6.3

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Clearly people don't understand how to rate a game. This is DOOM 3 Plus ROE with the Lost Mission. Includes 5.1 Surround Sound, Improved Rendering and lighting, new check point save system as well for 3D Visuals. ( All which I read off the back of the game I bought) Doom 3 BFG is DOOM 3 Major Expansion and well worth every penny.
  2. Oct 20, 2012
    I have never played a Doom game before. I dont know who thinks this game seems dated but I would suggest that they are wrong. The garphics are sharp and nice, and it makes a change to have a game that runs so good on a console. The game itself is intense, challenging and very fast paced. It feels like a pure, adrenaline fueled shooter with many suprises and makes you jump a lot. I have played many worse AAA titles and seen many recent games that look much worse. It is a great game. Expand
  3. Oct 16, 2012
    Graphics don't make a good game. Doom 3 and RoE were and still are excellent games. The new "lost missions" are excellent and the 3D really pops. This is a must have for classic horror fans.
  4. Oct 18, 2012
    Grimdandelo a obvious troll. Going to each and every system release and rating it 0? get out fo here. I picked it up for PC and 360... its a great bundle on PC if youve never played the original games, and its well polished. But it really shines on the console, especially for those of us who played the Xbox original Doom 3 that was watered down from its PC counterpart.... this one really should make you smile and see what you missed :)

