5.0

1. Feb 10, 2015
    Gameplay 4.5/5 doesn't get perfect score because the lack of a lock on feature other games in series had. Combat had good flow combos were a little to easy to string together though.

Boss Fights: 5/5 best boss fights in the series Level Design 5/5 Levels offered a variety of challenges. I love running though the stages as the ground you were standing on morphed and jumped to

Boss Fights: 5/5 best boss fights in the series

Level Design 5/5 Levels offered a variety of challenges. I love running though the stages as the ground you were standing on morphed and jumped to different locations. Lots of really awesome stage hazards too.

Story 3/5 story is decent at best but the story has never been a strong point for this series. Only real issue is the length the game seems shorter then previous installments.

Characters 2/5 All the characters are less likable then the previous installments in the game series. I despise the main character and that's not a good thing. They kept trying to mix old Dante's personality with the new version and it was offsetting. The even went far enough to insult their old clients that built their franchise, by poking fun at the old character designs.

Difficulty: 3/5 the game was a lot easier then previous games. However once you unlock the mode where you die in one hit, its not so easy anymore regardless of what anyone tells you.

overall id say 7/10 I would give it a higher score but
    -the character design
    - and the developers attitude towards the old fans left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I own all 4 games in the series and the reboot.... IF you want to know how id order them best to worst. here it is.

1'st: DEVIL MAY CRY #3
    2'nd: DEVIL MAY CRY #4
    3'rd: DMC
    4'th: DEVIL MAY CRY #1
    5'th: DEVIL MAY CRY #2
  2. Nov 3, 2013
    There has been a lot of controversy about DmC. The design of Dante was especially criticized. In all honesty however, being this my first Devil May Cry, I gotta say that is actually a really good game, and doesn't deserve the low rating half the users are giving it.
    First, the visuals. They look really good, and are pretty smooth. Some were complaining about it being in 30 fps instead of 60, but it doesn't feel clunky at all. I've got to say that, personally, I prefer the original DMC's designs, but there is actually an explanation revealed during the story. While the character's design aren't as good as the original, the environment is gorgeous and polished. The soundtrack is not really memorable. Too many heavy metal songs. The voices aren't memorable either, but do their job.
    The story feels like an afterthought, but I guess those who wanted to know Dante's backstory (at least, what WAS Dante's back-story until this game became part from an alternate universe), it will entertain you. I've got to say that I didn't laugh that much to this new Dante. Everyone I know says that Dante cracks a lot of jokes and trash-talks his enemies almost constantly. The only problem is that, these aren't that funny. He says a lot of and it's just not entertaining.
    The gameplay is what makes this game truly worthy. The combos are quick, fun and really entertaining to watch. The multiple attacks with different attacks give you a huge amount of variety in combos. There are some moments of basic platforming, but the gameplay is entirely based on combat. And I'm not complaining at all with that. The bosses maintain the fun factor of the game, through some can get a little repetitive. Overall, I'm excited to try on other Devil May Cry titles, and a little sad to see this title being left behind by a bad design choice. Luckily, it will be vindicated over the time.
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry is one of thee best games of 2013. In fact, it kicked the year off in January as the first best game of the year. Fast paced, heart pounding, intense, fun as hell action, and a awesomely crafted and intriguing story line, including amazing, beautiful level design make DmC one of the best games in the genre. And one of my favorite games of all time. I LOVE this game. AndDmC: Devil May Cry is one of thee best games of 2013. In fact, it kicked the year off in January as the first best game of the year. Fast paced, heart pounding, intense, fun as hell action, and a awesomely crafted and intriguing story line, including amazing, beautiful level design make DmC one of the best games in the genre. And one of my favorite games of all time. I LOVE this game. And I really hope we get a sequel to it soon. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Forget what the haters say, this ones here and its awesome!

Having played all the other DMC games I was at first not attracted to this game because, like everyone else I didnt like the character style. However once I played the demo I was over it as I knew the gameplay was solid. Graphics: These are the best the series has had to offer. Ninja Theory defiantly steps up their game and
    Forget what the haters say, this ones here and its awesome!

Graphics: These are the best the series has had to offer. Ninja Theory defiantly steps up their game and shows off some amazing visuals. The stages are not only the best i've seen in the series, they might be some of the coolest and best i've seen in a action game ever. Whats even more impressive is how great this game looks and its running on such an outdated game engine unreal 3 ).

