6.3

1. Sep 24, 2014
    This version of Double Dragon is the closest match to the original that there is. Still, it isn't the same as the arcade. Visuals are about on par with the original, but I will admit the handling isn't that good on the 360's controller.

Overall: While it is fairly loyal port of the original, it mostly makes you feel how dated the original is. Also, playing on your TV at home just isn't

Overall:
    While it is fairly loyal port of the original, it mostly makes you feel how dated the original is. Also, playing on your TV at home just isn't the same as the arcade down the street. This is one of those games that can only be truly enjoyed on an arcade cabinet.
  2. Feb 23, 2013
    This game was once a classic, Time has not served it well. Best left to the memory I think. There are much better games to spend Xbox live points on.

1. The end fight where you have to plug every single enemy and boss before facing the unfairly tough villain is the stuff of legends...Co-op play is essential if you want to finish the game. [Feb 2007, p.100]
  2. So what's missing? Replayability. Using unlimited continues (an option we do appreciate), both one- and two-player games top out at just under 30 minutes. [June 2007, p.73]
  3. Immensely hard difficulty levels aside in single-player, the co-op mode is fun and much easier to tackle. Oddly it's painfully slow in places with more than five enemies on screen at once. We didn't expect this at all from our next-gen experience of Double Dragon.