6.4

1. Oct 19, 2011
    A solid RPG at a resonable price. Good graphics, sound and voice acting, sufficient depth. From reading reviews, I believe it must have been patched- I am 4 hours into it and have not experienced any glitches. This is the game to fill the gap until Skyrim comes out. Seems more like a Bioware or Bethesda release. Bravo Atlus! Keep it up- you could be a contender!
  2. RobertC
    Jan 6, 2010
    I got this game from gamestop 12/29/09. The 360 version has some bugs/glitches that I havn't bothered to see if they have a patch for it yet. The most annoying is the save bug where if you die it and you try to load it it either freezes or loads on a previous save. A fix for it would be to go back to your dashboard and load the game again, it gets annoying in the long run. The story I got this game from gamestop 12/29/09. The 360 version has some bugs/glitches that I havn't bothered to see if they have a patch for it yet. The most annoying is the save bug where if you die it and you try to load it it either freezes or loads on a previous save. A fix for it would be to go back to your dashboard and load the game again, it gets annoying in the long run. The story is decent, the choices...I thought there would be more. For a game that doesn't have enemy respawns the flow and other aspects of the game doesn't make up for it (like how BioWare games: JE,KOTOR 1&2, DA:O, etc does). The difficulty isn't that bad, its challenging though and expect to die a couple of times. The enemies don't scale with you so if the enemy is too hard for you, you'll have to go back to the previous town and finish up any side quests or find monsters that you havn't killed already. As for the loot, its pretty decent amount although. There maybe some frame rate issues at times but for me its somewhat rare. The game lets you choose whatever skills you want so you could pick skills from any skill branch (priest, mage, archer, rogue and dragon slayer). You'll finish the game with all the side quests in the high 30's level. The max level is 50 I believe. The ending is pretty bad, much like the Borderlands ending and there isn't much of anything to do once you beat the game other then play a new game. This game isn't worth $60 with tax, rent the game if there are patches for the bugs or wait until its worth somewhere around $30 or less. Expand
  3. DomienDeG
    Jan 12, 2010
    Divinity II is a huge game that gives the player a lot of freedom. It is filled with incredibly fun quests, it's got a great storyline and the best dialogue/humour in ages!
  4. Aug 24, 2010
    I basically liked this game. I loved (was even blown away by) the beauty of the outdoor scenes. The game play was above average. I was not all that fond of the storyline, though I must say. This is a tough game to play even for seasoned role-playing gamers like myself, so don't think yourself a bad gamer if you can't make it through to completion. That fact alone prevents it from being a "9".
  5. Mar 19, 2011
    I was searching for a good RPG game,so i saw some videos on youtube about this one - Divinity II: Ego Draconis.I found it interesting so i got it and let me tell you what - it went beyond my expectations.In the beginning the game is not so much attractive (i can say it was rather boring),but as i was going further (when i actually started to figure out things) i started to like it.FirstI was searching for a good RPG game,so i saw some videos on youtube about this one - Divinity II: Ego Draconis.I found it interesting so i got it and let me tell you what - it went beyond my expectations.In the beginning the game is not so much attractive (i can say it was rather boring),but as i was going further (when i actually started to figure out things) i started to like it.First thing to notice is that,it's not a game where you just click on enemies to attack them.It kind of gives the feeling that it's a mixture of hack 'n slash with rpg which is very cool,by saying that i mean you can just dodge attacks by jumping backwards or even jump and attack your enemy,and on very intense battles where you are weak against the enemy you can just jump off a cliff and escape (it won't get you killed).Another thing i liked - a LOT of quests to do,you aren't doing a single quest in the game,you can talk to other people in the game and help them (if you want),and then you get rewarded for it.Also this game is huge and it's not just for show,you can actually find some secrets everywhere (as well as more quests) ,but in some other cases you have to search a lot in order to find something that is needed for a quest (which i find cool in video games like this one).Also the music in the game is brilliant,it totally fits with all the places.

One thing i didn't like : When i'm low on health and mana,and i don't have any potions left i can't rest like to sleep somewhere or to get healed from somewhere,i gotta wait till they restore,and another bad thing is that not all traders sell potions.But anyway that's not a big problem once you become better in the game - actually this game gets way less rating that it deserves and i really don't know why.
  6. May 11, 2012
    Yet another game with good idea's and no execution. It's lack of polish is criminal as it's full of bugs, glitches and other game ending fun. It has a interesting story but due to the spotty voice acting and tedium you really have to grind it out to care. Graphically it's regular Xbox quality, gameplay wise it's repetitive and clunky. Enemies don't scale with you or respawn, instead areasYet another game with good idea's and no execution. It's lack of polish is criminal as it's full of bugs, glitches and other game ending fun. It has a interesting story but due to the spotty voice acting and tedium you really have to grind it out to care. Graphically it's regular Xbox quality, gameplay wise it's repetitive and clunky. Enemies don't scale with you or respawn, instead areas are either weaker then you or much much stronger and often wandering or exploring a new place will result in fighting a impossible battle (Open world? Laugh) The supposed saving grace of this game was supposed to be the dragon combat however it's entirely boring and uninspired. Rent if you must but be warned. Expand
  7. Feb 9, 2011
    Starts out strong and shows a lot of promise in the first few hours. and yes you can turn into a dragon!! and its a cool looking dragon! unfortunaly its also a weak and pretty useless, cant fight enimies on the grownd and i keep flying into invisable walls kind of dragon. neat concept, but I lost all interest after I realized that the dragon gamplay was unfun and more like a crappy miniStarts out strong and shows a lot of promise in the first few hours. and yes you can turn into a dragon!! and its a cool looking dragon! unfortunaly its also a weak and pretty useless, cant fight enimies on the grownd and i keep flying into invisable walls kind of dragon. neat concept, but I lost all interest after I realized that the dragon gamplay was unfun and more like a crappy mini game than acctuall RPG combat. Plus the ending will really piss you off. Expand
  8. Jan 26, 2014
    Well, I was in the market for a good Dragon game. That is, a game where you play as a dragon. Anyway, I had heard of this game via internet and I got it for Christmas. I was so exited when I booted it into my xbox! How disappointed was I when I saw how the graphics were nothing but grainy textures. There were no tutorials for much of anything, as I quickly found I could not find out how toWell, I was in the market for a good Dragon game. That is, a game where you play as a dragon. Anyway, I had heard of this game via internet and I got it for Christmas. I was so exited when I booted it into my xbox! How disappointed was I when I saw how the graphics were nothing but grainy textures. There were no tutorials for much of anything, as I quickly found I could not find out how to map anything to anything. And the difficulty, oooh the difficulty. This game is best played by those who enjoy endless grinding. Even on easy mode, I found it hard to keep up with even the most basic mobs. Expand

The wait to live as a dragon has been worth.
  2. Divine 2 is quite a disappointing RPG, there is no real feel of progression for your character and the presentation is quite poor. RPG fans may like it, but there are better games out there.
  3. The story is compelling and well told, and there's certainly enough flow to put it in the category of "just ten more minutes" games - but you'll need a lot of patience to get the most out of Ego Draconis.