Audio: The audio is kick ass. However this time is licensed music. Its all perfectly chosen and fit the game perfect. Its a blend of metal, rock and techno depending on the stage. Since its not just game music its actually stuff that you'd probably wanna just listening to for hearing pleasure too.

Gameplay: The game plays is awesome. Dante feels more like nero from part 4 in this one with his angelic and demonic grabs working just like neros arm grab. Imho this is fantastic as nero is my favorite DMC play style in the whole series. The game does suffer from some flaws however. Its vastly too easy. You're gonna just instantly wanna start on the hardest difficulty thats available from the start. Another thing it it seems impossible to cancel out of a move mid action.

Story: DMC has always had terrible stories. This one at least tries and it does much better than any previous entry. However its still nothing to write home about.

Over all this is the best DMC period. I really think people are missing out because they dont like Dantes new look and more "edgy" personality. Even though I honestly think his more edgy personality is more realistic than his over the stop shannagins of previous games.

If you're a fan of the genre its a must have! Go pick it up now.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    Seeing the bad score i had to write a little bit on my own.

I played some of the older DmC games, but none realy that extensively. I like dante´s new look of, the action is great, the music is awesome like the best game soundtrack i can think of right now) the jokes are actually kind of funny, the story is not toooo bad. Compared to other games of the prox genre playing Asura´s
    Seeing the bad score i had to write a little bit on my own.

I played some of the older DmC games, but none realy that extensively.
    I like dante´s new look of, the action is great, the music is awesome like the best game soundtrack i can think of right now) the jokes are actually kind of funny, the story is not toooo bad. Compared to other games of the prox genre playing Asura´s Wrath now, or what was that Resident-Evil-kinda Ninja game called?? I LOOVE the lack of QuickTimeEvents All in all a very enjoyable game and there is no way it deserves a 4.9 rating
  6. Jan 12, 2014
    a decent hack and slash game that maybe plays it too safe? it was an ok overall game, but one where I had more complaints than praises. The story and cast of characters were as weak as any game I remember playing in recent memories; it's basically I hate you and I'm going to kill you type of story. The gameplay is fun, however the magic wears off once you realize the move list does nota decent hack and slash game that maybe plays it too safe? it was an ok overall game, but one where I had more complaints than praises. The story and cast of characters were as weak as any game I remember playing in recent memories; it's basically I hate you and I'm going to kill you type of story. The gameplay is fun, however the magic wears off once you realize the move list does not grow as the game goes along, and the later weapon additions in the game were a non factor. I guess the secret to enjoying this is to not marathon play it. If your not hack n slashing, you're jumping from one area to another chaining to each other, those are the only two gametype in this game. Anyone who enjoys hack and slash games go ahead you'll know what to expect; but it is a step below god of war imo. 75/100 Expand
  7. ECU
    Jul 17, 2014
    DmC does nearly everything right. Fast action, cool characters, dynamic levels they are all great and well tought. But there are some minor issues too. There are few too many platforming levels and they are not working well. This is an action game so controls and camera are designed for slashing, not for jumping around trying to land on the perfect spot. But the point where the game trulyDmC does nearly everything right. Fast action, cool characters, dynamic levels they are all great and well tought. But there are some minor issues too. There are few too many platforming levels and they are not working well. This is an action game so controls and camera are designed for slashing, not for jumping around trying to land on the perfect spot. But the point where the game truly shines is level design. All levels follow the same design elements though they are never dull or repetitive. Fighting your way through a dynamicly changeing level is too fun to miss out. Expand
  8. Feb 3, 2013
    I do not believe this game deserves the low scores it is getting or the extremely high score, this game is just above average at best. I do believe the series has taken a drastic nosedive, the combat system has been dumbed down and made much easier. This is not all bad however as it allows the game to become more accessible to new players of the series and makes gameplay somewhat fresh forI do not believe this game deserves the low scores it is getting or the extremely high score, this game is just above average at best. I do believe the series has taken a drastic nosedive, the combat system has been dumbed down and made much easier. This is not all bad however as it allows the game to become more accessible to new players of the series and makes gameplay somewhat fresh for new players. One thing I would like to complain about is the characters, more importantly Dante. The character of Dante In this game is defiantly inferior to his previous incarnation., the most annoying thing about him is that he has become a potty-mouth 5 year old instead of a smart talking demon killer, with him taking the chance to drop a swear every chance he gets. Overall this game could have been better character and story-wise with some parts of the gameplay needing readjustment, but other than these reasons it is still a solid game that should be tried out by everyone.