Also, the 3D effects are great... some of the best I've seen in a game that supports 3D. A definete must buy!
  5. Oct 18, 2012
    It was good in 2004 and it's good now. One of the most atmospheric games ever made. Just because the game play is simple doesn't mean it's not great fun. Get ready for the obligatory hate campaign.
  6. Oct 17, 2012
    I never got a chance to play this game on it's first iteration and now that there is an HD re-release I decided to pick it up. Really, I love it. I can't imagine that the HD edition did that much improvement to the game, and it's 7 or 8 years old. That's a pretty huge feat. I haven't finished it all the way through, but I am already happier with this $40.00 purchase than I have been with a few of my $60 ones. I wish the audio on the weapons sounded better, that's my only complaint. Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2012
    This is a no-brainer: the father of first-person shooters best installment in the franchise, gloriously enhanced for had tv's, loads of content, and one of the most chilling, atmospheric, seat of your pants action games ever designed. Buy it, live it, and love it. These kinds of games don't come around often.
  8. May 25, 2013
    What's with all the hate for this game? Its the complete Doom franchise in one disk people! What more could you ask? This is a sign that Bethesda WILL make Doom 4! So please stop and play this game!
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    Originally, I hadn't planned on writing a review for this game, considering that the original Doom 3 was pretty well-known but after reading how idiotic the majority of the critic reviews are, I feel it's best that I attempt to educate some people about it. First off, entirely disregard most of the actual critic reviews, as their reasoning for giving it a 5 or 6 is cited from the fact that the game is "old". Well, yes, it is. The game was originally released in 2004. However, I was purchasing this game under full knowledge that the game is 8 years old and am not disappointed in the slightest. The critics are like a broken record, harping on the age thing constantly but they act as if the game was developed this year... FYI: it wasn't, and giving the game a 4 out of 10 is absurd. Despite the fact that it's an 8 year-old shooter, it still manages to be more fun than many shooters today. In sum, the game is a pure horror-fest with loads of shooting. If you enjoy fragging demonspawns from hell, this is the game for you. Not to mention how insanely horrific the atmosphere in general is. Never have I played a game that will psychologically disturb you in such a way. Even after I had played through it back when it was initially released, it still managed to scare me in countless ways. People have made bold claims such as "DEAD SPACE IS SCARIER!!", but these claims are ridiculous. I was a huge fan of Dead Space and Dead Space 2 and I admit that they had their moments (even if they were scarce in my opinion), but they don't even come close to rivaling the horrific atmosphere and intense chills that Doom 3 brings to the table. You will never feel safe in this game, no matter which weapon you are currently using. Every new room you progress through feels like it could be your last but the game never manages to be unfair or cheap. One might be wondering what makes Doom 3 any scarier than a modern-day horror game and I would generally chock it up to the amazingly-done atmosphere. The deep growling of lurking nearby monsters, patiently waiting for their opportunity eviscerate you, or the chilling environments themselves, which seem to come alive at many points throughout the game. Hallways will somehow breathe on their own, and footsteps will sound directly behind you and when you whirl around in defense, your finger on the trigger, you see nothing. As you desperately struggle through the seemingly-endless hordes of hell, the devil himself will laugh and mock your efforts, instilling a feeling of hopelessness and despair as you continue onwards. The game is immensely hellish and will leave you scarred psychologically to the point of no return. I admit, the general gameplay of walking around shooting demons does tend to stale after an hour or so, but that hour is insanely satisfying and you are guaranteed to be at the edge of your seat throughout. The storyline is pretty nonexistent, save for make it from point A to point B while wasting countless baddies from hell in between. The new optimized HD graphics definitely improve the overall experience, although it still is quite obvious that the game has a considerable age difference in comparison to other modern shooters. However, this doesn't even come close to tarnishing the experience, which generally spans approximately 12-15 hours for the Doom 3 campaign alone. The Resurrection of Evil expansion pack is included as well, which is an additional 5-6 hours as well as the newly-created Lost Mission campaign, which is an additional 2-3 hours of heart-pounding thrills. The BFG Edition also includes the original Doom and Doom 2 as well, totaling a decent amount of content for a much lower price than your average game. Of course, multiple playthroughs are required for you achievement-whores out there (such as myself), so this ends up being a pretty solid package overall. The Doom 3 multiplayer exists, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time there since, suffice it to say, it's pretty out-of-date. Even back in 2004, it was still pretty awful so I'll simply leave that out of the review. Overall, Doom 3 BFG Edition is one hell of a bargain (pun intended). 3 full-length games + 2 expansions make this a seriously good deal that will satisfy horror and shooter-fans alike. If you thought Dead Space was even a little scary, I would play this game with the lights on. Expand
  10. Jan 24, 2013
    Simply one of the greatest fps of all time: scary, hard, dark as hell, long lasting, wonderful: but you little kids can surely go on playing CoD and **** games like that!
  11. Dec 7, 2012
    I have never played any of the Doom games before, but I have always wanted to. I saw the re-release of the Doom games for the 360 as a great opportunity for me to play them. So I did, and I love them. Besides some dated graphics, Doom 3 is fun, gory and atmospheric and even occasionally scary game that is one of the better shooter games that I have played in a while. The other Doom games are also quite retro and fun. All together, DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the definitive collection for all Doom fans and for all the people who have wanted to play the game. Expand
  12. Oct 22, 2012
    Don't buy this game expecting a drastic remake but to those that never played doom 3 I would recommend trying it out if not now then when you can find a cheap used copy. The graphics are improved but they didn't blow me away either. Yes the game is nearing 10 years old at this point I realize that and it looked amazing back in the day but the texture detail hasn't aged well. I actually felt like the game played even better with a controller than it did on pc but I have been playing mostly console games as of late. Expand
  13. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is going into my library of games I will never trade in. There is so much content and fun to be had both in the old games and in Doom 3. You even get the dlc so this is a really good deal. I think the games all look great and I am addicted to playing all of them. Scary and fun, what more could you ask.
  14. Oct 22, 2012
    Its alot of Doom and worth every dollar I spent on this BFG edition. I do not understand the negative reviews. I already played all these games but it is nice to have them all in one menu and not have to look for my old disks. Its like buying a movie trilogy after you seen the movies. This is a must buy for us old folks who have been playing this series since the mid 90s.
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    If you want a game that scares the crap out of you this game is for you. If you love the Doom classics then this game is for you. This is a must own game in your horror category for games
  16. Nov 15, 2013
    Great console port of the game Smooth framerate Great lighting
    Great Shadows The inclusion of The ROE and the lost missions and doom 1 & 2 make it
    well worth the money also very atmospheric great game

1. Dec 17, 2012
    Still creepy, still fun eight years later. Not quite enough new content to win back old fans, but first-timers will delight. [Jan 2013, p.74]
    Terrifically boring. [Issue#92, p.84]
  3. Dec 5, 2012
    Doom 3 BFG Edition isn't the complete, ultimate Doom collection I was hoping for but it's still a lot of great content in one place and for a good price. Even if I prefer the original games modded to fan perfection, BFG Edition is a great entry point for novices, or a good way for lapsed fans to rediscover the blood, carnage and white knuckle terror of Doom.