardless, this is still one of the best games of this year. With a bit of work, a potential sequel could be one of the best games of any year.
  3. Dishonored is never able complete that transformation from a game into a totally new and exciting world to inhabit. To be sure, our mostly positive rating reflects that this game is well-structured with all the pieces you'd expect and story flexibility will offer up a unique adventure for every player. It's a promising and mostly enjoyable start to what will perhaps be an ongoing series, but it lacks the emotional punch that could make it great.