6/10-Better than Average.
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    Story was good but Game play was too normal actions not very well but good Bosses are stupid and when you finish it you will have no attraction to complete new opened games from first
  10. Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, first off, to hell with anyone who gave this game below a five. Most of you guys wrote the review on the day of release. my thoughts? they all are a preemptive assault to try to slander what is a GREAT game. so please, you are a coherent human being, avoid the hooting dick-holes. and to said hooting dick-holes; grow up and off.

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top action and furious style are dealt in spades here. absolutely stunning level design and combo chaining the likes of which the DMC 3 and 4 have trouble contending. if you're a fan of the series, give it a go. the aesthetic ma be different but the game is all DMC all the time.
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    It is fun that people dosent know that this game is a REBOOOOOOOT and not a continue of the other games. Please dont care about the 0 givers they dont know what they are talking about. Combat is amazing BUT they made Dane a douche
  12. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is amazing! To all the little internet complainers who have no idea what they are talking about and probably didn't even play the game and just want to constantly you are IDIOTS....It makes no sense to hate this game because they changed the character around a bit, I am a huge fan of Devil May Cry and this game is a step in the right direction, the levels are diverse andThis game is amazing! To all the little internet complainers who have no idea what they are talking about and probably didn't even play the game and just want to constantly you are IDIOTS....It makes no sense to hate this game because they changed the character around a bit, I am a huge fan of Devil May Cry and this game is a step in the right direction, the levels are diverse and engaging, the combat feels fresh and satisfying, story is decent, love the banter with the Succubus and Bob Barbas, and the boss fights feel fresh and exciting, Arkham City used to be my favorite action adventure game but DmC is now the front runner, TO ALL THE WHINERS-STOP CRYING AND SHUT UP Expand
  13. Apr 13, 2013
    The gameplay is solid, while devil trigger sucks ass and the new style system has been dumbed down considerable. However, the characters are horrid and the dialogue reminds me of a 15 year old's fan fiction. Storyline was semi-interesting though. And c'mon, new Dante does look like a heroin junkie.
  14. Apr 19, 2013
    I'm not usually a fan of this type of game, see i have not played any of the previous dmc's, but from someone new to dmc, i can say that this is a solid game. After the first play through on med. hard wasn't that much harder. Son of sparda and up is where the challenge begin.
    Story was eh, typical bad guy try to take over the world you stop him, the way of doing it was really out there tho, got to give them that. Gameplay was awesome. moves are fluid easy to link. after this i can see me going to pick up dmc hd collection and trying it out.
  15. May 15, 2013
    Just ignore all fanboys and play the game!!! Everyone here on metacritic is just complaining at how bad it was, but it's actually really fun!! I admit, story is bad, but it makes sense, and the story was never a good part of the Devil May Cry universe anyway!

As for gameplay, it's got the same feel from the past games, even in 30fps, and the camera is never an issue. But this reboot does not have a lock-on control, making it seem that the guns Ebony and Ivory have minds of their own. Dodging is now easier compared to the past games!!!
    And I'm really pleased at how the weapon system was done, you still have Dante's Signature sword "The Rebellion" which works as the balanced weapon, and now you also have Angel and Devil weapons each with their own style, blue angel weapons deal quick light damage and cover more distance, and Demon weapons are the strong power house weapons. And you can easily and quickly use these weapons at your disposal by holding down either the left or right trigger.

But if you truly want to enjoy this game, you have to play it once, and then play it again ON SON OF SPARDA MODE!! The enemy A.I. is really easy, I was able to beat the game easily on the Nephilim difficulty, (And this is coming from a guy who never played the past DmC games till after this one, or even Beyonetta) the enemy A.I. are pretty slow and have many attack warnings, and I even found a goof that some of the enemy's won't attack you unless they're visible on camera. So I suggest playing this on Son of Sparda mode or Dante Must Die Mode! But overall great game, just treat all the other angry fanboys like the Demons in the game, ignore what they say and beat the crap out of them!
  16. Apr 27, 2013
    I will admit, I never played any of the original DMC games but there's something people seem to forget. This is a REBOOT! The team that worked on this wanted to make the game in their own vision and wanted to use this game as a way for new people (like me) to get into the series, and I believe they succeeded.

I NEVER cared about DMC until I played this game, the gameplay was really fun

I NEVER cared about DMC until I played this game, the gameplay was really fun and fast paced, the story was just okay but I was told that DMC was not mostly known for it's story anyway and I thought the boss battles were excellent. I played and replayed this game multiple times. It's not the greatest game I ever played but it definitely got me interested in the series so that's a win.
  17. May 3, 2013
    In my opinion a good game. I grew tired of the devil may cry series when no.4 came out despite being a huge fan of 1 and 3. This game seems to be different to many of the other devil may cry games in the battles, locations and most noticeably the characters. The game is alot darker but more modern (not a haunted castle in sight, which while it was cool gets abit old). The huge differenceIn my opinion a good game. I grew tired of the devil may cry series when no.4 came out despite being a huge fan of 1 and 3. This game seems to be different to many of the other devil may cry games in the battles, locations and most noticeably the characters. The game is alot darker but more modern (not a haunted castle in sight, which while it was cool gets abit old). The huge difference is Dante himself, while he's had many changes in personality over the years this is possibly the biggest, he's basically a incredibly cruel guy in almost every aspect, in the beginning he shows this cruel side to everyone, including his allies. By the end of the game he is even harsher in some ways but shows some small shame for the things he does to his enemies. I wouldn't put this in the same series as the other DMC to be honest. It's an entirely new one so old fans will definitely hate it. Expand
  18. May 19, 2013
    Its a great game the story is really good compared to some other hack and slash games I've played I wish the new Dante was more like the Dante in previous games but other than that and few combat issues I had it was a really good game I'd highly recommend
  19. Aug 14, 2013
    So dmc is finally here and is awesome the combat is refreshing the graphics are some of the best i have seen the only problem is the new dante he is annoying and will offend anyone who liked the old dante like me but that dose not mean the game deserves 2 out of ten come on guys that's just silly. Overall dmc is a solid hack and slash that's why i give dmc a eight out of ten
  20. Jun 10, 2013
    Being new to the Devil May Cry universe I found the new addition to the franchise entertaining from a action aspect as well with a kick ass soundtrack written by Noisia and Combichrist. With that said. I beat it on the hell and hell difficultly and once you have mastered the combo's and upgraded every weapon it's a slight challenge. Getting a Sensational ranking is very easy compared toBeing new to the Devil May Cry universe I found the new addition to the franchise entertaining from a action aspect as well with a kick ass soundtrack written by Noisia and Combichrist. With that said. I beat it on the hell and hell difficultly and once you have mastered the combo's and upgraded every weapon it's a slight challenge. Getting a Sensational ranking is very easy compared to previous Devil May Cry's. The game does make you feel like a badass in combat but some fight's are generic and can get a little tedious and annoying. I enjoyed the Limbo parts of the game and it shows Ninja Theory had some great artistic designs but the story is were this game starts to suffer. To be honest the new look of Dante never steered me away from the game but it was his lack of a interesting character along with Kat and Vergil. Bob Barbas the demonic Raptor Reporter was the greatest and most fun boss battle I've battled in a while at the same time some boss battles are copy and paste and there is not much for innovation. The camera angles can sometimes build a mind of it's own and leave you stuck staring at the ceiling but it's a minor issue. The final verdict is that it's a okay game after going back through all of the difficulties and getting most of the achievements. The DLC Vergil's downfall holds no torch to the actual game. If you are a massive fan of the franchise it might disappoint you with only 2 hours of actual gameplay and a somewhat half assed tale of Vergil's Downfall. If Ninja Theory made a DMC 2 I'd give it a try but the game has gotten a lot of hate but if you want to give this a try, wait till a huge price drop and give it ago! Don't set your expectations high. Plus there is a moment in the game were a white wig happens to flop onto Dante's head and he looks into a mirror reflecting on the old style of Dante. Dante smirks and says, "Not in a million years". With this said it's a huge middle finger to the older franchise and like I said myself not being a huge fan of the serious I felt the anger with that being in the game. It was unnecessary and it goes to show you where the company feels about the past games and the history of DMC. We might not see a DMC 2 and with that I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed. Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    The motion capture was pretty awesome than the other DmC games. I just like the combat weapon (Angels & Demon) where there is pulling enemies, shooting time and alternate impact games. The new Dante design it's so cheap. The only think i like in the game was a enjoyable gameplay. than the character's design that was so cheap.
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    Devil may cry 4 was a HUGE flop, they MUST reboot the story, and the new style is AMAZING.
    The gameplay is pure fun,
    all the weapons are useful, not like in the others, when you can play ONLY with a sword.
  23. Jul 30, 2013
    When i first started playing DMC it was a while back when 4 came out. I played and got hooked. I bought the H-D collection which had 1,2, and 3 and they were fun. Then I heard of this DMC and I was excited. Then i bought it and I only have 1 major gripe with the game. No lock on. WHY NOT? but it is cool looking and the graphics were cool and i know I will get a lot of s!@# for this but iWhen i first started playing DMC it was a while back when 4 came out. I played and got hooked. I bought the H-D collection which had 1,2, and 3 and they were fun. Then I heard of this DMC and I was excited. Then i bought it and I only have 1 major gripe with the game. No lock on. WHY NOT? but it is cool looking and the graphics were cool and i know I will get a lot of s!@# for this but i like the new Dante more than the old one. Expand
  24. Aug 18, 2013
    Wow, how pathetic are people to flood metacritic with 1's simply because they're upset over Dante not having white hair..... People need to grow up, and metacritic needs to filter the BS user scores for this game because having an 86 for critic rating, and a 4.8 for user ratings makes it painfully obvious that the reviews are not rating the game, they are trolling it.
  25. Sep 5, 2013
    This is a great game and perhaps the best hack-and-slash game I have played. The story is well written, the characters are believable(Dante even more so than in previous DmC games) and the atmosphere is fantastic. Throw in some fun, easily controllable fast-paced combat and fantastic boss battles along with 9 different difficulty levels to play through, and you have yourself a completeThis is a great game and perhaps the best hack-and-slash game I have played. The story is well written, the characters are believable(Dante even more so than in previous DmC games) and the atmosphere is fantastic. Throw in some fun, easily controllable fast-paced combat and fantastic boss battles along with 9 different difficulty levels to play through, and you have yourself a complete package. This game is well worth it and I highly recommend that you pick it up. Expand
  26. Oct 10, 2013
    I hate these fan boys of the past Dante and say how the story of this game is bad. The story for me is like one of the best stories of devil may cry it makes sense and is compelling, it feels more realistic for a story line, but don't get me wrong the old DMC's are great but I prefer this story line. Everyone seems to talk about the downs of this game what? where's the ups like how theI hate these fan boys of the past Dante and say how the story of this game is bad. The story for me is like one of the best stories of devil may cry it makes sense and is compelling, it feels more realistic for a story line, but don't get me wrong the old DMC's are great but I prefer this story line. Everyone seems to talk about the downs of this game what? where's the ups like how the combat is much more fluent and combos feel great to get and how swapping between weapons is so easy. The writing for this story was serious but at some points hilarious, the new Dante may be a "emo-tized" but you grow to like him towards the end as he comes from that don't care attitude to a more I do care attitude and me with the shooting the baby thing its a game its trying show that Virgil is corrupted with evil necessities and also his lust for power, overall the game is great I enjoyed intensely and was not bored through one bit of the game. Expand
  27. Dec 23, 2013
    i played this game starting to think that this is the worst game ever made in hole history but it wasn't as desapointed as i thought,but it is still disapointed.
  28. Feb 13, 2014
    This game is fantastic.. and i do mean fantastic! Best fighting out of the entire DMC series, bosses are great and fun to battle the story.. well there actually is a story unlike the other DMC games and theres no needlessly long puzzles its a 10/10 fighting game and a 10/10 DMC game.. All the haters are little **** pissed about the hair being short.. He doesn't act emo at all in the game,aThis game is fantastic.. and i do mean fantastic! Best fighting out of the entire DMC series, bosses are great and fun to battle the story.. well there actually is a story unlike the other DMC games and theres no needlessly long puzzles its a 10/10 fighting game and a 10/10 DMC game.. All the haters are little **** pissed about the hair being short.. He doesn't act emo at all in the game,a patch of his hair turns white after he accquires demon form thats the explenation to why he has white hair in the others and its a decent one.. Do not listen to the idiots complaining about this game.. I never tought id say this but i agree with the reviewers way more compared to the public.. Expand
  29. Jan 9, 2014
    I want to say upfront that this is the first Devil May Cry game i have picked up and played. What first drew me to this game was that fact that it was a hack n slash game which is a genre i really enjoy, and its visuals. But when i started to play the game i got really hooked on its gripping story, its facial animations, and many more. Now just because this is my first Devil May Cry game iI want to say upfront that this is the first Devil May Cry game i have picked up and played. What first drew me to this game was that fact that it was a hack n slash game which is a genre i really enjoy, and its visuals. But when i started to play the game i got really hooked on its gripping story, its facial animations, and many more. Now just because this is my first Devil May Cry game i have played does not mean i don't know what is going on. In this game you are Dante who you just suspect first as a lady's man who enjoys partying but after he is attacked by a demon in the first level he gets drawn into a secret war where demons walk among the human populace. Within the first level you meet Kat who becomes very instrumental in helping Dante on his journey. Then after Kay helps get him out of limbo she takes her to meet another character named Vergil who is the leader of this group that may seem like a terrorist group but you will find out that they are actually fighting the demons that walk among the humans. When Dante meets Vergil, Vergil tries to convince Dante to join but at first Dante refuses but when convinced Dante goes into limbo where he discovers his origins which i won't spoil for you because it is very interesting. Anyways after that Dante agrees to assist Vergil's cause which is too help humanity in a certain way against the demons. Now i want to talk about some of the games positives, first the Unreal Engine makes this games visuals extremely fun to look, in this game you will be spending most of your time in limbo, and thats where visuals come into play, the level of detail in this game i believe can compete with some of the other hack n slashers out there such as Dante's Inferno, and the God of War series. You will see constantly the environment breaking apart and reshaping itself. The boss battles are another big positive to this game because not only are they really cool characters but again they use the visuals really well so when the bosses use their attacks they are just a wonder to look at, there really is no way to fully describe them. Another really strong positive to this game is the voice acting and facial animations, all the characters are believable they sound like they actually put hard work into their characters, and the facial animations are just spot on, no lip syncing problems, i would go as far to say that these facial animations are on par with LA Noire, YES they are that good. I may have said this before the story is really well written, its worth a ride and it is simply a fun roller coaster ride, there is one major plot twist at the end which brings me to my next point, this games ending is both action packed and emotional with a sense of morality. Now i will say without spoiling it the final boss battle will not end with who you think. It is so rare to find now a days a good game ending that is so satisfying it sticks with you in your mind, which this ending will do to you, because all of the characters are really memorable. One of the final positives for this game is the weapon selection and combat system throughout the game you will be introduced to at least 7 or 8 weapons, and each of them have their own visual flare, plus the best thing with this weapon and combat system is that yes the game gives you some standard combos but if you want to put some imagination into it you can switch weapons mid combo to create some really insane looking combos. This combat system is not repetitive in any major way, because the enemies in the game provide a challenge in a way that they don't just use one attack over and over again just like you they will mix and match their attacks. Now i have found no major glitches, no drop of the facial animations, and thankfully no drop in the frame rate. Now it may seem like this game in my mind is perfect with no significant flaws but there is just one flaw in the story, and it deals with the context of a certain scene in the opening cut scene. What it is, is that in the beginning Dante is in a strip club, and he is with two of the girls there, he has fun with them then takes them back to his trailer and the scene that results is that the two girls are in the trailer with Dante and he has more fun with them, and you will see the trailer bouncing up and down implying that Dante and the two girls are having strong sex. Well i didn't have a problem with he club scene because Dante was just there watching and charming the girls, and i also didn't have a problem with him taking them home but after that i think they should have cut it off there then resume when Dante wakes up the next morning. I just believe the scene i described when Dante takes them into the trailer did not have much context to be in there. So to me that was just a small disconnect from the story. I would like to say i am not against sex in video i just prefer it when it has context. In conclusion i would highly recommend this game to anyone, and my final score is really 9.75 Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2013
    very solid gameplay and it has a great storyline. fans need to stop whining about how they changed dante's look (even though i miss the old one) and how they dramtically changed some of the personality. Vergil still wants power and mundus is still cold hearted and evil. Kat is an ok female character but not lady/trish good. What they got right was gameplay and style and how amazing it feltvery solid gameplay and it has a great storyline. fans need to stop whining about how they changed dante's look (even though i miss the old one) and how they dramtically changed some of the personality. Vergil still wants power and mundus is still cold hearted and evil. Kat is an ok female character but not lady/trish good. What they got right was gameplay and style and how amazing it felt to fight the bosses. The final boss was amazing in away how it complicated dante's growth and his caring to try and redeem the boss and protect humanity. V Expand

1. Mar 11, 2013
    A worthy rebirth of the franchise as it possesses fast-paced chaotic action, which is diversified by the several weapons that make up Dante’s arsenal, an engaging soundtrack, and a story worthy of the DmC franchise.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Beyond the near-perfect controls and satisfying combat, Ninja Theory has clearly sweated the game's atmosphere and visuals.
  3. Feb 25, 2013
    Ninja Theory have against all odds created something fresh; a creatively superb and in places fantastic action adventure game. It will not be for everyone and is certainly more mainstream than previous efforts but DMC is a rip roaring start to 2013.